Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

1808 Q St., Sacramento, CA Northern California (888) 808-5283

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Julianna T

I wish I could give Kate Whelan Events an infinite level of stars because their wedding planning services are OUTSTANDING. My now-husband and I got engaged in February. We wanted to get married before the holiday season, so we settled on October/early November. These days,... Read More this is considered a shorter engagement so we knew that we would probably need the help of a wedding planner. I should also mention that my husband and I are both Greek, so the big fat Greek wedding was definitely happening. Kate and her team came recommended to us from some Greek friends who had hired her as the planner for their weddings. She was the first planner we met with and the last -- her tremendous levels of experience, professionalism, and honesty made immediate impressions on us, so once a few preliminary questions were settled, we did not hesitate to hire her. We selected her "month before" package and we selected a few other services a la carte, such as venue negotiation, and ceremony and reception design. So, from the end of February to October 15th, Kate worked with us to plan an out of town wedding (we are from Sacramento and we got married in San Francisco) where we would be hosting an anticipated 400 guests, and she absolutely nailed it. She assisted us with vendors, gave us her thoughts and opinions on each, and worked tirelessly to ensure that we were happy with her ideas. From a few abstract questions, she created a template color and flower scheme that turned out simply gorgeous. I am not creative at all, and it is very difficult for me to envision colors together, so her contributions in this area were simply golden. She connected us to her planning tools, which were indispensable. I could create guest lists for each event having to do with the wedding (ceremony, reception, engagement party, bridal showers) and track people's attendance without any issue. The budget tool was great, and the seating chart planner was fantastic. Now I will admit, I had a few moments where things just got overwhelming and I could not deal with my wedding. Kate's professionalism and kindness existed throughout the planning process, but it really shined here. If I was having trouble, she would patiently explain things to me as many times as I needed, or advise me when I was not sure how to proceed. Her patience is perfectly balanced with a "tell it like it is" attitude, and it really helps to have a planner who wants to make your wedding day perfect but who is also a realist, because this prevents unrealistic expectations. Finally, on the weekend of the wedding (Kate and her team did our rehearsal dinner too), my husband and I were able to enjoy all of the events without having to worry about anything going wrong of being out of place. My husband and I were fully able to enjoy our wedding weekend. We would recommend Kate and her team without question and without hesitation to any bride and groom who are considering hiring a wedding planner. We will be forever grateful to KWE for making our wedding perfect! TL;DR: Hire KWE -- it will be the best decision you make with respect to your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Helena T

My husband and I were married on July 16, 2016 and hired KWE to be our wedding planners. To chime in with everyone else on here, Kate Whelan is incredibly organized - I was completely overwhelmed by the prospect of wedding planning and she guided us throughout the whole... Read More process, from helping us pick our venue, manage our budget, and executing the final wedding. The most impressive think about Kate is that not only is she organized and an expert at coordination she has an incredible eye for design. I picked my colors and then kind of threw up my hands and just completely relied on her to help design the wedding. The end result was incredible. I was seriously in shock when I saw our reception, I could never have come up with something so beautiful on my own but it was exactly what I wanted. She took everything I imagined and envisioned and translated it into reality. Ultimately, Kate is a professional, she knows what she's doing. Honestly, we only hired her for the wedding and I wish we had gotten KWE for the pre-events (like Rehearsal Dinner) as well because she was so good. If you are getting married in Northern California I cannot suggest her highly enough. It is a month since we had our wedding and I cannot stop thinking about it and cannot wait to see the pictures.

Reviewed on 7/03/2016

I found Kate through a Google search of Sacramento wedding planners about a year before my partner and I got married on 5-14-16. I read her reviews and felt she might be the right choice for us. After our initial meeting to get acquainted I was convinced of this, sensing she... Read More was extremely organized and excellent at what she does. Throughout the planning process, leading up to the wedding, and especially the day of our wedding, I was so grateful I chose Kate to be the "maestro" of our event. She kept us on task in an unobtrusive way, ensuring that our event came together flawlessly. I know our stress level was reduced significantly by engaging her and allowing her to orchestrate the event. Her on-line planning tools allowed us to track our planning progress and budget, and also provided reminders of the bills for wedding vendors that were coming due. A wedding is usually a once in a lifetime event and you want it to be special and perfect. Kate and her staff ensured this happened. I'm forever grateful that a random Google search led me to her and forever grateful to her and to her staff for making our wedding and reception the best it could be. Thank you again, Kate!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015

Kate is such a pleasure to work with! I manage events at a venue and it is great to work with people who have everything under control! Kate transformed our ballroom into a magical "Midsummer Night's Dream" fairy-tale, it was absolutely stunning top to bottom! No detail was... Read More missed and she stayed on top of everything. I would highly recommend her as a planner/designer to every bride that comes through our doors, or any other venue.

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Leah B

My review of Kate Whelan Events is long overdue! Soon after becoming engaged I knew I wanted to hire a coordinator to help pull off our amazing day...after a little internet research and asking a few friends for recommendations; I found Kate Whelan Events. From my first meeting... Read More with Kate, I knew she was the best person for helping us create a memorable day! She is detail oriented, organized, creative, knows the industry and is very professional. I had very solid ideas and hopes for what the day would look like and feel like. Kate and her team did an amazing job of listening to those ideas, making suggestions, recommending vendors(FLOURISH), answering countless emails, working with an array of vendors in Sonoma County and overall being really awesome to work with and making the day more beautiful and seamless than we ever could have hoped for! KWE provides top notch, professional service and ideas and truly delivers and makes your wedding day one you will never forget! Thank you so much Kate and Lauren for being a HUGE part of why our day was so special!

2015-06-23T21:23:34 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We loved working with you on your wedding and look forward to keeping in touch. Big hugs!

If you want to avoid loosing your mind, hire Kate

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Alison P

By far the most organized wedding planner. We met with two others before hiring Kate and they didn't give us 1/16th of the information Kate did. You could tell she really knew what she was doing and the best way to do it.We hired her to do a few extra things for us like rental... Read More management and going to our venue to do a to scale graph of the room. The wedding day itself went so smoothly, and if anything went wrong I sure as heck was not told about it. She made our night so wonderful and we were actually able to enjoy the day!

The best!

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Erica N

Absolutely the best person to work with on your special day. I was looking for a day of the event coordinator and found Kate in the Real Weddings magazine. My fiancé and I met with her and were fortunate enough to have her coordinate or big day. She is professional, honest,... Read More funny, and most of all organized. She took all of the details I had worked so hard on for months and made them come to life. To write more in this review would not do her services justice as she is just the best period.

One of the very best investments we made!

Reviewed on 1/03/2014 Jeanette M

I hardly know where to start with singing my/our praises for Kate and her whole team. Kate came highly recommended from the start, for working with our tricky, incredibly remote venue, which already says a lot. But she lived up to those expectations and surpassed them, in many... Read More ways. Even though we booked her for month-of services, she was such a helpful resource from the moment we booked her, whether in our original, thoughtful conversation that already got us thinking about what we wanted, or through her incredibly thorough online portal with to-do lists. Come 1 month out, it was great to have her wrangling our contracts and making sure we either didn't forget anything crucial, or helping keep me sane with the far-less-crucial pieces too - all of it was clearly important to her. If I emailed Kate, I knew I'd not only get a response straight away, but one with way more helpful information than I could have come across even with all my crazy research. Her timeline for the weekend came with a title page, which our dear friend/cake maker says she's never seen in all her work in the industry, and was so thoughtful that relatives who couldn't make it to the wedding said it made them feel like they were there even just to read. The weekend of, there was no one I could trust more to help, to keep my mind at ease, and to get things done effectively, professionally, and also joyfully. We ended up asking her to help out a couple extra hours on the wedding day, realizing I was over my head in the number of things I could take on for what became more of a 3-day wedding than a 1-day one. We just expected that extra time would help with decor we couldn't get to and such, and that would be plenty... but I also mentioned to Kate that we'd thrown the idea of a chalkboard program out the window, and didn't even write content for it anyway... Well I just about cried when getting to the aisle, even before seeing my now-husband, as I spied one she made for us. Wow. That's Kate. She was one of the very best "things" we spent our money on for the wedding, and we simply can't thank her enough.

Amazing Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Robert P

I worked with Kate on a wedding in Sacramento and she was amazing! The Citizen Hotel was a bustling venue, but she handled every single detail with expertise and a calm, polite manner. The bride and groom loved her and she treated all the vendors and guests with the utmost... Read More respect. I'd recommend her in an instant for any wedding looking for the perfect wedding planner!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Josh N

Kate and her team were amazing. Yes that is the title of this review but I can't say it enough. I didn't want to plan anything, I just wanted to have a good time and enjoy the moment. Kate allowed my wife and me to experience our wedding. On the day of the event Kate was... Read More able to put out fires and deal with all of the people and moving parts without me ever knowing. My wife and I, as well as our guests enjoyed good food, drinks and eachother with zero drama. I would highly recommend Kate Miller Events for your wedding, give her a call. JP

Professional, Modern, Unparalleled Service

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Garrett M

Planning a wedding is something most men rarely do. Most husbands-to-be allow their brides-to-be do all the planning. Girlfriends are called up, mother and mother-in-law pick out china patterns, and a gaggle of ladies plan to their hearts content. The men, in my experience,... Read More simply must provide the occasional yes or no. So when two men decide to get married and neither one has the wedding planning gene… well, they need to get a little help. Enter Kate Miller, who quickly took the hands of two somewhat misanthropic grooms and helped them put on what had to be one of the most amazing weddings ever conceived. While I can stress up a storm at the drop of a hat and my partner is a tad forgetful, she was able to actively engage us and get to know us both as a couple and as individuals. We knew right away she was the right choice when at our very first meeting she helped us figure out our budget. We were on a tight one. She was able to explain what parts of the kind of wedding we wanted to do were necessary and what wasn’t, and she kept us realistic about what we could do. That might sound rather blah, but because she made thing so financially clear she was able to provide multiple options that still got us what we wanted, or helped us find even better options we hadn’t thought of before. In addition, Kate also used plenty of technology to keep things organized. Her team uses a dashboard on their server that allowed us to send messages, assign tasks, share documents, review vendor orders, and keep us on task with timely checklists that kept us on task for what needed doing and when. Kate was always on time with what she needed to do, and kept us on time for the things we needed to do (get suits tailored, send out cards, etc.). Come the day of there was no stress at all. We knew that Kate was on site and that everything would be handled beautifully. And it was. I cannot recommend Kate and her team enough. She will ensure that your wedding is perfect.

Kate Miller Events

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Alecia P

Kate gave me the gift of being present on our wedding day. We hired Kate for Day Of Coordination. She and her team were worth every single penny. I did not worry about anything...literally not one thing. We had an outdoor ceremony and right before my jaunt down the aisle... Read More there was hail, thunder, rain, etc. I was eerily calm (weird right?), because I knew Kate had it taken care of. She set up a second ceremony space in a pinch just in case, and then the weather cleared just in time. I did a lot of DIY decor, Kate displayed them beautifully. She was there for questions about vendors, gave me so much advice regarding those little touches us brides lose sleep over. I would highly recommend Kate Miller! You deserve to be present on your wedding day too!

Kate Miller Events - Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 7/06/2013 Christopher G

Upon getting engaged, I was immediately overwhelmed. I knew I wanted some wedding planning help, but I also knew that our budget was tight and it felt like an expense that would be hard to justify. My fiance (now husband) Chris was even more skeptical. Well having now been... Read More through the process, we're both believers, and we couldn't be more happy that we not only chose to have a wedding planner, but also that we chose Kate from Kate Miller Events. KME's baseline services are for "day of" planning/coordination, but even her "day of" package starts almost 2 months out to make sure your vendors, venues, bridal party, and families are all ready for your big day. Additionally, as soon as you book KME, Kate's fantastic online tools are available and at your disposal to help track budget, to-do list, contracts, milestones and more. We would have been lost without these, and because Chris and I are so online oriented, it was so much easier for us to collaborate using her tools. I could probably write a short novella of all the ways that Kate helped us and went above and beyond for us as clients, but for the sake of brevity, I won't. What I will say, is that hiring Kate was probably the single decision that went the furthest in making our wedding day as wonderful as it was. Not only is she just very good at her job, but the knowledge that she is on top of everything gave us so much less to be worried or nervous about in the weeks leading up to our wedding. As a matter of fact, our venue's veteran wedding coordinator (you know, the one the venues tout as the reason you don't need an outside planner... "We handle all of your coordination needs!"), was actually laid off just 3 months before our wedding and replaced just 6 weeks prior to our big day with a part time coordinator. If we hadn't had Kate to rely on, this would have definitely freaked us out, but instead, we simply knew it would all be fine. The best part about working with Kate, is that although we know she has clients buying the whole kit and caboodle from her, and we were only able to afford her base package, she never made us feel like she was anything but committed to us as clients. She answered questions when she didn't have to, she had our back when vendors tried to pull fast ones on us, and she was a fantastic point of reference throughout the entire planning process. And above all, we really liked her. She's just awesome at what she does. Chris and I couldn't recommend her more.

Thank you, Kate!

Reviewed on 2/02/2013 Allison R

HUGE thank you to Kate and her team for making it all happen for us. Not only is Kate incredibly organized, but she really took the time to get to know us and our style. She made fantastic suggestions when she felt they were welcome or especially important, but never tried to... Read More force anything on us or talk us into something we weren't comfortable with. I can't begin to explain how great it felt to trust her 100% and know that everything was under control on our wedding day. Every aspect was taken care of, down to the smallest detail, and my husband and I never once worried about a single thing. She glued my sister/maid of honor's eyelashes back on when they started to peel off after the ceremony, she brought me an assortment of granola bars when she overheard me whisper to my husband-to-be that I was hungry during family photos, she brought all of our gorgeous flowers and candles up to our hotel room after the reception so that we'd have a beautiful room to come back to... and I know that as soon as we get all the photographs back, we'll see detail after detail that we missed that day and be so grateful for! Because of her, we were able to just truly relax and enjoy a beautiful day with the people we love most. Thank you again, Kate - we'll let you know when it's time to throw a vow renewal party!

My beautiful bling wedding!

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 Jessica N

Kate and her team were absolutely amazing. Kate did an incredible job executing my vision and we couldnt of done it without her. Having a wedding planner was one of the smartest choices I made, my day was stress free and everything went smoothly. Very grateful for Kate and her... Read More wonderful team. Thank you for everything Kate!

The HideOut Wedding

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Fran R

Dear Kate, With all the energy and emotion of Amanda and Mike's wedding day, I didn't get a chance to thank you personally for all that you did to make it a success. My family and I would like to express our gratitude to you for your part in making Amanda and Mike's wedding... Read More such a wonderful memory. Your coordination of vendors and attention to the details of the wedding was amazing. The wedding site and all the decorations that Amanda wanted were very beautifully arranged. Your staff was very efficient, thoughtful and helpful through the entire celebration. I know the inclement weather was a challenge, but your experience and calm demeanor allowed our guests to enjoy the food and music without interruption. One of the memories that will remain of the wedding is how many times your staff patiently tossed plastic tarps over the vintage furniture and removed them when a ray of sun broke through the clouds and my glimpse of you in your "garbage bag" attire to protect against the rain. My sincere thanks for your efforts and genuine concern for Amanda and Mike and our family and guests at the HideOut wedding last Saturday. I will certainly recommend you to anyone I know who is planning a destination wedding. Yours truly, Fran Rozoff

Kate Rocks

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Jillian L

I love Kate Miller. My wedding was everything I could have ever wanted. She exceeded my expectations. The day of the wedding she was so on and kept everything running smoothly. If there was even so much as a hiccup, I didn't know about it. She is fabulous and has such an eye for... Read More aesthetics. Bottom line, my wedding was GORGEOUS because of Kate and her awesome awesome team!!

Great Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 12/17/2011 Lia B

KME helped us plan our entire wedding, from start to finish. Kate's professionalism, creativity, dedication, style and knowledge of all things wedding were evident in everything we planned together. We relied on Kate and her staff for a great deal, and they absolutely helped... Read More make our wedding the best it could be!

An essential part of a wedding....

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Cindy G

Going into planning our daughter's wedding we all had an idea of what was most important to each of us. My husband wanted a great photographer. My daughter felt the venue was the most important thing. The groom had a passion for the music. As the mother of the bride I wanted a... Read More planner who could enable me to actually be relaxed and enjoy the day of the wedding. In Kate Miller Events I found my answer! Kate knows how to make a wedding happen - from timing of each aspect to organization of it all - she has it all covered. We hired Kate for our day of services and we were delighted with how easily everything unfolded under her guidance. It was the best money I ever spent! We also used Kate Miller Events for our stationary needs and that gave us a unique professional look to our invitations that we loved. We can't thank Kate enough!

Great!

Reviewed on 3/31/2011 Angie H

Great at everything she does. Made our day stress free and took care of everything we needed. Worth every single dollar!