Unique Receptions

John Serock Catering of West Chester has quickly become the caterer of choice for brides and meeting planners throughout the Philadelphia area. Our team of seasoned professionals has an unwavering commitment to do whatever it takes in turning your dream vision into a remarkable one-of-a-kind event.

Cuisine

American, Indian, Italian, Middle Eastern, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

835 Lincoln Ave, West Chester, PA (610) 640-2836
INSTAGRAM

OUTSTANDING customer service and DELICIOUS food! These two brothers know what they are doing in this business!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 cassidy b

When I was searching for a caterer for our wedding I was looking for a company that stood out and had an edge above the other wedding caterers I've researched and I instantly found it through John Serock Catering. We met with John and he totally was professional, friendly, down... Read More to earth and excited about his company and meeting with us. John spoke about his company philosophy while we sampled their delicious food; we were hooked, we knew right then and there this company was going to caterer our big day! Over the months, we created our menu, talked about logistics of the wedding day, visited our wedding site together and narrowed down every last detail. Our final meet was with both, John and Jay, and they went over again everything about the day to make us feel comfortable and confident. These guys are honestly so easy to work with, fun and you can tell they are passionate about what they do - that truly shines through. Our wedding day was PERFECT! I know that is so cliche so say, but it's true and John Serock Catering was a HUGE part of this!! Our vision actually become our reality! I cannot say enough good things about this company; they truly went above and beyond! The food was fresh and tasty and honestly the best wedding food I have ever had. The staff was EXTRAORDINARY! They were SO attentive, lively and accommodating. So many guests were raving about the experience days after the wedding was over! John and Jay really have a unique company that supports your vision while adding a unique edge to it. We could not be happier with who we've selected - I absolutely recommend them! You will be WOWED!

Serock Catering

Reviewed on 10/19/2013

My husband and I live out of state, so my mom and sisters chose a caterer for us. We were very happy with their decision to work with John Serock. Everyone at the wedding complimented the delicious food (stations with salmon/steak, pasta, and vegetables). Even our foodie friends... Read More from California were impressed. John has done a lot of weddings and knows the area venues well, which made the day go smoothly. He even stepped in to store our cake for a few hours when a last-minute complication came up the day-of. The servers were quick and professional, and everything looked nice. We also appreciated getting food before the buffet line so that we could eat quickly and then make rounds to tables. The only (minor) negative feedback from us or any of our guests was related to the bartender service; apparently the person mixing drinks didn't know/made mistakes on some of the less common drinks that our guests ordered. This was still a very small criticism, in comparison to all the compliments, and could probably be prevented with better preparation on our part (list of suggested cocktails, etc).

Serock Catering

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Alicia C

John and Jay were both great to work with! We have vegans in the family and they came up with a great menu option that wasn't the traditional vegan meal that is so played out. They were also really flexible working with family style catering which really added to the ambiance... Read More that we wanted. They also assigned a staff member to make sure that my husband and I were fully taken care of during the busy day! We kept getting compliments on the delicious food and can't wait to work with them again!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Kristina V

Outstanding service! Rachael and Kristy the day-of planners are fabulous! Great with communicating! Rachael was a gem on the day of. We had so many wonderful reviews about the food! We are very thankful that our venue recommended us to you. You're the best around. Thank you for... Read More making our day the best.

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Alyssa M

Serock Catering was an absolute dream to work with! Cassidy was amazing to work with from start to finish.  She made the booking, tasting, coordinating and the day of a breeze. She made everything as stress free as possible.  The food was delicious, and the presentation was... Read More wonderful.  They even packed up a ton of food for us to take with us at the end of the night! The Serock staff and servers went above and beyond for us and our guests. We had a bridal attendant who was absolutely amazing and was always there throughout the night to get me and my husband whatever we needed. All of our expectations were not only met, but exceeded.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Kristy T

Working with Serock Catering was incredible! The planning process was seamless, and the whole wedding day went according to plan. From the pre-wedding day coordination to the placement of our décor, I knew that we were in good hands with Serock Catering. I was able to reach out... Read More to Cassidy whenever I had questions, and she was always very prompt and helpful with her responses (not to mention so sweet and nice to truly pleasant to work with!). The staff was extremely professional and attentive. Several guests and family members have since made remarks about how our food was the best that they have had. My husband's grandfather (who has been to 10+ grandchildren's weddings) said that ours was his favorite yet! The whole day was flawless on their part. We are beyond pleased with our choice of caterer!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Jessica C

Choosing John Serock catering was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We were initially skepital of the price, but after hearing about all the things they take care of on the big day, we found the price to be very reasonable. They took responsibilty for set up... Read More and cleanup, and we had special requests for the setup which they helped out with too. They had a good variety of linens and dinnerware to choose from for setup. We were able to bring our own alcohol to save money, but they provided all the mixers and bartenders. But of course the most important thing is the food, and we got rave reviews for both the appetizers and the main entrees from our guests. We chose a buffet setup, and there was plenty of food and variety to account for all our guests dietary needs. During the wedding, their staff were everywhere without being intrusive or noticeable. We met with our event coordinator early to choose everything and a week before the ceremony to make a final run through of the event. They also gave us online access to "Allseated" so we could arrange how we wanted the tables and choose our seating arrangement. Their package even included money for a cake from Master's Baker which also gave us lots of options to create what we wanted.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Reggie S

Delicious food and fantastic customer service! Cassidy was caring, responsive, and really great throughout the entire wedding process. Our wedding day would not have been anywhere close to as perfect as it was without John Serock Catering! Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Marisa P

We cannot BEGIN to express how happy we were with our day and the IMPACT Serock Catering had. People are STILL thinking and talking about the food. SOME of the comments … “I wanted seconds!” “The food was like NONE I’ve ever had at a wedding” “That was the most delicious... Read More meal I’ve ever had...AND at a wedding” “I couldn’t decide what I loved more”… I could go on and on. We had some pretty discerning guests who have their own design business and are pretty much over the top on taste and they could NOT stop talking about it too. You exceeded our expectations. Beyond the food… your servers were the most smiley, upbeat, lovely, complementary, helpful and anticipating of ours and our guests needs. You, of course, Rachael, led that charge and I cannot thank you for making our day so seamless and top drawer. I think the marriage of John Serock Catering w/ Duportail made it even more enchanting… it didn’t feel typical in ANY way and the guests were in sheer shock , joy and discussion about it….and still are weeks later! You worked with me throughout the entire process leading up to the wedding... answered the simplest of questions and accommodated the strange ones. The charcuterie was the buzz of the cocktail hour btw! Thanks beyond THANKS for an amazing day!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Marissa W

We chose John Serock for our caterer at Greystone Hall on May 12th. I cannot say enough what a perfect day it was thanks to John Serock and his staff. They all were so attentive to our needs throughout the whole night. I couldn't believe when I saw John himself in the middle of... Read More the night coming to my husband and I with beer and wine. John went above and beyond the call of duty and even stayed the whole night to help organize everything. Everyone has mentioned how perfect the food was. The cocktail hour was fabulous and even though we didn't try everything Friday, all the apps the next day were SO SO GOOD. All of our guests were raving about the seafood station, fish tacos, and lobster rolls. John made us a signature cocktail and infused the tequila with jalepenos a week before the wedding. The spicy margaritas with spicy salt were such a hit!! Not to mention the amazing dinner service. I have heard that the crabcakes were some of the best the guests have tried and I am pretty sure my uncle ate three portions of short rib. The deserts were amazing and the display was above what we even dreamed about. I really can't say enough positives about the day and the service. John was so attentive and answered all of my questions throughout the planning process and helped calm my nerves. I even had some special requests such as bringing wine to the older guests and giving my grandma soup and I saw the staff complete all of this at the wedding. I would choose John Serock 100 times over. I really cannot say enough good things about him, the service, and the food. John really made our day perfect and everything I imagined. We couldn’t have done it without him!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Heather V

Our wedding day wouldn't have been as amazing as it was without John Serock's catering services. The communication was great throughout the whole process and the quality of the staff and food was amazing. Our guests are still telling us how delicious the food was! Would... Read More definitely recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Morgan L

John Serock Catering was a dream come true. We had found them through our first venue choice, when it ended up falling through they were completely on board with the change in location and totally amazing through it all. The change in venue - despite having time- was stressful... Read More and disappointing, knowing though we would still have our first choice caterer was amazing. I thought choosing a caterer would be difficult due to my food allergies (gluten & nuts) and Cassidy & John were instantly on board with a totally gluten & nut free wedding, complete with gluten free chicken fingers, gluten free crackers, gluten free dessert table, gluten free corn bread, and to top it all off they made all my wedding cake dreams come true! A cheese wheel wedding cake. I had no idea how to pull it off, but I sent them a picture and they took it and ran with it and it was one of my favorite parts of the day. We even had a special request for a salad that we loved and they matched it exactly! They were willing to work within our budget, allergy restrictions, and Cassidy was so incredible day of and through it all. They ran with all my ideas & dreams. The team set up every decoration I had brought, setting everything up to as I had always imagined. (i had hundreds of candlesticks for them to set up! and WOW!! ) They were responsive through the whole process making it all completely seamless. I saw first hand how a great caterer would lead to an amazing wedding. The food was delicious and presented so elegantly, the staff on point, the whole timeline put together for us, they kept everything moving along all day, they worked so incredibly hard and the whole day overall completely amazing. It was perfect and we cannot thank them enough!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Janet C

From start to finish, the John Serock team was absolutely fantastic! I really feel like we hit the jackpot in selecting them for our wedding. Cassidy helped me SO much in planning our timeline and with all the preparations beforehand. We live on the West Coast so email... Read More communication was key in working out the logistics, and Cassidy was extremely responsive and answered every question I had so efficiently. She even worked around our very limited travel schedule for meetings. In terms of the actual day, Serock's team ROCKED! Rachel (our coordinator), the servers, and the bartenders went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we had a smooth and beautiful reception! From the set up (y'all, they know how to make a room look BEAUTIFUL), to the delicious food, to their professionalism and kindness, we were truly blown away. The price was reasonable and you get so much for the money. I would hire John Serock Catering again in a heartbeat! They are pros!!!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Holly N

When it was time to choose a caterer for our wedding, John Serock Catering was always in the front of my mind. I knew about the company, about John, and about the amazing service and food they provide. After we chose our venue, we realized we were “stuck” with an approved vendor... Read More list. Imagine my relief and excitement when I saw JSC listed! From the first appointment with him up until the wedding day, John and his team were so easy to work with. When I say the food is fantastic, it’s an understatement. Even the tasting itself was such a pleasant experience. John is extremely down to earth and yet still very professional. He truly cares about what he does, how he treats his staff, his clients, and every little detail about your special day. He helped with the logistics of the wedding day, our guest list and seating chart woes, and was an extraordinary help the day of our wedding. I was a bundle of nerves and stress the few days leading up to the wedding day, worrying that my “dream” wouldn’t pan-out, since I would not be in control of all the little details and decorations. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I could have cried when I saw how perfect everything was, how attentive his staff was, and of course, how AMAZING the food all was! I even made sure I sat down and ate BOTH crab cakes for dinner because I didn’t want to pass up such a good meal!! I need to also send a special shout-out to Rose, who was our “shadow” server for the day. She made sure my husband and I were always followed around with food, drinks, etc. She was super attentive and very nice. If you’re looking for a caterer and are considering JSC, STOP LOOKING! You’ve found your caterer!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Mandy W

We couldn't have asked for a better caterer for our wedding. Since the moment that I first emailed Cassidy, she was super responsive and accommodating. She ensured us that Serock catering would take care of anything that we needed and they fulfilled that throughout the wedding... Read More planning process and on our wedding day! From setting up our decorations, to helping make sure our day was on time, to some of the best wedding food I've ever had, Serock catering made everything perfect. It's been about a month since our wedding, and I'm still receiving compliments on how wonderful all of the food tasted. Thank you Serock catering and Cassidy for all that you did to make our wedding day so special!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Caitlin H

Set up a tasting & look no further! Kristy and the team from John Serock are true professionals in every sense of the word but, let me start with the food...PHENOMENAL. We were seriously proud of how amazing our wedding food was. Countless wedding guests from across the country... Read More told us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. I wish I had a plate right now! The appetizers were my favorite & totally won me over during our tasting - minis! We had mini lobster rolls, mini fish tacos, mini puffy pork tacos, baby burgers, mini hot dogs & margherita shrimp skewers. They were all so delicious and guests loved how there were more than enough for everyone to try a couple of each. We went with a buffet for the main meal, but it started with the tomato & mozzarella salad which was individually set at each guest's place. Our crab stuffed fish, chicken franchese, & cowboy steak (and awesome sides: tortellini, whipped potatoes & veggies) offered an option for everyone...but most people tried it all! Finally, a delicious cake was included from Master's Bakers along with tons of mini desserts by John Serock. Again, options for every taste! Next, the inclusions. Our choice of 4 different options of china & like 20+ linen colors...included! No upgrade charges - this is awesome! Finally, Kristy & the team! Their team not only set up all of our decor and worked with the florist to have the room looking even more beautiful than I'd imagined (and I was worried because I had a very specific vision)...they cleaned everything up too! I can't explain how happy we were about that. My husband and I thought we were going to have to stay late with our parents to get everything cleaned up and all of the decor we'd purchased out of the venue and into my car before we rode back to the hotel...Kristy said "no way!" She took my keys and loaded all of my decor into my car and left the keys with the venue for us to pick up the next day so we were able to get back to the hotel and just enjoy our wedding night with our friends & loved ones. I can't speak highly enough of John Serock Catering & Kristy. They went above and beyond and truly brought my wedding day dreams to life! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! -Jason & Cait P.S. ALL of this and they were the best price point of anyone we considerd. Seriously a home-run!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Katie T

The. Best. Ever. That's all I need to say! The food was unreal, our coordinator amazing, and people are still talking about how it was so good! I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Jennifer E

Once we went to our tasting and tried the food and met Kristy, we knew that John Serock was going to be our caterer. First - the food was absolutely amazing. From the pasta with shrimp and scallops to the short ribs and cauliflower mash - everyone raved about the food. The... Read More cheese and charcuterie board at cocktail hour was also a hit with all of our wedding guests. I didn't get to each much of it, but Kristy placed a small plate of cheese at our sweet heart table for me since she knew my love of cheese! Which leads me to Kristy - absolutely amazing!! I am the bride who asks way too many questions and Kristy answered every single one of them without hesitation. She was super helpful when I asked for suggestions. On the wedding night, she was there every step of the way making sure we were eating, drinking, having fun, etc. She was truly great to work with and we knew we were in good hands from the moment we met her. Also, the wait staff were very professional and really nice and fun. We are so happy with our choice of John Serock Catering. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding caterer with good food and really great employees.

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Sara D

If there's one vendor who was most responsible for my wedding being as perfect as it was, it was John Serock Catering, and specifically our coordinator, Kristy. As the first of my friends to get married, I had no idea what kind of things to watch out for, and I might have... Read More hired a planner if we had the money, but once I met with Kristy I didn't feel the need to. She was such an incredible wealth of of knowledge and experience, always willing to answer my questions, and generally was able to fill in the gap between my expertise and the level of expertise required to plan the perfect wedding. She thought of everything and was always several steps ahead of me, both during the planning and at the wedding. The food was delicious. I had one guest (who is a huge food snob actually) say it was the best catered meal he ever had (and he's had very many). Of course we had so much fun picking out our menu, and it really felt like we were able to express ourselves with our selections. One of the best things about the day was that we actually got to eat our food! From the cocktail hour through the seated dinner and buffet dessert, I don't think we missed anything. They assigned a couple of folks to come and check on myself and the groom throughout the day, and bring us food and drinks, so we were thrilled that we avoided the trope of not getting to eat your own wedding food. Kristy orchestrated the timing of the meal and toasts to ensure we even had a few minutes to sit and eat our main course, which was just so nice and very appreciated. All in all, my wedding came off more perfectly than I could have anticipated, and absolutely NOTHING went wrong. (My MOH confirmed this, actually--there wasn't even anything they kept from us while they dealt with it.) I credit Kristy and the catering team with this feat--they really were THAT thorough and prepared. And although it was the most expensive part of the wedding by far, it was worth every penny to have it go so smoothly. THANK YOU to Kristy and the rest of the team for such an incredible job!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Jacqueline G

We cannot begin to explain just how pleased we were with the services for our wedding from John Serock. From the start, John and his team were responsive, attentive, organized, and professional! John worked with us to stay within budget, and to design a menu (food and drinks)... Read More that suited our needs. We knew from our tasting that our guests were in for a treat, but come wedding day, we were blown away! Our guests are still raving about the food, stating it was the best meal they've ever eaten at a wedding (coming from two, large, Irish and Italian families, this is a TRUE compliment!). To top it off, the dinner, bar, and wait staff were superb, catering to our every need. John even came out to check with us to make sure everything was to our liking! We will be recommending John Serock Catering to all our family and friends!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Allie D

If we did one thing right with our wedding, it was hiring Serock Catering. When we chose Serock, we knew that we selected a quality caterer, but Cassidy and the team exceeded our every expectation, from communicating closely with us on special menu options for guests with... Read More dietary needs to helping us design the layout of the room to courteous service on the night of the event. Most importantly, the food was delicious: our guests came up to us throughout the evening to compliment us on the delicious chicken, beef and vegetarian options. We’ll leave with this one anecdote: when our liquor ran dry early in the evening, Cassidy sent a server to the store with her personal debit card to make sure that our guests had drinks. That’s the kind of attention to detail and care you’ll get when you choose Serock for the most important day of your life, and we’re grateful we got it.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sandra R

It has been three weeks since we've been married and we can't thank Serock Catering enough for making our day deliciously perfect! Everything from the beautiful cocktail hour and exceptional service (we had a plate of apps and a drink before we even stepped foot into the gardens... Read More for cocktail hour thanks to the lovely Kristy!, not to mention her great detective work in busseling my gown) We knew that our foodie guests as well as everyone else would be amazed by the great food and they were! We got so many raves about the braised short rib as well as the salmon we were served during dinner! Thanks to Serock we were able to bring amazing high quality food and service to a beautiful venue in Lancaster, PA and had the time of our lives without worrying about a thing! Kristy and John were understanding of various dietary needs throughout our guests and catered to every need and desire we possibly had and then some. Everything was flawless and without Kristy's managing skills my husband and mother in law and I would have gone mad with stress and aggravation! None of that here, just a happily married bride with nothing but great things to say about Serock! Use them for your big day, you will not be disappointed and neither will your guests when they get to eat fun delicious food that is anything but your "typical" wedding food! Cheers!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Emily M

My husband and I really felt like we hit the jackpot with John Serock Catering. We feel so fortunate to have been able to work with Cassidy with Serock for our wedding day on September 23, 2016. You may find amazing food at many catering companies across the Philadelphia region,... Read More but Serock adds an unparalleled commitment to customer service. From the moment we walked into their West Chester office for a tasting, we were greeted so warmly and quickly bonded with Cassidy. Throughout a year of getting to know Cassidy, it felt like we were working with a close friend for our wedding day. She was the go-to person for all of our vendors during our wedding day. She ran the show. And my wedding guests noticed! They asked me, "Who was the blonde woman at your wedding? She looked so calm and organized!" And that's an understatement. Cassidy is so attentive and doesn't limit her role to "caterer". She found me in the bridal suite before the ceremony and asked how she could help. She instantly began helping set up decor. As for the food on our wedding day, everything was such a hit, from the passed appetizers to the entrees to the grilled cheese station at the end of the night! Our guests couldn't stop telling us how good the food was. As bride and groom, we were treated like royalty by our personal server. We never had an empty glass or had to look far if we needed her. We know without a doubt that our wedding day would not have been anywhere near the same without the service of Cassidy and the team at Serock. Thank you so much for making our day!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Catherine C

John Serock Catering provided exceptional service at our wedding at The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs. From fixing my cake, to anticipated a crazy fluke of a heatwave, their service was fabulous. Numerous guests came up to me to comment on how the meal was the best they... Read More have ever had at a wedding. We could not have been happier! Thank you Cassidy and John Serock Catering for helping make our wedding an amazing one!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Danielle D

My husband and I recommend John Serock Catering with the highest review! The staff was incredibly friendly, hard working and meticulous to detail. This is a business that will most likely exceed your expectations... our wedding reception was fantastic as result of our investment... Read More with John Serock! Our guests raved about the delicious food and impressive delivery of service.... we are so happy to have worked with them and would hire them again in a heartbeat! This is a crew that you can trust to host an incredible event with delicious food you will continue to crave :)