Irongate Equestrian and Event Center

Croton, OH

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Irongate Equestrian and Event Center

A BALLROOM IN CROTON, OH

The Irongate Equestrian and Event Center rests in 150 acres of rolling countryside and offers plenty of venue space in a world-class equestrian training facility. Situated 30 miles from Downtown Columbus and 10 miles from New Albany, this rustic wedding venue can accommodate between 50 and 1,600 guests for a reception. In addition to offering a 40,000 square-foot barn, the Irongate Equestrian and Event Center sits on a backdrop of green pastures and is surrounded by horses. For couples seeking a countryside wedding, it's an idyllic venue.

The Irongate Equestrian Center allows happy couples to enjoy both intimate and large occasions. While the barn holds hundreds of guests, balconies for more personal moments and photo opportunities are available. An array of indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception arenas are available.

Complete with rustic beams and champagne drapes that reach from floor to ceiling, the indoor main arena is ideal for a charming country wedding. Thanks to the neutral décor, happy couples can build on the interior to develop a theme that suits their tastes.

Surrounded by streams and pastures, the outdoor bridge is a winning setting for a nature-inspired wedding. Guests make their way to the ceremony across a bridge made from wood and stone.

Featuring trees that reach delicately over the ceremony area, the outdoor pasture is a great option for those seeking an ethereal wedding with the sunlight peeking through the branches. Newlyweds-to-be and their guests can enjoy taking part in their nuptials on a soft bed of grass.

This arena can accommodate between 50 and 900 guests, giving couples plenty of flexibility when making their wedding plans. Champagne colored drapes are featured throughout the venue.

When combined with a tent or marquee, the outdoor pasture is perfect for a farm-themed wedding. Depending on the size of the tent, couples can arrange a reception for any number of guests.

Couples who want an intimate reception can utilize the cozy space available on the outdoor bridge. In addition to presenting enough space for a seated reception, it comes with a countryside backdrop that's peaceful and relaxing.

Couples arranging their wedding and reception at the Irongate Equestrian and Event Center need to place a 50 percent deposit to secure their date. When cancelling more than 180 days before the event, couples receive a full refund. Those who cancel between 179 and 90 days before the event receive a 50 percent refund, and those who cancel with 89 days or less must pay the full amount for all agreed rental and service charges.

Those getting married at the Irongate Equestrian and Event Center can use all licensed caterers, but must pay an 18 percent service charge for equipment. The venue offers a list of approved caterers when couples make a booking. Event coordinators are assigned to couples when they make their booking, and there's an option to receive a tour of the venue prior to beginning any plans. This one-of-a-kind facility offers various amenities to make the wedding day easier, including free Internet access and suites for the bride and groom to get ready in.

Thanks to the variety of wedding and reception venues on offer, achieving a specific theme is effortless at the Irongate Equestrian and Event Center. Rental rates include basic centerpieces, consultants and access to a bridal suite. Other exciting perks include the following:

• Balconies for photo opportunities
  • Dance floors
  • Uplighting
  • Sound facilities
  • Bonfires and portable s'mores stations
  • Horse-drawn carriage rides
  • Bride and groom arriving to the ceremony and reception on horseback
  • Helicopter arrivals and departures
  • Shuttle services to and from hotels for guests
  • Horse riding lessons and shows
  • Outdoor cocktail ceremonies
  • Bathroom amenity packs

Luxury Rustic Barn Wedding Venue near Columbus OH

Irongate is an Award Winning, Full Service Wedding and Event Venue located just 30 miles from Downtown Columbus and only 10 miles from New Albany. Call one of Event Specialists to set up your personalized tour today.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

12298 Croton Road, Croton, OH (740) 893-8001

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Natalie J

Irongate Equestrian Center was the perfect venue for my wedding. I wanted a rustic barn-feel that was still chic, romantic, and unique. It is wonderful for an outdoor ceremony, and my guests continue to tell me it was the most beautiful ceremony they have seen! I was eased... Read More because they have a complete back-up plan and indoor space in case poor weather hit on the day-of. The land is so picturesque; my photographer had so many photo ideas because everywhere we went was a gorgeous background. Laurie was my event coordinator, and she did a fabulous job accommodating my needs from everything to planning up to the day, setting up beforehand, leading the rehearsal, and getting things done during the wedding so I could be carefree! She was personable and fun, but also professional and someone I could count on. She and her staff handled all the tiny details and honestly made it the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Cortney S

My name is Cortney and I got married at Irongate 5 days ago!! August 27th.. I'm still on cloud nine about how special my day was! I can't say enough about this place... The venue, the staff, the service, the grounds... It is outstanding!! It is breathtakingly beautiful inside... Read More and out! Laurie went above and beyond to make my day perfect. We had our ceremony and reception there, and it was absolutely perfect! The organization and flow of it all was great, which made it not stressful for me at all! This venue is a hidden gem for sure.. Driving up and seeing what's hidden back off the road in the middle of now where, your jaw will drop that's for sure!! Totally worth it. It was a hot day for us, but they kept it cool and comfortable. It also started to rain when it was time to do some photos outside... but the venue is so huge and gorgeous everywhere we found plenty of places to sneak some pictures in! So many cool areas. We had our own private bridal floor!!! The second floor was all mine and my girls! The third floor was for my groom and his guys. Plenty of space to get ready and just relax. My husband also went to the shooting range Irongate has as well. He loved it!!! They all did! It was such a unique and cool place for them to go and chill and hang out together!! The boys did that while the girls were getting ready :) I can't wait to see the photos of the guys there. I can't wait to see all of our photos! ( which were done by Tynicole photo) I could go on and on about this place. I picked everything out and when I got there it was all set up and blew my expectations away! It was my dream wedding 100%!!! I can't thank them all enough!! Thank you Laurie and Irongate!!!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Kara G

We could not have asked for a better venue! The setting was gorgeous and the staff was incredible. Laurie went above and beyond to ensure that our day went off without a hitch! She even walked around with my niece and nephew showing them all of the animals to keep them in good... Read More sprints while photos were being taken. I can't say how valuable that was! We are so happy that we chose irongate!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Amy K

Irongate Equestrian Center definitely deserves 5 stars! What a gorgeous venue! Our wedding was in late September and we had perfect weather. We were married on the bridge and it was STUNNING. So many of our guests commented on how unique and beautiful the setting was. In... Read More addition, the staff went above and beyond to make sure our dreams & vision came to life. April was our event manager and she was enthusiastic and had so many great ideas! She executed my vision to perfection. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our day went smoothly, especially Jade. They are professionals and I did not have a single worry the entire evening. I want to thank the staff members that worked our wedding - we are so grateful! Booking a venue that is both gorgeous and has a staff that is so accommodating and friendly was our best decision during wedding planning. We love Irongate!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Krista B

I cannot say enough great things about this venue. April and her team went above and beyond to make my special day stress free. From the beginning of the day our whole bridal party was absolutely pampered. Whether it was a delicious mimosa for the ladies or beers for the boys... Read More they catered to us. The ceremony was beautiful and April and her wonderful staff did an amazing job at keeping everything organized and flowing smoothly. We didn't have to worry about anything but smiling and enjoying the day. We were always informed of where we were supposed to be and when to make sure everything went perfectly. Even down to the smallest of things such as having a drink were taken care of for us by the amazing staff. We never had to grab one ourselves they were always one step ahead, which is probably the reason we were able to speak to everyone. The night was a blast and everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was. We didn't need many decorations due to the venue already being naturally beautiful and having its own charm. Overall it was a wonderful experience with Irongate and their experienced staff. This place will always hold a special place in our heart for making our wedding day as flawless as it could be.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Amanda R

Irongate is one of the most beautiful places to get married indoors or outdoors. There are many options to choose from to accommodate your vision of your special day! The staff was professional and friendly! They made the day run smoothly. The venue is gorgeous for any size of a... Read More wedding! I highly recommend this venue for both the wedding ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Halli L

We loved working with Laurie and the staff! Our day was beyond perfect and everyone at Irongate helped make that possible despite a terrible thunderstorm that blew up! Everyone was super helpful and made sure that everything was taken care of and in order, so we never had to... Read More worry. I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride and groom!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kendra B

We got married at Irongate on October 14, and we still cannot believe that that was our wedding. Everything was an absolute fairytale! We worked with April from the beginning and she was amazing to work with. Throughout the entire process she would always make sure our vision... Read More was coming to life while offering her experience to make sure things ran as smoothly as possible. The day of she and the rest of the team were continuously checking in to make sure we were doing alright and if we had any questions. We are still getting texts and calls about how perfect our wedding was and how beautiful the venue was. I would highly recommend Irongate to any engaged couple!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Haley C

We had our wedding at Irongate on 9.3.16 and are still receiving so much feedback from our guests as to how amazing our wedding day was. Laurie and her team go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for the big day. The grounds were beautiful , and everything went... Read More so smoothly- I know this is because of the expertise and professionalism of the Irongate staff. Throughout the entire planning process, Laurie was always available for any questions we had, even accommodating my weird work schedule to make sure we could meet in person. One aspect I wanted to point out that is extremely important to me: I am NOT good at decorating, nor do I care about small details. The decorations I brought we minimal. Laurie and her team added SO many extra touches to the decorations that I didn't even think about that made the ceremony and reception look absolutely beautiful, and I am VERY thankful for that! I highly recommend this location to anyone who is looking for a modern/rustic feel, and wants top of the line services and amenities. Kudos to Laurie and her team for making the day so amazing for my husband and I!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Katie S

My husband and I were married at Irongate on July 16, 2016. We had a fantastic experience with Irongate! Laurie was our contact from the very beginning and helped us throughout the entire wedding planning process. We had our ceremony outside in the courtyard. It's located under... Read More the trees in natural shade and the weather wasn't too hot - even for July. The venue itself is gorgeous and so many of our guests were awed at the beauty and uniqueness of Irongate. The venue is huge and there are so many ways you can personalize the space - Laurie had lots of great ideas and suggestions. I think my favorite thing about Irongate was the service. Throughout the entire wedding day I was STRESS FREE!! If anyone asked me a question or told me about something needing to be done my immediate response was, "Ask Laurie!" I knew that I was in good hands and she would make sure everything was taken care of. The entire staff was so helpful and thoughtful adding in small details that really made a difference. For example, we used a Fisherman's Knot as our unity ritual and they found a way to include the knot at our sweetheart table. You can tell that the Irongate staff love their jobs and go out of their way to make sure your day is perfect. I would highly recommend Irongate as your wedding venue - you won't regret it!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Bianca W

My recent wedding on July 30th at Irongate was exceptionally beautiful, perfect! There are not enough words to explain how wonderful everything was. April was amazing! She was there day or night a text or call away. Anything I needed she had the answer. I could not have asked... Read More for anyone more perfectly dedicated to her job. Everything was so flawlessly taken care of I never had to lift a finger or stress about anything the day of the wedding. It was truly wonderful to just get to hangout and get ready stress free! At one point in the day it began to pour and we were concerned we would have to have our wedding inside. About forty five minutes before the wedding it finally let up and the crew busted their butts to set everything back up. Everything from beginning to end was flawlessly taken care of! There is no other place in the world I would have wanted to have our wedding. It was a beautiful fairytale of a day.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Amanda M

I couldn't have picked a better venue to have my wedding at. From the minute we drove up for our first tour, I knew it was going to be the place. It's absolutely beautiful inside and out, and was the only more "rustic" place I could find that would fit our total guest count!... Read More Lori was our consultant and was so helpful throughout the entire process and always answered my millions of emails pretty much immediately. The day of the wedding was perfect. The staff was incredible and went above and beyond to make sure the evening ran smoothly. For example, our caterer (don't ever hire Route 62 BBQ catering) ran out of food and the Irongate staff took it upon themselves to buy and shred rotisserie chickens and purchase pizza as a late night snack just to make sure everyone was properly fed. The best part is that my husband and I didn't even know about any of this until the very end of the night after it had all been resolved. That's just how on top of things the Irongate staff is. Thank you Lori and everyone else who made our wedding day incredible!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Emily P

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Irongate and their staff is! The venue is breath taking and the staff is extraordinary! Everything went perfect and I know that was because of the amazing staff. I highly recommend Irongate to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Angela S

I can't begin to tell you how glad we are we held our wedding at Irongate. From the very first meeting with Lori, to the day of the event with April and Jade, and the rest of the staff, we were SO THRILLED with how everything turned out! April was our day-of coordinator and she... Read More had excellent communication skills (which is so important!). She was so personable and wonderful I felt like she was family by the end of the process. Irongate was so accommodating. They let us build the wedding of our dreams (including having my husband's professional skydiving team land on their property!) and took care of every detail. They set up, they clean up, they make sure you have a drink in your hand and a smile on your face. They even brought our stuff out and loaded it in our car at the end of a very long day! They were polite to everybody, while making sure we all remained safe and happy. Nearly every guest was in awe of how beautiful the venue was! Get married outside in the courtyard if the weather is nice. The trees provide shade and the breeze through there is perfect. Our wedding day felt like a fairy tale. The best part is since there is so much natural beauty already there, you don't need to worry about a crazy amount of decorations. Irongate may be more expensive than some other venues around town. But if you want a stress free wedding that will amaze your guests, there is no place like it. You won't be sorry! Thank you so much to the amazing team at Irongate! You will forever be a part of our story!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Danielle G

This venue made my wedding an absolute fairytale. The photos aren't touched up to make it look better; it's actually that incredible. Laurie was so patient and helpful with everything, and she does so much to make sure you are happy on your day. I will say that it is pricey, but... Read More there is a lot included. Definitely think about how much you are willing to spend and how much you want things like set up and cleanup taken care of for you, which is what this venue does. I love this place so much, I'm actually sad I really won't have a reason to have an event out here again.

Reviewed on 1/19/2016

One of a kind place, one of a kind experience. I just want to say thank you again for the amazing experience that Bill and I had at our wedding at Irongate on August, 29, 2015. It has been almost 5 months since our wedding and reception and I am still receiving compliments... Read More from friends and family on the extraordinary experience that everyone had at your venue. From the first time I communicated with Laurie and Rita, the first time we came to see the venue in person, to the day I came to meet Westyn, the day of our wedding and even the week after when I can to pick up the decorations, I had a remarkable experience with the event planners, event staff, and grounds keepers. The first time coming to visit Irongate put butterflies in my stomach that have never left. Driving up Croton Road and seeing the tops of the spires on the barn over the field was exciting but it did not compare to driving through the gate and up the lane and seeing the barn in all of it's beauty. I grew up on a horse farm and I love that "country" feel that Irongate provides. I will never forget the first impression of arriving at your venue. The aesthetics of the grounds are remarkable as well as functional and I hope, for the sake of all future country brides, that you are able to keep it just the way it is. I have always had a picture in my head about my wedding and how all of the small details would be executed. I am a very detail oriented person with high expectations for all of those around me. Your facility and staff far exceeded my expectations as well as those of my new husband and mother (who are very, very hard to impress and I believe my mom stated this in her (also) 5-star review below!). The level of professionalism shown by all the of event staff, the amazing and honest support and outstanding ideas from Laurie and Rita were truly exceptional. The bartenders friendless and the events staff's receptiveness to anything that was needed was beyond compare. I don't think one of my guests had to open a door for themselves the entire night! I also would like to say a personal thank you to Mark for his patience and kindness when he and Westyn waited for Bill and I to finish our pictures (in the rain!) before Bill led Westyn and I down the perfect country lane to the venue to be announced as bride and groom. You could not have been more gracious and accommodating. Thank you so much for making that moment as magical as it could possibly be. Westyn is an amazing animal and I am so thankful that you provide the option to use him for events. I wish you and your venue and staff the best of luck in the future. I am so thankful that I found Irongate for our wedding, it is such an amazing and unique venue that made my wedding everything I have ever wanted. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Dr. Allison Mester Feest

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kristen M

I can't say enough amazing things about Iron Gate and the staff. Not only is it an absolutely gorgeous venue the staff is unparalleled. They went above and beyond for not only myself, my husband and our bridal party, but our guests as well. We are still hearing stories about how... Read More amazing Rita and Lori were throughout the ceremony and reception with our guests. When my hair and makeup artist didn't show up the day of the wedding they were on the phone with people and trying to call in all of their resources to help me out. They went above and beyond to make sure my day was great in spite of this huge hurdle. I didn't have to worry about a thing all day and that's simply one of the beat feelings as a bride. I can't recommend it say enough good things about Iron Gate. Top notch, first class, all the way! Thank you for everything!

Exceeded ALL Expectations

Reviewed on 9/03/2015

Our daughter recently had her wedding and reception At Irongate Equestrian Center. We tend to have high expectations for many things and rarely have the opportunity to say these words: Everything at Irongate Equestrian Center far exceeded all of our expectations! Every little... Read More girl loves horses. We have horses at our home that our daughter rode and showed for many years. This venue was the absolute perfect place for her wedding ceremony and reception. The event planners, Laurie and Rita, could not have been more wonderful! They are true professionals who attended to our every need. They were helpful, courteous, kind, respectful and every other nice word you can think of. Rita even helped us retrieve belongings on Sunday. The other event staff was very attentive and friendly. The grounds are lovely and maintained perfectly. Most of our guests arrived via shuttle. There was ample space for driving, loading and unloading of guests. Those guests that drove their own vehicles had spacious parking that was easily accessible and free of congestion. I have been getting messages from guests who are also saying how grand the wedding was. One guest said the grounds are so beautiful she felt as if she was driving up to the white house! Others are using words such as amazing, incredible, awesome and so on. Our word would be MAGICAL! Our daughter surprised all of us by arriving to the reception atop of a beautiful black horse being led by her husband. What an amazing addition to the perfect day. I understand that Mark, the venue owner, stood patiently in the rain with the horse while pictures were taken. Our daughter said she truly appreciated how flexible Mark, Rita's dad and Rita were during the session with the horse. I have never experienced an event owner who was so personally attentive to his guests. This venue is outstanding!. They are wonderful people there and it is evident they you love their jobs.

Beautiful location great service!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Vanessa E

We looked at other locations because of budget restraints. The all inclusivness of the location made it a good deal. First off you get two excellent wedding planners. You get a handful of workers that are very respectful and hard working. The location is breath taking. They do... Read More have horses at this location so there is a horse smell and flies but they are not overpowering the staff try to keep both in check. (They fogged the barn the night before our wedding so we had minimal flies) They have recently added air conditioning which is a perk in the summer. All of our guest commented on the beauty of the location. The pastures with the white fences. We got married on the bridge that is over a large creek and looks into the woods. The staff was very proficient at keeping on schedule. They commuticated through 2 way radio with ear pieces that kept all the workers and vendors on the same page. The only downfall of this location is that it is far from civilation (which is part of the appeal) The closest hotel is a 15 minute drive. I would definatly recommend this location to anyone who is looking for a large event center.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015

I reviewed this venue and enjoyed Iron gate very much. I guess the knot chooses which opinions they post. I will continue to recommend Iron gate to all as I can't stop raving about the staff and what a special evening we had.

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Ruth B

I was at an event last month and was very impressed with the venue. It is beautiful and very unique! The grounds were beautiful, I felt like I wasn't in Columbus! The food was delicious, and I loved the ambiance. So happy we have something like this. I just recommended... Read More Irongate to a friend who's looking for a venue! Thanks for a fabulous evening!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Kathryn R

I recently attended a reception here and was truly impressed. The venue is absolutely beautiful! The staff who worked the event were so wonderful and attentive. The facilities event coordinator attended to every need and detail of the bride. I would highly recommend this... Read More facility.

Sadly Disappointed Couple

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Nick P

I feel compelled to write this review as I would want to let future brides know about how my experience was with the owner and management here. I was greatly disappointed with how we were treated by Mark, the owner, the weekend of my wedding as well as after. My husband and I,... Read More as well as our families are so disappointed with the owner and management here. Not only did we feel terrible about how were treated by Mark, but additionally by the manager Laurie. Things really spiraled when we expressed a handful of concerns about the appearance of the grounds the day before the wedding while we were setting up. This led to a very heated exchange between Mark and us, but I couldn’t believe how we were treated nor spoken to by him (which should never be repeated). When Mark showed up on Saturday we felt he was hostile and provoking one of us in an attempt to throw us out. I also felt that Laurie had an attitude all day like she did not want to be there. If it hadn't been for my caterer, Scott, my bridal party and I would have had no direction. We felt extremely unwelcome all weekend long, and were so disheartened by the experience. My concerns were Irongate’s dirty and falling down fence, there was dirt scattered all over the entrance to the bridge where I was holding my ceremony, there were weeds in the flowerbeds, and there were bird droppings all over the front steps and porch. More so than that, they hadn’t leveled off the sand and spray roundup to kill the weeds in their "extra" parking space! My husband and his groomsmen had to visit a nearby farmer to borrow shovels, brooms, blowers, etc. and busted their tails the day of my wedding to clean the place up. What is so upsetting about this is we had been promised by Laurie that the place would look AMAZING by the day of the wedding. To make matters worse- I was told I could have my ceremony on the bridge and it would be beautiful; however, Mark was adamant the day before my wedding that a ceremony on the bridge would NEVER work and it would look terrible....NOW they are using MY ceremony on the bridge for their promotions?!?!?! Mark also wrote the following in an email to me: "Understand every event here regardless of the overall look you want accomplished is a reflection of Irongate. We ARE A HIGHER END FACILITY and we pride ourselves on that"- yet, at rehearsal Friday night he told us REPEATEDLY that this was a WORKING FARM and it could not look perfect like we expected. My standard of HIGH END is on the opposite spectrum of WORKING FARM, but, I suppose I am crazy for expecting a spotless venue, perfectly manicured and clean, when I was told it was HIGH END. This is also the first HIGH END venue I've ever been to that had dead flies everywhere, and many flies around our food display. I just feel there is a lot of room for improvement from the grounds to management at Irongate and I would have wanted to know that going into a contract with them. In response to Mark in his comment to my review: He (you) had AMPLE opportunity to PERSONALLY apologize to us and you CHOSE not to- that again displays how Unprofessional you have been through this process. As for everything else, we will always know how we were treated, and our friends were witness to that. If you are so apologetic, as an honorable and professional man you would have PERSONALLY apologized and made this right- we are still waiting.

2015-07-10T12:43:07 Response from the vendor

First and foremost, I do want to congratulate you on your marriage and wish you a prosperous future. Second, I want to apologize for any issues you experienced leading up to your special day. At Irongate, our goal is to provide the most memorable and... Read Less Read More