La Valencia Hotel

LA JOLLA, CA

Book Your Wedding with La Valencia Hotel

A BALLROOM IN LA JOLLA, CA

La Valencia Hotel is located in located off of the beach in sunny La Jolla, California. It is located along a picturesque stretch of the pacific ocean, right above the La Jolla Cove. The hotel itself features distinctive Mediterranean architecture with an easy to spot pink exterior. The grounds feature lush foliage including colorful flowers and towering palm trees. There are a number of romantic indoor and outdoor spaces available for wedding parties and receptions.

The Garden. The Garden at La Valencia Hotel is a picturesque location for an outdoor wedding ceremony. Surrounded by flowering plants and well manicured hedges, this space offers pool and ocean views. There is enough room to seat up to 150 guests on the grassy lawn and couples can say their vows under a ceremonial arch with the sparkling ocean behind them.

The Verandah Ball Room and Terrace. The Verandah Ball Room and Terrace offers sweeping views of the La Jolla coastline. A black and white marble foyer with crystal chandeliers create an elegant yet inviting atmosphere. This 3,000 square foot space can accommodate up to 175 guests with plenty of room for a dance floor. If guests start to get warm, they can step out onto the terrace for some fresh air.

The MED and Patio. The MED and Patio is an indoor and outdoor space that features views of the beach and La Jolla Village. It is an intimate space that can accommodate up to 80 seated guests or 150 standing guests.

The Galeria. The Galeria is an ideal space for small receptions or rehearsal dinners with 50 guests or fewer .The decor is charming and sophisticated, with bright colors that compliment the natural sunlight. Large arched windows overlook the La Jolla coastline.

La Valencia Hotel offers a variety of accommodations for out of town guests and newly married couples who want to stay overnight. There are standard guest rooms, suites and private villas available. During spring and summer months these rooms fill up quickly, so it is a good idea to book them well in advance of the wedding.

This venue provides all food and beverage services for weddings and there is a required food and drink minimum. There is a professional catering staff on site and they can work with couples to create a customized menu that includes dishes for people with dietary restrictions.

La Valencia Hotel insists that wedding parties enlist the help of one of their professional wedding coordinators. The coordinator is the main communication point between the wedding party and the vendors supplying amenities for their wedding. On the day of the wedding the coordinator supervises the setup process and stays through the entire event to ensure that everything is in order.

La Valencia Hotel is a beautiful beachfront location that offers wedding parties a number of extra perks.

• Direct access to the beach
  • Heated swimming pool
  • 18 hole golf course
  • Laundry and dry cleaning services available
  • On site spa with massage services

Extraordinary elegance and distinctive style.

Intimate courtyards and breathtaking La Jolla sunsets. Unique architecture and extravagant touches. Set against the backdrop of the sparkling Pacific, La Valencia has proudly played hostess to special occasions and celebrations for nearly 87 years.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2008 09

1132 PROSPECT ST, LA JOLLA, CA (858) 551-3712
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Crystal T

We can't express enough how grateful we are for Bobby and the staff at La Valencia for giving us the wedding of our dreams. Everything from the moment we arrived at La Valencia was above and beyond perfection, to the tiniest detail. They worked with us in all aspects and... Read More provided exactly what we wanted. Thank you Bobby and the rest of the La V staff. We can't wait to return soon for a weekend getaway, as La Valencia now holds such a special place in our heart.

2017-05-20T13:18:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. It was such a pleasure getting to know you and an honor to be able to play a part on such a wonderful occasion. I am looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Ivy S

My husband and I both live in San Diego but most of guests were coming from out of town for the wedding. We wanted to have the quintessential San Diego wedding in a location where guests would not need a car. La Valencia met those requirements but the overall experience of our... Read More wedding day was so much more than that. We got married in November and the weather was perfect as it often is in San Diego. The guests from the east coast were all awed by the beautiful hotel, the weather, and basically set up shop at the pool for weekend. The hotel really is a beautiful venue with the outdoor courtyard overlooking the ocean for the ceremony and the reception area with the outdoor balcony. I can not think of a more ideal spot for wedding pictures as we took pictures all over the hotel as well as going down to the ocean cove for seaside pics as well. People could not stop talking about the food at the wedding from the cocktail hour appetizers to the meal choices for the dinner. Bobby from La Valencia is great and makes you feel like family when you are at the hotel. We could not ask for anything more on our special day and the hotel will always hold a special place in our hearts. We look forward to many more days spent at La Valencia.

2017-01-19T11:27:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful words. It truly was a pleasure working with you. We were honored to be able to play a small part on such a wonderful occasion. Don't forget to join us for your one year anniversary night. Bobby

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Caitlin P

The setting and the exceptional food at La Valencia speak for themselves, but it is Bobby who really sets the pink lady apart as a fantastic wedding venue. We first showed up without an appointment, 3 hours before another wedding was set to begin, and Bobby could not have been... Read More nicer or more accommodating in showing us the Hotel. He cheerfully dealt with an untold number of emails from us over the next year, and the wedding itself went off without a hitch. We had a fabulous day, and we absolutely recommend continuing the evening with an after party at cafe La Rue. They hosted a delicious crepe bar that was a huge hit with our guests. We couldn't be happier with our choice, and we can't wait to return for our 1 year anniversary!

2017-11-13T17:13:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you Caitlin and Andrew. It was great fun working with you and your friends and family were fantastic. I am glad you enjoyed the crepe bar. That was a first for us as a late night party. Can't wait to see the pictures of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 LM S

Bobby is a treasure and rare find. He is the backbone of La V weddings and the maker of dreams come true. He went above and beyond to make our ideas and personal touches come to life. Bobby was quick to respond to our needs, abundant in help and truly a pleasure to work with as... Read More he went above and beyond. I would recommend La V, and that would be so you could work with Bobby.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Byron S

Bobby was by far the best part of La V. Such an asset to our wedding planning process. Kind, fun, helpful, available and inventive. We miss working with him

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Tab N

Horrible venue for a wedding. Very pretty hotel but on a hot day there were no umbrellas, no water, food was cold, and only ONE available restroom for the entire wedding party. Valet overpriced and took forever to get my car. NOT A LA JOLLA QUALITY VENUE

2017-11-09T11:52:41 Response from the vendor

La Valencia is sad to see that this troubled individual has elected to exercise an earlier threat of extortion and slander through via social media. With pride, the hotel coordinated and serviced her important event as agreed and under the direction of she and her... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Tom M

I had my wedding here and was extremely mistreated. It started when the groomsman were getting ready in the board room and there were zero refreshments as promised. One of my groomsman has to actually order room service after several attempts to get some water from our wedding... Read More staff. I should've known then. It just got worse. The first question I asked when booking the venue was if it would be cold with the AC and Bobby said yes. It was so hot on our wedding day some guests actually left because of it. Also, the water situation carried over as no water was put out for guests which resulted, seemingly purposely, in a very high bar tab. We paid more for food stations but were given a buffet with a line so long, our guests waited 30 minutes in line. The rude staff kept coming up to me directly during the reception with problems they should've handled or told the wedding planner we hired to help their wedding planner, Bobby (who wasn't there). The worst part perhaps, beyond how uncomfortable we all were, was after the fact. No one would meet with us. I tried in person twice, via phone (was told they wouldn't talk via phone because it was dangerous for me while driving) and lastly several several times via email. Not only was I dismissed, they blamed my new wife and said she was unreasonable and wanted too much. This couldn't be father from true, but if they could not do what we wanted that should've been discussed instead of just over charged for. The entire operation they run for weddings is a fail.

2017-11-02T14:26:45 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Sheila R

I was appalled by the service at my daughters wedding on September 10, 2017! Please Please Please, if you are thinking about having your wedding here, think again! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! YOUR OWN BACKYARD OR EVEN FRONT YARD would be better than La Valencia Hotel!!! The staff... Read More lacked respect for the bride and groom, the wedding party and the guests. The staff was not helpful at all. They were HORRIBLE! I couldn’t get any water, the food was not what was ordered, the cake topper never got on the top of the cake, the donut wall was never refilled, the announcements were not clear and volume of microphones not turned up enough. DO NOT have YOUR WEDDING HERE! You will be greatly disappointed!!

2017-11-03T16:11:07 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Gina H

As a planner, I work with La Valencia very often, and I cannot say enough amazing things about this place. Bobby, who handles weddings + events, goes above and beyond for his couples. His banquet team is flawless, and the overall hotel staff is top notch. From hosting many... Read More destination weddings to just local couples choosing this as their fave spot, La V makes each experience the best for guests and patrons. I love working here, creating fabulous events with Bobby and his team. One of my faves for sure!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Amanda P

La Valencia ruined my Wedding Day. It seemed like a good idea because they do a lot of weddings and how can you go wrong with that view, but BRIDES BEWARE, this was the worst choice I've ever made. There are so many things I could tell you but I'll keep it simple and say... Read More there was NO WATER or AC at my wedding. On an 80 degree day, even though we PAID for water (right?) it was the great drought of La V. Guests could not get a drink of water anywhere, especially from the bartenders who gladly charged them $5 for a can of pop when they asked for water. Needless to say our bar tab hit our maximum unexpectedly quick. It all seemed like a scam to keep the room so hot and not have water. We also paid significantly more to have food stations but alas, it was a buffet. Wish we wouldn't paid the buffet price. The food was not only done wrong, it wasn't what we had in our tasting. Again it seemed like a scam. It was cold and scarce. Having paid the extra money and having sent Bobby exact photos of what I had in mind made it sting that much more. Since we had expected a food station, we put in our timeline our estimate for dinner but that was blown out of the water when people stood in line for an HOUR. That threw the rest of our wedding timeline so off that we had to skip many events. Even if we stayed longer, many people left due to the heat and thirst. So many other things which I'm happy to tell you if you'd like, but just to name a few: Children were given champagne mixed up with adults given apple juice the bartender refused to hand my mother a can of $5 soda at 8:30 saying they were "about to close up" even though we had paid them (27% gratuity might I add) until 9:30. They lost my bridesmaid's dress at the front desk. Bobby, the wedding planner wasn't even there. Literally did not come to the wedding. We requested umbrellas that were not put up and then they lied to the groom telling him that I told them to take them down and not tell him. But perhaps the last part is important, they completely dismissed us and refused to meet with us when we tried in person, on the phone and lastly via email. Just plain refused. They offered us $1,000 and were bluntly rude even calling me hard to deal with. I'm completely shocked and offended by the way this establishment was run. We felt like an afterthought, a Sunday wedding they didn't care about and because they have a nice place with an ocean view, customer service didn't matter at all. DO NOT HAVE YOUR EVENT HERE.

2017-11-03T16:11:25 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Christina C

This place is amazing!! From just the beauty of the hotel to the level of service, you can't go wrong with La V! The food is amazing!!! Bobby Fader is so sweet, charming, and goes above and beyond to make your wedding dreams come true. The ballroom is so elegant and the garden... Read More space overlooking the ocean was absolutely perfect. Thank you La V!!

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Chelsea J

Love love loved Bobby. He was such a kind person and make the whole booking experience great! I was really happy with my wedding here. It turned out beautifully and can't wait to come back here for 1 year anniversary!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Patty A

What a picture perfect wedding! My daughter was married at La Valencia in July, 2016 and it could not have been a more wonderful wedding! EVERYTHING - the food/bar, the venue, the staff - was PERFECT! All excelled to make this special event one in a million! Bobby Fader was... Read More a pure joy to work with - so professional and so kind - I highly recommend this venue and working with Bobby to anyone who is looking for a storybook wedding!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Katie R

The La Valencia is the quintessential San Diego wedding venue. Having grown up in San Diego but with a guest list of mostly East Coasters, I knew my fiancé and I needed a very “California” location with beautiful views of the ocean. The La Valencia fit this description and... Read More provided guests with a true vacation weekend. We loved that our guests would get to experience the multiple restaurants, pool, and unique rooms at the LV and be within walking distance of La Jolla village. For the actual wedding, we were excited to take advantage of the view and multiple restaurant/patio areas at the LV. One benefit we couldn’t of anticipated was how wonderful it was to plan a wedding here. Bobby, the Events Coordinator, is amazing and will make sure that your vision becomes reality. He was so helpful throughout the planning process and always willing to answer questions (and with a smile). He even offered us a beautiful suite for the wedding weekend that was perfect for me and my eight bridesmaids to get ready in. The rest of the LV staff was wonderful as well and really made us feel special during our stay. We can’t wait to go back for our one-year anniversary!

2016-08-31T14:50:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. It was great fun. We can't wait to see you on your anniversary. I hope New York is treating you well:)

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Erin H

If you want the wedding location of your dreams, look no further. It's a 'one stop shop' complete with ocean view, beautiful ceremony location, vintage ballroom, cocktail verandah and the food and drink is exquisite. Don't waste your time trying to manage a caterer, a bartender... Read More AND a venue. Everything you need is here. Our guests raved about every part of our day. If I had to do everything all over, I wouldn't change a single thing. A few perks are: There is a special bridal parlor for you and your bridesmaids to get ready in, you and your groom have the honeymoon suite for the night and at your one year anniversary, the hotel staff is amazing, and the event coordinator, Bobby Fader was perfect to work with. Everywhere we turned, we saw someone we loved, the beautiful ocean, fantastic service, amazing food, and awesome drink. If florals are a huge detail as you plan, keep in mind, your cost decreases just because the hotel and scenery are so perfect. I do not have a single negative to say, and if I had all the money in the world, I would get married there every weekend just for the flawless experience. Book it now, the dates go fast. Happy Planning!!

2016-08-31T14:52:03 Response from the vendor

I had such a great time working with you and meeting your friends and family. Thank you so much for the kind words. It truly was a pleasure. All my best, Bobby

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Nicole C

La Valencia was the perfect spot for our wedding. We had everyone coming from out of town and the location of La V is perfect. There is so much to do and see all in walking distance. La V itself is absolutely gorgeous and the views are unbeatable. My bridesmaids and I got to... Read More have our makeup done overlooking the ocean on a perfect sunny San Diego day. The food is phenomenal. We live nearby and love to go for brunch. We got so many compliments on the apps and the food. Bobby is AMAZING. He was so fun and easy to work with. He is the only part of wedding planning that isn't stressful. I literally can't say enough great things about Bobby and La V--- you'd be foolish to choose anywhere else once you've seen La V and met Bobby.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at La V in February 2016 and it was absolutely beautiful! From our venue appointment until we checked out of our room the day after our wedding, Bobby and his team treated us like the guests of honor at the hotel. The venue is already... Read More stunningly beautiful, it didn't require much decorating and our guests who traveled from all over the country couldn't stop talking about how perfect the venue was and how much fun they had staying there during their trip. Also, the service during the reception is definitely worth pointing out. All of our guests loved their food and there was never a line at the bar, perfect! Not only is Bobby very helpful and full of tips on how to plan your wedding at La V, but he is also a really cool guy and I enjoyed meeting him. Bottom line, this is a beautiful wedding venue and you can't beat the service! There is nothing better out there!!

2016-08-31T14:54:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you Vanessa for the very kind words and review. It was a pleasure being able to work with you and meet your friends and family. Don't forget to come back to us for your one year anniversary. We would love to see you again.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Carrie E

Perfection!!! From my first conversation with Bobby Fader in the sales department to the execution of our wedding the only word that comes to mind is, perfection! The La Valencia made our wedding planning so easy and enjoyable. The entire staff is so professional and it shows.... Read More Chef James and his crew are out of this world. Our guests could not stop raving about the food! Thank you to all of the La Valencia staff!! We can't wait to come back on our one year anniversary to celebrate. This hotel will forever have a special place in our hearts.

2016-05-06T11:55:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We loved working with you and your friends and family were amazing. You will always have a special place in our hearts as well. Best wishes, Bobby

Reviewed on 2/18/2016

We had our wedding at La Valencia in December of 2015 and are so happy we chose that location. The setting itself was beautiful and didn't require a lot of decor in my opinion (beyond the flowers for the reception and ceremony locations). The hotel was decorated beautifully... Read More for the holidays which was a bonus. Our guests loved the venue. On to the coordination- Bobby Fader was outstanding as the onsite coordinator from start to finish. He communicated all the crucial information right off the bat and was there to answer any questions we had along the way. Bobby runs a well oiled machine as everything was taken care of on time and to the best standards. During the weekend of the wedding and day-of everything went smoothly and Bobby was there to handle anything that came up. He popped his head in from time to time to check on us, which was comforting. He also made sure we had drinks in our hands prior to our reception entrance :) He's a gem. As for the food and drink, our guests loved it. I was pleased to see that the food that was served at the wedding was every bit as delicious as the food we received at the tasting. We selected the filet, swordfish and market vegetables and all were great. The wine selection was also wonderful. We used a few suggested vendors and that made the process really smooth (even for our vendors that weren't suggested, had no problems with access or setup). For our guests staying onsite and the wedding party, it was really convenient to have everything they needed right at the hotel or close by in downtown LJ. The rooms were great and we were definitely taken care of. Wouldn't change a thing- thank you Bobby and the La Valencia!

2016-02-18T13:09:16 Response from the vendor

thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was a honor being able to play a small part on such a wonderful day. I can't wait to see you on your one year anniversary! Best wishes....Bobby

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Allie W

The most amazing setting for both a ceremony and reception. Your pictures will top anything you have ever seen. You also do not have to go crazy with flowers because there landscaping provides a lot! Also, the food is incredible.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Vanessa E

Absolute dream venue! Had our wedding at La Valencia this September 2015. It was incredible. Service was impecable. Bobby the wedding coordinator is simply the best and a pleasure to work with. So glad we chose to have our wedding at the Pink Lady!

2015-10-05T12:22:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you Vanessa, It was such a pleasure being able to play a small part on your wedding day. Thank you for taking the time to write the nice review.

Meet with Bobby Fader and book your event now!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015

To Parents of the Bride - Without hesitation plan your event at La Valencia! My daughter's wedding was held on June 20, 2015 and it was absolutely incredible. La Valencia is a breathtaking location. The ceremony is set on a charming courtyard with the ocean as a background.... Read More The food and service is top of the line. My guests were raving, and calls came in after the event about how terrific the food tasted and the presentation. All of the appetizers had unique flavors, our crab cake starter was great and our entrees arrived hot, bountiful and visually very appetizing. We provided an option of fillet, shrimp with couscous and vegetarian. Everything was top quality. When selecting a high end hotel this is what you should expect and La Valencia completely succeeded. However the most important reason to select La Valencia is Bobby Fader, the catering manager! Bobby will make sure that the wedding experience exceeds your exceptions and that the bride stays happy! Bobby is beyond incredible; he genuinely cares about all the details. Bobby was always prompt at returning every call and email. We wanted an after party with smore's and craft beers - Bobby creatively found a classy and fun way to set this up. Working with Bobby this year is what would bring me back to La Valencia. He is gracious, responsible and your wedding will be of the utmost importance to him. I have planned many large scale events at high end hotels. This is the first time I have ever written a review - it is because of Bobby. Bobby is one-of-a-kind and he will make sure your event is magical.

2015-07-15T11:46:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a true pleasure working with you and thank you for challenging my creativity:) I can't take all the credit. I have a fantastic team that I work with and who allow me to have fun... Read Less Read More

La Valencia Hotel - Romantic Wedding

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Gabriella C

Our wedding was magical, romantic, and simply unforgettable! We truly believe the service, location, and ambiance made our wedding day feel like a dream. Our guests loves the beautiful crisp ocean view and air all thought the night!

2015-05-20T18:17:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you Gabriella and Roderick. It was wonderful having you both here (and Nova too :)). You were a wonderful couple to work with and it was a pleasure being part of your celebration. I look forward to seeing you on your one year anniversary.

La Valencia: magical venue with TOP KNOTCH staff

Reviewed on 3/23/2015

La Valencia is the most beautiful, breathtaking venue in San Diego. The amazing views, gorgeous setting and phenomenal food all helped to make it a beyond special day. But the ONE thing that made it PERFECT--Sales Manager Bobby Fader. He’s creative and kind. He has a knack... Read More for handling people. He's funny, organized beyond belief, classy and charming. He instills a certain confidence in the day. He’s a businessman. A good one. He handled our money as delicately as if it were your own. We trusted him, and were right in doing so. Bobby Fader made our day a magical celebration where every detail was perfect. The timeline, the vendors, my vision, my Mom's vision. There was not one thing I wanted that he didn't make happen. Does this review seem over the top? It's not. Brides--make an appointment. Tell him your vision and you will see exactly what I mean. ~The Haggerty's

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Jessica F

We had our wedding reception at the La Valencia Hotel in October and we could not have been more pleased with how it turned out! Bobby Fader, the sales and marketing manager, was an absolute delight to work with. We had several meetings with him throughout the year and he was... Read More always willing to make time for us. We also emailed countless times back and forth and he was always eager and prompt in returning our emails no matter how small the question. He is extremely polite and professional and we are so lucky to have had him assist us with everything. I don’t think we could have done something like this without him! The evening of our reception was absolutely perfect. The weather was magnificent. The view at the La Valencia Hotel overlooks the ocean. We had an outdoor setting with strung lights above. We had different catering stations with prime rib and a seafood bar that everyone could not get enough of! The food was outstanding. Bobby had recommended some really excellent vendors for us and they all provided outstanding service. The catering staff at the La Valencia is some of the best we have ever encountered. They were all attentive, friendly and would rush to get anything we needed. All of our guests keep raving about how wonderful the staff and the setting were and it was a night everyone will truly remember! The La Valencia Hotel is a unique spot in La Jolla and has the absolute perfect setting for a wedding/reception. The hotel staff is friendly and the rooms are beautiful. Bobby Fader and the La Valencia Staff provided us with the reception of our dreams and we will be forever grateful!