Irongate Equestrian and Event Center

Croton, OH

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Irongate Equestrian and Event Center

The Irongate Equestrian and Event Center rests in 150 acres of rolling countryside and offers plenty of venue space in a world-class equestrian training facility. Situated 30 miles from Downtown Columbus and 10 miles from New Albany, this rustic wedding venue can accommodate between 50 and 1,600 guests for a reception. In addition to offering a 40,000 square-foot barn, the Irongate Equestrian and Event Center sits on a backdrop of green pastures and is surrounded by horses. For couples seeking a countryside wedding, it's an idyllic venue.

The Irongate Equestrian Center allows happy couples to enjoy both intimate and large occasions. While the barn holds hundreds of guests, balconies for more personal moments and photo opportunities are available. An array of indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception arenas are available.

Complete with rustic beams and champagne drapes that reach from floor to ceiling, the indoor main arena is ideal for a charming country wedding. Thanks to the neutral décor, happy couples can build on the interior to develop a theme that suits their tastes.

Surrounded by streams and pastures, the outdoor bridge is a winning setting for a nature-inspired wedding. Guests make their way to the ceremony across a bridge made from wood and stone.

Featuring trees that reach delicately over the ceremony area, the outdoor pasture is a great option for those seeking an ethereal wedding with the sunlight peeking through the branches. Newlyweds-to-be and their guests can enjoy taking part in their nuptials on a soft bed of grass.

This arena can accommodate between 50 and 900 guests, giving couples plenty of flexibility when making their wedding plans. Champagne colored drapes are featured throughout the venue.

When combined with a tent or marquee, the outdoor pasture is perfect for a farm-themed wedding. Depending on the size of the tent, couples can arrange a reception for any number of guests.

Couples who want an intimate reception can utilize the cozy space available on the outdoor bridge. In addition to presenting enough space for a seated reception, it comes with a countryside backdrop that's peaceful and relaxing.

Couples arranging their wedding and reception at the Irongate Equestrian and Event Center need to place a 50 percent deposit to secure their date. When cancelling more than 180 days before the event, couples receive a full refund. Those who cancel between 179 and 90 days before the event receive a 50 percent refund, and those who cancel with 89 days or less must pay the full amount for all agreed rental and service charges.

Those getting married at the Irongate Equestrian and Event Center can use all licensed caterers, but must pay an 18 percent service charge for equipment. The venue offers a list of approved caterers when couples make a booking. Event coordinators are assigned to couples when they make their booking, and there's an option to receive a tour of the venue prior to beginning any plans. This one-of-a-kind facility offers various amenities to make the wedding day easier, including free Internet access and suites for the bride and groom to get ready in.

Thanks to the variety of wedding and reception venues on offer, achieving a specific theme is effortless at the Irongate Equestrian and Event Center. Rental rates include basic centerpieces, consultants and access to a bridal suite. Other exciting perks include the following:

• Balconies for photo opportunities
  • Dance floors
  • Uplighting
  • Sound facilities
  • Bonfires and portable s'mores stations
  • Horse-drawn carriage rides
  • Bride and groom arriving to the ceremony and reception on horseback
  • Helicopter arrivals and departures
  • Shuttle services to and from hotels for guests
  • Horse riding lessons and shows
  • Outdoor cocktail ceremonies
  • Bathroom amenity packs

Luxury Rustic Barn Wedding Venue near Columbus OH

Irongate is an Award Winning, Full Service Wedding and Event Venue located just 30 miles from Downtown Columbus and only 10 miles from New Albany. Call one of our Event Specialists to set up your personalized tour today.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

12298 Croton Road, Croton, OH (740) 893-8001

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Morgan S

I don't even know where to begin! Aside from the beauty and charm this venue has, the staff is just amazing! We had the pleasure of working with Laurie. From booking the venue, planning our engagement photos, to every question I had in between, Laurie was so helpful and... Read More responded with smiles and advice each time. On the day of our wedding, she along with Stacey were there making sure we had everything we needed, working with our vendors, along with coordinating everything. The details were just so perfect and the final product was more than we could have ever dreamed. Just beautiful. Laurie was so attentive to each detail. From taking the couch from her own office to put together a beautiful picture backdrop, to making sure I had a cold one in my hand and even helping with my bustle. I could go on and on. This place was perfect and we can't thank the Irongate Staff enough!!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Cortney S

My name is Cortney and I got married at Irongate 5 days ago!! August 27th.. I'm still on cloud nine about how special my day was! I can't say enough about this place... The venue, the staff, the service, the grounds... It is outstanding!! It is breathtakingly beautiful inside... Read More and out! Laurie went above and beyond to make my day perfect. We had our ceremony and reception there, and it was absolutely perfect! The organization and flow of it all was great, which made it not stressful for me at all! This venue is a hidden gem for sure.. Driving up and seeing what's hidden back off the road in the middle of now where, your jaw will drop that's for sure!! Totally worth it. It was a hot day for us, but they kept it cool and comfortable. It also started to rain when it was time to do some photos outside... but the venue is so huge and gorgeous everywhere we found plenty of places to sneak some pictures in! So many cool areas. We had our own private bridal floor!!! The second floor was all mine and my girls! The third floor was for my groom and his guys. Plenty of space to get ready and just relax. My husband also went to the shooting range Irongate has as well. He loved it!!! They all did! It was such a unique and cool place for them to go and chill and hang out together!! The boys did that while the girls were getting ready :) I can't wait to see the photos of the guys there. I can't wait to see all of our photos! ( which were done by Tynicole photo) I could go on and on about this place. I picked everything out and when I got there it was all set up and blew my expectations away! It was my dream wedding 100%!!! I can't thank them all enough!! Thank you Laurie and Irongate!!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Cameron C

My wife and I are so glad we chose Irongate for our wedding this past Saturday. The staff and the scenery were all so wonderful. We had fallen in love with the aesthetic the moment we walked in the building the first time. Everything was set up so perfectly and the bar... Read More transitions worked out very well. We highly recommend using this venue for your wedding or major event. From Mr. and Mrs. Cordell

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Danielle B

Irongate was my husband and I's first and only venue tour. Once we saw the facilities and met with Laurie, we were hooked! We booked their last-available Fall 2017 date and never looked back. The planning process with Laurie was fantastic. She provided a comprehensive list of... Read More vendors she recommended that were incredibly helpful. Using her recommendations also ensured we worked with people who knew each other. Laurie, our DJ (Matt Ryan) and caterer (Scott's Catering) have all worked together for years, which made our day-of seamless. Laurie accommodated us for all emails and phone calls, and helped ensure every single thing we wanted was perfect. OUR DAY OF! Oh my goodness our wedding day. I get emotional every time I think about it because our wedding was truly the day of our dreams. We dropped our decorations off at Irongate the night before. They set everything up for us the day of our wedding so we did not have to worry about a thing. Irongate's dressing suites make getting ready for the wedding so much fun and carefree. They're beautifully decorated, and there is nothing like being able to look over your reception area in anticipation of what's to come! All throughout our wedding and reception, the Irongate staff were tremendously helpful. Stacy was on-hand to ensure we had all we needed. She helped us get food, did bar runs for us, and ensured we were perfectly carefree. At one point, the bustle on my dress would not stay hooked, and before I knew it Laurie was behind me with pliers ready to fix it. All without me saying a thing! One of our signature cocktails was a hit and we ran out of it before the night was over. I went to the bar to grab another drink and the staff had reserved some for my husband and I to ensure we had everything we wanted! I seriously cannot say enough how wonderful and thoughtful everyone at Irongate is. If you can't tell, Irongate comes with our HIGHEST recommendation! We loved it and know you will, too.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Theresa B

We are absolutely thrilled with everything from Irongate! From the first meeting to the actual wedding, all of the staff were incredibly knowledgeable, nice and amazing to work with. Irongate is an absolutely stunning venue and was the perfect place for our wedding. All of our... Read More guests can't stop talking about it and we are one happy couple! Thank you for making our dream wedding come true! We highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Megan R

Irongate was more than perfect! They made sure every detail of our wedding day went off without a hitch! They coordinated so well with my wedding planner and made sure I was the happiest bride all day! Laurie was my favorite part of this beautiful venue, she is so funny and... Read More takes AMAZING care of her bridal parties! I wish I could go back and do it every day of my life!!! I cannot thank Irongate and their staff enough, our day was nothing short of perfect!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Valerie S

As an event planner in the Columbus, Ohio area, I work with many venues and vendors throughout the city. My experience working with Laurie and her amazing team at Irongate was nothing short of excellent. The team is responsive, professional and extremely easy to work with-... Read More not missing a beat on any detail. What stands out most was the thoughtful management of the facility and the staff to ensure optimal client satisfaction. I can't wait to work with them again in the near future!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lisa R

We recently had our wedding at Irongate and it was a dream come true! From the beautiful venue, the overly accommodating and welcoming staff and the extremely helpful vendor recommendations they made wedding planning a breeze! I seriously account my lack of stress planning a... Read More large wedding to every single individual at Irongate who helped along the way. We knew as soon as we walked onto their property this is where our happily ever after would begin and we are so thankful it did! If you're looking for a wedding venue to exceed all expectations, this is your place!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Dara E

Laurie and all of the Irongate staff made our wedding day AMAZING! I really can’t say enough good things about how wonderful Laurie was to work with. She was very responsive to all of my emails/questions and went above and beyond to make sure everything went perfectly. Irongate... Read More is a such a beautiful venue and the perfect place to get married!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Rachel M

We were married here in July and we could not be happier with our selection of Irongate! We worked with Laurie and she was quick to respond to all of my questions and recommended the best vendors to use. She is very detail oriented. On the day of our wedding, she and her staff... Read More made sure everything ran smoothly and stayed on time. It started to pour as our guests were arriving and the staff were running out to our guests cars with umbrellas to help make sure they made it inside dry. I can't leave out Stacey because our families kept talking about how amazing she was the next day. Stacey and Laurie made sure both our families were taken care of all night. I highly recommend Irongate to anyone looking for a gorgeous venue!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Lauren S

My husband and I fell in love with this place the second we drove into the driveway! It is a breathtaking facility at any time of year and offers so many amenities that make your wedding day run so smoothly! We got married on a picture perfect summer day in the courtyard... Read More outside but had a beautiful indoor backup in case the weather was not cooperative too! This was such a relief to have in your back pocket when planning an outdoor wedding in Ohio! The staff was great, super attentive, and I have to give a special shout-out to April for navigating a few unpredictable challenges like a complete professional - it's not often you find someone who can alter a wedding dress an hour before the ceremony because it was too big! My husband and I are so happy we chose this venue for the wedding and reception! Everything about it was STUNNING and PERFECT!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Hayley S

We absolutely loved having our reception at Irongate. As we walked around greeting our guests after dinner, every single comment was the same...they LOVED the venue! Not only is it a beautiful facility, but the staff is very helpful and organized. Thank you so much for making it... Read More the best day ever before

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Kara G

We could not have asked for a better venue! The setting was gorgeous and the staff was incredible. Laurie went above and beyond to ensure that our day went off without a hitch! She even walked around with my niece and nephew showing them all of the animals to keep them in good... Read More sprints while photos were being taken. I can't say how valuable that was! We are so happy that we chose irongate!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Amy K

Irongate Equestrian Center definitely deserves 5 stars! What a gorgeous venue! Our wedding was in late September and we had perfect weather. We were married on the bridge and it was STUNNING. So many of our guests commented on how unique and beautiful the setting was. In... Read More addition, the staff went above and beyond to make sure our dreams & vision came to life. April was our event manager and she was enthusiastic and had so many great ideas! She executed my vision to perfection. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our day went smoothly, especially Jade. They are professionals and I did not have a single worry the entire evening. I want to thank the staff members that worked our wedding - we are so grateful! Booking a venue that is both gorgeous and has a staff that is so accommodating and friendly was our best decision during wedding planning. We love Irongate!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Krista B

I cannot say enough great things about this venue. April and her team went above and beyond to make my special day stress free. From the beginning of the day our whole bridal party was absolutely pampered. Whether it was a delicious mimosa for the ladies or beers for the boys... Read More they catered to us. The ceremony was beautiful and April and her wonderful staff did an amazing job at keeping everything organized and flowing smoothly. We didn't have to worry about anything but smiling and enjoying the day. We were always informed of where we were supposed to be and when to make sure everything went perfectly. Even down to the smallest of things such as having a drink were taken care of for us by the amazing staff. We never had to grab one ourselves they were always one step ahead, which is probably the reason we were able to speak to everyone. The night was a blast and everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was. We didn't need many decorations due to the venue already being naturally beautiful and having its own charm. Overall it was a wonderful experience with Irongate and their experienced staff. This place will always hold a special place in our heart for making our wedding day as flawless as it could be.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Amanda R

Irongate is one of the most beautiful places to get married indoors or outdoors. There are many options to choose from to accommodate your vision of your special day! The staff was professional and friendly! They made the day run smoothly. The venue is gorgeous for any size of a... Read More wedding! I highly recommend this venue for both the wedding ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Halli L

We loved working with Laurie and the staff! Our day was beyond perfect and everyone at Irongate helped make that possible despite a terrible thunderstorm that blew up! Everyone was super helpful and made sure that everything was taken care of and in order, so we never had to... Read More worry. I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride and groom!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kendra B

We got married at Irongate on October 14, and we still cannot believe that that was our wedding. Everything was an absolute fairytale! We worked with April from the beginning and she was amazing to work with. Throughout the entire process she would always make sure our vision... Read More was coming to life while offering her experience to make sure things ran as smoothly as possible. The day of she and the rest of the team were continuously checking in to make sure we were doing alright and if we had any questions. We are still getting texts and calls about how perfect our wedding was and how beautiful the venue was. I would highly recommend Irongate to any engaged couple!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Natalie J

Irongate Equestrian Center was the perfect venue for my wedding. I wanted a rustic barn-feel that was still chic, romantic, and unique. It is wonderful for an outdoor ceremony, and my guests continue to tell me it was the most beautiful ceremony they have seen! I was eased... Read More because they have a complete back-up plan and indoor space in case poor weather hit on the day-of. The land is so picturesque; my photographer had so many photo ideas because everywhere we went was a gorgeous background. Laurie was my event coordinator, and she did a fabulous job accommodating my needs from everything to planning up to the day, setting up beforehand, leading the rehearsal, and getting things done during the wedding so I could be carefree! She was personable and fun, but also professional and someone I could count on. She and her staff handled all the tiny details and honestly made it the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Haley C

We had our wedding at Irongate on 9.3.16 and are still receiving so much feedback from our guests as to how amazing our wedding day was. Laurie and her team go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for the big day. The grounds were beautiful , and everything went... Read More so smoothly- I know this is because of the expertise and professionalism of the Irongate staff. Throughout the entire planning process, Laurie was always available for any questions we had, even accommodating my weird work schedule to make sure we could meet in person. One aspect I wanted to point out that is extremely important to me: I am NOT good at decorating, nor do I care about small details. The decorations I brought we minimal. Laurie and her team added SO many extra touches to the decorations that I didn't even think about that made the ceremony and reception look absolutely beautiful, and I am VERY thankful for that! I highly recommend this location to anyone who is looking for a modern/rustic feel, and wants top of the line services and amenities. Kudos to Laurie and her team for making the day so amazing for my husband and I!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Katie S

My husband and I were married at Irongate on July 16, 2016. We had a fantastic experience with Irongate! Laurie was our contact from the very beginning and helped us throughout the entire wedding planning process. We had our ceremony outside in the courtyard. It's located under... Read More the trees in natural shade and the weather wasn't too hot - even for July. The venue itself is gorgeous and so many of our guests were awed at the beauty and uniqueness of Irongate. The venue is huge and there are so many ways you can personalize the space - Laurie had lots of great ideas and suggestions. I think my favorite thing about Irongate was the service. Throughout the entire wedding day I was STRESS FREE!! If anyone asked me a question or told me about something needing to be done my immediate response was, "Ask Laurie!" I knew that I was in good hands and she would make sure everything was taken care of. The entire staff was so helpful and thoughtful adding in small details that really made a difference. For example, we used a Fisherman's Knot as our unity ritual and they found a way to include the knot at our sweetheart table. You can tell that the Irongate staff love their jobs and go out of their way to make sure your day is perfect. I would highly recommend Irongate as your wedding venue - you won't regret it!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Bianca W

My recent wedding on July 30th at Irongate was exceptionally beautiful, perfect! There are not enough words to explain how wonderful everything was. April was amazing! She was there day or night a text or call away. Anything I needed she had the answer. I could not have asked... Read More for anyone more perfectly dedicated to her job. Everything was so flawlessly taken care of I never had to lift a finger or stress about anything the day of the wedding. It was truly wonderful to just get to hangout and get ready stress free! At one point in the day it began to pour and we were concerned we would have to have our wedding inside. About forty five minutes before the wedding it finally let up and the crew busted their butts to set everything back up. Everything from beginning to end was flawlessly taken care of! There is no other place in the world I would have wanted to have our wedding. It was a beautiful fairytale of a day.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Amanda M

I couldn't have picked a better venue to have my wedding at. From the minute we drove up for our first tour, I knew it was going to be the place. It's absolutely beautiful inside and out, and was the only more "rustic" place I could find that would fit our total guest count!... Read More Lori was our consultant and was so helpful throughout the entire process and always answered my millions of emails pretty much immediately. The day of the wedding was perfect. The staff was incredible and went above and beyond to make sure the evening ran smoothly. For example, our caterer (don't ever hire Route 62 BBQ catering) ran out of food and the Irongate staff took it upon themselves to buy and shred rotisserie chickens and purchase pizza as a late night snack just to make sure everyone was properly fed. The best part is that my husband and I didn't even know about any of this until the very end of the night after it had all been resolved. That's just how on top of things the Irongate staff is. Thank you Lori and everyone else who made our wedding day incredible!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Emily P

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Irongate and their staff is! The venue is breath taking and the staff is extraordinary! Everything went perfect and I know that was because of the amazing staff. I highly recommend Irongate to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Angela S

I can't begin to tell you how glad we are we held our wedding at Irongate. From the very first meeting with Lori, to the day of the event with April and Jade, and the rest of the staff, we were SO THRILLED with how everything turned out! April was our day-of coordinator and she... Read More had excellent communication skills (which is so important!). She was so personable and wonderful I felt like she was family by the end of the process. Irongate was so accommodating. They let us build the wedding of our dreams (including having my husband's professional skydiving team land on their property!) and took care of every detail. They set up, they clean up, they make sure you have a drink in your hand and a smile on your face. They even brought our stuff out and loaded it in our car at the end of a very long day! They were polite to everybody, while making sure we all remained safe and happy. Nearly every guest was in awe of how beautiful the venue was! Get married outside in the courtyard if the weather is nice. The trees provide shade and the breeze through there is perfect. Our wedding day felt like a fairy tale. The best part is since there is so much natural beauty already there, you don't need to worry about a crazy amount of decorations. Irongate may be more expensive than some other venues around town. But if you want a stress free wedding that will amaze your guests, there is no place like it. You won't be sorry! Thank you so much to the amazing team at Irongate! You will forever be a part of our story!