110 W 20th St, New York, NY (646) 633-4300

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Katie G

Our experience was horrible and a complete waste of our time and my Mom's money. I was pressured to buy a dress that I didn't even like. We were only in NYC for a few days to celebrate my 40th birthday. I had been looking for dresses a few times and had not found what I wanted.... Read More The sales person told me the dress I wanted didn't exist and that the dress she put me in (which was high cost considering its low quality) was as close as I would ever get to what I was describing. I told her I really wasn't sure about it and even ugly cried over the pressure (plus I just didn't like the dress which she knew). I asked her if they could take my measurements so I could have some time to think about it and just call back and order it if I didn't find what I was looking for. She said no. She told me I had to buy it now and could not order online or over the phone. Because she told me (and I thought she was an expert) that what I wanted did not exist I went ahead and bought the dress even though my mom and I had a very bad feeling about the dress. We wasted a lot of money and tears. I am VERY disappointed with my experience at Kleinfeld. My ONLY wedding regret is that we went to that shop. We will likely just take a complete loss on that money. We have tried to use our "store credit" to buy accessories but can't find anything and the process is difficult. The experience left me feeling dirty and sad. It is very obvious to me now that all they cared about was making a sale. They didn't care that I didn't like the dress and they didn't care that I would have looked terrible on my wedding day which makes me so sad. I don't know how the sales people can sleep at night knowing they have sold people something that is not the right fit for them. Please don't take advantage of other brides like this in the future.

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Grace S

The consultant I had was patient with me and helped me find my dream dress. I booked my appointment on a busy Saturday and I didn't feel rushed a bit. I found my dress in 20 mins but my consultant allowed me to try on a few more to make sure that it was the one. My seamstress... Read More was sweet. She made me feel like cinderella and on the day of my wedding it fit like a glove

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Esther M

It’s kleinfeld!!! It’s exactly what you expect and more .. I️ loved my dress and the alterations were perfect!! They have the best there !

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Amanda S

I got the dress of my dreams, end of story! But so much went in to that dress, and I have the team at Kleinfeld to thank for it! It all started when I met Diane, who dared to put me in a dress I felt I was so not worthy of, but she knew it would be the one. First time was the... Read More charm (although she showed me some other dresses and let me try and whatever I wanted, we knew the first one was the one)! The magic really came from Loretta in alterations. She was a master of her craft and worked to make that dress fit me like a glove. She nipped and tucked it in all the right places, and in spots I wouldn’t even have thought to touch but made such a difference in the end! I am truly grateful to the staff at Kleinfeld for being such an huge part of my big day! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Emily C

Amazing from beginning to end. I had been to several wedding dress shops throughout NJ and did not feel like I was finding what I was looking for, nor did I feel like I was getting the help and guidance I needed from my bridal consultants at the other salons. When I went to... Read More Kleinfeld, I immediately knew I was in good hands! They brought me styles that I was interested in and also helped to guide me toward fits that they knew would fit me well. They helped me find a designer that was better suited to a petite build as well! My fitting experience was just as magical as my dress shopping experience! Matthew, my fitter, made my dress fit me like a glove. He made sure I was comfortable and that I was in love with every detail. About 1 week before my wedding, I had my final fitting. Upon leaving my appointment I began looking at pictures taken during the fitting and realized I didn't like my bustle. Kleinfeld Alterations Department worked magic and squeezed me in for an emergency appointment that Saturday morning where Matthew changed my bustle and they completed my dress the same day for me to take home! The customer service and quality of work was nothing short of amazing!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Bonnie K

Working with Loretta to get my dress altered was the best part of my experience at Kleinfeld. I had many layers and she was on her hands and knees working to make sure the hem was perfect. The bodice was very large to begin with and Loretta molded it to my body and the dress did... Read More not move the entire night. I did not have to worry about it falling down or constantly tugging on it to pull it up. She was very calming and was sure to explain what she was doing. I would recommend everyone to ask for her. Loretta gets 20 stars! but overall Kleinfeld experience is much less.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Erin R

I am a huge fan of Say Yes To The Dress, and since we don't live too far from their location in Manhattan (about an hour by train), my mother and sisters made the trip. I was not expecting to find my dress there - I'm a plus size bride and while I know they had dresses to... Read More accommodate my size, I wasn't completely sold on finding *the one* or any that I would be happy with. I heard some mixed reviews, especially about sales tactics, and them not really listening to what you want, but i figured I would go for the experience and have fun with my family in the process. The space is absolutely gorgeous, and everyone was very friendly and accommodating to us when we arrived. my attendant Nicole was fantastic! She sat me down in a changing room and took the time to ask all the questions that she would need to help me find *the* dress, taking into account the photos that I showed her, plus all the likes and dislikes I had. She took us around the floor to pull dresses to try and when we were trying them on she immediately could tell that I was getting discourage by not fitting into the sizes and she immediately jumped into action, helping me not be discouraged, talking me back from having a little bit of a weep fest, etc. She went to work though and came back with so many dresses that worked with what I wanted and fit my size to a T. After only liking the dresses that I tried on, she pulled one last dress that floored me and I immediately fell in love with AND was under my budget. I was so pleased with the whole experience of trying on the dress and felt amazing after the whole process! Even when getting fitted, my seamstress was so helpful and accommodating and helped me find the right shape wear and undergarments to make the dress and me look absolutely fantastic. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that the travel to and from Manhattan is draining, and they were a little hard to get in touch with at times when calling about payments or making fitting appointments. But everything else was top notch! All my friends who are getting married in the future, I tell them to at least stop there because of my experience, and they might find that one of a kind dress to make their day even better!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Nicole B

Kleinfeld is located conveniently right around the corner from my job, so I decided to go there to try and find my dress. I am SO glad I did! I worked with Lisa to find the perfect gown and she did amazing. She knew exactly what would work on my body and pushed me to try on a... Read More few things I didn’t immediately love. I found the most perfect dress! A Pronovias that fit me perfectly, thanks to the amazing women in alterations. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Alicia L

Amazing customer service. I worked with Candice and she did a great j0b. She knew the dresses inside and out and I was able to pick my dress after trying on about 7. She took all of my information into consideration. I even wanted to try on a dress out of my price range and she... Read More was highly against it which I appreciated. The whole process was seamless!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jessica L

From watching Say Yes To The Dress, I have been dreaming of wearing a Pnina Tornai gown on my wedding day. However, there are so many incredible designers that Kleinfeld carries, I wanted to try gowns on of various designers, including Pnina Tornai. I did just that. Lisa... Read More Fuhrman was my consultant and she was fantastic! Lisa was very attentive to my needs and desires. I indicated that I think I want a ball gown but that I'm willing to try on any style that would be flattering on me. I showed Lisa pictures of my favorite gowns, and she proceeded to pull a bunch of gorgeous gowns. One of the gowns she pulled really stood out to me, and this is the first one I tried on. It is also the one I said yes to. It is a Pnina Tornai gown. Not only did I know this was my dress, but so did Lisa. Thank you Lisa for helping me find my dream dress! Once I said yes to the dress, I couldn't wait for it to arrive at Kleinfeld. When I finally received a text indicating that my gown has arrived at the salon, I immediately contacted it to pay my balance so that my gown could be shipped to my home in NJ. Once my gown was shipped to my home, I made an appoitnment in the alterations department for my first fitting. My gown was shipped to me before my first fitting so I could avoid paying NY salestax. Kleinfeld also works with specific budgets. They encourage brides to set budgets and stick to them. They don't try to sell a bride a gown that exceeds her budget. Since Kleinfeld has the largest selection of bridal gowns in the US, it was the first and last bridal salon I shopped at for my wedding dress. They have gorgeous dresses at all different prices. If you're on a very tight budget and think you can't afford a dress from Kleinfeld, then go to their sample sale. Don't even waste your time going from one small bridal salon to another. Just go to Kleinfeld and walk away having said yes to your dream dress!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Rita M

I was hesitant to go to Kleinfeld because I thought it would be chaos. but I had an amazing experience - from selecting a gown, to selecting accessories, and alterations. Everyone was so professional, thorough, helpful, and kind. It was a very calm experience throughout. I never... Read More felt pressured. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Christin O

I, like every other bride, wanted to have the Kleinfeld experience when shopping for my wedding dress. I had shopped around at tons of boutiques on Long Island, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I knew that Kleinfeld carried the designer that I was looking for, so I... Read More decided to check it out. They were so helpful in knowing exactly what I was looking for and keeping to my budget at the same time! I found my dress on my first trip to Kleinfeld. I also worked with their alterations department. They were wonderful and even created personalized straps for my dress!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Colleen C

I have to admit that I was skeptical about Kleinfeld's beforehand but I had an awesome experience with them. Diane was my stylist and she was so great! I had filled out a form detailing what type of dress style I was looking for and everything she pulled was thoughtfully chosen... Read More and reflected what I had said. I tried on about 8 dresses and Diane knew which one to save for last (it ended up being the one!) Everyone that I interacted with from billing to alterations to the front desk was incredibly professional and knowledgeable. Inez was my tailor and she did such a wonderful job; they were also incredibly accommodating when it came to scheduling fittings in close to the wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Kate M

I booked Kleinfeld on a whim, the night before the appointment. I had been to three other salons and while I had narrowed down my vision, I needed a salon with more designer options. Walking into Kleinfeld's is overwhelming. Be prepared to be with A LOT of people and sharing a... Read More platform with other girls. If you don't like that, don't go. I also advise you to go to Kleinfeld's AFTER going to other salons and when you know what you're looking for. While my consultant was patient, she was convinced every dress I put on "was the one." I did say Yes to the Dress here though! I feel like I only did because of their selection and not because of the treatment. It is impersonal and you are whisked away from whomever you brought for a good 3 minute walk back to the fitting room before coming back out to show another dress. The selection of gowns and accessories is fantastic and the check out process was very smooth. My best advice is go there if you know the gown and style you want and if you have a small party of people!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Sarah W

Such a great experience!... I SAID YES TO THE DRESS! I'll be the first to admit that the only reason I went to this shop was because I wanted to see the famous shop from "Say Yes to the Dress." I went with an open mind hoping that I would find my dress but not really quite... Read More knowing what to expect. I had only been to one other shop to try on wedding dresses and still wasn't 100% sure what I wanted. My consultant worked tirelessly with me until I found "the one." NEVER in a million years would I have pulled my dress off the rack. I thought it looked absolutely ridiculous in the bag. But, I'll never forget the moment that I stepped into "my dress." I spent the first 3 seconds looking at myself thinking I looked ridiculous. But then something happened..... I stopped and really felt it and really looked at myself. This was MY dress. I don't know how she did it but my consultant found the dress of my dreams! I SAID YES TO THE DRESS!!!! I can't comment on their alteration service because I had them done at a shop closer to home. The dress shopping and buying experience was absolutely incredible though!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Danielle S

I am beyond happy with my experience at Kleinfeld. From my first appointment to my final fitting, they were truly wonderful. Kleinfeld was the very first store I visited when searching for dresses. I had not been expecting to find a dress there--a lot of the gowns shown on "Say... Read More Yes to the Dress" were not my style. But they have SO much more! My stylist, Shay, was the key to the whole experience. He got to know me and my family, and was a calming, fun presence. I never felt pressured, but I did end up leaving with a completely different gown than what I had imagined--and it was a great choice! Shay got to know my personality and taste almost immediately, and encouraged me to try on a few things that I didn't initially think I was interested in. He didn't push this--it just felt like an organic process of honing in on what really worked for me. Our appointment never felt rushed, and we even had some champagne. I ended up going to only one other salon before deciding to return to Kleinfeld to purchase "the one" the next day. I didn't have an appointment, but Shay had given me his personal contact info, and the moment I called him he told me to come right over. He cleared his schedule and spent another hour with me as I selected a veil and shoes and tried on the dress again. It was above and beyond. I also had three fittings with Ellie, and she was just lovely. She noticed every tiny detail, and fit me in for several last minute appointments. My maid-of-honor and I were just floored by how personal the whole experience was. Thank you, Ellie and Shay!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Chelsea C

I am in LOVE with my dress, I want to wear it everyday! Now that my wedding is over I am going through princess status withdrawals! Seriously though, the staff at Kleinfeld obviously know what they are doing. Dianne was my bridal consultant and she was so friendly and... Read More professional, she let my family and friends sit where they had filmed earlier that day and knew what I wanted before I knew what I wanted. I got to say "YES to the dress" while my grandma and the moms cried. It was such an exciting experience for us all. I found my princess ballgown and I never felt more beautiful! Matthew was my tailor and he was amazing! I want to wish him a happy birthday and tell him that he did an awesome job, I had 3 fittings and he remembered me each time and did everything he promised he would. My dress and my veil were a hit at the wedding and I could not have asked for a better princess look! Traveling into the city was definitely worth it, and I just want to wear my dress everyday!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jennifer H

I had a great experience here! I wish I could remember the lady's name who helped us, but she was amazing. She knew exactly what I was looking for and helped me find the perfect dress. The process takes a long time, so make sure you start early. But I 100% recommend going to... Read More Kleinfeld, even if it's just for the experience!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Julia G

I bought an expensive Mark Zunino dress. After 5 fittings still, it still didn't fit correctly and I'm not a difficult person, but with the amount of money I spent I expected it to fit properly. To this day I'm unsure of whether it was the seamstress I worked with who wasn't a... Read More great listener or if it was a design flaw on the part of Mark Zunino (inserting a corset in a sheath dress--how do you not see the line)? If I could do it again, I would have bought the 2nd dress I tried on which happens to have been at David's Bridal (which I loved but was afraid I could do better, so I passed) and less than half the price I paid for the Mark Zunino. Here is the important takeaway, brides-to-be: you think the dress is really important, but it's not. Despite the fact that I had to fidget with this stupid dress all night to get it to lay right and the fact that I had boning popping out of the corset and stabbing me in the back, my wedding was incredible and just about EVERYTHING was more important than my dress. Plus it looked "fine" and no one will know the saga of fittings I had and the fact that it was practically falling apart by the end of the night. My advice, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND SKIP THIS PLACE!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Brittany W

Flying to New York was the best thing ever. I had a few dresses picked from online. When I got there Candace was so sweet and super helpful. She made me feel comfortable and had me try on dresses I didn't even think about. I ended up leaving with a totally different dress than I... Read More expected and could have not been more satisfied! As for my alterations, Maria was just as amazing. She was the sweetest lady and had no complaints when I had to reschedule my last appointment. I had an amazing experience through the whole process and I will never forget it. I am a Pnina bride like I've always imagined!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Sarah B

As a fan of Say Yes to the Dress, I dreamed of buying my bridal gown at Kleinfeld. My mother, sister, and I decided to have an adventure and go to New York City for a weekend to go to Kleinfeld. I booked my appointment online and received helpful information via e-mail from... Read More Kleinfeld on accommodations, what to expect, and how to prepare for my appointment. On arrival to the store, it was busy, but my appointment felt so personal that I hardly even noticed the other people in the salon! All the staff were so friendly and helpful and willing to answer any questions we had. Judith was my consultant, and she was so wonderful. She was very respectful of my budget and found me gowns that fit my requests perfectly. The gown I ended up falling in love with and purchasing was one that Judith selected that was not what I had requested but that fit my vision perfectly, better than anything I could have described! Since my appointment, I have received e-mails from the owners of Kleinfeld requesting feedback as well as helpful information about when to expect my dress to arrive, information about fittings, etc. I have been so impressed with Kleinfeld, both through my in-person experience as well as through the correspondence and information I have received via e-mail. My Kleinfeld experience was even greater than what I had even expected, and I cannot wait to return for my fittings. My sister, who accompanied me to my appointment, has already decided that in the future, she will be going to Kleinfeld for her bridal gown.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Christie V

I cannot say enough great things about using Kleinfelds for my wedding dress. From start to finish the process was great. I found my dress with Ellie and she was wonderful to work with. She made sure I felt comfortable the whole time. The alteration process from start to finish... Read More with Maria and Vera was wonderful. They made sure from beginning to end each appointment went well and I left looking my best in my dress. I received so many compliments on my dress on our wedding day and Kleinfelds made that possible.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Stacy M

I had a wonderful experience at Kleinfeld. We got married on October 15, 2016, and I wore a dress, veil, and comb from Kleinfeld. My saleswoman was Allison who is not longer there, but my seamstress was Ellie. She was absolutely spectacular and made my dress fit perfectly.... Read More The entire staff at Kleinfeld treated me wonderful and my mother was so happy I found my dress there. I highly recommend to all New Yorker's to look there, because the quality and service is just that good.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Tracy S

Incredible! I went to Kleinfeld Bridal just on a whim as my first go at finding my wedding dress. I wanted to go somewhere that had multiple sizes and multiple designers. Their price ranges are that of other bridal salons, but they have an extremely large selection. Kathleen... Read More was my consultant, and not only did she make me feel extremely comfortable, but she helped me find my dream dress. I highly recommend - it's worth the train ride!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Meredith C

I went to a number of shops and Kleinfeld, hands down, has the best selection out of anyone. I had 2 bridal appointments at Kleinfeld and both times, I felt that my consultant, Sarah, did an excellent job of listening to what I wanted and bringing me gowns that met both the... Read More style I was looking for and my budget. I ultimately found my gown elsewhere, but purchased it at Kleinfeld, and they worked with me on the price to beat the total cost at the other store, including alterations. I also got my accessories at Kleinfeld and my veil and earrings were show-stoppers. The trip on my veil perfectly matched the trim of the train on my dress, so great job to the stylists at Kleinfeld for helping me with that! My alterations came out perfect, too, and everyone was gushing over how beautiful my dress was on the big day. The reason I gave it only 4 stars instead of 5 is because the Customer Service is not good. Any time you try to call the service number, you have to leave a message, and no one ever calls you back. It's extremely difficult to get help when you're not physically in the store. And when we went in to pick up my gown, we asked about how to get the gown preserved after the wedding, and the person helping us had no idea about it and said we'd have to contact customer service to ask. Really? You don't know anything about gown preservation? Kleinfeld tries to be a one stop shop, touting everything from bridal gowns and accessories to invitations, name change services, and hotel block arrangements. But the basic assistance with gown preservation was outside the scope of what the employee knew, and I found that pretty disappointing (and surprising). Overall, had an excellent experience with my consultant and with the woman who performed my alterations - they both made the experience special and personal. But the bad Customer Service experience took away from the sense of having personal attention and made certain things a little more challenging than necessary.