Keith Christopher Entertainment Group

Schaumburg, IL

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

1173 Tower Road, Schaumburg, IL

Reviewed on 12/13/2015 Myla P

KC was one of the first vendors we booked because we felt like we just clicked well with Darryle and Chris. We were super excited and just knew they would be great for our wedding! A couple weeks before the wedding we filled out the questionnaire and sent it, then met with... Read More Darryle to go over it. He confirmed all of our song selections and our do not play list, and went over how to pronounce our bridal party's names. He indicated everything was "good to go." When we arrived at our reception, the first thing I was told was that Chris couldn't make it that night so he brought a different assistant. Ok, no problem, these things happen. As I was greeting guests and getting in line for introductions, his assistant came to me and asked me if I could go back in and watch some YouTube videos to see which one had the right intro music for our Blues Brothers intro. This is something he really should have clarified with us when we met with him weeks before, and clearly he didn't do anything until the very last minute. My day of coordinator took care of it and I thought all was well, but then just before intros Darryle came out and asked me what other song I wanted played since our song was too short (again, something we should have known weeks ago). I told him to play Sinatra or Dean Martin. Instead, he played Pharrell Williams' Happy. Seriously? When we watched our wedding video, we also noticed that he had mispronounced several bridal party names. Not even complicated names. For example, he prounced "Yetter" as "Yooter." Throughout dinner we were very happy with the music. He played a lot of rat pack which our guests loved. Our toasts, first dance, garter and bouquet also went well. The next hitch came during the first dance for everyone, when he decided to play Ed Sheeran (who was on the do not play list). As dancing continued, we noticed our dance floor was pretty empty a lot of the time. Mostly because he kept playing A LOT of Michael Jackson. We danced to a couple of them, but it was just too much. At that point Darryle came to me and said he didn't know why people weren't dancing and thought he should play some merengue. I said no and suggested he play more of the music he played during dinner. So he switched to a slow rat pack song, and guess what, the dance floor was full! Which was great, except he immediately followed it with Thriller. Overall, we had a pretty amazing wedding day, but the DJ was honestly one of the things that we would have gone back and changed. We just wish they had done more preparation and had a better ability to "feel the room."

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Anne T

Keith Christopher Entertainment was hands down amazing!! I got compliments after compliments about Daryl. He was upbeat, while being professional. The company as a whole was breath of fresh air. After interviewing multiple places my now husband and I felt at ease, and excited to... Read More be there. Daryl kept all my guests young and old dancing. In fact my husbands out of state family stayed the whole night, even though their flight was at 5am the next morning. They didn't want to leave. Daryl was responsive, easy to talk too and compassionate. I will recommend this company always. I am over the moon happy with Keith Christopher Entertainment. If you want the time of your life, and reliable- friendly people Keith Christopher Entertainment is the place to be. Everything from the Flowers to the Dj was a complete knock out!! Blown away.. :)

2015-11-06T13:42:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your very kind words. We really love working for amazing clients. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to seeing you on the dance floor at future weddings.

Would use again!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Alison S

Request Mike if you can! Very professional, love that they call you if they need something, not just all email. Good customer service. Also paid for uplighting and lighted monogram. +$400

Great job

Reviewed on 10/04/2015

They did an amazing job doing our ceremony and reception. Great to work with and very entertaining. All of our guests loved it.

2015-10-13T14:16:38 Response from the vendor

Perfect Night!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014

Keith did a fantastic job! He helped us pick the perfect songs (especially for the ceremony because we had no clue)! He knew how to get EVERYONE, no matter what their age was, out on the dance floor!! One of our best memories of our entire day is when Keith played "Sweet... Read More Caroline" and ALL of our guests circled around us!! That was a lot of fun! We could not be happier with our choice of Keith Christopher Entertainment for our wedding! Thanks again Keith for such a memorable night!!

2014-11-18T12:19:58 Response from the vendor

Amazing Service, Great People

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Samantha B

We hired Keith Christopher based on a review from my best friend, who also used them for her wedding earlier this year. We picked out our DJ at one of the meet and greets they host each month. Definitely worth your time to go, the different personalities of the DJs could make or... Read More break how you work together. We went with Marty, who was great. The coordinator at the venue praised him as well, marveling at how good he was to work with. He read the crowd well and announced everything so people heard it (unlike some jumbled sounds you get at some events). He was great and came up a few times to make sure me and the groom had everything we needed and that we were enjoying the night. We have gotten great feedback from the wedding (it was pretty awesome overall) and everyone loved the music. Definitely a great find.

2014-11-18T12:19:40 Response from the vendor

Friendly and Professional Company

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Moira F

KCE is a great and budget friendly company to work with for your wedding or any event that may need a DJ! We really enjoyed our experience with KC from beginning to end. All of the staff was very pleasant to work with and answered all of our questions quickly. Great customer... Read More service. KC (the owner) was our DJ for the big day and he kept everyone dancing all night! We are still hearing great compliments on our wedding almost 5 months later and our DJ played a big part in that!

2014-11-18T12:18:17 Response from the vendor

This dancing queen was not impressed

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Lindsey R

We had an initial meeting with someone that was not our DJ. I think he may have been the head of the company? He was really nice and seemed to understand what we wanted. He even threw in some extra speakers for us and I was SO excited. The reception came and I was not impressed... Read More AT ALL. I had to to remind him to do the garter dance (he was waiting so that people didn't leave early, but garters are not comfortable to wear!), I asked him to bring the songs back up to the 2000's at one point, he didn't play all of my songs on my request list and made some of them the techno version. If I wanted the techno version, I would have specified that on the request list. We had 2 speakers, not the 4 we were suposed to have and they had the wrong father daughter dance song. I had changed it on the website weeks before and they didn't have the right one. I was a bit annoyed. That being said, the website is really great and the deals were too. The DJ that night though was disappointing. I would not hire them again.

2014-11-18T12:17:19 Response from the vendor

I am very sorry that you feel this way. I have reached out to you and have not received any returned phone calls.

Dissappointed

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Kathleen W

We chose Keith Christopher because of all the personal touches they said they include. However, none of the personal stuff was done even though we completed the online planning tool. They didn't play all of the songs in our must play list (and we didn't even fill in the whole... Read More sheet). They didn't make the personal announcements about our wedding party. They didn't make any personal statements during the father/daughter and mother/son dances. They didn't keep to the schedule we supplied. The list goes on...

2014-11-18T12:16:05 Response from the vendor

I am sorry that you had these problems. I have reached out to you several times and have not received any returned phone calls.

Ok

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Maureen B

Darryle was ok.

2014-11-18T12:14:29 Response from the vendor

I wish there was more information about this review so that we could understand more.

Never talked to my DJ

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Synoma H

I was very frustrated that I was never able to speak with my DJ prior to the reception. We were also promised "personal" introductions which didn't happen. They also didn't deliver the kareokey we promised. Nor did they do some of the special dances we requested. I had to... Read More remind them to do the bridal bouquet and garter toss! They also were rude to guests about taking requests however on the form we said that would be fine. Very disappointed. However, their mixes were good and guests didn't realize things weren't as planned.

2014-11-18T12:13:34 Response from the vendor

I am so very sorry that you had these problems. I have reached out to you to discuss them and have left messages for you and have not received any returned phone calls.

Amazing Service, Great People

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Samantha B

2014-11-18T12:12:01 Response from the vendor

Great and Professional DJ - Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Moira F

2014-11-18T12:11:41 Response from the vendor

Really made the party!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Kellie G

These guys are great! They kept us dancing all night. They took our requests and "do not plays" and followed them to a T. One of my guests actually booked the DJ for his wedding because he was THAT good. They really know how to get people out on the dance floor. They ask... Read More you how much DJ interaction you would like. Do you want little to no interaction, just play the music or do you want all out party atmosphere? I chose to let the DJ "feel out the crowd" and he was amazing! It was a great night!! I would definitely recommend them!

2014-11-01T22:23:46 Response from the vendor

Totally worth the money

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Paula W

Their pricing is a bit more than most and I was a little worried about spending the extra money, but I am so glad that I did. I have been to 6 weddings in the past year and I am not saying this becuase it was my wedding, I am saying it because it is true. "WE HAD THE... Read More BEST WEDDING." The dance floor was packed fromt the first song of the night to the last song of the night. People I have seen at the other weddings that didn't dance, danced all night long. All I can say is THANK YOU.

2014-10-30T05:24:14 Response from the vendor

DJ services

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Melyssa B

My experience with Keith Christopher was excellent. They were very in tune with what I wanted and what my guests wanted! Thank you so much. Melyssa Madeck

2014-10-27T22:13:52 Response from the vendor

DJ and Uplighting

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 MaryKate R

We decided to go with Keith Christopher Entertainment after talking with a few DJ companies. We got the Basic Package because it was reasonably priced and added uplighting to it. We were told that we would be able to choose our own DJ (normally a part of the higher package),... Read More since we had booked uplighting with them as well. We chose Daryle because we wanted a DJ who knew Spanish music. A couple weeks before the wedding as I was looking at our planning form online (which is set up very nicely) and it said our DJ had changed to Mario. I emailed and called Keith Christopher a few times and finally got clarification as to why that changed. Another couple had gotten a higher package and wanted to choose Daryle, so they were able to have him instead of us. I explained why I had been able to choose our DJ, but no comments were ever written down in our file about this and the person who had helped us had retired. Honestly, it was not a big deal because they found a DJ who also knew Spanish music, but I just wish I had been notified of the change instead of just coming across it on the planning website. I guess that was just some mix-up in communication. As for the actual services on our wedding day, the uplighting looked really nice (we had purple uplights) and our DJ did a fantastic job. Mario played slower and older songs at the beginning to get people dancing who might leave early. He also included quite a few Spanish songs and knew when to play them during the night. The last few hours really picked up with the music and a lot more people were on the dance floor. He also coordinated things very well with us for our dances, cake cutting, bouquet/garter tosses, etc. and always took cues from us. He played almost every song on our play list and read the crowd very well! He also helped me in the days before in coming up with songs to have for our slideshow and various parts of the reception, which helped me out a lot! I truly appreciate his hard work and felt that he really made our wedding that much more enjoyable! Bottom line: Great services for a very reasonable price, just make sure to get things in writing =P

2014-10-27T22:12:37 Response from the vendor

Great job

Reviewed on 8/23/2012 Melanie C

They did an amazing job at my wedding. I had the owner and he did awesome. They played songs that I requested and he didn't charge me for an extra half hour. The only thing that I didn't like was he played a couple songs on my do not play list but I think he did it to get... Read More more people on the dance floor, so I actually didn't mind. He knew what he was doing.

2014-10-27T22:12:20 Response from the vendor

A+ Service

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Michael K

Keith with Keith Christopher Entertainment did our wedding on 1/4/14. My husband and I found him online. Keith has a passion for what he does and takes pride in a job well done. Throughout our planning process, Keith responded to emails very quickly. Any questions or... Read More concerns we had were promptly addressed. We gave him our timeline, a list of some songs we wanted played (some we did not want played) as well as genres we liked and trusted him to do the rest on our big day. He did a great job. During the reception he kept us on track with timing, announcements, things like cutting the cake, etc. He was so polite and professional to both us and our guests. His coordinating the reception allowed my husband and I to relax and enjoy ourselves without worrying about the flow of the evening. We also had the photo booth and uplights part of our package. These too were great add-ons and our guests loved them. I know the reason the dance floor was packaged all night is because of the music played by Keith. If you are looking for impeccable service – you found the right DJ for your upcoming event.

2014-10-27T22:11:10 Response from the vendor

Glad I chose this company!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Being a DJ myself, finding someone to play for my wedding proved to be very difficult because I am very picky. My wife and I searched through what seemed hundreds of companies. We came by Keith Christopher Entertainment and decided to check them out. Ten minutes into our first... Read More meeting we knew that we had found the right people. Day of - everything flowed smooth, they were very professional, THEY GOT EVERYBODY'S NAMES CORRECT. The people who generally do not dance... Danced, I couldn't believe it. All around a very good company, I highly recommend.

2014-10-27T22:11:02 Response from the vendor

Awesome company, Awesome DJ

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Edward M

From the first time I found this company at a bridal show I knew that I wanted them for my wedding. We met Michael and he gave us a brief overview of the services they offered. He seemed really knowledgeable and down to earth but also really excited about what he does. We... Read More were contacted a couple days after the show and invited to a meet and greet. Michael was there along with several other DJs and the owner KC. Everyone seemed friendly and we had some good food and drinks. The meeting was at their showroom in Schaumburg and I must say I was really impressed. They showed us a photobooth, uplighting, and a really nice DJ system that sounded great. After talking to several DJs we met with Daryle and booked a Premier DJ Package along with a photobooth and selected Michael to be our DJ. Michael assisted us with every phase of our planning including helping us use their online planner. We were able to contact him whenever we wanted and he always responded within 24 hours. He helped us with our timeline and in selecting songs for introductions and for our garter and bouquet. He also made some great suggestions for cocktail and dinner music. After we completed our forms we came in for a final meeting to go over details and felt totally confident that we were going to have a great reception. We had Michael's phone number's and his email in case we needed to contact him about anything last minute. We did not need to talk to him about anything in that last 5 days but it was sure nice knowing that we could call or text him if we needed to contact him. When we arrived at our reception all of the DJ equipment and lights and the photobooth were set up. Music was already playing and Michael immediately came up and congratulated us. It was like seeing an old friend. He said he would stay in touch throughout the night to keep things on schedule and to enjoy the cocktail hour and pictures and that he would get everyone lined up just before 7:00 for introductions. Once we finished taking pictures and having a drink we were ready to be introduced. Michael lined us up and went over everyone's names as he put them in place and we could tell how many times he had done this before. He gave us some brief instructions and then went inside to begin announcing us. His introductions were amazing. As our parents and each couple were introduced it was really cool hearing everyone cheer. He built up the energy so much that by the time were introduced it was awesome. When the doors opened and we walked in it was amazing. It was the best feeling ever. We cut our cake and then it was time for our first dance. We had provided some information about us like how we met and where I proposed to my fiancee to Michael ahead of time. Before our first dance he did not just introduce us...he told the most romantic love story about us. It was really cool and then we danced to our song. Between the toasts and dances with our parents that we did during dinner Michael's skills as an MC really shined. He makes every feel special. After dinner we kicked off the dancing and the party rocked from the get go. We heard our requests and our guests were able to make requests and the dancefloor was packed all night. The photobooth was so fun and our friends loved it especially the fun sunglasses and hats. We could not have asked for a better night and I would recommend Michael as a DJ and Keith Christopher Entertainment for anyone's wedding.

2014-10-27T22:10:56 Response from the vendor

Best DJ EVER!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Dana D

I could not be happier with my decision to have Keith Christopher Entertainment as my DJ! My husband and I were really concerned with the atmosphere at our reception...our main goal was for everyone to have an amazing time! I was worried about choosing a DJ, as it is the one... Read More vendor you can't easily "see" their work. We could not have made a better choice! KCE provided the sound system for our outdoor wedding ceremony and the sound was awesome! The emceeing during the reception was great, and the dance floor was PACKED the entire time...we were even able to extend the dancing an extra half hour at no charge. You will not regret choosing Keith Christopher Entertainment!

2014-10-27T22:10:50 Response from the vendor

Hands Down the BEST in the Business!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Valentina T

My husband and I were married this summer, and we chose Keith Christopher Entertainment to DJ our wedding simply because KC is THE BEST!!! This is definitely the company to go to if you want your event to rock! KC and his staff are very professional, accommodating and super... Read More enjoyable to work with. They really made planning this portion of our wedding seem effortless. KC was extremely helpful in working with us to ensure our wedding day would be perfect--and he was VERY successful!!! His MC skills are phenomenal, especially with how he personalizes all the little details which makes a world of difference. And Daryl, his DJ, kept our guests dancing ALL night! We are beyond happy with KC and his crew. Our wedding would not have been the same without them. Also, I have attended quite a few of his Windy City Wedding Shows (Bridal expo & fashion show), and they are fantastic!! This is a great way to be introduced to him, his company and other vendors to plan the big day or any other event! Absolutely wonderful!!! No way you'll be disappointed.

2014-10-27T22:10:21 Response from the vendor

Wedding

Reviewed on 11/16/2012 nina r

In Feburary 2012 I met with Larry Brooks at Keith Christopher Enterainment for our wedding. He had wonderful ideas and suggestions and I felt pretty good about choosing them as our DJ. As time went along I didn't hear from anyone for months and when I emailed Larry to see when... Read More we could met with the person who was going to DJ our event he explained to me that he was sick and would have someone contact me soon. Another couple months went by and no communication. I finally emailed Larry again about month before our wedding to see if we could meet with our DJ and he told me I had to fill out their online planning wedding forum and then someone will contact me. So I filled out there online planner which was also time consuming. On my wedding invitations my guests had the option to request songs. So I requested most of my guests songs on the online planner which I figured for sure these songs would be played. Well someone finally called me two days before our wedding which I was not happy about. It was the owner and he reviewed all the information I requested on the online planner. I did explain to him the importance of playing those requested songs. Also as part of our contract, he was suppose to bring microphones for our ceremony. Well the day of our wedding, when I got to the venue, I was told the DJ did not set up the microphones because they were not the right ones. There was no call to me to let me know just found out when I got there. This was unexceptable. I was told they have done weddings at our venue before so I did not understand why he wasn't prepared! Keith stated he would not charge us for microphones but he did anyways! Also when annoucing our wedding party there were uncomfortable pauses like he didn't know who he was announcing. So much for the online wedding planning because he barely played any of the songs we requested. I know the bride isn't in the reception room at all times to hear all the songs but I have a video from our wedding and when I watched it I was so upset. There we times only a few people were on the dance floor. Thats not good entertainment! I had numerous guest tell me they we not impressed with the DJ. I had to call Keith Christopher Entertainment to request a refund for the microphones and expressed how I felt. The women who took my information said she would have Keith call me. This was over a week ago and no one has called back. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything more. Overall I was extremely disappointed with Keith Christopher Entertainment and will not recommend them to anyone!

2014-10-27T22:08:51 Response from the vendor

Sadly this review is not true. All of the money for the microphones were indeed refunded even before this review was posted.

DJ services/Photobooth

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Alexandria G

If we were just reviewing for the DJ Keith Christopher would get a perfect 10! Our DJ was perfect and read the crowd so well. He listened to all that we wanted him to do and more. He played the right songs at the right time and took our song suggestions to heart. He saw what we... Read More liked and continued to play those types of songs. He had a good sound quality (not too loud or too soft). He was fabulous. As for the photobooth I was very disappointed. The boy running the photobooth was probably 16 and was not at all interested in running the booth. He took 20 minutes to change the paper roll in the machine, so the machine itself was down for about 30 minutes and our guests were unable to use it. He also did not tell guests to only take one copy of the photos because the other set was to be for our photobooth guest book. He did not pull out the book until I asked him to and complained about it. I had to ask for copies of our photos, otherwise I am not sure we would have gotten them. We were lucky to have visited a few different DJ/photobooth places before and were offered some good deals through those places. Keith Christopher was willing to beat the price quotes we had gotten from other DJ services.

2014-10-27T22:01:35 Response from the vendor