Documentary

Wedding

Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Photo + Video

6270 Northern Blvd, East Norwich, NY (516) 922-3535

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Tom B

Jo Von exceeded our expectations from start to finish. Our first interaction with David made the decision to pick Jo Von as our photographer/videographer an easy one. David took the time to understand what we wanted for our engagement pictures and the wedding. On the actual... Read More wedding day, David and his team worked hard to make sure no shot or moment was missed. They were creative in their ideas and it's easy to see that they truly love their job and are not there simply to take the standard shots. Jenny was extremely helpful for our albums and prints. Jo Von was professional, effective and creative for every step of the process.

Reviewed on 12/25/2017 Stephanie D

Every single person that worked my wedding was PHENOMENAL. We had David and Emily as our main shooters and Pat for video. From the first minute I met Dave, I knew he was the photographer for us. He is incredibly talented and so funny and real, no bullshit. I knew I needed... Read More someone funny who could keep up with me, and who I would be able to spend the day with and have fun, rather than feel like I was being dragged everywhere to take pictures. He was always around the whole process of planning if I had any questions or concerns. From the minute they arrived at my wedding we had so much fun, and they were beyond professional and organized. Emily was so sweet and down for whatever! I stuck her with the boys in the early parts of the wedding and she got so many fun shots of them while the girls did the getting ready pics with Dave. Dave and Pat are equally as funny and crazy talented and made the entire night a blast! They all showed me pics and video clips along the way to make sure I liked everything. They truly worked their asses off from start to finish and the results are everything. I am still waiting on my video footage but the pictures are insanely beautiful! I can't even put into words how important it is to have good pictures, the night goes so quickly and the only thing you will have forever is photos/video. I even just was in a friends wedding party and had the pleasure of working with Molly and Netti who were also phenomenal!! Jovon is worth every penny! Trust me, don't even think twice, just book it.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Danielle D

David is infinitely talented, and I could not imagine working with anyone else. He is a total rockstar and made me feel like an absolute queen. His team was amazing at coordinating and following us around and getting every single shot we wanted. It was an absolute pleasure. We... Read More joked around all day with his team and the videographers, We laughed ALL DAY LONG. He braved the freezing cold for us, and took truly incredible, creative, photos. I cannot WAIT to get my pictures back. I will be recommending him forever. BEST, BEST, BEST photographer out there!!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Natize V

Marko and Brian are simply the best! We can't brag enough about how much FUN we had at our wedding with our photographers... Marko has no problem stepping in ponds to get the right shot and his creativity makes for beautifully pictures. Dealing with the staff both in planning... Read More and the day of is seamless which made for a great wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Stacey L

We cannot gush about Jovon enough. We worked with David, Emily, and Nathan for photographers. While Pat and Joe were our videographers. We had so much fun at our engagement shoot and throughout the wedding. They are super professional and do amazing things (smoke bombs and cool... Read More photo ops). They are not pushy but will guide you to the best shot. They ask what type of vibe you want and are willing to do pretty much anything. They may be expensive but they are 100% worth it. They all have a good sense of humor and make the shoots fun instead of feeling like a chore. They even knew how to deal with my crazy mom constantly calling David to demand certain photos she wanted.

2017-10-05T15:09:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the Review. We really appreciate your kind words!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Matthew G

Dave from JoVon is the best photographer in the game. His talent and easy going nature makes the whole process feel like you are just hanging with one of your buddies. Not only is the company extreme helpful (and fairy priced) our overall experience has been absolutely... Read More great. The quality of their (Dave's) work is the best you can ask for. Thank you Dave and the crew and Jovann!!! If you re shopping around for a Photographer stop looking and book Jovann.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Cassie S

We were referred to JoVon by a friend who recently got married and decided to book them ourselves, it was a great decision. Lisa was so helpful, assisting me in making a wedding day timeline, rescheduling the engagement shoot several times, and making sure I was comfortable with... Read More all wedding day details. Our photographer was Marco and he did a spectacular job - seeing the teaser photos proves how talented he is at capturing these special moments. I received many compliments on how the photographers engaged with the guests.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Erica G

From the moment I met with David, I knew that he had to be the one to photograph my wedding. He put our entire wedding party at ease and made everyone relax and laugh during the hours of picture taking - he's exactly the person you want photographing your special day. Our... Read More pictures are absolutely incredible, and we loved how David was able to make special smoke bomb shots, great reflection shots in the water, and took a bunch of awesome party shots. I loved that we had fun, unique pictures and the finished product is absolutely incredible. You absolutely need to hire Jovon for your big day.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Kathryn Z

David, Marco and the rest of the team were simply amazing on my wedding day (I wish I could get married again just to have them photograph it). From the beautiful photos to their energy and professionalism.. it was A+ from the beginning to the end. All my friends who saw the... Read More teaser photos could not stop raving about them. I would recommend Jovon Photography to everyone planning a wedding!! Even everyone in their office were so accommodating when I had to reschedule my engagement shoot etc. A++++ customer service!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Nicole C

Been using Jovon in the family for as long as I can remember. Pictures came out great.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Danielle L

We can not say enough great things about JoVon. The photographer was one of the most important vendors to me and from the minute I met with David he made me feel so comfortable. Our wedding just passed and David and his team surpassed all my expectations. They were so easy and... Read More fun to work with. My family and friends can not stop raving about how great they were. Not only did they get amazing shots but they made it fun. We decided to add on the same day edit video at the last minute and I'm so glad we did. It was phenomenal!! We can't wait to see our pictures!! JoVon is well worth the money.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 John P

We met with David for our initial meeting and he has the absolute best personality! You are with your photographer all day on your wedding, you most definitely want someone you can laugh with and he definitely does! We just had our engagement Photoshoot with David tonight and... Read More it started down pouring during our shoot. Not only did he get the most amazing pictures of us, but he shot us after a couple he had scheduled and took us on the streets of the city and got the most AMAZING shots!! I would recommend JoVon to anyone. They are unbelievably talented and have such amazing personalities.

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Toni D

David, our head photographer, Pat, our videographer, and the entire team was phenomenal! David is extremely creative with his shots, fast-paced, and fun to work with. He made sure I was able to get all the pictures I wanted, even though we had limited time. Pat, the... Read More videographer, created the most amazing same day edit in such a short period of time. David made sure we didn't miss any photo opportunities, such as during the sunset and the full moon. He, as well as the rest of the team, are professional, social, and experienced. David took the time to show us some of the beautiful shots he had taken. Also, he made sure we were satisfied with everything and asked what specific pictures we wanted taken.

The Most AMAZING Photographers/Videographers

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 sara r

My husband and I were very nervous about finding the photographers that would capture our special day. We interviewed several photographers, but from the minute we met Marko, we were hooked. The examples we saw of his work were absolutely gorgeous. They were artsy yet... Read More traditional, and they evoked the exact feeling we wanted our photos to evoke. Marko was so easy to work with throughout the whole process. From planning the engagement shoot in DUMBO in Brooklyn, emailing different ideas back and forth about photos for the wedding, to understanding the different facets of our family he was extremely accessible, knowledgeable and accommodating. After seeing the images from the engagement shoot, we were extremely excited to see the images that would be taken at the wedding. From the minute Marko, Molly and their team (photography), as well as Pat and his team (videography) walked into our venue, their professionalism was present. Marko and Pat started in the bridal suite with the girls and I, and Molly started with the boys in the groom’s room. Marko set up pictures in ways that I would have never thought of. He was able to capture such special moments between my bridesmaids and my family that morning. His sense of humor also really makes the experience so much fun. He made sure that he printed out every single photo idea I had emailed him and didn’t stop until he successfully took all of them. He is one of the most creative people I have ever met, and he is really incredible at what he does. He has such a kind niceness about himself and it was truly a pleasure to work with him. My husband and his groomsmen had the most positive things to say about Molly. They LOVED her! My husband told me that they took tons of pictures where Molly was able to collaborate their ideas with her own creative ones. From the teaser pictures she sent me, she truly captured the essence of my husband and his friends. Obviously there were TONS of pictures being taken of my husband and I throughout the day, but I remember Molly being in bushes, on the floor and in so many other unique places to capture unbelievable angles. Everywhere there were photos being taken of us, Pat was right there in the action capturing video. He also set us up in ways that would enable him to capture awesome footage of us. Pat was highly recommended to me by Dave and I can’t wait to see what he creates! One thing that our guests were saying the whole night is how the photographers were everywhere the whole day and snapped a million pictures of each and every person…but did not bother any of the guests while they were doing it. All I remember throughout the day and at the party was turning around and smiling every couple of minutes with tons of different people. People left our wedding saying that they were so incredibly impressed with the level of expertise, attentiveness and kindness the photographers and videographers exuded. We are now first starting to get some teasers from our wedding and they are incredible! Marko, Molly and their team truly captured our family, our friends, the special moments of the day, and my husband and I. I highly recommend Marko, Molly and their team for photography as well as Pat and his team for videography. I can’t wait to use them again and will be/have been telling everyone I know about them!

Beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Jennifer Z

Everyone at JoVon Photography has been very helpful from selecting our package, our engagement photos, and for our wedding. Dan took amazing photos at our engagement shoot and at our wedding which made it so hard to choose our favorites!

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 3/20/2014 allison s

Jovon, Gabe, and the rest of their team did an outstanding job making us and our families look and feel our best on our wedding day. They were professional and worked well with our other vendors. They got to know us from previous meetings and the engagement photo shoot, so we... Read More felt comfortable having them present during some of our most precious moments and we felt that they were then able to capture our personalities very well. The photos from our engagement shoot and our wedding day are really so amazing, I do not know how we will choose the best ones to make the albums. The videographer was great too, and now that we have watched the raw footage he recorded we can really see how much work they all did throughout the entire day that we did not even know about before. I highly recommend them!! Wonderful job!

EXCELLENT

Reviewed on 2/17/2014 Alanna S

excellent

JoVon Photography and Video - David

Reviewed on 12/09/2013 Alexa S

We used David as our primary photographer and cannot stop recommending him. We met him at his NYC and LI location where he walked us through many options and helped us think of ideas and locations. Our engagement shoot was so fun and throughout the year we kept in touch. The... Read More day of the wedding he was reliable, fun, and creative. He made the day memorable.

Be wary of JoVon Photography

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Sophia V

This is my first post-wedding review and as a hobbyist photographer my fiancée and I spent a lot of time interviewing photographers. I feel it is necessary to let people know of my experience with JoVon. This photography studio came recommended to us. We were sold on the... Read More studio by David’s sales pitch. He had this enthusiastic energy, was familiar with our church (having shot there before), and told us the kind of shots we should expect to get. We were really excited! During the sales pitch he specifically mentioned pictures from the second landing of church (overhead shots looking down on the ceremony), and in the event of rain, he would have an off-camera light to take a silhouette in the rain. We told JoVon (who was at the sales pitch), we would hire his studio, only if we get David as the photographer. He agreed and it was written in our contract. Engagement shoot: Lots of awkward, unflattering shots, soft focus, and many with compositional issues. We liked Marko, our photographer, but felt that at the end of the day, the work should outshine the photographer’s personality. Fast forward to our wedding day. I’m sitting in the salon chair getting my hair done and I get a call from JoVon, himself. I let it go to voicemail. I hear it. David won’t be shooting our wedding because he has come down with food poisoning. I was stunned. They tell you to expect that not everything will go as planned on your wedding day. My initial thought was, “wow, the old classic, bait and switch”. I texted my fiancé and he had already told me that he spoke to JoVon and that he is sending Fillip who assists him (to replace David) and Marko (who did our engagement shoot). So, when it became apparent to me that Marko was heading the photo team on my wedding day, it raised some concern, but I let it go. Whether the food poisoning story is true or not we don’t know, David never contacted us. Proofs: Between 3 photographers and 2 videographers, the JoVon staff will end up in A LOT of your photos and video. I can understand that this is impossible to avoid entirely, but this was ridiculously excessive. They also included a portrait of one of the photographers in our proofs, which was downright infuriating. We NEVER got the pictures that David had promised. We had snow showers during our day and although beautiful, none of the photographers used this to their creative advantage. No one took out an off camera light to take that umbrella shot…or use extra lighting for our second location. The exterior shots came out dull. We do have tons of posed shots of guests (regardless of the fact that we specifically told David we did not want this) and very few candid shots. We have only one classic-style full length portrait shot of us looking at the camera. No one had the sense to hand me my bouquet. We requested this shot (although soft focus) to be part of our print package with specific directions for cropping and color. Our directions were ignored and our 3 8x10’s and one 11x16 went straight into the garbage (even if they listened to our requests the pictures came creased). Rule of thumb, get everything on paper, ask for your pictures to be shot in RAW and request that all the RAW files are given to you after the wedding. If you had the kind of experience we had, you will end up doing the post-editing yourself (or have a friend do it). All we are left with is a ridiculously expensive album and a b+ video.

Amazing Photography!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Jamie

We used Jovon Photography for our wedding. They are professional and friendly and make you feel really comfortable. Most of the guests at our wedding said they didn't even realize there was a photographer there. They were not pushy at all and they got every shot we wanted and... Read More more!!!

Cannot wait to see our photos

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Chastity F

JoVon Photography has been a pleasure to work with since the moment we signed our contract. Our engagement photos came out amazing. As for our wedding day, we had two photographers and two videographers. It was worth every dime! Dave and his team did an outstanding job.... Read More Prior to our wedding, I gave Dave a few "must have" photos that I wanted and were unique. He made sure we were able to get almost all of them. I was late to the church which delayed the rest of the photos that were to follow the church but before our cocktail hour. Dave and his team made sure we were able to take the photos but was not overbearing. A few times, he even mentioned that if we did not want to take anymore photos to let him know and we can stop... but that was not an option for us since we wanted as many photos as possible from our wedding day. Again, Dave and his team did an outstanding job. They were comical which lighted the situation especially since i was about 105 degrees that day and our photos were outside. Our guests complimented how outstanding of a job they did. After returning from our honeymoon, they had a 3 minute bonus highlight video ready for us. It was perfect and brought tears to everyones eyes. We are looking forward to seeing our photos in a few weeks.

Mother/father of the bride

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Susan B

We have never reviewed anything but we feel we had to this time. This is an important event in someone's life and pictures are a very important part of it. Jovan and David were recommended to us by friends. My daughter felt comfortable and trusted their opinion. The first... Read More step was the engagement photos we were not pleased at all. The poses and locations were ridiculous. Out of all the pictures they could only find one that was decent. We had trepidations then. But our kids said don't worry the wedding pictures will be fine. Well, the wedding pictures were not good enough. We should have went with our gut feelings. We spared no expense for our children's wedding so pictures were not scrimped on either. The location was at Oheka that is one of the most beautiful locations on Long Island. There should have been many beautiful locations on that property but very few were used! The bridal suite is one of the most beautiful places I have seen we do not have one picture of our daughter in that room! David stayed downstairs waiting!! Now we are not saying anything about David as a person he is a sweetheart. But we were not interested in making friends. I believe that is the problem with most young couples. They immediately connect with David which is a minor aspect of picking a photographer. The pictures are important this is a one time deal that has to be done right. We felt the posing was unprofessional and sloppy. When we brought the proofs in we made our concerns heard to the owner. He agreed with us that we could have had better posing and locations. He also said we could have used him but he charges more??? What's that about!! The video also after 2x trying to correct it still has blank spots and it goes black for a little bit. We finally received the albums last night. The parents album we chose is horizontal so there are a few pictures that are vertical. It looks horrible we have a picture in the center and about 2 inches of plain white on each side . Why not explain that to us and if that's the way it's going to be than be professional and use a background on the sides to make it look finished. The reason we decided to review this company is so that we can help warn new couples to ask the important questions and shop around. We are not talking about prices we are talking about the quality of work that your potential photographer has done. Good Luck!

Photography

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Melissa S

Noah and Josh were fantastic! Very creative shots, as well as making sure to get the quintessential wedding photos. They were open to hearing my and my groom's thoughts as well as offering their own. Great photographers to work with!

Professional vendor

Reviewed on 7/06/2012 Jennifer H

Beautiful photos and excellent service

Paparazzi Squad ;-)

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Lindsay S

We loved working with JoVon and although I haven't seen the wedding pictures yet... My sister also used JoVon which is why I feel comfortable reviewing before I see the pictures. The engagement shoot was awesome (in Central Park). He really helped me open up and show my real... Read More side. I didn't look posed and stiff... He likes a lot of kissing photos ;-) He was very artistic with the Central Park backdrop. Jovan had an entire team come to the wedding making me feel like I had Paparazzi following me, but after the pre-ceremony photos I never once noticed their presence. He was very unique setting up the photos (golf cart/club/table pictures) and patient with all of the little ones I had running around (big family). His personality, along with his son Gabriel, made me feel comfortable and happy posing for hours on end... He knows how to make you look good! Judging from my sisters video, I can't wait to see the 20 minute video he'll cut to show all of the highlights. I requested the toasts be included which might make it longer, but ultimately it's your call.