Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

154 Sterling Street, Brooklyn, NY Tri State Area (818) 726-6592

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Amy K

Hiring Konrad to shoot our wedding was one of best and easiest decisions we ever made (other than getting married).  We knew from our first conversation with him that he was the best choice and boy, were we ever right on this one.  Konrad is super professional, talented,... Read More creative, warm and genuine. He was always on time with meetings and was so easy to communicate with.  He completely understood what we were looking for and captured every moment of our day. Konrad is like a stealth - you barely know he's even there and somehow, he was everywhere!  He made our posed portraits look comfortable and casual (just what we wanted) and captured everyone's emotions so beautifully in all the candid/journalistic style photos.  He even took some instamatic shots that night and then took a really cool shot of those photos.   The highlights photos arrived super quick and about a week later, we got all the photos - they were organized by portraits, ceremony, reception, etc. - which made it so easy for us to share photos with family and friends. I would highly recommend Konrad for wedding and any professional photography needs.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Sarah G

We absolutely loved working with Konrad! From our first email to him, he was extremely professional and responsive. When we met in person, we immediately felt comfortable with him, and decided to go for it. We had a very successful (and fun!) engagement shoot, which yielded... Read More many wonderful photos. At our wedding, Konrad was SO easy to work with - he put us and our families at ease. He managed to be everywhere without being at all obtrusive. We just received our photos - less than a month after the wedding - and we're elated. Konrad is both easygoing and fabulously talented. We can't wait to have another special occasion so we can work with Konrad again. You won't regret hiring him as your wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Emily S

When it came time to select our wedding photographer, there was no question in our mind, we were going to pick Konrad. Having seen his photos of many of our families weddings we knew he would be perfect to document our special day. Konrad is a pleasure to work with and has an... Read More uncanny ability to capture the most special, candid moments without ever being intrusive. He made our engagement photo shoot during a snow storm in Central Park very personal and magical. On our wedding day we were confident leaving the photo selection in Konrad's hands and he was equally happy to capture all of our photo requests. He is calm and confident and always in the right spot to take the right photo in the right moment. And as we begin to see our sneak peek photos of our wedding day we're overcome with all the emotions of our special day once again. We could not be more grateful for Konrad.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Neiha D

So unbelievably grateful to have had Konrad as our wedding photographer! I live in Chicago and was planning my wedding in Upstate NY, where I grew up. I'm Indian-American and my husband is white and so there were a LOT of details to consider. Konrad did my brother's engagement... Read More pictures and they said that they preferred working with Konrad and his pictures to their wedding photographer! Even though Konrad was traveling from Brooklyn he had the most reasonably priced estimates when considering the quality of his portfolio. Konrad was so easy to work with during contract negotiations and was patient with my parent's and in-laws. We had an exclusively Kashmiri-Hindu/Indian wedding and Konrad found an amazing second photographer that has a great deal of experience with Indian weddings. Konrad and the other photographer were incredible at the wedding. It felt like they were a part of the family and they captured so many special big and little moments without being obtrusive. One of the most remarkable pictures was a close-up of the exact moment that my husband's shoes were stolen (fun Indian custom). Konrad was able to provide the final pictures well beyond the time frame we discussed which is incredible considering it was a multi-day event. I was married 7/10, the pictures were ready 8/5, and I still have not been able to decide which pictures I like the best for our album! Konrad took wonderful candid portraits of all of our guests which we really appreciated since weddings are about family and not just the bride and groom. We keep joking that we want Konrad to photograph every event in our lives. He was so great and is such a sweetie! I would recommend that anyone in NY state get in touch with Konrad for any photography needs you may have.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Timothy

We'd give Konrad ten stars if we could! He traveled from NYC to Pennsylvania twice for us, once for engagement photos and once for the actual wedding, and arrived ahead of schedule both times. The engagement shoot was at my husband and I's alma mater, a place very dear to our... Read More hearts, but if possible, Konrad out-enthusiasmed us about the campus. He found so many cool places to take photos, some which were familiar to us and some totally new, and they came out so much nicer than I could have imagined. Konrad was great about telling us how to pose and making us feel comfortable, which we really needed considering we both tend to feel a little awkward and usually look really weird in photos. It helped us that Konrad just sort of took charge so we didn't have to worry about things like "does my arm look awkward here? Am I slouching?" He made sure we were posed in such a way that our photos would come out well, and they exceeded our expectations. I love that all of Konrad's photos look sharp and all of his shoots look distinct from one another. Even though lots of our friends have used Konrad (after he did my sister's wedding everyone from our hometown wanted to hire him), our engagement album still feels unique and special. I really felt that he was very present with us where we were and not just going through the same old motions. On our wedding day, Konrad and Tobias were incredibly cool under pressure. My husband and I had opted not to do a "first look," so we wanted to get all the family photos out of the way before the ceremony, but my side of the family was running waaaay behind schedule. If Konrad hadn't told me to put on my dress and gotten everyone out of the way so I could do that we would have never made it to the ceremony--that's not a joke, he was the only one paying attention to the time! He and Tobias kept things calm and upbeat so I could focus on pictures in the midst of the shuttle buses arriving and taking out all the lighting in the venue's driveway, my five-year old niece who was hell-bent on putting a dead hydrangea in my bouquet, my two-year old nieces and nephews who wouldn't sit still, and my whole family generally being loud and panicked before the ceremony! I was seriously impressed by how calm they were. Konrad also helped when I was feeling annoyed that the venue had insisted on moving our outdoor ceremony under a tent that I didn't particularly like even though the percent chance of rain plummeted from fifty to ten percent before the ceremony and the skies were obviously clear. Konrad told me he had seen people move ceremonies back outside only to have it rain in the middle of it and assured me the pictures would still be great, which really helped reassure me. We got our sneak peaks back while we were still on our honeymoon, which was a nice surprise, and although we are obviously looking forward to seeing the final photos, the best part was just having a photographer who was reliable, personable, cool under pressure, and most importantly, takes beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 1/03/2016

My wife and I met with a lot of photographers and decided to go with Konrad because we thought all the photos he posted on his website were amazing. It was nice hearing our friends and family say the same about our engagement photos and wedding photos. Aside from taking great... Read More photos, Konrad is also very professional and easy to work with. He's always early to shoots, great at returning calls/emails/texts, managing time, and communicating with us so we always knew what was going on and what was coming up. During the engagement shoot and the 3 days of wedding festivities, Konrad was always upbeat, funny, and confident so that everyone around him was at ease and having fun. I'm really glad he was apart of our wedding, and I hope other people have that privilege as well.

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Mariel M

Konrad was amazing start to finish! We had him for our engagement shoot and our wedding. Made us feel at ease immediately - we got so many compliments throughout the day. He was super easy to work with, even gave us some Polaroids to take home that day! We got a bunch of... Read More previews to fawn over, and he worked quickly so we got the real stuff in record time! He was super stealthy, and knows what's important, getting a bunch of stuff we didn't even know about until we got all the photos - which is great because who has time to remember all that on your wedding day?! Highly recommend for any special moment you want captured.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 Magdalena J

Konrad is absolutely amazing! Working with him was a pleasure and everyone felt so comfortable with him, which definitely showed in the pictures. Everybody just loved him! He was always responding very quickly and we got the pictures after not even two weeks! And the pictures... Read More were gorgeous! They looked even better than we imagined. Thank you Konrad! Magdalena

Look no further - Konrad is truly the best in every way!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Nicole E

If I could give Konrad 10 stars I would. He is a professional, friendly, dedicated, and talented wedding photographer. My now-husband and I first met Konrad about a year before the wedding in a Brooklyn coffee shop. I wanted to chat in person before hiring him, and I knew right... Read More away that he was the perfect person to work with us. Konrad is easy-going, funny, and professional - exactly what you would want on your wedding day. I immediately felt at ease with him. Not to mention his photos are stunning! Konrad offered to travel up to Boston for our engagement session (which worked with his travel plans) at no extra cost which was extremely generous of him. The pictures came out far better than I could ever hope for. There was no bad picture in the bunch. It was fun to work with him, and he made the mood fun even though the day was very cold. His vision for a lot of the shots is evident, and the resulting photos are breathtaking. Fast forward a few months - four months prior to our wedding, our venue (reBar) abruptly closed without notice and affected hundreds of couples in the NYC area. I was devastated. I emailed Konrad within a couple of days and he was beyond supportive. He wanted to do everything possible to help, and gave us the days he was still available. We had to change the date of our wedding, and luckily Konrad was still able to be there. I'm so thankful for the amount of grace and sympathy he showed toward us at a difficult time. During the wedding day, Konrad was fun, professional, and knew exactly what we needed. Since we did photos in Brooklyn Bridge Park, he had no qualms with telling other people to hold off on walking through when he was setting up a shot. He was helpful in telling us what to do and how to look - very important when you're not used to having your picture taken all the time. His style is very playful and whimsical. There's no stuffiness like some traditional wedding photogs. He sensed when my husband and I needed a break and when our families were getting to be a little too much for us. THAT is something I can never thank him enough for :) Konrad made everyone comfortable and at ease throughout the wedding. He really captured the fun and magic of the evening. In the end, we have over 1000 INCREDIBLE photos of our wedding. I think my favorites are the ones of the dance party! Konrad really knows how to get the crowd going, while getting amazing shots in an unobtrusive way. I would 100% recommend him to any family or friends looking for a wonderful, down to earth, insanely talented photographer. Thank you Konrad!!

Konrad is the Best

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Kathryn M

Konrad is an awesome person who takes beautiful photographs. He photographed our June wedding in Vermont and we were so happy with the results. From beginning to end, he was relaxed, professional, and friendly, and made us and our guests feel at ease. I'm not always comfortable... Read More in front of the camera and Konrad was able to sense (and adapt) when we needed a break from posed shots. Leading up to the wedding he was organized and quick to reply to our emails--an absolute breeze to plan with! The photos came out beautifully and I was pleased with the mix of portrait and candid shots he took. He even went row by row and photographed all our guests seated for the ceremony--not pictures I would have thought to ask for, but some of my favorite and most treasured shots from the day. Highly recommended!

Konrad Rocked our Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 9/09/2014

Konrad rocked our wedding photos this summer in Bear Mountain NY. The final product was outstanding beyond expectations!!! The pictures were lively, fun and gorgeous. Additionally, he was so much fun to have around. He made everyone feel comfortable and we all a blast..... Read More HIGHLY recommended.

Great photographer

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 celeste v

We loved Konrad! He did our wedding photos in early May 2014. We booked him sometime around September 2013. He gave us a really fair deal, and did a wonderful, professional, and timely job. Guests kept commenting how Konrad seemed to be everywhere, he really didn't miss a shot!... Read More We wanted candid shots, photo-journalism style, and he truly delivered. We felt very comfortable with him, he's very nice to be around. He sent us some "preview" pictures just a few days after the wedding, and the full set of pics only about 4 weeks later, super fast. In all, I would definitely recommend him!

Amazing Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Jessica M

We used Konrad to shoot our engagement last year and were highly impressed (his work is AMAZING!) so it was a no-brainer to have him as our wedding photographer. We were so happy with the engagement photos that we had him shoot our wedding on the West Coast in Malibu this May.... Read More As always, he was more than professional, accessible and showed up extra early to walk-through the venue to scout out shoot locations. He is such a pro and one of the easiest and nicest vendors I have ever dealt with (and I work in event planning and deal with A LOT of photographers). We have not received our final photos yet but have seen a preview and are blown away. They are every bit beautiful, creative and capture the day perfectly. I would highly recommend him to anyone, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Konrad for everything!!!!

Couldn't have asked for better!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 aireal g

Konrad was an amazing photographer! That day he made everything go so smooth he let everything flow naturally. He also gave direction when needed! Our guests absolutely loved him! We got the sneak peak pictures back and I love all of them and I'm so excited to see the rest! We... Read More were so happy with him as our choice and if you choose him you will be too!

A Brooklyn Love Story

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Victoria B

My finance and I were searching for the perfect photographer for our wedding on Aug 17, 2013. We searched for several months and met numerous people but we felt no spark or connections. We both knew who ever, we would choose that we both had to feel comfortable and that it would... Read More have to match our price range. I personally enjoy taking pictures then being in them so comfort ability was extremely important to me. We eventually found the right photographer on the knot and his name was Konrad Brattke. There were various reasons why we decided to choose Konrad. First and foremost his portfolio was simply exquisite. There was an array of couples from all different backgrounds, religious affiliations to size. The way color and black and white were woven into the albums were impressive. His photos are not “cookie cutter” or “standard posses”. They captured various details in a wedding. The small touches of the shoes, to the centerpieces on the table. Looking at his work I felt connected to him through his photographers. They told a story because of the details and the angles of the shots. When we left our first meeting we did not have to decide too long that we wanted Konrad as out photographer. Konrad’s is a constant professional and is consistent, punctual and timely. He made us feel at ease at our first meeting. His demeanor and personality is very personable. He responds to emails and listens to what we wanted in our photo shoot. When we did our engagement photos I felt relax. My fiancé is a ham for taking pictures and completely enjoyed the shoot. On our wedding day he captured more then photos but the actual feeling of that day. When we looked at our pictures we had so many emotions. Our families and guest commended us at how friendly he was and polite taking their pictures. I highly recommend Konrad Brattke. We would totally hire for any other shoot for our lives. Victoria and Carl

Mrs. Deegs

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Corinne B

Konrad and his assistant Tim are fabulous. The photos they took came out great and we couldn't be happier! They are both easy to work with and our whole wedding party loved them! My husband was in a wedding party a few years back and Konrad and Tim were were the photographers.... Read More We didn't even bother shopping around for other photographers after seeing their photos from our friend's wedding. We highly recommend them!

Photographer with Style & Personality

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 megahn m

Konrad Brattke photographed our destination wedding in NC and did an incredible job. We booked Konrad to cover our rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception. He asked about & remembered all the idiosyncrasies of our families - from divorced parents to extended family who didn't... Read More speak English - and captured every special shot that I requested. He worked fluidly with our day-of-coordinator, DJ, minister, reception staff -- you name it. Konrad is a great communicator, and is excellent at relaxing otherwise anxious photo subjects (i.e. my groom/now husband!) I am so thankful I chose Konrad to photograph our wedding.

Perfect blend of classic and contemporary

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Vivian C

Konrad was an absolute pleasure to work with. He helped me to adjust my day-of schedule to optimize photo-taking time and opportunities. Konrad arrived on time and immediately began snapping photos. We had a great combination of detail shots, posed group photos, candid photos,... Read More and some cool effects. He was all over our reception, taking pictures of groups, couples, and the dance floor without anyone even noticing he was there -- a few guests took to calling him a "photo ninja." Konrad took all of the shots that I wanted, and his spur of the moment decisions to take pictures on the street in front of our reception venue turned out to be our favorite set. Our edited photo gallery was ready in just about two weeks. Konrad was warm, composed, and professional, and I would absolutely recommend him for your wedding.

AWESOME photag!

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Jessica B

amazing job! Made us so comfortable throughout and felt more like a friend shooting us than a stranger. Our photos turned out awesome.

Konrad caters to the couple's "vision"!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Sarah W

My now husband and I interviewed about 10 photogs before selecting Konrad. We had gone to so many where their prices charged way more than they were worth, every shot was "posey-posey" and one dimensional. Konrad really took the time to listen to what we wanted out of our... Read More wedding photos (in our case a lot of intimate candids), and took that information along with inspirational photos we forwarded him - and did just that. Each picture captures that love and excitement of the day from us to the guests ... not to mention he has a kick ass peronality and was super fun and comfortable to work with, highly recommended!

Konrad ist wunderbar!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Tanya S

I got married last March in Dumbo (Brooklyn). Let me first say, it was COLD! Let me next say that Konrad let me know ahead of time to bring a coat because he had looked at the weather forecast for the timeframe we would be outside taking pictures. So, I got to be warm walking... Read More spot to spot, and then handed my jacket off to him every time I had to pose. Konrad is super organized, and had arrived early that morning to stake out good photo spots and knew exactly where to take us. So when we arrived, he tried to usher my husband and I plus the wedding party around as quickly and efficiently as possible, all the while hauling my "obviously not a part of my bridal ensemble" coat and all the while my poor little niece/flower girl was shivering and saying "coldddd." The moral of the story is: I firmly believe that had we hired anyone but Konrad, that morning would have been infinitely more painful in the cold because I don't think anyone else could have possibly had everything mapped out as well as he did. My family really enjoyed his demeanor. In fact, I'm pretty sure he was everyone's favorite part of the wedding (well, besides the premium unlimited bar). He even had a nice, yet professional way, to tell the random tourist videographer who got right up in front of the bridal party while he was taking group shots - "Hey, Mr. Videographer, I really like what you're doing, but you are blocking my shot." Onto the pictures. They were fantastic. Even random people I barely talk to on facebook have commented that they look like something right out of an old-timey movie (the Brooklyn/NYC skyline background doesn't hurt). He also did a great job of getting great individual shots of all of our guests, which I think is 1) a great way for us to remember years down the road who came and 2) a nice keepsake for our guests. I look at the photos on a daily basis, not just because it was the happiest day in my life (awww) but because they're damn awesome pictures, and I'm pretty sure I'd still look at them on a daily basis even if they weren't mine. In short, Konrad is awesome.

Hire this photographer NOW!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Kelly W

My fiance and I hired Konrad after meeting him and liking his approach to wedding photography - make the bride and groom comfortable in front of the camera and leave the tough stuff to him. We were hesitant to do an engagement shoot because we were looking to save money, but... Read More this was included in Konrad's packages. We were thankful we did it. The pictures came out beautiful and helped us get comfortable with the camera and Konrad. By the time our wedding day came, we were feeling at ease with Konrad and at the awkward thought of lots of pictures being taken of us. Konrad again delivered an excellent service. We got our pictures back and couldn't be happier. One of the best things about his service is that there were no hidden fees or surprise charges. We hired an amazing photographer who delivered a top notch service and a stunning finished product.

Konrad is amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Kristina B

I was referred to Konrad through a friend, and I am so happy I asked around. Konrad was amazing from the beginning of the process to the end. He is detailed, yet laid-back. He does exactly what you ask him to, and adds in his fabulous artistic eye. I loved working with him,... Read More and my husband did, too. I have received numerous compliments on him, and his work. He also brought along an assistant, and she was also amazing. Again, I highly recommend Konrad. His work is incredible.

We Love Konrad!

Reviewed on 3/15/2012 Faith M

My husband and I cannot recommend Konrad Brattke highly enough. He was recommended to us by a friend-- so we saw him in action at their wedding and then ours. Konrad is reasonably priced compared to many photographers. His finished products are gorgeous, crisp, and convey all... Read More the love and happiness that tends to exist at weddings! We loved our pictures, and so did everyone who has seen them. More than that, Konrad was exceptionally wonderful to work with. He's a very nice, friendly, and cool guy and is also very professional. He's very accessible via email or the phone, and he was willing to meet with me as many times as I needed him to. At the wedding, he was a pleasure to have around. He was unobtrusive but got all the shots we could have wanted. When we were tired of taking pictures, he didn't mind stopping. When our families were misbehaving instead of standing still for the pictures, he was patient. Hiring him was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. And all of our guests loved him too-- one of them even hired him for their upcoming wedding! -R&J

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 3/14/2012 Rebecca W

Konrad was my wedding photographer. He was extremely professional throughout the entire process. He did our engagement photos as well. We did them in central park and it was on the hottest day last summer. He kept us moving around and captured really wonderful moments. Prior to... Read More our wedding, I gave him a list of the kinds of photos we wanted done of our family and the actual wedding. He spent the entire wedding moving to all the tables and took great shots of everyone. We got married in Boston, so he traveled to our location. He made sure to know what the venue was like before the actual day. Everyone loved him!! About two weeks later, Konrad sent us a DVD with all the photos. During and after the wedding everyone commented on how professional he was and comfortable he made everyone feel. He was creative with the photos as well. We got married at a hotel on a sunny October day with very large windows and a patio. He went outside onto the patio and leaned over to take a photo of everyone on the dance floor. I feel this is a very creative and unique photo. Over all, he was the most wonderful photographer. My husband and I were both very pleased with the outcome of everything and love the photos and a great photographer!