Beautiful Catering & Delicious Service

Have a wonderful experience with your wedding caterer! J. Scott Catering has been inspiring confidence in couples for 20 years. Feel the innovation, creativity and safety by knowing your visions and imaginations will turn into the most special, delicious and unique celebration of your lives.

Cuisine

Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

189 Pennsylvania Avenue, Malvern, PA greater Philadelphia area (610) 725-9420
INSTAGRAM

Another Amazing Job by J Scott Catering

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Cynthia M

This was the second wedding we have used J. Scott for the catering. Both times the food was excellent. We received many compliments from our guests. This wedding was a buffet and the display of the food for the wedding "barbecue" was incredible, not your typical display. The... Read More staff was also very accommodating when the morning of the event we decided to move the ceremony inside due to the heat. They flipped the room during cocktails. I would highly recommend J. Scott for a wedding or any other event.

Wonderful service Great food

Reviewed on 4/07/2013 doris v

This group catered to every detail.The food is excellent and the staff is exceptionally tote rive. They could foresee needs of the guests, communicated effectively throughout the reception for 150guests. At the end of the event everything was packed and ready to go, safe and... Read More secure. Scott is true to his word knows the business and delivers! Great experience.

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 Danica F

J Scott Catering did a phenominal job for our wedding 9/28. Everything was managed so well from beginning to end, there was not one detail that was overlooked. The owner Scott even came to meet me the day before the event without me asking!! Such an upstanding company.... Read More Customer service was excellent, responsiveness was excellent, I would have been okay paying twice as much - their service was that good!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Bess K

J. Scott Catering did a wonderful job for my daughter's wedding. They were extremely accommodating to any request that was made. We had several people that were vegetarians, including the bride, guests that were gluten free and guests that were dairy free. J. Scott even... Read More prepared a special meal for a guest that was gluten free, dairy free and did not eat meat. The food was delicious and I am still receiving compliments on all aspects of the meal. Everything is fresh and they make everything that is served. During our tasting, I commented on how delicious the caesar dressing was on the salad and asked where they got it from. The dressing , of course, was made by J Scott. Alicia, the wedding planner and coordinator for J Scott, was excellent and very accessible. She dealt with all of our requests and helped us in many ways. The ceremony site and the reception site was set up just as we requested. This caterer is an excellent choice for any event that you want to hold!!

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Bernadette D

Our venue, The Radnor Hunt, exclusively uses J. Scott for its catering of special events. This was actually fantastic because we had one less decision to make for our wedding, and I knew that J. Scott was known for its quality catering. Working with Alicia C. throughout the... Read More process was wonderful. She was extremely responsive and went back and forth with me on several menu decisions without any sense of annoyance! She even helped us problem solve our appetizer course. The tasting experience made us feel special and like they were focused on making sure our day was perfect. They incorporated our feedback into their day-of details. Additionally, Alicia willingly let us come back later and change our linen decisions after we'd already spent a lot of time reviewing that detail. Day of, everything looked beautiful and even better the food tasted delicious! Our guests were very pleased with the choices we had made and you could tell there was a steady stream of appetizers during cocktail hour. Alicia was very attentive to our needs on the day of and even made sure we were given one last cocktail when the bar closed since we were on the dance floor! J.Scott and Alicia were very accommodating to our schedule since we were planning our wedding out of town, and they made it really easy to work with them. I would recommend them again to those using the venue or considering an event on the Main Line.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Jordan K

We were thrilled with the service and quality provided by J Scott for our wedding at the Phoenixville Foundry. Rachel was our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely spectacular in handling all the little details that go into planning the perfect party. Rachel made it easy to... Read More keep us organized. As the day approached, not only was she available via email, phone, or text, but she provided spreadsheets and a list of dates for us to maintain. On the actual day, Rachel and the staff made us feel like royalty, never coming off as intrusive, but always making sure the bride, groom, and guests had everything they wanted. J Scott is one of the exclusive caterers of the Foundry, so they have experience dealing with the in's and out's of the venue, hitting on all the small details to make our day perfect. We were somewhat particular in what we wanted and J Scott not only listened, but delivered. We requested extra large shrimp, and we had at least 30 guests tell us that they were the biggest shrimp they had ever seen. Our guests raved about the quality and amount of food provided. The food was served promptly, in unison, and hot. Each of our tables were served by 5 servers who placed the plates down in unison - all tables members were served at the exact same time. Quality caterer that made our day that much better...Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Gary S

Our experience with J Scott Catering was exceptional. They helped make my daughters special wedding day in and reception in November a classy and comfortable event for 183 guests. What impressed us most was the quality of food , service and attention to detail. The flexibility... Read More and advice that Scott and Rachel gave us during the planning process was also greatly appreciated. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have met them through The Foundry in Phoenixville. They are the best!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Sarah K

We used J. Scott for our wedding in October at Radnor Hunt, and we were very happy with everything. Our coordinator, Alicia, was great to work with and very flexible and accommodating. Everything from the set up of the ceremony and reception, to the food was amazing. Our guests... Read More were still raving about how good the food was weeks after the wedding. They really made our whole day more perfect than I could have imagined, and everything went so smoothly. I would highly recommend J. Scott to anyone planning a wedding or special event!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Robin A

J. Scott provided us with an exquisite menu for our big day. Everything from the appetizers to the soup to the main courses was delicious. I can honestly say it was some of the best wedding food I have ever had. Everything was prepared fresh and was so delicious! There was not a... Read More bite of food left anywhere in our venue at the end of the night, everyone loved their dinner! The staff working with J.Scott was also amazing. Our coordinator Alicia went above and beyond while we made choices on food, linens and serving ware, and make the whole process very simple and straightforward for us. The whole staff was so responsive to emails, texts and calls, and I could not have asked for a better staff!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Kate S

We worked with J. Scott Catering for our wedding on Oct 29 2016 at Springton Manor Farm, and the food / service blew us away. We knew we were in good hands during our tasting session -- everything was extremely professional, seasonal delicious. Not only that, but the creative... Read More and versatile menu choices let us express our personality with quirky options like mini chicken 'n' waffles, Brussels sprouts, beet chips, and a few Asian flavors as well. On the day of the wedding, the food exceeded expectations -- which were set quite high after the great tasting!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Jared F

J. Scott Catering and the entire team truly knows how to cater an event! You will not be disappointment. They account for every detail, are incredibly open and attentive to your details (even the smallest requests) and they go above and beyond to make their customers happy. We... Read More had a wedding with 250 people, and everything went as planned - from the tasty appetizers, to the mouth watering dinner...the food and service was over the top! We definitely recommend choosing J. Scott for your next event - especially if it's an important one!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Maggie G

I can't even imagine how my daughter's wedding could have been more perfect. My daughter and son-in-law live overseas so much of the planning was done with Alicia via email. So many perfectly executed details and such a beautiful venue. Our guests absolutely raved about the... Read More food. With most caterers, I would be a little hesitant to order filet mignon for a large number of people. But after our tasting we were absolutely confident that J.Scott Catering could pull it off...and they did. The other entrees were equally delicious. The venue itself is beautiful and tranquil. We were so lucky to enjoy a wonderful fall day filled with lovely foliage, goats and sheep watching us from the pasture below, lawn games after the wedding and fire pits to cap off a terrific day and evening. I would absolutely recommend Springton Manor for anyone looking for an outdoor venue. They have a great back-up plan in case of inclement weather, so there was no hesitation on our part for booking late in October. Great venue, staff and service!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Samantha J

There aren't enough nice things to say about J. Scott. We got married at Springton Manor Farm, which might be the most beautiful place I have ever seen. If you are going for a barn/outdoor wedding theme, this is the only place you should look. The manor house itself is exactly... Read More how it would have looked 100 plus years ago. There are still pictures hanging on the mantels, the carpet is vintage, the bridal suite has a claw foot tub and beautiful victorian furniture. The tent is HUGE and gorgeous. It comfortably fit a massive dance floor, 10 piece band and 130 guests. While sticker shock was something we definitely experienced with this venue, especially with the market lights, it was well worth it (get the lights, they are incredible). The food was delicious and there was TONS of options to choose from when we did our tasting. Finally, our planner Rachel Brown was amazing. She was tentative, patient and answered all of our questions so quickly and thoroughly. She listened to all of my crazy DIY projects and created the most beautiful atmosphere for us. I would definitely recommend working with J. Scott.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Julia T

My fiancé and I were compelled to write a review not only for J. Scott Catering but for Spencer, our event planner. When we first saw Springton Manor we absolutely fell in love with the venue, so much so that we booked the next day! What J. Scott has to offer at that location... Read More (and others in Greater Philadelphia) is second to none. The package they offered us came very organized and laid out extremely well, giving you the option to pick and choose any additional features that allow them to make your day extra special. We were most excited for the fire pits as we planned on having an October Wedding. Unfortunately, a very peculiar circumstance arose a few weeks after we booked our Wedding with J. Scott, one which involved us having to change our date and venue. As soon as we found out about this situation we immediately called Spencer. Spencer went into action helping us anyway he possibly could. In the end we had to let them know we could not use their services any longer, which was a big letdown for us. In this instance any other company likely would have taken advantage of the circumstances without blinking an eye. Scott and Spencer contacted us right away and gave us our deposit back. We were so grateful to them for understanding our unique scenario. They truly are in this business for all the right reasons. In this day and age that is almost unheard of to receive such great customer service. Although my fiancé and I will not be using J. Scott Catering or Spencer (the best event planner there is), I would highly recommend using their services. They are nothing but true professionals and an absolute delight to work with. We hope to work with them in another capacity in the future.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Latzko L

My husband and I used J. Scott Catering for our wedding a few weeks ago. I gave them 5 stars even though they deserve 10. The food for 200 people was absolutely amazing. They took the theme I wanted and perfected it. They were able to make my Pig Roast themed wedding into a... Read More upscale feast for our guests. Rachel Brown was absolutely amazing. She handled every little detail and made my husband and I feel extremely confident that our wedding would go over without any issues, which it did. She even played the music for us for our ceremony to help us save some money with the band! The table set ups were beautiful and they had so many options to choose from. They allowed me to have a smores bar near 3 fire pits that were attended throughout the night to make sure the fire kept! We had lawn games for my guests to play at cocktail hour and all of the servers and bar tenders were wonderful. Every time my husband and I snuck away for a minute one of the staff would get us a drink or food or a chair to sit on. If you want your wedding to magical and a great memory, do yourself a favor and choose J Scott. They worked with us on budget, presentation, and our own personal touches. I absolutely loved working with them.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Tatum W

I cannot lavish enough praise on J. Scott Catering. From the very beginning, the service we received from them was unparalleled. From the tour of the venue (Radnor Hunt) to the tasting and planning meeting and finally through the day of the wedding, they made us feel so... Read More special and taken care of. Not only is their food delicious (just ask any of our guests), but their aesthetic presentation is breathtaking and elegant. They were so accommodating and supportive throughout the planning process. They truly listened to us and what we envisioned our wedding would be and they made it happen. Rachel, in particular, was amazing. She was with us the day of the wedding, and quite frankly, we don't know what we'd do without her. Even our guests noticed how helpful she was. Her positive attitude and willingness to help in any way she could made our day perfect. She is an asset to an already incredible company. We highly recommend J. Scott to anyone looking for a caterer. Our day wouldn't have been what is was without them.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Christina D

I want to send a huge thank you to Alicia, Lucy and the rest of the J. Scott Catering crew for making my wedding everything dreamed it would be! Alicia, you were right on top of every question I had along the way and made planning a wedding such a breeze! We heard from so many... Read More guests about how delicious the food was! Lucy, thank you for making sure everything went smoothly on my special day. I couldn't be happier with how beautiful and perfect everything was. Thanks a million - The new Mr. & Mrs. Joseph Ward <3

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Kristen J

Amy and the staff of J.Scott Catering were absolutely wonderful to work with for our wedding day at the Phoenixville Foundry. From the start it was obvious that Amy wanted to be a part of our day and made every effort to work with our budget and expectations. She was thorough,... Read More extremely friendly, and kept everything on task. The food was phenomenal at both the tasting and event itself. It's definitely a worry that when you do the tasting, scaling the food up won't result in the same delicious experience. That was not the case at all. The food at our reception tasted even better than I remembered, and I made sure to eat all of it!!! The servers and bartenders were so friendly and kept telling me and my new husband throughout the night how much they were enjoying working our event. Amy kept the show moving without a hitch, and I could not have asked for a better wedding. Everyone wants a perfect day, and mine was perfect times ten. I would do it all over the same way again if I had to. Thank you to Amy & J.Scott Catering for making our wedding the best night we've ever had!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Emily C

My husband and I had the best night of our lives at our wedding that was catered by J Scott Catering. We worked with Rachel throughout the duration of the wedding planning and she did an excellent job during the whole process! The food was delicious and the service was very... Read More personable. My husband has a deep love for sweet potato fries and they were able to make the exact recipe that we love. It was a great addition to our already great menu. They also have really cool napkin folds! Be sure to go with these guys!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Claire G

We had the pleasure of using J. Scott Catering for our wedding two weeks ago and we could not be happier. We had a beautiful day and they took care of all of the details! Their assigned planner assisted us and made us feel totally at ease about our vision coming together for our... Read More special day. The staff was professional and did an incredible job setting up the venue just as we imagined it would look. The appetizers and dinner was delicious and many guests came up to us to tell us how amazing the food and service was. We are so thankful that we chose to use J. Scott Catering for our wedding, it was an incredibly special day and many thanks go to the planners, supervisors, servers, chefs, and bartenders who made it all happen!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Ali B

In a word, exquisite. J. Scott catering went above and beyond for our wedding at The Phoenixville Foundry in June. From the tasting appointment with my parents and now husband (!), to back and forth decisions via email about finalizing the menu, Alicia and her team were with us... Read More every step of the way with patience, professionalism, and poise. They never faltered in the careful planning and execution of what was an absolutely perfect evening from start to finish. We haven’t stopped getting texts, emails, and phone calls from our guests of the highest compliment about the food and service they enjoyed throughout the reception. A thousand times thank you for making our wedding day as special as it was!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

We’re really happy with the service we received from J. Scott Catering for our wedding at Springton Manor Farm. Scott’s enthusiasm and genuine interest in our event when we met with him during our venue search was one of our motivations to get married at Springton Manor.... Read More Throughout our wedding planning process, Scott, Amy, and the rest of the team were responsive and accommodating -- they were unfazed when we asked if we could bring six guests to our menu tasting, and gave us all a great experience that day that we’ll remember forever! We were well taken care of throughout the evening of the wedding, with a staff member always on hand to keep our drinks full and make sure that we’d gotten a chance to taste all of our hor d'oeuvres. Our guests are still raving about the food (including the late night cheesesteaks, which were a big hit!)

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Paige Kaminski K

What a great time we had at our April 23rd wedding reception!! Everything went smoothly at Springton Manor thanks to Alicia’s attention to detail, kindness, and professionalism. From the day we started working with Alicia, she always had time for questions and recommendations... Read More … something we really valued. With Alicia’s team’s help, all of our ideas and plans were executed to perfection. We received many compliments about the food, especially the appetizers (loved the Reuben, Fish and Chips, Chicken and Waffle, and the Mac & Cheese station). The staff was great .. the servers and bartenders were very attentive. At the end of the night, everything was packed and ready to go. This was so appreciated. We were happy with our decisions to extend the reception to keep the fun going and to go with J Scott’s recommendation to not have the wooden dance floor (the cement pad looked great). J Scott could be clearer about what is included with the venue and the catering. However, J Scott resolved a minor issue in a professional manner. A beautiful venue with an exceptional caterer!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

We were thrilled with the quality and service provided by Alicia and the entire J.Scott team for our April 30 hospital gala event. We are still receiving compliments from the attendees. Everything exceeded our expectations. A job very well,done!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Michelle C

There are not enough words to describe the incredible job that Alicia and her team from J Scott Catering did for my recent wedding at The Phoenixville Foundry. From day one my fiancé, family and I were treated to fun, caring, and creative individuals who truly cared about our... Read More wants and needs for our wedding day. Everything was impeccable from the delicious food to the flow and layout of our wedding. We couldn't have ask for a more amazing day! Everyone left full and happy because of Alicia and her team J Scott Catering.