J & L Catering

Congratulations on your engagement! J & L Catering understands that this is one of the most important days of your lives. We will assist you in every way possible, from building a personalized menu using the freshest ingredients to a free tasting. Call us at 617-852-7127 today for more information!

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Kosher, Vegetarian

Buffet, Servers, Food + Catering

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

112 Main Street, Medway, MA (617) 852-7127

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Rebecca V

From the very first conversation, John was extremely professional, friendly, and fun! He quickly got us in for a free tasting (which was delicious) where he made us feel like we were eating in a 5-star restaurant but with a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Having checked out other... Read More caterers, we knew immediately during the J&L tasting that we wanted to use them for our wedding. John and Laurel's communication was top notch leading up to the wedding. They made sure we were comfortable with the menu and helped us not only cater to folks with food allergies and dietary restrictions, but also for a number of our guests who were keeping kosher for Passover (which is not an easy thing to cater for). During the wedding, John and his staff were organized and friendly. John was really conscientious about checking in with us and making sure we were getting food and were happy with how things were going. He was also amazing about catering to those with food restrictions (whose food we tasted too and were incredible) and making sure that they all got their food in a timely manner. We were really happy with our wedding menu, and many of our guests mentioned that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! Please feel free to message us for any specifics on our experience, but we wholeheartedly recommend J&L to cater for your event or wedding!

2017-06-28T10:06:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you, and congratulations again!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Ricky R

My wife Dawn and I used J&l catering on 10/10/15 for our wedding. I don't even know where to begin on expressing how great they were. The food was exceptional and everyone raved about it. The executive chef and owner, John went above and beyond for my wife and I. Service was... Read More great and the buffet set up was beautiful. Thank you so much john, Laurel, and j & l's staff for making our big day amazing and stress free! If you have any event you need catered I highly recommend these guys! You would be regretting your decision if you decided to use a different company. Once again thank you J & l catering for being a part of our special day! We will definitely be using you again in the future! Ricky and Dawn Robidoux

Foodie Favorite!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

Let me start by saying that John is awesome! He really cares about making your day what you want it to be. We were working on a tight budget but we have seriously high standards for the food we eat and serve. My husband went to culinary school and I'm a life-long cook and... Read More we both love good food. So when I say it's hard to please me, I'm not kidding. And John found this out the hard way at our tasting. The food he served me was a bit on the sweeter side and I'm much more of a savory person, so he wasn't getting a lot of positive responses from me. To his credit, he saw that and started talking to me about how he could adjust the recipes and recommending other, more savory options from his menu. We put together something that we both agreed would work and on the day of the wedding, it did - in spades! I LOVED the food - every bit of it that he served and I got TONS of compliments on it from the guests - many of whom were either professional cooks or foodies as well. And best of all, it was all gluten-free (other than the rolls) so I knew it was safe for all of my friends to eat. We had the Portobello Napoleons, the Garlic Steak Tips, the (modified) Spiced pecans and cranberry salad with cherry balsamic dressing, the cheesy cauliflower casserole, and the roasted root vegetables. Make sure you get his special red pepper butter too. YUM! P.S. If you're working on a budget like we were, ask him about bringing your own appetizers to save some cash. He made the suggestion to us and it saved us tons of money.

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Lindsay R

John and his team were exceptional. I couldn't have asked for a better caterer for our wedding. From first contact until days after the wedding, John's communication and service was above and beyond most vendors. He even helped me find a new reception location when our first one... Read More fell through! We went with a BBQ style buffet and our guests absolutely loved it. It was affordable and so many of our guests remarked on how great the food and service was! I highly recommend J&L catering for your wedding or any event - big or small!

2018-01-08T12:56:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you, too. We wish you a happy life together and congratulations again!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Mikala B

Great service and food

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Laurie T

We can’t say enough about John and his team! The food, service and presentation were beyond our expectations! We received so many compliments from our guests- he truly made our rehearsal dinner perfect. We look forward to using them at our next event!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Jessica D

John is the most professional and the most pleasant. It was an absolute joy to work with him. He listened to our requests and created the perfect menu for our wedding. His pricing was completely fair and he was very transparent about costs. We sincerely appreciated that. On the... Read More day of the wedding, I was not worried because I had faith that John and his staff would come through and they most certainly did. Our guests complimented his staff as well as the food. Even our vegetarian friends were impressed with their meals which was important to us. Considering wedding planning can be so stressful, it was refreshing to work with someone who did not stress us out. Thank you, John!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Kelly A

My husband and I are so happy we chose J&L to cater our wedding. After enjoying a tasting with John, we knew that the food would be delicious and plenty. From what our guests told us, we were right. John and his staff were very attentive and professional during the reception. It... Read More felt so nice to know that the catering was in such capable hands. It was one less thing to worry about! We highly recommend J&L Catering!

2017-10-30T08:48:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kelly! It was a pleasure serving you on your special day. We at J & L Catering wish you the best!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Jenny I

John was excellent to work with! Even though we had unusual restrictions from our wedding venue, John designed and delivered a perfect menu! His food is delicious and his advice is honest and invaluable. We also had a few vegan guests at our wedding, and John took the challenge... Read More in stride. We had rave reviews about the food. He made sure we (bride and groom) got a chance to eat. We can't thank him enough!

2017-10-02T09:43:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you, too!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Amanda G

John and his crew were wonderful at my wedding!! From the first conversation with John, he was professional and very responsive. Just through speaking to him I wanted to hire him but once we had the initial (free!) tasting I knew he was the best! The food was outstanding and he... Read More even made a little meal for my 2 year old son during our tasting as well! The night of the wedding was just perfect and I think I might have hugged John a couple times before it was over! Thank you SO much for making my wedding perfect! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

2017-10-02T09:43:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We wish you the best!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Nikki A

J&L catering is absolutely amazing! I got married two weeks ago on June 3rd and people are still talking about how amazing the food was. My husband and I decided we wanted to do a BBQ buffet and when we found and tried J&L we knew right away we had to pick them for our big day.... Read More John and his staff are absolutely amazing and even accomadated my vegetarian and vegan wedding guests with delicious options. If you want the best caterer out there then go with J&L!

2017-06-28T10:05:54 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Pam P

J & L catered my daughters bridal shower and from the first time I spoke with John (the owner) on the phone I knew I made the right choice. We talked on the phone 2 times before the event, and also met at the venue to go over the set up and answer any questions I had. He... Read More really heard my vision, and together we made it a success. I decided on a brunch with an omelette station along with lots of other delicious breakfast food, the guests raved about how delicious it was and how beautiful all the food was displayed. His staff was very professional and friendly. I would not hesitate to have J & L Catering for my next event!

2017-04-25T06:52:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you, too, and congratulations again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brittany R

It was such a pleasure working with John and Laurel when planning our wedding this past year. They were professional, responded to emails in a timely manner, and helped us deal with some unexpected issues with our venue without it costing us an extra arm and a leg. We loved... Read More how many options were available to choose from to create a unique and custom wedding menu. The day of the event, the food service went smoothly. The staff was professional and friendly and we received many compliments on the service. The food was delicious, they were able to quickly serve salad and entrees to help us maximize our time on the dance floor, and the food came out hot and fresh. Though we barely had time to eat, what we did try was the same quality (if not better) than what we tried at the tasting. We would absolutely recommend J&L Catering, by far the highest quality catering you will get for a very reasonable price.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Gina R

John was the bomb-dot-com. People stumbled out of their food comas after dinner service to tell me how amazing it was. I'm pretty sure that anyone who was wearing pants had to undo their top button after their 3rd plate of grub. It was THAT GOOD. John was always quick to... Read More respond, offered his professional advice, but in the end let us do whatever we wanted. That's my kind of flexible. 11/10 would nosh again.

2016-10-21T14:49:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this great review! I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed yourselves so much they had to expand their waistline!:) We wish you the best!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016

The food, display and service was everything I had hoped for. My guest could not stop raving about how good the food was, especially the steak tips. The vegetables were fresh, cooked and seasoned to perfection. The fruit display used during cocktail hour beautifully presented.... Read More The staff went above and beyond their duties and I would highly recommend J&L for all catering needs.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Kelsey H

John was AMAZING!!!!! He did exactly what we wanted and was very conscious of the allergies we had. his food was absolutely delicious! we were so happy we got to take left overs home!!

2016-09-26T09:30:51 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you enjoyed yourselves at your wedding (and the leftovers:). Thank you for your kind words, and we wish you the best!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Randy B

John and Laurel were great! From the tasting to our special day, they helped make it a great day... By help, I mean made us a plate and made us sit down and eat! They are fantastic!

2016-09-08T09:19:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy you ate and enjoyed yourselves. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Alexandra D

John was amazing ! The food was beyond delicious and he accommodated all our needs . He was extremely patient with our multiple menu changes! Would highly recommend him!

2016-09-08T09:20:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this review! We are thrilled you enjoyed our food and service, and wish you the best. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

We had a terrific experience working with J and L Catering. I was impressed with how communicative John was from the beginning and continued to be so throughout all of our interactions. He easily understood what we wanted for our wedding and was attentive to each detail along... Read More the way. He made a fresh and delicious meal for our summer wedding. It was a relief and a delight to have our wedding meal in his very capable hands.

2016-09-08T09:22:06 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you were thrilled with our food and service. We truly strive to make sure you are comfortable with us and how your day is going to go from the beginning. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and renew our wedding vows. I had contacted about 3 caterers in the area and they couldn't accommodate my request. I contacted J&L and we were able to get the ball rolling right away. John provided me with a... Read More customized menu for our special day. The day of the event they showed up on time with SMILES. John is so attentive and kind which made this experience so easy for me. Via email and in person!! My guest loved the food, loved loved loved the food!!!!!!! I will hire him again in a heartbeat!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Leah S

We had nearly 300 people at our wedding / reception. Our experience with J & L went smoothly and was perfect from beginning to end! We would highly recommend them! Thank you so much John, Lauren, Julie and the entire staff at J & L for helping to make our night the best... Read More ever!

2016-09-08T09:23:04 Response from the vendor

What a great wedding with a different menu, great dancing and a lovely couple! We wish you the best!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Sophie K

J & L Catering was fantastic! John was such a pleasure to work with, and people were very happy with the food on the day of the wedding, as were we (at least for the few minutes we got to taste it!). They were very affordable without sacrificing quality, and John was so... Read More accommodating of various needs and requests. I would highly recommend working with J & L if you are getting married in the Boston area!

2016-06-07T11:04:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was wonderful working with you, too! I loved creating a menu that reflected you and your wedding. We wish you the best!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Sheri F

John is absolutely amazing. He catered our wedding 4/2/16. The food and his staff were phenomenal. Our guest raved about how good the food was. We did the clamake and everything was perfect. I have had guests ask for his contact info for events they have coming up. I... Read More highly recommend J & L catering.... I will never be able to say enough nice things about them...

2016-06-07T11:08:33 Response from the vendor

We really appreciate your kind words! It was fantastic being a part of your incredible day!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

My wife and I, along with our guests, couldn't have been more impressed with dinner and service provided by John. The food was not only delicious, but perfectly customized for the autumn season. John is a seasoned professional, who provided not only delicious fare, but warm... Read More hospitality as well. If you have room left in the belly, ask for the bread pudding. Go with John and go with J&L, you won't be disappointed. Regards, Marybeth and Andrew U.

2015-11-03T10:35:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Andrew and Marybeth, for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you, too!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

I guess if there is one word I would use to describe J&L catering (other than "delicious"), it would be "easy." John was very responsive (at all stages of the process), easy to work with, able to accommodate various dietary issues. He was on time, organized, and very... Read More professional, as were his staff. I had a brunch buffet wedding, and all the food was really good. One of my friends made the cake and J&L cut it up for me, without charging a cake cutting fee. John also had helpful recommendations for linens and tableware. For me, I think the biggest thing was their flexibility - I had an outdoor ceremony/indoor reception on a not exactly warm day. I asked John if they could have coffee and pastry ready for immediately after the ceremony, and they were able to make that happen - I think it really made the experience a lot nicer for my guests to come inside and have a hot drink.

John Boardman

Executive Chef & Owner John Boardman has over 20 years of culinary experience. After he earned his formal culinary degree, John worked for upscale restaurants and has catered for Harvard University. In addition, John worked for Legal Seafoods, Inc., where he was a founding chef of their multi-million dollar catering division. John has also had the honor of cooking under the direction of Julia Child and Jasper White. Over the years, John has catered events for thousands of happy clients, including Former President Bill Clinton. Guests have enjoyed the unique flavors and attention to detail.