Jeff Allen's Latin & Ballroom Dance Studio

Cranston, RI

800 Oaklawn Ave., Cranston, RI (401) 331-1400

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Tory D

My future wife and I met Jeff today, and seeing as how it's Sunday and he opened the studio just for us was impressive, then you throw in his extensive list of credentials and the decision to enlist his service became easy. We have read reviews of multiple studios and... Read More instructors and Jeff by far surpassed them all. A previous review mentioned using metaphors, more like analogies, used to help us learn to dance in a way in which we can relate and understand. He is a very personable teacher and also very blunt and honest in his constructive criticism, if he dont tell you what your doing incorrectly, how will we be able to correct the problem? With Jeff, if your willing to learn, he will teach you. We can't wait for our next lesson and the one after that and then next one after that, there is no telling how many we will take, guess it depends on how good we want to be. Besides that, it's loads of fun!! See ya there! :-)

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Tory D

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Jazmynn O

He is very condescending and used unrelated metaphors throughout the entire "lesson" if you can call it that. Too much talking and not enough dancing. He is obviously very cocky, but doesn't take the time to figure out how people learn and to use that when teaching.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Malinda B

My fiance and I went to Jeff about 3 months before our wedding, and in a short amount of time Jeff choreographed a beautiful first dance for us. We danced the foxtrot, he made sure all the details from the start of the dance to the big finish was just right. Our guest loved it... Read More and best of all we had fun learning to dance together. Jeff kept the lessons fun and but always pushed us to progress. Highly recommend Jeff for anyone looking to impress their guests with their first dance.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Mariel D

My mother discovered Jeff Allen through her research and surprised me with a wedding package of 6 dance lessons for my bridal shower gift. We were not sure what we were in for but knew we wanted to make our first dance a memorable moment. Jeff Allen taught us a routine that was... Read More certainly memorable for us and our wedding guests! He thoroughly spent time with us reviewing the routine and had good ways of remembering the steps. It certainly was not easy but definitely well worth it! We made a lot of progress through 6 lessons and our moment would not have been nearly as memorable if it weren't for Jeff Allen. We would highly recommend him if you want to make sure your first dance is one to impress!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Groom D

I cannot begin to thank Jeff Allen for all that he did for my wife and I for our wedding. We came to him with absolutely no clue how to dance. We left with an awesome experience and a dance that our guests are still talking about. Jeff is not for the faint of heart. You will be... Read More pushed to work hard, but you will definitely learn the right way to dance. I highly recommend Jeff to anyone considering dance lessons for their wedding or anyone looking to just have fun dancing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sheena R

Jeff Allen(of Jeff Allen's Dance Studio) is a great dance instructor. We took lessons from him to learn a routine for our first dance at our wedding reception. It came out beautiful, and afterwards, everyone cheered and cheered😊😁. When we first started the lessons, we were... Read More awful, sure to make fools out of ourselves. But with Jeff's patience and the way he breaks everything down to simple, easy to follow steps, we looked great! On top of that, it was really fun! 🤗 Thank you Jeff, we will definitely be coming back to take a new type of dance lesson, just for fun.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

My wife and I wanted a choreographed dance routine for our September wedding and started working with Jeff in February. Jeff worked with us to create an amazing routine that fit with our song and our expectations. We originally planned to only take a few lessons, but we ended... Read More up working with Jeff for several months. Not only did he put together a great dance routine, he also worked with us on our entrance, song timing and overall presentation. Our dance was amazing and completely blew away our family and friends. We highly recommend Jeff Allen to anyone looking for dance instruction! My advice to anyone planning a wedding dance is to START EARLY and give yourself the time it takes to get it right! One of the reasons our dance was so successful is because we started early and didn’t put too much pressure on ourselves. Our first dance was the highlight of our wedding and we couldn’t be more happy with the results! Thanks Jeff!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Bethany H

Great lessons - everyone loved the moves Jeff taught us. He helped us realize a vision for our first dance that fit us and everyone at the wedding loved it!

Dancing with class

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Ilaura M

My husband and I had talked about going to dance lessons for some time. We finally pulled the trigger about a month and a half before our wedding. Jeff worked with us through our schdule conflicts and on our limited amount of time. He takes his time to show you the correct steps... Read More and also wants to help you look your best on your big day! After we did our dance on our wedding day, everyone came up to us and wanted to know where we went! We received many compliments on our dance. If you want to look good on your big day, then go see Jeff and Robin!

People are still talking about it!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014

My fiancé and I decided to take lessons to learn something fun for our first dance. Little did we know how much fun and hard work it would be! Jeff was excellent! He definitely was tough on us, but it paid off! We took group and private lessons and we practiced a lot at... Read More home. Jeff promised everyone would be "hooting and hollering" and it honestly started from the moment our dance started. People were amazed and everyone is still talking about it. We had so much fun throughout the process that we are continuing classes now! Jeff and Robin are amazing to work with!

All eyes on us!

Reviewed on 1/17/2014 Razan F

We decided to hit the wedding dance boot camp & so glad we did. We actually continued with private lessons. Jeff and his wife are great and very helpful in teaching at your skill level. We were so busy before the wedding the lessons were actually nice quality time for my... Read More fiance and I at the time. At the wedding we had a blast and our guests were watching with smiles. Very happy with the quality & service from Jeff.

we did it!

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Karen K

My husband and I went into our dance lessons knowing nothing! We brought in our CD and Jeff started us at square one.. by the end of our 5 lessons, we had an entire routine and lit up the room during our first dance!

Worth it!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Patrick R

My fiancé and I have spent an hour a week for a couple months having private lessons with Jeff and it was definitely the right decision. At the beginning, he is very detail oriented and you may think things are moving slow because of his style, but trust me, it's not. As we have... Read More progressed, we've seen how all the detail and form that we learned earlier has helped us as the dance becomes more complex. The material is harder now than in the beginning, but it's easier to learn because of his style. The private lessons are definitely the way to go for comfort and to learn the fastest. His prices are very fair if you shop around, but even more so when you realize how knowledgable he is regarding ANY style of dance. The bottom line is, we're almost done putting together a dance that is more impressive and more fun than we expected and we've done so in just a couple months with minimal lessons and little practice at home. Jeff really knows what he's talking about so it's very easy to work with him and explain whatever you're going for. I should note that neither of us have ever had any dance lessons at any age. For guys that are hesitant, get over it. I'm a blue collar worker, and ride a Harley, and even I'm really glad I won't look awkward shuffling around like I'm at prom. It's always better and more enjoyable to look like you know what you're doing, especially on your big day. And with Jeff, you will know what you're doing on the dance floor.

Great experience!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 laura r

My fiance and I had a wonderful experience with Jeff. We originally statred with Arthur Murray and after 8 lessons we were arguing and just wanted to give up all together. Thankfully we found Jeff just in time. After our first lesson my fiance was ready to dance the night... Read More away and wanted to continue. Even after only two lesson we had the confidence in our skills and ready to show off to our guests. Lessons with Jeff is the only way to go. He makes you feel comfortable and allows you to learn at your own speed. Dont waste your time with others when Jeff can work his magic for your big day!

First Dance

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Rebecca A

My fiance and I were a bit nervous while researching dance lessons. After our first lesson with Jeff, I knew that we were in the right hands. Jeff is an excellent teacher! My fiance and I both enjoy going to lessons every week!The more we practice the more confident we have... Read More become and I can honestly say I'm am so excited to show off our dance moves on our wedding day!

Dance

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Amy H

Jeff is a wealth of dance knowledge. His style is not for the thin-skinned though! We didn't go to his boot camp because we had a specific song that didn't go along with your traditional wedding dance and ended up going for so we ended up going to 6 classes and practiced... Read More hard. The more you practice, the more he can teach you.

a miracle

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Laura W

With both of us being over 6 ft tall, in the case of my husband, being closer to 7 ft tall, with huge feet and hands, we weren't exactly looking like graceful members of the Russian Ballet. With Jeff's insights especially in anatomy/physiology for me (as a PT) and sports moves... Read More for my husband (a former basketball player) he used the examples that most benefitted our backgrounds and truly made it personal. We learned a LOT, not only in making our first dance a success, to the amazement of most people, but in making us look good on the dance floor all night long, to all forms of music. Jeff challenged us, it wasn't easy for us (and I doubt for him either!) and I won't tell you it was inexpensive, but he transformed us into what we most wanted - to feel comfortable on the dance floor and ENJOY the night. You will be on display the whole night and it was so nice to have no anxiety and just have fun without looking awkward or foolish (or being worried you seem so). You will thank yourself for taking lessons with Jeff Allen, who will give excellent personalized service for your money. If you are budgeting to take dance lessons, do it right.

Excellent Dance Studio

Reviewed on 9/16/2012 Jason B

Jeff and Robin were wonderful. I have very little dance experience and I left with confidence that my fiance and I are not just going to look good at our wedding but GREAT!!! The lesson was well structured and we were provided many opportunities to ask questions and see... Read More moves multiple times. I'm a slow learner and I was able to keep up. I would highly recommend this studio to any dancer to anyone...Great job guys!!!

Well worth the time ...and money!

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Colleen G

My fiance and I took Jeff's "Wedding Dance Boot Camp", which is a four hour class session. Jeff's method of teaching was easy to understand and it was very simple to learn the basics of dancing, which is something we were never taught. We found the class valuable, and will be... Read More taking another private lesson to add some finishing touches for our dance before the wedding. I highly recommend Jeff and his wife Robin as instructors. They are excellent teachers who make you feel at ease. We now feel more confident and are looking forward to our first wedding dance together!!

Best $ spent!

Reviewed on 9/05/2012 Darlene P

My now husband and I signed up for the Wedding Boot Camp. Four hours of intense dance instruction. My husband never dances and we didn't want to do as I call it the high school shuffle. Although, he was very nervous by the end of the class we were dancing! It was one of the... Read More most romantic and intimate things we have done together. I highly suggest it. * make sure your were shoes that keeep your heel no sandals or flip flops!

Great for beginners

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Marsha G

Jeff is a great teacher and creates a really fun learning atmosphere. My fiance was not at all looking forward to taking lessons, but Jeff made it a very relaxed and non-intimidating experience that helped us tremendously in figuring out how to do our first dance in front of our... Read More guests. Pretty great considering neither of us can dance at all.

Good for Beginners

Reviewed on 8/24/2012 Jessica W

My fiance and I went to Jeff's "Ballroom Bootcamp" for 4 hours one afternoon. The clinic is definitely for those that do not know a thing about dance. We learned a slow dance (our first dance) and a little bit of hustle, which you can dance to any fast music with. If you don't... Read More have time to go to weekly lessons, this is a good compromise.

Saved Us

Reviewed on 8/24/2012 leslie o

Before Going To Dance Lessons With Jeff We Were So Nervous About Our First Dance. Thanks To Jeff We Were Amazing And It's A First Dance That We Will Always Remember. The Dance Lessons Were Fun And Relaxing.

If you don't want to do the prom-night shuffle...

Reviewed on 7/23/2012 Amanda S

this is the place for you! The four hour boot-camp is only $99 per couple, which is a bargain compared to other dance classes we looked into. My fiance is a terrible dancer and dancing at our wedding has been hanging over his head for months now. He was the one who was most... Read More eager to go and I thought I just had to follow his lead and look pretty. Boy was I wrong! It is much harder than it looks, but Jeff and his lovely wife, Robyn, walk you right through it - literally. You start learning to walk in a straight line and you end up, at the end of the class, actually dancing!! I would definitely recommend it to any couple looking to have a special first dance. Well worth the time and money. You can even add an extra hour of private lesson for next to nothing.