Julia Noack Photography

St. Louis, MO

St. Louis Wedding Photographer of the Year!

I bring a fresh, creative, and artistic eye to the images of your day and tell your love story in a way that is unique to you as a couple, beautiful, and timeless. Just as importantly, I want to really get to know you and to give you personal, high-end service every step of the way.

AMAZING Photographer!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Suzanne H

Julia and her assistant Kurtis were absolutely AMAZING! My husband and I had a non-traditional wedding (no wedding party, small guest list, rainy/cold day, modern/urban-ish theme), so we asked Julia to make ALL decisions regarding location and photo ideas – creative control!!!... Read More We were just along for the ride! After our initial meeting, Julia instantly knew what the 2 of us wanted out of our pictures. This was clearly seen in our awesome engagement session. She took us to several perfect urban locations and let the creativity flow. She was so easy and FUN to work with! On our wedding day, we were lucky enough to spend a full 10 hours with her and Kurtis (her assistant). I cannot even begin to explain how much fun we had.... even in the rain! Both were constantly coming up with fun, beautiful, exciting and original shots! This is a day where most brides are stressed out from the moment they wake up, however, there was not one single second where we felt rushed or unnerved or anxious in any way! Our family and friends not only LOVED the pictures from Julia, they enjoyed working with her. She was very organized and patient and fun to be around. Our teaser photos are even more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. Everyone is in awe of her work..... without a doubt, I will recommend her to everyone I know. Julia Noack is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Book Julia!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 mindee k

I cannot say enough amazing things about Julia and her work. Pictures were a big list item for me during the wedding planning as these were the items that we would really have forever from our wedding, so I was very nervous about picking the right person to capture special... Read More moments for us. Julia went above and beyond the call of duty! Leading up to the wedding we met with Julia often and she made sure she had a list/idea of every photo we wanted so as not miss anything for us. She really listened to the type/style of photos I wanted from our day. Day of - Julia was beyond amazing! She was a great ringleader in gathering everyone together for photos and making sure all moments were captured. She was extremely organized with timing, what pictured were needed where and when, and even remembered the names of all bridesmaids/groomsmen and what family member went with the bride or groom. After the wedding, the first time seeing the photos with Julia we were simply blown away! They were beyond what I had hoped they would be. Which made it hard picking which ones we wanted in our album!!!! (that type of hard decision you actually want to have!) I am so very grateful for having Julia there so that we have amazing pictured we can treasure forever! Go with Julia! She is so easy to communicate with, you will not be disappointed!

She is Magic

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Elizabeth F

Julia Noack is a phenomenal photographer. I am a person who generally doesn't like being photographed and as such was nervous about the wedding photography in general, and I was sure in the engagement session that awkwardness would be painfully obvious. I could not have been... Read More more wrong. The photos were stunning. She had managed to capture moments that I wasn't even totally aware of. My maid of honor used several in our rehearsal dinner slideshow and I could hear friends and family crying and marveling over how amazing the shots were. And the wedding day was even better. She made me feel comfortable and beautiful and like she was a friend along for the ride - even just the teasers made me feel elated. In summary, she is brilliant and worth every penny.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015

We booked Julia for a winter wedding and she was amazing! She was so patient with my many requests, changes, and all my wedding day jitters. It was a smaller wedding, but you would never know by looking at the gorgeous pictures. They captured every moment perfect, making it... Read More incredibly easy to relive the special day. We highly recommend Julia to everyone!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Elizabeth R

I've known Julia since high school and when I heard that she had started doing wedding photography and saw some of her photographs, I knew she was the one I wanted for my wedding photos. And did she deliver! She was professional but helpful. She came up with some great locations... Read More for both our engagement session and wedding photography that I would have never known about. I've only seen a few teasers from my wedding, but they've made me hungry for more. I would highly recommend Julia Noack Photography to capture all of the special moments of your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kristina A

Julia was FANTASTIC. We got married in April of this year and we could not be happier with our pictures or experience. It rained on our wedding day and rained during our ceremony, which was outside at the Botanical Gardens. Julia made it work without flinching and we got... Read More gorgeous shots. She was flexible and kept me calm even when I had a mini freak out when I thought my makeup was melting. :) The bridal party and tons of guests commented on how nice, laid-back and talented Julia was. She has a great eye and is definitely an artist. :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Anna F

Julia was fantastic! Professional. Has a unique eye for fun photo opportunities. Helpful in organizing the people and keeping track of time while we took in our day. We just received our wedding album and WOW - what a perfect way to relive our day as much as we want. The photos... Read More are beautiful and her strategy of putting the album together in a way that really told the story of the entire day was perfect. Thank you, Julia for always responding to our (sometimes silly) questions quickly, for learning the faces of the main characters (entire wedding party and immediate families) of our day so that you could focus on the main events, and for making us look even more elegant than we felt! We couldn't have preserved such detailed memories of our wedding day without your talents. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jennifer T

A friend of mine recommended Julia to me when I was planning my wedding. As soon as I knew my wedding date, I contacted Julia to see if she had availability. Of the three photographers I interviewed, you could tell Julia had the experience and confidence on how to make your day... Read More go as smoothly as possible. I was pretty lost as how to plan the actual day, which was made even more complicated because we were planning a wedding in an area we were not familiar with. Julia had previously shot a wedding in the St. Albans, MO area, so with her knowledge of great locations and overall timeline for the day, I knew I wanted her to do our wedding. My fiancée and I never had professional pictures before and did not think we were very photogenic or natural when being posed, so our engagement pictures were a great session to practice for the big day. We wanted engagement pictures all over STL (IL side of the river, downtown, Forest Park), and Julia was more than accommodating to make sure we were realistic in what we wanted and prioritize the best shots. She also has a great system for picking out the best photographs when you are going through hundreds of pictures from your sessions. I was overwhelmed with the number of engagement session photographs, but her way of working through the groups of pictures together makes it much easier to pick out the ones you love for a book or prints. On our wedding day, Julia was awesome at directing our bridal party and making sure we got all of the specific shots we wanted. We sent her a list of family pictures we wanted to make sure we got ahead of time, and Julia and her assistant did an incredible job with making sure we hit everything on the list. She rolled with the punches very well that day with us running 45 minutes behind schedule and worked hard all through the reception to capture special moments with our guests. Most importantly, her photographs are amazing. It seems funny at the time to do certain poses, but as soon as you see your pictures, you understand why your photographer directs you or makes you get really close to your significant other. Her understanding of lighting and scenery is amazing and we have great shots from both our engagement and wedding photos. She also is good at capturing emotion and “in the moment” shots. Out of all of the things I would have done differently on my wedding day, I would have Julia as my photographer over and over again.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Julia is an EXTREMELY TALENTED photographer!!!! Pictures are one of the most important items that a groom and bride have to remember their special day. Julia goes above and beyond to ensure you have pictures that will last a lifetime. In addition, she is very creative with her... Read More shots and makes sure she encompasses candid, posed, and portraits throughout the events. As a bride, you have a million things on your mind and just want to enjoy the day. Julia allows this to happen as she focuses on the details and picks great locations to ensure that the pictures turn out phenomenal. She really gets to know you as a bride and groom and works to tell the story of your wedding. Our wedding was a three day event, and our story was told brilliantly. We cannot thank Julia enough. She is a wonderful photographer!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 April H

THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER!!! I had to be the pickiest bride ever when it came to picking a wedding photographer and engagement photographer because I grew up with my mother being a professional photographer and artist, I love photography, and I knew that this would be one of... Read More the most important things to me about my wedding. I searched for months and examined a LOT of websites and a LOT of photographs. I fell in LOVE with Julia's photographs. She is simply beyond the best at what she does hands down and her photos just capture how beyond talented she is!! After my months long search, I called her hoping to book her for our wedding and was crushed to learn that she was booked on our wedding day. However, amazingly, we were able to book her for our engagement pictures and we were just blown away!!! She was just amazing. Not only are her pictures to die for, she is a dream to work with!! She was so sweet and put me and my husband now (then fiancee) at total ease and made the whole process fun and laid back. She worked quickly and got a ton of pictures, but never once made us feel rushed - me and my husband pretty much just kicked back and had fun! Then when we got the results, we were just blown away again! I cannot emphasize how talented Julia is. She took hundreds of pictures and they all were just so amazingly beautiful. It wasn't like only a handful turned out to be great shots. They were all simply amazing. She is just THAT talented. On top of all that, we had a short turnaround time for our engagement pictures and wanted some of our pictures for our wedding - Julia worked with our time crunch and got a few pictures to us ASAP so we could use them in our wedding decorations! My husband and I cannot wait to use Julia for the rest of our lives for baby pictures or Christmas pictures or pretty much everything that we can! Do not wait to book Julia - she is the absolute BEST!!!!!! :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Charles J

For somebody such as myself who doesn't like his picture taken, Julia made it an enjoyable and fun experience. We highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Tricia W

Julia was absolutely fantastic! From the engagement session to the final shot of the reception, she was wonderful to work with. Her photography captures the moment perfectly, and her artful touch resulted in breathtaking photos of our wedding. I have never seen an Arch wedding... Read More photo look as magnificent as the ones she shot (not mention the fact that she had to avoid construction surrounding the Arch grounds). Besides my Arch request, she was great about suggesting locations that she had personally looked at the previous day. Julia worked extremely well with my large family and all of the little ones in the wedding party. I received many compliments regarding how she handled the large family portraits from all my family members. I couldn't be happier with my choice to have Julia as my wedding photographer. The wedding album she designed does a wonderful job of telling the story of the day. For photos that you will treasure for the memories and as art, I would recommend booking Julia.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Julia Noack did the photography for my daughter's wedding. She was outstanding. Her eye for detail and setting each picture in the frame, and her creative angles led to an outstanding result. We have a huge collection of photos to chose from for her to put our book together.... Read More It will be a difficult choice to narrow down the final selection from so many wonderful photos. Julia had two photographers for the day of the wedding and got all the important moments. The engagement photo shoot that came with our package was beautifully done and resulted in the most creative guest book I have ever seen. Julia's eye for detail and the rhythm and detail of the backgrounds really made all the difference in the setting of each shot. I would use her again, but I only have one daughter!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Lauren W

I chose Julia based on her style of photography and was so happy that we went with her- our pictures are just as imagined, or better! I love the fly-on-the-wall, photojournalistic style and Julia delivered. She also surprised me with the natural expressions she got out of me and... Read More our friends/family during posed portraits. The engagement session was very important to getting both me and my husband comfortable with the intense focus wedding photography puts on the bride and groom. He had never been professionally photographed in his life and was nervous about it. I grew up over photographed by my professional, non-wedding photographer father and had never worked with any photographer besides him. It's a big change from growing up having your life events documented as they unfold to taking formal, romantic portraits. Julia worked with my husband and me on our total awkwardness with being photographed doing lovey dovey things. This took a lot of stress away from the wedding day, since we knew what to expect and had seen that we didn't look silly in our engagement pictures even if we were, gasp, kissing in public. Our album looks beautiful, we got wonderful shots of our important people being themselves and having a good time, and Mark and I look better than we ever have. Just as important, Julia was helpful and easy to work with on and before our wedding day. We wouldn't have looked as good if she hadn't helped us to do so!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Kathy L

Julia did a great job! Im in love the photos from our engagement session! While I haven't seen our wedding photos yet, you could tell that she always had a specific vision and a plan. She also did a great job instructing our large bridal party in a way that was polite, but also... Read More got the job done. Not to mention, she creates beautiful work!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Alyssa S

Julia is fantastic! Having timeliness wedding photos were very important to me, and became even more important when we decided to not have a videographer on our wedding day. While researching photographers in the STL area, Julia's photos caught my eye every time! I asked a few... Read More friends for recommendations, and when one couple said that they go back to Julia over and over, I knew we had to meet with her. My husband and I have very much enjoyed her personality - she is witty and easy-going but is quick to give direction or feedback when needed. Neither one of us were sure what it would be like to be in front of the camera, but Julia made it totally comfortable and, actually, a lot of fun! She really listened to and captured the style of photos we wished to have. We have loved working with Julia and completely recommend her!

Best Decision!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Brighton R

We are so grateful for Julia! The word amazing has been used over and over again in her reviews because it is true, she is amazing. She produces beautiful, stunning photos, with an unerring eye toward lighting and composition. You will want every photograph, so I highly... Read More recommend a package that includes digital files. Besides the quality of her work, she achieves that perfect balance between getting every shot and respect for the fact that a wedding isn’t only about photography. Julia accomplishes this - and helps the wedding day run smoothly - by thoroughly understanding priorities and the timeline ahead of time. She also has a gift for making everyone look their best and relax on what can be a very stressful day. And she is fun!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Maria L

I could not be happier with our choice to go with Julia for our wedding photographer! She was so much fun to work with throughout the whole process, made us feel really comfortable, and really brought our vision of wedding photos to life. The photos turned out AMAZING, and we... Read More could not be more thrilled to show them off to everyone! She has a great eye for locations and lighting, which really just puts her photos a step above the rest. Our wedding was on one of the hottest days of the year, but you would never know it from looking at the photos. The wedding photos were one of the most important things to me when planning the wedding since we will have those forever, and we were definitely not disappointed. If you choose Julia for your wedding, you will have a great experience and even better photos to remember your wedding forever!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

I am so glad that we hired Julia to take our wedding photos. The photos came out better than I could have ever expected. During the wedding she made my wife and I feel very comfortable, which made our photos come out well. Julia is a true professional and master of her... Read More craft.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Meagan M

Julia is simply amazing! I had seen her work prior to asking her to be my photographer for our wedding and loved every picture I saw. I had no idea even seeing her work prior to our wedding that I could love her pictures anymore. She is absolutely spectacular!! She is not only... Read More professional, but she is incredibly sweet and will help you in anyway she can to make your day special. We had so much fun with her on the day of our wedding. We could absolutely not have asked for a better photographer to capture our special day!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Maria H

Julia has the best eye for breathtaking photos. Her light quality, color and framing are excellent and we love all the photos we got from her! She is super great to work with and knows how to make everyone look their best. She is the person you want to have photographing your... Read More big day and any other special events.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Jen H

Julia is wonderful. She is extremely organized and strives to make your wedding day go smoothly. I threw Julia a curve ball asking her to switch up the family picture order and she was great with switching up the order and capturing all the family photo's we requested. We've... Read More only seen a sneak peak of our wedding photo's but we are obsessed with it and cannot wait to see the rest. I highly recommend Julia.

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Hannah H

She is amazing. She has such a good eye. A pleasure to work with. Dealing with my family after the ceremony cannot have been easy but she was very poised the whole time. I will definitely hire her again in the future to do family photos!

Great Photographer and Manager

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Doug O

Julia was great in all phases of the game... Pre-Game: prior to the wedding she did a great job with communication. My wife and I live in Chicago and pretty much created our wedding day from scratch in a location in far Southern Illinois. We must have asked a million... Read More questions, and Julia always had prompt, and well-thought-out responses. She was a big help in planning out our activities for the day, and a big help keeping my wife out of bridezilla mode (as much as possible). Game Day: Julia and her assistant did a great job managing us, and our huge wedding parties and families, getting all the photos we needed throughout the day. The day was a little hectic, but we fit everything into the time frame we allotted, which made things a little cheaper for us. She was assertive but not overly bossy to our party. Post-Game: The photos turned out great, Julia is top-notch. I should mention I am a photographer, so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to photo quality. She also did a great job getting a variety of shots. I never found myself wishing we got a picture of something - which I was a little afraid of because you really have no idea what you want until you're looking back at it. She did a great job of capturing all the little nuances that we put so much hard work into. Our wedding was even featured in a few publications including Nordstrom's wedding blog. All in all, it was a great experience. She is a little more expensive than average photographers, but knowing you're getting a quality experience is worth every penny.

High quality photography with a personal touch.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Julia consistently delivers on all of her weddings and engagement sessions. She is consistent in her editing and knows who she is as a photographer. It is evident in our wedding and engagement photos. She has displayed our wedding in the most beautiful way, capturing every... Read More moment of our special day! Please consider using Julia, as she will work her tail off to make your pictures the best they can be. She braved the icy cold of a winter engagement shoot by Lake Michigan! Go with Julia and you will not be disappointed.