Bakersfield's Premier Bridal Salon

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion

124 Oak St, Bakersfield, CA

The Perfect Dress

Reviewed on 8/05/2014

Samantha and Laura helped me to find the perfect dress. I had liked the top of one dress and the bottom of another dress so I wasn't sure what dress to go with. After telling Samantha that I like pieces of two different dresses she pulled up a dress on the computer that actually... Read More had the top and bottom that I wanted! I was nervous to order it without trying it on but I trusted Laura and Samantha and I am so glad I did. The dress was perfect and exactly what I had in mind! The alterations department did a great job fitting the dress to my small frame. The dress fit like a glove! I also had a French bustle which can be complicated but the color coded ribbon made bustling a breeze! Ladies and Gents did an amazing job!

2014-11-10T16:30:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such nice words April! Please put some pictures up on our facebook page we would love that....Laura and Samantha

Wedding dress stress relief!

Reviewed on 10/17/2010 Allyson R

The staff at Ladies and Gents Bridal was absolutely amazing. When you think customer service is non existent, walk through the doors of this place and talk to one of the twins! What a great experience this was! They were all so helpful and so willing to accomodate me. The phrase... Read More I heard most was, "Whatever the bride wants!" Hello!! That is exactly what I wanted to hear. They stored my gown for me, offered to price match, steamed and pressed it for free when I came in after a bad day and spent every moment I was there telling me how beautiful of a bride I was going to be. My dress came in plenty ahead of schedule and they kept my clued in througout the waiting process. Thank you so much!!

Review for Ladies and Gents Bridal

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Korrine D

They have a wide selection of gowns and don't require an appointment!

Nothing disappointed me!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Jeriese P

Loved my dress. Was actually the first one I tried on, and after trying on several others, I went back to it. I bought it off the rack and the thing is, if you take it to get altered at their sister store, they give a free spot dry clean and a press. Something that saved me... Read More $200! This is only if you get it off the rack though. Pleased with the service. A gal named McKenna helped me and she was very pleasant and picked the dresses I wanted. She listened well and gave her opinion when asked.

BEWARE!!

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Heidi H

I loved my dress it was beautiful but after paying 2,000 dollars for my dress they charged me $450 for alterations. This is crazy considering my dress fit perfectly and the only this they had to do was put some bra cups in and bussels in the back. I THINK IT'S A RIP OFF!! Ladies... Read More and Gents does have beautiful dress but when it comes to alterations ladies RUN!!! Find someone else in town that does alterations!!

Bride

Reviewed on 4/14/2013 Kendall H

I loved this shop so much! I worked with twin sisters and they did a fabulous job! I had struggled with finding dresses all over the central valley area and looked at the online site and called Ladies and Gents Bridal. They told me what dresses they had that I liked and what... Read More sizes. The dress I really wanted to try on was a size 22 and I am a size 2 and they shop did a great job of making it work and explained how things would be different in my size. They were attentive, flexible, caring and detailed. I ended up choosing the design of the dress that was the size 22. When I ordered it in my size, it was perfect and I did not have to have many alterations.

A bit over priced!

Reviewed on 1/12/2013 Lisa J

After searching everywhere for a last minute wedding dress, and being told that it was too late to order, I found my dress here. It had just been placed in the sample rack so I was given a small discount. The dress was priced equivalently to other vendors if they could have... Read More provided the dress in time, however when getting the dress altered the prices just went over the roof! The alterations were simple: removing the lace to hem it shorter, and cutting the ends of a sash and sewing it on the dress! Almost payed a third of what the dress cost.

LOVE THEM!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2012 Linda S

The shop is amazing and I had a wonderful experience. My consultant Megan, who also has a twin that works there, was outstanding!! I only had my mother there for the first appointment to find my "yes" dress and I am a picky bride, def had those bridezilla moments.:) and... Read More throughout the experience, Megan kept the mood and the experience thriving. I understand the confusion for executing the particulars, if Megan was not my point of contact, then there was a bit of headache but they seemed to gather through that and made it a recommendable place.

A hidden gem!

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Alex G

Ladies and Gents offered amazing dresses at excellent prices. You get the small boutique feel without the costly pricing. I went there multiple times to get accessories and fittings and had a wonderful experience with staff and owner each visit. I would recommend this shop to... Read More any bride who wants the whole experience. Thank you for my dress!!

dreams do come true

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 Darcy l

The owner is amazing and the twins that work there make that shop great. They worked with me above and beyond my expectations. I used them for my wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses and a bachelorette Vegas dress. Love them!

ladies and gents

Reviewed on 7/29/2012 Whitney B

Overall, I would have to say that I do not recommend Ladies and Gents bridal shop for your wedding gown. I purchased mine there, along with my bridesmaid dresses. I was extremely happy with my dress, but not so much with the service. First, many of the consultants are simply not... Read More knowledgeable. One of them ordered my bridesmaid dresses in metallic pink (no, not kidding) instead of purple. I caught it on the receipt when I went home that night. Had I not, my girls would have pink dresses! The shop was very nice about fixing the error and allowed me to pick a dress in the correct color at a slightly discounted price, but that did not really make me feel better about such a ridiculous error. In terms of the bridesmaid dresses we ended up with, they took forever to ship. Meanwhile, I was trying to match the color and had NO swatch from the dress, because Ladies and Gents didn't have the swatches for this particular designer and year. They ordered a swatch and it was the wrong one (go figure). My alterations were through the roof, price wise. The price went up and up every appointment, and my bustle, that I was charged up the wazoo for, didn't even work on my wedding day (it didn't stay up for longer than 5 seconds). So, I had to change out of my dress for half the reception to dance. Another thing, the seamstress put a fish hook (?) on the back of my dress, which broke AT my fitting, and they charged me to replace it. The staff at Ladies and Gents do have good intentions, but they just execute them poorly. Pick another shop, avoid the headache, brides!!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Jennifer B

I loved going to Ladies and Gents for my dress. they were in my price range and very very helpful!

I would never buy anything from Ladies and Gents

Reviewed on 4/04/2012 Kaylee S

My experience with Ladies and Gents was horrible. My mom and I went in on a Saturday to see if they carried a particular dress for my bridesmaids. They were listed on the website as a vendor for a particular designer but did not carry their product. The girls working there were... Read More so rude. They were having a special that day on prom dresses and they told us it was not a good day for us to come in. They really made us feel like we were a major inconvenience. They never once asked me if I had a wedding dress yet or when my wedding was. At that time I did not have a dress and I had considered going there to purchase one there until I received their horrible customer service. My sister met us there to try on a couple of bridesmaids dresses that I pulled of the rack. They were so incredibly rude to her and her friend. They made her feel so unconformable that she only ended up trying on two dresses and we got out of there. There is really no where else in Bakersfield to go anymore besides Ladies and Gents and Davids Bridal so I ended up researching other shops out of town. I found one in Clovis, CA that we decided to go visit. It was the most amazing experience I could have ever asked for. A total 180 from the service I received at Ladies and Gents. It was well worth the 2 hour drive to be treated with respect and to feel like my wedding day was of importance. I have 10 friends getting married in the next year and I will be sharing my experiences to them. Bakersfield is a small town and word of mouth is very important to small businesses. Ladies and Gents should really take that into consideration. Since my experience I have heard many other brides who were not happy with them.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2/21/2012 Lexi W

I went into Ladies and Gents as my first time trying on wedding dresses. I was obviously a little nervous about the whole thing and a little nervous about the fact that they bring you dresses, you don't get to go look at them yourself but it turned out that the girl helping me... Read More knew better than I knew what I wanted and what I would feel and look good in. She brought out dress after dress that I never thought I would like but actually did. They made me feel comfortable and beautiful. They were not intimidating at all and gave my friends, family and I some privacy during it all. They weren't trying to be a huge part of picking out my dress, they left it up to me and my guests. I ended up ordering a dress that one of the ladies had picked out for me!!! I love it and cant wait to wear it on my big day!

2012-03-16T15:09:19 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that you let us help you find your dress for your big day. And thank you for your review, we really appreciate hearing from all of our happy brides.

Nice dresses, but all the same style.

Reviewed on 1/01/2012 Deseree S

This place has changed a lot in a year...the salon used to be open with dresses out on display that you could look at and select on your own. My best friend was married a year ago and I remember her getting free reign of the store. However, Ladies and Gents have now changed... Read More their system where all the dresses are in the back and your consultant will pull dresses based off the style you're looking for. This is a nice service and its obvious they are going with the 'upscale' salon trend. However, all the dresses my consultant pulled looked the same. I kept telling her I wanted something that wasn't so plain, but she kept bringing out the same styles with barely any difference. I could see she was getting pretty frustrated because I declined to try on the 10 dresses that she pulled, so I asked if my mother could go in the back since she knew what I was looking for. My consultant had no problem with my mom doing this. My mom came out 5 minutes later with a total of 3 dresses. I thought it was a start and there was more coming, but she told me this is ALL they had in the shape/style I was looking for. Every other dress was the same (strapless, mermaid/trumpet, side rouching, minimal embellishments/lace...this wasn't an issue of finding something in my size, they have a great variety of dresses size 0-plus). My mom made a comment about not having a lot of variety and another consultant made the comment that *my* style isn't popular anymore and what they have is what is 'in.' Needless to say we left. Would've loved to buy local, but with ABSOLUTELY NO variety I ended up finding my dress at Mon Amie in Costa Mesa.

They Picked My Dress and I said Yes:)

Reviewed on 7/08/2011 Cristina B

I found a beautiful dress at a very reasonable price. Megan one of the employees there actually picked it out for me. Dresses are priced very reasonable lots to select from. Everything else like veils and accessories kind of expensive. DO NOT get your dressed altered here or at... Read More the Bridal outlet. I did get my dressed pressed here also and it was so worth it:)

Satisfactory, but not Outstanding

Reviewed on 6/10/2011 Destini K

I order my dress in plenty of advance. They let me pay a 50% deposit, then the remainder once the dress came in, and then alterations in addition to that. I noticed later that more alterations could have done to make the dress fit my shape better, and I would have been more... Read More pleased.

okay dresses

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 Kristen B

I visited here on my second run for dresses. The quality of the dresses just did not seem high quality. I tried on about 20 dresses and just kept thinking and feeling the dress would not hold up. The girls that worked here were very helpful and nice.

Review for Ladies and Gents Bridal

Reviewed on 2/18/2009 Allison K

they carried Jim Hjelm. there seamstress made me a beautiful bolero jacket.;i wouldn't go back to them. they forgot to send my veil with me they aren't good at scheduling and are all very young girls working there.

TO Ladies and Gents Bridal