110 W 20th St, New York, NY (646) 633-4300

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Nicole C

Kleinfeld was amazing! I purchased my dress in November 2017 and have just had the time to write a review! I read some mixed reviews that Kleinfeld was a but stuck-up and snobbish and was worried. However, I was blown away by the hospitality and kindness I was shown. My... Read More consultant, Judith, was awesome! I came in with a picture of an old Maggie Sottero dress that I knew was a long shot if they still had it. Judith knew exactly the dress I was looking for but, unfortunately, they did not have the dress. Even the style of the dress was rare and no longer a main style designers are making. Therefore, she took me through the racks to help find a style that suited me. She respected my budget, and helped me find the perfect dress! I had Judith, her assistant, and two other people helping to find my dress. I ended up falling in love with an Eve of Milady dress that I had no intentions of even liking! Judith put all my concerns to rest and was like I said, awesome! There was no pressure to buy, Dorothy and Joan both shook my hand and congratulated me. I started crying, for the third time, signing the contract, and even the woman handling the contracts was kind and personable. As long as everything goes well with my fittings, Kleinfeld gets five full stars and a huge thanks from me! I definitely recommend that every bride who has the opportunity to go, should have the Kleinfeld experience!

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Kaitlyn K

I was blown away with Kleinfeld. Everyone was extremely helpful and thoughtful when it came to helping me choose the PERFECT dress, working with my budget, and working with my location (I live in Chicago). They really made me feel special and way too spoiled. I highly recommend... Read More them to anyone!

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Michelle C

I wish I could relive my Kleinfeld Bridal appointment over & over again. This past weekend my mom, my 2 bridesmaids & I went to NY to visit kleinfeld for the Hayley Paige trunk show. I went with a dream gown in mind which I would recommend any bride to do, it keeps you focused... Read More and makes for a very successful appointment. Our consultant Debbie was incredible. I’ve seen here on SYTTD and I made sure to request her prior to our trip. She was honest, patient, and so much fun. I felt a true connection with her! Debbie, along with consultant Shay & designer Hayley Paige (yes Hayley Paige!) stood by me and asked me the big question! This moment made saying YES to my dream gown that much easier! I feel incredibly lucky to not just be a Hayley Paige Bride but a Kleinfeld Bride! I would 100% recommend Kleinfeld, no better place to have your YES moment!

Reviewed on 2/27/2018 Vienna P

I cannot say enough good things about Kleinfeld Bridal. I found my dream dress prior to visiting the salon, but my grandmother wanted me to have the full bridal experience and encouraged our group to go anyway & I’m so glad we did! I found the same dress at Kleinfeld but felt... Read More more comfortable with the alterations, accessories and overall experience when compared to other bridal shops that we visited. Each employee makes you feel like the most important person in the store and their detail to attention is second to none. I will always recommend other brides to visit Einfeld!

Reviewed on 2/24/2018 Dianne W

My review is almost a year late. However, I’m upset that my daughter listened to her maid-of- honor over my suggestion that she purchase her dress from Saks Fifth Ave, and instead, bought it from this ‘overated’ Wedding factory. The lure is the first point of introduction.... Read More Whereby, you’re treated with somewhat care and attention . After that comes the ‘big’ let down. Service and courtesy are less than desirable with all the rules. Closed on Monday, and Wednesday is only for inventory purposes. The wait for the fitting is over 45 minutes. Also, it’s a ‘fire’ trap with everything (fitting and buying accessories), operating in the basement. I wish my daughter had listened to me and gone to Saks - where I purchase my mother-of-the bride dress . I received the utmost professional care and attention. Lastly, I recommend saying ‘no to the dress’ the antiquated payment system from the 80’ needs upgrading. Mother of the bride. Dianne W!

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Maria D

Of course most of us learned about Kleinfeld's thanks to Say Yes to the Dress. The show paints the picture that each bride will have a magical experience that will end with them feeling like a queen. Well, the store does NOT disappoint ;) I would not hesitate to recommend... Read More Kleinfeld's to any bride. I loved my entire experience with the store from shopping - saying yes - fittings - and of course adding on some accessories. The entire staff is wonderful. They are incredibly friendly and truly remember you from visit to visit. Michelle was my consultant and she was fantastic! She is bubbly, sweet, and found me my perfect dress, which was a dress I would have never imagined picking. She really listens to you when you're giving feedback on each dress. Plus I never once felt pressured to buy anything. And she didn't bat an eye at my lower-end budget. Maria D. did all of my fittings, and she was also fantastic! She is a true perfectionist and artist with wedding dresses. I trusted her completely with my alterations and was not let down! I even had the pleasure of meeting Ronnie Rothstein, Kleinfeld's CEO, during my initial appointment. He came over and spent a good amount of time talking with me and my family while I was modeling the dress I ended up buying. He could not have been nicer. You can tell he is genuine and really cares about all of his clients. Get yourself to Kleinfeld's, ladies!

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Emily C

I am a Kleinfeld bride. I purchased my wedding dress from them back in 2016 for my June 2017 wedding. I had a great experience with the consultant Robin and ended up saying yes to the dress. Unfortunately I had to postpone my wedding because I was diagnosed with breast cancer... Read More late in 2016. When my dress came, I had asked if they can keep the dress with them as my wedding was changed to June 2018. Living in New York and having very limited space, I was so worried about damaging the dress. They refused and said their policy is only to keep it for a very limited amount of time. When I heard that I just couldn't keep it in any longer and just can't stop crying because it has just been so hard going through everything and that was just the tipping point. I completely respect that they have a policy but that's what I always thought differentiated Kleinfeld from the rest...that human element, the Kleinfeld experience. If it was another salon then I guess I would not expect more but this is Kleinfeld. So as a bridal salon, they did ok, just not what I expect from Kleinfeld.

Reviewed on 1/25/2018 Lilian T

I love Kleinfelds! They have such a large selection of wedding dresses to choose from. I went to a few bridal shops in Old town Alexandria, found a few dresses but nothing compared to Kleinfelds. I selected Diane for my appointment and went with my Aunt and Parents (small... Read More group = less opinions). The appointment went pretty well and Diane picked out some great options within my budget. Towards the end of the appointment I felt a bit rushed to sign the paperwork. I mentioned this to Roni, one of the owners and he offered me an additional discount for the inconvenience. Very kind of him. I went during one of Pnina Tornai's trunk shows and got to meet her. She is such a lovely person and sweet. I was very pleased with my dress and got to take a photo with Pnina :)

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Ashley T

My husband and I were married on November 3, 2017 in Westport, CT. Perfect experience to find the perfect dress! I chose to have all fittings done at Kleinfeld, paying their flat fee and it was 100% worth it! I have never felt more comfortable in a dress - it was fitted to... Read More absolute perfection.

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Keri C

There is a reason Kleinfeld has the status and reputation it does. I was fortunate enough to find a dress on my first day of searching. My consultant Robin was a pleasure to work with. I was going into the dress shopping experience feeling a bit defeated after our first choice... Read More venue fell through and wasn't expecting to find a dress when I went to Kleinfeld. Robin pulled some of the dresses I liked online and also pulled some suggestions based on my preferences. She had me try things on and tell her how I felt. If I wasn't 100% sure about something, she immediately had me take it off and try something different. I never felt pressured, I felt she only wanted me to choose something I absolutely loved. What made me realize how much the staff cares is when I went for my first fitting. Silis was the person I worked with in alterations and she was truly wonderful. I unfortunately fainted at my first fitting and Silis was there the whole time getting me water and towels and making sure I was okay. The owner Mara was there when it happened as well and she called and paid for a car service to take me home. I could not believe how above and beyond they went out of true concern for me. Silis was so patient during the whole fitting experience and did not stop until the dress was perfect and I felt 100% comfortable in it. The finished result was PERFECT. I felt so amazing on my wedding day and would not have felt that way without the help of the talented (and caring) professionals at Kleinfeld.

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Alicia C

I am thrilled with my overall experience at Kleinfeld for my 10/14 wedding. Michelle was my initial consultant back in September 2016 and she made sure I found my dream dress without putting any pressure on me. She even suggested I step away and go to lunch to think about the... Read More gown, and I ended up coming back the same day to purchase. I also used Kleinfeld for my alterations and was very pleased with them. Anna made sure my dress looked exactly how I wanted and even talked me off the edge a few times when I was feeling crazy from wedding planning. Kleinfeld is well known for a reason!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Lara O

I find my dream dress at Kleinfeld. The team was very accommodating and my seamstress was a star, but my consultant put me in a dress that was $1,500 over my budget... which of course I ended up loving and purchasing. That’s the only reason why I wouldn’t give them a 5-star... Read More rating.

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Chelsea R

I had the best experience with Debbie picking out my dress and the best alterations experience with Anna. I love the staff and my dress was one of the biggest hits at my wedding. Everyone kept telling me how stunning and different my Ann Barge was. Thank you for making me feel... Read More beautiful and exactly how I envisioned on my special day!

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Danielle N

Loved my experience at Kleinfeld. They made finding my dream dress easy and fun, and their alterations department is phenomenal as well. My dress fit like a glove on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Katie G

Our experience was horrible and a complete waste of our time and my Mom's money. I was pressured to buy a dress that I didn't even like. We were only in NYC for a few days to celebrate my 40th birthday. I had been looking for dresses a few times and had not found what I wanted.... Read More The sales person told me the dress I wanted didn't exist and that the dress she put me in (which was high cost considering its low quality) was as close as I would ever get to what I was describing. I told her I really wasn't sure about it and even ugly cried over the pressure (plus I just didn't like the dress which she knew). I asked her if they could take my measurements so I could have some time to think about it and just call back and order it if I didn't find what I was looking for. She said no. She told me I had to buy it now and could not order online or over the phone. Because she told me (and I thought she was an expert) that what I wanted did not exist I went ahead and bought the dress even though my mom and I had a very bad feeling about the dress. We wasted a lot of money and tears. I am VERY disappointed with my experience at Kleinfeld. My ONLY wedding regret is that we went to that shop. We will likely just take a complete loss on that money. We have tried to use our "store credit" to buy accessories but can't find anything and the process is difficult. The experience left me feeling dirty and sad. It is very obvious to me now that all they cared about was making a sale. They didn't care that I didn't like the dress and they didn't care that I would have looked terrible on my wedding day which makes me so sad. I don't know how the sales people can sleep at night knowing they have sold people something that is not the right fit for them. Please don't take advantage of other brides like this in the future.

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Grace S

The consultant I had was patient with me and helped me find my dream dress. I booked my appointment on a busy Saturday and I didn't feel rushed a bit. I found my dress in 20 mins but my consultant allowed me to try on a few more to make sure that it was the one. My seamstress... Read More was sweet. She made me feel like cinderella and on the day of my wedding it fit like a glove

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Esther M

It’s kleinfeld!!! It’s exactly what you expect and more .. I️ loved my dress and the alterations were perfect!! They have the best there !

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Amanda S

I got the dress of my dreams, end of story! But so much went in to that dress, and I have the team at Kleinfeld to thank for it! It all started when I met Diane, who dared to put me in a dress I felt I was so not worthy of, but she knew it would be the one. First time was the... Read More charm (although she showed me some other dresses and let me try and whatever I wanted, we knew the first one was the one)! The magic really came from Loretta in alterations. She was a master of her craft and worked to make that dress fit me like a glove. She nipped and tucked it in all the right places, and in spots I wouldn’t even have thought to touch but made such a difference in the end! I am truly grateful to the staff at Kleinfeld for being such an huge part of my big day! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 E C

Amazing from beginning to end. I had been to several wedding dress shops throughout NJ and did not feel like I was finding what I was looking for, nor did I feel like I was getting the help and guidance I needed from my bridal consultants at the other salons. When I went to... Read More Kleinfeld, I immediately knew I was in good hands! They brought me styles that I was interested in and also helped to guide me toward fits that they knew would fit me well. They helped me find a designer that was better suited to a petite build as well! My fitting experience was just as magical as my dress shopping experience! Matthew, my fitter, made my dress fit me like a glove. He made sure I was comfortable and that I was in love with every detail. About 1 week before my wedding, I had my final fitting. Upon leaving my appointment I began looking at pictures taken during the fitting and realized I didn't like my bustle. Kleinfeld Alterations Department worked magic and squeezed me in for an emergency appointment that Saturday morning where Matthew changed my bustle and they completed my dress the same day for me to take home! The customer service and quality of work was nothing short of amazing!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Bonnie K

Working with Loretta to get my dress altered was the best part of my experience at Kleinfeld. I had many layers and she was on her hands and knees working to make sure the hem was perfect. The bodice was very large to begin with and Loretta molded it to my body and the dress did... Read More not move the entire night. I did not have to worry about it falling down or constantly tugging on it to pull it up. She was very calming and was sure to explain what she was doing. I would recommend everyone to ask for her. Loretta gets 20 stars! but overall Kleinfeld experience is much less.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Erin R

I am a huge fan of Say Yes To The Dress, and since we don't live too far from their location in Manhattan (about an hour by train), my mother and sisters made the trip. I was not expecting to find my dress there - I'm a plus size bride and while I know they had dresses to... Read More accommodate my size, I wasn't completely sold on finding *the one* or any that I would be happy with. I heard some mixed reviews, especially about sales tactics, and them not really listening to what you want, but i figured I would go for the experience and have fun with my family in the process. The space is absolutely gorgeous, and everyone was very friendly and accommodating to us when we arrived. my attendant Nicole was fantastic! She sat me down in a changing room and took the time to ask all the questions that she would need to help me find *the* dress, taking into account the photos that I showed her, plus all the likes and dislikes I had. She took us around the floor to pull dresses to try and when we were trying them on she immediately could tell that I was getting discourage by not fitting into the sizes and she immediately jumped into action, helping me not be discouraged, talking me back from having a little bit of a weep fest, etc. She went to work though and came back with so many dresses that worked with what I wanted and fit my size to a T. After only liking the dresses that I tried on, she pulled one last dress that floored me and I immediately fell in love with AND was under my budget. I was so pleased with the whole experience of trying on the dress and felt amazing after the whole process! Even when getting fitted, my seamstress was so helpful and accommodating and helped me find the right shape wear and undergarments to make the dress and me look absolutely fantastic. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that the travel to and from Manhattan is draining, and they were a little hard to get in touch with at times when calling about payments or making fitting appointments. But everything else was top notch! All my friends who are getting married in the future, I tell them to at least stop there because of my experience, and they might find that one of a kind dress to make their day even better!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Nicole B

Kleinfeld is located conveniently right around the corner from my job, so I decided to go there to try and find my dress. I am SO glad I did! I worked with Lisa to find the perfect gown and she did amazing. She knew exactly what would work on my body and pushed me to try on a... Read More few things I didn’t immediately love. I found the most perfect dress! A Pronovias that fit me perfectly, thanks to the amazing women in alterations. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Alicia L

Amazing customer service. I worked with Candice and she did a great j0b. She knew the dresses inside and out and I was able to pick my dress after trying on about 7. She took all of my information into consideration. I even wanted to try on a dress out of my price range and she... Read More was highly against it which I appreciated. The whole process was seamless!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jessica L

From watching Say Yes To The Dress, I have been dreaming of wearing a Pnina Tornai gown on my wedding day. However, there are so many incredible designers that Kleinfeld carries, I wanted to try gowns on of various designers, including Pnina Tornai. I did just that. Lisa... Read More Fuhrman was my consultant and she was fantastic! Lisa was very attentive to my needs and desires. I indicated that I think I want a ball gown but that I'm willing to try on any style that would be flattering on me. I showed Lisa pictures of my favorite gowns, and she proceeded to pull a bunch of gorgeous gowns. One of the gowns she pulled really stood out to me, and this is the first one I tried on. It is also the one I said yes to. It is a Pnina Tornai gown. Not only did I know this was my dress, but so did Lisa. Thank you Lisa for helping me find my dream dress! Once I said yes to the dress, I couldn't wait for it to arrive at Kleinfeld. When I finally received a text indicating that my gown has arrived at the salon, I immediately contacted it to pay my balance so that my gown could be shipped to my home in NJ. Once my gown was shipped to my home, I made an appoitnment in the alterations department for my first fitting. My gown was shipped to me before my first fitting so I could avoid paying NY salestax. Kleinfeld also works with specific budgets. They encourage brides to set budgets and stick to them. They don't try to sell a bride a gown that exceeds her budget. Since Kleinfeld has the largest selection of bridal gowns in the US, it was the first and last bridal salon I shopped at for my wedding dress. They have gorgeous dresses at all different prices. If you're on a very tight budget and think you can't afford a dress from Kleinfeld, then go to their sample sale. Don't even waste your time going from one small bridal salon to another. Just go to Kleinfeld and walk away having said yes to your dream dress!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Rita M

I was hesitant to go to Kleinfeld because I thought it would be chaos. but I had an amazing experience - from selecting a gown, to selecting accessories, and alterations. Everyone was so professional, thorough, helpful, and kind. It was a very calm experience throughout. I never... Read More felt pressured. Definitely recommend!