Jump Start your wedding reception!

Thank you for considering Jump Start DJ's and Photo Booth for your entertainment. Many brides might be a bit confused on how to pick the right DJ. A good start is finding a DJ you like and trust, and is a good fit for your ideas and plans. Please call us for 5 helpful tips on how to pick your DJ!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, Polka

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Serving Michigan & Beyond (517) 482-1991

Great DJs

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Kirsten G

From start to finish, Jump Start was just plain awesome! Their customer service went above and beyond. Chris, the owner, actually called me back while on vacation. It was obvious that our DJ, Lucas, loves his job. He was friendly, helpful, enthusiastic, and really did his very... Read More best to make sure that our reception was fun. At the end of the night, he asked me if it was everything I had hoped it would be. It really was and more! Thanks so much for the work you did to give me such a wonderful reception. You rock!!

Lucas MADE the wedding reception!

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Emily D

Chris, the owner, and Lucas were exceptional. Very responsive to our specific requests leading up to the day, very professional in their execution, and very reasonably priced. Originally we signed on for just the reception, but then needed a ceremony DJ and he was able to... Read More accommodate that request. We also had a lot of specific instructions with music that we supplied ourselves (Disney wedding) which he followed superbly. He kept the energy up - we couldn't believe how many people were still on the dance floor at the end of the night - well over 60% of the guests were on the floor (having been at many many other weddings this year, that seemed like a big number to me)!

GREAT Dj!

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Chelsea T

Jump Start Djs were wonderful to work with! Chris and the DJ for our wedding (not sure his name but it was Dec. 28 in Mt Pleasant) were absolutely WONDERFUL! So professional and kept the night moving along! I really liked how the song list and itinerary were online – very... Read More helpful!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Breah R

We used Jump Start DJ's for our photobooth at our wedding, and it couldn't have been better! Our technician Dylan was funny, personable, and helpful at all times throughout the wedding. The booth was HUGE (We had upwards of 10 people in there at a time!) and there were a ton... Read More of props to choose from. The cherry on top is that you get both an album with all of the pictures that were taken (they come out as doubles, so guests get one and we get one), as well as a USB drive with all of the pictures digitally! I highly recommend using them for your Photobooth!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Tara M

Jumpstart DJs made my reception absolutely amazing! The music they chose was perfect for my husband and I and they were very open to any changes throughout the night. The photo booth was also definitely a hit for the evening!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Elliot P

We were lucky enough to have Chris as our DJ. He really felt out our crowd and kept the dance floor alive with music that we and our guests were loving! He was receptive to timing suggestions in the moment and coordinated things well with the other vendors! We also booked a... Read More photo booth which was a total hit -- we LOVE the keepsake book of pictures! We are so happy to have booked Jump Start DJs!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Jessica A

Jump Start DJs is absolutely incredible! My husband and I chose them to DJ our wedding in June and we made a great decision. We live in Florida and had our wedding in Michigan where I am from. From the first meeting to our wedding reception, Jump Start was 100% professional and... Read More made us feel relaxed and excited for our wedding. JS helped us stay organized by providing a planning chart, song list, and event timeline that was easily accessed online. Through their wide variety of songs we could select what we wanted played at our rustic, vintage themed wedding. JS contacted my husband and I during our engagement to keep in touch and get a feel and understanding for how our reception would be run. The day of the wedding, Chris was our DJ. Chris arrived at the venue in a timely and organized fashion. He set equipment up, took equipment down, and was our MC for the evening. Chris took charge and allowed us to enjoy our evening WORRY FREE!!! Not only did we have a blast at our wedding, but our guests did too. When the night ended no one wanted to leave, everyone wanted more! I highly recommended Jump Start DJs for any event!! Did I mention Jump Start is extremely affordably priced! Thank you Chris, Thank you Jump Start!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Heidi T

We loved having Jump Start DJs for our wedding reception. We had a DJ as well as the photo booth, and both were awesome (if you're on the fence about getting a photo booth or haven't considered it, definitely do it!). Chris was really flexible and easy to communicate with... Read More throughout the whole process, and always very helpful. We were able to pick "love", "like" and "do not play" songs on their website, which was convenient for us. It took a little bit to understand how the site worked, but was overall a nice feature. Our actual day of DJ, Tim, was really good about working with us. I was able to text him with last minute requests the week leading up to the wedding, which was great since we had plenty of other things stressing us out that week. Tim did a great job of keeping the reception moving along smoothly, and improvising when needed. Our photo booth was a hit with our guests, and we loved that we got full size digital copies of all the pictures that we could share with everyone. It was also nice that they brought along a box of props (there were a LOT) to use in addition to the ones we had. It would have been helpful for us to know ahead of time that they were providing them, but it was okay since we had some pretty funny ones we were excited to have out (shake weight from goodwill, who would have known it would be such a hit). Overall, great experience! Wish we could do it over again.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Rebecca R

Jump Start DJ's was awesome! They were easy to work with, friendly, and the music was great! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding! :)

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Joshua D

They kept the dance floor alive all night. Tim did a great job of gauging the crowd and keeping everyone involved. They did an absolutely fantastic job.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Lauren L

These guys were great! They were very accommodating and were dedicated to making sure we had a good time. They helped make suggestions on things that we weren't sure on. They interacted very well with our guests and made sure it was a great party. We were very happy with their... Read More service!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Anne M

We had a fantastic experience with Jumpstart DJs for our Ann Arbor wedding. Chris, the owner, is responsive, fun, professional, and shows genuine interest in making your event run smoothly. The music library is extensive and well organized. We received tons compliments on the... Read More music from our guests. Chris is truly able to read the crowd to keep people on the dance floor. We also loved having some acoustic music played. It made for an awesome night!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Lauren K

I was very happy we selected Jump State DJs for the music during our reception. Chris Delgado, the owner, made everything really easy—and he went above and beyond to search high and low for a specific song for my now-husband. Our actual DJ, Tim Podmore, was equally wonderful,... Read More calling me to cover all of the details ahead of the wedding and being incredibly flexible when items came up during the duration of the reception. A few criticisms: Several songs that I requested to play via the form online were not used (not a deal-breaker, but I had put effort into selecting songs!). Also, my father was called the wrong name when announcing the father/daughter dance. While the DJ immediately corrected himself and apologized, it was a little disappointing. Nonetheless, I'd hire Jump Start DJs again for their customer service and adaptability.

2017-04-17T14:44:45 Response from the vendor

Yes, sometimes even DJ's get tongue-tied, and after 32 years in the wedding business we've come to realize that we are in fact, human. Attitude is everything, and if we make a simple mistake, we have to correct it, apologize, and move on for the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Emily K

We loved our DJ, Nick! We filled out forms through their website before the wedding to explain our schedule and what vibe we were going for. Nick called us ahead of time to also get a feel for the vibe of the wedding. Let me just say he NAILED it .My husband and I are late 90's,... Read More early 2000's kids, and the dance music he chose for us and our friends was perfect. I also explained that my older relatives would like some Frank Sinatra type hits, and he managed to weave both musical styles together seamlessly. My only regret is that I didn't tell him that we had paid for a plate of food for him, so I'm hoping he got a chance to eat! Always feed your DJ!!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Mary B

We booked Jump Start DJs for our wedding in October after being referred by a friend. Right from the beginning, they were so easy to work with! Chris responded immediately to my online inquiry, and every email/phone call thereafter. Their online planning guide made things super... Read More easy and convenient. We had DJ Adam at our event and he was AMAZING! We had a wide range of age groups (lots of kids), and he did a great job finding music that kept all ages entertained throughout the night. He was also very diligent about keeping my husband and myself supplied with drinks the whole night :). Definitely would recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Andrew W

Right from the start Jump Start DJ's put us at ease. Chris (the owner) is knowledgeable and can help guide you through the process. DJ Tim helped us to have a stress free wedding and a lot of fun! Everything went off without a hitch. I would recommend them to anybody.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Danielle T

I could not recommend a better company, out of all the wedding vendors I worked with Jump Start DJs went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were getting everything we wanted and more. Every step of the process was SO simple and the owner even took the time to meet... Read More with us and get to know us personally to ensure we would have the perfect day! I had so many people coming up to me and telling me how great Tim (our DJ) was and at one point I stopped in the middle of talking with one of our guest and looked at the COMPLETELY PACKED dance floor and thought to myself, WOW- we did it, everyone is having a blast! The photobooth was also SO much fun and I loved that our guests were able to take photos home with them and still share them with us and a personalized message in our book, so now we have those memories to look back on FOREVER!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Courtney G

Chris made planning my wedding music easy and fun. The website was easy to use and he was very easy to get ahold of. We had such a great time at the wedding! The music was perfect and our guests were dancing all night!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Christine P

Chris was just great. Professional, socially adept at reading the environment, checks with us prior to starting a phase, very flexible and accommodating to last minute changes.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Danielle S

In the end Jump Start DJs did a great job but a few bumps along the way. We met with the owner approx 8 months before our reception. The owner assigns our DJ out closer to the date of your event. We had a destination wedding a month before the actual reception so clarified how... Read More important it would be to meet our assigned DJ before we had our wedding and went on our honeymoon since once the wedding hit we were going to be BUSY. After feeling like it was difficult to arrange a meeting that early, we met with a DJ and made plans together. We had our wedding and honeymoon then a week and half before our reception the owner called us and said he double booked our DJ and was assigning us a new one. The new meeting was cancelled because the new DJ had a medical issue arise which is understandable in life and the new DJ did drive out to our venue site to meet us 3 days before the reception. We went over timelines and I gave him a very specific song list and the meeting concluded well. The DJ very very well checking in with my husband and I before him and I made our entrance, he was on queue with all the events in the beginning and I felt very relived after all the stress in getting a set DJ to begin with. My only issue with the night of the event was that at the end of the night the DJ was not very involved with the crowd and not even 20% of our reception songs were played. That was a bummer because on our RSVP card for our guests we asked them to put a song request so after the event we had guests reach out bummed that their song wasn’t played. Overall we had a stressful journey meeting our assigned DJ and we didn’t get all our of requested songs played but the night was a success and the DJ did very well in the beginning of the night making sure we were on schedule and making announcements.

2016-10-13T16:22:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your input, we welcome all comments and feedback positive or otherwise. Yes, I accidentally double booked the same DJ for two separate weddings for the first time in 28 years of business. I was on vacation in California when asked who her... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Beth K

Chris was wonderful! He was great during the planning and on the day of the event. Our wedding and reception was amazing and Chris played a key role in the celebration. Thank you Chris!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jessica M

We used Jump Start DJ's for our Wedding on 9/10/16 and had Nick as our DJ. From the first e-mails and phone calls with Chris, to our meeting with Nick prior to the wedding, and throughout our wedding reception, everyone we dealt with was very professional, courteous, and... Read More extremely helpful. Any questions we had were answered, and any requests we had were attended to. During our reception Nick kept the party going with great music, and managed to keep the dance floor full all evening. We did not give him much direction, we trusted his judgement to do the job that we paid him for, and he fulfilled our expectations. When we did request a song, he made sure to get it into his playlist within minutes. He also checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we were happy with his choices. We had many people comment on how great our reception was, and we attribute much of that to the job that Nick and Jump Start DJ's did for us. Overall we were very satisfied and would recommend them to any one looking for a DJ.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Emily B

We hired Jump Start DJs for our wedding after talking to quite a few other vendors and were really impressed by how well they captured our vibe and what they could offer. Chris was extremely communicative and helpful when we were planning, from out of state, and was able to... Read More answer all of my questions throughout the process. It was extremely comforting that as our wedding got closer, we were able to speak with Nick, our DJ, who got to know us better as a couple and talked with us more about what we wanted in our wedding. On the day of our wedding, Nick arrived early and communicated with us every step of the way, which made us feel at ease and allowed us to enjoy the day without having to worry about small details. Nick was extremely professional and gave us a fun and memorable reception that all of our guests raved about and we couldn't ask for more! I would highly recommend Jump Start DJs!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Jessica S

My wife and I were recently held our reception in the Lansing, MI area. Upon much research and reading reviews early in our engagement, we chose Jump Start DJ's to host our wedding reception. Boy are we glad we chose Jump Start DJs. Lucas was our DJ on that spectacular day. I... Read More had contacted Lucas a week or so before the event. He assured me that it looked like my fiancé at the time had filled out the questionnaire/survey very well and he did not have too many questions. He made me feel confident that the DJ was the last thing I needed to worry about that day. The last couple of days leading up to the reception, I had changed the plan for the garter a couple of times on Lucas. He was very flexible with his accommodation and gave me the confidence I needed to go through with the change in plans. It couldn't have worked out better. All of our guests raved about the DJ in the days to follow. Lucas stuck to our "Songs we love, Songs we like, and Do not play" list very well. He kept the guests and wedding party engaged so we were out on the dance floor all night. This is exactly what my wife wanted. There is no question that we would recommend the service of Jump Start DJs.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Sara P

It all started with a phone call. Yes, not an email, a phone call. Chris Delgado called me within an hour to talk about our wedding. After that initial phone conversation, Chris set-up a face to face meeting (with no strings attached/contract signed) so that he could show us... Read More pictures, the website, and what all of our options were. We felt no pressure to sign, but very informed. After shopping around, Jump Start Dj was by far the best value and gave us the most personal experience. As for the ceremony and wedding. Lucas was our DJ and he was incredible. He had 3 different set-ups and he made seamless transitions. All our song requests were made. The uplights were beautiful. The dance floor was rocking. I couldn't have been more impressed.