Your Wedding Ceremony - Your Way!

We are a non-denominational ceremonial ministry service made up of skilled, joyous & engaging officiants who create ceremonies centered around your specific wishes. With full appreciation of the uniqueness of each person we serve, we craft your ceremony based on your beliefs, style & personality.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement

Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

Jenkintown, PA Philadelphia/South Jersey (215) 663-8980

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Kelly I

Our officiant was Maria Odilia Romeu and we could not have been happier with how she officiated our wedding (and also how she prepared us for our wedding day). My wife and I are both somewhat perfectionists - the type of people who research and read a hundred reviews before... Read More committing to anything - and we met with many officiants before working with Maria. What initially caught our attention was her warm, calming presence, and also her seriously organized and professional way of discussing wedding plans. That first impression became a lasting reality, leading all the way up to the wedding day. Maria made sure we were right on schedule every step of the way, from writing our personal stories, to writing our vows; and her calmness and eloquent demeanor really made our ceremony stress-free, I'd say even zen-like. I think my favorite aspect to Maria's style is how much effort she puts into personalizing the wedding story. She really took the time to get to know us, to craft and tell our story in a way that matched our personalities, was genuine, and provided just the right amount of humor. In other words, nothing felt "scripted". In fact, so many of our guests described our ceremony as being "inspirational" and we have to give Maria full credit for that! Something else that one of my groomsmen pointed out, and it's very true: Maria makes the wedding about YOU, about the beloved couple. My best man said, "She gets out of the way," and though that sounds funny, what he meant is she didn't dominate the ceremony. The bride and groom is always the center of attention. I've noticed in a lot of weddings the officiant will be in the center and often the guests are paying more attention to the officiant than the bride and groom. Maria makes an effort to stand next to the couple (not between them) and holds the microphone up to them in such a way where it is not intrusive. I know this sounds a bit difficult to imagine (it is hard to explain without seeing it), but the point is that Maria does all she can to make the day YOUR special day. I should mention that our wedding was somewhat spiritual, but non-denominational. Maria could clearly do any type of wedding - religious, spiritual, or not - and I think it would have the same inspiring, warm, and joyous vibe. It's been just over three months since our wedding and out of all the moments in the night, it's the ceremony itself we keep going back to, keep remembering with nostalgia. It's the most important part of the night -- and I am so grateful we had Maria's guidance and expertise. It was perfect, thanks to her. Chad & Kelly Wedding: 03/24/2017 Venue: Hotel Du Village, New Hope PA

Reviewed on 5/16/2016

My husband and I are not very religious, but still wanted a personal and spiritual ceremony. We selected Diane as our officiant and were so lucky that she was available! She was a perfect fit for us. We meant with Diane via Skype to learn more about the process and her... Read More experience - we booked her right after that call, because it was clear that she is a true professional with a true passion for wedding ceremonies. Not to mention, she has so much experience - she's seen and dealt with it all! She sent us a rough draft of our ceremony with options built in for us to choose from, such as unity ceremony options, reading options, etc. There were multiple options for almost every aspect of the ceremony script, which gave us the opportunity to customize it. Among these options were over 30 different vows that my husband and I mixed and matched to create our individualized vows that said exactly what we wanted to say to one another (without the pressure of having to completely free-write our vows). Diane totally knows what she is doing. For example, she taught us how to take the rings and put them on each other in a seamless way. She stepped aside and whispered the vows in our ear so that the focus would be on us saying the words - and we were able to look at one another the entire time instead of at a paper. Before the ceremony, she talks to the DJ, the wedding party, and anyone reading at the ceremony to ensure that everyone is informed about their duties and on the same page. We were continually impressed by Diane. Many of our guests told us throughout the night that it was one of the most beautiful and personal wedding ceremonies they had ever been to. That it had felt like us. It was truly magical- such a wonderful memory. Thank you for everything, Diane! Highly, highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Jenny R

Eve was absolutely wonderful! From the moment we met her, she was so warm and inviting. She described her services as being very flexible and accommodating to however we wanted our wedding to go. That said, she assured us that she’d share many ideas with us so we didn’t have... Read More to come up with everything from scratch. She shared tons of readings, ways to do vows, ways to exchange rings, how to integrate the story of how we met, and suggested transitions for one part of the ceremony to the next. She integrated the couple of religious traditions we wanted, and suggested ways to begin and to end. The final result? Eve helped us create an INCREDIBLY beautiful and touching ceremony. I had many of my friends and family come up to us, completely unsolicited, and the first thing out of their mouth was how beautiful they found it to be. One of my husband’s friend commented, after he heard my husband say his vows, that even HE was ready to marry him My cousins (who were much more religious than I) also commented on the loveliness of the ceremony which was a huge complement. My mother-in-law described it as a wonderful mixture of humanism with religious traditions mixed in. She loved it. My parents did as well. Thank you so much Eve for such a great and memorable experience.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Sam B

Worth every penny! We had Kipp as our officiant and he really took the time to know our back story and personalize the ceremony to us. During the reception we got so many compliments on Kipp and the ceremony itself. How light hearted and beautiful it was. I couldn't be happier.... Read More Thank you Kipp!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Jessica B

I cannot possibly gush enough over Amy. My husband and I are both Jewish, but we aren't religious and wanted a spiritual ceremony that was about us and love, and not about religion. Amy delivered in spades. Our guests were so touched and there may not have been a dry eye in the... Read More place. Many told us they have never been to a wedding where they felt so emotionally invested in the ceremony. It set the perfect mood for a perfect evening. Thank you, Amy!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Katie L

Eve Wenger from Journeys of the Heart was our officiant at our wedding. I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about Eve! From our very first meeting we felt so comfortable with Eve, and we knew we had to look no further! She is so kind, warm, and caring, and she went above... Read More and beyond to make our ceremony everything we wanted. It was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined! We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful our ceremony was and how incredible of a job Eve did! She kept in touch all throughout our planning process and was incredibly detail-oriented. She made our ceremony so personal and was always very respectful of our wishes. She was so easy to communicate with, and we thoroughly enjoyed working with her from beginning to end! I wish I could give Eve 10 stars!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Amy O

Looking back on our wedding day, the ceremony is 10000% our favorite part of the whole day, and that is thanks in very large part to Maria Odilia! She was such a joy to work with that day and in the months leading up to it. From the first time we met her, we just knew that it... Read More was the right fit. She has such a peaceful and calming energy, which for me is exactly the presence I needed during this huge event! I can't say enough about the energy that emanates from Maria; it imbues her every word with so much comfort. She spoke so beautifully with us, for us, and about us during the ceremony. We were a little nervous about how our families (Catholic) would react to the service, but the praise has not stopped! Many have told us it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever witnessed! Maria worked with us to make the ceremony perfect for us, but it's not just the words- it's how they are delivered, and she has an incredible gift in that regard. I will probably never stop singing Maria's praises. I just feel so grateful that we found her, she helped us have the wedding ceremony better than we could've dreamed!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Sophie S

Amy Edelstein did an amazing job with our ceremony. We met her for a lovely dinner and she really listened to us and asked great questions to get a good sense of our relationship. She had lots of great ideas for a inter-faith ceremony, and helped us expand on ways to include... Read More both Jewish and Scottish traditions. The ceremony she put together was absolutely beautiful and really felt like us. On the day she did a wonderful job and many guests remarked (and continue to say) how great the ceremony and officiant were. Thank you again, Amy! You did everything we hoped for and more!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Missy T

Journeys of the heart was incredible to work with. Our officiant Maria Odillia met with us and was genuinely interested in our love story and in crafting the perfect ceremony for us. We could not be more happy with the ceremony. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Kim B

Our Officiant was Bob Pileggi on 08.12.17 at the Smithville Inn. We first met with Bob back in December of 2016. My husband and I are not particularly religious, so Bob was able to provide us with both a spiritual and personal ceremony. Bob took the time to meet with us for... Read More several hours to hear how we met, our goals, how we pictured our ceremony etc... Within 30 minutes Bob had his laptop out and was smiling and taking notes as Dane and I joked and giggled about our love story. What drew us to Bob was his sweet disposition and kindness. You knew from the beginning that he had a strong attention to detail and wanted to create a touching and beautiful ceremony for us. Bob came up with several wonderful ideas on how to make our ceremony truly personal. We each filled out a questionnaire about each other and heard these words for the first time during our ceremony. We also had a wine ceremony that tied into not only our love for wine and wedding theme, but our engagement was at a winery in Chianti, Italy. He also included a section where we held hands and reached out to each other representing our first year in a long distance relationship. He took the time to create multiple options for us to choose from for the ceremony. The day of our Wedding, the ceremony was beyond beautiful with touches of comedy that made our guests laugh. We had family and friends come up to us after the ceremony and asked if we previously knew Bob because they had never witnessed a ceremony that was so personal and told so much about a couple. After the wedding, Bob e-mailed us photos that he took of the venue as well as a recorded audio file of the ceremony. I was so touched that he did that and continued to give us solid advice to strengthen our marriage over the years. Bob is truly a wonderful person who spent so much time making our ceremony unique and memorable. I highly recommend Bob from Journeys of the Heart for your Officiant needs. Thank you, Bob for making our day so special.

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Janine G

Susanne is a pro. She made everything run very smoothly, she eased all of our concerns. She worked with us to make our vows so personal and so us. Our guests loved her and we did too!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Amy W

Our officiant was Bob Pillegi. He officiated our wedding on May 13th at the Reading Country Club and he did a BEAUTIFUL job! We were very pleased with Journey's of the Heart and Bob in particular. We first contacted Journey's of the Heart because of a friend recommendation.... Read More Journey's of the Heart was quick to respond and send me a link to see profiles of the officiants in my area. It was really great to get to read about each one and get to know them a bit. Because of this we were able to make a list of our top 3 that we would like to meet in person and go from there. We only met with one officiant, Bob, because right away we knew he was a great fit for us! He had great humor and a genuine love for his work that was very obvious. He was very helpful when it came to creating our ceremony and offered a lot of helpful input and tips! Wedding day he met with each of us (bride and groom) individually and helped to calm our nerves and give us tips as well. He was very patient and loving and we were so grateful for him!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Marielle S

Eve from journeys of the heart provided us with the most beautiful ceremony. Many people have told us it was one of the most personal, heartfelt ceremonies they have ever witnessed. My husband & I come from different backgrounds (Catholic & Jewish), but are not very religious... Read More ourselves. We really just wanted a highly personal ceremony that told our love story, while blending in some traditions from our different backgrounds. Together with Eve, we crafted an absolutely beautiful ceremony! We met with her in person once, and had unlimited e-mail communications with her. She made sure we were 100% happy with our ceremony before our big day. Eve is very warm, and we were drawn to her because of her bio on journeys of the heart's website. We are so happy with our big day - thank you so much Eve & journeys of the heart!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Alyssa L

Gabby, our officiant was awesome. We had concerns about making our interfaith ceremony work, but she made the whole process of creating and going through our ceremony so easy. She even gave us an idea of a memory wine box, which we put a bottle of wine that we like a lot and... Read More letters to each other, to open on our 1 year anniversary. The ceremony was beautiful and Gabby did an excellent job making it very personal. We loved the ceremony and even got numerous compliments from guests for how personal and beautiful it was.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Meredith C

Susanne was incredible! From the very beginning she was easy and lovely to work with. She crafted the most beautiful ceremony for us, including messages from family and friends that we got to hear for the first time during the actual ceremony. She was so calm and helpful the... Read More day of. We even forgot out marriage license and she went back and waited for us to finish our family pictures and then worked with my dad to get it all squared away.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Melissa H

We received dozens of compliments about how amazing our ceremony was. Despite our nervousness, David Braneky kept everyone calm and comfortable throughout. He helped make our ceremony perfect and catered to our specific requests. David and a coworker wrote a beautiful planting... Read More ceremony that was perfect for our zoo wedding. The ceremony was personal, unique, and left few dry eyes!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Tarah W

Susanne was fantastic as our officiant for our wedding day. She worked tirelessly to ensure that we were happy with our customized ceremony. We customized the ceremony literally from start to finish, and she provided all the readings from her vast collection. She also was great... Read More managing the family at the rehearsal and day of the wedding. We would highly recommend Susanne for anyone who would like to customize their wedding ceremony and still have meaning, tradition, and/or fun on their special day.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Kylee R

Our officiant was Eve Wenger, and she was so fantastic! Eve was wonderful to work with, and she made our whole experience really great. We loved how personalized our ceremony was! Eve had so many different readings, vows, and all sorts of ideas for us to pick from. We received... Read More many compliments from out guests as to how lovely our ceremony was. We both highly recommend Eve!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Danielle S

When we were planning our wedding, I had an exact picture of what our ceremony would be like, very heartfelt and also a little silly, something to capture us as a couple and our relationship as a whole. Finding the perfect person to help us create this without charging us an arm... Read More and a leg was the tough part, until we met Eve Wenger at a bridal show! Eve was amazing through the entire planning process; she made sure that our ceremony was exactly what we wanted, no matter how many changes or edits we sent her. Our guests are still talking about our ceremony and how personalized it was and how it beautifully represented us as a couple. I would recommend Eve over and over again to anyone who is in need of an Officiant.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Harry J

We couldn’t be more pleased that we chose Jim Haley for our June 4 wedding. I am Catholic, but not active in a local church, and my husband is not religious. For this reason Jim’s background (former RC priest) was appealing to us. Jim was kind, professional and extremely easy... Read More to work with. We coordinated via email at first and then Jim offered to meet us for coffee in between our homes. My husband and I were both pretty shy at the thought of public display of affection so we were a little nervous about the ceremony but meeting Jim just put us right at ease. He asked us a series of questions about our relationship and took copious notes. He very quickly turned around a draft ceremony. We went back and forth over email a couple of times with minor updates, we talked through the timeline for the day, and then the next time we saw him was at our ceremony—“easy peasy”! Jim gave us a beautiful, sincere and personalized ceremony which included an Irish handfasting (a nod to my heritage). We received a number of compliments from our guests—men and women—that it was one of the best ceremonies they had ever been to and asking how we knew Jim. The price was extremely reasonable (ironically this service was the most important yet least costly) especially for the value that we received. We would definitely recommend Jim to others and can’t thank him enough for the great work he did for us.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Rachel K

I worked with Kelly Fuddy from the Lancaster PA area. She was absolutely amazing. We met in person first before we booked her because we wanted to make sure we made a connection with her. As soon as we started to talk, I knew I wanted to book her. She was the sweetest woman... Read More ever. We talked about the ceremony and what we wanted. I had some suggestions that Kelly never had done before and she was all for it. I loved how she let us kind of create our own wedding ceremony instead of the typical ones. She was always so nice when planning our ceremony and would always let us have a say in things. She sent our outline of what the ceremony would be like just to make sure it is what we wanted. We wanted our ceremony to be VERY personal and she made it exactly how we wanted it. She said a back story of us and even threw in some jokes throughout which make us and our guests laugh. I even had 1 group of guests come up to me at the reception saying, "I have been to weddings over the past 40 years and your ceremony was by far the best one". The one thing that I loved about Kelly is how professional and personable she was. I felt like she was someone that I could just have coffee with and chit chat with. After the ceremony was over, she gave our coordinator a packet of things which told us the next steps to do (name change, etc). She also printed out everything that she read at the ceremony which I absolutely loved because during the ceremony I was so excited that at times I forgot the ceremony was actually going on haha. I only worked with Kelly from Journeys of the Heart but I am sure everyone else at the company is just as amazing. I could not recommend them enough! She was such an honor to work with.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Christina E

All I can say is amazing! Bob Pileggi was our officiant. He was so prompt with replying to emails. He allowed us to create a beautiful and personal ceremony from scratch. He was so helpful and guided us along the way. During the ceremony Bob kept everything so organized and we... Read More were to relaxed knowing Bob was taking care of us! If you want a ceremony that is unique and perfect to you as a couple, look no further than Journeys of the Heart. And Bob Pileggi is amazing!! You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Tarin R

We used Journeys of the Heart - specifically Bob for our wedding in Philadelphia. It was such a wonderful experience and I have to say I think it was my favorite part of the planning process. He gave us questions to fill out about each other (not showing the other person of... Read More course) and crafted a wonderful, personal ceremony. He has an extensive amount of resources that help you develop the feel of your ceremony but still make it your own. Our guests really loved it and we have gotten so many compliments. Bob was very quick with his communication and gave us all the direction we needed. I cannot recommend Bob more - he really made our day so very special!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Kristyn K

I used Journeys of the Heart for my wedding day and I am so glad I did. Our officiant, Bob Pileggi, was amazing. We met with him one time when we were first looking for an officiant and then kept in touch by e-mail throughout the wedding planning process. Family and friends... Read More asked if we had known Bob for a very long time due to how personal the wedding ceremony was. The ceremony was all about us and I couldn't imagine how it could have been any better. Bob really listened to us and got to know us as a couple and made sure our ceremony showed that.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Megan W

Bob Pileggi was so easy to work with. After our first meeting, we knew he would create a beautiful ceremony. Bob was responsive, encouraging, thorough and helpful in creating a truly unique, personal ceremony. Many guests commented on how our ceremony really reflected our... Read More relationship and personalities. We are so thankful we had Bob to create our perfect ceremony. We would recommend him to anyone !

Diane Hoban-Smith

When we email or talk on the phone, I might ask a lot of questions about your wedding planning, but I will also do a lot of listening. The more I know about you, your background, your beliefs, and how you envision your ceremony, the more wonderful your celebration will be. I will answer all your questions and help make a great plan to connect you with the perfect officiant. Email me at [email protected] or call 215-663-8980, and we can chat and set up your no obligation consultation with the officiant of your choosing!