L'Auberge Del Mar

Del Mar, CA

Book Your Wedding with L'Auberge Del Mar

A BEACH IN DEL MAR, CA

The L’Auberge Del Mar Hotel in Del Mar is the premier wedding destination for California couples who are looking for a venue to host their beach-themed wedding. With access to multiple San Diego beach locations, the hotel has a wealth of experience in creating the perfect celebration for brides and grooms.

This venue is considered to be one of the “World’s Best Resorts” by Travel & Leisure magazine and is rated as one of the top three resorts in San Diego by U.S. News & World Report. The resort sits on just over five acres of beautifully landscaped property and patrons have access to a private pathway to the beach. As a venue that has worked hard to put itself at the top of the San Diego resort list, L’Auberge Del Mar left no detail unattended when it came to creating the perfect wedding experience.

A full wedding planning team is provided by the hotel to help couples arrange a wedding that meets or exceeds all their expectations. With the resort’s seaside location, it is no surprise that beach weddings are one of their specialties. The venue offers three outdoor options and two indoor options for larger groups.

Seagrove Park is set directly adjacent to the resort and offers a manicured lawn leading to sandy beaches. The park can accommodate up to 200 guests for a ceremony or reception.

Pacific Terrace is situated on a paved pad overlooking the beach. Up to 230 guests can be seated for a ceremony or reception.

Sunset Terrace is located directly in the resorts courtyard and was strategically placed to incorporate the natural beauty of the California sunset. This location can house up to 130 guests for a ceremony or reception.

Platinum Ballroom is the largest indoor option and can seat up to 250 guests. The ballroom opens up to a terrace that can accommodate 60 people at a time.

Emerald Ballroom is smaller with a maximum guest count of 120 but it also opens up to a private terrace that can host a group of 50.

Along with these locations, the L’Auberge Del Mar offers five smaller locations for groups of less than 100.

L’Auberge Del Mar offers full planning services for couples who choose the hotel to host their wedding day. Catering can be provided on-site and the menu offers a wide range of flavors so there should be something to suit every palate. All packages include a one-hour hosted bar with one bartender for every 100 guests.

The hotel is happy to arrange accommodations for out-of-town guests. Spa baskets or hotel signature items can be provided to guests staying at the hotel upon request.

L’Auberge Del Mar can arrange an in-suite hair and make-up appointment for the bride on her wedding day. Special spa packages are offered to pamper the bride and her bridesmaids as well.

The resort is also happy to help plan all the events surrounding the wedding such as:

• Bridal showers
  • Rehearsal dinner
  • Bachelor parties
  • Bridesmaid and groomsmen luncheons
  • Farewell brunch
  • The wedding planners at L’Auberge Del Mar have developed relationships with many of the wedding vendors in the area, so they are happy to help couples choose the vendors that truly help their vision come to life.

L’Auberge Del Mar offers many of the extra amenities one would expect from a premier resort destination. All wedding packages include:

• Two glasses of wine with dinner for each guest
    • Complimentary glass of champagne or sparkling cider for the wedding toast

Additionally, the spa area can also be rented exclusively for the wedding party’s use for three hours. The exclusive use includes fruit and cheese spreads and bottomless champagne.

Celebrate by the Sea

L’Auberge Del Mar provides the perfect place for the beginning of your journey together. From the simple splendor of a casual rehearsal dinner in one of our private cabanas to a seaside ceremony overlooking the Pacific Ocean at Seagrove Park, L'Auberge offers the perfect backdrop for your wedding.

$$$$ – Expensive

Beach, Hotel, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

1540 Camino Del Mar, Del Mar, CA (858) 793-6445

L'Auberge Del Mar Intimate Wedding

Reviewed on 1/19/2014 Elizabeth A

From the moment we arrived, EVERYONE was so friendly and helpful! Our Wedding planner Krissie took care of everything, I really didn't have to worry. The day was beautiful and more than I could have imagined thanks to L'Auberge! Our wedding party all commented that it was the... Read More most relaxing wedding they had ever been too!!

L'Auberge is amazing

Reviewed on 12/06/2013 Randi K

Everything about L'Auberge was amazing. The location, the food, the service. Krissie and the wedding coordination staff are so awesome. They definitely work hard for you and help you get everything you want while helping you stay in budget. I had so many guests tell me it was... Read More the best wedding they have ever been too. They truly made my day amazing beyond expectation. I highly highly recommend

Wedding Ceremony/Reception

Reviewed on 12/02/2013 Sheila E

I can't say enough good things about L'Auberge. First off all the view and the hotel itself is gorgeous! The staff was extremely helpful as well. We were assigned a person from the hotel to work with to plan the wedding day. She allowed us to customize our options so that they... Read More would fit into our budget. She assisted us every step of the way, and was very flexible and accommodating when we changed our minds and switched details around. Everything went smoothly the day of the wedding and the hotel staff was great about checking with us to make sure all of our needs were being met. Lastly, the food was amazing! We would fly out to Del Mar just to eat the coffee crusted buffalo!!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Chelsea C

My husband and I got married here on 8/6/16. The venue is gorgeous, and all our guests were raving about it the entire afternoon. We chose to have the ceremony in Seagrove Park, which is a really awesome option the hotel allows even though they don't technically own the park.... Read More Our first planner, Allie, was fantastic in helping us get started and pick out our vendors, and then when she took a different role, Catherine took over from her with no hiccups at all and made sure everything came together perfectly. 10/10, would do it again and recommend to anyone else wanting an oceanfront wedding in southern California.

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Bianca F

Everyone said my wedding day would be the best day of my life and they were all correct. I was only able to have such an amazing wedding day because I had the support of Dalice Huffman and her dedicated staff. Dalice helped me plan along the way, but the day of the wedding I was... Read More extremely impressed with her organization, attention to detail, and composed demeanor. She was so prepared and aware of my needs that it always seemed like she was two steps ahead of me. Dalice was so on it that I was able to just relax and enjoy my day. The L'Auberge staff was more than welcoming. From the day I arrived they treated my family and me with warmth and respect. During the wedding they were extremely attentive and tried to make sure my guest and I were having a fantastic time. I really appreciate everyone at L'Auberge for giving me the best day of my life.

Our Dream Day

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Ashley B

We loved L'Auberge back in August of 2014 when we were looking at venues. L'Auberge was the only venue that allowed us to outdoors from 4:30-8pm that included our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We made multiple trips down to SD to make sure all details were covered. We... Read More worked closely with Adele and she helped us get everything we asked for. She was there the day of the wedding and worked closely with my wedding coordinator and other vendors. She got us a few last minute things the day off and checked in with my husband and I on multiple occasions. We didn't to extend out stay so they honored our room block rate which was amazing. The staff was so professional and always willing to help. They also decorated out suite with rose petals, champagne and some desserts from out wedding. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. We plan to go back next year on our anniversary. :)

Wonderful Wedding Experience at L'Auberge

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Janelle P

My husband and I were married at L'Auberge on Saturday, October 18th. From start to finish we had the MOST wonderful experience. L'Auberge is a first-class establishment. I can say from first-hand experience that we truly felt that we got what we paid for (plus more).... Read More L'Auberge made us feel like royalty, I have never received such great hospitality. ELIZABETH GALLOWAY was our wedding manager and she was absolute perfection - most organized woman I have ever met (and I am SUPER type-A!) We couldn't have been happier with Elizabeth and all of the hard work she put in (it showed!) Elizabeth comes off extremely experienced, polite, but still able to move a crowd along and get the job done! The night went off without a single hitch. Each and every L'Auberge staff member was so friendly; our guests were telling us all weekend how wonderful the bartenders, servers, valet, front-desk, etc. were. Shout-out to HECTOR, our banquet captain, he was superb...such a wonderful guy and made my husband and I feel taken-care of the entire weekend. I hope I am not forgetting anyone! Oh, and the food was magnificent, everything was cooked perfectly. The Chef even came out to introduce himself to us and our guests. How cool is that!?!! These are the little things that make clients feel appreciated. Thank you, L'Auberge from the bottom of our hearts for the most perfect wedding weekend...we couldn't have dreamed for anything better. The word that will always come to mind when we think of L'Auberge is "CLASS". We can't wait to return on our anniversary!!!

Great venue, great location, great staff!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Caitie C

I grew up in Del Mar and have always been very familiar with L'Auberge. We decided against using the Pacific Terrace because our wedding was too small, but the staff was absolutely terrific in helping us put together our dream wedding in a more appropriate space. It was... Read More unforgettable, and we couldn't have imagined using any other venue.

So beautiful

Reviewed on 7/04/2014 Ashley L

The venue is absolutely stunning. We fell in love with it the first time we saw it, just had to figure out how to pay for it. It is expensive, but it is totally worth it. The view is amazing and out guests have gone on and on about how beautiful of a location we chose. They... Read More provide a wedding planner and Krissie did an absolutely incredible job. The day went perfectly and was exactly how I envisioned. I would do it all over again exactly the same.

Dream wedding

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Maria A

If you are looking for an inviting, elegant venue then L'Auberge is It. our wedding was an absolute dream come true.

Beautful Wedding

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Sue O

I had my wedding and ceremony at L'Auberge on their roof top Pacific Terrace. It was fabulous. The ocean view, the food, the service. Alison, the catering manager, did an excellent job of orchestrating this event. She answered my multitude of questions and worked within my... Read More budget. Perfect location.

Loved It!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Christen C

Beautiful location, Krissie is so sweet, the food was good and the service was amazing!!

Fantastic!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Yukiko S

Of course, location is great and the staffs are so nice!!

Beautiful but...

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Melissa H

Please note that none of these pictures include the sunken bar that is on the outside of the ceremony space. They do not close this bar off during ceremonies, so there is a chance of some drunk person ruining your ceremony. Also, there is a parking lot and homes that you will be... Read More looking over. It is a beautiful hotel and great atmosphere besides the bar.

Wedding Venue - L'Auberge Del Mar

Reviewed on 10/16/2011 Maria C

L'Auberge was the perfect venue for our special day. We had a destination wedding and our guests were really impressed with the resort and enjoyed their stay. Our wedding coordinators, Alison Sansom and Alison Kopecky were amazing and did a fantastic job. We highly recommend... Read More them.

Best wedding ever

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Alli B

i could not have asked for a more beautful place to get married

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 8/12/2011 May C

I held my small wedding reception at L'Auberge last month and had a wonderful time. Kecia Kelly did everything in her power to make it memorable. Even though my wedding was intimate, I felt that Kecia treated the event with no less importance than any large gala. The service... Read More during cocktail hour and dinner was excellent; the staff was always ready and waiting to see to our needs. The sunset view over the ocean as seen from the upper terrace made the best pictures too.

A Dreamy Beachy Venue

Reviewed on 7/09/2011 Jessica H

I absolutely loved L'Auberge. The venue is wonderful- the terraces all look out to the beach, and it has this modern vintage glamour feel to it (if that makes any sense at all). The food was fantastic- couldn't have been better. The staff was friendly and helpful. Kecia, the... Read More catering manager was the best person I worked with in my whole wedding planning process. I got my dream wedding at L'Auberge, and couldn't have been happier.

Superior

Reviewed on 11/08/2010 Joan Marie R

Words cannot possibly express our extreme satisfaction and delight for having chosen L'Auberge for our wedding & reception. Class I act start to finish, planning to execution. This is the perfect mix of professionalism and chic. We were thrilled with how the staff, led by... Read More wedding coordinator Alison & catering manager Keisha, orchestrated our wishes into a dreamy occasion. Bravo.