Lake Mohawk Country Club

Sparta, NJ

Book Your Wedding with Lake Mohawk Country Club

A BALLROOM IN SPARTA, NJ

The Grand Ballroom is strategically located to offer a beautiful view of the lake. Its interior design, high ceilings, hanging crystal chandeliers, palladium windows and adequate lighting blend to create a romantic setup. The Grand Ballroom can host up to 225 seated guests.

The Boardwalk allows the utilization of the expansive lake and distant tree lines as the backdrop of the wedding ceremony. Its soothing breeze, natural lighting and calmness generates an intimate ambiance ideal for exchanging vows. A ceremony at the boardwalk is easy to set up and decorate.

Lake Mohawk Country Club allows five hours of event time, excluding setup and cleanup times. Time extensions and setup fees are charged per person separately. In addition, the venue does not impose charges on wedding receptions. However, a guest count minimum is applied for all events. Lake Mohawk Country Club avails the necessary amenities, such as Chiavari chairs, tables, linen, glassware and full kitchen facilities.

The venue restricts the use of unapproved decorations, such as feathers, confetti, and birdseed. Other restrictions include indoor smoking, outside caterers, music after 2 a.m. and use of open flames.

Lake Mohawk Country Club is often flexible on event setup and start time. In this regard, early morning or late-night events can be arranged. On the other hand, the venue mandates all events to end by 2 a.m.

Liquor and bartender services are solely provided by Lake Mohawk Country Club. In this regard, couples are advised to make early arrangements for the provision of special brands of wine, premium liquor or signature cocktails. In addition, a complimentary champagne is provided as part of the wedding or reception package.

Additional amenities provided by Lake Mohawk Country Club include:

• Piano
  • Day on-site manager
  • Large parking lot

Beachfront Rustic Elegance

For a day of bliss, a gala celebration or a truly unforgettable special event, The Lake Mohawk Country Club is an unrivaled destination just forty-five minutes from New York City and centralized within the idyllic setting of Lake Mohawk.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Cruise, Historic Venue, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

21 The Boardwalk, Sparta, NJ (973) 729-6156

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Matija V

Blake, Amber and the whole team from the back of the house to the front of the house deserve more than 5 stars! My husband and I got married here on May 20th and planned it long distance from San Diego. The venue itself is absolutely breath taking. All of our guests, both... Read More local and distant, were amazed at it's beauty. Blake was accommodating to my flight schedule and any question I asked was answered with Yes or No Problem. The food, decor, staff, ... just everything was flawless. Our day ran so seamlessly and we couldn't have dreamt anything better. We were consistently checked in on to make sure we ate, had a drink, relaxed, danced, etc. There were no hiccups and it exceeded our expectations. The food was amaaaaazing! The cocktail hour blew us away and both proteins were cooked to perfection, a duet of salmon and flank steak. We're big foodies and were able to customize a few appetizers from family recipes. They nailed all of our requests. Not to mention the most adorable bridal suite with refreshments and whatever else we wanted. Blake promised me the day we met I would enjoy my wedding with no stress, from getting ready to leaving for the night... and she delivered. Thank you all so much for making our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Doris M

Blake and the ENTIRE Lake Mohawk Country Club team were just AMAZING. Every single detail was beyond perfect and the team was so involved and helped make our day truly special. Blake allowed us to create a special day, along with her expertise, that was flexible and... Read More accommodating with our needs and wants. The most amazing part of all was that they were willing to help and jump in ASAP if there were any issues. On the day of our wedding, our trolley broke down and was unable to take us to the church for our ceremony. Blake, and other staff members of LMCC actually gave us their car keys so that we could drive to the church ASAP and not miss our ceremony. THAT WAS AMAZING. I am not sure I have ever heard of any venue that would literally go that extra mile and do whatever it takes (literally) to make the day go smoothly. Thank you, Blake & the entire LMCC team for making our day so special. You guys were truly amazing!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Amanda C

We looked at a lot of venues before we decided on Lake Mohawk however I was sold the second we walked through the doors. Blake and Brendan were wonderful and easy to work with. The food was perfect and we received compliments from our guests throughout the night. The staff was... Read More wonderful and very attentive. The entire event truly went off without a hitch. The venue is beautiful allowing for a gorgeous indoor and outdoor space to accommodate all guests. I would have my wedding here again and again!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Maria S

Went to a wedding here recently as a guest. The outdoor boardwalk was lovely however the service of the last course left much to be desired. Specifically, they didn't serve the wedding cake until 15 minutes before the event was to officially end, at 1045 pm. This was 2 hours... Read More after dinner had ended and one hour after coffee had been served. So every one's coffee sat cold for an hour waiting for cake to arrive. This showed poor management and timing skills. People were hungry still and waiting for cake to arrive but it didn't until minutes before the wedding was to end. Didn't make any sense and poorly done.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Kayleigh W

We had our wedding here on Friday July 21st and it couldn't have been more beautiful. Ashley was incredible and such a great person to have on my big day. She helped with my dress and always made sure we had drinks in our hands. The setting is beautiful and the venue played such... Read More a huge part!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Tara C

Our wedding at LMCC a few weeks ago couldn't have been more perfect. From the day we walked onto the property, we knew this was the place for us. We admittedly had a bit of trouble with communication with the catering manager, and she actually unexpectedly left the venue 2 weeks... Read More before our wedding which threw me into a bit of a panic. Luckily, the maitre'd, Amber, went above and beyond to make sure this didn't have any effect on our day. Everything was perfect from start to finish, the food was great, and our guests couldn't stop asking how we found the venue. The ability to customize a lot of parts of our wedding made it feel like it was really "ours" and not just another cookie cutter wedding. LMCC also gets bonus points for the HUGE bridal suite (seriously, it's massive) that we had use of the entire day of our wedding. Getting ready while overlooking the lake was one of my favorite parts of the day. Thanks again, Amber and the whole team at LMCC for making our day absolutely amazing!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Michelle P

We LOVED our wedding at Lake Mohawk Country Club. It couldn't have gone any better! The day was beautiful so we had our ceremony on the beach, cocktail on the boardwalk, and reception in the ballroom. Our guests were raving about the venue. I mean, who wouldn't want to spend a... Read More beautiful day on a lake?! We knew that LMCC was the place for us right when we walked in. We checked out several other venues and fell in love with this one. Even my fiancé was giving thumbs up all around as we were touring it. The pictures on The Knot are dated. LMCC has had some nice updates since those were posted, so I definitely recommend checking it out!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Nicolina G

Wow- that is all I, as well as my guests can say about Blake and her team at Lake Mohawk Country Club. My husband and I got married in September and could not have been happier with our special day- it exceeded our expectations!! Months leading up to the day, Blake was amazing... Read More at making me feel at ease- she always responded quickly to my mannnnny questions via email and made time for my husband and I when we were in the area to see the venue- they had recently renovated the ballroom throughout the year and it looks amazing!! The day of the wedding could not have been more perfect. Blake and Brendan were so helpful and really helped us feel so relaxed. I did not have a wedding planner or florist or anything to help with the set up and thought that I was going to have to do so much of the decorating myself the day of the wedding. Blake's team set up EVERYTHING for me exactly the way that I wanted it for the reception and the ceremony- I didn't have to worry about a thing! We were married on the beach at sunset which was seriously more beautiful than I could have imagined. Unfortunately, the ceremony was postponed almost an hour as our officiant and many of our guests were stuck in traffic because of an accident. Blake and Brendan were so accommodating and extended our reception time an additional hour to make up for our time that was lost. I am forever grateful to them for doing this!!! I was in absolute shock and tears the entire evening because of how beautifully rustic and romantic the venue was. It was beyond what I dreamed. The food at cocktail hour was AMAZING!! I can't even stress this!! As most brides will find out, you either miss the cocktail hour because you are taking pictures, or because you are busy greeting/thanking guests. When we went to the bridal suite (which is also awesome and is a tower that overlooks the lake) to prepare for the reception, Blake's team provided a huge spread of the hors d'oeuvres that we had missed!! I am still getting so many compliments from my friends and family about how beautiful this venue was/is, how delicious the food was, and how AWESOME the staff is! Blake's waiters were so personable and interacted with my guests by wearing our photo booth props and dancing around the tables!! I was so sad for the night to end and the next day when I went to pick up the rest of our decor, Blake was there to say goodbye to us- it was emotional for both of us!! To have someone like Blake throughout this wonderful part of our life was so comforting. She is so passionate, personable, and caring which honestly sold me on this venue, other than its beauty. I knew from our first meeting that we would be in wonderful hands!! I could go on and on about how great it was!!! We love Lake Mohawk and cannot wait to visit again for dinner!! This is a hidden gem! Thank you Blake, Brendan and the team for making our day so perfect!!

2017-01-04T12:48:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazingly kind words, once again bringing me to tears. I hope you and Matt had a wonderful holiday season together as a newly married couple. We look forward to seeing you soon! Blake

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Allison J

We got married at Lake Mohawk Country Club in late October, and it was absolutely wonderful! I am giving them 5 stars on the strength of their day of execution but there was a little bit of stress getting to that point. The great: The staff, servers, our point-people, were all... Read More amazing the day of the ceremony. We felt so well taken care of. They did an amazing job setting up our decorations. The food was good at the tasting but was 100x better the day of! The not so great: Communication was a bit spotty leading up to the event. We would send emails with multiple questions and get responses with only our first question answered. They were always prompt to reply but not getting complete responses caused a little stress and worry (honestly it made me have less confidence in how things would go on the day of). Another little thing that would have helped would have been sending us the number for our balance due at the final payment--we went off our calculations and had to cut an extra check for tax and linens (we got fancier ones through them). We could have contacted them I guess, but when you are in crunch time juggling a million details a proactive notice would have been appreciated! In the end I was thrilled with everything and would recommend to any couples. Just with the warning that you might have to work a little harder to get the answers you need. The view and the venue is worth it though!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Jackie S

Choosing to have our wedding at Lake Mohawk Country Club was by far the best decision we made throughout our entire wedding planning process. I found this venue by luck. I hadn’t heard of Lake Mohawk, and I was checking it out in a whim with a friend, so I wasn’t expecting... Read More much. As soon as I walked in, I knew immediately that my search was over. Walking in the door it looks like every other wedding venue. A room to the right, staircase going up. Once you’re up that staircase, it becomes something else. When you get upstairs, you enter a beautiful, dark wood room with a bar. From there, you have three options: you can go forward to the boardwalk, to the left to the bridal tower, or to the right into the ballroom. I’ll start with the bridal tower. The bridal tower is a two-floor suite. The first floor is a big air conditioned (this was important for our August wedding) room with views of the lake. There’s a big table in the middle where everyone can gather, and multiple spots where your makeup artist or hair dresser can set up. There’s also a private bathroom, which I used throughout the entire wedding. There’s an option to have lunch served to everyone, which I would highly recommend because it’s both delicious and very much needed with the craziness of the day. We got married on the boardwalk overlooking the lake, and it was absolutely beautiful. The ballroom. Nothing compares to this ballroom. I had been there multiple times while preparing for the wedding, and I was blown away by how incredible this room was when it was set up. The high ceilings, the view of the lake through that big window, how perfectly the staff spaced everything out was beyond what I had expected. Finally, and the main reason that I will recommend this venue to anyone that I know without a second thought, are the people who made the night happen. Blake and Brandon made sure that everything went perfectly. They will be there for you from the second you walk in the door to look at the venue until you’re in your honeymoon suite after it’s all done. Their staff was incredible. A woman, whose name escapes me but I wish I could remember, literally helped me staple my wedding dress to itself (the bustle failed) so that I could dance without tripping. Every bartender working knew my name and what I was drinking, and had a drink ready for me before I made it to the bar. I have never felt more cared for in my life, and I danced the night away without a worry. Looking back, I wouldn’t change a single thing about my wedding. My husband and I had the time of our lives, and I will always be grateful to Lake Mohawk for making such an important day go so smoothly. To any future bride & grooms, you won’t be disappointed. Cheers!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Gianna L

This venue is absolutely beautiful and I had an amazing wedding there. The loss of a star is due to poor communication with the catering manager, Blake. She was actually quite impossible to work with. I never actually met her, and she wouldn't return some of my emails or any of... Read More my phone calls. Luckily, another manager there helped me tie up all the loose ends about a week before my wedding. The day ended up going great regardless though!

Reviewed on 2/20/2016 Sarah C

Wow! We were so impressed with LMCC! Blake and her team were amazing and made our planning process a piece of cake! They were so flexible and accommodating, no matter what we asked of them. Our wedding was in November so we had no idea what the weather was going to bring but the... Read More country club was ready for anything. We absolutely loved how this venue had both indoor and outdoor accommodations. The tents and heaters outside allowed our guests to watch the sunset while enjoying the amazing happy hour. The food was excellent and the servers were wonderful! From the adorable bridal suite, to the incredible sunset views over the lake, this venue is such a hidden gem!

Fall Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Ana A

I was looking for an outside ceremony and LMCC has 2 options to have which I loved! (beach or boardwalk). Everyone loved the food and the atmosphere. Thank you Blake for all your help! All the staff was very helpful throughout the day! I would recommend to any one I know.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Diana S

As soon as we saw this venue my husband and I knew we would be married here. It was exactly what we both wanted/dreamed of for a perfect wedding. As a bride, of course I had a million questions for the banquet manager, Blake, on a weekly basis. Her response time was not as... Read More quick as I would have liked, but her assistant, Tara, stepped up to the plate and answered me in a very timely manner. Blake would eventually answer, but sometimes would take her days. Yes, I could have called her, but working 40 hours a week it was much easier to e-mail as the questions popped into my head. Fast forward to rehearsal and the big day!!- The rehearsal was a bit unorganized and the banquet manager, Brendan, seemed quite flustered. I thought maybe it was my fault as I am a bit on the hyper side, but being the bride he should have made this much smoother for me. Rain was foretasted for the big day, but I was having the ceremony outside no matter WHAT!! I do have to say Brendan made this possible. Although it rained the second my husband got to his spot on the beach, Brendan quickly moved all our guests under a covered gazebo so I still go to have my ceremony outside. Props to him for that! Otherwise it was very unorganized. I was a little disappointed in the cocktail hour as were some of my guests. We added 3 stations along with the standard 8 platted h' orderves. I feel like the h' orderves were not being passed around fast enough and half of the wedding did not realize that I had added extra stations of hot food. The servers should have been proactive and let my guests know of the added stations. If you plan on getting married here adding stations is a MUST and please advise the servers to tell the guests!!! The cocktail hour is very skimpy without all the added extras. Venue was GORGEOUS!!!! Service could have been MUCH better- very unorganized-Disappointed with that. Dinner was just OK. I picked this place for the scenery and location and that is pretty much all I got!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Diana S

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Amanda M

If you are looking for a unique and not so typical venue to have an event, LMCC is the perfect place. My husband and I fell in love with it the moment we walked in. It was our one and only venue we looked at for our wedding. Blake and Brendan were awesome to work with and made... Read More the entire wedding planning process a breeze! Our guests could not stop talking about the beautiful setting and yummy food. Wish we could do our day over and over again :)

Great Value!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Meghan M

We would definitely recommend LMCC for your upcoming wedding. The actual day of the wedding went off flawlessly and we got so much positive feedback about how beautiful the location was. The cocktail hour food is really varied and there is plenty of food for your guests. Our... Read More guests told us that the bartenders were great as well. In addition, the staff are really knowledgeable about how the whole night will run so you don't need to worry much about coordinating vendors and getting a same-day coordinator. The cost for what you get is pretty amazing considering how expensive some other (much less pretty) venues are in the relative geographic region of LMCC. We paid about $120/person including service and tax (I am providing that because it was frustrating that no one listed price during planning!). One thing is that my husband and I are very quick email responders and we were not prepared for how long we would have to wait for responses from the staff at LMCC. But hopefully as staffing changes end they will be better about email response! They also just renovated the whole entrance way and the ballroom so it looks even better now than when we initially saw it. Definitely recommended regardless - our pictures are beautiful! Thanks LMCC!

LMCC is AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Jenn D

Blake and her crew are beyond amazing. We had the wedding of our dreams this past September and left with the only complaint being the night went by to fast. I would highly recommend LMCC for any event or just a beautiful dinner on the lake.

2015-11-24T12:20:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jen for your kind words. You and Jay were so much fun to work with. I cant wait until next year when you come back for your anniversary...if not sooner. =)

Perfect day

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 april f

LMCC was beautiful and flawless the day of our wedding. Everything was coordinated with ease leading up the day and executed perfectly the day of. All the little details were taken care. We had access to the bridal tower all day leading up to the ceremony. You cannot ask for... Read More a more beautiful backdrop than Lake Mohawk. The food was phenomenal. Thank you Brendan for all your work making our wedding day perfect. We will cherish our memories forever.

2014-10-21T11:25:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you, April! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, hoping to see you again soon! -The LMCC Team

Married on a picturesque lake!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Kimberly C

was great working with Blake and Brendan through the long process of planning our wedding! They were both super helpful, responsive, and full of awesome ideas. The day of our wedding Brendan and Amber ran things so smoothly, everything was perfect. All of our guests raved about... Read More the food, the decor, and of course, the beautiful lake view! We honestly, can't say enough good things about this venue.

2014-10-21T11:27:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kim! Your words mean a lot, we are ecstatic we were chosen to be a part of this monumental event in your lives. Best of luck and we hope to see you soon! -The LMCC Team

My dream wedding at LMCC

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Meg B

My wedding this past weekend at the Lake Mohawk Country Club was an absolute dream come true! The entire staff was amazing and it turned out better then I could have ever imagined. I have not stopped hearing compliments from friends & family about how perfect the venue was!

2014-10-17T13:29:53 Response from the vendor

Megan, We are so glad you enjoyed your big day, and we are honored that you chose us to be part of it! Go enjoy the newlywed life! Best of luck, we look forward to seeing you again! Best, The LMCC Team

Nautical Wedding at Lake Mohawk

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Mariana O

It was an absolute pleasure to work with the LMCC team. They were incredibly professional, helpful, friendly, kind, and very knowledgable when it comes to wedding timelines. I feel like I reached out to them with hundreds of questions every week and they were happy to respond... Read More with a smile. On my wedding day everything ran so smoothly I don't know what I would've done without them. You guys made me feel so important and made my day so wonderful. Thank you so much, LMCC!!

2014-10-16T14:04:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Your words mean a lot, we really love making our brides happy! We had such a great time working with you and your guests. Your beach ceremony turned out wonderfully and we can't wait to have you back for future events! Best of... Read Less Read More

Perfect Wedding at the Lake Mohawk Country Club

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Katherine P

Growing up in Sparta, I had been to other events at the country club, but I had never been to a wedding there until my own. Everything went so perfectly. Before the day even came, Brendan was so amazingly helpful and patient with our requests and concerns. The day of the... Read More wedding, there was a boat show on the lake. I was so nervous that there would be noise during the ceremony. There wasn't any, until a loud cheering after the ceremony was done (which we permitted). The staff made sure that our ceremony was just as intimate and calm as we hoped it would be on the boardwalk. The service was wonderful. Everyone was so attentive and helpful. Again, Brendan was so excellent during the wedding. Everything went so smoothly. The food was so delicious and praised by everyone at the wedding. The room looked so beautiful with the lighting, flowers, and candles. The boardwalk held the perfect cocktail hour and dessert hour. They make it look so beautiful with the candles. It's a perfect place to have a wedding for the indoors and outdoors. Our guests were able to dance all night or enjoy cigars on the boardwalk. It provided so much space for people. We would recommend this venue for any major event, not only a wedding!

Perfect day!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Kathleen D

We had the perfect day on our wedding day! Everyone was very helpful and accommodating on our day! Couldn't have asked for anything more! Thanks again!

Beautiful venue, great food, professional service

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Stefanie K

I can't say enough great things about our experience with Lake Mohawk Country Club. On our wedding day, everything went absolutely perfect! The bridesmaids and I had a great bridal suite/tower in which to get ready early in the day. From the moment we arrived, Brendan made sure... Read More we had everything we needed. He constantly checked in with me to ask if I needed anything. When I did, he took care of everything immediately. As soon as we got there, we had nothing more to worry about and were able to enjoy the day. Our ceremony was held on the beach which was just breathtaking. Our cocktail hour was outside on the boardwalk and fantastic; people couldn't stop talking about the food and how great the bartenders were. The reception was fantastic with a great dinner buffet which they allowed us to really make unique to my husband's and my taste. Brendan also suggested we have our dessert buffet out on the boardwalk, which was a great suggestion and the guests loved it! The desserts were incredible! Definitely worth the upgrade to the Viennese display. After everything, the staff helped us pack up, and again, were willing to assist us with anything we needed. Overall, it was a great experience. Our only criticism would be that during the planning process it was often very difficult to get in touch with the manager to discuss our concerns - expect for it to sometimes take several days (or sometimes even a week) before she returns your calls. As it turned out, we had nothing to worry about as everything was in very capable hands, but it would have been a little better if they had communicated a little more quickly. Otherwise, AMAZING experience!