Let us help plan all your Joyful Details!

Joyful Details is an Austin based wedding and event planning boutique that is dedicated to helping you create an event that is as original and fun as you are!

Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Austin, Texas and the Hill Country (512) 294-3202

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Austin G

Let me just start off by saying, Kristi was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding. Stop now and book her! Why? Ok well...then read my review.... We have been married for 2 months now and I look back again and again on our wedding day and one of the things I'm MOST... Read More thankful for is Kristi's being there on my wedding day! Kristi was amazing on a wedding day and exactly what a wedding planner should be. I've heard from other brides with other planners that the planner would come to THEM for questions and answers, but no, not Kristi. She knew that the bride should not be bothered and went through my Maid and Matron of Honor. Our wedding day was so smooth and everyone knew their place, where to be and when to be there. Not one thing was missed. Working with Kristi before the wedding was amazing as well. I leveraged her Month of Services but she was always SUPER responsive beforehand when I would reach out to her on email, which I think is a must have with a planner. As a bride, you are trying to make decisions quickly and you really want to get advice from someone that knows what they are doing, and that is Kristi. She would always provide great advice on anything I asked her and had great ideas. Kristi is extremely calm-natured and I think that's another great quality that you need a planner where they are able to remain calm even if the situation is elevated or that someone else may react more frantically. Kristi was also a great value as well. So many vendors out there were asking a ridiculous amount of money for what I wanted. I did take on a lot of things on my own and booking vendors, but that wasn't something that I wanted to pay someone for to keep our budget down. Once again, I just can't say enough of how grateful I was to have Kristi as our wedding planner!

The Best Wedding Planner in Austin

Reviewed on 2/15/2015

We hired Kristi to help us plan our wedding, and everything was absolutely perfect. Three big things stood out to me that put her head and shoulders above the competition: First and foremost, she is extremely flexible with the service that she provides, and she can tailor it... Read More to whatever you want her help with (for us, this meant she was able to take care of things like transportation and hotel blocks while we taste-tested cakes!) The prices were very reasonable, and we never felt like we were locked in to a specific "package". Secondly, she reacted quickly and confidently to whatever challenge came up. We dealt with pushing the wedding back, changing entire themes, and freezing rain, but never felt like Kristi was out of her element. Her cool, friendly demeanor made it all seem simple. Finally, Kristi did all we could have asked for on the day-of, and ensured that our wedding went perfectly. Everything was well-coordinated, beautiful, and stress free. We can't recommend Kristi enough. You will not be disappointed if you choose her as your wedding planner.

Incredible!! Kristi is the BEST!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Ashley P

I can honestly say that choosing Joyful Details for our wedding day was the absolute best decision I could have made. Kristi is insanely awesome. She was organized, flexible and her overall demeanor just put everyone at ease. From the rehearsal to every single wedding day... Read More detail, she ensured a flawless execution. As an out of town bride I had several questions leading up to our wedding and Kristi was more than helpful as she was familiar with our venue and always provided a prompt response. She was a lifesaver! I thought I was pretty well prepared for the big day but it turns out that I really had no idea how many last minute details and questions would come up - I was SO impressed with how Kristi handled everything and was able to manage all of our vendors seamlessly -- the amount of work she took off our plate really allowed us to enjoy every moment of our wedding day. It was perfection. A huge thank you goes out to Kristi from both Michael and I as well as our families. She's the best, highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Megan P

How can I even thank Kristi enough. I'll start by saying I'm an event planner professionally. So I knew I wanted to plan the majority of the wedding and hand it off for day of coordination, and wow Kristi was THE perfect person to do so. She executed my vision perfectly, made... Read More decisions for details with me and my groom in mind and put everyone at ease with her calmness. She was everything I wanted in a coordinator and more. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Tamara R

Kristi was very friendly and attentive leading up to the wedding. I only had her as month of, so maybe I had a different experience, but the day of she wasn't very helpful. I never knew where I was supposed to be and was rushed around, she couldn't help with "little" things,... Read More like my hair falling before I walked down the aisle. She didn't direct anyone, several of the guests saw me before the ceremony in my dress, literally face to face at the elevator bc there wasn't any direction. And then little things like her not having or trying to find extra bobby pins when my hair fell down before the ceremony, I wasn't ready, but she was sorta like, "you have to go". Things like that made me uncomfortable and I kept asking for her and her help or to tell me how much time I had, but no one knew where she was. That was pretty much my day of experience. I'm sure she did a lot behind the scenes, but anything with having to do with the bride was definitely not a priority. Also, not that great about directing people. We literally had 5 people sign our guest book bc no one knew it was there. She was great and attentive leading up to wedding though, so maybe I was expecting too much from a month of planner. Needless to say we had a great time, all our friends and family did too, but I don't think she was a part of that.

2017-04-30T15:48:56 Response from the vendor

I really regret to hear that our services did not meet up to your expectations. I do wish you had shared this with me the day of the wedding and not waited until almost a year later. I am sorry to hear that you felt... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Christina F

If reading the countless positive reviews about Kristi isn’t enough, here’s another one. Simply put, Kristi is the best of the best! She is experienced, professional, flexible, affordable, reliable, accessible, and truly a joy to work with. Her smile and kindness is contagious;... Read More aside from being great at her job, she is a beautiful person inside and out. Everyone from my parents to the guests were so impressed with her! We hired Kristi for the “month/day-of”, but she was more than happy to help along every step of the way our year-long engagement. On many occasions, Kristi helped me to identify other vendors and give me the inside scoop. Closer to the wedding date, it was a huge relief to know that Kristi was diligently taking care of the day-of timeline and communicating with all the vendors for me. I never had a stress in the world. Wedding day also went so smoothly! If anything went “wrong”; literally nobody noticed! She even worked her magic to create a beautiful candy/dessert table at the spur of the moment after my mom showed up with a bunch of candy (lol). The only thing I regret about that night is that we didn’t get a picture with her! :( She totally deserved the spotlight! Guess we’ll have to have a vow renewal someday and have her join in the fun again! Cheers to you Kristi & to all the future brides that have the honor to work with you! <3 The Figs

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Erin L

We are so happy to have worked with Kristi as our month of coordinator for our New Year's eve wedding! She is so friendly and sweet, and I knew we’d get along great when we both showed up to our first meeting in coordinating black and white striped outfits! Kristi expertly... Read More handled all the details of our wedding to make sure that we were relaxed and able to fully enjoy our special day. From coordinating our vendor timelines, setting up the decor for the wedding, keeping us on schedule during the reception, to a quick fix for a torn wedding dress strap - she did it all! I couldn't recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Erica J

Kristi was great to work with. Before I even booked her she chatted with me several times on the phone and even met with me in person to discuss my vision. This was before we confirmed our wedding date!!! How amazing is that!? I had spoken with several planners but seeing... Read More Krisit's previous weddings and the services she provided I knew she was the planner for us. Kristi didn't miss a beat...literally every phone call, text message and email I sent was always answered so promptly. She provided great advice every single time I needed it. Even when I jut wanted to vent she was there to listen and I will be forever grateful for that. Trust me when I say you won't go wrong with selecting her as your planner. Our wedding day went very smoothly and I know she's part of the reason. Every bride needs a dependable wedding planner and Kristi is the BEST. No need to continue your search, book her!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jennifer D

Kristi is amazing to work with! She makes everything so easy on the day of your wedding - we had a few hiccups with other vendors but she took care of it and did not have me worrying about it at all which was amazing. We could not have planned out day without her!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Lisa M

Words cannot even describe how amazing Kristi is at what she does. Wedding planning and coordinating were made for her! I hired Kristi as my day of coordinator and she helped guide me each step of the way. I cannot thank her enough for taking all of my phone calls and... Read More responding to my emails so quickly during the wedding planning stages. Kristi is extremely organized and she offers the best suggestions to help make your wedding day flow so smoothly and help make your dream vision come true. My July 30th wedding turned out more amazing than I ever envisioned and it couldn't have been done without her! She is recommended by several vendors and they all LOVE working with her. Let me just put it this way, if something goes wrong on the day of your wedding, you will never know it because Kristi knows how to handle every situation! I cannot thank her enough for all of her hard work and for helping me put together the wedding of my dreams! If you're reading this review you need to hire her today! You won't regret it :)

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Courtney M

I absolutely loved working with Kristi for our wedding. She helped us for the month of and really put my mind at ease for a number of logistical concerns I had for the day of. She was responsive, organized and super friendly. Kristi helped to set up our reception venue... Read More exactly how I envisioned it. She was so helpful for the length of our reception - getting us food, drinks and helping older guests who needed chairs. She was always present and so was her assistant. She made things go seamlessly and really took a lot of work off my plate. I would recommend Kristi to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Kalyn M

Kristi in the reason you hire a coordinator!! She was an absolute pleasure to work with! I had interviewed with several different wedding coordinators before her, but once we met I knew she was the one for us! Kristi is so sweet, very flexible, EXTREMELY helpful, and most... Read More importantly- helped us to have a flawless wedding!! Kristi's response to communication is wonderful. She does not put a limit on emails/phone calls like other coordinators can do, and she answers e-mails very quickly. Most often she would answer within hours, if not, first thing the next morning. It was so nice to know anytime I had a question or needed help, she was there. She is willing to help out anyway she can and is always available for you. We almost had to switch churches at the last minute due to an AC problem, and Kristi was already e-mailing/contacting other churches with availability just in case. On the wedding day, Kristi helped to run such a smooth wedding. Many members in our wedding party said it was the smoothest wedding they had ever been a part of. And let me tell you- everything turned out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!! Kristi and her assistant did an impeccable job at setting up all the decor and DIY items my mom and I had for the wedding (and we had a lot), and it turned out better than I had ever envisioned! I was so impressed with everything, from start to finish. She was truly a joy to work with and helped my husband and I have the best night of our lives!! We had multiple guests come up to my parents and tell them it was the best wedding they had ever been too. Thank you Kristi!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

Kristi is the best! After booking our venue we realized pretty quick we were going to need some help with the million other vendors and details. She was real sweet, super flexible, and very laid back. She always answered emails and phone calls immediately which is necessary when... Read More coordinating an event like this. Kristi also has a great relationship with all the good vendors in Austin, so that was a huge help in getting them booked and organized. She let us plan it the way we wanted, but always spoke up if something was off or there was a better idea. Where Kristi is best is on the wedding day. We really didn't have one thing go wrong at our wedding (and we had 175 guests). She was on top of everything and it went very smooth. What I found most magical about her - is that Kristi and her staff were invisible most of the night. When you needed to see her you would turn around and she was right there for whatever you needed. But when you didn't need her she was no where in sight. She wasn't overbearing, barking orders, and leading you around by the hand. She was more like a ninja and operated behind the scenes - which was impressive. So we really got to focus on our special night, our friends and family - without worrying about the schedule or being interrupted by vendors. We looked at all the major wedding planners in Austin and did a lot of research, so let me save you some time: just book Kristi (Joyful Details).

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Emily S

Kristi was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the whole planning process. She was very knowledgeable and answered questions from me, the groom and my mother. Being able to hand everything off to her starting about 6 weeks out (and definitely by the actual weekend!)... Read More was such a relief and allowed us to enjoy the wedding and our guests. We had a wonderful time thanks in large part to Kristi making sure everything was running smoothly behind the scenes. I can not recommend Kristi and Joyful Details highly enough!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Iris C

Our wedding could not have come together so beautifully without Kristi. She is truly the best wedding planner! Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She is professional, calm, and detailed. She offers great advice and she has impeccable taste. She is... Read More accessible and responds quickly to emails which is so helpful when you are in the whirlwind of wedding planning. I received multiple compliments on what a wonderful job she did and how the overall flow of the event was so smooth. Our wedding was well organized and she executed my vision perfectly! We are so happy with how our wedding turned out and Kristi played a big role in making it a success.

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 adrienne k

We loved working with Kristie at Joyful Details. She was by far the best priced for everything we got. She was always extremely responsive, attentive and ready to help us with whatever random requests we had. She was super helpful in suggesting unique places for our out-of-town... Read More guests to visit and stay, and had great resources for us to use (from wedding planning documents to lists of vendors). On our Wedding Day she made sure that everything was set up well in advance of our guests arriving and did a great job orchestrating all of the vendors and assisted with the room flip. She also made sure that all of our personal belongings ended up in the right car at the end of the night so we didn't have to worry about anything after the wedding was over. I would highly recommend working with Kristie at Joyful Details to anyone who's looking for a wedding planner - she was simply amazing.

Reviewed on 2/09/2016

Kristi was an absolute pleasure to work with and made our wedding day run smoothly. Both my husband and I agreed that working with her was the best pre-wedding decision ever! On our big day, we didn't have to worry about anything - our venues were decked out as planned, our... Read More guests knew exactly where to go, and we didn't even think about our timeline - it all just happened beautifully! Thank you Kristi!

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Kellie A

Kristi made planning our wedding a delightfully organized, worry-free, and exciting time! We had a 7 month engagement and contracted her to be our day-of coordinator. We hired her during our first meeting over coffee! She is accessible, easy to talk to and remarkably kind. Her... Read More experience was indispensable to the entire planning process and helped us navigate the sea of vendors, styles and options that come with planning one of the most important events of our lives. Kristi was not only knowledgeable, but she had a knack for understanding the vision we cast for our wedding. She partnered with us to achieve that vision, offering both creativity and practical advice to ensure that the day was perfect. She went above and beyond the day-of coordinator services multiple times in the 6 months we worked with her, from answering our texts/emails promptly and thoroughly to being so supportive as we chose our florist. On our wedding day, I had complete peace of mind knowing Kristi and her sweet assistant, Eileen, were there to support us and make sure all of our months of planning went off without a hitch! My wedding day was perfect, stress-free and completely wonderful thanks to all the time and effort Joyful Details put into it. I cannot imagine planning a wedding without them. Hiring Joyful Details was single-handedly the best wedding planning decision we made. Thanks Kristi!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Kristi was very easy to work with and very professional. As the mother of the bride, I had a few frantic moments during the planning process but Kristi's calm personality was always reassuring and everything worked out. The day of the wedding, I could relax and enjoy the day... Read More knowing the Kristi had every last detail under control. The wedding was a wonderful, joyful event. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner.

Reviewed on 1/08/2016

We are so glad we hired Kristi! The wedding planning process can be confusing and stressful and Kristi was a huge help before and the day of. Once the wedding day finally came, I didnt have to think about anything but "dont trip... dont trip" becasue Kristi had it all covered. I... Read More would recomend her to anyone who asked!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Elizabeth

My husband and I could not be happier with the decision to hire Kristi of Joyful Details as our wedding coordinator. I spoke to several other coordinators before speaking to Kristi and knew immediately after speaking to her, that Kristi would be the best fit because of her kind... Read More demeanor, experience, and the information she provided. I felt like many other coordinators guarded their “trade secrets” but Kristi was open about venues and vendors that might fit our needs and our budget before we even hired her! We hired Kristi for “Month of” coordination services more than a year ahead of our wedding but Kristi’s services were not limited to month of. Kristi checked in to find out how planning was progressing and anytime I had questions, I was able to turn to Kristi for advice. She helped us review vendor contracts and helped ensure our catering contract was inclusive of the end of event cleanup required by our venue. About 5 months before the wedding, I had a difficult time finding a hair and makeup team, and Kristi came to the rescue! She emailed several of her contacts and got back to me quickly with a few options. The week of the wedding, Kristi was so flexible and joined us for several meetings to finalize plans. On the wedding day I panicked a bit after seeing how much work was ahead and called Kristi to ask if she could arrive even earlier than we had previously decided. She was so calm on the phone and as soon as she arrived I was completely at ease! I brought several tote boxes full of DIY details and Kristi and her assistant decorated the venue perfectly with all the little touches. The wedding and reception came together wonderfully. After the wedding, my husband and I agreed that Kristi moved about so stealthy and with such grace. She was everywhere and nowhere – always there and available when we needed her, yet she managed to also tend to all the wedding details without ever losing her calm, collected, and kind demeanor. I am not one to turn over details and final execution of something to someone else lightly yet Kristi set me completely at ease. My husband and I had a wonderful time at our wedding, we were able to enjoy the company of our friends and family, and I was not worried or panicked about timelines and cleanup. Kristi and her assistant packed up all our personal items and they were returned to us without any problem. Do yourself the big favor of hiring Kristi for the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

Kristi has a million perfect reviews and it almost seems fake but it's NOT, she really is the very best. She's also drastically underpriced (but don't tell her ;). I wasn't sure a planner was necessary but from the beginning when I was interviewing Kristi, I knew immediately... Read More I wouldn't be able to do it without her. She thinks of all the things that you forget, and she has so much experience that she can give you ideas of what works well. She went above and beyond, even storing extra ice cream in her own home for us when our freezers ran out of space! Our wedding day was truly perfect and I can't thank her enough for everything she did to make it that way. You really cannot afford to not hire her.

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 toni d

Kristi and her assistant helped my husband and I make our dream wedding come true. We are from NYC and love Texas so much, we decided to fly 80 down people to help celebrate our special day. Kristi took care of every detail we needed, including breaking 100 glow sticks for our... Read More exit. Because of Kristi, I was completely relaxed and stress free on the wedding day. She made sure everything was perfect and put our minds at ease. Everything was packed up at the end of the night and taken care of! Truly, truly, truly amazing.

Reviewed on 8/02/2015

As the mother of a very happy bride, I can't speak highly enough about Kristi! She handled everything for my daughter with amazing skill. She is calm, sweet, amazingly organized, thinks of everything, handles many different personality types with grace and tact, and is great... Read More working with other vendors - many were so happy when they heard that she is who my daughter had hired to coordinate things as they had worked with her previously. She brings a great spirit to planning, is interested and engaged in the process, making our event feel extra special. I recommend her completely.

Awesome

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

Kristi and her team were so lovely and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I started working with her about six weeks before my June 2015 wedding and while I had selected the vendors, there were still many details to iron out. Kristi was incredibly helpful in... Read More assisting me with checking off items on my to do list and in providing structure for the day, but the most valuable service that she provided to me was peace of mind and a sense of calm. During our year long wedding planning process, I went back and forth as to whether or not I wanted to bring in a day of coordinator. Many of my vendors had worked together in the past and all were familiar with the venue, so I didn't see the need. I decided at the last minute to just go for it and found Kristi. From our first conversation, I knew I'd made the right choice. She was organized, kind, creative and calm. It was wonderful to have her and her assistant on site for the day of my wedding. I was able to enjoy the day completely and not worry about anything, as I knew she had it under control. I can honestly say that my husband and I had an amazing, relaxing time at our wedding and that is in my ways thanks to Kristi. I wholeheartedly recommend Joyful Details and would happily work with them again on other social events!

Kristi Treadwell

I began my career in events over 10 years ago and have helped plan just about any wedding related event you can imagine. I have been so fortunate to have worked with so many amazing couples over the years and I can truly say I love my job! Being a part of someone&#39;s special day never gets old and I love seeing how happy our clients are at the end of the day. When I am not planning events you can find me exploring Austin with my hubby and our two sweet kiddos.