JOURNEYS OF THE HEART Ceremony Officiants

Philadelphia/South Jersey

Your Wedding Ceremony - Your Way!

We are a non-denominational ceremonial ministry service made up of skilled, joyous & engaging officiants who create ceremonies centered around your specific wishes. With full appreciation of the uniqueness of each person we serve, we craft your ceremony based on your beliefs, style & personality.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Nondenominational, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

Ceremony, Wedding

Jenkintown, PA
Philadelphia/South Jersey

The most beautiful part of our day!

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Amanda B

Susanne W. from Journeys of the heart was the most amazing part of our day! But what made her so incredible was that the warmth and kindness started from the first time we contacted her. We live in Florida, but planned the wedding for Pennsylvania, which made our process a... Read More little different. But I didn't feel for a second that we were slighted the opportunity to connect with her. She was available anytime for a phone call or email and had fun and sweet ways for us to give her "our story" where she really listened about the two of us but also our family and friends. She crafted our ceremony along with us and gave us many ideas and examples to use. We were able to bring in ideas that we had and make each second so special and personal. As she spoke she brought about so much emotion and really was passionate about what was important to us. So many of our guests said that it was THE MOST romantic and sweet ceremony they had ever been to. We felt that we knew her forever. After the ceremony she even stayed to wish us off and mingle with a few guests, making her even more like family. We would recommend Susanne over and over again! But you would be so lucky and blessed to work with anyone.

Susanne Wilson is the best!

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 Brooke V

Susanne was our officiant and offered options (not an overwhelming amount) to guide us and help us figure out our vows. She was amazing. Our vows were very personal and meaningful thanks to her.

Diane is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Robyn R

We were very fortunate to have Dianne Smith-Hoban officiate our wedding. We met her at a punk-rock wedding expo and her positive personality drew us to her. Throughout the whole process she provided guidance and offered great suggestions for the ceremony, including wonderful... Read More options for vows, and you can tell that she genuinely cares. We incorporated many of her recommendations into our non-traditional wedding and it was really beautiful. On the day of she came prepared with everything to make the event stress free, which is what you want in a vendor on days like that, and was great at making sure everyone involved knew where they needed to be. She handled all of our guests with great care and her positive, friendly and caring personality shined through during the ceremony. We can’t recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 11/29/2015

We were so pleased with our ceremony last Saturday 11/21 that was officiated by Eve Wenger. Our guests raved about it as well. I am a believer that things happen for a reason and Eve was very accommodating and attentive from our first interaction which was reassuring after the... Read More unfortunate situation with Sam. We really liked that we were able to walk away with a copy of our official ceremony including the vows that we wrote for each other. Thank you again for connecting us with Eve. I would definitely recommend Journeys of the Heart and Eve in particular to others. She helped make our day extra special!

Reviewed on 11/28/2015

Susanne Wilson was the officiant at our wedding, and she was AWESOME!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. Journeys of the Heart has several officiants on their website to choose from, but after reading all profiles, there was something about Susanne’s that stood... Read More out, and was just so genuine and sweet. My husband and I had the same good feeling after meeting with her so we decided to book her immediately. She was everything we could have hoped for in an officiant and more. I don’t even know where to begin because there are SO many amazing things to say about her. Susanne is so genuine, sweet, articulate/well spoken, responsive and just a beautiful person inside and out. Work was really crazy for my husband and I with travel and everything so we kind of waited until the last minute to work on our ceremony, but Susanne was so patient with us and has such a calming way about her, it’s hard to explain, but she just had this way of making us feel like everything was going to be alright without actually saying that. Susanne had many great ideas and samples for us to choose from for the readings and rituals, but we think her best idea of all was when she offered to reach out to our closest family and friends to weave their words and stories into the ceremony. We were obviously able to review the ceremony beforehand, but took her advice on being surprised with the words from our family and friends and are so glad we did. It was so nice for us to actually get surprised with something on our wedding day. We were so incredibly moved by this, as were all of our wedding guests. Our guests actually thought she was a longtime friend because she came across like she knew us for years. It could have been the sincerity in her words and her delivery. She brought everyone to tears with the ceremony she put together for us, and over 2 months later, people are still talking about it!! Susanne, if you’re reading this, we want to tell you how appreciative we are to you. Our ceremony would not have been as lovely as it was without you. I could seriously tear up thinking back at how special you made that whole experience for us, and I’m not an emotional person. You really have found your calling in life and are so very talented on so many levels. We wish you the very best and want you to know what a true pleasure it was getting to know and work with you. We hope you continue doing this for years to come because we would love to have you for our baby blessings and to marry our children! You will always have a special place in our hearts!

Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Mark H

My husband and I were so happy with our officiate, Eve Wenger. She communicated well through out the whole process and fine tuned our wedding ceremony with the feedback we provided. She is such a warm and caring individual. So much so that I felt inclined to hug her as soon as I... Read More met her. Everyone at our wedding raved about what a good job she did. I would highly recoomend her to anyone.

Wedding Officiant

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Katie J

Journeys of the Heart were just so great to work with. The whole process was easy and you could tell our officiant, Wilson, genuinely cared for how important the day was. He delivered our ceremony beautifully and so heartfelt. These people are just perfect and would recommend to... Read More anyone looking for an officiant.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Krista o

I got married over 4 years ago and came across this review and decided to write because Maria was wonderful! She led a beautiful wedding ceremony and was very thorough and organized. I definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Justine A

We chose Bob P. for our officiant. Bob was awesome to work with. We really appreciate how amazingly flawless the ceremony went. We have received so many compliments about how sincere and moving it was. Thank you for helping us create such a beautiful and loving ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Chelsea A

Eve W. officiated our wedding on 09/12/15. It was totally last night minute. Journeys of the Heart got back to my fiancé and I very quickly

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Susanne Wilson was our officiant and she did a WONDERFUL job. Susanne is a beautiful person and she really took the time to get to know us and our relationship so she could craft the perfect ceremony for us. My husband and I are not religious, but I have quite a few Catholics in... Read More my family, so we wanted someone who would be able to create something that we loved and could get behind, but that would also resonate with some of my more traditional family members - and Susanne did that perfectly. Many guests (including some of the religious ones!) told us it was the most beautiful, heartfelt ceremony they had ever been to! We couldn't have been happier with our ceremony - thank you Susanne and Journeys of the Heart!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Kristen J

After having a near catastrophe after our first officiant was less than nice & helpful.. Journeys of the Heart came to our rescue. Kelly Fuddy was our officiant. And I could not find enough words to sing her praises. Extremely nice, polite, friendly, welcoming & completely about... Read More making our day special. She was not pressuring, very organized, and was always there for either of us if we had a question. During the reception we received so many great comments on our ceremony and our officiant.. People who haven't cried in years have said there was not a dry eye in the house! She was spectacular at the rehearsal. Very calming & completely on top of things. Kelly Fuddy, from the bottom of our heart, thank you. And everyone who is looking for a non-denominational wedding that encompasses all your wants and needs should most definitely look into this mission. Kelly's values are what made our day the best it could be.

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Devon M

Bob Pileggi created the most beautiful ceremony for my husband and I. You can really tell Bob loves what he does. We wanted a personal ceremony that really made our family and friends feel apart of the union. The entire night and days following our wedding we had people... Read More coming up to us saying how much they loved our ceremony and were wondering how we found Bob. Everyone loved how personal our ceremony was and we had many guests share how emotional the ceremony made them feel. I am so happy we chose to officiate our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Melissa M

We chose Journeys of the Heart and are so happy that we did! After looking through profiles, my husband and I decided we would like to meet Bob Pileggi and learn more about him to see if he would be a good fit with us. My husband and I felt very comfortable talking with Bob and... Read More he seemed really interested in us and in helping us create our ideal wedding! Bob helped us create a beautiful ceremony that included personal readings, a rose ceremony, as well as many more personal touches. After our wedding, my husband and I received numerous compliments telling us how beautiful our wedding ceremony was. Many people even thought Bob was a good friend of my husband and l. Bob really showed an interest in us and being part of our story and are so happy we found him! He was always available through email or on the phone! Would definitely recommend Bob as well as this company to other couples looking for a unique and personalized ceremony.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Renato U

Journeys of the Heart was great to work with. From the beginning, the process is clear and easy. We worked with Bob Pileggi, who we highly recommend. Bob was so wonderful to work with. He took the time to really get to know us, worked with our schedules, answered all questions,... Read More and even helped us organize our wedding guests to kick off the ceremony. Bob is so open to customizing the ceremony to reflect the relationship and is full of suggestions. He also has a wonderful calm presence, which is definitely appreciated the day of the wedding! Our guests are still raving that is was the most beautiful ceremony they have attended. Thank you Bob and Journeys of the Heart!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

Eve Wenger was fantastic! We were looking to have a non-religious but spiritual wedding ceremony that was truly meaningful to us as well as to the wonderful people in our lives who have supported and cared for us. As a gay couple, we wanted our ceremony to have a traditional... Read More flow, but with components that really were personal and meaningful to us. For this to occur, we needed a very special and talented officiant, one we found in Eve … from Journeys of the Heart. Any concerns we may have had about creating the perfect ceremony were eliminated after meeting with Eve. It was obvious from the start that Eve truly wanted to get to know us and to work with us to create a ceremony that reflected what we desired. It was perfect!! Words will never be able to express how grateful we are to Eve and how thankful we are for Journeys of the Heart for making our wedding ceremony everything we had hoped for. Michael & Ron May 30, 2015

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Sean M

Selecting the officiant for our ceremony was one of the hardest things to choose since it is someone you haven't met that is speaking about your love story. We chose Bob Pileggi as our officiant and we couldn't be any happier! He managed to make our ceremony extremely heartfelt... Read More and special. We told him our whole love story and he incorporated it wonderfully in a very creative way. We decided against writing our own vows because we thought this was cheesy, so instead Bob had us email him answers to a couple questions which were our "personal comments" about each other and we were not to show it to the other person. He read it for us at the ceremony and we heard it for the first time along with our guests. It was a beautiful idea as it was an easier way to express what we wanted about each other, without reading it ourselves and potentially crying the entire time while trying to speak! It was the best part of the ceremony and my guests also really appreciated how we shared this special moment. Bob is an extremely kind person and this showed through in his words as the energy around during the ceremony felt very warm. Our guests mentioned that the ceremony was very sweet and the words spoken were creative and had a magical touch. He even made an audio recording of our ceremony so that we can listen back to it when we want to remember the day! I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer

Reviewed on 6/20/2015

As my family is devoutly catholic (my cousin is a priest), and my wife was raised in a Jewish household, we were really struggling to determine how have a personal wedding ceremony without stepping on any toes. Thankfully, we found Journeys of the Heart and Gabrielle... Read More Kaplan-Mayer. Gabby helped us to craft a ceremony that included traditions from both religions, while still keeping it an officially non-denominational ceremony. We worked with Gabby almost a year in advance to hand-craft and customize the ceremony draft, leading to a number of friends and family complimenting us afterward, saying how personal the ceremony felt. Gabby brought a very calming and peaceful presence to our big day, which when you're in my shoes, you'll definitely appreciate during the last two hours leading up to the big moment. She and our wedding coordinator even managed to troubleshot and fix a last minute inconvenience, as my wife’s step mother requested a different wedding entrance that we originally scripted. Gabby was truly fantastic and definitely helped to make our wedding one-of-a-kind! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Susanne was Delightful!

Reviewed on 4/03/2015 Emily M

Susanne Wilson has such a glowing personality. I don't think she ever stops smiling. She worked closely with us to put together our ceremony. Thank goodness she did, we were clueless. We did have some ideas which Susanne was able to expand on and create a beautiful experience.... Read More Our guests have complimented her profusely! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!

Bob - forever grateful MOB

Reviewed on 3/30/2015

If I could give 10*s I would. As the MOB I always envisioned a church ceremony by our minister. Nope, daughter had other ideas. After my initial tantrum, I sat back and let the kids take charge. They picked Bob P. Of Journeys of the Heart and I can honestly say -- They... Read More knew best and I was wrong. Bob was perfect. He connected with the bride and groom at their core and made their service meaningful. He even touched base with them after the wedding to encourage them to read their vows routinely to each other. Still after six months friends are stopping me and saying this was the best service EVER!

Perfect for Any Ceremony

Reviewed on 2/24/2015 Alexandra G

My husband and I really wanted a nondenominational wedding ceremony that we could customize without straying too far from a more traditional event. Our officiant, Heidi Minich, was an amazing guide for us. Incredibly kind, patient, and knowledgeable, she helped us through each... Read More step of the marriage process. Heidi was very respectful of our wishes and needs for the ceremony and provided my husband and I with so much relief about our nerves for the big day. She was able to provide us with a script for the ceremony weeks beforehand so we would know exactly how everything would flow and we were able to make edits up to the last minute. I am sure other members of this organization are just as skilled and attentive as Heidi was and can provide you with a perfect ceremony. I truly cannot say enough for how highly I would recommend Journeys of the Heart!

Gabby is great! Loved journeys!

Reviewed on 1/10/2015 Kelley K

We did not do a church wedding though we wanted our ceremony to be spiritual and personal. It ended up beyond our dreams! We met with Gabrielle and discussed our vision and she made it come to life - we went back and forth on a script and she was so fantastic. Everyone at... Read More journeys was great. The amazing thing is there are so many officiants to chose from. We chose gabby because she seemed like a great fit for us- and she was! Everyone still RAVES about what a great ceremony we had. I would hands down recommend journeys and gabby!

Wonderful Wedding Officiant

Reviewed on 1/07/2015 Michelle B

We were married on August 23, 2014 and Susanne Wilson from Journeys of the Heart was our officiant. Deciding to have Susanne officiate our wedding was the best decision we made. My husband and I clicked with Susanne the moment we met her. Susanne is kind, sweet and has a... Read More beautiful heart. We weren’t sure what kind of ceremony we wanted, but Susanne helped us create a ceremony that was truly ours and represented our “love story”. She gave us plenty of ideas and examples of wedding rituals, readings and poems to choose from in order to create our ceremony. Susanne was always available if we had any questions or ideas we wanted to discuss, and we were in constant contact with Susanne throughout our wedding planning process. Many of our guests asked us how long we have known Susanne because the relationship that we had built in less than a year felt more like a life-long friendship. Our guests all loved her, and said our ceremony was the most romantic and heartfelt ceremony they had ever been to. There aren’t enough words to describe how wonderful Susanne is, and how special she makes your day. Thank you Susanne from the bottom of our hearts for helping us create our wedding ceremony that we will remember and cherish for the rest of our lives.

Maria Odilia is simply amazing!!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Allison L

Given our different religious backgrounds, my wife and I wanted to use a non-denominational officiant to preside over our ceremony. A friend recommended that we look up "Journeys of the Heart." After spending some time on the company's website researching their officiants, we... Read More decided to setup an initial meeting with Maria Odilia. When we first met Maria Odilia, we were immediately put at ease by her very calm and comforting personality. What's more, we were very impressed by how prepared she was for our meeting. Without having officially selected Maria Odilia as our officiant, we felt as if we had already made considerable progress planning out our ceremony during that initial meeting. We immediately knew that we wanted to work with her. Throughout the next few months, we corresponded via email (she is very responsive) to plan the details of our ceremony and she always made us feel totally in control. Ultimately, we knew we had made the right choice when our ceremony rehearsal went beautifully thanks to Maria Odilia. On the day of the wedding, she informed our wedding attendees how the wedding ceremony was going to unfold and we were amazed by the number of compliments we received from our friends who said that our officiant was "simply amazing." Simply put, Maria Odilia is a very effective communicator, has extensive experience which we could tell she utilized often, and is an absolute pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MARIA ODILIA!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Karen S

They were very courteous and answered all of my questions and concerns. Jim Haley did our ceremony. He was wonderful to work with and did an excellent job on creating the perfect ceremony. Would highly recommend!