Dietary Options

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

1972 Four Oaks Drive, Commerce Township, MI (248) 366-4981

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Tina P

One of our favorite parts of our wedding experience was the cake testing from Lakes Cakes!! Their cakes and fillings were super delicious and our final cake did not disappoint! I sent pictures of a simple designed cake I wanted and had to provide the fresh roses for them to... Read More design the day of and they did an absolutely perfect job!! We had a ton of compliments on the strawberry cake, which was my personal favorite!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Samantha P

Our wedding was 2/4/2017 and Lakes Cakes made our cake.. Let's start with the prices..they were the lowest I found and she did the exact design I wanted and added the topper which was handmade. The cake was SO Delicious!! Probably the Best cake I've ever had.. and to top it off... Read More it was so BEAUTIFUL 😍 I can't wait to use Lakes Cakes in the future !!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Kimberly H

We had a 3-tier, square buttercream cake and it was both beautifully decorated and delicious! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the confetti cake with buttercream, yellow cake with strawberry mousse, and chocolate with chocolate mousse combinations. Heidi did a wonderful job and... Read More was very easy to work with. She took our design ideas and created a beautiful cake! I would highly recommend!

DELISH and BEAUTIFUL Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Amy C

My (now) husband and I wanted something unique and special for our wedding day dessert. We decided to get an assortment of cupcakes to please all palates. We found Lakes Cakes on The Knot and set up a tasting with Heidi, owner and chef. Our cake tasting was BY FAR our favorite... Read More wedding planning event. We loved every cake and filling combo we tried and booked them within the week of our appointment.. which was roughly one and a half years before our wedding. Clearly we were excited! We decided on 9-10 different flavors of cupcakes for our wedding with ~200 guests and also got a small cake to cut for ourselves. (We highly recommend the coconut cake with coconut cream filling...). Everyone LOVED the sweets! And we loved the few leftovers. I also worked with Heidi to surprise my husband with a groom's cake. I sent her pictures of our speed boat, our dog and my husband and I, and she created a boat cake with my husband, myself and our dog in it! My husband was SHOCKED and it was a hit with our guests. We had a fabulous experience with Lakes Cakes. They are extremely professional, sincere, cooperative, personal and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Great cakes!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Monica M

I was really excited to work with Lakes Cakes. They seemed like the best choice for what I was looking for. The end product looked beautiful and exactly as I had wanted it to look. It matched my wedding dΓ©cor perfectly. The only concerns I have is the owner who I communicated... Read More with regarding all transactions and issues was not the most friendly and could use a class in customer service. At times he talked to me like I was 5 years old. In the end they ended up making a mistake with my cake and he never once apologized or tried to make it right. I was very disappointed in the way he handled it. But his wife did then step in and handled the situation/issue perfectly which I appreciated.

Dairy-Free Deliciousness

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Shannon P

My two sisters had used this company for their weddings over the last 5 years and they highly recommended them. They had a wide selection and everything was delicious. We got to take home samples of every kind and the choice was difficult because everything was so good! I have a... Read More dairy allergy and they made an entire tier for me, free of extra charge and my husband said he would have never known it was not dairy!! They were very accomodating and professional. I would highly recommend them to any bride/groom, especially if they have a dairy or gluten allergy.

Fall Cupcakes and a Tardis

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Betsy H

Lakes cakes was great! Our cupcakes were a hit. We also had a grooms cake made of the Tardis from Dr. Who. Everything was beautiful! We chose spice cake with buttercream with an accent of orange and cinnamon on top. I highly recommend Lakes Cakes. If you are on a budget they... Read More will work with you!

Perfect cake

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Val T

I absolutely loved my wedding cake. I designed it myself and Lakes Cakes made it exactly how I envisioned it.All my guests said the cake was delicious. They also did football cookie favors for me, and they were awesome. They were wonderful and I highly recommend them.

Great job!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Shayla C

Lakes Cakes did a great job on my wedding cake. It turned out just like the photo that I showed them & tasted great.

Awesome look and taste!

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Claire H

I absolutely loved my wedding cake. I already knew it was going to taste amazing because I went to an initial tasting and my sister ordered a custom cake from Lakes Cakes for my bridal shower. My guests were equally impressed. I had guests get extra servings. I had a 4 tiered... Read More cake with different flavors as well as 2 additional sheet cakes that were also different flavors. I communicated my vision via email and when I saw my cake on my wedding day it wad exactly as I had imagined. I can't wait to order a one year anniversary cake.

Delicious and Very Presentable :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Lindsay R

We loved our cake and we loved the company. This is a small company and the initial meeting was in the owners home. Lakes Cakes is great for the cost, we were able to have a different flavor for each tier of our cake as well as different flavors for our sheet cakes. I thought... Read More the price was very reasonable. I provided them with ribbon and directions on how I wanted the ribbon, the day of the wedding the cake looked exactly as I imagined. I overpaid accidentally and they were honest about it, called me up and sent me a check back the very next day. For a small company, they did a wonderful job. The cake was delicious, moist, and we had a ton of compliments on it.

Good Experience with Lakes Cakes

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Danese J

The cake was beautiful, delicious, and an incredible value. Lakes Cakes was very prompt with returning phone calls and responding to emails. They weren't always super friendly, but always professional and deserve a strong recommendation.

Delicious and beautiful cake!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Kelly

Service was great, the cake was delicious and absolutely stunning and the best part is that they do not nickel and dime you. They have been in the business for a long time and have hundreds and hundreds of photos of cakes they have done. The prices are unbeatable as well! We... Read More were very happy with our selection :)

Awesome

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Ashley B

There isn't much I can say that other reviewers haven't already. Heidi did our wedding cake for our July 27, 2013 wedding. It was beautiful, looked just like the picture I sent her, and it was absolutely delicious. We got tons of compliments on how good the cake was. Heidi told... Read More us at our cake tasting that she was invited to go on Cupcake Wars (I think that was the show) but declined because she is so committed to her wedding cake business and didn't want to take a month off. You will not be disappointed if you order your wedding cake here.

Beautiful and delicious

Reviewed on 7/04/2013 Kate K

This bakery is super easy to work with. Very easy to contact and communicate with. Reliable and friendly. Their prices are phenomenal and their cakes are beautiful and super tasty! They offer a lot of flavor options and mousse combos. They totally customize your cake. Their... Read More buttercream is so smooth that you think it is fondant. You will not be disappointed!

Best Wedding Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Lynne M

Lakes Cakes did a phenomenal job on our wedding cake! Their flavors and fillings are delicious and tasted so much richer than other cake vendors we sampled. When designing the cake, I sent Heidi a picture of what I wanted the cake to look like and photos of my dress. She said... Read More that was no problem and would match the cake to the best of her abilities. The cake looked absolutely gorgeous when I saw it on my wedding day and exceeded my expectations. We are still getting compliments on it more than a month after our wedding! Definitely recommend Lakes Cakes!

Best cake of all that we tasted

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Jessica H

We tested around, but this cake was by far the most delicious! It's also the best priced cake we saw anywhere. We loved it so much that my mom made us buy her birthday cake from there less than a month after the wedding!

Thank You for the Amazing Vegan Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Lucy A

Lakes Cakes did a fantastic job for our wedding. Not only was the design gorgeous, but the cake was first and foremost DELICIOUS! They were able to craft a tiered cake to our specifications, with each layer a different flavor. The coolest part for us is that they were able to... Read More make it 100% vegan! Not many companies can do that, especially not for the completely reasonable price they requested. They were prompt on their delivery and completely professional from start to finish. Our cake was definitely one of the most frequently photographed / talked about parts of the evening (especially amongst guests who were new to the concept of veganism). I cannot recommend them strongly enough. They were simply amazing.

Love Heidi's Work

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Cyndi E

I absolutely loved the cake! We went to several different cake places to price cakes out and Lakes Cakes were the best. We got to try all the different flavors and mix and match. My cake ended up being amazing, my mom loved it so much as mentioned she will be recommending her... Read More to everyone, as will I.

AMAZING CAKE

Reviewed on 2/07/2013 Amanda o

Our wedding cake was amazing, From the first sight of our 4 Tier cake, to the wonderful taste and moistness, to the creamy frosting. I am still getting compliments on our wedding cake and all the wonderful flavors, there were even people splitting and sharing just so they could... Read More try the next tier. Everything about Lakes Cakes from the first meeting and tasting to the final set up was perfect. We also used them for our shower cake for a wedding dress cupcake design... LOVE

Best looking and tasting cake ever

Reviewed on 1/09/2013 Angela S

Lakes Cakes nailed my wedding cake! I had a very elegant, victorian themed wedding, and Lakes Cakes made my cake better than I ever expected. They were such a pleasure to work with. They let you taste different flavors, and at the end of the tasting, they did not pressure you... Read More into picking them, which was so nice. They allowed you to take your time in deciding. Well, we ended up going with them: 1) because they were such a pleasure to work with, 2) they had the best tasting cake, 3) they had such a variety of flavors to choose from, 4) their ability in cake design in phenomenal. I highly recommend Lakes Cakes.

Delicious

Reviewed on 12/23/2012 AMANDA W

Lakes Cakes did a fantastic job on our wedding cake. So much in fact, that we have used them for multiple parties and other events in our lives. Delicious, well priced and beautiful designs. We love Lakes Cakes!

Deeeelicious and beautiful cakes!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Emily S

I chose Lakes Cakes for not only the wonderful value, but for the wonderful taste and beautiful design work Heidi puts into it. We had a beautiful wedding cake and grooms cake. Her sheet cakes are torte style, and the mousse options are amazing! I recommend Lakes Cakes to... Read More everyone!

So GOOD!!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Holly L

I have nothing but positive things to say about Heidi. She made an absolutely killer cake for me. I gave her a few ideas of what I wanted and she came up with some fantastic-tasting samples and the rest is history. She completely listened to what I had envisioned and created... Read More a masterpiece for which I received numerous compliments. The venue tried to keep our leftovers, but thanks to my mom's perserverence I have a freezer full of tasty leftovers :) Red velvet, chocolate/raspberry, mint chocolate, spice cake, and strawberry/lemon batters... it was awesome. Every tier and sheet cake was a different flavor and she had so many to choose from and was very reasonable in price. Highly recommend.

Mmm!

Reviewed on 9/14/2012 Toni D

Our cake turned out great!! Lakes Cakes had nice pricing and their cake is delicious! They are very flexible with design and will make your cake however you dream it to be! Our cake looked just like we had wanted and it was delivered on time and set up beautifully in the... Read More reception hall. Cannot wait until our first anniversary to have more!!