Kathryn's Bridal, Dress Shop & Invitation Studio

After over a decade of experience in the fashion world, Kathryn Trocki dreamed of opening a premier bridal boutique in her quaint home town of McHenry with trend setting designer dresses and accessories for Brides, Mothers, Maids, Homecoming, Prom, Pageant and even Invitations and Tuxedo Rentals. This vision became a reality in 2005 when Kathryn's Bridal opened its doors and began showcasing a curated collection of exquisite gowns combined with an outstanding customer service experience. Kathryn's genuine passion for making every bride look beautiful and feel special led to award winning local and national recognition. We do much more than sell dresses! We ensure every bride we serve is completely delighted and "aisle ready" for the most important day of her life. *By Appointment only

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion Services, Fashion

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

3807 W. Elm St. (IL. Rt. 120), McHenry, IL (815) 385-7330
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Rachel T

The absolute best! Kathryn's has an incredibly romantic, boutique feel and the most diverse inventory I had found while shopping. I had a hard time choosing my dress because I loved them all (and all in my respective price point - they have quite a variety)! I felt... Read More comfortable there and with the consultants who helped me, something that I have found isn't always the case at bridal shops. The ladies were patient with me and had so many options and unique ideas to make my dress special. A majority of my family members came back to get their attire here as well (and tuxes) and all of us had great experiences with the seamstresses, too, which were very reasonably priced (especially when coming from Chicago). If you're not going to Kathryn's for your dress you're doing it wrong, it's simply a very special experience. Excited to bring my friends for their bridal needs in the future!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Navelle G

Kathryn's was the first place I went to when I started my dress shopping journey. All staff there were very friendly and accommodating. We worked with Lanna and she listened to everything I said about what style I was looking for. We were allowed to shop the racks and pick out... Read More the ones I wanted to try on. Lanna asked questions about every dress I tried on and to help me find the right one and was very patient with my indecisiveness. I found the perfect dress, but wanted to think about it first. We then went to Davids Bridal, but after the star treatment we received at Kathryn's, and the designer dresses they had, David's Bridal was no match. We needed up returning to Kathryn's the next day and bought my perfect dress. Don't even bother shopping at the big warehouse stores, Kathryn's provides a personal and professional shopping experience that nowhere else can.

2017-11-28T19:21:47 Response from the vendor

Dear Navelle, It was such a pleasure to help you find the dress of your dreams! We are so pleased to hear that our staff delighted you with a professional and personal shopping experience. It is with much pride that we welcome you to the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Anna S

I bought all of my prom dresses from Kathryn's when I was in high school, so it was a no brainer when I went back to look for wedding dresses! I couldn't have asked for a better experience. They were so patient with me even though I definitely exceeded the time allotted for the... Read More appointment!! They made a point to stick within my budget as well! Nothing but good things so say! At the end of the day it was very easy to say "yes to the dress" at Kathryn's !

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Katie S

I had a wonderful experience at Kathryn's Bridal looking for my wedding dress. I went in thinking I knew what I liked but when I got there I ended up not liking that style on me. My attendant was so helpful and very patient with me. She brought me several styles until I found... Read More the one that I loved. For my dress fittings, I have to rave about the seamstress, Laura. I live out of town and Laura worked around my schedule every time I was able to come to town, even when the shop was closed. She did a beautiful job making sure that my dress fit perfectly, was able to be bustled in a way that didn't hide the beauty of the dress, and was so flexible with my schedule. The entire staff was so friendly and made me and my family very welcome. I would recommend Kathryn's Bridal to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Christi R

I found my dream dress at Kathryn's Bridal, and the seamstress Laura was wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Katie K

Had a wonderful experience at Kathryns! I found my dress there, the entire bridal party's dresses, and my moms gown there. The prices were decent for the bridesmaid and mother of the gown dress, and VERY reasonable for my wedding dress. The staff was friendly and welcoming and... Read More really worked hard to find a dress to fit my body shape and style preferences. The staff also picked a few items that they think would look good on me and they hit it out of the park! The real star of the show, however, is their seamstress that they have on staff. The seamstress for the bridal gowns did an outstanding job and was reasonably priced. I had needed a LOT of work and she made sure that my dress fit me to a T for the big day. I looked and felt amazing and confident in my dress and I couldnt have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Ashley V

I just LOVE Kathryn's! I have been going to this place for many, many years and the overall experience was amazing as always! I found my perfect wedding dress that I cannot stop thinking about and bridesmaids dresses the same day and couldn't be happier! I am also planning to... Read More go back to look at Tuxes, Invitations, and a Mother of the Bride dress. Thank you again Kathryn's bridal and see you soon! :)

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Jodeci G

My overall experience from the time I entered Kathryn's until I left was heartwarming. The staff endured the excitement along my me and my family. I knew the moment I entered I found my dress. Kathryn's bridal truly made my wedding experience one I'll never forget!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Nora B

I had a wonderful time at Kathryn's. The consultant (Melissa) was clearly very knowledgable, and made me feel really comfortable while we were shopping. Everyone was very nice and helpful, and got everyone who came with me involved. Melissa was honest, gave great advice, and... Read More really made the appointment fun and stress-free. I knew I was in good hands! I would recommend Kathryn's to anyone. I went to a few other salon's but Kathryn's had the largest and the most diverse inventory, as well as the most competitive pricing. We had a beautiful day. Loved it!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Mary T

When it came to finding a wedding dress, I knew I wanted to go to Kathryn's! My sister and a close friend both purchased their dresses at Kathryn's and I knew I was in good hands there. I loved being able to walk the floor and look for dresses I was interested in! I pulled my... Read More dress off the rack and was instantly in love. All the dresses I tried on were beautiful and of great quality. The staff was great and patient with me as I tried on quite a few, and ultimately the dress I bought a couple times! I loved the entire experience.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Lauren A

Absolutely amazing service! Tammy is a joy to work with and I recommend her to anyone! After an unfortunate event I had to find another wedding gown after I had already chosen one. They got me in the very next day and were so patient and understanding. We were successful in... Read More finding another dress, which was even better, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you again ladies for helping me find my dream gown!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Chelsie S

They went above and beyond

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Amy W

I just bought my wedding dress here and from the moment I called to make he appointment to the cheers when I found the dress, this boutique treated me like a queen. They were incredibly attentive, they listened to my likes, and they made my entire family have an incredible... Read More memory! I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Megan R

Made you feel really special, and really listened and valued your opinion. Loved the champagne at the end when I found the dress!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Carina R

Your wedding day is a very special day and I expect for my bridal accessories to be treated as special .unfortunately I ordered my sash and veil from Kathryn's Bridal and I was very disappointed .Went to pick up my items they handed them to me in the plastic bag it ships in all... Read More wrinkled . Not sure if this is standard but As a paying customer I would expect for it to be properly packaged for me and pressed. I am very glad I DIDNT purchase my gown from Kathryn's they don't listen to your needs and they try to sell you a dress. Will not recommend and will never return to this bridal store.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Becky K

We went to Kathryn's after a not so great experience at another salon. My consultant's name, I believe, was MJ. What set Kathryn's apart from the other salon I went to is that you can walk around and pick the gowns on your own, whereas at other places you only get to try on what... Read More the consultant's pull for you. MJ was SO FUN! She was advising us while still giving us our own space to browse. She took the time to get to know us and gave us her honest opinion. She was sensitive to the fact that I was struggling to choose a gown without my mom, and cried with me in the dressing room when I needed it. She was incredible. The rest of the staff was equally as incredible to work with. Everything was seamless. The receptionists always answered my questions whenever I called. The seamstress was so knowledgeable, and I felt the alterations were fairly priced. I would recommend Kathryn's to any bride, even if McHenry is a little bit of a hike! I had to drive 45 minutes for every appointment, but it was 110% worth every trip! I couldn't have gotten that at any other salon!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Kati M

Kathryn's was my third (and last) bridal shop to look for a dress! I was confused on the style I wanted and my consultant was so patient with me! She and Kathryn helped me say YES to something I never thought I would even try on! The alterations woman was there to give her... Read More advise also on some changes I wanted to make. I can't wait to continue working with them.

2017-07-20T20:45:23 Response from the vendor

Dearest Kati, We so appreciate your thoughtful review! We are honored that you chose to say Yes at Kathryn's Bridal and become one of our exclusive brides. We also look forward to the opportunity to help you select bridesmaids, tuxedos and invitations too. Warmest wishes... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Katie F

Found my perfect dress at Kathryn's! Wasn't expecting to find a dress on the first trip but after trying on several that had components that I liked, they found me a dress that had everything I wanted and is absolutely perfect! They went above and beyond to make the appointment... Read More fantastic and I'm so happy I found my dream dress!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Lindsey K

They helped me to find the most amazing dress. They also where very kind and helpful and did not make me feel pushed into buying a dress. Also got a tasty champane toast after I said yes to my dress 😊 My family and friends enjoyed joining in also.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Hillary R

This was such an amazing last minute find! I actually had another appointment made somewhere else and their receptionist was really rude so I cancelled that appointment and found Kathryn's through the knot! MJ was my consultant while at Kathryn's and she was AMAZING. So much... Read More personality and so genuine, we loved her! She actually cried right before I did when I tried on THE dress! So sweet!!! Definitely recommend, lots of beautiful dresses and reasonably priced!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Kara W

The staff was extremely patient and helpful with everything! They were extremely respectful of my budget and really listened to what I liked and didn't like about each dress!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Elizabeth B

I have been going to Kathryn's for years now and I am always so impressed by their wide selection of gowns. I purchased both my prom dresses there and went back just last month to pick out my wedding dress! My consultant was kind and very helpful when it came down to decision... Read More making. My wedding isn't for another year but I cannot wait till my dress comes in and we can start the alteration process! By far the best bridal salon around!

2017-05-30T13:57:58 Response from the vendor

Dear Elizabeth, Your review made our staff smile! Thank you for giving us the privilege to be a part of this most special day. We look forward to assisting you each step of the way as you prepare to walk down the aisle! Best wishes... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Ashley G

I had such a great experience at Kathryn's! It was a quick and easy process & I found my dress my first visit! The staff is super friendly and attentive.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Gia N

Kathryn's was my first and only stop. From the minute we walked in to the minute we left it was the most amazing experience. The staff is friendly, professional and knowledgeable. The selection of dresses is amazing. I felt like a kid in the candy store going through dresses and... Read More selecting ones I wanted. I did not feel overwhelmed or rushed. The best part is that they have bridesmaid dresses available as well. After my appointment was over there was some time left to for my girls to look at dresses and we were able to select bridesmaid dresses the same day! I highly recommend booking your first appointment here!

2017-05-09T10:31:24 Response from the vendor

Dear Gia, It was a true pleasure to meet you and help you find the dress of your dreams! We also enjoyed meeting all the special ladies in your life. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this life moment. We are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Courtney M

I had my invitations done at Kathryn's and they turned out beautiful! Anna N.'s attention to detail, expertise and dedication to her work made this a smooth process!