Jump Start your wedding reception!

Thank you for considering Jump Start DJ's and Photo Booth for your entertainment. Many brides might be a bit confused on how to pick the right DJ. A good start is finding a DJ you like and trust, and is a good fit for your ideas and plans. Please call us for 5 helpful tips on how to pick your DJ!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, Polka

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Serving Michigan & Beyond (517) 482-1991

Great DJs

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Kirsten G

From start to finish, Jump Start was just plain awesome! Their customer service went above and beyond. Chris, the owner, actually called me back while on vacation. It was obvious that our DJ, Lucas, loves his job. He was friendly, helpful, enthusiastic, and really did his very... Read More best to make sure that our reception was fun. At the end of the night, he asked me if it was everything I had hoped it would be. It really was and more! Thanks so much for the work you did to give me such a wonderful reception. You rock!!

Lucas MADE the wedding reception!

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Emily D

Chris, the owner, and Lucas were exceptional. Very responsive to our specific requests leading up to the day, very professional in their execution, and very reasonably priced. Originally we signed on for just the reception, but then needed a ceremony DJ and he was able to... Read More accommodate that request. We also had a lot of specific instructions with music that we supplied ourselves (Disney wedding) which he followed superbly. He kept the energy up - we couldn't believe how many people were still on the dance floor at the end of the night - well over 60% of the guests were on the floor (having been at many many other weddings this year, that seemed like a big number to me)!

GREAT Dj!

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Chelsea T

Jump Start Djs were wonderful to work with! Chris and the DJ for our wedding (not sure his name but it was Dec. 28 in Mt Pleasant) were absolutely WONDERFUL! So professional and kept the night moving along! I really liked how the song list and itinerary were online – very... Read More helpful!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Jenna A

Chris was absolutely amazing! I come from a very large family and I am the baby of all my cousins (so I was the last to get married) and every family member said our wedding was the most fun they have ever been to. Chris kept the dance floor packed and surprised our guests with... Read More his acoustic sets. They didn't want Chris to put his guitar down. All in all Chris made our special day perfect and I couldn't thank him enough for playing all our favorite songs and being the best DJ I could've imagined for our wedding! Thanks Chris!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Demi F

We had great communication from start to finish. Our dance floor was packed the entire night! Our DJ kept us on track all night and always checked in with us. Great ceremony and reception DJ!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Kayla H

I highly suggest Jump Start DJ's. Their team is great at communicating and confirming all the details for your day. They also have a nicely organized website where you can request all your songs and plan out your timeline ahead of time. On our wedding night, the DJ assigned to... Read More us (Tim) really kept the party going. He was flexible with any changes we had throughout the night, was very entertaining, and the quality of the sound system and music he played was great! I had numerous people come up to me to tell me how impressed they were with Tim and requesting his contact information. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for my wedding or better communication with the owner, Chris, behind the scenes. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Bethany V

Chris Delgado, owner of Jump Start DJ's was our DJ for our ceremony and wedding at the Grand Rapids Public Museum. He absolutely made our day complete and did such an amazing job! We were so thankful for all that he did and the event turned out just perfect! Also, when he was... Read More playing his guitar and singing live, people were amazed!!! Chris did such a fantastic job and would highly recommend him to any bride! Not only did Chris come highly recommended from my co-worker and another friend of mine, after our wedding, I found out he was the DJ for a couple other friends' weddings and everyone was just amazed at his talent.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Amanda B

Jump Start DJs we're super easy and helpful to work with. Nick kept the party going all night long at our wedding! I would highly recommend them for your wedding!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Janell K

I really enjoyed working with Jumpstart DJ's. They saved me when our original DJ bailed on us for our wedding. They were beyond helpful and very organized and made sure to make this part of my wedding planning super easy for me! Our DJ Nick did an amazing job and made sure to... Read More keep events throughout the night moving along. He also played all of the songs we wanted played for sure at the wedding!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Breah R

We used Jump Start DJ's for our photobooth at our wedding, and it couldn't have been better! Our technician Dylan was funny, personable, and helpful at all times throughout the wedding. The booth was HUGE (We had upwards of 10 people in there at a time!) and there were a ton... Read More of props to choose from. The cherry on top is that you get both an album with all of the pictures that were taken (they come out as doubles, so guests get one and we get one), as well as a USB drive with all of the pictures digitally! I highly recommend using them for your Photobooth!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Tara M

Jumpstart DJs made my reception absolutely amazing! The music they chose was perfect for my husband and I and they were very open to any changes throughout the night. The photo booth was also definitely a hit for the evening!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Elliot P

We were lucky enough to have Chris as our DJ. He really felt out our crowd and kept the dance floor alive with music that we and our guests were loving! He was receptive to timing suggestions in the moment and coordinated things well with the other vendors! We also booked a... Read More photo booth which was a total hit -- we LOVE the keepsake book of pictures! We are so happy to have booked Jump Start DJs!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Jessica A

Jump Start DJs is absolutely incredible! My husband and I chose them to DJ our wedding in June and we made a great decision. We live in Florida and had our wedding in Michigan where I am from. From the first meeting to our wedding reception, Jump Start was 100% professional and... Read More made us feel relaxed and excited for our wedding. JS helped us stay organized by providing a planning chart, song list, and event timeline that was easily accessed online. Through their wide variety of songs we could select what we wanted played at our rustic, vintage themed wedding. JS contacted my husband and I during our engagement to keep in touch and get a feel and understanding for how our reception would be run. The day of the wedding, Chris was our DJ. Chris arrived at the venue in a timely and organized fashion. He set equipment up, took equipment down, and was our MC for the evening. Chris took charge and allowed us to enjoy our evening WORRY FREE!!! Not only did we have a blast at our wedding, but our guests did too. When the night ended no one wanted to leave, everyone wanted more! I highly recommended Jump Start DJs for any event!! Did I mention Jump Start is extremely affordably priced! Thank you Chris, Thank you Jump Start!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Heidi T

We loved having Jump Start DJs for our wedding reception. We had a DJ as well as the photo booth, and both were awesome (if you're on the fence about getting a photo booth or haven't considered it, definitely do it!). Chris was really flexible and easy to communicate with... Read More throughout the whole process, and always very helpful. We were able to pick "love", "like" and "do not play" songs on their website, which was convenient for us. It took a little bit to understand how the site worked, but was overall a nice feature. Our actual day of DJ, Tim, was really good about working with us. I was able to text him with last minute requests the week leading up to the wedding, which was great since we had plenty of other things stressing us out that week. Tim did a great job of keeping the reception moving along smoothly, and improvising when needed. Our photo booth was a hit with our guests, and we loved that we got full size digital copies of all the pictures that we could share with everyone. It was also nice that they brought along a box of props (there were a LOT) to use in addition to the ones we had. It would have been helpful for us to know ahead of time that they were providing them, but it was okay since we had some pretty funny ones we were excited to have out (shake weight from goodwill, who would have known it would be such a hit). Overall, great experience! Wish we could do it over again.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Rebecca R

Jump Start DJ's was awesome! They were easy to work with, friendly, and the music was great! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding! :)

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Joshua D

They kept the dance floor alive all night. Tim did a great job of gauging the crowd and keeping everyone involved. They did an absolutely fantastic job.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Lauren L

These guys were great! They were very accommodating and were dedicated to making sure we had a good time. They helped make suggestions on things that we weren't sure on. They interacted very well with our guests and made sure it was a great party. We were very happy with their... Read More service!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Anne M

We had a fantastic experience with Jumpstart DJs for our Ann Arbor wedding. Chris, the owner, is responsive, fun, professional, and shows genuine interest in making your event run smoothly. The music library is extensive and well organized. We received tons compliments on the... Read More music from our guests. Chris is truly able to read the crowd to keep people on the dance floor. We also loved having some acoustic music played. It made for an awesome night!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Lauren K

I was very happy we selected Jump State DJs for the music during our reception. Chris Delgado, the owner, made everything really easy—and he went above and beyond to search high and low for a specific song for my now-husband. Our actual DJ, Tim Podmore, was equally wonderful,... Read More calling me to cover all of the details ahead of the wedding and being incredibly flexible when items came up during the duration of the reception. A few criticisms: Several songs that I requested to play via the form online were not used (not a deal-breaker, but I had put effort into selecting songs!). Also, my father was called the wrong name when announcing the father/daughter dance. While the DJ immediately corrected himself and apologized, it was a little disappointing. Nonetheless, I'd hire Jump Start DJs again for their customer service and adaptability.

2017-04-17T14:44:45 Response from the vendor

Yes, sometimes even DJ's get tongue-tied, and after 32 years in the wedding business we've come to realize that we are in fact, human. Attitude is everything, and if we make a simple mistake, we have to correct it, apologize, and move on for the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Emily K

We loved our DJ, Nick! We filled out forms through their website before the wedding to explain our schedule and what vibe we were going for. Nick called us ahead of time to also get a feel for the vibe of the wedding. Let me just say he NAILED it .My husband and I are late 90's,... Read More early 2000's kids, and the dance music he chose for us and our friends was perfect. I also explained that my older relatives would like some Frank Sinatra type hits, and he managed to weave both musical styles together seamlessly. My only regret is that I didn't tell him that we had paid for a plate of food for him, so I'm hoping he got a chance to eat! Always feed your DJ!!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Mary B

We booked Jump Start DJs for our wedding in October after being referred by a friend. Right from the beginning, they were so easy to work with! Chris responded immediately to my online inquiry, and every email/phone call thereafter. Their online planning guide made things super... Read More easy and convenient. We had DJ Adam at our event and he was AMAZING! We had a wide range of age groups (lots of kids), and he did a great job finding music that kept all ages entertained throughout the night. He was also very diligent about keeping my husband and myself supplied with drinks the whole night :). Definitely would recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Andrew W

Right from the start Jump Start DJ's put us at ease. Chris (the owner) is knowledgeable and can help guide you through the process. DJ Tim helped us to have a stress free wedding and a lot of fun! Everything went off without a hitch. I would recommend them to anybody.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Danielle T

I could not recommend a better company, out of all the wedding vendors I worked with Jump Start DJs went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were getting everything we wanted and more. Every step of the process was SO simple and the owner even took the time to meet... Read More with us and get to know us personally to ensure we would have the perfect day! I had so many people coming up to me and telling me how great Tim (our DJ) was and at one point I stopped in the middle of talking with one of our guest and looked at the COMPLETELY PACKED dance floor and thought to myself, WOW- we did it, everyone is having a blast! The photobooth was also SO much fun and I loved that our guests were able to take photos home with them and still share them with us and a personalized message in our book, so now we have those memories to look back on FOREVER!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Courtney G

Chris made planning my wedding music easy and fun. The website was easy to use and he was very easy to get ahold of. We had such a great time at the wedding! The music was perfect and our guests were dancing all night!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Christine P

Chris was just great. Professional, socially adept at reading the environment, checks with us prior to starting a phase, very flexible and accommodating to last minute changes.