Killington Resort

Killington, VT

Your Happily Ever After Starts Here!

With a host of options, Killington Resort has everything you need to create your special day. Whether you imagine sharing vows surrounded by majestic mountains, Vermont's signature fall foliage or from 4,241' in the air at the Peak Lodge, Killington will make your day breathtaking.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

228 East Mountain Rd., Killington, VT (802) 422-6952

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Catherine P

Working with Katie Carey for our wedding at the Peak Lodge was our absolute best decision. For a year she emailed with me almost daily and had me 110% confident that our day (which ended up being an entire weekend celebration) would be executed perfectly. The hotel staff knew... Read More our names, they checked the radar for the weather all weekend, the setup of the smallest details was absolutely perfect, and they were SO welcoming of our guests. I piled all of our wedding decor into boxes with some photo ideas and then told Katie to "do her thing"- and she did!! The decor was AMAZING. Everyone is still complimenting us, saying the venue was the most unique they have ever seen. They weren't phased by the rain striking mid-ceremony, soggy hair and clothes- because they felt like they "were in a cloud". It could not have gone more perfectly. THANK YOU for making our day so perfect!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Amanda H

Killington Grand Hotel was an absolutely stunning location for not just the ceremony but also the cocktail hour and reception. We worked Katie and she was nothing less that exceptional! She even got us Sip O Sunshine and Pumpkin Beer which made our beer drinking guest wicked... Read More happy! Everyone is still talking about how amazing the food was. We also loved that everything was right there and neither us or our guests had to leave the resort. Look no further for your Vermont wedding!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Kathryn S

We chose to get married at Killington for sentimental reasons, and being New Yorkers we were a little bit wary about their capabilities of pulling off a black-tie wedding but… they absolutely KILLED IT! Chef Eric and Chef Greg cooked outstanding meals for all 3 days that people... Read More actually RAVED about. The hotel staff was accommodating, pleasant and helpful, and our guests could not stop talking about what a wonderful experience they had. Caryn, our coordinator, did a fabulous job staying on top of everything and we cannot say enough nice things about how great she was to work with. Overall, if you are looking to have a wedding in Vermont (black-tie or otherwise), want a spectacular view and staff that cares about your happiness, this is the place for you!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Shannon N

Just had a wedding weekend for my daughter at Killington Grand. Great place for a wedding! Working with Sharon was a pleasure. She was right on top of nearly every detail - including a Plan B for inclement weather which we ended up needing. Guests were not even aware that we... Read More were changing our plans. Things went smoothly and effortlessly. Killington Grand offers much for a wedding weekend - really nice lodging, pool and spa, outside adventure activities enjoyed by all ages, and options for meals. Cannot say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff of the resort during our staff. Only downfall would be construction happening during our stay - was not informed of this up front and was a major disappointment not to have access to the grand staircase and beautiful ambiance of the fieldstone fireplace and main lobby, especially during our rainy days. this was one of reasons for choosing the Grand, and then to have lost it, was a big loss. Also next morning after reception, breakfast at Prestons was a disappointment as well - understaffed, with only one cook on hand - over an hour and a half waiting for our meal, making us late for checkout - However - Manager came out with personal apologies, 50% discounts, and extended checkout times for all. We were very appreciative of the caring attitude taken. All around, I would recommend this venue for weddings most defintely, even with challenges, it shines brightly.

On Top of the World

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Grace G

Our wedding at Killington was beyond all of our expectations. It was positively beautiful and everyone - from the gondola operators and servings staff to our wedding coordinator Sharon - went above and beyond to give us the perfect day. To begin with, we picked the brand new... Read More Peak Lodge as our venue. Both inside and outside are unbelievably breathtaking, and while we had to be flexible because the room was so new, the space provided an elegant, one-of-a-kind venue. We decided to showcase the mountain by keeping all decorations minimal and had our cocktail hour and ceremony outside of the Peak Lodge so that our guests could enjoy the panoramic views for as long as possible. We were the first wedding to do so and Killington was incredibly accommodating in working with us to figure out the best use of the space. Aside from the amazing space itself, the staff was wonderful. The gondola operators were incredibly kind in helping all of our guests get on and off of the (never stopping) gondolas. Many of our guests complimented the servers and bar staff and were impressed at their attention. The outside of the Peak Lodge has several different levels, and during the outside cocktail hour, our guests were impressed that servers got to even the most spread out people in our party. We were also thrilled to also have a dedicated server for ourselves, who made sure we were able to have as many of the appetizers as we could want during cocktail hour and that our food was not taken away too quickly as we were socializing at dinner. Eric, the head chef at the Peak is truly a wonder. If you ever taste his food during ski season, you’ll know that it’s not typical ski lodge fair. He helped us create a new menu befitting of the space and was absolutely delicious. Everything was also cooked to order and entire tables were served together, so each plate was delivered hot and cooked perfectly. We also had a few guests with dietary restrictions and Eric was able to adjust the meals for them, or in one extreme case, come up with an entirely new dish for our guest. Finally, Sharon Mayer, our wedding coordinator, was an enormous help. With a no-nonsense attitude, she organized everything to be exactly as we wanted and came up with contingency plans anytime things got sidetracked. She was always available for questions and put up with numerous phone calls and emails from us. The day of the wedding she ran the show perfectly. From small details like deciding the apple cider at cocktail hour should be served warm to go with the chilly weather, to larger items like overseeing the setup of the space and timing the exits for the processional, everything she did was executed with the utmost professionalism. All of our guests have raved about the amazing experience at the Peak and their weekend in general. Most stayed on the property and participated in all of the activities Killington has to offer, such as the pools and the new summer adventure center. We wanted a space where all of our guests, traveling from around the world, could gather and stay together with our friends and family, and that is exactly what we found in Killington. From the views, to the food, to the service, to everything in between, it was exactly what we were looking for in a venue and couldn’t imagine finding a more perfect place.

Labor Day Weekend Wedding

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

I just had my wedding at Killington Grand Hotel over Labor Day Weekend and it was one of the most incredible weekends of my life. Our wedding planner was Sharon Mayer and she did a great job helping us organize the event. We planned the wedding remotely from Boston and whenever... Read More we had questions, we emailed Sharon. Sharon was responsive, professional, flexible, and very organized. She coordinated our rehearsal, brought up questions and ideas that we hadn't even thought of and made sure that our wedding weekend and wedding day would go smoothly. She corresponded with our vendors to make sure items were delivered and set-up on time. I arrived my wedding weekend without feeling stressed. Sharon allowed us to deliver all of our wedding decorations (large wooden pallet, vintage suitcases, multiple chalkboards, string lights, wedding albums, globe, etc), welcome bags, and wedding favors and she and her staff took care of all of the details. I didn't have to ask family or friends to help, and was able to spend time catching up with them instead of worrying whether things would come together. Killington is a surprising bargain compared to other wedding venues in the area. They offer season passes, a complimentary one night stay in a one bedroom suite (which we used as the bridal suite), free massages (which I gifted to the maid of honor and a cousin), among other amenities. It was a great weekend, a wonderful venue, and if I had to pick a venue, I would still pick Killington.

2015-09-11T07:03:26 Response from the vendor

It means so much to us to hear how much you loved your wedding day. It's why we do what we do. Congratulations on your new life together. We can't wait to see you both back soon! Warmly, The Killington Weddings Team

Labor Day Weekend Wedding

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

I just had my wedding at Killington Grand Hotel over Labor Day Weekend and it was one of the most incredible weekends of my life. Our wedding planner was Sharon Mayer and she did a great job helping us organize the event. We planned the wedding remotely from Boston and whenever... Read More we had questions, we emailed Sharon. Sharon was responsive, professional, flexible, and very organized. She coordinated our rehearsal, brought up questions and ideas that we hadn't even thought of and made sure that our wedding weekend and wedding day would go smoothly. She corresponded with our vendors to make sure items were delivered and set-up on time. I arrived my wedding weekend without feeling stressed. Sharon allowed us to deliver all of our wedding decorations, welcome bags, and wedding favors and she and her staff took care of all of the details. I didn't have to ask family or friends to help, and was able to spend time catching up with them instead of worrying whether things would come together. Killington is a surprising bargain compared to other wedding venues in the area. They offer season passes, a complimentary one night stay in a one bedroom suite (which we used as the bridal suite), free massages (which I gifted to the maid of honor and a cousin), among other amenities. It was a great weekend, a wonderful venue, and if I had to pick a venue again, I would still pick Killington. The cost listed is just for the venue - open bar, plated dinner, wedding planner. The cost of DJ, photographer, flowers, wedding dress, decorations, wedding favors, among others was not included.

2015-09-11T06:54:56 Response from the vendor

They do more than ski vacations...

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Brady H

We had our wedding at the Killington resort on 6/26/2015. After a couple initial hiccups with turnover in their wedding department, we were paired with Katie. Katie was thorough, receptive, and patient. She worked with us as our needs changed, and was very helpful as we worked... Read More through the planning process. On wedding day, the food was top notch, the service was excellent, and the venue was set up beautifully (including some last second changes). It was extremely nice and convenient to have most everything under one roof. We did not have to worry about coordinating vendors as Katie and the Killington staff took care of all of that for us. For the few things Killington does not provide in house, the resort has a vendor list which came in handy as we are not from Vermont. We had a Friday wedding. Katie and her staff even had some construction that was occurring take the afternoon off so we wouldn't have to hear them during the ceremony! Overall, we were delighted with Killington's experience and would not hesitate to recommend them.

2015-09-11T06:53:16 Response from the vendor

It was out pleasure to host your wedding at Killington! We wish you the absolute best in your new life together, and hope to see you back again soon. Warmly, The Killington Weddings Team

Most unique venue in New England

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Sean R

Excerpts from my blog post at https://medium.com/@seanjregan/killington-the-beast-tries-beautiful-85a9c4aa0f0f Beauty — Cocktails started at the Peak Lodge at 6 and a stunning spring sunset fired at 7:14. The easterly view through floor to ceiling windows provided the... Read More perfect backdrop for Alpenglow from every dinner table. A first dance came complete with falling (fake) snowflakes followed by lights going down for a stunning fireworks display that lit up the lodge from the outside. There is no wedding venue in New England like the Peak Lodge, no nightlife like Killington, and no spring skiing that can compare to Bear Mountain. Killington can bring the beast mode and the beauty mode. In the end that combination is what makes for an incredibly fun and beautiful wedding. Thanks to the team of people at Killington who really made this all happen. Great to work with! Photos and more at https://medium.com/@seanjregan/killington-the-beast-tries-beautiful-85a9c4aa0f0f

2015-09-11T06:57:35 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to have been part of your beautiful wedding day! Congratulations on your new life together, and we can't wait to see you back here for the 2015/2016 Ski season! Warmly, The Killington Weddings Team

August wedding

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Adina D

My husband and I recently got married in August at the grand hotel. The wedding was everything we wanted it to be and more! The food was phenomenal and way better than we anticipated. Our coordinator, Sharon, was super helpful and organized and made our day perfect! She also... Read More made it easy to plan from 7 hours away. The accommodations were outstanding and very affordable for a resort in the summer! Our guests were so happy to make the journey for our destination wedding and cannot wait to return for their own vacation!

Great place!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Emily S

Killington did an excellant job accomadating 200 people for my wedding. Everything was done on time and just perfect. We couldn't of ask for a more beautiful location and got many compliments. Only issue fromt the whole experience was the pasta bar took some time... i would make... Read More sure for a large wedding they have enough stations. Food was excellcent and the ballroom was transformed into just what a wanted with help from my vendors.

Great service at the Killington Grand Resort

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Anna M

We had our wedding reception at the Grand and the service was great! Our wedding planner was very helpful and responsive. The food was excellent! All of our guests raved about the overall experience!

awesome!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Emily G

I had a very small wedding ceremony at Killington Grand. The service was great, the rooms were clean and very homey, the staff was very accommodating, and Sharon and the rest of the staff made the planning so easy!! The views and the foliage were quite spectacular! I would... Read More definitely recommend this hotel!

PERFECT

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Elizabeth L

My husband and I had an amazing wedding at the Killington Grand. The planning process was easy and enoyable. The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all ran smoothly. Our guests loved the food and many of them commented on how nice the waitstaff was. The wedding planner... Read More worked with us for months to help us plan the perfect day- and she was incredibly flexible. She also offered some great advice and creative ideas. The day after our wedding was amazing as well. The Killington staff did all of the cleanup and brought all of my (there were a TON) decorations up to my car. We were incredibly impressed with the whole process. Not to mention- our guests LOVED staying at the Killington Grand. The weather was gorgeous, the resort was gorgeous, and there was plenty to do throughout the weekend. We loved every second. 5 starts, for sure!!!

A Wonderful Space

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Danielle Z

Killington Grand did a wonderful job in helping us host our wedding. Sharon, our coordinator, responded quickly, helped with problems that arose, and had great ideas. The Grand's staff were helpful and professional.

2013-10-02T09:35:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Dani & Dennis! We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful wedding and a great experience!

No stress

Reviewed on 11/23/2011 Kristin D

Sharon Mayer and the rest of the staff took care of everything. She consulted me about big decisions and didn't bother me with details - just as I wanted. Sharon is professional and poised and approachable. I also appreciate how kindly she interacted with my family through it... Read More all. She's called a professional for a reason. :) Killington also catered our event. Everything was delicious, and those guests with special dietary needs appreciated the individual attention. The head chef was also very willing to answer our questions and make adjustments (even though we would never have changed a thing).

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Taryn M

We loved having the wedding at the Killington Grand - we had the pleasure of working with Amy who was very accomodating and attentive. We had several out of town guests who enjoyed staying up there and loved the Fall foliage. The meal was very good and the staff was always... Read More available. We highly recommed the Killington Grand and Amy!

A little rocky to start, but great ending

Reviewed on 10/26/2010 Tricia S

I used the Killington Grand as my venue for both my ceremony and reception. Initially, I was discouraged with the speed of response with my initial contact person, and had my doubts. After a few more issues, I was reassigned to a new wedding coordinator and the communication... Read More most definitely improved. I have provided a lot of feedback to Killington on what I liked and didn't like about the process, but all in all, Killington was accomodating with my choices for different menu options, quickly responded to my questions and concerns, and ultimately delivered an amazing day that went off with any problems.