Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

1521 Bergen St, Brooklyn , NY

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Danielle D

Jove is a rockstar! He was uber prepared throughout our process and so much fun to work with. We felt safe in his hands, which says a lot since we used his services for day-of (month of) coordination and trusting someone to pull of your hard-earned vision is scary! We highly... Read More recommend Jove Meyer Events for his precision, attention to detail, and creative eye.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016

We worked with Jove and signed on for his Partial Planning package for our wedding this June, and we couldn't have been happier with the decision. Getting married in a raw space in Brooklyn, my husband and I were really concerned about all of the moving pieces for the day, and... Read More how the wedding would come together in the end. At every step, having Jove's help and counsel assuaged our anxieties. He helped us choose and manage four of our most important vendors and Jove's impeccable taste and wedding expertise was clear throughout the process! He was patient with many an annoying e-mail and answered all of my questions no matter how minor. Jove's team was also stellar on the day of - everything went off without a hitch and the space looked beautiful. We are still getting compliments from our family and friends about everything! Would highly recommend Jove and his team!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

Having never been married before, I didn’t know what to expect. I had heard from friends that it was very stressful, but totally worth it. From the moment I met Jove on the phone, I knew it didn’t have to be stressful. We started working together almost a year and half before... Read More the wedding, and he timed everything perfectly. Jove has an excellent arsenal of wedding vendors. It can be overwhelming to choose the perfect photographer, florist or DJ. Jove really read my husband and I well, and curated the most talented team. My husband and I tend to shy away from the camera. With this in mind, Jove recommended a photographer that suited us perfectly, aesthetically and emotionally. The flowers were out of this world. They literally took my breath away. And, the DJ created an epic dance party. We have not stopped smiling since the wedding. Jove has an incredible ability to tell you exactly what you need to know. Nothing more or nothing less. I am sure there were many stressful scenarios, from coordinating vendors to managing strong and conflicting opinions. We never caught wind of any of it. Particularly, the weekend of the wedding. We also had the pleasure of working with Jove’s intern, Sloan. The two of them really made the weekend flawless. Starting with the welcome dinner, they anticipated what we needed before we knew what we needed. We wanted the weekend to be filled with warmth and love, and Jove and Sloan made sure every single person felt that way. We are a pretty colorful couple, and this was definitely the happiest and most colorful weekend of our lives.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016

Jove Meyer is the most amazing event planner I have ever encountered. From our first intro meeting 15 months ago, Jove set the tone for warmth, fun, beauty and incredible organization...without any of us feeling the stress or pressure. I honestly have never worked with someone... Read More who is both extremely professional and also inclusive and calm. Jove never misses a beat. He masters the major framework and every little, insignificant detail from initial planning until the last guest leaves the wedding. The best part about Jove and his intern, Sloan, is that they made my daughter, her fiance and me feel comfortable, supported and truly pampered at all times. I don't know how they did it, but the entire wedding process was joyful for all of us. Jove also has impeccable taste and takes his lead from the bride. He knows how to step in and step back (he never steps back, but no one realizes he's executing every move flawlessly). Work with Jove. It's as far from "work" as you'll ever experience.

Reviewed on 5/20/2016

Weddings can be stressful, especially the planning. However, we minimized our stress by hiring Jove. Not only did he touch base with us prior to the wedding often to make sure that we were on track but he gave us so many ideas on things that we would never have thought of. And,... Read More on the day of the wedding and reception, Jove and his assistant essentially made it so we didn't have to think or worry about anything. Everything went so smoothly and it's in no small part to Jove's help. You can't go wrong with choosing Jove if you are considering a wedding planner!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Alexis G

I am obsessed with Jove. He came highly recommended by our photographer. We first met him at a bar near our apartment so he could get to know us. After that, every single vendor recommendation he sent us was spot on. Jove has immaculate taste and the most unique ideas. He... Read More compiled a serious dream team of Brooklyn vendors who were all beyond talented and so much fun to work with. The day of the wedding, Jove was a machine. Everything went off perfectly. Literally nothing went wrong (at least that I knew of....). Jove made sure every detail was perfectly executed. It was the best night of our lives and we have Jove to thank for that. We're strongly considering a very elaborate 1st anniversary party just so we can have another excuse to work with Jove Meyer Events again....

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

Jove was the absolute best. As a groom (and as you can imagine), my role was constantly in flux as my future wife took on a majority of the planning initiative. That being said, from the very beginning, Jove made sure to interface, connect and get to know the both of us and our... Read More dynamic. This went a long way in gaining our trust and respect, and he was able to translate it all to enhance and develop the ultimate vision of our wedding. He understood each of our sensibilities immediately and blew us away with how on point his reco's were - from design to vendors, from planning to execution - all while being a complete pleasure to be around. So much so that my wife and I went through a hangover phase when we realized that we wouldn't get to hang with him as much post-wedding. Now, I've never been married before, so my basis for comparison is somewhat limited, but I left my own wedding ecstatic at how well it all turned out, not being able to imagine how (or why) anyone would do it any differently. Thanks Jove!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

When the bride says her wedding was the best day of her life you know you hired a phenomenal wedding planner. Jove was able to provide fabulous vendors for every request and was terrific at adding his creativity to the ideas of the bride and groom. He was also very sensitive... Read More and successful at staying within the initial budget. We knew that we made the right decision time and time again when our venues and vendors kept raving about him. When the big day arrived everything was right on time and according to plan. The out of towners, not used to a Brooklyn wedding were blown away by the venue, the food, the flowers, and every detail. Most importantly the bride and groom developed a wonderful trust for Jove. Almost a year of planning went into this wedding weekend and Jove was able to keep it stress free.

Reviewed on 4/21/2016

THE BEST! Jove was a bright star not only on our wedding day but in the months leading up to it. He exuded calmness in every situation and always knew exactly what to do or what advice to give. We felt like he knew exactly what was going to happen before it even did. We... Read More couldn't recommended Jove more highly!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

We could not recommend Jove enough. We planned our wedding across coasts (Wedding in NY, we live in San Francisco). Jove not only helped us have the wedding of our dreams (we reminisce frequently), but he made the planning process fun and enjoyable. Picking Jove as our Wedding... Read More Planner was the best decision we made for our wedding! Jove always provided great options and vendors tailored to our requests and preferences. He was extremely patient as we made decisions. We ended up with an incredible venue, incredible band, photographer, videographer, and kosher caterer that made the night so special. He worked closely with us on the design of the night, and helped us pick a florist that helped realize that vision. The first moment we saw the reception hall the night of our wedding, our breath was taken away. Jove went above and beyond helping us plan our Rehearsal Dinner and Sunday Brunch following the wedding. We had a special bagel spot in mind to cater the Sunday Brunch, and Jove found creative solutions to make it work for an awesome spot in Brooklyn, near our hotels. The weekend of the wedding, Jove was on top of everything. We (along with our families) could focus on enjoying the celebration, and Jove ran a perfect show. If you are considering Jove as your wedding planner, you will not be disappointed with the process and the resulting wedding! We miss our planning sessions with him!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Laura F

Jove and his assistant were amazing - they worked with us for day-of planning and knew every vendor and were on top of everything. They managed both the events of the day as well as our emotional experience and always had a solution. On top of all of that, they were super chill... Read More and amazing to work with. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016

Jove Meyer was an amazing resource for our wedding! He kept the whole process on track for us, especially when the planning phase was becoming challenging. He was invaluable during the day of the wedding - with so many things going on, it would have been impossible to manage... Read More family, friends, and vendors simultaneously, and Jove was like a trusted friend that suddenly appeared just before something needed attention, and handled everything tactfully and with grace. We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016

Jove Meyer Events was highly recommended by all of our vendors and we are so pleased we used their Day-Of Coordination services for our recent Valentine's Day wedding at 501 Union. The two most concrete ways Marilys set us up for success were: 1) Providing a template to track... Read More each detail of the wedding (timeline, supplies, vendor contact information, payment status, and other important information). We knew that she had pre-thought every detail and question we would have to answer, so we never worried about overlooking any aspect of the planning process since her template was so thorough and allowed us to work as a team. 2) Setting up all of our decorations and supplies which completely transformed the venue from the moment we walked into to take pictures on the wedding day. We had some clear directives and some grayer areas regarding set up; Marilys took all of our directions perfectly and executed her own vision for certain details, too. The result was absolutely beautiful and beyond what we could have imagined. We felt so confident about set up on the morning of the wedding since we knew it was in Marilys' capable hands. These are concrete ways Marilys contributed to our success; there are multiple other ways she helped out that are less tangible but equally meaningful. She was constantly available via phone, email, or text; she kept us laughing throughout the planning process and during the day itself; she managed family and vendor politics with aplomb; and most importantly, she never let us get caught up in the chaos and made sure we took time for ourselves on the most important day of our lives. We are grateful to Jove and Marilys for their thorough approach to planning and detail-oriented execution.

The Fantastic Jove Meyer!

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Danielle K

Jove provided day-of coordination services for our event, as well as helping us book and plan several of our vendors. Jove and his team were essential in keeping our multi-location, many-person wedding moving smoothly, including coordinating a rescue when a bus broke down. Jove... Read More and his team helped with decor/venue set up and used Jove's great eye to ensure that everything was just right. They were a critical part of our the success of our wedding day, and they even dressed in our wedding theme! If we weren’t planning to stay married, we’d totally use them next time.

Jove for president

Reviewed on 12/18/2015

Best wedding experience ever. Jove took most of the stress away by being professional, courteous and super easy to work with. Everyone loved dealing with him, from guests to vendors. I recommend working with him wholeheartedly. You won't regret it.

Amazing Wedding Planning

Reviewed on 12/17/2015

Jove is a perfect choice for your special day. I was very nervous about the wedding process, and as a project manager myself, I knew that I would only feel my best if I knew that everything was in its place and taken care of. Jove made sure that every detail was accounted... Read More for from beginning to end, and he made me feel relaxed the entire time...even when hail, rain and snow threatened to derail my outdoor ceremony! Jove is fun, professional, kind and extremely organized. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Carly J

My Husband and I hired Erin Jean of Jove Meyer Events to be our day of coordinator at our wedding. We are both designers, so were very specific about everything from table settings, flowers, miscellaneous things that needed to be set up. Erinn nailed everything! Even the last... Read More minute late night pizza delivery request at our after party. I would 100% recommend hiring Jove Meyer Events. They are responsible, responsive, and genuine people. We knew from day 1 of meeting them, they wanted our wedding to be a success.

Jove Meyer Events

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Courtney C

Fantastic job on month of/day of wedding planning. Made sure everything ran seamlessly, coordinated with the venue, helped us stay organized and right on schedule, raised critical issues that we hadn't thought about, ensuring all the vendors were on the same page.

Jove Meyers Events are amazing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

The only bad thing I can say is that 5 stars isn't enough for Jove Meyers Events. My wife and I live in Chicago but she's from Brooklyn so a wedding in New York was the plan. After months of trying to do it ourself we realized we needed help. After a few weeks of looking we... Read More came across Jove. Immediately we knew he was going to be a partner in our wedding. He called it "our wedding" and he meant it. My wife instantly loved him and he took action. You don't know what a planner does until you see it all come together. We've all witnessed planners at weddings, offer they are intrusive and a bore, often unliked. The absolute opposite with Jove, my family and friends loved him and his team so much that I think they are in the family pictures now. Not just the wedding ones, but we've added him to pictures from the 1980's, my high school year book, etc. Lol. I can't say how much I appreciate Jove. Jove and his team took care of us & everything. Not only coordinating 3 caterers, a food truck, flowers, transportation, he even made sure we stayed hydrated and fed. As important Jove made sure we didn't pay for services he provided that we didn't need, saving us on the budget. He was honest and fair at every turn. Jove took my very anxious wife, on a very anxious day and immediately put her at ease as promised, he delivered. We couldn't have had the perfect wedding without Jove. He was absolutely right "our wedding" was perfect. We love Jove! If you are planning a wedding do yourself a solid and call Jove Meyers Events. If it's where you start it will be where you end up. He's amazing!

Groom

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Jove was an invaluable participant in our wedding planning and execution. He maintained a true focus and created a thoughtful plan while maintaining a light and playful manner. He was responsive to our phone calls, considerate of our ideas and progressive in his own designs.... Read More Jove was particularly advantageous on the day of the wedding, managing to integrate the menagerie of last minute details that invariably arise during a major function into a joyous and harmonious event.

Smooth sailing with Jove Meyer

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Katie L

I met Jove when I was working for a bakery in Brooklyn. He has such a warm and energetic personality and I knew that when I started planning my wedding that I wanted to hire Jove to be my "day of" planner. Jove is WONDERFUL. Incredibly detail-oriented, organized, no-nonsense... Read More and hilarious to boot. I connected with him a year before my wedding date to lock him down for the day. He then followed up a couple of months before our wedding with a detailed spreadsheet to complete that covered all of the vendor details and contact info. A month before the big day he met with my husband and me to have a detailed planning session. We covered everything from décor for the venue, to the wedding party, to music, to what I can only describe as basically a minute-by-minute schedule for the entire day. VERY detailed and incredibly helpful. Jove was such an important resource the two weeks leading up to our wedding. He confirmed all the vendors, gave everyone their schedule and timelines, set everything up at our venue, put out any fires that happened and didn't tell me if any fires had happened (brides, you don't want to know!). He kept everything moving smoothly all night, gave all of our other vendors their tips, collected all of the décor items and gifts and brought them back to our apartment at the end of the night. He basically did everything I didn't want to do and didn't want to rely on semi-inebriated bridal party, friends or family to remember to do at the end of the night. I HIGHLY recommend working with Jove. He's wonderful and very connected to the NY/Brooklyn wedding community. By some crazy coincidence, he knew and had worked with both our photographer and DJ in the past. Which was magical. Having a team of people who know each other and work well together was such a relief.

Prospect Park Boathouse September Wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Caitlin U

Our day of coordinator was Marilys Colon from Jove Meyers Events. To say she went above and beyond the day of our wedding would be an understatement. Marilys had to handle many out of the blue emergencies, not to mention multiple vendors while making various indoor/outdoor... Read More changes because of the weather. She supported us in having the wedding outside and we are still so thankful that we were able to make that happen. She kept a smile on her face the entire time and kept everyone's nerves under control when things were unexpectedly challenging. Leading up to the wedding she was more than helpful and made herself available to walk through any questions and put our minds at ease. We planned most of the details ourselves, but having Marilys there to execute our vision made all the difference. I would highly recommend Marilys to any Brooklyn bride.

The Absolute Best

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Lindsey N

I really can't imagine what our wedding would have been like without Jove. In addition to being terrifically organized and super knowledgeable, he is just an awesome guy to be around. Our wedding involved a lot of moving parts, since we were working with a venue that had no... Read More in-house vendors. We had three food vendors and desserts from five different places! Amazingly, everything went off without a hitch. I am a very "diy" type of individual, but no amount of Googling can really prepare you for the number of questions that will come up when you are planning a wedding. Jove has a ton of great tips if you want alternatives to "traditional" wedding customs, though I could see him being a great fit with any type of wedding. His services are worth every penny. Whether you want to have a 500-person fete at the Museum of Natural History or 50 people on a Brooklyn rooftop, do yourself a favor and hire Jove! I can't recommend him highly enough.

Jess and Dan's Wedding

Reviewed on 8/15/2015

Jove and Marilys were extremely organized and on top of every detail. They helped us plan out the schedule of our wedding day in meticulous detail, all while maintaining a calm and relaxed demeanor that kept us from stressing out too much in the days leading up to the event. We... Read More especially appreciated their flexibility and willingness to accommodate our work schedules, meeting with us at our apartment on a Friday evening and taking our FaceTime calls late at night. They were also great at working with the other vendors and making sure everyone was on the same page. We never had to worry that we were forgetting about some detail because they were on top of everything. Beyond just logistical help, they provided many helpful suggestions on decor and other details, which was a real bonus. It rained on our big day and Marilys switched gears seamlessly and implemented our rain plan without a hitch. Many of our guests commented on how polite and professional Marilys was and how well the event flowed. The level of service was what I would have expected from a company charging 5 times more. I would recommend Jove Meyer Events and Marilys Colon to anyone looking for an event planner.

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Kim W

When your daughter chooses a wedding venue in Brooklyn and all you know about Brooklyn is the bridge...CALL JOVE!!!! My daughter's wedding gives new meaning to every fantasy come true. There was not one fight, only lots of laughing and lots of tastings and lots of emails and... Read More lots of driving to Brooklyn. But, being with Jove who is so brilliantly creative, calm, and can handle a high maintenance crowd without even a blink of an eye is just PURE TALENT!!!!! Go see our pics on Jove's Instagram...the chuppah of 1300 roses is not to be believed. JOVE IS A GENIUS!!! We love and adore him and every vendor he recommended was just amazing! Our TEAM JOVE was PERFECTION!!!!!!