Joe Simon's Traditional New Orleans Jazz Band

Joe Simon's Traditional Jazz Band has been playing traditional jazz at New Orleans weddings for 40 years, including the past 25 years as the house band at Commander's Palace Restaurant. Let us add some real New Orleans music to your special day.

Jazz

Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music

New Orleans, LA (504) 365-0808

Great Reception

Reviewed on 4/08/2014 Amber T

We did our wedding with a ceremony in Jackson Square and a reception at Muriel's with about 50 people. Joe Simon Band played both the ceremony and then the reception. We hired Kinfolk Brass Band to play our second line. The ceremony and reception music was great and our... Read More guests gave us multiple rave reviews of our band and music. What impressed me quite a bit was how both our younger and older guests appreciated the music (quality music speaks to all ages), and the band seemed to be constantly in tune with the energy in the room and knowing exactly when to pick up the pace or slow it down. Joe Simon Band is well known in the French Quarter, and the band has earned a very strong reputation. What I think separates the Joe Simon Band from some of the other choices (and there is no shortage of great music in New Orleans) is their authenticity to the style of the city. These guys KNOW New Orleans jazz and are truly great musicians. If you want your guests to have a true New Orleans experience, I would highly recommend Joe Simon Band. The band seamlessly mixed a lot of great music, but most of our guests were coming from out of town... so having truly great and authentic music really set the tone for the whole evening. The band complimented our venue extremely well. Muriel's is a more intimate environment and having a jazz band in the corner that was personable and extremely talented made the whole event feel very warm and comfortable. In summary, if you are looking for a talented, guest friendly, and intimate feeling at your wedding, Joe Simon Band is an exceptional choice (AT REALLY REASONABLE PRICES). There are a lot of great choices in New Orleans, but I could not be happier with the way things turned out at our wedding! It was a truly unique and memorable experience for all!!!

Joe Simon's Jazz is the best - here's why...

Reviewed on 12/15/2013 samantha b

My wife and I got married at the Elms Mansion in NOLA last month (Nov. 2013). We were looking for a jazz band to perform classic, New Orleans-style jazz to complement the Elms' vintage aesthetic and our wedding's whimsical and fun garden party theme. From our first... Read More interaction with Beth, Joe Simon's business manager, and Vic, the bandleader - they exemplified professionalism of the highest degree. They were super-responsive to our requests - providing a detailed timeline of the musical schedule for the evening. They arrived to our wedding venue exactly at the time they promised and were set-up to go right after our ceremony. Their music set in the Elms bar was fabulous...Next, they played outside in the Elms gazebo during dinner. Then, they came back into the bar and played the perfect set to match the vibe and décor of the venue. And, to complete the evening, they led a second line through the mansion. Everything they did was perfect, and our guests all commented on how great the band was. They are so polished, with the most professional presentation. The second line was an absolute blast! Most newlyweds would be thrilled with this quality and level of service and attention. But I need to share a couple of additional things about this band which I believe makes them so special. For our wedding, they went above and beyond - a lot. Here's how... As a musician myself, I wanted to perform a few tunes to our guests with my college friends of 20+ years, and dedicate the songs to my wife. This was intended to be a special touch to the wedding and surprise to my guests. Being out-of-towners, my friends and I needed musical equipment to play electric rock music. Vic arranged for us to borrow gear from him and his bandmates. He was so attentive to this request, making sure I had exactly what I needed for my performance. I can't thank him enough. But, there's more. Our last tune we chose to play - our "show stopper" - required horns. Our band comprised of 2 guitarists, a bass and drums. Vic's 2 bandmates took the initiative prior to our wedding to learn the horn parts to the song, Paul Simon's "Late in the Evening." Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty! They joined us on this final tune, and did an awesome job...their horns added so much to our song, making it one of the most memorable moments of our wedding reception for me and all our guests. As my wife says, that was the moment that the energy level "kicked up a notch!" I cannot thank Vic, Beth and Joe Simon's band enough for contributing so much to our special day! It is no surprise that they have been the house jazz band at the finest restaurants in NOLA for so many years. I cannot think of a better choice for a wedding jazz band in NOLA!

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Christine M

Joe Simon's Jazz Band played at the reception for my daughter's wedding. They were amazing!! They greeted guests as they entered the reception place and everyone was blown away. The band members were so personable and friendly to everyone, taking the time to talk to guests.... Read More At the end, they lead a fabulous second line with the bride and groom and all the guests. We loved every minute of their performance!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Racheal S

We had our wedding on December 2 at The Ritz Carlton. The Joe Simon Jazz Band did an outstanding job!!! Everyone loved the band and didn’t want the night to end! If you are looking for a band, look no further! They are the best!!! Thanks again for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Michelle P

If you are looking to add elegance to your event look no further. This band was top notch and played beautifully throughout our reception. All of our guests felt this was the perfect touch to a true New Orleans evening. I cannot say enough about how easy it was to book and how... Read More great they were to work with. Much better than any of the more expensive options.

Reviewed on 5/20/2015

Joe Simon Jazz Band was the perfect accompaniment to our perfect night! We had a 50 person wedding held at the Bourbon Orleans St. Ann Cottage and we could not be more pleased with our band selection. We had age ranges from young to old and everyone raved about the band and... Read More the wonderful atmosphere they created for our reception. They play a wonderful selection of music that will keep your guests entertained and dancing throughout the night. He even surprised us with a little taste of home by playing "Back Home Again in Indiana." Vic Shepherd (bandleader) and remaining members were highly professional and friendly, and did a wonderful job creating the memory of a lifetime! We can't thank them enough for an exceptional evening and would highly recommend them for any event!

June 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Erin D

Joe Simon's Jazz band provided the music for my wedding. The musicians were very professional, showed up on-time, and played traditional New Orleans jazz music. They began playing about a half hour before the ceremony start time as guests arrived, played all of the processional... Read More songs for our ceremony, and then continued to play for the duration of our cocktail hour, including a second line parade! We sent them a list of songs about a week beforehand and they played everything exactly as we had requested. Listening to Joe Simon's Jazz band as I was getting ready to walk down the aisle was one of my favorite moments from my wedding day. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.