The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Centrally located in Mentor, Ohio, LaMalfa's 75,000-square-foot event facility has been a premiere location for wedding ceremonies and receptions for almost four decades. The company offers a full-service package including professional event planning, hosting and coordination with preferred vendors. LaMalfa is committed to hosting the best events for a diverse community, offering specialized venues and services for Jewish, Greek, Middle Eastern, Russian and Croatian wedding ceremonies.

LaMalfa's renovated 1,000-square-foot chapel is a prime venue for beautiful wedding ceremonies. Around 250 guests will be seated on rich mahogany chairs to the dulcet tones of a baby grand piano played by a talented in-house pianist throughout the ceremony. The traditional alter is gorgeously framed by twin grand staircases for the wedding party, which are decorated with brilliant white satin. A classic cathedral ceiling adorned with a twinkling canopy of lights overlooks the ceremony. Couples tie the knot bathed in warm natural light filtered through a sleek open glass wall and skylight, the ideal background glow for first-look photography. The bride walks down an aisle elegantly decorated with silk rose petals, a white aisle runner and neutral minimalist decor.

Four classic ballroom venues are available, with plush lounge seating for up to 1,500 guests. Each comes fitted with a glamorous chandelier, monogrammed dance floor, entertainment stage and 30 foot full service bar.

LaMalfa's experienced team is on call to assist with personalizing a truly unique event, including creatively customized seating plans, a stunning white decor aesthetic and more than 150 additional features and enhancements. The full-service reception package includes catering from the venue's gourmet kitchen, including a custom wedding cake and decadent dishes, like filet mignon.

The wedding ceremony package includes use of a bridal dressing room for two hours before the ceremony and a one-hour wedding rehearsal in the chapel. Unfortunately, leftover event food cannot be taken home. The venue is fully handicap accessible. Onsite accommodation is available for guests at the adjoining Holiday Inn Express hotel.

Fog machines, pyrotechnics, sparklers or incendiary devices of any kind are not permitted for use. Candles may be used, but must be carefully contained. LaMalfa does not provide any centerpieces or floral decorations and will not assist in the set up or removal of these items.

• Cutting edge event planning techniques (for example, communal seating or two ballroom split)
  • Exclusive rehearsal dinner package available
  • Correspondence with high-quality preferred vendors
  • Specialized options for religious or cultural preferences
  • Complimentary decor options including up lighting, chair covers and sashes

Committed to Excellence

LaMalfa has been recognized as a premier event planner in Northeast Ohio for 50 years! Continually changing with the times, we are able to provide each bride & groom with their wedding day vision come true. From traditional to modern and rustic to chic, we are here to make your dreams a reality.

Ballroom, Hotel

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2008 09

5783 Heisley Road, Mentor, OH (440) 357-9333

Wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 2/13/2014 Erin A

This center made my reception beautiful! They made wedding planning really easy, and gave me a great wedding planner to work with. I was working from out of state, and they were really helpful. I got the least expensive package and it was still wonderful. It did seem in the... Read More moment that some things that were promised were not carried out at the reception, but in the wedding moment I did not notice until after and realized that things like, announcing certain things and cutting the cake were not taken care of. Which made me a little sad. They took the food away before I was finished, I wish that would have been out longer. Mr. LaMalfa was fantastic to work with. The decorations were great. Food was fantastic! We had a non-alcoholic wedding and they had an open "soda bar" which was wonderful. I felt truly special,the staff was so so so nice! It was a wonderful night and I could not have asked for a better night. There was a bridal room to get ready in, and we got discounts on the hotel. Just you should have your wedding here, you will not be disappointed :)

Fantastic Venue

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Kari L

LaMalfa had a gorgeously decorated room all ready for us. They were easy to work with and flexible to our needs.

Jen Cauwenbergh

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Jen F

They did an outstanding job for our wedding. We had our ceremony plus our reception at the location. Very professional. The setting was beautiful. Everything worked out so smooth. During the planning process I worked with Jessica the assistant and she made sure all my requests... Read More were taken care of. Mr. LaMalfa was there was us the whole time during the ceremony even helping to fix my dress!! He helped the ceremony to go smooth. My only complaint was my request to walk down the aisle to Canon in D did not happen. There was a pianist that took care of the music for the ceremony, so maybe it was their fault. But it still was beautiful. The reception site was fabulous! It was just as I imagined. The food was out of this world. The appetizers was amazing!!I would recommend this place for everyone.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lindsey J

LaMalfa was absolutely amazing!!!! They made all of the dreams I had for my wedding come true and then some. From the get go they were beyond accommodating. They worked with us on our guest minimum and also have a discount for a Friday wedding which was so helpful. They truly... Read More listen to your requests and do anything and everything to make your wishes come true. The packages they offer are spectacular because it allowed me to not have to worry about the food, bar, ceremony location, or general ambiance. They also have several enhancements that can be added on for that extra something special. The day of the wedding of course is always nerve racking but the ballroom captain, Greg, was amazing. He kept things on track and made sure everything was pulled off flawlessly. The food was amazing and the room looked stunning. I cannot give the staff at LaMalfa enough praise for helping me create my perfect wedding! Thank you all so much!!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Jennifer C

What a wonderful night! The staff at LaMalfa is top notch... and come hungry. The food was amazing and there was more than enough goodies to snack on all night long. My brother was married there and our wedding was just as amazing as his was!

Overall great experience

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Hallie L

This vendor was great in assisting with all of the planning and execution of the reception side of the wedding including alcohol, appetizers, desserts, and candy bar. The only issues we experienced on the day of the wedding was not having the type of beer we had requested. They... Read More did go out and by a few cases for the bridal party however was disappointed that this detail was missed. However, overall the reception was decorated and executed beautifully. I would recommend to someone looking for a good place to have an amazing reception.

exceptional service

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 sam d

The staff here is exceptional. They take care of any need or question you may have and really know what they are doing. I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants a quality, worry free venue for their wedding.

Full of Compliments

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Jessica W

Overall I was very happy with LaMalfa. They have a very good timeline to make sure everything gets done & are open to any suggestions! Our ballroom captain (Greg) was on top of everything from the rehearsal dinner to the last dance. I would recommend this venue for anyone... Read More wanting to stay indoors. We also got married in the chapel at LaMalfa which was simple, but beautiful. We got many compliments through out the night (especially on the food) and were very pleased with how smooth everything went.

disappointed

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Kelley O

Had our wedding there because my family member had a wedding there plus others. Our were expensive one...filet mignon were famous til my wedding. It was terrible. We had said in our contract no gravy/mushroom gravy...they 'had' to add gravy since chef were worried it was dried.... Read More Hmm...bullshit. i have been to top notch steakhouse etc...not one of them had to have brown gravy added to keep it moist. Tables layout was wrong. They HAD three or four weddings going on at the same time. then when I had asked for partial refund for steak. They refused and had add that they have gave us all kinds included. And Which were not said in our contract. At the end, she said its how they do their business. I am being honest I used to work there and knew how it runs and thought it would be great doing it there...I was wrong but our night with family and friends were fanastic partying with dj etc. Funny, overall throughout processing everything was positive, helpful & agreeable until our wedding after our wedding...there weren't any compassion, helpful or agreeable. We spend tons of money to them trusting them to do their contract properly.

2014-10-18T12:19:24 Response from the vendor

Hi Kelley, Thank you for your review of LaMalfa. It was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to host your big day and what a disappointment it's been to hear of your dissatisfaction. As previously discussed, removing the sauce from all guest meals is... Read Less Read More

Excellent

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Alexandra

My only problem with LaMalfa was that we couldn't take any of the extra food home with us. We don't know what they do with all of that food... Otherwise, the experience was magical! They were kind and organized.

Bryan and DeAnna

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 DeAnna R

Marty, Jessica and Kyle were the most amazing people to work with! Jessica every single time I called to change something, she went above and beyond to make sure my needs were met. Day before our wedding, Jessica and Kyle were thee to make sure all of my favors and little... Read More décor was handled with care. The day of our event, I went down to see if anything needed to be done, Jessica and Kyle were there to make sure I was ok and not panicking. What a great group of people. Food, service, décor everything was amazing and I wouldn't have changed a thing!!

Pay attention to your details

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Alyssa V

We had just our reception there with the tuscan theme and it was absolutely gorgeous! It went perfect with our colors and everything leading up to the big day was wonderful. They worked with us every single step of the way but when reception time came it got a little messy. We... Read More werent sure who exactly our ballroom captain was, our guests were served BEFORE the bridal table and parents table, staff was sitting in chairs watching everyone instead of doing their job, my father had brought his homemade wine (6 gallons) and they lied to a few of our guests saying "they ran out" and luckily my MOH called the one bartender out on it and a gallon just happend to appear, my fathers prosciutto also magically disappeared when he had brought POUNDS of it, some of the serving staff was a little sketchy and Marty was no where to be found at the begining of the reception when we were told he would be there. But in all honesty, our guests had nothing but compliments and we enjoyed ourselves to the fullest. The food was wonderful, they packed our centerpieces and table numbers for us along with picture frames and other things we had brought, ambiance was just perfect, we had the bridal room which was a complete life saver and they even gave us a fan to put in there (wedding dresses are heavy in June!), myself and my husband enjoyed ourselves and honestly are happy with our experience overall.

LaMalfa Center

Reviewed on 2/12/2013 Emily A

They were wonderful! It was a beautiful location and they were especially accomodating. I would highly recommend!

A real dream come true!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Heather M

LaMalfa is truly top of the line. They do their job so well that planning our wedding reception was fun and stress free! It was elegant and ran smoothly the entire night. One of the things I wanted from our wedding day was for no one to worry about anything - I didn't want my... Read More mother to be running around setting stuff up or people driving everywhere making sure everything was where it needed to me and LaMalfa made this possible. They took care of everything! They were prompt in responding to any questions I had via e-mail or phone. My only small complaint would be that when planning the menu we asked for a sauce without mushrooms as both my husband and I don't like them but when we were served that night there were mushrooms on our plates. In the grand scheme of things this was minuscule and didn't impact how wonderful our evening was. Marty was honest and generous and it was a pleasure working with him and everyone at LaMalfa!

Reception Hall

Reviewed on 7/25/2012 Dana M

I loved LaMalfa. They have a great bride/groom separate room that you can use during your reception to freshen up. They also serve food and drinks in there during cocktail hour for your wedding party. They made sure that we were comfortable. The hotel attached is a bonus for... Read More guests that are out of town. The ambiance of LaMalfa is perfect. Its a big enough space to accomodate any size of wedding.

Best Venue Ever

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 James D

LaMalfa and Holiday Inn work together to create a lasting moment. From start to finish during our wedding planning, the staff was supportive and went the extra mile. Our wedding wouldn't have been a success if it wasn't for the location, value, food, and staff.

Summer 2011

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 S B

The meals were good and the presentation was nice. Guests really enjoyed the appetizers and desserts. The bartenders were very nice. The facility is nice and clean. Overnight guests appreciated that the hotel was attached.

LaMalfa gave us a wonderful wedding reception

Reviewed on 7/21/2011 Erin W

We held our June reception at LaMalfa and had a wonderful time. The staff is very helpful and Mr. LaMalfa met with us personally a couple of times throughout the planning process. The room was beautiful and everyone liked the food a lot. It's a great space as long as you... Read More don't mind being next to another ballroom. We couldn't hear any noise from the other larger wedding. It was also very important to have the hotel since the majority of our guests were from out of town. One drawback is that we had to clean up, dispose, and box the rented hardware for the floral centerpieces on Monday, but they did gather them up after the reception, and let us use the sink. We did not think we would be able to afford LaMalfa, but we checked it out anyways and they gave us a great price that included everything--food, cake, alcohol. We had a beautiful reception, and would highly recommend LaMalfa to anyone hosting a reception on the northeast side.

Bad Food, Bad Manners

Reviewed on 5/21/2011 Kelly P

Tha staff argued with vendors in front of the some of the Bridal Party. Behaved viciously and acted "above-it-all" RUDE, RUDE, RUDE The food was below average and way over-cooked. Pretty decor, does not cover bad manners

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 10/07/2010 Patti C

We booked with LaMalfa two weeks! before the wedding and in that very short time, they were able to give us exactly what we wanted and they did it beautifully. Everyone we spoke to was very helpful and the hall, the food, the service, and the decor were everything we'd hoped for... Read More and more. I would highly recommend.

Excellent

Reviewed on 9/18/2010 stephanie c

The food, the service, the staff. They made all 177 guests feel at home and well taken care of. The hotel right there is perfect!

Unforgetable

Reviewed on 5/31/2010 Krystel M

The service was unforgetable. From our first meeting with LaMalfa we knew we were in good hands. Everything we spoke about was done. They offered great ideas since they are in the business they know what works and what does not. We as a couple were treated like special... Read More guests always. When we walked into to our reception the room took my breath away. We was what I pictured then some. The all around service was amazing from thier caterers to the hotel and the amazing service staff and the wonderful assistant they have. we always felt important like we were the only guest. It is one on one service you never talk to a different person everytime you check in or have meetings. I would 110% recommend LaMalfa. I woke up the next morning not regreting a thing it went perfect.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Katie M

Great food, easy to work with, all the details went as promised, nice hotel attached. Minimal decor necessary, beautiful rooms.;Get the top self liquor, well drinks aren't great. Know for sure the minimum number of guests you are going to have.

Reviewed on 9/30/2007 Heather J

Customer service, food, dance floor;It has dark colors - Not good for pictures

Reviewed on 9/23/2007 Erin C

It included the catering, cake, decoration, ceremony site, and it was attached to a hotel;There are other events that probably will be held on the day of your wedding as the site has 4 seperate rooms for events, if you do not want any type of event such as a prom held on the... Read More same name make sure you verify and then double check this event is not being held on the same night