Jefre Bridals and Formal Wear

Green Brook, NJ

Allure Trunk Show

May 4th - 9th 2015 By Appointment Only - Please call store to schedule during Store Hours

215 US Hwy 22, Green Brook, NJ

Dress was beautiful and perfect!

Reviewed on 10/19/2010 Jennifer G

Jefre Bridals was fantastic. My seamstress, Amalia, is outstanding. She made my dress look amazing and knew all the right things to do to make everything flawless and perfect.

Perfect Day - Thanks Jefre

Reviewed on 8/31/2010 lisa s

Lois helped me pick the perfect dress before I knew it was the perfect dress. And with Rosa's alterations, I could not have been happier. She expertly added pockets to the side seam that were invisible unless I had my hands in them! The ladies were attentive when I had... Read More appointments, and timely in ordering and receiving my dress in our 6 month planning timeframe. My mom loved her dress from there too!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015

My wedding day was September 27, 2105. I ordered a dress that was delivered on September 17, 2015 to David's Bridal and when they showed me my dress we discovered they had made an error and it wasn't the dress I ordered. With my wedding being 10 days away, my back was against... Read More the wall and I knew then it would be almost impossible to find a dress that I'd be happy with and within my budget. I was so upset I ran out of Davids Bridal in tears because the staff was so rude and I didn't want to give them my business anymore. I thought my wedding was ruined. A friend knew my situation and suggested I visit Jefre Bridals. When I arrived at Jefre Bridals and told them my story, one of the workers said to me "We are not letting you leave without finding a dress for you". I had my doubts and didn't think it would be possible but she meant what she said. I did not leave empty handed! Jefre and his team made sure that I was a happy bride again. The dress was absolutely beautiful and was 10xs better than the original dress I had ordered from Davids Bridal. I can't thank them enough!!!! Jefre saved my wedding...

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

I want to thank everyone at Jefre Bridals for making my purchase of a dress for my son's wedding a wonderful experience! Charlene was a helpful, cheery sales person and Margaret did a fabulous job altering my dress!!!! I was extremely pleased and want to thank Jefre and his... Read More entire staff for their help and affection. Love you all, Natalie Rizzuto

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Nicole B

Jefre and his team at Jefre Bridals are amazing! This was the first store I went to look for a dress. Susan was so sweet and so patient with me. Unfortunately, I did not find my dream dress at Jefre but later came back with the designer and dress number of a dress I loved... Read More and Jefre was able to order it for me! They even brought out champagne for me, my mom, and 2 bridesmaids to celebrate saying yes to the dress! An appointment is a must because they are super busy (especially on weekends). My mom, mother-in-law, and all of my bridesmaids got their dresses here and we couldn’t be any more happy that we did. My only complaint would be that my bridesmaids are all very thin and when we ordered their dresses, they were ordered very big which made alterations a little difficult. The seamstress I worked with for my gown, Amalia, was outstanding! She knew exactly what to do to make the dress fit me like a glove. The staff was all so friendly and helpful each time I entered the store. They even helped me carry my veil and dress to my car the day I picked it up. The prices and service are Jefre is great!!!! I definitely recommend using this shop!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Alexandra N

Jefre Bridals is the absolute best when it comes to wedding dresses. After visiting the shop with my best friend and having her choose her dress on her first visit, I knew I had to visit Jefre Bridals first for my own. The staff was welcoming and helpful from the very first... Read More moment. They made me feel at home and reassured me when it came to choosing a dress. After trying on a number of dresses, I was a little disappointed because nothing really seemed to grab my attention. The girls at Jefre Bridal pulled a few more dresses for me to try on. The moment I tried on my dress I knew it was the one. The assistant described every detail of the dress which made me fall in love even more. As I pulled on the dress the tears just came and I knew it was the one. I even had the assistant in tears with us. After officially saying YES, we celebrated with some champagne and of course quite a few pictures. Once my dress arrived, the fittings went beautifully. The seamstress made sure that my dress fit me absolutely perfectly. She made sure that every single detail was exactly as it should be, and that I was comfortable in my dress as well. The day I finally picked up my dress, Jefre personally helped me carry it out to my car. He gave me a few more suggestions to make sure that my dress stayed perfect until the big day and congratulated me. This small shop is absolute perfection. Jefre bridal made my lifetime dream of the perfect dress come true.

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Jefre bridal was my first stop with wedding dress shopping. I went there because they had a designer I was interested in trying. Making an appointment was easy and the shop is local for me. I worked with Eliane and she was so sweet. I picked my venue first and then decided to... Read More purchase the dress based on the venue. After telling her where the wedding would be, she started pulling dresses. First dress I tried on ended up being the dress that I walked away with. They didn't rush me out of there, and were busy. My 1 hour appointment ended up being 3. They allowed me to wait for my Dad to arrive so he could see the dress. That was really nice. I was really happy with the experience at Jefre overall. They can be crass at times, but you take it with the experience. It was fun and light-hearted. Unfortunately my alterations, which started out great, turned out just ok. The Wednesday before the wedding (Sat evening) I had to go and the dress wasn't complete. Not only that but the hem was really crooked, really unacceptable. Thankfully another seamstress was able to fix it. My mother got her dress as well and they really transformed it to fit her figure. I was impressed. The extra fabric they used to make my dad a cumber bun and bow tie. Cute. Overall, good experience at Jefre.

Very disappointing experience

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Erin B

In 2011, I purchased a bridesmaid's dress from this shop. As a bride myself, I decided to use this shop for my bridesmaids dresses because I was impressed with their service and prices in the past. However, I was extremely disappointed with the quality of service this shop... Read More provided to my bridesmaids. At our first appointment (September), the salesperson shoved all three girls into one room with no privacy. The shop was very busy and we were left to fend for ourselves even though we made an appointment several weeks in advance. When the girls selected their dresses, we asked about a discount for being repeat customers and we were met with an attitude and no additional discount. They did however offer a 10% discount for ordering 3 dresses. The dresses were very expensive to begin with, so it didn't help much. One of my bridesmaids also had to pay an additional steep fee for a "plus size" dress, even though she is not plus sized in normal clothing. I later called back to confirm which dresses the girls chose, as they each picked a different style, and the person on the phone could not help me. I finally got an answer after emailing with Jefre himself for a few days. When the dresses came into the shop, I was told the girls had to come in by February to have their fittings because the shop would be too busy in March and April due to prom season. My girls were planning on losing weight and did not want to go into the shop too early to avoid multiple fittings. Each girl called separately to make a fitting appointment and they received three different answers for when they needed to be fitted by - Feb, Mar, and Apr. One was actually told that if she was planning on losing weight, she should wait to be fitted rather than coming into the shop twice while another was told that she still had to come by the beginning of February the latest (which was even before my own bridal gown fittings). This shop is more interested in high volume business than actually providing quality service to the customers they can comfortably accommodate. Additionally, one of my girls called a week in advance of her scheduled final fitting appointment to reschedule because she had a commitment at work. She asked to make an appointment at the same time as the other two bridesmaids in order to make this easiest on the shop, but she was told she could not come in any other time because they were too busy. The final fitting shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, and yet they were still inflexible and unaccommodating. If that wasn't enough, the seamstress did not listen to either of my girls requests to lower the cups in their dresses. One of the girls ended up taking out the cups all together because they were not placed correctly. I am extremely dissatisfied by the whole experience and would not recommend that any bridesmaids use this shop.

11/15/14 Wedding

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Jennifer M

I had previously purchased my dress from a different shop local to my school. Because my dress was not from Jefre's, I got grossly overcharged for my alterations, despite having purchased Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom, and 5 bridesmaids dresses and alterations. When... Read More they found out I had an 'outside gown' I was treated differently. This fits in with some of the other reviews I have read regarding their customer service. Also, the price I was quoted for alterations included hemming the dress. I never needed to hem the dress, yet the alterations price remained the same. I brought this fact to their attention and they said that the other alterations were more costly than they anticipated with attitude. Outside of this, Margaret is fantastic for alterations. Great personality. She made changes for things that she thought she could do better. Excellent quality. She takes pride in her work. My mother and mother in law loved Susan. They both are very self conscious but left the shop feeling amazing! Everyone looked great! Another gripe- they do not itemize anything on the receipt. It almost seems like the numbers are made up for the alterations. One of the bridesmaids got a lot of alterations and wasn't charged much, but another girl barely got alterations and it cost much more. No idea how it works...

Found my gown in no time!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Kristina D

I will never forget the day I walked into Jefre Bridal and came out having chosen my wedding dress. Charlene, a sales associate, was so friendly, honest, and helpful. Amalia, Jefre's oh-so-talented seamstress, made my gown fit like a glove. The owner was professional and made me... Read More feel so comfortable. I trusted him and his establishment from the beginning. My experience was emotional (in a good way), pleasant, and effortless. Thank you, Jefre Bridals, for making the stressful experience of finding the perfect gown, stressless. I highly recommend this bridal salon.

Allure Perfection

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jennifer L

I love Jefre's! I found 'my' dress at another boutique. Jefre's did not have it but they said they could order it for me no problem AND it was $400 less than the other place... SOLD. Their staff is great, so nice and helpful. Seamless process (no pun intended)

Jefre Bridal Wedding was on Oct. 11. 2014

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Pamela T

From the time we entered the shop and met Lois our salesperson until the time we picked up the gown, the service was excellent. Amalia is a wonderful person and seamstress. Lois was welcoming and so professional. I feel Jefre's prices were fair. There was more than one gown... Read More that we really liked. I would definitely go back for my other daughter's gown. Pam T You can definitely tell that the staff has been there for a long time. They were so experienced and complimentary, but gave good advice to the type of gown my daughter should get. She looked amazing.!!!

Good experience shopping, frustrating alterations

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Brianne J

During my appointment at Jefre Bridal, the salesperson was very helpful and patient, and I didn't feel at all rushed or pressured. I found my dream dress there, so it was a wonderful experience. Alterations, however, were a bit frustrating. Every time I went I was told "you... Read More lost weight!" because the dress was too big. This was absolutely true the first time, as I had lost some weight between the time I purchased the dress and my first fitting, however I didn't continue to lose weight after that. Additionally, I was kept waiting several times. At one fitting I waited 45 minutes because the bride before me arrived late, which I certainly understand but I was actually there before her! I would have thought they'd take me first and get it over with, rather than make me wait until she arrived and then had her fitting done. It just didn't make sense. Another time, I was told Jefre had me down for a 4 pm appointment, when my appointment was in fact at 5:30. He had asked if I could come earlier and I said no because I would be at work so would be unable, so seeing as I didn't even get out of work until after 4, I certainly did not make a 4 pm appointment. Because of this though, I waited once again for about half an hour. A week before my wedding I went for what was supposed to be my final fitting. It still needed to be taken in, so I came back the following week (2 days before my wedding) to pick it up. They had asked me if I wanted to just pick it up or try on first, and thankfully I said I wanted to try if before leaving the store, because it still didn't fit!! I was asked to come back that evening, which I did (what choice did I have?) however this was frustrating because not only did it not fit which is stress no bride wants just a couple of days before their wedding, but I also had to drive back to New York where I live, incurring additional cost of tolls, gas, not to mention wasted time that I would have loved to have been able to spend getting other things done so close to the wedding. When I came back that evening, the dress STILL did not fit and I was asked once again to come back. This time I said no, because I refused to have to spend more time and money on this, when it was someone else's error. I left the shop, had a bite to eat, and when I came back an hour and a half later, it finally fit. There was a different seamstress than the one I had been with at all my other fittings this last time, whose name I wish I knew, because she fixed everything and I wish I could give her the praise she deserves.

Found my Dream Dress at Jefre's

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Ali B

I found my dream dress at Jefre Bridals! The first time I went to the store, I was greeted by Elaine. When I described my dream dress to her, she said she had the perfect dress in the back. Once I tried that dress on, I knew it was the one. And it was within my budget! I tried 2... Read More more on, but nothing could beat the first one. I bought it, along with a veil that complimented the beading on my dress. I can't wait to wear it this Saturday on my big day! Thank you to everyone at Jefre Bridals! Would 100% recommend this store to all brides.

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Casey B

Everyone from Jefre himself to the seamstress made my day the best it could be. They made me feel so special and I was very pleased with everything. I have recommended them to a few of my friends who feel the same way! Thanks Jefre!

Don't go here

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Philip S

Save yourself the frustration and go elsewhere. They refuse to order a smaller size if you're between sizes and they refuse to then take the dress in. They also do not hold up to their promises. When I picked the dress up two days before the wedding, I realized they didn't do... Read More the alternations we agreed on. They refused to fix the dress and I had to take it as is.

HORRIBLE customer service!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 stephanie b

I called this shop ahead of time to make sure I could view bridal accessories without an appointment and was told it was ok. Once in the store shopping I was asked if I could be helped. One woman was very nice with helping me try out some hair pieces and jewelry. At one point... Read More she asked me if I had my bridal gown yet, and once I told her yes and she asked me where from (another store in northern NJ) she disappeared without a word and I was left on my own. I moved onto looking at sashes and belts and found something that would be perfect for my gown. Another woman had approached me to ask if I needed help at this point. I told her how interested I was in this belt and knew that they carried the same dress that I had already purchased in the store. I asked if she minded pulling the sample just so I could hold the belt against the dress to have an idea how it looked together. She flat out told me no, because they "didn't have that dress". Funny how I saw a picture of a past customer in the front of the store wearing the exact same I'm sure that was a lie. I asked her a few questions about the belt while comparing it to a photo of the dress on my phone... she gave me very quick, one worded answers, mostly consisting of "no...", things about sizing, ordering, etc. She then took the belt from me, walked into the back room WITHOUT A WORD, and disappeared...with the belt in hand! No "excuse me, I'll be right back..." or "I'm sorry, I have another client..." Just took the belt from my hand and walked away. I was in the store another 10 minutes and never saw her, or the belt again. This time, no one asked me if I needed anything. It seems that if you're not willing to drop several thousand dollars on your bridal gown in this store, then they want NOTHING to do with you, even though I was ready to spend $300 in cash on the spot in accessories. Horrible customer service!

Best Experience Ever! :)

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Jena Y

I had the absolute BEST experience ever here and am so thankful for the entire staff, especially Elaine :) She went above and beyond for me and made me feel so special and SO beautiful! Elaine truly made the process memorable and her energy was so positive and helpful! I... Read More purchased my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, and our flower girl dresses there and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Elaine and the staff are all so sweet and knowledgable and really made buying a wedding dress fun and exciting. You will not be disappointed if you go here!!! THANK YOU JEFRE BRIDAL!!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Kristin M

I tried my dress on in several shops but this was absolutely the place to buy it. From my first time in the shop the staff was great. Elaine was very helpful through my annoying bridal meltdown and inability to commit to a dress. She helped me try on all different styles until... Read More I accepted that the dress I walked in with was the one I wanted, it was even the one pictured in my fitting room! I went back several times for fittings with Amalia who is a miracle worker of a seamstress. She made adjustments to all of my requests and her work is flawless!

My First stop ... my only stop

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Sylvia C

Jefre Bridals is a small boutique with lots of choices. They helped me pick out the perfect dress for my body type at the perfect price! I love that Brides do not have to pay for alterations and bridaly party i think only pays minimally (not sure since I didn't have a bridal... Read More party). Since the first day I walked in they made me feel like I was the only one there. In order to make a bride feel like she is the only one there they can not stop and leave their brides every time someone walks in the door. You may have to wait just a couple of minutes (if someone isn't already at the counter) but if you were the bride you would appreciate your advisor not leaving your every 5 seconds. Once they greet you, it's all about you. They never made me wait past my appointment time. It was a true bridal experience! I recommend them highly!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Christina

For what should be the most wonderful day of your life, Jefre's Bridal was by far the worst experience I had when planning my wedding. I went into their store at the exact time of my dress appointment, and wasn't even greeted even though Jefre was standing near the door. When I... Read More had to approach someone to say that I had an appointment, they told me that they didn't have any fitting rooms available and that I needed to just browse and wait my turn. After waiting for over 30 minutes, I was finally "allowed" to use a fitting room, but had to wait to stand on the pedestal to see the dress on me because they were over booked and had to share their 1 pedestal with the 5 other brides that were using it. I barely had a chance to look at myself in the mirror to judge how dresses looked on me because I felt so rushed, along with having the other 5 brides' families and friends looking at me. In addition, Jefre and his staff were extremely rude and continuously pushed me along. This should have been an intimate experience with my mother and friends, and it literally was a nightmare. I ended up at Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth with the most wonderful experience and staff! When I told them about my experience at Jefre's, they said they've heard that feedback from many other brides. So beware if you attempt to go to Jefre's to find your dress!!!

My dream wedding dress!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Sarah E

Go get your wedding dress at Jefre!!!!!!! I was engaged in April and had planned for my wedding to be that October which in the wedding world is a very narrow time frame especially for the gown. My mom brought me to Jefre's the week after my engagement. They had rows upon rows... Read More of dresses! I was given my own consultant who worked with me for hours. I knew I wanted a more fitted dress, train and a corset back but that was all I knew. I also liked Maggie Sottero which they are an authorized dealer. I only ended up trying on maybe 6 dresses in total. The last dress I tried on was the one! My consultant pulled it off the hanger and I refused to try it on. I didn't think I was going to like it. But she insisted. Boy was she right! I fell in love immediately! The dress was gorgeous! I ordered my gown and was told it would come in the first week of August. My gown came in the first week of August and I live in RI so I had to go to NJ quickly so I could do my first fittings. At the time I panicked because I did not have my actual shoes for my dress. While on the phone panicking about this since I also was due for a paycheck, one of the consultants offered to take me shoe shopping when I got there and to pay for the shoes!!!!!!!! I have never been so grateful for such a sweet, soothing person ever! I ended up finding shoes before my first fitting and everything went fine. The extra mile Jefre's was willing to go to help a bride is amazing! They are wonderful with making you feel beautiful and keeping your dignity when your naked and trying on dresses. There is no other place on Earth that could have topped my wonderful experience at Jefres!

A "legacy" customer!

Reviewed on 9/06/2013 Nicole

Jefre's was the very first bridal salon I went to in my dress search, even before the semi-obligatory visit to David's Bridal. And right from the get go, they were fantastic. The woman helping me was very attentive. She let me and my mom look through dresses to find ones we... Read More liked, and after trying a few on, she went to "the back" (that ever-mysterious back of the store!) and pulled a couple more for me to try. She encouraged me to try on dresses that I wasn't sure about, just so I could see them on me and definitively rule them out. I never felt rushed. Also I was sticking to a fairly modest budget, and the consultant was able to show me a number of options that fit within our specified price point. After visiting David's and a couple more bridal salons, I ended up going with one from Jefre's. My mom even found her dress here, & on the same day I bought mine! I saw in previous reviews that some people were confused about alterations so just to clarify, all body alterations are included (minor adjustments to the neckline, taking in the body, etc), but hem & bustle are extra. Because both my mom and I were returning customers (I bought a prom dress here & my mom got her own wedding dress from Jefre in 1987!), they waived the fee for hemming both our dresses. And because I bought my dress there, they offered a 10% discount on my mom's dress, & on my bridesmaids' dresses if they chose to order from the store. (We ended up going through David's Bridal because my girls were scattered across the country and it was easier.) Like previous reviewers have said, the alterations were fantastic! I wish I remembered names so I could give all of the staff proper credit! You could tell the seamstress was extremely knowledgeable, she would take one look and she'd know exactly what needed to be done. The dress had a corset back, and she was also very patient in showing my mom how to do up the back. I found the store to be extremely flexible with scheduling too. I'd schedule every fitting in advance, and inevitably have to change it last-minute because of work demands. But I never experienced any kind of attitude about constantly rescheduling. One tip, go on a weekday if you can. They're not open Sundays, so Saturdays tend to be a little crazy. I went once on a Saturday with one of my bridesmaids to look at dresses for her. We didn't need a consultant, which was good because they were all booked up. So if you go on a Saturday, be sure to make an appointment. But if you can, go on a weekday. Much better service. Overall a fantastic experience, with great customer service. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 6/23/2013 laura s

From the minute I walked in, everyone was so friendly. I tried on 6 dresses, in the style I said I loved and the 6th dress was perfect. I needed major alterations to make the dress meet modesty requirements for the jewish ceremony and the dress came out perfectly. People... Read More couldn't even tell where the seams were from adding a panel in the front and in the back. Everyone asked me where I got my dress because it was so perfect. It also fit perfectly! I would definitely 100% recommend Jefre Bridal to my friends

amazing dresses

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Heather T

I found the most amazing dress was absolutely stunning and the help was great! The seamstress is the sweetest lady ever with a talent for dresses!