Jennifer's Bridal

Jennifer's is a unique bridal boutique catering to you, the bride. We have carefully selected an exquisite selection of couture designers, and our professional staff is here to help you create your dream dress. An intimate setting allows our clients to have a truly special experience to remember.

Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion

500 Hockessin Corner, Hockessin, DE (302) 235-1660

The BEST Bridal Shop

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

I had the hardest time finding a dress for my wedding. I went to multiple other stores and tried on over 50 different dresses before finally discovering Jennifer's Bridal. From the moment I walked in, I knew I would find my dress here. The staff was amazingly helpful and... Read More extremely nice. Their selection was the best I found in all of the greater Philadelphia area. In fact, the first dress I tried on at Jennifer's was the dress I bought! Not to mention, I found a beautiful veil, head piece, and earrings all at once with my dress! My wedding was all the way in the Alabama, but the ladies at Jennifer's took care of all of the shipping logistics to make sure my dress made to Alabama in time for my wedding. I was also crunched for time for alterations, but their seamstress worked with my schedule and did and excellent job with the alterations. I strongly recommend this shop to anyone looking for the perfect wedding dress. The price was high, but the quality of dress and service I received from Jennifer's was the best I could have imagined. It was worth every penny. Jennifer's bridal is simply put, the absolute best!

2015-10-19T09:43:42 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet! We all enjoyed every moment working with you, and I am so glad you were able to find your dream dress here! We hope the day was everything you hoped for, and please send pictures when you have them! Best wishes... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Bridal Salon, Beautifully Managed

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Jackie D

I had the best experience at Jennifer's Bridal after visiting a few competitors in the Wilmington, DE area. The store was perfectly maintained and was welcoming with gorgeous white dresses lining the walls of the shop. I liked that this shop doesn't sell bridesmaid or MOB... Read More dresses; it creates a very personal and special experience for the bride. The employees at the store and Jennifer herself are incredibly helpful and genuine. They really make you feel important! They kept me informed from the day I bought my dress through the time it came in and assisted in getting the alteration appointments set up, which a busy wedding planning bride can really appreciate. My dress was perfect on my wedding day; I got so many compliments and I have Jennifer's Bridal to thank. I recommend to ALL brides in the tri-state area.

2015-10-19T09:45:30 Response from the vendor

Aww, thank you! You were always so much fun to work with! We are dying to see pictures of your big day! Thank you for taking the time to review us, and congratulations!! xo

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Christine S

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing Jennifer, Amy, and the rest of the staff at Jennifer's was throughout my whole experience. From finding my dress, to alterations, to (very) last minute accessory changes, they were all so genuinely nice & eager to help. They give you... Read More more of a personalized experience when trying on dresses & don't overcrowd their boutique. You guys were truly AMAZING! Thank you so much for everything :)

2015-09-08T16:22:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for you sweet review. YOu are awesome and we love you!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Coraima M

I came in with high expectations. I had read reviews on the place and looked through the possible dresses that I thought I would have been able to try on. However, once I arrived, no one was at the front desk to sign me in. When I finally was taken in to try on some dresses (by... Read More the way, this was my first time trying on dresses and I made sure to mention that about 3 times) I was assigned to a dressing room with dresses from a previous bride and told to look around and find some dresses on my own...uhhhh what??? There were two other brides in this place and everyone seemed to place all of their attention on them while my mom, sister, future mother-in-law and I were left to fend for ourselves. I cried mid-session because I COULD NOT believe how horrible we were being treated. These other women were offered drinks while we, on the other hand, were not. I got barely any help and and several times, walked past who I believe was the manager, with a dress in my hands without any help. Needless to say, I wouldn't even be giving this place a star if I could help it. I WOULDN'T recommend this place to anyone. I made sure to fill out their application days in advance so that when I walked in, I could get the help I needed and have dresses that I would like, but they acted as if I had never filled anything out. Mind you, I had spoken to this woman over the phone about 2 or 3 times beforehand. They showed no interest in me and it didn't help that women who were doing nothing were found by my sister at some point, in my dressing room, talking to one another. This place and experience sucked.

2017-01-07T19:17:02 Response from the vendor

We are so sorry that you had this experience. May I ask your name to address the situation. As you probably have read based on your research we have a 5 star reputation. We pride ourselves on excellent service and selection. I would like to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Mimi D

If I could give Jennifer's 10 stars, I absolutely would. From my very first appointment when I had no idea what I was looking for, to my very last when I was terrified whether I would still love it -- they were SO sweet and helpful. They totally pulled me out of my comfort zone... Read More by pulling other dresses they thought I might like in addition to my shortlist, one of which ended up being THE dress. They have a wonderful selection, an intimate atmosphere, and are extremely attentive and mindful. If you're in the Delaware area -- definitely go to Jennifer's!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Courtney S

I absolutely love everyone at Jennifer's. They were all so wonderful and helpful and I can't thank them enough for introducing me to my beautiful Hayley Paige dress and for also working closely with Haute Bride to make my custom matching jewelry. I felt so beautiful on my... Read More wedding day and Jennifer's helped make that happen. Their inventory of dresses are gorgeous and they are constantly bringing in the best of the best. You can tell they really care about making your day the best day and I highly recommend them! Love you Jennifer's!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Stephanie G

I would have saved myself a LOT of time if I went to Jennifer's first when starting to shop for a dress! I had an amazing experience and found the perfect dress in literally no time at all because the staff and selection are both top notch. I was sent here by a former employee... Read More of a different bridal salon, and I am so glad I listened! Do yourself a favor and try Jennifer's! They have an amazing reputation for a reason

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Jessica V

I got married in May 2016 at the Farmhouse in Delaware. I had an amazing experience working with the staff at Jennifer's. They are warm, enthusiastic, professional and passionate about helping you find just the right dress. Their trunk sales are wonderful and really make it... Read More feasible to get a designer gown within a lower budget. They were attentive, informative and really present throughout the process. Also, I can't say enough positive things about their seamstresses.....wonderful!!! The alterations were seamless and I just felt so beautiful. Thank you Jennifer's!!! Keep up the amazing work <3

2016-09-29T15:27:13 Response from the vendor

YAY!!! Thank you so much. We feel the love and are so happy! We are so blessed to have such amazing brides. Congratulations and our very best wishes! xoxo Jennifer and Amy and staff

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Thea T

I just want to thank Amy Hauser so much for helping me with my dress shopping experience! You were absolutely wonderful and made my family feel very welcomed. You didn't push me, steer me away from what I truly loved or try to sell something else knowing what I truly wanted... Read More and I genuinely appreciate that. Even though Jennifer's Bridal was an hour plus away from me it was worth the time and travel. I would definitely recommend Jennifer' Bridal to EVERYONE!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Michelle T

By far the best bridal shop in Delaware! The whole experience was dreamy and perfect. The shop is gorgeous, the gowns are unique, beautiful and easy to browse through. The staff is wonderful and so sweet! We went here first and no other shop came close to the full experience we... Read More had at Jennifer's. I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Stefania R

The best bridal salon to shop for a dress in the tri-state area! Jennifer's makes wedding dress shopping an experience of its own. As a Jennifer's bride, you truly feel pampered perusing their amazing selection of beautiful gowns and the attention given to each customer is... Read More unlike any other salon. Even down to the attention given on social media of their brides, Jennifer's makes you feel like the princess bride you dreamed of as a little girl! Highly recommended!

2016-09-29T15:28:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. We really appreciate your kind and beautiful review. We are so blessed to have such amazing brides. Congratulations and all our best wishes from all of us at Jennifer's

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 s b

Did not have a good experience. Staff was nice but not very helpful. I explained that my budget was $2000 and she put me in a $3500 dress. Nothing has price tags on it and the staff does not know off the top of their head the prices of the dresses...

2016-08-29T13:58:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback, and I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience with us. We strive to always be helpful, and give the best possible customer service. I wish this was the case for you. We wish you all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Alicia T

I worked with Amy at Jennifer's and the entire experience was wonderful. From finding a dress and then continuing with fitting with the seamstress, each time I walked into Jennifer's I felt welcomed, appreciated, and like THEY were just as excited about my upcoming wedding as I... Read More was. The dress fit like a glove and looked absolutely amazing. So many compliments!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Kristin M

The atmosphere is relaxed. You have their full attention. Everyone who works there is wonderful and helpful. My experience could not have been better!!

2016-08-02T15:11:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this kind review. We really appreciate your feedback and wish you all our best!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Jordan H

I had a wonderful experience at Jennifer's from the first trip to look at gowns to the final fitting. Everyone there is incredibly welcoming and professional without being stuffy at all. Jennifer's is big enough that they have a great selection and small enough that you get... Read More undivided attention (and they all remember your name every time you come in!). I purchased my gown and veil from them, but got my belt elsewhere and they pressed in and had it ready to wear when I picked my gown and veil up. It's little touches like that that made my experience here great.

2016-07-07T16:47:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so so so much. Hugs!!! We love hearing sweet things from our brides. We appreciate your business and allowing us to share in such a special time in you life. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Adrienne W

Great experience with Jennifer. She was pleasant and polite. When i first walked into the boutique I didnt think i would find my dress since the dresses were out of my budget range. The sale rack had beautiful dresses. Jennifer picked a dress for me at the last minute and it... Read More ended up being my dress!

2016-07-07T16:49:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review. I am so happy I was able to find you the perfect dress. I love working with my brides and truly appreciate you entrusting me to such a special day.

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Eva C

I loved going to Jennifer's bridal! Amy was so helpful and sweet! I truly felt like a princess from the moment I walked in. I loved how warm it was- it helped me remain calm during such an important step. Jennifer's Bridal made my dream come true and I left with a Lazaro... Read More dress. Thank you so much for making me a Lazaro Bride <3

2016-06-13T20:13:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your sweet words! We could not be happier to have helped you become a Lazaro Bride! We wish you all the best in your marriage! Xoxo

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Jessica S

Jennifer's Bridal helped me find my wedding dress! It was the second salon I had visited and Sarah listened to what I wanted, observed I did not pull one thing I liked, and pulled my dress right away. It was perfect for my March Wedding. The whole Process of alterations and... Read More fittings was amazing as well. Flexible with appointments, and Susan did an amazing job on the lace sleeve of my dress and I felt beautiful and comfortable all night. Highly recommend!!

2016-06-13T20:15:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your big day! We wish you happiness and lots of love in your marriage!! Xo

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Whitney S

I had such an amazing experience throughout my entire wedding dress process at Jennifer's Bridal! The first time I found "the" dress, but wanted to continue to look to ensure it was it. Jennifer & team helped me and were absolutely amazing, they were so knowledgeable and helpful... Read More when trying to find the right dress that fit my body type and personality! They also completely understood that I wanted to look elsewhere to confirm I had found the one! I went to Kleinfeld's after and didn't find anything else, they had "the dress" there but I wanted to come back to Jennifer's to purchase it there as they had been so accommodating, helpful, and sweet! When I went back a second time to say yes, I brought my entourage of almost 10 people, and they were super accommodating and allowed for me to have a private appointment on a Sunday. It was the perfect experience, dress, everything! I felt absolutely breathtaking on our wedding day & thanks Jennifer and team for that! Thank you to all the ladies at Jennifer's, you've all been fantastic!

Wonderful Girls

Reviewed on 1/03/2016 Lidia J

Loved loved loved this place. Didn't think I would be "that bride" that had to go to 4 different stores and try on like 50 dresses, but I was. So I think I have pretty good authority to say that Jennifer's is the best. I got personalized attention at my appointments, from Amy,... Read More my consultant, to Susan my amazing seamstress, I never felt rushed or pushed. Also, the girls at Jennifer's are more than just sales people, they're fashion people too. I never heard the words "no" or "can't" come out of their mouths. They did everything to help and thought of ideas to help me make my dress the dress of my dreams. You'll be in great hands here!!!

2016-04-04T09:29:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you!! We love what we do, and love working with such amazing brides! We are SO happy you were able to find the dress of your dreams here. Best wishes in your marriage! xo

Amazing

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Ann D

Jennifer's Bridal is amazing! They are so easy to work with and helped me pick out the perfect wedding dress. Sarah found my dress for me and it was the opposite of what I thought I wanted but I fell in love with it immediately. They really know how to help a bride and pick out... Read More the right dress. My sister also found her dress at Jennifer's! Susan was my seamstress and she did and amazing job making sure that the dress fit be absolutely perfectly. She was even able to change the style of the dress into more of what I was looking for. All in all Jennifer's was perfect and I could not have felt more beautiful on my wedding day!

2016-04-04T09:31:55 Response from the vendor

It's amazing how often brides fall in love with a totally opposite gown than they thought! We are so happy you had a wonderful experience working with Sarah, and that we were able to help both you and your sister. Thank you so much for... Read Less Read More

Wedding dress

Reviewed on 12/23/2015

My daughter and I went to Jennifer's Bridal to purchase her wedding dress. We needed the dress as soon as possible, and Sarah was very helpful. She was excellent to work with. The dress arrived and was altered with time to spare. Susan is an excellent seamstress! A great... Read More experience! Thank you!

2016-04-04T09:26:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for you kind review! We are so happy we could be a small part of your daughter's wedding day, and wish you all the best!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Courtney W

Jennifer's Bridal is THE BES.T From the second I walked in the door for the first time, to the day I left with my gown, Jennifer's has been nothing but a pleasant, wonderful experience. The women that work there are smart, helpful, and kind. They make their customers feel... Read More beautiful, confident, and secure. Thank you so much! I loved my gown and veil SO MUCH.

2016-04-04T09:34:31 Response from the vendor

We are so happy for you! Not long now before you will be walking down the aisle in your perfect gown! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, and we can't wait for your big day!! xo

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 courtney h

I loved my dress shopping experience with Jennifer's! It was a relaxing experience and I felt pampered having one on one attention unlike other dress shops that are crowded with bridal parties and you're sharing a staff member. I had my eyes on a dress I found online that no one... Read More had in store. Jennifer's was able to ship a sample for free while other salons were asking for a fee. I said yest to the dress that day but Sara let me know there was a trunk show coming up that could save me money if I called in in a few weekends. Even though I loved the one dress I came for, their selection was well curated and I swooned over them every time I came in for a fitting. I also was traveling from out of town and they were always available able to fit me in on Saturdays and Sundays. Everyone at Jennifer's was super friendly and made us feel at home when we went there. The seamstress was reasonable and timely and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect dress!

2015-10-23T12:47:30 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us! We would love to see pictures of you in your gorgeous Blush dress! Congratulations, and thank you for taking the time to review us!! xo

Top Notch Bridal Boutique

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Danielle H

From the moment I stepped into Jennifer's I knew it was a special place. This was the only bridal boutique I went to in search for my perfect dress. The staff is so willing to go above and beyond, while being so patient in order to help each and every bride find the perfect... Read More dress. The dress I chose was the 8th dress I tried on. Sarah, who works there then added a belt to the dress and when I turned around to look into the mirros, I lost it. I knew then and there that dress was "the one." Even past my last fitting they were there if I needed anything. They make you feel like family, which meant a lot to my family and I.

2015-09-08T16:21:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Danielle for your sweet review. Your kind words mean so much. All our brides are like family. We are so blessed to do what we do and to have made a new friend. Jennifer

Amy and Jennifer

Jennifer founded Jennifer's Bridal in 1996 to give brides the ultimate bridal shopping experience where you feel like family, and Amy became part of the family 10 years ago during her final year of college at the University of Delaware. In 2011, Amy joined Jennifer as an owner, and the store is getting ready to celebrate 20 years of business. Both Jennifer and Amy are married with children (Jennifer has 7, Amy has 2), and the bridal salon is like a second home to them both. They both are looking forward to another 20 years together at Jennifer's helping beautiful brides find their dress!

Start a Conversation!