A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

1521 Bergen St, Brooklyn , NY

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Carly J

My Husband and I hired Erin Jean of Jove Meyer Events to be our day of coordinator at our wedding. We are both designers, so were very specific about everything from table settings, flowers, miscellaneous things that needed to be set up. Erinn nailed everything! Even the last... Read More minute late night pizza delivery request at our after party. I would 100% recommend hiring Jove Meyer Events. They are responsible, responsive, and genuine people. We knew from day 1 of meeting them, they wanted our wedding to be a success.

Jove Meyer Events

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Courtney C

Fantastic job on month of/day of wedding planning. Made sure everything ran seamlessly, coordinated with the venue, helped us stay organized and right on schedule, raised critical issues that we hadn't thought about, ensuring all the vendors were on the same page.

Jove Meyers Events are amazing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

The only bad thing I can say is that 5 stars isn't enough for Jove Meyers Events. My wife and I live in Chicago but she's from Brooklyn so a wedding in New York was the plan. After months of trying to do it ourself we realized we needed help. After a few weeks of looking we... Read More came across Jove. Immediately we knew he was going to be a partner in our wedding. He called it "our wedding" and he meant it. My wife instantly loved him and he took action. You don't know what a planner does until you see it all come together. We've all witnessed planners at weddings, offer they are intrusive and a bore, often unliked. The absolute opposite with Jove, my family and friends loved him and his team so much that I think they are in the family pictures now. Not just the wedding ones, but we've added him to pictures from the 1980's, my high school year book, etc. Lol. I can't say how much I appreciate Jove. Jove and his team took care of us & everything. Not only coordinating 3 caterers, a food truck, flowers, transportation, he even made sure we stayed hydrated and fed. As important Jove made sure we didn't pay for services he provided that we didn't need, saving us on the budget. He was honest and fair at every turn. Jove took my very anxious wife, on a very anxious day and immediately put her at ease as promised, he delivered. We couldn't have had the perfect wedding without Jove. He was absolutely right "our wedding" was perfect. We love Jove! If you are planning a wedding do yourself a solid and call Jove Meyers Events. If it's where you start it will be where you end up. He's amazing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Jove was an invaluable participant in our wedding planning and execution. He maintained a true focus and created a thoughtful plan while maintaining a light and playful manner. He was responsive to our phone calls, considerate of our ideas and progressive in his own designs.... Read More Jove was particularly advantageous on the day of the wedding, managing to integrate the menagerie of last minute details that invariably arise during a major function into a joyous and harmonious event.

Smooth sailing with Jove Meyer

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Katie L

I met Jove when I was working for a bakery in Brooklyn. He has such a warm and energetic personality and I knew that when I started planning my wedding that I wanted to hire Jove to be my "day of" planner. Jove is WONDERFUL. Incredibly detail-oriented, organized, no-nonsense... Read More and hilarious to boot. I connected with him a year before my wedding date to lock him down for the day. He then followed up a couple of months before our wedding with a detailed spreadsheet to complete that covered all of the vendor details and contact info. A month before the big day he met with my husband and me to have a detailed planning session. We covered everything from décor for the venue, to the wedding party, to music, to what I can only describe as basically a minute-by-minute schedule for the entire day. VERY detailed and incredibly helpful. Jove was such an important resource the two weeks leading up to our wedding. He confirmed all the vendors, gave everyone their schedule and timelines, set everything up at our venue, put out any fires that happened and didn't tell me if any fires had happened (brides, you don't want to know!). He kept everything moving smoothly all night, gave all of our other vendors their tips, collected all of the décor items and gifts and brought them back to our apartment at the end of the night. He basically did everything I didn't want to do and didn't want to rely on semi-inebriated bridal party, friends or family to remember to do at the end of the night. I HIGHLY recommend working with Jove. He's wonderful and very connected to the NY/Brooklyn wedding community. By some crazy coincidence, he knew and had worked with both our photographer and DJ in the past. Which was magical. Having a team of people who know each other and work well together was such a relief.

Prospect Park Boathouse September Wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Caitlin U

Our day of coordinator was Marilys Colon from Jove Meyers Events. To say she went above and beyond the day of our wedding would be an understatement. Marilys had to handle many out of the blue emergencies, not to mention multiple vendors while making various indoor/outdoor... Read More changes because of the weather. She supported us in having the wedding outside and we are still so thankful that we were able to make that happen. She kept a smile on her face the entire time and kept everyone's nerves under control when things were unexpectedly challenging. Leading up to the wedding she was more than helpful and made herself available to walk through any questions and put our minds at ease. We planned most of the details ourselves, but having Marilys there to execute our vision made all the difference. I would highly recommend Marilys to any Brooklyn bride.

The Absolute Best

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Lindsey N

I really can't imagine what our wedding would have been like without Jove. In addition to being terrifically organized and super knowledgeable, he is just an awesome guy to be around. Our wedding involved a lot of moving parts, since we were working with a venue that had no... Read More in-house vendors. We had three food vendors and desserts from five different places! Amazingly, everything went off without a hitch. I am a very "diy" type of individual, but no amount of Googling can really prepare you for the number of questions that will come up when you are planning a wedding. Jove has a ton of great tips if you want alternatives to "traditional" wedding customs, though I could see him being a great fit with any type of wedding. His services are worth every penny. Whether you want to have a 500-person fete at the Museum of Natural History or 50 people on a Brooklyn rooftop, do yourself a favor and hire Jove! I can't recommend him highly enough.

Jess and Dan's Wedding

Reviewed on 8/15/2015

Jove and Marilys were extremely organized and on top of every detail. They helped us plan out the schedule of our wedding day in meticulous detail, all while maintaining a calm and relaxed demeanor that kept us from stressing out too much in the days leading up to the event. We... Read More especially appreciated their flexibility and willingness to accommodate our work schedules, meeting with us at our apartment on a Friday evening and taking our FaceTime calls late at night. They were also great at working with the other vendors and making sure everyone was on the same page. We never had to worry that we were forgetting about some detail because they were on top of everything. Beyond just logistical help, they provided many helpful suggestions on decor and other details, which was a real bonus. It rained on our big day and Marilys switched gears seamlessly and implemented our rain plan without a hitch. Many of our guests commented on how polite and professional Marilys was and how well the event flowed. The level of service was what I would have expected from a company charging 5 times more. I would recommend Jove Meyer Events and Marilys Colon to anyone looking for an event planner.

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Kim W

When your daughter chooses a wedding venue in Brooklyn and all you know about Brooklyn is the bridge...CALL JOVE!!!! My daughter's wedding gives new meaning to every fantasy come true. There was not one fight, only lots of laughing and lots of tastings and lots of emails and... Read More lots of driving to Brooklyn. But, being with Jove who is so brilliantly creative, calm, and can handle a high maintenance crowd without even a blink of an eye is just PURE TALENT!!!!! Go see our pics on Jove's Instagram...the chuppah of 1300 roses is not to be believed. JOVE IS A GENIUS!!! We love and adore him and every vendor he recommended was just amazing! Our TEAM JOVE was PERFECTION!!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Elizabeth T

Where do I even begin with JOVE...it was love at first (SKYPE) sight. I live in Chicago, from NY, and was about to plan a wedding in Brooklyn. I knew I needed a wedding planner, and what I got was not only a wedding planner but an artist, a decorator, a visionary, a FRIEND! Jove... Read More helped us pick out every vendor we used, from photographer, florist, DJ, and the AMAZING food trucks. He provided choices for each vendor based on our "vibe" (a word he must have gotten sick of me using by the end), our budget, and taste. Jove visited each vendor with us, helping us to make the right choices, and I am 100% THRILLED with each and every choice we made. After picking the vendors, Jove helped bring the "vision" to life with the design and the structure of the day, truly making it a dream come true down to the very last minute and bite of grilled cheese! I can not say enough how highly I think of Jove and his work, and thinking of more events we can plan together!

Glad to have found them

Reviewed on 4/29/2015

Although we handled most of the big-ticket item planning for our wedding, we needed help finalizing details, coordinating everything with our various vendors, and generally bringing everything together in the last month before the big day (as well as coordinating the wedding day... Read More itself). Jove and his team were recommended by our photographer -- they brought a nice cheerful energy to the process but were also very professional and focused on details (we talked over existing ones but they also encouraged us to think further about additional things that might come up). Jove and Erin (the planner who worked with us directly) met with us a month before the wedding to talk about the wedding generally, learn about all the different planning pieces and come up with a detailed schedule. As we got closer to the wedding, Erin took over communications with the vendors and the other "logistical" aspects of the wedding so that we could focus on other preparations. Erin and her assistant Ann were both with us on the day of the wedding - we had a stress-free day and knew things would be taken care of. (This is a boring review, but that's because everything went as planned and they were very nice to work with.)

Amazing planning experience!

Reviewed on 3/25/2015 Laura B

Jove was incredible in every step of the process- from planning, to budgeting, to recommending and connecting us with vendors. He was also amazing on the day of the wedding- ensuring we worried about nothing and that all went smoothly! We recommend him highly!!!

Green Building Wedding in February 2015

Reviewed on 3/23/2015

SPECTACULAR is the word for the February, 2015 wedding of our daughter and (now) son in law at the Green Building in Brooklyn. Jove was the mastermind. We were concerned about planning a wedding from Minnesota with guests traveling in from all over the US and foreign countries,... Read More but Jove and his staff were the perfect team. They understood our budget, recommended great vendors---caterer, hotel, DJ, photographer, florist, lighting, etc.---managed the year long planning process skillfully and dealt with all of our stress points as they arose during the year. And, Jove nailed the day of the wedding. It was perfect and our daughter and son in law were so happy. And that made us happier. We had a lot of fun with Jove and our kids on this journey. So, we have a year of good memories capped by the whirlwind event itself. We are still fielding "Kudos" from family and friends who enjoyed the wedding. We highly recommend Jove and his team and we look forward to planning (at least) one more wedding with him.

Took on a challenge and conquered

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Jennifer R

I got married on Pi day. I gave Jove quite a bit of a challenge when I asked him to help me with the day of the wedding planning. My wedding was a star wars/Chinese/Italian/Jewish themed wedding with the reception being at a Chinese banquet hall where many of the employees did... Read More not speak English. Jove took on the challenge with a smile on his face and made everything meld together seamlessly on that day. I really don't know what I would have done without him. He knew his way around almost every tradition and item we needed to have at the wedding and the ones he didn't know he sought the help of his nerdy colleagues to assist him. He made pulling off a 200 person multi-cultural wedding with a very difficult language barrier seem like a breeze. I cannot recommend Jove and his team enough. Even though I only hired him for day of services, he made sure that I knew that I could rely on him for the duration of my planning and especially the month before. Jove, thank you so much for a job really well done.

Best decision we made!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014

Our wedding photographer Isabelle Selby recommended that we use Jove Meyer because they had worked at a few weddings together, and we are SO glad that she did. Naturally, a few months before the wedding we realized that there were too many small details in the planning of the... Read More wedding that we didn't have the time or the knowledge to really handle. We could line up the venue, vendors, payments, etc, but the actual timeline of the wedding day and how everything would run seamlessly from one thing to the next seemed like a big mountain to climb. Enter Jove. After an initial phone call, Jove met with my fiancé and I for two hours and went over the wedding planning with us. We decided to use his day of/month of wedding coordination service as we had already lined up several vendors. Jove is a great guy, and obviously very detail-oriented and organized. A week before the wedding, we did a walk through at the venue with Jove and at that point we felt really at ease that everything would go perfectly. Basically, with Jove's assistance, everything DID go perfectly. I could list all the little things that Jove took care of on the day of our wedding, but I guess that's the point. There were so many little practical things that by themselves were simple but there were A LOT of them. Things you don't even think about until they happen. Jove was on point and took care of all of them, leaving us free to have the best night of our lives. Do yourself a massive favor and hire Jove!!!

Hip Planner + Expert Day-of Coordinator

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Laura L

We hired Jove Meyer for full service planning and coordination for our wedding in Williamsburg. We were initially drawn to Jove's style - he wasn't like the million other wedding planners you can hire in NYC and we didn't want our wedding to be like a million other NYC weddings.... Read More We knew we wanted our wedding to have a Brooklyn flavor and Jove fit with that perfectly. His rates were great too. Jove just got us. He knew the look & feel we were going for for our event right off the bat. One of his greatest strengths was hooking us up with other vendors who were just right for us. After meeting us and getting a vibe for our personalities, he knew exactly which venue, photographer, videographer, caterer, DJ, and make-up artist would put us at ease and mesh with our aesthetic. He knew who would work together well as a team. He made the contract process easy with everyone (and got us some good deals too). He met & emailed with us countless times in the year leading up to our wedding, but knew when we just wanted space to do our thing too. Jove absolutely wowed us as a day-of coordinator. I had zero stress or worries about everything happening as it was supposed to. There was not a single snafu or detail that I had to deal with and I know from after the fact that it wasn't like there weren't glitches - it was just that Jove handled them behind the scenes like a pro and kept them from distracting us from what was really important that day. He did everything I asked him to do; anything I didn't ask for, he made the right decision for me. He and his assistant made sure we had everything we needed all night, including food, water, and drinks in our hands - they even went to our apartment to grab sneakers for my husband after he got a blister from his wedding shoes! After the event they took care of everything - we ran off to the after-party and came home to a clean apartment with all our decor packed up and an adorable photobooth pic of the two of us stuck to the fridge. Basically all you need to know is that Jove is a total pro, he works with pros, and he's worth every penny (and it will be fewer pennies than other planners in the area).

Jove is the Best

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Alyson P

I reached out to Jove on the Knot right after getting engaged in January of 2013. I got married October 2014 and Jove was with me every step of the way. I contracted Jove for full service planning and it was the best decision I made. Jove found exactly the venue, caterer,... Read More photo/video, florals, dress designer, everything I wanted. He made the process so easy and seamless and even helped me brainstorm last details, All while respecting my point of view, keeping totally calm, and making it fun. The day of, omg, everything worked out so smoothly. We took the subway to the venue, with our whole wedding party, and photo/video in tow. Jove planned out the whole morning schedule, had his assistant (amazing) help set up photos while we were getting ready, carry our things on the subway (and with a smile and in heels - seriously the best) and when we got to the venue, everything was GORGEOUS. Like better than expected. Throughout the night if there were any issues, i didn't know about them, which just shows you how amazing Jove is. he also (extremely considerately) kept the bridal room at the venue stocked with snacks, put out my lipstick and perfume for touch ups, and had drinks in there for my husband and i to enjoy if we wanted to slip away from the crowd for a minute. Solidly the best. My mom loved him, my grandmother thanked him personally for how amazing the wedding was. It was everything I could've dreamed of and more. Thanks Jove for everything!!!!!

Thanks Jove!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Jordan R

Hiring Jove was the best decision we made in wedding planning. He got us the perfect venue when it was still totally unknown, introduced us to great vendors and got us good deals, and has excellent taste. Cannot recommend him strongly enough.

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Dana K

Jove was like a little planning angel sent to us from heaven. Our wonderful planner went on maternity leave and hooked us up with Jove for month of coordination. He was professional, detail oriented, soooo funny and just an all-around pleasure. He was always prompt and very... Read More responsive through email. Day of he kept everyone in line and me sane which was most important; his assistant was lovely as well. The wedding went off without a hitch. If you’re looking for someone to take charge he’s your man. Cannot say enough good things about him; literally felt like working with a good friend.

Jove Makes Weddings Better

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Tim M

We used Jove as our month/day of coordinator. As many brides will relate, I was a hot mess the month leading up to our first meeting with Jove. There were too many details to organize and coordinate on my own, while managing work and life. Once we met with Jove, he took on every... Read More little detail, asked all the questions we didn't know to ask, and I had all the faith in the world that he would take care of us. And he did, right down to the minute. Not only is Jove professional and punctual, he is fun. He has good energy, and he's a positive person. He makes people happy, and that's a major bonus. Our guests felt completely taken care of because Jove managed our wedding like clockwork, he was friendly, and I knew I didn't have to worry about anything, because he was already on it.

Marilys saved our wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Araminta A

Marilys and Jove came in during our last month of wedding planning. We were needing some extra help with our venue and needed reinforcements! However, we quickly realized that we needed Marilys for so much more! She provided us with such peace of mind on the final lead up and on... Read More the day of our wedding. On the day of our wedding, 30 minutes before our ceremony was due to start, the heavens opened and the most powerful thunderstorm erupted! Family members were starting to get alarmed and panic, but Marilys expertly navigated the switch to our indoor plan in the reception space. There were so many challenges on the day-of, and she shielded us from them so all we had to do was focus on enjoying the moment. A particular talent she has, besides being very cool in the face of stress, is her incredible ability to deal with some very difficult people and smooth over any challenge that comes up. She was invaluable and probably the best investment we made in the whole budget! If you are not sure you need a day-of planner, I would say you DO! Get one. It will save you and your fiancé so much stress and you will feel so much more confident and relaxed going into your special day. I would highly recommend Marilys and Jove Meyer events - and if I ever do any other events in the future, they will be the first call I make!

Jove is THE go to event planner!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Whitney B

Jove was one of the main reasons that our wedding went off without a single hitch. He was there every single step of the way on the day of the wedding and he was instrumental in keeping everyone organized in the month leading up to the big day. His team is professional and... Read More is there to make sure everything falls into place and troubleshoot accordingly. Jove is very creative and has a particular eye for detail. His suggestions and guidance really made our wedding come alive in a way that wouldn't have been possible without his expertise. He was a true joy to work with and I can't recommend him highly enough for any type of event. I know that I'll definitely be tapping him again for future events.

Wedding Day of Coordinator

Reviewed on 7/13/2014 Jarrod S

Jove acted as our Day of Coordinator for our wedding at the Wythe Hotel and was absolutely fantastic. My wife and I are very organized and were somewhat hesitant to hire a Day of Coordinator and thought we were prepared for the wedding. We know that having Jove's help was a... Read More big part of what made our wedding day run so smoothly. We were allowed to enjoy the day and not be bothered with any day of logistics. From our very first meeting, Jove impressed us with his thoughtfulness and organization. His execution on the day of our wedding was flawless. Jove was always very professional, unruffled by any unexpected happenings, and was constantly working behind the scenes. In fact, he did so many special, over-the-top things that were decisions he made indepently that we will never forget. A couple examples: -He located and coordinated an unused loft hotel room that allowed us to take spectacular sunset photos with the NYC skyline. The timing was absolutely perfect and pictures are incredible. -To our surprise, he set up our hotel room beautifully for when the night was over (flower petals, flower arrangements from the party and candles). We would highly recommend Jove!

Flawless Execution for our Shabby Chic Wedding

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Fazillah P

Thank goodness for JOVE!! We couldn't have asked for a smoother wedding day thanks to him. Both my husband and I are very hands on people, but from our first meeting with Jove we could tell he was a pro at his trade and it gave us a lot of comfort to trust him to help execute... Read More such an important milestone. We initially hired Jove as our Day of Coordinator, however as we only had 4.5 months to plan and both of us have very demanding work schedules, we quickly realized we couldn't do everything ourselves and decided to hire Jove to help source a few important vendors for us as well. He nailed it!! Especially the florist and photo booth. We didn't even know what our flowers looked like until we got to the ceremony (now that's trust), but he took our vision and executed right on point to make it all come together with sheer perfection! The most important part of working with Jove is we got to enjoy our day with our loved ones without worrying about a single detail. From the ceremony, to the luncheon reception, to the after rooftop party...everything was flawlessly executed...and exactly what we had envisioned! Would "totes" ;) recommend Jove if you are looking for a Day of Coordinator and need help sourcing vendors for your wedding or other important milestone event. Mr & Mrs Durante

Wonderful Experience - highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014

Hiring Jove as a month/day-of planner was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. Jove was extremely professional, organized and, on top of that, fun. He listened and made helpful suggestions, kept us on track with timing, and made the entire... Read More wedding planning experience much less stressful and easier to navigate. Jove was not only a key part of organizing our wedding, but it was also a true pleasure having him there. We had a fabulous experience with Jove and would highly recommend him.