Jen Fariello Photography

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Bow2010

313 Second Street, SE, Charlottesville, VA

Amazing, warm, and wonderful photographer

Reviewed on 9/13/2013 Anna P

I knew from the moment I started emailing with Jen that she would be the perfect photographer. My husband, my family and I really wanted a photographer we felt comfortable around, that would make the day fun and make us feel relaxed. Jen's personality is so warm and welcoming that you immediately feel comfortable around her and like you have known her your whole life. And to top it all off her pictures are stunning, truly beautiful. She captured the feel of the day, the warmth of the ceremony, the fun of the reception and the love that filled the rooms. I could not have dreamed of a better photographer!

Margie Stinson

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Margie S

Jen is spectacular! You could not ever want or expect to receive a more wonderful photographer! She responded to my email about her services so promptly and was extremely professional and personable in all our correspondences. Her creativity and perspective in her photographs is amazing. She will discover a viewpoint that you would never have thought possible that truly will delight and astound you! She is very easy and enjoyable to be with during the busy time of the ceremony and reception. I recommend Jen with enthusiasm and no hesitation and I can't wait for an occasion to employ her again!

Outstanding Photography

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Anne Cary B

Jen is AMAZING! Honestly, there isn't a better photographer out there. And not only does she take STUNNING pictures, but she is an absolute pleasure to be around.

Jen is wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Meg P

Jen is amazing and I couldn't imaging anyone else to photograph our day! She is so enthusiastic and passionate and we are in love with each and every one of our photos.

Fantastic Photos

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Arthur W

We picked Jen based on her website and reputation and she absolutely lived up to it. She was responsive to all our requests and was accommodating day of despite some tricky weather. The pictures were absolutely stunning. Would definitely choose her again, and would enthusiastically recommend to others as well.

Amazing Talent.!

Reviewed on 8/20/2013

My Husband and I worked with Jen Fariello 2 times prior to our wedding. Each time she was very outgoing, understanding, and energetic! She's such a caring person and enjoys what she's doing. It really shows when you see her work! She brings out the best in people. We loved her work so much we actually scheduled our wedding on a date she wasn't booked! When you work with her, it doesn't matter the season, or that day's weather she can turn it into a priceless memory - Captured all on film. Needless to say our wedding photos turned out phenomenal and we will be calling her the next time we hope to capture another chapter in our lives.

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Claire S

We wound up working with Jen because things didn't work out with our original photographer. I was impressed by a carefully curated portfolio and didn't consult enough people about our selection. When the images came back, I was in tears. That's when Jen Fariello swooped in and made everything better. My husband and I spent a wonderful afternoon with Jen taking our wedding portraits. I am jealous of every bride and groom who got to have her with them for their entire wedding day! She had a beautiful energy about her that makes you instantly comfortable. Though she has photographed thousands of people, she will call out things while taking your pictures that make you feel like her very favorite subject in the world. Being in front of her camera is truly an amazing experience. When the photos came back...well, I couldn't help but stare at them over and over again. I remember thinking "is that how I look?" A relative saw Jen's photos of us on Facebook and commented that they were the best photos anyone has ever taken of us. Talk about a confidence boosting experience! I was so thrilled with Jen's gorgeous images that I went back to her to have my portrait taken for work (I would have loved to use my wedding portraits, but something tells me that wouldn't have gone over too well at the office). By the way, a very interesting testimonial to Jen's amazing work is that you'll see past brides commented on her Facebook page years after their weddings. I saw one woman write that she was stopping in Charlottsville on the way to a vacation home with her family just so they could have their annual family holiday card picture taken by Jen. Her brides become her friends and clients for life. We have already decided that we will be "gifting" Jen's services to our niece and nephews when they get married.

Captured

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Gerry P

The photographs taken by Jen Fariello and her staff captured the essence of a fantastic occasion, the wedding of my daughter and her husband! Jen's creativity, vitality, and helpfulness helped to make this day a resounding success. She truly made everyone feel at ease as she went about her work in a fun, caring, and professional manner. Her work reflected the love and happiness of that day! Jen was so easy to deal with as she moved about unnoticed, and made sure that every memory would be preserved for us in her photos. She effectively used a beautiful venue as a backdrop to enhance her pictures and make us all look great! Jen is very professional while making everyone feel comfortable and taking incredible photos.

Absolutely AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Christie P

I can't rave enough about the wonderful Jen Fariello! On top of being an amazingly talented artist, Jen is a kind person who has a true gift for making her subjects feel comfortable, happy, and beautiful on some of the biggest days of their lives. She provides a great selection of posed photographs, but, in my opinion, her true talent lies in capturing "the moments" as they are happening in an artful, breath-taking way; she truly sees the world through a different lens, and her clients reap the benefits! My friends and family rave about our wedding pictures, and my husband and I are SO happy with how they turned out. Her work is an investment you will appreciate so much after the wedding has passed, and I cannot recommend her enough!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 2/09/2013 Stefanie V

Jen Fariello is absolutely amazing. She was one of the first vendors we reached out to for our wedding, because we knew we HAD to have her as our photographer! And she went above and beyond our expectations. She was responsive, professional and easy to work with, which was such a relief considering how stressful wedding planning can be. She is laid-back and just a fun person to be around! She made us feel very comfortable on the day of the wedding, and her photography during the ceremony/reception was seamless and unobtrusive. As for the pictures themselves - BEAUTIFUL. We loved the fact that she shot on film - the warmth and clarity of the pictures really showed through. I cried happy tears when I first saw the pictures! I knew they would be good, but had no idea they would take my breath away. My husband and I will treasure these pictures forever.

Jen is the absolute BEST!

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Tiffany K

Jen was the first vendor we picked for our wedding (because we knew we wanted her immediately) and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Not only is she incredibly talented, but she is awesome to work with. Jen is so knowledgeable and really helped us through the whole process (even on non-photography related questions). She is super sweet, easy to work with and really makes you feel comfortable. And her pictures are amazing - she was able to capture so many great moments from our wedding. We really can't say enough great things about her and look forward to working with her again in the future!

Outstanding, unforgettable and perfect!

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Hannah A

We could not be happier with Jen's work. Jen was fun to work with, creative and got every single important shot and nuance of our wedding. Looking through the final copies, and slideshows brought tears of happiness to my eyes. The lighting is perfect, she captured the true emotions and unique aspects of each moment. We had family member, after family member comment on how spectacular the photography was. My husband and I are currently living overseas and Jen even found ways to get us our photographs here in Venezuela. She is professional and her work is spectacular. I couldn't say more good things about Jen. You will be absolutely, perfectly happy with the results!

Spectacular!

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Mana B

Jen's photos are absolutely inspired and her work is without equal. We loved working with her before, during and after our wedding. She was a consumate professional before our wedding and absolutely inconspicuous during our wedding and she presented us with an extraordinary array of wonderful photos after our wedding. We were so pleased with her and her incredible work that we've since worked with her several times, even though we live in DC.

Best In The Business!

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Sean H

Jen and her team did fantastic job, we couldn't have picked a more professional and talented photographer. They were a pleasure to work with, making everything comfortable, easy and fun! Our pictures turned out even more beautiful then we could have imagined. The pictures were so amazing that all of our wedding guests continue complimenting how beautiful the photos are. Thank you to Jen and crew for capturing our wedding memories with the most amazing photos.

Amazing! Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/01/2012 Parker B

I will say it again, Jen is absolutely amazing! Her photography is stunning! She captured every moment beautifully. The pictures I have from my wedding are ones that I will treasure forever. I feel so lucky to have had her be the photographer. She made us look great! :) She is so professional and knows what shots to take. When we looked back through the photos, it was so fun to see some of the moments we missed: she got some great photos of one of our friends dancing; another one of my husband's friend doing a karate kick (don't ask me why...) Anyway, she literally captured everything! I can't say enough good things about her. I would highly recommend her.

Best Photographer Ever, couldn't have made a bette

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Devon B

We were so happy with using Jen Fariello as our wedding photographer! I have gotten countless compliments that she took the "best wedding pictures ever" and we couldn't agree more. She was so much fun, so talented and delivered gorgeous results! She made everyone so comfortable and captured priceless moments that we will cherish forever. When I first saw Jen's work I knew that she was the photographer I had to have to capture our wedding. Her pictures are so beautiful and I loved that she took both film and digital photographs. She is so warm and really makes you feel comfortable. For my bridal portrait she arranged a perfect setting and I couldn't have been more pleased with the way the pictures turned out. I love every single photograph she took from my portrait and our wedding and it was so hard choosing a picture for the paper because they were all SO good! Jen was the best choice we made for our wedding and I am so glad we were fortunate enough to spend our wedding day with her!

Aunt of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Nancy O

I certainly agree with my niece when she told me that she and her fiance had the "best photographer ever" in Jen Fariello. What happiness Jen brought to our families and friends when she captured the joyous moments in time of the wedding, especially when she put some of these photos to music. Her work took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes! Jen Fariello is obviously a sensitive person and an outstandingly talented, professional and experienced photographer. She was a pleasure to be around throughout the wedding and all associated events, truly a nice person to everyone! I thank you, Jen Fariello, along with my sister, for capturing every amazing detail and every awesome moment of this glorious wedding so we can enjoy it all again and again. We are forever grateful.

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Donna D

Donna Dever September 6, 2012 at 3:42 pm Wow Jen! You captured all of our joy! We will forever remember our daughter's joyous wedding day through your fabulous photos. Whitney and I paid such particular attention to every detail in planning and we are grateful we hired you for the photography. We both 'had a feeling' from the first day we met you that you were the right person for us. And now that we see the photos we know we were right! We have received so many wonderful compliments on the photos. The wedding day has been described to us by friends who attended as a 'fantasy wedding' and the photos certainly capture that feeling. Again thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us. xo

Jen Fariello: the BEST wedding photographer EVER!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Whitney D

We could not have been happier with our photographer, Jen Fariello. Our pictures are absolutely stunning, thanks to Jen's amazing work. We interviewed multiple photographers and not only was Jen's work beautiful but she was so nice and so warm and pleasant that my mom and I knew right away that she would make the perfect photographer. She was extremely helpful during the whole planning process, planning a timeline for our very long wedding day and even helping me with a few other wedding things since she has so much knowledge of everything weddings in Charlottesville! Jen captured beautiful pictures of our rehearsal dinner and on our wedding day. She was so easy to work with and all of my family members enjoyed her company and now her stunning pictures. She has a very creative and artsy eye and took some really cool pictures of us, our wedding party, our guests, and every single little detail of the day. Jen made the most gorgeous slideshow of the best pictures of our wedding day that she hand selected and put to music and my friends and family LOVED it! She mailed us beautiful silk boxes with all of our pictures and as well CDs. I could not have been any happier with her and am so so so thankful that I chose her to capture our special day. We now have the most beautiful pictures for the rest of our lives! I highly recommend Jen, she was one of the best decisions we made about our wedding day!!!!!

Beyond the Best!

Reviewed on 9/08/2012 Lauren G

Working with Jen Fariello was one of the best decisions we made in all of our wedding planning--we are absolutely blown away by Jen’s artistic talent! Jen took our engagement photos a few months prior to our wedding and she could not have put us more at ease in front of the camera. The engagement photo session was the perfect way to get to know Jen’s style and we knew exactly what to expect going into our wedding day with regard to photography. Our wedding was such a magical celebration and Jen did such a fantastic job of capturing the emotion of the day! From the touching ceremony shots, to the countless detail and family photos, Jen captured every aspect of the wedding with an artistic eye unlike any other. She truly made our day incredibly special and we can’t thank her enough that we now have stunning images that take us right back to our wedding day with every view. We also so appreciate Jen and her team for braving tough conditions as our wedding fell on the weekend of the crazy and unpredictable derecho! No one would even believe the storm had passed through the night before the wedding from our breathtaking photos. Jen is beyond the best and an absolute delight! We are so lucky to have worked with her throughout our wedding planning process. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

World's BEST Photographer

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Stephanie G

Jen Fariello is a dream come true. She's passionate, she's TALENTED, and she's completely fun and fabulous to work with. I think the best thing about working with Jen is that she's so willing to take risks and do things outside of the box; but, she's also perfected the art of classic wedding photography-- images your grandchildren will treasure and images that will always be in style. Jen was our first and only choice as a photographer and we used her for everything we could possibly imagine: bridal portraits, engagement session, boudoir session, and, of course, the wedding weekend. It was incredible doing a boudoir session with Jen. She made me feel so comfortable and confident-- and it was so much fun! I don't think I would have bared it all had it not been for the comfortable environment she created. Having Jen around on your wedding day is the best-- she's fun, just like part of the group, she is great at giving helpful directions, especially to people who are shy in front of the camera, and she genuinely wants you to shine in her images. She made me feel like a goddess and we've just been overwhelmed with the beautiful images she made. To sum up: Jen is an artist, not just a photographer. She's so smart and knows when to use digital and when to shine with film; she has the best personality and attitude and she's up for anything! I recommend her before any other vendor I've worked with. She will make your wedding day a completely magical experience!

We are HUGE fans of Jen!

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Meghan W

I am happy to write this review because both our experiences with Jen were fantastic and we have beautiful images to prove it! Jen immediately made us feel comfortable. She captured amazing shots for all parts of the special day. She was reliable and pleasant. She had our prints ready in a reasonable amount of time and communicated often. She is professional and creative. I cherish our wedding photos and our couples photos each day, I know I will forever.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 2/26/2012 Lisa C

Not being from Charlottesville, my husband and I spent a lot of time researching wedding photographers, and eventually found Jen based on a recommendation from a couple we met at our Catholic marriage prep weekend. Jen exceeded our expectations, and we are so glad we chose her for our wedding weekend in December 2011. One of the best things about Jen is her creative eye, I am amazed by how great the photos she took of us came out. Even though it was December (meaning the sun sets really, really early), Jen was able to capture beautiful light for our portrait shots after the wedding ceremony. Jen and her team also did an outstanding job on the non-portrait photography (i.e. candid shots throughout the events). Even though there were three of them at our evening reception, they did a great job blending in and getting fun shots of our family and friends enjoying themselves. We also had Jen and her team host a photo booth at our wedding reception. They brought along a few backdrops and paper cutouts of hats, moustaches, etc., along with a mini chalkboard and some other cute signs. Our friends & family loved the photo booth, and we got some great shots of everyone letting loose during the reception. One of my favorite things about working with Jen was the great attitude and spirit of her and her team. Wedding planning is stressful enough, and it was really important for us to work with vendors who would not add additional stress to our wedding. Jen and her team exuded this wonderful excitement each day they were with us (we had two ceremonies over two consecutive days). I really felt that Jen was just as excited about our wedding as we were, and it made taking pictures with her all the more fun. Another great perk, Jen put together a complementary musical photo slide show and sent it to us just a few weeks after our wedding. The slide show was so well done. It captured the emotion of both days so well, watching it made us feel like we were re-living the weekend (I still tear-up watching it!). The slide show was also a really nice treat to share with our guests so soon after the wedding. One last note about pricing…the cost of photography is definitely on the high end, but I can honestly say that for us the expense was worth it. Our wedding weekend went by so fast, and as strange as it sounds, the photos serve as a way for us to fully remember everything from the weekend. I’m glad we booked Jen for both days and for the whole reception. Some of my favorite photos are of my friends and family hamming it up late-night! In short, I highly recommend Jen Fariello Photography, and am happy to speak with anyone about her services if they have questions.

Friendly, professional, creative

Reviewed on 2/14/2012 Sandra M

We decided to elope at the last minute to the Clifton Inn, in Charlottesville, VIriginia and cancel our big Ireland wedding. Best decision I ever made. We were so lucky to have Jen be our photographer there. She was with us about an hour and a half I think, took great creative shots and had a lot of fun with us. My best friend is a wedding photographer so I'm familiar with the business and was really very happy with our results.

Best Wedding Photographer in Virginia!

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 Carrie B

Selecting Jen Fariello as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made! She runs a professional business, has been great to work with and does EXCELLENT work. I am amazed at the quality of pictures she takes and can truly say there isn't one photo of our wedding I don't like. She handled our large wedding party perfectly and managed to capture the most perfect, magical moments on film! Jen puts her clients first and knows how to provide not only the best of pictures but service as well. I wouldn't suggest any other photographer in Virginia!

Send Email