~Allow Us to Tie Up All Your Loose Ends~

We truly make each event special and memorable by adding personal touches and paying close attention to all the details. We have handled events from 23 guests to over 1,200 plus.We have traveled near and far and taken care of everything from "I DO to I DID!" "ALLOW US TO TIE UP ALL OF YOUR LOOSE EN

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, Planning

Burlington, NC (910) 617-2271

The Best Day Ever From The Best Planner Ever

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 kate h

What an exceptional woman. My husband and I knew we wanted to work with her from the moment we met her. She has an infectious personality. Jenn takes pride in what she does. She cares truly and deeply about making your day as special and as memorable as possible. We were able to... Read More enjoy our day and not worry about a thing. Truly a blessing and a privilege to work with Knot Your Average Events.

Reviewed on 12/08/2015

Jennifer Ball was hands down excellent to work with. When my mother and I first met Jenn one of the very first things she said was that she "wanted us to feel like a guest at our wedding." I really and truly did, from start to finish, and I know that my mother did too. Jennifer... Read More was able to take the stress off of myself and my family (my mother especially) the day of the wedding. She was our go to person as we planned our wedding reception that was in our backyard. We told her our vision and she was able to help us design, layout and help us make it come to life. She contacted all the vendors that we needed to work with and compared and secured quotes. She responded to all emails, phone calls and text messages from both myself and my mother. The day of our wedding was when she and her staff shined the most. They all had excellent communication with one another (radio and head sets). One of her staff persons at all times had eyes on me. I (bride) was very well taken care of. Every question I asked was followed up on. If there was a crisis the day of, I didn't know about it because she handled it. The ceremony was smooth and there was a backup plan just in case (ceremony was in an outside garden). I had full confidence that everything was taken care of. At the reception, my husband and I were greeted with huge smiles from Jennifer's staff and we had drinks and appetizers waiting for us! Bliss! We were able to sit and enjoy one another and our food for a solid 20 minutes before we were introduced to our guests. We always had our drinks filled and we were served first. We actually ate the dinner we payed for and it was delicious! When there were last minute changes before the reception started, Jennifer was gracious and rolled with it...not a problem for her and her amazing staff! Our guests gave great praise of the Knot Your Average Event staff and their attentiveness. They were kind and pleasant to work with. Such nice people, and who were all doing it for the right reasons. I was not stressed on my wedding day at all. I KNEW that Jennifer and her staff would handle any situation that arose. I was calm and excited and not worried about the "what ifs?" I enjoyed the day for what it was. Thank you Jennifer and in particular Kristian, Jennifer, LaChelle and Jonathan! You helped to make our day everything it was meant to be!

2015-12-08T15:40:13 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure and honor to be a part of your special day! I'm more excited that we've stayed in touch beyond the aisle....

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Lindsey N

AMAZING! I wish I could say more than just thank you for everything they did on my wedding day. Jennifer is the best. Any questions or concerns she had the answers. the staff had the best personalities and always made sure I was okay. they are worth every single penny. you won't... Read More regret anything when it comes to them!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Jessica R

Jennifer Ball with KYAE is PERFECT. She is absolutely PERFECT. The BEST wedding planner. Her prices were definitely nothing compared to how much she is worth, and how much she deserves for all she does. She is not only the best of the best, not just by me but with a highly... Read More coveted reputation among all vendors in the area. She is not just a wedding planner, but she feels like a friend. She is also a certified Sandals Honeymoon consultant, which just adds a bonus for those looking for a Sandals honeymoon. Jenn is just stunning, both inside and out. She is a genius in the world of wedding planning. She is smart. She is sharp. She is professional. She worked our wedding in the most confident and calm fashion. She runs a tight ship and makes sure everything comes together without a hiccup. Nothing is perfect, and despite any hiccup, she made it into something beautiful and intentional. So many calls, texts, and emails where she calmed me, guided me, supported me, and made me feel like the most important person in the world. She has a way of lighting up the room, and making everything she touches amazing. She is such a bright presence, and she is fun and has the best perspective on life, and never fails to show confidence and positivity. She is brilliant, beautiful, talented, patient, professional, and so many more things. I absolutely love her and feel beyond honored and blessed to have had her plan my wedding. Her crew that assists her is on point as well, and they never skip a beat to follow suite with Jenn. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend KYAE as your wedding planner. I was at first skeptical of getting a wedding planner because of its cost, but her prices are the most reasonable out there, and being at a wedding without a planner, then realizing how perfect mine was, as well as things Jenn thought of for me, and how stress-free my planning was, Jenn is the way to go! Meet with her and you will know.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Katharine S

KYAE was the backbone of my incredible "Princess Bride" movie-themed wedding in June. It was a wedding, costume party and dance event of the year! Every little detail was complete and this team was fun to work with on planning and execution. Everyone agreed it was the perfect... Read More day- thanks to Jennifer Ball and her KYAE team!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Brooke M

Jen is amazing!!!! She made our day very special and memorable. But most importantly she took the stress off my mom!!! That meant more to me than anything else. She was the planner for my sisters wedding and so I already knew she would make our lives easier. She was the one... Read More non-negotiable for our wedding!!! She has become apart of our family!! If you want someone who will listen and truly care she is the absolute best person for the job!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Ashley Q

If you are considering planning and coordinating your wedding all by yourself my husband and I would suggest that you reconsider. Our only wedding related regret is not having hired Knot Your Average Events sooner! We hired Jenn and her team approximately 5 months before our... Read More wedding and she put us at ease by asking all of the right questions and helping us to create the personalized wedding of our dreams within our budget. Lachelle did a fantastic job as our day of coordinator and made sure everything went off without a hitch! My husband and I HIGHLY recommend this team, ESPECIALLY if you live out of town and are going to NC to get married as we did.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Kara B

Jennifer Ball & her staff at Knot Your Average Events are the most professional & detail oriented crew we have ever seen! We spent over a year planning our dream wedding with Jennifer & we had no doubt in our minds that she would take care of everything we asked from her. Our... Read More wedding day was MAGICAL & we can never thank KYAE enough for making our wedding day so special!!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 April S

Don't think you need a wedding coordinator? Think again! My now husband and I were planning a small 100 people, DIY rustic wedding. We wanted to DIY everything...little cost and be able to re-use almost everything as decoration post wedding. We couldn't fathom spending lots of... Read More money for just "one day", however, we wanted to treat ourselves to a nice wedding. We met with Jenn when we were tired of stressing about who would do this, what family member would do that. She recommended TOP NOTCH vendors for us to use and helped us prioritize. Every step of the way she answered questions, gave her expertise (trust us, she IS an expert), and most importantly, reminded us that it was about us. No one else. Jenn is solely concerned about you as a couple and what her and KYAE can do to help make your day all that you've dreamed. That is exactly what happened. Perfection. It came and went but we got to enjoy every second because everything from set-up, double checking schedules with vendors prior to wedding day, tear down, and even cake cutting was taken care of by a fabulous team. Any last minute hiccup, we didn't know about until after...our families got to be guests...we were waited on and treated like King and Queen for the day. It was the most fun that we have ever had. We know without a doubt if we hadn't had hired KYAE, our day would've been chaos. No matter how small you are planning...Jenn and KYAE are worth every single penny. You will not be disappointed.

"Live In The Moment"

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Cindy W

Jennifer Ball is one of the most UPBEAT, high energy, ALWAYS has a smile kind of person that I have the pleasure of knowing!! She has a calmness, and a liveliness to her that upon first meeting her, I saw right away and knew she had to be the planner for me. I am a worry... Read More wart, she did her absolute best at every turn to help me not worry so much. She was always readily available to answer questions, offer opinions and support. She truly is a wonderful and caring person. Jennifer has a great vision too, which is another thing I loved. She and her crew saw my vision, she took my wedding planning madness and created something wonderful. Even when the weather (rain) had other ideas, Jenn made it all come together. I hung onto her words of wisdom. The day of she said to me "no matter what happens, good or bad, just LIVE in the MOMENT" I think of those words everyday now. Hiring Jennifer with Knot Your Average Events was money well spent. Can't imagine if we would have gone forward without her, as we did consider not having an event coordinator at all 😳

Garden Party Perfection

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

Jennifer and the staff at Knot Your Average Events were fantastic! They helped the girl who had no idea what she wanted, just lots of ideas of what she didn't want, create the perfect wedding day. Our wedding and reception went off without a hitch! KYAE took care of all of the... Read More details and made sure all of our guests were taken care of. I am so thankful that we found Jennifer and her team!

Hiring KYAE was one of the BEST decisions we've ever made.

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Amanda H

Shortly after getting engaged, I started looking for wedding planners. I had contacted another planner in the area first, but given our smaller budget, she said she could not plan our event. However, she said she would give our information to another planner in the area. Low... Read More and behold, Jennifer contacted me within 24 hours, saying that she specialized in small budget weddings, and that she would love to coordinate or event, and in fact--that we couldn't afford NOT to hire her! Of course, we were intrigued so we set up a meeting. We met at Starbucks and, halfway through the meeting, I KNEW she was the one. Her professionalism, vitality, charisma, energy, wealth of knowledge and experience spoke for themselves. I was instantly put at ease. She was there every step of the way that I needed her advice, or to answer a question, or to help calm me down if I was having a planning meltdown! She also stepped in on my behalf to speak to other vendors that I was having issues with so that I didn't have to become "BRIDEZILLA!!". Her wedding planning book, is also some of the best money I've ever spent. I read that book constantly, carried it with me, scribbled notes in it, referenced it for over a year before our wedding. It is also filled with all of the names and contact information for the local vendors KYAE is affiliated with, which is where I found all of my other vendors. As far as helping me plan the wedding, she was very good to be my sounding board and reality check without completely shooting down my vision. She was able to preserve my vision and make it happen in more practical or cost effective manner. When it came down to the actual day of the wedding, I was supremely calm; I had no wedding day jitters, no freak outs or melt downs. Everyone else around me seemed nervous and frantic, and every time someone asked me what to do in a particular situation of "Where is so-and-so?" all I or my then fiancée replied all day and night was "I don't know, ask Jenn, our coordinator. She's the one with the short spikey hair. Or, ask one of her assistants, they have the pink and green shirts."....and then I just went on about my fabulous bride business. She even made sure a fire was put out at the outdoor marshmallow bar before I ever saw it! I'm sure you brides are hesitant about spending already limited wedding funds on a planner, but TRUST ME--you DO NOT want to worry about all the details and drama on your wedding day. KYAE made sure that all my vendors were doing what they were contracted to do, that all my family members and friends were ushered where they needed to go and answered any and all questions, they handled set up, decorations, logistics, tear down, and clean up. All of these things, I didn't have to burden a family member to do for me--they could just enjoy themselves and soak in the memories made during our wedding. And as if all of this isn't enough reason to hire her, don't take my word for it....set up a meeting with her and see what she had to say. I guarantee that you can't help but love her, and her amazing staff. --Mrs.Amanda Gibson, married Sept. 20th, 2014 in Stokesdale, NC

A "Knot Your Average" Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

Where do I even start?! Jenn, and her staff, went above and beyond the call of duty for our wedding. My husband and I couldn't imagine having hired another wedding planner. Jenn made our day run so smoothly from beginning to end. Little details did not go missed; she made sure... Read More each thing happened. When the fire alarm went off in the church because there was something burning in the bottom of the oven that the caterer was using, Jenn quickly fixed the problem and handled it like a pro; calm, cool, and collected. I knew from the moment that I first met Jenn that I didn't have to worry about a single thing on my wedding day. She is professional, courteous, and extremely helpful. She's not afraid to speak up and give suggestions to ensure that your day will run smoothly. She is honest and fair, and her staff is also very professional. I highly recommend Knot Your Average Events for ALL of your event planning needs!

Wedding planner- Knot Your Average Events

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Caitlyn K

When it comes to wedding planning Jenn, at Knot Your Average Events, is on the ball!! Her entire team is professional, courteous and delivers on the wedding experience. Goes above and beyond anything you could expect to make your day PERFECT! I do not believe snafu is in her... Read More vocabulary. She makes sure everything is at 100% and her staff executes it down to every last tiny detail. Couldn't have done it without Jenn, she was always in contact throughout the entire process! She answered any question I had sane or crazy without judgment, just helpful answers. Found the most perfect venue for us when we were about to give up, and worked with us to create the wedding day we had dreamed of! Can't thank her and the staff at Knot Your Average Events enough!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Heather F

Jennifer is amazing at what she does. My wedding day was in the sunshine until 4:00 when the downpour began about an hour before the ceremony was supposed to begin. She was able before the ceremony began to get tables, chairs, dj and everything else moved to make for the most... Read More personable close ceremony I had been to. She knows how to work it to make sure your day is awesome.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/11/2014

I cannot say enough positive things about this vendor. Every detail was covered both in the planning and the day of the event. Jennifer understood my vision and worked hard to make it a reality. She worked well within our budget and her numerous connections in the wedding... Read More industry helped get us deals and bonuses that made our day extra special. I have recommended her to many newly engaged couples and will continue to do so!

Wedding Whisperer

Reviewed on 10/20/2013 Meredith M

Jennifer is one word- amazing. If you want your event to run smoothly, please hire Jennifer with Knot Your Average Events. She runs behind the scenes the entire time like superwoman, making sure everything runs without a hitch. Even though she is coordinating all this, she is... Read More always there when you need her. As the bride, it is important to enjoy your day, and turn over everything you have planned out for a year to someone you trust. Jennifer, you can always fully trust. She also has amazing ideas, and thinks of so many elements that I would have never even thought of. She cares about what the bride wants, but also tries to keep reality in check. She is not only leading the bride, groom, bridal party, but also all the guest, and vendors in what needs to be happening at the current time. We love Jennifer and could never have done it without her.