Jove Meyer Events

We plan & design events in New York City and love to travel!

A Fresh Approach to Wedding Planning & Design!

EVERY FLOWER. EVERY MORSEL. EVERY SONG. EVERY MOMENT. EVERY DETAIL. Jove and his team specialize in creating personalized weddings that are a reflection of each couple’s unique style, personality and relationship. He believes in a relaxed approach when guiding couples through the planning and design process, creating a fun and stress-free experience. Jove Meyer Events is known for collaborating with some of the best vendors around to create fresh and beautiful events!

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

We plan & design events in New York City and love to travel! (949) 412-4850

Everything you could ask for and more.

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Nicole R

We were lucky enough to be introduced to Jove for our Day of Coordination services for our wedding day. We met with him a few times before the big day, and every time we left those meetings, my mind felt calmed (And for a bride a couple of months before her wedding, that is... Read More worth every penny!). Jove was able to give us experienced feedback, suggestions, support, confidence, the perfect amount of guidance, he was really there for us in so many ways I couldn't imagine doing it any other way. And that was just a month or two before our wedding! On our wedding day, he is the guy you want to have your back, to keep you on schedule (without feeling rushed). He set up all of our personalized DIY/details to perfection. I can't emphasize it enough, if you're thinking about finding someone to help either plan your full wedding or if you're a do it yourself couple (which believe me, we did EVERYTHING ourselves), and looking for someone to help make it all happen day of- take it from me, working with Jove is one of reasons I could 100% enjoy every minute of our wedding. Knowing he was there provided us with such assurance, we could take it all in and be completely present with the love of our families and friends as the day sped by. Jove has such a wonderful personality, and is organized beyond perfection. You can tell from the minute you meet him, he loves making weddings and events come to life, and it shows in all that he does, he is simply wonderful.

Couldn't have done it without Jove!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Vicki R

We hired Jove to help with the month-of and day-of coordination for a wedding, and he was an incredible help. The last few weeks leading up to a wedding can be busy and stressful, but Jove helped us finalize a rental vendor, and confirmed details with all the other vendors we... Read More had contracted. Whenever we had question or were uncertain, Jove was able to provide answers and helpful guidance based on his experience and the best fit for our wedding. My husband and I put a lot of thinking and planning into the personal touches of our wedding (from venue, to handmade centerpieces and beer brewed by a friend) and Jove did an incredible job ensuring that all came to life on the day of the event. Not only did Jove do a great job making sure our reception looked beautiful and staid true to our version, but he was thoughtful and attentive throughout the event. We never had to think about a thing or what to do next, Jove was there to make us comfortable and help transition guests starting from our first dance through dinner, toasts, and cake cutting. It definitely would not have been as smooth without him!

Our Magical Wedding

Reviewed on 9/13/2013 Laura M

Mario and I could not have been happier with our wedding start to finish and we owe so much of that to Jove. From being right at my side during the meeting with the venue to finalizing details to giving me tons of ideas on how personalize our wedding; Jove is indispensable. Jove... Read More literally made the entire event flow effortlessly. We never had anything to worry about or distract us from each other and our guests. From meeting us at the limo with glasses of wine and a quick recap of the day's events to making sure we had cake to take with us, Jove was attentive, charming and ever present for all our needs. I would happily close my eyes and put any event in his hands once again. Truly a pleasure.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Anonymous A

Jove Meyer is a legend! From beginning to end he was 100% engaged and involved in our process. No request big or small was left undone. He responded to emails quickly and efficiently and was very willing to be flexible with his time. We planned a large elaborate Brooklyn wedding... Read More in a blank space and Jove knew exactly what to do to pull everything together. On our wedding weekend he was on his game!!! Everyone was complimenting us on how fabulous he was and what an incredible job he and his team had done. I would not wait to book Jove for your wedding! He has become a great friend and a wonderful human being to know. Happy planning!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Regina P

To a nervous mother from Louisville, Kentucky helping a busy artist daughter with Brooklyn and Manhattan wedding events, JOVE IS AN ABSOLUTE GEM. He is my hero. Not only does he deserve a 100.0/5.0 star rating— in Jove, I got an reassuring listener who understood and customized... Read More details to our needs/wants, who offered valuable insight borne of real experience in the specialty, and dream team of vendors and assistants. I still get compliments for the wedding from guests. I believe Jove’s work is imprinted in the memories of our family and friends who felt lucky and honored to have been invited to attend our happy event.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Sarah L

I will start by saying, my husband and I could not have executed our wedding without Jove (and his team). He was extremely valuable in all aspects of the process, from sourcing vendors to having him and his team ensure that the actual wedding day proceeded smoothly. Jove's... Read More professionalism and attention to detail is unmatched, and honestly, he just gets stuff done. On top of that, he is a very nice guy, easy to work with, and responsive. I would definitely recommend him to anybody who is either looking for a wedding planner or is on the fence about using a wedding planner.

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Xeni F

Jove was a joy to work with, always responding with good humor and equanimity to whatever issues arose as we planned our wedding. In truth, these "issues" were always minor, due in no small part to the professionalism of the excellent vendors suggested by Jove. On the actual... Read More day, we had to do nothing more than show up. Jove coordinated every element of the wedding, one that was characterized by more than one of our guests as "magical." (They seemed to really mean it!) We couldn't have done it without Jove--or we could have, but really, really badly--and we'll be forever grateful for his services.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Jena W

We hired Jove for our "day-of" planner and couldn't have been happier. I knew after our three hour prep meeting (when we made the most glorious and detailed schedule I have ever seen) that we made the right choice in Jove. Jove and his assistant made sure everything ran smoothly... Read More on the Big Day — wrangled our roaming friends and family, tended to specific decorative elements, etc. — with class and charm to boot. Our wedding was magic and we couldn't have done it without Jove + his team. Hire him!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016

Jove made this entire process a dream. I never worried that even the smallest detail would be overlooked, and the best day of my life was truly the best day of my life. Thank you for everything, Jove!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Natalie B

If you want a wedding planner who's going to make the process easy and fun, you can't do better than Jove. We had such a blast planning our wedding with him, from the initial meeting over cocktails to our final session over wine. We came to him with a really half-baked vision... Read More and he brought it to life, recommending vendors that were exactly in line with our style. It was just so much less stressful choosing vendors when I knew that Jove had worked with them all before and could guarantee that we would love them. I completely trusted his opinion the entire time and it paid off in the most perfect wedding imaginable. We had a somewhat difficult situation (a venue with a coordinator who wasn't happy we hired another planner) but Jove handled the situation with grace, diffusing tension and making sure there were no hard feelings on the wedding day. During the reception, he was amazing at making sure we had water, food etc. and keeping guests away from us when we wanted a little time for ourselves. I can't thank him enough for all his help and would whole heartedly recommend him to others!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Danielle D

Jove is a rockstar! He was uber prepared throughout our process and so much fun to work with. We felt safe in his hands, which says a lot since we used his services for day-of (month of) coordination and trusting someone to pull of your hard-earned vision is scary! We highly... Read More recommend Jove Meyer Events for his precision, attention to detail, and creative eye.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016

We worked with Jove and signed on for his Partial Planning package for our wedding this June, and we couldn't have been happier with the decision. Getting married in a raw space in Brooklyn, my husband and I were really concerned about all of the moving pieces for the day, and... Read More how the wedding would come together in the end. At every step, having Jove's help and counsel assuaged our anxieties. He helped us choose and manage four of our most important vendors and Jove's impeccable taste and wedding expertise was clear throughout the process! He was patient with many an annoying e-mail and answered all of my questions no matter how minor. Jove's team was also stellar on the day of - everything went off without a hitch and the space looked beautiful. We are still getting compliments from our family and friends about everything! Would highly recommend Jove and his team!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

Having never been married before, I didn’t know what to expect. I had heard from friends that it was very stressful, but totally worth it. From the moment I met Jove on the phone, I knew it didn’t have to be stressful. We started working together almost a year and half before... Read More the wedding, and he timed everything perfectly. Jove has an excellent arsenal of wedding vendors. It can be overwhelming to choose the perfect photographer, florist or DJ. Jove really read my husband and I well, and curated the most talented team. My husband and I tend to shy away from the camera. With this in mind, Jove recommended a photographer that suited us perfectly, aesthetically and emotionally. The flowers were out of this world. They literally took my breath away. And, the DJ created an epic dance party. We have not stopped smiling since the wedding. Jove has an incredible ability to tell you exactly what you need to know. Nothing more or nothing less. I am sure there were many stressful scenarios, from coordinating vendors to managing strong and conflicting opinions. We never caught wind of any of it. Particularly, the weekend of the wedding. We also had the pleasure of working with Jove’s intern, Sloan. The two of them really made the weekend flawless. Starting with the welcome dinner, they anticipated what we needed before we knew what we needed. We wanted the weekend to be filled with warmth and love, and Jove and Sloan made sure every single person felt that way. We are a pretty colorful couple, and this was definitely the happiest and most colorful weekend of our lives.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016

Jove Meyer is the most amazing event planner I have ever encountered. From our first intro meeting 15 months ago, Jove set the tone for warmth, fun, beauty and incredible organization...without any of us feeling the stress or pressure. I honestly have never worked with someone... Read More who is both extremely professional and also inclusive and calm. Jove never misses a beat. He masters the major framework and every little, insignificant detail from initial planning until the last guest leaves the wedding. The best part about Jove and his intern, Sloan, is that they made my daughter, her fiance and me feel comfortable, supported and truly pampered at all times. I don't know how they did it, but the entire wedding process was joyful for all of us. Jove also has impeccable taste and takes his lead from the bride. He knows how to step in and step back (he never steps back, but no one realizes he's executing every move flawlessly). Work with Jove. It's as far from "work" as you'll ever experience.

Reviewed on 5/20/2016

Weddings can be stressful, especially the planning. However, we minimized our stress by hiring Jove. Not only did he touch base with us prior to the wedding often to make sure that we were on track but he gave us so many ideas on things that we would never have thought of. And,... Read More on the day of the wedding and reception, Jove and his assistant essentially made it so we didn't have to think or worry about anything. Everything went so smoothly and it's in no small part to Jove's help. You can't go wrong with choosing Jove if you are considering a wedding planner!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Alexis G

I am obsessed with Jove. He came highly recommended by our photographer. We first met him at a bar near our apartment so he could get to know us. After that, every single vendor recommendation he sent us was spot on. Jove has immaculate taste and the most unique ideas. He... Read More compiled a serious dream team of Brooklyn vendors who were all beyond talented and so much fun to work with. The day of the wedding, Jove was a machine. Everything went off perfectly. Literally nothing went wrong (at least that I knew of....). Jove made sure every detail was perfectly executed. It was the best night of our lives and we have Jove to thank for that. We're strongly considering a very elaborate 1st anniversary party just so we can have another excuse to work with Jove Meyer Events again....

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

Jove was the absolute best. As a groom (and as you can imagine), my role was constantly in flux as my future wife took on a majority of the planning initiative. That being said, from the very beginning, Jove made sure to interface, connect and get to know the both of us and our... Read More dynamic. This went a long way in gaining our trust and respect, and he was able to translate it all to enhance and develop the ultimate vision of our wedding. He understood each of our sensibilities immediately and blew us away with how on point his reco's were - from design to vendors, from planning to execution - all while being a complete pleasure to be around. So much so that my wife and I went through a hangover phase when we realized that we wouldn't get to hang with him as much post-wedding. Now, I've never been married before, so my basis for comparison is somewhat limited, but I left my own wedding ecstatic at how well it all turned out, not being able to imagine how (or why) anyone would do it any differently. Thanks Jove!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

When the bride says her wedding was the best day of her life you know you hired a phenomenal wedding planner. Jove was able to provide fabulous vendors for every request and was terrific at adding his creativity to the ideas of the bride and groom. He was also very sensitive... Read More and successful at staying within the initial budget. We knew that we made the right decision time and time again when our venues and vendors kept raving about him. When the big day arrived everything was right on time and according to plan. The out of towners, not used to a Brooklyn wedding were blown away by the venue, the food, the flowers, and every detail. Most importantly the bride and groom developed a wonderful trust for Jove. Almost a year of planning went into this wedding weekend and Jove was able to keep it stress free.

Reviewed on 4/21/2016

THE BEST! Jove was a bright star not only on our wedding day but in the months leading up to it. He exuded calmness in every situation and always knew exactly what to do or what advice to give. We felt like he knew exactly what was going to happen before it even did. We... Read More couldn't recommended Jove more highly!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

We could not recommend Jove enough. We planned our wedding across coasts (Wedding in NY, we live in San Francisco). Jove not only helped us have the wedding of our dreams (we reminisce frequently), but he made the planning process fun and enjoyable. Picking Jove as our Wedding... Read More Planner was the best decision we made for our wedding! Jove always provided great options and vendors tailored to our requests and preferences. He was extremely patient as we made decisions. We ended up with an incredible venue, incredible band, photographer, videographer, and kosher caterer that made the night so special. He worked closely with us on the design of the night, and helped us pick a florist that helped realize that vision. The first moment we saw the reception hall the night of our wedding, our breath was taken away. Jove went above and beyond helping us plan our Rehearsal Dinner and Sunday Brunch following the wedding. We had a special bagel spot in mind to cater the Sunday Brunch, and Jove found creative solutions to make it work for an awesome spot in Brooklyn, near our hotels. The weekend of the wedding, Jove was on top of everything. We (along with our families) could focus on enjoying the celebration, and Jove ran a perfect show. If you are considering Jove as your wedding planner, you will not be disappointed with the process and the resulting wedding! We miss our planning sessions with him!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Laura F

Jove and his assistant were amazing - they worked with us for day-of planning and knew every vendor and were on top of everything. They managed both the events of the day as well as our emotional experience and always had a solution. On top of all of that, they were super chill... Read More and amazing to work with. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016

Jove Meyer was an amazing resource for our wedding! He kept the whole process on track for us, especially when the planning phase was becoming challenging. He was invaluable during the day of the wedding - with so many things going on, it would have been impossible to manage... Read More family, friends, and vendors simultaneously, and Jove was like a trusted friend that suddenly appeared just before something needed attention, and handled everything tactfully and with grace. We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016

Jove Meyer Events was highly recommended by all of our vendors and we are so pleased we used their Day-Of Coordination services for our recent Valentine's Day wedding at 501 Union. The two most concrete ways Marilys set us up for success were: 1) Providing a template to track... Read More each detail of the wedding (timeline, supplies, vendor contact information, payment status, and other important information). We knew that she had pre-thought every detail and question we would have to answer, so we never worried about overlooking any aspect of the planning process since her template was so thorough and allowed us to work as a team. 2) Setting up all of our decorations and supplies which completely transformed the venue from the moment we walked into to take pictures on the wedding day. We had some clear directives and some grayer areas regarding set up; Marilys took all of our directions perfectly and executed her own vision for certain details, too. The result was absolutely beautiful and beyond what we could have imagined. We felt so confident about set up on the morning of the wedding since we knew it was in Marilys' capable hands. These are concrete ways Marilys contributed to our success; there are multiple other ways she helped out that are less tangible but equally meaningful. She was constantly available via phone, email, or text; she kept us laughing throughout the planning process and during the day itself; she managed family and vendor politics with aplomb; and most importantly, she never let us get caught up in the chaos and made sure we took time for ourselves on the most important day of our lives. We are grateful to Jove and Marilys for their thorough approach to planning and detail-oriented execution.

The Fantastic Jove Meyer!

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Danielle K

Jove provided day-of coordination services for our event, as well as helping us book and plan several of our vendors. Jove and his team were essential in keeping our multi-location, many-person wedding moving smoothly, including coordinating a rescue when a bus broke down. Jove... Read More and his team helped with decor/venue set up and used Jove's great eye to ensure that everything was just right. They were a critical part of our the success of our wedding day, and they even dressed in our wedding theme! If we weren’t planning to stay married, we’d totally use them next time.

Jove for president

Reviewed on 12/18/2015

Best wedding experience ever. Jove took most of the stress away by being professional, courteous and super easy to work with. Everyone loved dealing with him, from guests to vendors. I recommend working with him wholeheartedly. You won't regret it.

Jove Meyer

Jove Meyer, founder and principal of Jove Meyer Events, hails from a small beach town in southern California. He made his way to New York City to attend Columbia University, but rather than pursuing a law degree he instead followed his passions for design, details and planning. Jove Meyer Events was born after Jove planned and designed his best friend's wedding in the summer of 2008 and loved every minute of it. In the years since, The Knot has called him a Wedding Wizard and listed him as one of the top 100 wedding pros! He has also won the Couples Choice Award from WeddingWire !