Jennifer's Bridal

Jennifer's is a unique bridal boutique catering to you, the bride. We have carefully selected an exquisite selection of couture designers, and our professional staff is here to help you create your dream dress. An intimate setting allows our clients to have a truly special experience to remember.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Fashion

500 Hockessin Corner, Hockessin, DE (302) 235-1660
INSTAGRAM

The BEST Bridal Shop

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

I had the hardest time finding a dress for my wedding. I went to multiple other stores and tried on over 50 different dresses before finally discovering Jennifer's Bridal. From the moment I walked in, I knew I would find my dress here. The staff was amazingly helpful and... Read More extremely nice. Their selection was the best I found in all of the greater Philadelphia area. In fact, the first dress I tried on at Jennifer's was the dress I bought! Not to mention, I found a beautiful veil, head piece, and earrings all at once with my dress! My wedding was all the way in the Alabama, but the ladies at Jennifer's took care of all of the shipping logistics to make sure my dress made to Alabama in time for my wedding. I was also crunched for time for alterations, but their seamstress worked with my schedule and did and excellent job with the alterations. I strongly recommend this shop to anyone looking for the perfect wedding dress. The price was high, but the quality of dress and service I received from Jennifer's was the best I could have imagined. It was worth every penny. Jennifer's bridal is simply put, the absolute best!

2015-10-19T09:43:42 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet! We all enjoyed every moment working with you, and I am so glad you were able to find your dream dress here! We hope the day was everything you hoped for, and please send pictures when you have them! Best wishes... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Bridal Salon, Beautifully Managed

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Jackie D

I had the best experience at Jennifer's Bridal after visiting a few competitors in the Wilmington, DE area. The store was perfectly maintained and was welcoming with gorgeous white dresses lining the walls of the shop. I liked that this shop doesn't sell bridesmaid or MOB... Read More dresses; it creates a very personal and special experience for the bride. The employees at the store and Jennifer herself are incredibly helpful and genuine. They really make you feel important! They kept me informed from the day I bought my dress through the time it came in and assisted in getting the alteration appointments set up, which a busy wedding planning bride can really appreciate. My dress was perfect on my wedding day; I got so many compliments and I have Jennifer's Bridal to thank. I recommend to ALL brides in the tri-state area.

2015-10-19T09:45:30 Response from the vendor

Aww, thank you! You were always so much fun to work with! We are dying to see pictures of your big day! Thank you for taking the time to review us, and congratulations!! xo

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Christine S

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing Jennifer, Amy, and the rest of the staff at Jennifer's was throughout my whole experience. From finding my dress, to alterations, to (very) last minute accessory changes, they were all so genuinely nice & eager to help. They give you... Read More more of a personalized experience when trying on dresses & don't overcrowd their boutique. You guys were truly AMAZING! Thank you so much for everything :)

2015-09-08T16:22:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for you sweet review. YOu are awesome and we love you!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Raychel B

I would have to say I was so pleased with Jennifer's Bridal. Jen was so great in helping me with finding the perfect dress. I loved the feeling I got just walking into their place. I instantly felt like a princess. The ladies were so nice and very welcoming. I ended up finding... Read More the most perfect gown for my special day. I am so thrilled that I was able to get to buy my gown from here. I would recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Becca G

If I could give 6 stars, I would. Jennifer's Bridal was a highlight of the wedding planning process, I loved shopping there so much that I was thrilled to join one of my bridesmaids to find her dream dress there too! Jennifer's has the best selection of dresses in the area, in... Read More the most GORGEOUS boutique setting. Walking in, I had no idea what I was looking for in a dress but their staff immediately understood the look I was going for and helped me to nail down my dream look. I ended up walking down the aisle in a dress that completely surpassed my expectations. Jennifer's seamstress was also impeccable. Shop at Jennifer's!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Nina C

I grew up about 10 minutes from Jennifer's and when it was time for me to go shopping, I knew I had to go to Jennifer's! Several women I went to high school with had raved about the salon and I couldn't wait to go shopping. (Go St Mark's Spartans!) Even though I now live in... Read More Baltimore, it was worth every drive back and forth!! I was especially lucky, because the gorgeous renovations had just been completed prior to my first appointment back in February of this year. Becca and Jennifer were so fantastic during my appointment and made me feel like I was like family, laughing and smiling and letting me try on as many gowns as I wanted! I had been in communication with the ladies prior to my appointment and had certain gowns in mind, but I loved how they threw in some others just for fun! When I first came out in "my gown" Jennnifer said to me, that was it! She was right! They showered me and my group of ladies with champagne when I said yes to the dress! I adored my Watters gown and it was perfect for my beach ceremony and the reception afterwards. El did my alterations and was beyond professional , so attentive, and made the gown fit me perfectly! It was so comfortable and I didn't want to take it off. If you live anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic, you MUST make it to Jennifer's! Love you ladies and thank you for finding me my dream gown!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Daniella C

Fantastic service and expert tailoring by El! All the staff at Jennifer's made my experience fun easy and accommodating as I was traveling from NY. I even purchased my headpiece here. The shop itself is also gorgeous and provides a great selection! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Angela L

I could not say enough great things about Jennifer's. From the moment you walk in the door they make you feel special and through the whole experience (fittings, trying on veils etc) they were very helpful! Not to mention the gowns are GORGEOUS - I received so many compliments... Read More and I owe it to Jennifer's for making it happen!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Mary-Claire R

Jennifer’s Bridal did an amazing job with my wedding gown for our June 2017 wedding! I started dress shopping about a year before my wedding. I shared my Pinterest board with the salon before my first appointment; Jennifer used this to pull dresses for me ahead of time, based... Read More on the looks from my Pin board. Several of the dresses she pulled were the exact dresses I pinned! I ended up purchasing the very first dress I tried on because Jennifer was so well prepared and made the appointment so easy for me. Susan was extremely accommodating for alterations. I was not living locally to the salon and had recently started a new job, so I was limited in my ability to return for multiple appointments. Susan was extremely understanding; she fit me in based on my availabilities, and made each appointment worthwhile. With only a handful of alterations appointments, Susan had the dress fitted to me like a glove. I had numerous guests tell me the dress looked like it was made just for me! Overall, I was extremely pleased with the level of quality, attention to detail, professionalism, organization, and friendliness set forth by Jennifer’s Bridal. I would definitely recommend this salon to anyone I know!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Alina I

Had a wonderful experience with Jennifer's Bridal! All the girls there are so nice and helpful, and I really appreciated the fact that I walked in with a price point in mind, and they did not try to convince me to spend $1,000 more like other bridal shops did. Karen was my... Read More seamstress and she was a pleasure to work with! They do book up though so just make sure you make an appointment a few weeks before you plan on going in.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Nicole D

Wide array of dresses - not just wedding gowns but also MOB dresses and bridesmaid dresses, and lots of beautiful veils. The staff are so helpful and have a great eye for the style that will fit you and your vision for your dress - and your budget! They recently renovated their... Read More shop to expand it and now they have even more selection. Not too much there in the way of accessories, but that isn't their primary focus - they have some things there to give you an idea of what you could add to your dress. My seamstress also did an amazing job with my dress, even with some tricky alterations with the neckline. My only suggestion is they could improve with their communication with the brides on the arrival of orders - my veil did not come in when expected but I was not made aware until I asked them myself. Otherwise an amazing salon!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Kristina S

I just LOVE Jennifer's Bridal! From the moment we walked in I knew this was the place! I felt like I had been just about everywhere looking for my dress and I FINALLY found it! Jennifer (both of them) were a pleasure to work with and made me feel so comfortable the entire time.... Read More We had a blast! And I haven't even gone back for my fitting yet! Can't wait!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Em D

Beautiful place. Such a kind and patient staff. Never felt pressured. Beautiful selection.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Annie B

I cannot say enough good things about my experience so far with Jennifer's! My first trip to the salon was back in January for their 20th anniversary event. I wanted to go see Hayley Paige and see what it's like inside a bridal salon. It is such a beautiful store and getting to... Read More meet Hayley was definitely a highlight! In April, my mom and two maids of honor came with me to try on dresses. Jennifer was very patient and kind the whole time. She helped me pull dresses I had shown her pictures of and pulled a few suggestions. She also let my maids of honor choose dresses they wanted me to try. She was very personable and made us feel like we were longtime friends and that we were in no rush for time. I ended up choosing a Hayley Paige dress, and since Jennifer knew that I had met her, she was so kind to text Hayley pictures of me in the dress and share my story with her. How cool is that?! She also took the time to talk with us afterwards, take pictures for us and bring us champagne. We had such a great experience that my mom wants to go shopping for her MOB dress at Jennifer's! I can't wait to go back for my fittings and cannot express my gratitude enough for such a wonderful experience. This is the best place to go and you will feel like a one-of-a-kind bride!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Devan K

If I could rate Jennifer's a zero, I would. I've never felt more disrespected. I had the "pleasure" of working with the OWNER of the establishment, Jennifer herself. During my appointment, there were two women hovering around my dressing room who were not with me and did not... Read More have an appointment. They were pointing at the dresses I was trying on and asking if they could try them on too. Instead of asking the women to look somewhere else until she was finished with my appointment, Jennifer helped them and assisted them during MY appointment that I had scheduled. She sent me out of my dressing room to see my mom and maid of honor alone while she went into the adjacent dressing room to assist two women during my appointment. It was a total disregard of my time. I am the first of my 10 best friends to get married, and I can guarantee I will NEVER recommend this place to any of them or anyone else. Please don't waste your time. It's a joke. No need for an appointment, you can just jump in on someone else's. Thanks for showing me what I don't want in a dress shopping experience. Pathetic.

2017-05-15T13:07:09 Response from the vendor

Good afternoon, I first want to apologize for your disappointing experience. I made the mistake of offering my employees the afternoon off to be with their families for Mother's day weekend. I am very sorry for how you and your family felt. I do not... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Coraima M

I came in with high expectations. I had read reviews on the place and looked through the possible dresses that I thought I would have been able to try on. However, once I arrived, no one was at the front desk to sign me in. When I finally was taken in to try on some dresses (by... Read More the way, this was my first time trying on dresses and I made sure to mention that about 3 times) I was assigned to a dressing room with dresses from a previous bride and told to look around and find some dresses on my own...uhhhh what??? There were two other brides in this place and everyone seemed to place all of their attention on them while my mom, sister, future mother-in-law and I were left to fend for ourselves. I cried mid-session because I COULD NOT believe how horrible we were being treated. These other women were offered drinks while we, on the other hand, were not. I got barely any help and and several times, walked past who I believe was the manager, with a dress in my hands without any help. Needless to say, I wouldn't even be giving this place a star if I could help it. I WOULDN'T recommend this place to anyone. I made sure to fill out their application days in advance so that when I walked in, I could get the help I needed and have dresses that I would like, but they acted as if I had never filled anything out. Mind you, I had spoken to this woman over the phone about 2 or 3 times beforehand. They showed no interest in me and it didn't help that women who were doing nothing were found by my sister at some point, in my dressing room, talking to one another. This place and experience sucked.

2017-01-07T19:17:02 Response from the vendor

We are so sorry that you had this experience. May I ask your name to address the situation. As you probably have read based on your research we have a 5 star reputation. We pride ourselves on excellent service and selection. I would like to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Mimi D

If I could give Jennifer's 10 stars, I absolutely would. From my very first appointment when I had no idea what I was looking for, to my very last when I was terrified whether I would still love it -- they were SO sweet and helpful. They totally pulled me out of my comfort zone... Read More by pulling other dresses they thought I might like in addition to my shortlist, one of which ended up being THE dress. They have a wonderful selection, an intimate atmosphere, and are extremely attentive and mindful. If you're in the Delaware area -- definitely go to Jennifer's!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Courtney S

I absolutely love everyone at Jennifer's. They were all so wonderful and helpful and I can't thank them enough for introducing me to my beautiful Hayley Paige dress and for also working closely with Haute Bride to make my custom matching jewelry. I felt so beautiful on my... Read More wedding day and Jennifer's helped make that happen. Their inventory of dresses are gorgeous and they are constantly bringing in the best of the best. You can tell they really care about making your day the best day and I highly recommend them! Love you Jennifer's!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Stephanie G

I would have saved myself a LOT of time if I went to Jennifer's first when starting to shop for a dress! I had an amazing experience and found the perfect dress in literally no time at all because the staff and selection are both top notch. I was sent here by a former employee... Read More of a different bridal salon, and I am so glad I listened! Do yourself a favor and try Jennifer's! They have an amazing reputation for a reason

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Jessica V

I got married in May 2016 at the Farmhouse in Delaware. I had an amazing experience working with the staff at Jennifer's. They are warm, enthusiastic, professional and passionate about helping you find just the right dress. Their trunk sales are wonderful and really make it... Read More feasible to get a designer gown within a lower budget. They were attentive, informative and really present throughout the process. Also, I can't say enough positive things about their seamstresses.....wonderful!!! The alterations were seamless and I just felt so beautiful. Thank you Jennifer's!!! Keep up the amazing work <3

2016-09-29T15:27:13 Response from the vendor

YAY!!! Thank you so much. We feel the love and are so happy! We are so blessed to have such amazing brides. Congratulations and our very best wishes! xoxo Jennifer and Amy and staff

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Thea T

I just want to thank Amy Hauser so much for helping me with my dress shopping experience! You were absolutely wonderful and made my family feel very welcomed. You didn't push me, steer me away from what I truly loved or try to sell something else knowing what I truly wanted... Read More and I genuinely appreciate that. Even though Jennifer's Bridal was an hour plus away from me it was worth the time and travel. I would definitely recommend Jennifer' Bridal to EVERYONE!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Michelle T

By far the best bridal shop in Delaware! The whole experience was dreamy and perfect. The shop is gorgeous, the gowns are unique, beautiful and easy to browse through. The staff is wonderful and so sweet! We went here first and no other shop came close to the full experience we... Read More had at Jennifer's. I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Stefania R

The best bridal salon to shop for a dress in the tri-state area! Jennifer's makes wedding dress shopping an experience of its own. As a Jennifer's bride, you truly feel pampered perusing their amazing selection of beautiful gowns and the attention given to each customer is... Read More unlike any other salon. Even down to the attention given on social media of their brides, Jennifer's makes you feel like the princess bride you dreamed of as a little girl! Highly recommended!

2016-09-29T15:28:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. We really appreciate your kind and beautiful review. We are so blessed to have such amazing brides. Congratulations and all our best wishes from all of us at Jennifer's

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Sophie B

Did not have a good experience. Staff was nice but not very helpful. I explained that my budget was $2000 and she put me in a $3500 dress. Nothing has price tags on it and the staff does not know off the top of their head the prices of the dresses...

2016-08-29T13:58:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback, and I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience with us. We strive to always be helpful, and give the best possible customer service. I wish this was the case for you. We wish you all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Alicia T

I worked with Amy at Jennifer's and the entire experience was wonderful. From finding a dress and then continuing with fitting with the seamstress, each time I walked into Jennifer's I felt welcomed, appreciated, and like THEY were just as excited about my upcoming wedding as I... Read More was. The dress fit like a glove and looked absolutely amazing. So many compliments!

Amy and Jennifer

Jennifer founded Jennifer's Bridal in 1996 to give brides the ultimate bridal shopping experience where you feel like family, and Amy became part of the family 10 years ago during her final year of college at the University of Delaware. In 2011, Amy joined Jennifer as an owner, and the store is getting ready to celebrate 20 years of business. Both Jennifer and Amy are married with children (Jennifer has 7, Amy has 3), and the bridal salon is like a second home to them both. They both are looking forward to another 20 years together at Jennifer's helping beautiful brides find their dress!