New Orleans World Famous Bakery

Gambino's Bakery, based in the Greater New Orleans area, has been baking memories for generations. Founded over sixty years ago by Joe Gambino, the family owned bakery continues to use the finest ingredients to create custom designed wedding and groom's cakes. Call us today to book a tasting!

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

4821 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Metairie, LA (504) 885-7500

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Victor P

Wow. What a great day topped with a great set of cakes. The team at Gambinos was very accommodating. We brought several different cake pictures for the wedding cake and they reconstructed it to a tee. The business it self was clean which is more than I can say of many other... Read More places we visited. The grooms cake was clean, smooth and cool. All of didn't just look good but was very tasty. At the tasting they offered not only different fillings but different cake types. We asked if they could make us a new cake topper of two bead dogs. They came out just as we had dreamed. I would return to Gambino's for birthdays, anniversary and any other cake needs . 5 Stars are not enough.

2016-05-06T18:35:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We loved being a featured guest at your wedding. We appreciate you selecting us to bake and design your wedding and groom's cakes. From the bottom of our heart, we thank you for your kind words. Also, thank you for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Brittany P

Gambino's Bakery is by far the best In the business! My wedding cake was pure perfection and tasted AMAZING! I had so many compliments on the cake that was created for my wedding and it was hands down the most beautiful cake I have ever seen!

2017-03-31T16:31:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. We really appreciate being a part of your wedding day. Congratulations again!!!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Serena M

Very solid option for your wedding cakes! We got our groom's cake from Gambino's & asked to make it look like a huge fish! It looked great! The only small issue was when we had to increase the size for the guest count, we were told the fish couldn't be made larger, so a sheet... Read More cake had to be added below to accommodate the number. The sheet cake part did not have any of the filling the fish part had, so it didn't taste quite as good. But it was still a very good cake!

2017-05-25T16:20:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We would love to get professional pictures of the groom's cake. Yes, unfortunately, a sheet cake is a single layer cake with no filling. Congratulations!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Rachel W

Not only did my cake look beautiful, it tasted incredible! I did not have a super clear vision of how I wanted my cake to look, but they worked with me to create something even better than I could have imagined! I loved how many options they had with flavors and combinations.... Read More We also had the king cake extravaganza as our groom's cake, and it was such a hit! They were so amazing to work with, and I would without a doubt recommend them to everyone.

2017-05-25T16:18:35 Response from the vendor

Yeah!! We love to hear from our brides. Thank you so kindly for your lovely review. We appreciate your trust in us!!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Sabrina T

I'm so pleased we selected Gambino's for our wedding cake! We did tastings at two bakeries, including Gambino's, and the price was much more reasonable and the staff much more pleasant and easy to work with! I received numerous compliments on our wedding cake and groom's cake,... Read More which was a chocolate doberge cake. Another bakery told us they could not do any type of design on a doberge cake, but Gambino's was able to not only accommodate the design we wanted, but do a fantastic job. And did I mention the cakes tasted DELICIOUS?! 5 stars for Gambino's!

2017-05-25T16:17:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much!! We love to hear back from our newlyweds:) We appreciate you letting us be a part of your special day. Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Pattie W

My daughter was recently married in NOLA. We went to two cake tastings. It was a "no-brainer" when we chose Gambino's. Not only did they provide a great tasting experience, they created the most beautiful, and most delicious cake for her wedding! After attending weddings where... Read More the cake is pretty but plain tasting, I especially appreciated the fact that the cake was so moist and offered five layers of different flavors of cake and filling. (They also created a stacked King Cake for the Groom!). Thank you to Peggy and the bakers at Gambino's for their flexibility in working with us to make the cake of my daughter's dreams! Obviously, I highly recommend this bakery!

2017-05-25T16:15:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much!We appreciate being a part of your daughter's wedding! It is so kind of you to take time out to write us a review. We appreciate your confidence in us. Congratulations to your daughter and son in law!

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Sarah C

Great staff, and our wedding cake was the talk of the reception. It tasted as good as it looked. Also it was within budget which was just as important.

2017-02-22T12:05:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much!! We appreciate you taking time to write us a review. Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Ashley G

Our wedding was January 6, 2017. My cake tasted AMAZING!!!! Each tier was a different flavor and I was told my guest enjoyed and even had 2 slices. The top tier had my husbands family crest. Unfortunately, the crest fell OFF. When the crest fell it ruined each tier as it... Read More trickled down to the bottom. The third tier was not the correct size it was suppose to be much taller. BUT I only had a moment of disappointment.. the cake Taste amazing! I would recommend Gambinos just would not recommend whatever they did to make that crest.

2017-01-21T11:56:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write the review. I am glad you enjoyed the cake. I am so sorry about the crest. Do you know when the crest fell? When we delivered the cake, the crest was fine. I have a picture of the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Carita W

Gambino's cake was absolutely delicious. I loved it so much I decided not to save the top tier as planned, and instead just saved a small piece, because I wanted to eat as much of it I could now! The prices were extremely reasonable and they organized delivery themselves with my... Read More venue. I highly recommend!

2016-12-23T17:41:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so kindly for taking time to write us a review! Congratulations again on your marriage! We wish you health and happiness!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Bri N

Gambino's was such a pleasure to work with, and made the cake process incredibly easy for us. I planned the wedding from out of town, and they were very responsive by phone and email, and did not try to pressure me into anything I didn't want. The cake was delicious and moist,... Read More and looked so gorgeous. It was also extremely affordable. Highly recommend Gambino's!

2016-12-23T17:43:04 Response from the vendor

Congratulations again on your Marriage! We love working with destination brides and grooms. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we did. We cherish being a part of your special day!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jamie D

We purchased a unique King Cake Extravaganza for our New Orleans wedding. It is a 5-layer tower of King cakes with beautiful Mardi Gras decor. It was as delicious to eat as it was to admire. Thank you for making us such a stand-out cake!

2016-12-23T17:44:34 Response from the vendor

What a fun cake to celebrate your wedding in NOLA! We appreciate you taking time to let us know how we did. Thank you again for letting us be a part of your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Eleni K

Our wedding cake was beautiful AND delicious! Our doberge groom's cake screamed NOLA and we loved them both equally. Jackie-Sue was an absolute delight and her and the Gambino's team made our wedding cake dreams come true. Thank you so much!

2016-11-09T19:13:09 Response from the vendor

Awe. that is so sweet. Thank you for your king=d words. We are so glad you enjoyed everything. Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Corey N

Gambino's cake was absolutely amazing. The almond wedding cake with buttercream icing was so yummy! Our grooms cake was chocolate with chocolate buttercream and let me tell you, it was the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten. I even had a leftover piece the next day and it was... Read More still so moist and heavenly! The design on the wedding cake was intricate and perfect. Our grooms cake was Mike the Tiger and he was so cute! I would absolutely suggest Gambino’s to anyone!

2016-10-11T12:43:28 Response from the vendor

Congratulations again! We certainly appreciate you taking time to write us a review. Thank you so much for all your kind words!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Emile L

Our original cake vendor had to cancel due to the historic flooding in south Louisiana. We called Gambino's to see if there was any way that they could help out. Their staff was amazing. They were able to create the same cake that we originally wanted. Not only was the cake... Read More beautiful, but the taste was amazing.

2016-11-09T19:14:44 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that we could step in and help make your wedding day perfect.We appreciate you selecting us to make your wedding cake. Congratulations again on your marriage!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Mary Lou N

Both our wedding cake and grooms cake were delicious! The wedding cake was beautiful and exactly what we asked for. They took care of every detail and made our decision process simple and fun!

2016-10-11T12:44:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much!! We certainly appreciate your business. Congratulations again on your marriage!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Beth B

Gambino's took such great care and making sure that our very unique, Star Wars, Marvel, DC Comic wedding cake was absolutely perfect. The first thing I looked for at the reception venue was the wedding cake, and my very geeked-out wedding cake was exactly as I wanted it to... Read More look. The cake was beautiful and delicious too.

2016-10-11T12:46:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much!! Our decorators thoroughly enjoyed designing and decorating your wedding cake. We are very thankful that you took the time to let us know. Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016

I grew up having Gambino’s cakes for my birthday and other special occasions and knew that when it came to our wedding, I wanted to have a Gambino’s cake. But sticking with planning protocol, we lined up a few tastings and wanted to make sure we could get what we wanted within... Read More our budget. Our first stop and last stop was Gambino’s. The cakes are just delicious (we highly recommend the german chocolate cake). Jackie-Sue and the Gambino’s team worked diligently with us to get us what we wanted within our budget and the cake was even more beautiful than we imagined. They even worked with us wanting to make our own cake topper and helped us integrate that into the cake in advance to take it off of our plates. If the cake and service isn’t enough to convince you… walk into Gambino’s and take stock of their years of service sign, which recognizes staff that have been with the bakery for 57 years, 40+ years and 30+ years. Gambino’s staff is family, and you can’t go wrong with letting their family help celebrate the start of your new family.

2016-10-11T12:47:44 Response from the vendor

Your review just makes our hearts smile!! Thank you for your kind words. We love to make our customers happy. Congratulations again!! Come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Sarah F

Gambino's did a wonderful job on our wedding cake. They were very professional and easy to work with. Highly recommend their services.

2016-10-11T12:48:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!! Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Abby T

I chose Gambino's Bakery because I work at Mardi Gras World, and they supply our king cakes. Little did I know that getting my wedding cake from Gambino's would be my best decision EVER. It's month after my big day and I am still receiving text messages raving about how amazing... Read More my wedding cake was! I had the buttercream frosting with yellow cake. I know the bite my husband and I had was so good, and I can not wait to cut into it for our one year anniversary.

2016-10-11T12:50:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time to write us a review!! We really appreciate you taking time to let us know. We are so happy that you and your husband enjoyed everything.Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Susan K

Groom's cake - 5/28/16 - Gambino's just did the groom's cake for my daughter's wedding. It was exactly what we requested and on top of it it was delicious! The cake was huge, 24x24 so I figured we would have a lot left over, but there was only one piece. If taste is as... Read More important to you as looks, I highly recommend Gambino's.

2016-10-11T12:53:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us a review. We are so happy that you all were pleased with everything. Your celebrations are important to us.

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Jaime S

My wedding cake was beautiful! It was everything thing that I wanted and it tasted great!

2016-06-11T12:35:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We are so happy you enjoyed everything. Congratulations again!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Nadia O

The cake tasting was amazing! The staff was extremely professional and pleasant. The cake well exceeded our expectations. Our guests are still raving over how beautiful and delicious our cake was. Thanks for everything!!!

2016-06-11T12:42:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Congratulations to both of you!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Amanda S

We worked with Gambino's to create a unique wedding display of almond flavored petit fours for a tiered display with a 6" top layer that the groom and I could cut. It turned out amazing! Guests raved about the unique idea and the petit fours were delicious. The staff at... Read More Gambino's, including Jackie-Sue, were amazing to work with. I would definitely recommend them if you want great tasting traditional almond cake and they're great to partner with if you have a unique idea.

2016-06-11T11:43:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so kindly for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us a review. It makes our whole team happy when we get feedback from our customers. We love to help our brides create their vision. We wish you happiness and health... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Mary H

I cannot begin to say how amazing Gambino's was to work with. We had an non-traditional wedding and the team at Gambino's did everything to bring our vision to life. All I have to say is that they not only met our expectations...they far exceeded it! Our cakes are still... Read More talked about because they were so original and so delicious! I still go to the bakery often to get sweets from them for parties, showers, etc because they are always so helpful, accommodating and always a highlight for guests!

2016-06-11T12:38:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time to write us a review. We will share your review with our team . It makes our hearts smile when we meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

The cake was amazing. I showed them what I wanted and they made it happen. It was very affordable too.

2016-06-11T12:42:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much!! We appreciate your kindness!!

Gambino's Bakery