Kimpton Marlowe Hotel

Cambridge, MA

Book Your Wedding with Kimpton Marlowe Hotel

A BALLROOM IN CAMBRIDGE, MA

The Hotel Marlowe, a Kimpton Hotel, provides the bride and groom and their guests with views of the Charles River and the Boston skyline, which is even more breathtaking by night. Located on the river bank in Cambridge, Massachusetts and in the heart of Canal Park, this boutique wedding venue provides prime photographic opportunities. The Hotel Marlowe, a Kimpton Hotel offers 236 guest rooms and suites, making it convenient for the wedding party and guests, especially those from out of town. The bride and groom will receive a complimentary room on their wedding night. For those guests staying in the area, there are plenty of shopping and dining opportunities available in the immediate vicinity.

The Hotel Marlowe, a Kimpton Hotel can accommodate both the wedding ceremony and reception. Both the ceremony and reception can be held indoors or outdoors. Depending on what the bride and groom want, they can choose to say their vows in a neighboring park or in the hotel's private and beautifully decorated courtyard. Whether the indoor or outdoor facilities are chosen, the areas can each accommodate up to 200 guests with extraordinary decor and ambiance.

The Hotel Marlowe, a Kimpton Hotel has an in-house caterer for wedding events and is run out of the hotel's Bambara Kitchen and Bar. The experienced chef provides crafted cuisine fit for a king. The newlyweds have the choice of a four-course sit-down dinner or buffet stations. The bride and groom to-be and two other guests can take advantage of a complimentary menu tasting before finalizing their menu decisions. They can also choose late night snacks or breakfast to be served before the evening festivities end.

A wedding consultant is assigned and available to assist in the entire planning process and making sure that the day of the wedding event is just right for the bride and groom. An inquiry form with specific dates and areas of interest at the Hotel Marlowe, a Kimpton Hotel can be sent through the hotel's website and a consultant will be in touch. There are two wedding packages available at varying costs: the Hotel Marlowe Wedding Package and the Hotel Marlowe Wedding Petit Package. In addition to the packages, the to-be-weds can add an inclusive menu package, which includes designer linens and Chiavari chairs at each table.

To add to the already elegant wedding packages, the Hotel Marlowe, a Kimpton Hotel offers some other fun perks too:

• Lechmere Park is a neighboring park to the Hotel Marlowe, a Kimpton Hotel and is available for a unique ceremony experience
  • The outdoor courtyard is enhanced with an armillary sphere that stands 25 feet tall and is named Celeste; this can be a great backdrop for pictures or be decorated with twinkle lights

Luxurious Boutique Venue, both Indoor and Out!

With our venue’s romantic waterside location, we like to keep things a bit mystical and ethereal over in our wonderland. Kimpton Marlowe Hotel is perfectly situated just over the Charles River—and less than four miles from Logan Airport—with breathtaking views of the Boston skyline. Our stunning backdrop offers you and your guests an unforgettable wedding whether indoors or outdoors—and one you can customize to make completely your own. Your guests will love our intuitive spirit, gracious hospitality and luxurious accommodations that together create the most magical day of your life. (Plus, we are dedicated to only hosting one wedding at time so all our focus remains on you.) Delicious cuisine crafted by Chef David Bazirgan of Bambara Kitchen + Bar means seasonal customization!

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant

25 Edwin Land Blvd, Cambridge, MA (617) 395-2523

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Danielle C

Last month my husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Hotel Marlowe. We could not be happier with our perfect day! From our very first visit to the hotel we were impressed by the friendly and professional staff, excellent customer service, beautiful and clean... Read More hotel, and the hotel's flexibility. Over the past year, working with Hollie and Hotel Marlowe to plan our wedding has been as stress free and easy as wedding planning gets. Hollie, our day-to-day contact and day-of coordinator, has been a life saver. She was well-organized, super helpful, always pleasant and available, and never pushy. Hollie helped us liaise with reservations, catering, AV, and anything else we ever needed or had questions about. She also communicated and worked well with all our vendors. Hollie was there from day one of planning to the day of the wedding and is one of the biggest reasons our day was so seamless and perfect. One thing I want to point out about Hotel Marlowe is its individuality and character. It does NOT feel like your everyday, corporate hotel. I travel a lot for business (and pleasure), so I definitely had my reservations about having our wedding in a hotel. I didn't want our wedding to feel like a corporate event, held in a boring meeting room, with mediocre catering food. Hotel Marlowe far exceeded all my expectations. The venue is so unique and clean, but most importantly, the food was incredible. We got so many compliments from our guests saying that it was the best wedding food they ever had. Another important note about the food was the chef's flexibility to play around with the menu. We we very happy with the final menu that was served. Hotel Marlowe is pet friendly. While this fact did not persuade us (we do not have a pet), this may helpful or important for people who are looking to bring or include their pet in their wedding festivities. I also want to highlight that the hotel most definitely does not smell like pets- I never once got an unpleasant whiff or saw any pet hair anywhere. I am really happy with how everything turned out for our wedding. Hotel Marlowe did an incredible job. Their staff is so pleasant and helpful. The hotel is fun and clean. The food was fresh and delicious. And most importantly, my guests enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Elizabeth B

Ellie and the entire staff of Hotel Marlowe helped my husband and I make our wedding dreams a reality!! Ellie went above and beyond to help me plan a night to remember!! Everyone approached me during our wedding and keeps messaging me to tell me how beautiful everything was and... Read More how amazing the food was!! The banquet staff were amazing and I would recommend this venue to anyone in a second!! Thanks to Hotel Marlowe for making us feel like we were part of the Kimpton family and helping create my dream wedding!!

Fantastic hotel!!!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Jenny R

My husband and I got married on 10/24/15, and our wedding was beautiful, fun, and full of incredible memories. We felt completely supported and well taken care of from start to finish. We signed up for our wedding 7 months before the big day, and the event coordinators at the... Read More Marlowe made the planning so easy. We loved the package that we were offered. A ceremony on site (either indoors or outdoors in the park); delicious food catered by the hotel's restaurant, Bambara; a suite for our wedding day; valet parking for guests; and room blocks at a great rate. You get so much more than that though. The hotel is chic and gorgeous and recently added a lovely piece of new art. The new steam-punk styled armillary named Celeste is a unique and beautiful sculpture that adds a colorful glow to the entrance of the hotel. The hotel is also in a convenient location along the Lechemere Canal overlooking the Charles River with plenty of parking and quick access to the T and airport. My husband and I honestly could not have asked for a better wedding experience. It was important to us that the night have a fun and laid back flow. The team at Hotel Marlowe went above and beyond to take care of us and make our wedding special. We will be sure to keep spreading the word about how amazing it is to have an event at Hotel Marlowe. Thank you!!!

friendly, courteous, and helpful staff

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Jayna D

We reserved a block of rooms at the Hotel Marlowe for our wedding. Lynn, who we dealt with when it came to reserving the block and things like that ahead of time, was fantastic, she was so friendly and helpful, and answered every ridiculous question I could come up with. The day... Read More of the wedding the staff at the front desk, particularly Connie and Danny (the bellboy) were amazing...they did everything they possible could to accommodate any request, and poor Danny moved every item we lugged in with us to not one, but two, rooms with a huge smile on his face. I couldn't be more grateful for how smoothly our time at the hotel went!

Perfect venue, front to back

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 amanda m

If you're bent on getting married in the city, this is an ideal venue for you _and_ your guests. Weather permitting, you can have your ceremony outside in Lechmere Park, surrounded by willow trees. You can take your pictures across the street on the esplanade, the city... Read More skyline in the background. And you can work with incredible coordinators like Nicola, who helped us plan the reception of our dreams from start to finish--walking us through every option from linens and lighting to the menu, which was _excellent_, thanks to the hotel restaurant's chef, Jeff Silva. And our guests _loved_ their rooms, loved that they could easily walk from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the dining room. And they raved about the hotel's funky details, openness to having dogs stay, too, and its tone of charm meets luxe. I can't rate this venue highly enough.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 9/28/2013

We had our wedding at Hotel Marlowe and we couldn’t be happier about it! We did all the planning via email/phone (we live out of state)- Amy Anderson, the event manager was so polite, professional, organized and accommodated all of our needs. The staff was very friendly and... Read More answered any question we threw at them. The décor of the hotel was quirky and unique. Our guests are still talking about how great the staff, rooms, food and overall experience was. The hotel is attached to a mall, which made it easy for last minute errands. It’s also located close to the city of Boston and the T. There was so much to do and we had a blast from the minute we arrived. We would choose Hotel Marlowe again and would recommend them to anyone! Great experience, great staff, great atmosphere and great wedding!

Perfect for a hip, chic cocktail party style weddi

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Lisa W

We wanted a fun Friday night cocktail party style wedding and the Hotel Marlowe was the perfect setting. Our guests are still talking about how "cool" the Marlowe was.

hot and cold

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Amy M

My initial experience was not great!! I started working with one individual, who obviously was way over her head as far as planning goes! room blocks that were promised were sold out before my guests could book, communication was terrible and not until I started to work with... Read More Angelica did I get my needs met! I would return to the Hotel Marlowe, but knowing that I would have to be on top of everything and ask many questions as well as follow up with everything! WE also used the in-house catering for a brunch the next day! the food was good and the service was good, it was the planning that was a bit unnerving!

Great wedding!

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Rachael L

Our wedding at the Hotel Marlowe was everything we’d hoped for, and more. Hotel staff across the board were incredibly helpful. Our catering manager, Amy Anderson, was highly professional and played a large part in helping our wedding day go smoothly. We were impressed with her... Read More good working relationships with local wedding vendors, her extensive experience with weddings, and her kind demeanor. We loved combining an outdoor wedding ceremony in the small park near the hotel with a cosmopolitan reception in the hotel ballroom—the best of both worlds.

Hotel Marlowe Wedding & Reception

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 Naomi B

My husband and I viewed many different venues for our wedding. The Hotel Marlowe had a fun sense of quirk in its decor and staff. The hotel was beautiful. It seemed to be the best bang for our buck! The hotel staff were all professional and courteous. The food was phenomenal,... Read More and our guests did not have far to go to get into Boston, or find things to do. I would definitely recommend Hotel Marlowe to friends and family for any function.

luxury!

Reviewed on 9/08/2011 Megan H

such a nice place, you feel like a king here! def worth the splurge to lay in a pillow top bed with a leopard print robe on!

Amazing Wedding!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2011 Allison C

I had a fabulous wedding at the Hotel Marlowe however I definitely was dealing with a novice catering manager who allowed a few major mistakes to get through that day. I believe that others could have been derailed (I was surprised I wasn't) by such things and that's why I feel... Read More it necessary to mention them. Firstly, at the beginning of my relationship with the catering manager I had asked if she suggested I hire a DOC and she stated that she would be the DOC and that hiring someone would be unnecessary. So the day of the wedding when I arrive at the hotel at 1:00PM she has not arrived yet. She did not arrive for at least an hour or two and had not arranged for certain things to be delivered to the bridal suite as promised (i.e., items delivered to the hotel the night before, snacks and beverages, etc.) When she did arrive she seemed frazzled and did not seem to have any idea of how to direct. My pictures were to be before the ceremony and so I had asked the catering manager to bring me down to where I would meet my husband and she didn't know what was going on. She disappeared during pictures, which would have been fined if she ever reappeared...What happened as a result was that I did not have a private route back to the space before the ceremony and ended up walking through all of my guests before the ceremony even began. Following the ceremony my husband and I were to go to a private room and have a cocktail and a few hors d'oeurves - she told us to just ask her if we'd like anything else and again disappeared. I had asked for her help in determining the timeline of the evening so that I could communicate that to my band, photog, videographer, etc. Even after multiple discussions about this, my photog was not informed of the same timing as my band and my husband and I "missed" the timing for the cake cutting which screwed up things in the kitchen I later found out. Ultimately, none of these things ruined my night but I think for brides that are perfectionists or are more nervous that these things could be very upsetting. In hindsight I would have hired a DOC and let the catering manager deal with that person. Generally regrading the hotel, I think it's absolutely beautiful and unique. I love the art nouveau feel and the bright colors. In terms of this being a great hotel to have a wedding, I think my guests had an amazing time, but we paid for every single item. They nickel-ed and dime-d us right up to the last minute which I know isn't unusual for the industry but still disappointing to experience.

Great bridal party and guest accommodations

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Laura H

Many of our out-of-town guests and wedding party members stayed in the Hotel Marlowe for my wedding. My husband and I also stayed at the Marlowe. Finally, we had a post wedding brunch here. The staff at the Marlowe is incredibly helpful. Maid service did a fantastic job of... Read More restoring order to bridal suite after it was trashed by women getting ready for a wedding, and the brunch was wonderful.

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/10/2011 Giuseppa Julie A

Hotel Marlowe is an amazing and modern venue to have your wedding. Working with Maggie Kirk made our wedding a dream come true. Everything went smooth and she was there with us from day 1. The food, the service and even the valet guys were all excellent!

Great Wedding experience

Reviewed on 4/04/2011 Maggie P

We had our ceremony and reception at the Hotel Marlowe and it was a great experience. They were really easy to work with and everything came out wonderfully. The food was phenomenal. Everyone was raving about it. We worked with Maggie and she really helped us along. I highly... Read More recommend this venue.