Jump Start your wedding reception!

Thank you for considering Jump Start DJ's and Photo Booth for your entertainment. Many brides might be a bit confused on how to pick the right DJ. A good start is finding a DJ you like and trust, and is a good fit for your ideas and plans. Please call us for 5 helpful tips on how to pick your DJ!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, Polka

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Serving Michigan & Beyond (517) 482-1991

Great DJs

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Kirsten G

From start to finish, Jump Start was just plain awesome! Their customer service went above and beyond. Chris, the owner, actually called me back while on vacation. It was obvious that our DJ, Lucas, loves his job. He was friendly, helpful, enthusiastic, and really did his very... Read More best to make sure that our reception was fun. At the end of the night, he asked me if it was everything I had hoped it would be. It really was and more! Thanks so much for the work you did to give me such a wonderful reception. You rock!!

Lucas MADE the wedding reception!

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Emily D

Chris, the owner, and Lucas were exceptional. Very responsive to our specific requests leading up to the day, very professional in their execution, and very reasonably priced. Originally we signed on for just the reception, but then needed a ceremony DJ and he was able to... Read More accommodate that request. We also had a lot of specific instructions with music that we supplied ourselves (Disney wedding) which he followed superbly. He kept the energy up - we couldn't believe how many people were still on the dance floor at the end of the night - well over 60% of the guests were on the floor (having been at many many other weddings this year, that seemed like a big number to me)!

GREAT Dj!

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Chelsea T

Jump Start Djs were wonderful to work with! Chris and the DJ for our wedding (not sure his name but it was Dec. 28 in Mt Pleasant) were absolutely WONDERFUL! So professional and kept the night moving along! I really liked how the song list and itinerary were online – very... Read More helpful!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Rachel H

My guests and I were so impressed with our DJ on Saturday. I have gotten so many compliments on what a great job he did and I have never seen so many people so consistently on the dance floor! I know a DJ can make or break a wedding and I give a lot of credit to ours for... Read More keeping everything so fun! I am so happy that Jumpstart has lived up to their excellent reputation.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brianne R

We hired Chris Delgado to be our DJ for our wedding and we knew for the first time we met him he was going to be great! His professionalism and his experience truly make him a one of a kind DJ. He really helped to make our night flow flawlessly and was able to work on the fly... Read More when we needed a couple things added during our reception. He played acoustic during our cocktail hour and then did a mix of acoustic and DJing during our reception and it was magical. He made our night extremely special and we can’t say enough good things!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Chris D

Short and Simple Chris did a amazing job getting with us and making sure everything was right. Wesley the DJ was amazing.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Rebekah M

We wanted to be really careful in our search for a DJ. We looked around for weeks and took different references for DJ companies. We had a good feeling about Jump Start DJ's. We met with Chris, who was great to talk to and he gave us all the information that we needed. He... Read More contacted us throughout and made sure to answer any questions that I had. Our DJ for the wedding was Hunter. We could not have asked for a better DJ. He was kind, willing to be flexible, yet always keeping the timeline in mind. The party went the entire night and there was rarely a time when the dance floor was not full. We would definitely recommend Jump Start DJs and Hunter to anyone who asks!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Kelsey F

Absolutely love Jump Start DJ's! I worked with Chris on the payments and booking and he was wonderful. He was always available and answered all the questions I had. During out initial booking we met with Chris and discussed everything we wanted in a DJ and he did not disappoint... Read More us. We had an incredible DJ, Joseph, that kept the party alive and was very personable. He got to know my husband and I and understood exactly what we wanted. He played the perfect music and our guests loved how much he interacted with them. I was extremely picky when it came to a DJ because they can make or break your wedding and I am SOOO happy we chose Jump Start DJ's. They exceeded our expectations and made our wedding wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Jenna A

Chris was absolutely amazing! I come from a very large family and I am the baby of all my cousins (so I was the last to get married) and every family member said our wedding was the most fun they have ever been to. Chris kept the dance floor packed and surprised our guests with... Read More his acoustic sets. They didn't want Chris to put his guitar down. All in all Chris made our special day perfect and I couldn't thank him enough for playing all our favorite songs and being the best DJ I could've imagined for our wedding! Thanks Chris!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Demi F

We had great communication from start to finish. Our dance floor was packed the entire night! Our DJ kept us on track all night and always checked in with us. Great ceremony and reception DJ!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Kayla H

I highly suggest Jump Start DJ's. Their team is great at communicating and confirming all the details for your day. They also have a nicely organized website where you can request all your songs and plan out your timeline ahead of time. On our wedding night, the DJ assigned to... Read More us (Tim) really kept the party going. He was flexible with any changes we had throughout the night, was very entertaining, and the quality of the sound system and music he played was great! I had numerous people come up to me to tell me how impressed they were with Tim and requesting his contact information. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for my wedding or better communication with the owner, Chris, behind the scenes. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Bethany V

Chris Delgado, owner of Jump Start DJ's was our DJ for our ceremony and wedding at the Grand Rapids Public Museum. He absolutely made our day complete and did such an amazing job! We were so thankful for all that he did and the event turned out just perfect! Also, when he was... Read More playing his guitar and singing live, people were amazed!!! Chris did such a fantastic job and would highly recommend him to any bride! Not only did Chris come highly recommended from my co-worker and another friend of mine, after our wedding, I found out he was the DJ for a couple other friends' weddings and everyone was just amazed at his talent.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Amanda B

Jump Start DJs we're super easy and helpful to work with. Nick kept the party going all night long at our wedding! I would highly recommend them for your wedding!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Janell K

I really enjoyed working with Jumpstart DJ's. They saved me when our original DJ bailed on us for our wedding. They were beyond helpful and very organized and made sure to make this part of my wedding planning super easy for me! Our DJ Nick did an amazing job and made sure to... Read More keep events throughout the night moving along. He also played all of the songs we wanted played for sure at the wedding!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Breah R

We used Jump Start DJ's for our photobooth at our wedding, and it couldn't have been better! Our technician Dylan was funny, personable, and helpful at all times throughout the wedding. The booth was HUGE (We had upwards of 10 people in there at a time!) and there were a ton... Read More of props to choose from. The cherry on top is that you get both an album with all of the pictures that were taken (they come out as doubles, so guests get one and we get one), as well as a USB drive with all of the pictures digitally! I highly recommend using them for your Photobooth!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Tara M

Jumpstart DJs made my reception absolutely amazing! The music they chose was perfect for my husband and I and they were very open to any changes throughout the night. The photo booth was also definitely a hit for the evening!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Elliot P

We were lucky enough to have Chris as our DJ. He really felt out our crowd and kept the dance floor alive with music that we and our guests were loving! He was receptive to timing suggestions in the moment and coordinated things well with the other vendors! We also booked a... Read More photo booth which was a total hit -- we LOVE the keepsake book of pictures! We are so happy to have booked Jump Start DJs!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Jessica A

Jump Start DJs is absolutely incredible! My husband and I chose them to DJ our wedding in June and we made a great decision. We live in Florida and had our wedding in Michigan where I am from. From the first meeting to our wedding reception, Jump Start was 100% professional and... Read More made us feel relaxed and excited for our wedding. JS helped us stay organized by providing a planning chart, song list, and event timeline that was easily accessed online. Through their wide variety of songs we could select what we wanted played at our rustic, vintage themed wedding. JS contacted my husband and I during our engagement to keep in touch and get a feel and understanding for how our reception would be run. The day of the wedding, Chris was our DJ. Chris arrived at the venue in a timely and organized fashion. He set equipment up, took equipment down, and was our MC for the evening. Chris took charge and allowed us to enjoy our evening WORRY FREE!!! Not only did we have a blast at our wedding, but our guests did too. When the night ended no one wanted to leave, everyone wanted more! I highly recommended Jump Start DJs for any event!! Did I mention Jump Start is extremely affordably priced! Thank you Chris, Thank you Jump Start!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Heidi T

We loved having Jump Start DJs for our wedding reception. We had a DJ as well as the photo booth, and both were awesome (if you're on the fence about getting a photo booth or haven't considered it, definitely do it!). Chris was really flexible and easy to communicate with... Read More throughout the whole process, and always very helpful. We were able to pick "love", "like" and "do not play" songs on their website, which was convenient for us. It took a little bit to understand how the site worked, but was overall a nice feature. Our actual day of DJ, Tim, was really good about working with us. I was able to text him with last minute requests the week leading up to the wedding, which was great since we had plenty of other things stressing us out that week. Tim did a great job of keeping the reception moving along smoothly, and improvising when needed. Our photo booth was a hit with our guests, and we loved that we got full size digital copies of all the pictures that we could share with everyone. It was also nice that they brought along a box of props (there were a LOT) to use in addition to the ones we had. It would have been helpful for us to know ahead of time that they were providing them, but it was okay since we had some pretty funny ones we were excited to have out (shake weight from goodwill, who would have known it would be such a hit). Overall, great experience! Wish we could do it over again.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Rebecca R

Jump Start DJ's was awesome! They were easy to work with, friendly, and the music was great! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding! :)

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Joshua D

They kept the dance floor alive all night. Tim did a great job of gauging the crowd and keeping everyone involved. They did an absolutely fantastic job.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Lauren L

These guys were great! They were very accommodating and were dedicated to making sure we had a good time. They helped make suggestions on things that we weren't sure on. They interacted very well with our guests and made sure it was a great party. We were very happy with their... Read More service!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Anne M

We had a fantastic experience with Jumpstart DJs for our Ann Arbor wedding. Chris, the owner, is responsive, fun, professional, and shows genuine interest in making your event run smoothly. The music library is extensive and well organized. We received tons compliments on the... Read More music from our guests. Chris is truly able to read the crowd to keep people on the dance floor. We also loved having some acoustic music played. It made for an awesome night!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Lauren K

I was very happy we selected Jump State DJs for the music during our reception. Chris Delgado, the owner, made everything really easy—and he went above and beyond to search high and low for a specific song for my now-husband. Our actual DJ, Tim Podmore, was equally wonderful,... Read More calling me to cover all of the details ahead of the wedding and being incredibly flexible when items came up during the duration of the reception. A few criticisms: Several songs that I requested to play via the form online were not used (not a deal-breaker, but I had put effort into selecting songs!). Also, my father was called the wrong name when announcing the father/daughter dance. While the DJ immediately corrected himself and apologized, it was a little disappointing. Nonetheless, I'd hire Jump Start DJs again for their customer service and adaptability.

2017-04-17T14:44:45 Response from the vendor

Yes, sometimes even DJ's get tongue-tied, and after 32 years in the wedding business we've come to realize that we are in fact, human. Attitude is everything, and if we make a simple mistake, we have to correct it, apologize, and move on for the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Emily K

We loved our DJ, Nick! We filled out forms through their website before the wedding to explain our schedule and what vibe we were going for. Nick called us ahead of time to also get a feel for the vibe of the wedding. Let me just say he NAILED it .My husband and I are late 90's,... Read More early 2000's kids, and the dance music he chose for us and our friends was perfect. I also explained that my older relatives would like some Frank Sinatra type hits, and he managed to weave both musical styles together seamlessly. My only regret is that I didn't tell him that we had paid for a plate of food for him, so I'm hoping he got a chance to eat! Always feed your DJ!!!