Kathryn's Bridal, Dress Shop & Invitation Studio

Kathryn's Bridal is the area's premier bridal, tuxedo, special occasion & invitation destination. Our outstanding collection, personal service & attention to detail is what every woman expects & deserves. Our beautiful location will enhance your experience, & we look forward to being of assistance to you !

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion Services, Fashion

3807 W. Elm St. (IL. Rt. 120), McHenry, IL (815) 385-7330
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Emily L

Kathryn's was my first and only stop when I was looking for a wedding dress. They have an absolutely incredible selection of dresses, and their staff is totally committed to helping you find the right dress at the right price. At the beginning of the appointment, I set my... Read More budget, and I wasn't even allowed to try on dressed that were over my limit. :) Laura did all my alterations, and she was very quick and responsive. My dress is simple and beautiful, and I can't wait to wear it this weekend! I'd 100% recommend Kathryn's as a one-stop shop for every bride.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Elizabeth B

I have been going to Kathryn's for years now and I am always so impressed by their wide selection of gowns. I purchased both my prom dresses there and went back just last month to pick out my wedding dress! My consultant was kind and very helpful when it came down to decision... Read More making. My wedding isn't for another year but I cannot wait till my dress comes in and we can start the alteration process! By far the best bridal salon around!

2017-05-30T13:57:58 Response from the vendor

Dear Elizabeth, Your review made our staff smile! Thank you for giving us the privilege to be a part of this most special day. We look forward to assisting you each step of the way as you prepare to walk down the aisle! Best wishes... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Gia N

Kathryn's was my first and only stop. From the minute we walked in to the minute we left it was the most amazing experience. The staff is friendly, professional and knowledgeable. The selection of dresses is amazing. I felt like a kid in the candy store going through dresses and... Read More selecting ones I wanted. I did not feel overwhelmed or rushed. The best part is that they have bridesmaid dresses available as well. After my appointment was over there was some time left to for my girls to look at dresses and we were able to select bridesmaid dresses the same day! I highly recommend booking your first appointment here!

2017-05-09T10:31:24 Response from the vendor

Dear Gia, It was a true pleasure to meet you and help you find the dress of your dreams! We also enjoyed meeting all the special ladies in your life. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this life moment. We are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Katie F

Found my perfect dress at Kathryn's! Wasn't expecting to find a dress on the first trip but after trying on several that had components that I liked, they found me a dress that had everything I wanted and is absolutely perfect! They went above and beyond to make the appointment... Read More fantastic and I'm so happy I found my dream dress!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Lindsey K

They helped me to find the most amazing dress. They also where very kind and helpful and did not make me feel pushed into buying a dress. Also got a tasty champane toast after I said yes to my dress 😊 My family and friends enjoyed joining in also.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Hillary R

This was such an amazing last minute find! I actually had another appointment made somewhere else and their receptionist was really rude so I cancelled that appointment and found Kathryn's through the knot! MJ was my consultant while at Kathryn's and she was AMAZING. So much... Read More personality and so genuine, we loved her! She actually cried right before I did when I tried on THE dress! So sweet!!! Definitely recommend, lots of beautiful dresses and reasonably priced!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Kara W

The staff was extremely patient and helpful with everything! They were extremely respectful of my budget and really listened to what I liked and didn't like about each dress!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Ashley G

I had such a great experience at Kathryn's! It was a quick and easy process & I found my dress my first visit! The staff is super friendly and attentive.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Courtney M

I had my invitations done at Kathryn's and they turned out beautiful! Anna N.'s attention to detail, expertise and dedication to her work made this a smooth process!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Delaney U

I cant say enough great things about this place!! Especially my bridal consultant Lanna!! She was absolutely amazing and extremely helpful through everything!!!! She helped me find a wedding dress that best suit my figure as well as took all of my wants and needs into... Read More consideration! She also helped me picked out my bridesmaid dresses! If you want great service with an amazing consultant go to Lanna!! Thanks to her for making this day so special!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Kayla T

Love this boutique! I came here knowing I wanted to get my dress from here from all the positive reviews. This was my first go with searching my dress, until then, I was picking out ideas and favorites of the designers they had at their shop. I was paired with Kimberly and she... Read More was very patient, friendly, and very helpful. She had me try on dresses that I wouldn't choose and dresses that were similar to what I was looking for. I was in tears when I said yes to my dress! They provide invitations, groom wear, and bridesmaids' dresses, which I look forward to visiting. They made you feel like a queen there and I would and have recommended them my friends. Thank you for helping me find my dress Kimberly! I can't wait to see it when it comes in!

2017-04-11T10:41:59 Response from the vendor

Dear Kayla, Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We are so happy that you found your dress and felt like a queen! That is exactly how we want every bride to feel! We are honored to call you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Olga M

I had a very positive experience at Kathryn's Bridal. It was the first shop I went to in search of a wedding dress so I was nervous and didn't know what to expect. Thankfully everybody there was very friendly and helpful. They also have a beautiful and wide selection of wedding... Read More dresses starting at very affordable prices. I described what style of dress I was looking for and the lady that was helping me started going around, grabbing dress after dress after dress. Most places will grab a specific amount of dresses (like 6 or 7) but at Kathryn's they didn't seem to be concerned with numbers, they just wanted to give me as many choices as possible. I did find THE dress there. The only reason I visited another store after Kathryn's is that I wanted to get my dress from a store that was closer to home. My work schedule is very hectic so it would have been hard for me to schedule fittings later on if I had to drive too long to get there. I was very happy with them and that's why I felt so bad when I called to let them know I purchased the dress from another place. She was very understanding and nice and wished me the best. Not only that, a few days later I received a card in the mail from them congratulating me again for finding the perfect dress. I thought that was very nice especially because they didn't have to since I didn't get it from them. I had a great experience at Kathryn's Bridal and I definitely would have gotten my dress from them if it was closer to my house. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Mandy R

When looking for my bridal gown Kathryn's was fantastic! I felt special and important. There were a number of different styles and sizes to try on which was very nice. The appoint went smoothly, and I didn't feel rushed. My dress has not yet come in, so I haven't worked with... Read More the seamstress in alterations yet.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Kimberly H

Kathryn's was my first & only dress appointment. Our consultant Anna was so incredibly helpful & did her research to know exactly what I was looking for. She looked at emails I'd sent, my Pinterest board, and even helped pull bridesmaid dresses I'd researched for my out of town... Read More sisters to try on while we were there. She challenged me to try on dresses outside my comfort zone so I could confidently rule them out. She was so incredibly respectful of our budget which I greatly appreciated. With each dress I tried on, Anna would listen to my likes & dislikes and find something that was a step in the right direction. I found exactly what I was hoping for, in my budget, and the right veil to round out the dress. I was unsure how I would feel trying on wedding dresses & being the center of attention, and my experience at Kathryn's was exactly what I'd hoped it'd be. Private dressing room for getting into the dresses, the only bride in the salon, a consultant who listened to my opinions & adapted the dresses to try on accordingly, no pushy salespeople or pressure whatsoever. It was an encouraging, educational, positive shopping trip. I would highly recommend Kathryn's to anyone looking for a positive bridal experience. Anna went above and beyond to help me find everything I was looking for and was so respectful, patient, and supportive. Thank you Kathryn's!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Savannah G

I have shopped at Kathryn's Bridal for years. I went to Kathryn for all of my pageant and prom dresses. Last week, I ended up saying yes to my wedding dress with Kathryn herself. Very personable and honest people. Loved my consultant. I enjoyed having a little "meet and greet"... Read More with my consultant before even trying on a dress. I could not be more pleased!

2016-11-03T10:37:33 Response from the vendor

Dear Savannah, It has been a delight to be of service to you over the years! We are so excited that you said "YES" to the most important dress of your life here at Kathryn's! Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Vicki B

Melissa and the entire staff made me feel wonderful. Being the mother of the groom, I was so excited to find the perfect dress. I am happy o say that I did. What a beautiful selection they have to choose from. I felt like a million bucks, when I left. Thank you all for your... Read More enthusiasm, and kindness.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jamie N

Great atmosphere and service. The staff was very nice and helpful. It made finding a dress stress-free and fun.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Kelly P

I used to watch SYTTD all the time and dream about how my day would be. My experience at Kathryn's was more than I could have ever dreamt of! I purchased my dress at Kathryn's on Saturday. I must say that my experience was beyond PHENOMENAL. I was at another bridal salon prior... Read More to arriving at Kathryn's and the two salons do not even compare to one another. The second my large group and I walked into the door at Kathryn's we knew we were in the right place. The entire staff was so bubbly and friendly. I had the pleasure of working with Anna. She was AMAZING!!! She really took the time to listen to what I pictured myself in. I felt so comfortable with her. Every dress that I tried on, she made me feel like a beautiful bride. Once I had "the" dress on, Anna put the veil on and I started crying tears of joy. When I said yes to the dress it was a big celebration. The other bridal consultants took the time to come say congratulations and then Kathryn brought out the champagne. I felt like I was on top of the world thanks to the staff at Kathryn's, my group, and my beautiful dress! Thanks to Kathryn's my SYTTD experience was a dream come true!

2016-09-27T15:00:39 Response from the vendor

Dear Kelly, It was such a pleasure to help you find your beautiful wedding dress! We are honored that we were able to provide you with the experience you dreamt of and to share in your joy. Thank you for trusting us to be a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Camille S

I mean wow! Bought my dress today at Kathryn's with help from Anna. All the staff was absolutely amazing. So welcoming and willing to help in anyway. Everyone was so friendly, and it was genuine. Anna was patient and truthful with me, and I found my perfect dress because of... Read More her. The selection was amazing as well, and I'm plus size. I never got to try on this many dresses anywhere else that were my size. After I found the one they let me wear it for quite a while and just enjoy being a bride. I would go back and do it all again. This place is a brides dream.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Katie L

I went Bridal Shopping at Kathryn's and had a wonderful experience. This was my second time dress shopping and I was happy to say that this by far beat out my horrific 1st time experience at Volle's in Lake Zurich. Not only was Kathyrn's a better place to try on dresses because... Read More of the size fitting rooms and the rooms where they hold their dresses but they did an outstanding job offering advice and pulling the styles I wanted to try on. Lana, the amazing sales woman, who helped me during this entire process was nothing short of FANTASTIC!!! She truly cares about you as a person and wants nothing but the best for your big day! This personable experience made wedding dress shopping fun and enjoyable! She was patience, kind and caring during both of my extensive appointments. I highly recommend Kathryn's to any and all bride to be's. You will not be disappointed with their high quality service and kind and caring nature! They are very detail oriented and were very knowledgeable when it came to knowing fabrics, designers and any questions regarding alterations. This bridal store is a MUST to visit! =) Some things I LOVED about Kathryn's: - You can walk around and pick out dresses to try on (2 rooms full of dresses) - Big fitting rooms - Full sized mirrors - Customer Service - Caring consultants - Outstanding people and business - Large dress selection - Variety in different style dresses - Knowledgeable in their field and in knowing designers, fabrics and alternation questions - Were able to answer any question I had - Match any veil, belt or any other bling you wanted to add to your dress! - Tasteful selections They also have an entire downstairs for Mother of the bride dresses and an entire upstairs for your bridesmaid dresses! Including color swatches for any dress you pick out! This Boutique is a MUST to visit!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Caitlin L

I enjoyed every single visit to Kathryn's Bridal! From picking out my dress to alteration appointments, everyone was extremely friendly, helpful and lovely. Kathryn's had an amazing selection of gowns within an appropriate price range. I never felt "sold to" but rather, felt... Read More genuinely cared about. I felt like they really wanted my day to be exactly what I envisioned. Can't say enough great things about Kathryn's!

2016-09-06T10:59:57 Response from the vendor

Dear Recent Bride, Thank you for taking the time to submit your lovely review. We are thrilled you felt the genuine joy and excitement we have for each and every bride we serve. It is a privilege to be a part of this most memorable... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Erin S

I went with my mother not expecting to find my dream dress on the first shopping trip, but wow, the staff at Kathryn's was incredible and we walked away with the perfect dress and matching veil! The consultant we worked with, Kathie, was so attentive and really listened to what... Read More I said and gave me time to consider the options and knew exactly when to give my mom and I time alone. They were so professional and completely de-mystified the process for me. Once we had selected the gown they explained every step of the process and I do not feel nearly as anxious about it as I did going in! For anyone looking for their gown, Kathryn's has wonderful staff and a HUGE selection of beautiful dresses. I'm so excited to go back in a few months and see my dress (and their staff) again!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Melissa S

There is a huge selection of gowns here. I got engaged in June and have set a wedding date in January 2017. With such a short engagement, I was worried about the dresses I would be able to order in time. Kathryn's had dozens of dresses in sample sizes that fit me and they even... Read More had a huge sample sale going on! They completely took the stress of the time frame out of the situation for me. I found my gown and I have never felt more beautiful! They were very accommodating to my mom and future mother-in-law. **Post-Wedding Review: The fitting and alteration process was quick and easy with Kathryn's! My dress was supposed to arrive around Thanksgiving, but it came in a month early! I got started right away with my fitting appointments and had my dress done about a month before the wedding. It was so nice to have one thing crossed off the list! I felt absolutely BEAUTIFUL in my gown and got many compliments on how it was the perfect dress for me. I couldn't be happier with having chosen this gown or Kathryn's.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Lauren P

I had the most incredible experience at Kathryn's bridal! In fact- it was so great it was the only bridal salon I went to and purchased the 5th dress I tried on!!! The staff is amazing - they truly make you feel like the incredible bride you are! After a consultation they allow... Read More you and your guests to actually walk around and pull any and all dresses you want!! They do not hover over you, and they also pick a few based on your consultation!! 5 stars - best experience!!

2016-07-28T17:16:05 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We are honored to have received your lovely review! Our staff takes great pride in helping each bride find the dress of her dreams and we are proud we could do the same for you. Thank you for your kind words... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Daniel R

Wonderful experience! I brought my two maids of honor, my mother and soon to be mother in-law, and although we all had different sense of taste and style our assistant for the afternoon helped us all get on the same page. One of the hardest parts about shopping for a wedding... Read More dress for me is to critique any of the beautiful gowns. However Anna, our consultant, helped me have the confidence to critique the dresses I did not like, and identify what it was about the dresses I disliked or liked. Along with that she never brought a dress into the fitting room that was over my price point. Allowing me to chose a dress that was almost half my budget! With that in mind I was able to find a dress that fits my personality and style, and most importantly one that makes me feel like a beautiful and confident version of myself!

2016-07-28T17:50:16 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you for taking the time to submit your wonderful review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience and found the dress of your dreams that fit your style and budget! We are honored to have been a part of this... Read Less Read More