J & L Catering

Congratulations on your engagement! J & L Catering understands that this is one of the most important days of your lives. We will assist you in every way possible, from building a personalized menu using the freshest ingredients to a free tasting. Call us at 617-852-7127 today for more information!

Cuisine

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Kosher, Vegetarian

Buffet, Servers, Food + Catering

112 Main Street, Medway, MA (617) 852-7127

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Rebecca V

From the very first conversation, John was extremely professional, friendly, and fun! He quickly got us in for a free tasting (which was delicious) where he made us feel like we were eating in a 5-star restaurant but with a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Having checked out other... Read More caterers, we knew immediately during the J&L tasting that we wanted to use them for our wedding. John and Laurel's communication was top notch leading up to the wedding. They made sure we were comfortable with the menu and helped us not only cater to folks with food allergies and dietary restrictions, but also for a number of our guests who were keeping kosher for Passover (which is not an easy thing to cater for). During the wedding, John and his staff were organized and friendly. John was really conscientious about checking in with us and making sure we were getting food and were happy with how things were going. He was also amazing about catering to those with food restrictions (whose food we tasted too and were incredible) and making sure that they all got their food in a timely manner. We were really happy with our wedding menu, and many of our guests mentioned that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! Please feel free to message us for any specifics on our experience, but we wholeheartedly recommend J&L to cater for your event or wedding!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Ricky R

My wife Dawn and I used J&l catering on 10/10/15 for our wedding. I don't even know where to begin on expressing how great they were. The food was exceptional and everyone raved about it. The executive chef and owner, John went above and beyond for my wife and I. Service was... Read More great and the buffet set up was beautiful. Thank you so much john, Laurel, and j & l's staff for making our big day amazing and stress free! If you have any event you need catered I highly recommend these guys! You would be regretting your decision if you decided to use a different company. Once again thank you J & l catering for being a part of our special day! We will definitely be using you again in the future! Ricky and Dawn Robidoux

Foodie Favorite!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

Let me start by saying that John is awesome! He really cares about making your day what you want it to be. We were working on a tight budget but we have seriously high standards for the food we eat and serve. My husband went to culinary school and I'm a life-long cook and... Read More we both love good food. So when I say it's hard to please me, I'm not kidding. And John found this out the hard way at our tasting. The food he served me was a bit on the sweeter side and I'm much more of a savory person, so he wasn't getting a lot of positive responses from me. To his credit, he saw that and started talking to me about how he could adjust the recipes and recommending other, more savory options from his menu. We put together something that we both agreed would work and on the day of the wedding, it did - in spades! I LOVED the food - every bit of it that he served and I got TONS of compliments on it from the guests - many of whom were either professional cooks or foodies as well. And best of all, it was all gluten-free (other than the rolls) so I knew it was safe for all of my friends to eat. We had the Portobello Napoleons, the Garlic Steak Tips, the (modified) Spiced pecans and cranberry salad with cherry balsamic dressing, the cheesy cauliflower casserole, and the roasted root vegetables. Make sure you get his special red pepper butter too. YUM! P.S. If you're working on a budget like we were, ask him about bringing your own appetizers to save some cash. He made the suggestion to us and it saved us tons of money.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Nikki D

J&L catering is absolutely amazing! I got married two weeks ago on June 3rd and people are still talking about how amazing the food was. My husband and I decided we wanted to do a BBQ buffet and when we found and tried J&L we knew right away we had to pick them for our big day.... Read More John and his staff are absolutely amazing and even accomadated my vegetarian and vegan wedding guests with delicious options. If you want the best caterer out there then go with J&L!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Pam P

J & L catered my daughters bridal shower and from the first time I spoke with John (the owner) on the phone I knew I made the right choice. We talked on the phone 2 times before the event, and also met at the venue to go over the set up and answer any questions I had. He... Read More really heard my vision, and together we made it a success. I decided on a brunch with an omelette station along with lots of other delicious breakfast food, the guests raved about how delicious it was and how beautiful all the food was displayed. His staff was very professional and friendly. I would not hesitate to have J & L Catering for my next event!

2017-04-25T06:52:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you, too, and congratulations again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brittany R

It was such a pleasure working with John and Laurel when planning our wedding this past year. They were professional, responded to emails in a timely manner, and helped us deal with some unexpected issues with our venue without it costing us an extra arm and a leg. We loved... Read More how many options were available to choose from to create a unique and custom wedding menu. The day of the event, the food service went smoothly. The staff was professional and friendly and we received many compliments on the service. The food was delicious, they were able to quickly serve salad and entrees to help us maximize our time on the dance floor, and the food came out hot and fresh. Though we barely had time to eat, what we did try was the same quality (if not better) than what we tried at the tasting. We would absolutely recommend J&L Catering, by far the highest quality catering you will get for a very reasonable price.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Gina R

John was the bomb-dot-com. People stumbled out of their food comas after dinner service to tell me how amazing it was. I'm pretty sure that anyone who was wearing pants had to undo their top button after their 3rd plate of grub. It was THAT GOOD. John was always quick to... Read More respond, offered his professional advice, but in the end let us do whatever we wanted. That's my kind of flexible. 11/10 would nosh again.

2016-10-21T14:49:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this great review! I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed yourselves so much they had to expand their waistline!:) We wish you the best!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016

The food, display and service was everything I had hoped for. My guest could not stop raving about how good the food was, especially the steak tips. The vegetables were fresh, cooked and seasoned to perfection. The fruit display used during cocktail hour beautifully presented.... Read More The staff went above and beyond their duties and I would highly recommend J&L for all catering needs.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Kelsey H

John was AMAZING!!!!! He did exactly what we wanted and was very conscious of the allergies we had. his food was absolutely delicious! we were so happy we got to take left overs home!!

2016-09-26T09:30:51 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you enjoyed yourselves at your wedding (and the leftovers:). Thank you for your kind words, and we wish you the best!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Randy B

John and Laurel were great! From the tasting to our special day, they helped make it a great day... By help, I mean made us a plate and made us sit down and eat! They are fantastic!

2016-09-08T09:19:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy you ate and enjoyed yourselves. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Alexandra D

John was amazing ! The food was beyond delicious and he accommodated all our needs . He was extremely patient with our multiple menu changes! Would highly recommend him!

2016-09-08T09:20:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this review! We are thrilled you enjoyed our food and service, and wish you the best. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

We had a terrific experience working with J and L Catering. I was impressed with how communicative John was from the beginning and continued to be so throughout all of our interactions. He easily understood what we wanted for our wedding and was attentive to each detail along... Read More the way. He made a fresh and delicious meal for our summer wedding. It was a relief and a delight to have our wedding meal in his very capable hands.

2016-09-08T09:22:06 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you were thrilled with our food and service. We truly strive to make sure you are comfortable with us and how your day is going to go from the beginning. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and renew our wedding vows. I had contacted about 3 caterers in the area and they couldn't accommodate my request. I contacted J&L and we were able to get the ball rolling right away. John provided me with a... Read More customized menu for our special day. The day of the event they showed up on time with SMILES. John is so attentive and kind which made this experience so easy for me. Via email and in person!! My guest loved the food, loved loved loved the food!!!!!!! I will hire him again in a heartbeat!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Leah S

We had nearly 300 people at our wedding / reception. Our experience with J & L went smoothly and was perfect from beginning to end! We would highly recommend them! Thank you so much John, Lauren, Julie and the entire staff at J & L for helping to make our night the best... Read More ever!

2016-09-08T09:23:04 Response from the vendor

What a great wedding with a different menu, great dancing and a lovely couple! We wish you the best!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Sophie K

J & L Catering was fantastic! John was such a pleasure to work with, and people were very happy with the food on the day of the wedding, as were we (at least for the few minutes we got to taste it!). They were very affordable without sacrificing quality, and John was so... Read More accommodating of various needs and requests. I would highly recommend working with J & L if you are getting married in the Boston area!

2016-06-07T11:04:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was wonderful working with you, too! I loved creating a menu that reflected you and your wedding. We wish you the best!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Sheri F

John is absolutely amazing. He catered our wedding 4/2/16. The food and his staff were phenomenal. Our guest raved about how good the food was. We did the clamake and everything was perfect. I have had guests ask for his contact info for events they have coming up. I... Read More highly recommend J & L catering.... I will never be able to say enough nice things about them...

2016-06-07T11:08:33 Response from the vendor

We really appreciate your kind words! It was fantastic being a part of your incredible day!

Delicious

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

My wife and I, along with our guests, couldn't have been more impressed with dinner and service provided by John. The food was not only delicious, but perfectly customized for the autumn season. John is a seasoned professional, who provided not only delicious fare, but warm... Read More hospitality as well. If you have room left in the belly, ask for the bread pudding. Go with John and go with J&L, you won't be disappointed. Regards, Marybeth and Andrew U.

2015-11-03T10:35:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Andrew and Marybeth, for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you, too!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

I guess if there is one word I would use to describe J&L catering (other than "delicious"), it would be "easy." John was very responsive (at all stages of the process), easy to work with, able to accommodate various dietary issues. He was on time, organized, and very... Read More professional, as were his staff. I had a brunch buffet wedding, and all the food was really good. One of my friends made the cake and J&L cut it up for me, without charging a cake cutting fee. John also had helpful recommendations for linens and tableware. For me, I think the biggest thing was their flexibility - I had an outdoor ceremony/indoor reception on a not exactly warm day. I asked John if they could have coffee and pastry ready for immediately after the ceremony, and they were able to make that happen - I think it really made the experience a lot nicer for my guests to come inside and have a hot drink.

J&L Catering

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Kathy R

My son was married on 10/10/2015 and used J&L Catering. The food was amazing, the staff was very pleasant and professional. As the mother of the groom you can imagine how pleased I was to hear our guests rave about the food! John and Laurel (the owners) not only made sure... Read More things went smoothly, they actually did extra things for us that was not there responsibility!! If you want a beautiful buffet with fresh greens and flowers, delicious food and wonderful people then hire J&L you won't regret it!! Thank you J&L Catering for a wonderful day!! Kathy Robidoux

Fantastic Caterers!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015

We recently celebrated a 25 year anniversary and used J & L Catering for our outdoor event with 45 guests. From the first point of contact the customer service was excellent! They were amazingly responsive and flexible during the planning stage. We are so pleased and more than... Read More satisfied with the way the event went - from their prompt arrival and setup, great service, and delicious food! We did not expect their beautiful buffet table display and received many comments from our guests on that. I've had several requests from friends and family for their name and will definitely find another reason to use J & L Catering again - they made the day so easy and pleasant!

Backyard Wedding Caterer

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Bekah

John was fantastic! We had a very strict budget and he was the only caterer to come in under budget, with a lot of food. We spoke several times on the phone and he worked with me to ensure that the food for my wedding was perfect, and it certainly was. Everything was... Read More delicious, most importantly. Everything arrived as promised, on time and in the appropriate containers with heating instructions. I received so many compliments on both his professionalism and the food itself, I have no doubt that he was the best caterer I could have hired.

2015-08-14T20:19:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was great working with you, too and congratulations again!

Great Clambake Anniversary Party

Reviewed on 8/12/2015

J & L Catering provided the food,service and decorations for our 45th wedding anniversary held outside under a tent in Charlestown, RI. We had 50 guests. Our guests raved about the food, so fresh and well cooked. Laurel and John were great to work with. When we emailed... Read More them about details they got back to us the same day. They adhered to all timelines and checked with us frequently during the party to make sure we were still good with the times. They also were sensitive to the wellbeing of the lobsters. When a female was found with multiple eggs,they allowed one of our guests to return it to the ocean so the baby lobsters could be born there. They brought extras in case there were any changes to numbers. They left us with the leftovers which we so enjoyed the next day i.e.. lobster salad and mussels. They/the staff were unobtrusive but always available and handled everything flawlessly. Kudos J & L!

Clambake

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 karen t

We had the rehearsal party for my son and daughter-in-law and had a clambake for over 50 people at our home. It was wonderful!! J & L Catering did an awesome job. They provided everything and had it set up with a coastal theme that was really nice. Everyone raved about the... Read More food - lobsters, chicken, clam chowder (delicious), hot dogs, corn on the cob, salad and fruit for dessert. They even clean up and take the trash! I recommend them highly. It was a great event!!!

2015-08-12T09:16:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words and for including J & L Catering in your special day. It was great to work with you, too!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/13/2015

I spent an entire day trying to find the perfect caterer for my small wedding on July 3rd. Most responses were "We're sorry, but on a holiday weekend we have a 150 person minimum," and those that were willing to cater to 50 people just didn't seem very knowledgeable or... Read More enthusiastic. When I called John at J&L Catering, however, he instantly made me feel as if my wedding and my desires were the most important thing. He was excited to be able to be a part of our wedding and was extremely helpful. Not only did he prepare absolutely delicious food and bring a wonderful wait staff, but he ran the entire reception. He worked with the DJ, the photographer, and the bartender to ensure that everyone was on the same page, moving at the same pace, and providing my husband and I with exactly what we wanted. I could not have asked for a better caterer and my reception would not have been as successful as it was if it were not for John. THANK YOU J&L Catering for a perfect wedding day!

2015-07-13T10:39:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you, too! Congratulations again!

Excellent experience!!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Joyce-Marie G

J&L catering was fantastic. They were very easy to work with and incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. The day of the wedding brought the usual issues (and more) and they handled everything independently to ensure that we had the wedding we hoped for, which we... Read More absolutely did. Would definitely recommend John and his team to anyone!

2015-07-13T10:43:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you, too!