Where your stories become historic...

A unique and cherished piece of Southern history. Originally built in 1838 by Roswell King, the Mill was destroyed during the Civil War but rebuilt in 1882. We are proud to have been a part of bringing the Mill back to life in 1991 as a special events facility, a perfect place to make history of you

Ballroom, Historic Venue

85 Mill St , Roswell, GA (770) 518-9220
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Alexandra I

Ivy Hall did such an incredible job! I did my ceremony and reception here and everything was so seamless. We got 30 minutes for our ceremony, but only used 10 minutes so we were fairly early to start everything else. We had a ceremony planner and coordinator, an event captain,... Read More and a reception coordinator. Everything went off with out a hitch!! the food was tremendous and most of it we had them make gluten free. They did a great job making sure everything was labeled with gluten free markers. The team and staff were all so friendly and helpful.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Anne K

Ivy Hall was absolutely wonderful! I invited 260 guests to our wedding, and there are very few reception venues in Roswell that can accommodate such a large number of people and still not feel cramped. The design of the space is elegant, but not stuffy. I had to bring in very... Read More little decor because the room was naturally so beautiful. It was wonderful to use a reception venue that provided in-house catering. They provided food, beverages, tables, chairs, linens, AND all china/silverware. This allowed me to focus my time and attention to other details, like flowers and photographers. Speaking of which, they also gave me a list of preferred vendors! I selected a florist and DJ they recommended, and both were fantastic! Leading up to the wedding, Linda worked with me side-by-side. She answered every email (always within a 24 hour period), and continually encouraged me to ask questions. We met a month prior to my event and she had already prepared a timeline. She communicated with my DJ, my photographer, my videographer, the bakery, and my florist leading up to the wedding. She let me drop off all of my decor pieces when it was convenient for my schedule (a godsend the week of), and she even made sure to have a six pack of my groom's favorite beer that they didn't have on their menu! When we arrived for our reception, we were immediately greeted with drinks and appetizers. When we sat down to eat dinner, the wait staff already had our dinner ready so we could sit back and relax. I never had to worry about timeline because Linda was keeping up with all logistical details. They even boxed up all of the gifts and cards so my family didn't have to worry at the end of the night. I would HIGHLY recommend Ivy Hall.

My dream reception!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Tammy

From the first time I walked into Ivy Hall I knew it was exactly what I had envisioned! It had the perfect blend of southern-elegance that I was looking for. Linda was absolutely amazing to work with! She made me feel like I was her only client. She responded to all of my... Read More emails and phone calls immediately and was so accommodating with all of our requests. When I walked into Ivy Hall at my reception, it literally took my breath away. I couldn't have dreamed that it would all come together as beautifully as it did. On the night of my wedding, Rosie ensured we had everything we needed and that things were on schedule. Thank you Linda and Ivy Hall for making my wedding dream come true!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Camila R

We had our wedding reception on 9/30/2017 at Ivy Hall and it was fantastic. The space is amazing with the wood and windows and large enough to accommodate a big party (we had about 200 guests come). The food was delicious too, it was a huge plus that Ivy Hall makes their own... Read More food in house so it is served fresh! My point of contact was Linda and I cannot say enough good things about her! She would always respond to my emails, normally within 24 hours, and really did as much as she could to accommodate all of my requests- and I definitely had a lot of them! It should be noted that this venue is basically an all inclusive venue and a historical one at that. This means that they do have a specific image/feel they want stick to: most of their decor and furniture are permanent (we wanted to bring in chivari rental chairs), they like to do things in a very particular way (their floor plan is not very flexible, setting the tables with silverware/water is an extra cost), and they are very strict on how much time you have to set up (2 hours) and break down (1 hour) everything. In the end, these things were all details that no one noticed and it definitely did not detract from the actual event! This venue is not a "blank canvas" where everything is customizable which may frustrate some brides, but April and her team know what they are doing when it comes to coordinating a great event. We had one hell of a party and we are very happy with the way everything turned out!

Reviewed on 12/23/2017 Ally R

First, I will start by saying they did a wonderful job on our wedding day. Everything went off without a hitch, and the staff was responsive, easy to work with, and professional. The venue itself is beautiful, and they have a wonderful outside patio space that can be used for a... Read More cocktail hour (weather permitting). We had the opportunity to use the space, and it was perfect for the guest overflow. The views of the river are absolutely beautiful and a great place to take pictures (the bridge is also amazing for that). The pricing for alcohol packages is very reasonable, and the food was very good--we heard our guests enjoyed it too! We were able to extend the reception time (they usually stop around 9:30 for 6:30 starts), but we paid for an extension to 10:30, which they agreed to do for us without issue. They also have a variety of linens to choose from beyond the traditional cream, white, and black, so be sure to ask about the selection! The only constructive things I have to offer are that that there are some things that were not 100% clear when we began working with them-- 1) The space is advertised that it can fit 250-275. It can--but that would mean using the upstairs and downstairs and separating the guests, which we definitely didn't want to do. We were fortunate to have 90% of the guests we invited RSVP yes, so we had to come up with a creative solution for seating. They ended up allowing us to do a clear tent off the side of the main floor with extra tables in it. It was heated and well-lit, and the guests that sat there said it was just fine, although I do wish we could've fit everyone comfortably in the same room. 2)They do catering in house (the food is very good!) but they do not do personal tastings--there will be a reception where they invite everyone who is having catered events based on a seasonal menu. 3)My family is big on good wine selection, and although we asked a few times prior to the day of the event, it was only about a week before that they let us know we could, indeed, ship in some of our own wine. My dad was a bit frustrated, because he didn't have enough time at that point to ship in the wines he originally wanted to provide. 4) Since the space is mostly wood (which is one of the reasons we liked it!) just be cognizant of the noise with bands--we knew we would have to be careful about where we sat our more elderly guests when we made the arrangements due to the noise level, so we weren't worried about it, but just keep that in mind if that's something you want to consider. 5) As it is a historic building, the only bathrooms are downstairs. If you have guests with mobility issues, this may be a problem for you. There is a ramp along the side (outside); however you need to go all the way outside and around to use it. Our guests were able to manage without issue, but it's something good to keep in mind. 6) Parking and Buses--not really something negative, just something to keep in mind: there is limited parking (uber is your guests' best friend!) and if you have any large buses, it is a challenge to get in and out (which we anticipated). Make sure you have a boss of a bus driver (ours was with Buckhead Coach and absolutely amazing) to get in and out, or just be ok with having any larger transports park a little bit outside of the entrance. Wasn't a huge issue for us, but something to be aware of. All in all, it was a wonderful reception and we were very happy with the way it turned out.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Kati R

Linda was great to work with and the ceremony and reception went off without a hitch! The venue itself is gorgeous and they provide you with a day of wedding coordinator for the ceremony and reception which was great! Everyone at Events Catering was helpful during the planning... Read More process and I would definitely recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Jenny L

Beautiful venue and wonderful experience!! April and Linda were super nice and easy to work with! Everyone was extremely professional and knowledgeable. They have wedding planning and execution down to a science!! They even went out of their way to make sure my husband had his... Read More favorite beer (a rare craft beer) served at the rehearsal. When I walked into the venue on my wedding day, it was exactly how I had imagined it!! It was so refreshing to work with people who really care about creating your vision and go out of their way to make you feel special! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue!! I could not be happier :) Thank you, Ivy Hall!!!

Beautiful and Classic

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Kate A

We loved having our reception at Ivy Hall! Our assigned wedding coordinator was extremely helpful and great to work with! We had so many compliments from our guests about the venue itself as well as the food!!! It was a perfect blend of rustic, classic, and formal - all rolled... Read More into one!

Ivy Hall

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Morgan H

Ivy Hall was the most perfect wedding venue! Enjoyed working with Linda and staff. The atmosphere for our October wedding was unbeatable and the food was delicious! I would highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Brittany W

Everyone at Ivy Hall and Events Catering is fabulous. Planning my day was so stress free because of them and the actual day went perfect because we were there. From set up to food to service to EVERYTHING, they allowed my day to be fabulous and for that I will forever be... Read More thankful.

A Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 7/19/2014 Corrine M

My daughter's wedding ceremony and reception were held at Ivy Hall. The staff were wonderful! From the initial planning to the final minutes of the reception, everything went smoothly and was handled in a most professional manner. They thought of every detail and were there... Read More with whatever we needed every time we turned around. Colleen and Linda were so helpful and patient with us. We had about 140 people, four stations of food, open bar and ceremony at the venue. The only reason I gave them four stars is because I was unaware that the only bathrooms in Ivy Hall were downstairs. We had several older people at the wedding and this did prove to be a hardship for them. Also, the ceremony and cocktails were downstairs and the ramp that is recommended for people who can't walk stairs is very precarious. It's an historic building so they can't just put in an elevator but I would recommend that they look at some way to accommodate people who are unable to navigate stairs. It was a beautiful day and everything went so smoothly! I highly recommend the venue, just be aware of the stair situation.

Best day!

Reviewed on 5/20/2014 Janna C

I had such a wonderful experience at Ivy Hall! The day was exactly what I wanted and was run seamlessly by the venue. The food was great and the venue looked beautiful.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Leeanne S

Ivy Hall was the perfect venue for our wedding. The scenery was beautiful and the staff went above and beyond to help in anyway they could. The captain at the reception was extraordinarily helpful in making it the perfect night. I would definitely recommend this venue.

Absolutely Wonderful

Reviewed on 5/02/2013 Jamie H

The people at Ivy Hall were wonderful to work with. I have a food allergy and they were able to modify the dinner to meet my needs while still providing my guests with an elegant meal.

Our Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Ashley S

My husband and I had the most perfect wedding on September 15th at Ivy Hall. Events Catering staff are so professional and helped us have the best experience at our wedding. The venue is gorgeous and was a perfect fit for us. The staff made sure everything ran smoothly and took... Read More care of everything we ask. I would highly recommend looking into having your event here. The food was amazing! I had nothing but great reviews from our family and friends.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Kendra H

I used Ivy Hall at Roswell Mill for both my ceremony and my reception and had an absolutely perfect wedding day! The setting was perfect for pictures, with their beautiful covered bridge. It was so nice to have everything taken care of without the stress of setting everything up... Read More for the ceremony. They were very professional throughout the entire process and we had a wedding coordinator for the day of the wedding.

Awesome Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Anna H

Ivy Hall was a wonderful place for my reception. They took care of all the little details to make my reception wonderful. Ivy hall is such a beautiful building. We were catered to the entire night which was great. The food was excellant. People are still talking about how... Read More beautiful everything was.

Gorgeous venue

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 lindsay o

I got as many compliments on the venue as I did on my dress. Ivy Hall is gorgeous with wood floors and virtually any kind of decor. It has tons of windows and feels wide open.

Great place!

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Kalyn G

I had my wedding here in September. They did a great job pulling together everything I wanted. Everything went very smoothly and we had no problems. The food tasted wonderful! The staff was always friendly and willing to answer any questions we had. I would highly recommend this... Read More venue.

Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 9/07/2011 alison m

My wedding took place on the backdeck at Ivy Hall. The site was beautiful and the staff was friendly. It rained right up until it was time for the guests to arrive and the staff did a great job getting everything cleaned and dried so we could still proceed outside. The... Read More upstairs and downstairs rooms were made available to the guests to stay cool and dry before the wedding, which was very helpful. The staff was also very attentive to the bride and groom throughout the day. The only negative was that we weren't allowed into site as early as we wanted, and it made our picture time before and after the wedding a little rushed. But, overall we had a lovely time and I'm glad we chose Ivy Hall to host our wedding.

Ivy Hall

Reviewed on 1/11/2011 Katie M

Linda and April did such a great job helping me plan the wedding and making sure everything was set-up perfectly for the day-of. I didn't even need a wedding planner. The food was amazing and everyone told me that

Exactly what I wanted

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Kelly W

After searching all over Atlanta for the perfect venue, we FINALLY saw Roswell Mill. As soon as we walked in we knew this was the place for our ceremony and reception. Everyone is still talking about how good the food was. The quality and quantity was perfect. The staff was... Read More ready to take care of anything you needed. 2 issues: 1. We were not allowed onto the site early enough to get pictures at the covered bridge (down a hill by the river). 2. They ran out of Miller Light...my grooms drink of choice. Other than that, it was a great success, and the scene is beautiful in photos.

April Huntsman Bloomer

After 35 years in the events business, I've seen it, been there and done it-and yet I still cry at weddings. Weddings are personal, each one is unique and they are supposed to be fun. We ensure it. We opened the company with these beliefs and we hold them dear. I love details, timelines, efficiency, adding personal details to parties, pretty flowers and chocolate. We are a family-owned business. My husband Craig and I opened Events Catering in 1987. With the help of excellent staff and hard work, we now have a successful business that provides joyful memories to our wonderful clients.