Laurel Creek Manor

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

7611 166th Ave. E., Sumner, WA (253) 826-6306

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Meghan S

If you are looking for a romantic venue south of Seattle, I highly recommend Laurel Creek. LC is, by far, the most gorgeous venue I've been to in the South Sound...plus, Kirsten and her team are absolutely amazing! My husband and I found Laurel Creek four days after our... Read More engagement and we're so glad we did. They only have one Saturday left in September (which we snagged). From the moment we took the first tour, Kirsten was friendly, honest, outgoing, and extremely easy to work with. Through the planning process, Kirsten was a lifesaver. She worked with my mom and me to bring our vision to life, from using their gorgeous farm tables to renting chairs to match. The pre-wedding planning session with the walk-through was also a huge help. Never feel like you are asking too many questions - Kirsten is so sweet and quick to respond and she offers great advice and support! For an outdoor space that is the home of many weddings throughout the year, I couldn't have been more impressed with how everything looked on our wedding day (September 30). The grounds are perfectly kept and the garden florals she chooses are gorgeous and neutral enough to match everyone's wedding colors. This didn't deter us from having an amazing time, but there are a few things to note -- you must use a venue-approved caterer (she gives four options...Snuffin's is AMAZING, by the way) and kegs are not permitted. Ladies also must have their hair and makeup done offsite. All in all, I can't sing the praises of Laurel Creek Manor enough! I highly recommend looking into them for your wedding day...but book soon because they book fast!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Hannah W

Laurel Creek is by far the most beautiful and best maintained outdoor venue location in the Seattle area. Most outdoor locations look pretty 'well-worn' by the end of the summer, but that is not the case with Laurel Creek- they take excellent care of their grounds and it shows.... Read More We had our wedding in August and were both glad we chose this venue. I planned our wedding long distance and Kirsten was easy to work with throughout the process. She provided pre-planning services over the phone (where everything will be set up, linen ordering, expert advice), two in-person walk thrus, rehearsal time the Thursday before, and answers to countless questions via email. Outside of my guests loving the venue, my photographer appreciated all the beautiful areas to take photographs (in and outdoor). The only drawback is that there isn't much flexibility for deviating from the system they have created. There is a set list of caterers you are permitted to work with (granted they have chosen a spectrum of options and our choice was very affordable) and lawn games outside of cornhole are not allowed (giant checkers, giant chess, giant connect-4). That being said, we were so satisfied with our venue choice and would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Taylor B

We recently had our wedding at Laurel Creek Manor on August 13th. We were very happy with everything. The venue was perfect! We liked the great big reception tent and overall wooded charming feel. I especially liked the bridal suite!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Amy M

This venue is a must see! The venue was perfect for my daughters wedding. It's beautiful but most of all the owners are wonderful and helpful. I can't tell you how many compliments we have received about this venue. The fireworks show was amazing and the guests loved it.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Valerie K

I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for the perfect outdoor venue! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Kaley T

Beautiful property, tons of picture opportunities. Kirsten was incredibly helpful and kind throughout the entire process. She even left my now-husband and I a small gift and card that we were unaware of until we started opening things up :) Very sweet touch. The bridal suite is... Read More nice and spacious with gorgeous bathrooms to get ready in, the layout of the manor makes it easy to transition throughout the day and easy for guests to navigate. My favorite part is that there are multiple spaces for ceremonies, which we needed because the weather was very finicky that day, so we had the option of on the lawn if it was perfect, on the terrace if it was iffy, and inside if it was pouring (which it was). Totally recommend!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Rosalyn L

I had a small indoor wedding herein February, and it was absolutely amazing. The building and grounds are beatiful, and the way the venue is organized makes it easy to plan any kind of event. The venue staff was incredibly helpful, thorough, and responsive. Kirsten was a huge... Read More help through all our planning, and especially on the day of. I would definitely recommend this venue and am so happy I chose it myself.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Nicole S

We had our wedding at Laurel Creek Manor this past September and everything went great. The venue is beautiful and working with Kirsten was wonderful. She helped answer any questions I had, and my parents/bridal party said she was very helpful the day of when they were doing the... Read More set-up. She also was very helpful during the planning session we had for venue layout of tables, seating etc. We used Act3 Catering, one of the four caterers they allow you to choose from and we were very happy with the food and service they provided as well. LCM has some really nice rental items as well, we used the wine barrel bar and bistro tables and BAR sign. Its a very cozy and beautifully decorated venue. Thank you LCM, we are so happy we choose to have our wedding at your venue.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Ashley N

Hands down one of the most beautiful venues out there! My wife and I loved the look of the venue but the moment we met with Kristen's dad and then her we were sold! they both made us feel so comfortable and welcomed. When ever we had question I would send her an email and she... Read More would respond fast and was full of great suggestions. we really didn't know exactly what we wanted and she was able to help us out. One of the sweetest most amazing wedding planner/coordinator! We wouldn't have had such a beautiful wedding anywhere else

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Ashlie H

Hands down.. best wedding venue in the Seattle area! I just got married here 2 weeks ago and it was the best day ever! Kirsten at Laurel Creek went above and beyond the entire planning process to the day of to make our day as amazing as she could. I was blown away when I... Read More walked out of the house on our wedding day and saw everything we had talked about for over a year all come together! IT was stunning! Amazing people, amazing grounds, amazing house! Overall just top notch!! :)

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Adele R

My husband and I just had our reception here last month. It was the most beautiful venue ! And Kirsten is SO helpful and friendly! We had the most AMAZING wedding and it wouldn't have been the same without this beautiful venue.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Adele R

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Adina G

Our wedding last Saturday was simply perfect and total fun. Kirsten and her dad, Al, have done an impeccable job making Laurel Creek Manor simply beautiful without the bridal party having to create a garden of flowers. They have done all the work to make this a gorgeous spot... Read More for a wedding. They were right there to take care of every detail and our wedding was just as I had pictured in my head. In one word, perfection.

Reviewed on 7/30/2015

We just had a lovely wedding at Laurel Creek Manor. Our daughter and her husband had such a memorable day. Kirsten and Al have a wonderful venue and they work very hard to keep it beautiful at all times. It was so easy to work with them. The expertise they offer makes wedding... Read More planning fun. Whenever I called or emailed I got immediate responses and they were always very cordial and interested. Our guests were very impressed with the venue and we had so many people ask how we located this beautiful location. The day at Laurel Creek was exceptional and we will cherish our memories forever.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Brett C

Amazing venue! It is absolutely gorgeous and better yet you get to work with great people. Kirsten, the event coordinator is so sweet and helpful. I would email her frequently with questions and she would always respond right away with great suggestions for things. Her father Al... Read More was very kind as well. We went over our allotted rehearsal time and instead of pushing us out he let us stay and finish up. The scenery is beautiful, there are so many great places to take pictures, especially at sunset. My guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was, the best they've seen. Great team and the perfect venue.

Such a beautiful venue.

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Wendy W

This place is amazing. My guests could not stop commenting on the location, the beauty, and the atmosphere provided by Laurel Creek. Kirsten and Al have created/maintained an amazing venue for any occasion. The high standards are evident in the care of Laurel Creek and the... Read More pride in their work shows at every turn. While the venue may seem to cater to outdoor events, there are so many options to use Laurel Creek year-round.I am extremely happy and would highly recommend Laurel Creek Manor.

Perfect Wedding Venue!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Nicole H

Laurel Creek Manor was a phenomenal venue to get married at. The whole experience there was great! Kirsten and her dad Al were extremely welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful throughout the whole planning process. The venue is beautiful - big enough so there is enough space... Read More for folks to wander, but small enough that you don't lose anyone. The grounds are kept in great shape as well. Their tent is amazing! Not your plain white tent...this one has beautiful draped fabric and chandeliers on the inside which really adds a classy feel. All of our guests told us that this was hands down the most beautiful venue they had ever been to. They have a ton of suggestions for other vendors (cake, taxis, DJ, caterer etc) which was useful in planning. Kirsten was quick to respond with any questions I had via e-mail. They are professional and I never had any doubt that things would not work out. My only negatives, which are small, is that they don't allow you to do hair and makeup at the venue, they don't allow food and drink upstairs, and that the rental is only for 8 hours and any extra you have to pay for. 8 hours is definitely not enough for set up, the wedding and take down. We added 2 hours (paying for it) and probably could have used another hour. I think a base 10 hour rental rate would be more realistic. All in all though, this place is great. Classy, professional, well kept, and beautiful! I would recommend it to anyone getting married!

Such a beautiful venue = a beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Amy R

Where do we start.... We LOVE Kirsten and Laurel Creek Manor!! It was the perfect place for our wedding, which made our wedding the most perfect day!! When looking through the millions of wedding venues in Seattle, we initially were hesitant to look at Laurel Creek, since it... Read More was so far away from where we live (Shoreline). I convinced my fiancé to head down for a visit with Al (one of the owners), and we fell in love with Laurel Creek! It was everything we didn't realize we were looking for... English gardens (I was born in England) and an Italian manor house (my husband and I are planning on living in Italy for awhile) - it was almost like it was meant to be! We ended up flipping a coin between LCM and another venue we really liked - every time (against statistical odds!), it landed on the other venue, but it just didn't feel right, so we went against the coin and went with Laurel Creek! And we're so glad we did! The grounds are beautiful, Kirsten is amazing, and we had the best day ever! Kirsten and her family suffered a loss this summer, but she still was professional, friendly, and always smiling. Throughout our year of planning, she was very fast emailing back, answered all my many questions, and on our wedding day, handled everything so smoothly, I had no idea anything had gone wrong! So many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had gone to, and that the grounds were perfectly suited for us. The word "family" was mentioned many times, and when we think of Laurel Creek, that's the word that sums it all up - they have created a family business and treat their wedding parties as family members. The contract is quite strict, but for good reason - it protects the beauty of the venue. We only wish we could have extended the time frame later, as we were having so much fun! Our only issue was not towards LCM directly, but Act 3, one of their preferred caterers... We weren't happy with their service throughout the year and had some issues that arose on the day, which was the icing on the cake. The only reason we mention this on our review of LCM is as a suggestion for a larger catering selection/representation of the caterers from Laurel Creek. Act 3 is the most popular caterer at LCM and the only one who showed to the Seattle Wedding expo and the Bridal Bash, hosted by LCM, so we felt it must be the "right" choice. We were pretty disappointed by their service. We would definitely recommend Laurel Creek and Kirsten's services to other bridal parties - it is worth the money! Just maybe use a different caterer to Act 3... After our wedding, what made Laurel Creek more special in our eyes, was a lovely email from Kirsten, telling us her favorite memories from our wedding, and the final line saying "cheers again to a wonderful day, keep us in mind for family photos… our grounds are always open to you!", making us feel true appreciated as customers and as a couple!

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Lisa M

The place was gorgeous and everyone was very helpful! My ideal venue!

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Suzanne G

Laurel Creek was the only venue we went to see in person. We had surfed the internet for days and looked at over 10 different venues. These days, people are always on the go, we are those people. If we can't find you on the internet and if your website isn't very detailed, we... Read More won't bother. But out of the websites we did visit (that had good pictures and details), Laurel Creek's was the only one that drew our eye. The pictures were so helpful and it was so gorgeous that we couldn't help but want to see it in person. From the first time we saw it, we just loved it. Didn't even want to go see anything else. I know other people have reviewed certain items that not every venue has in their contracts. My feedback on the items: 1. The inability to have hair/make-up done onsite. It makes sense. The interior of the home is beautiful and needs to be kept that way for future brides. And although not every bride and her party are slobs, some are. Just think of the hairspray build up and make-up build up you have just at your home and you think you're not being messy! 2. The requirement to use one of their preferred vendors. We actually liked this idea. The last thing you need on your wedding day is to direct the caterers on how to setup the chairs/tables/food/etc. They know exactly where supplies are, where to prep and setup, and where everything is on the property. You don't have to worry about them getting lost because they know exactly where it is! 3. The requirement to have the tent in summer months. At first I was caught off guard and the additional money for the tent made my heart skip a beat as we were trying to stay on budget. But it was perfect! Had we not had the tent, our guests would've been miserable. It was a hot August day and although there is some shade, there isn't much unless you want your guests hiding in the bushes and trees! It was a perfect setup with the tent and the beautiful chandeliers Kirsten had put in. We were very pleased with our experience with Laurel Creek and would recommend this venue to anyone getting married!

Overall wonderful venue!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Taryn M

I had my wedding here on July 6, 2013, and it was in the perfect setting. The grounds are perfect, and the tent is beautiful. I am so happy to have had my wedding here. The guests loved it, and the space was exactly how I imagined my wedding to be. That said, there are just... Read More a few negatives that I would you to be aware of before choosing this wonderful place to get married. 1. The contract: -It is much more detailed and sticky than other places we looked at. For example: You cannot get your make up or hair done on site (even in the getting ready room!) -You must choose one of their four caterers. Other venues have preferred caterers but let you chose a different one with a fee. Not here. Although we loved our caterer, they four choices they have are not cheap. -No sparklers allowed -I understand their rules are for their own protection, but they are much more extreme than other venues we looked at, so read your contract! 2. We were told by Kirsten that our photobooth could go in a certain room, but when we got there that morning, Al (the father) would not allow it, so it threw off our whole set up. Not a huge deal, but it was stressful and I don't know why they would change their minds on us like that. 3. We found our photobooth vendor on our own, but apparently the owners use the photobooth company often and thought we found them through Laurel Creek. Al was upset at them for not paying them money. Anyways, this misunderstanding should have been something that was between them. However, when I arrived that morning for my wedding, the owner Al was not only yelling at the photobooth vendor, but he was being insulting and degrading. It was very unsettling and unexpected. He was polite with me, but I was thrown off on how cruel and just plain mean he was being. One of the photobooth personnel even left early because of how upset Al had made them. Again, overall my wedding was excellent, and the venue is a great place for pictures! Although there a few negatives, if I could go back I would again choose Laurel Creek Manor. Just a few things to be aware of!

Best venue

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Rachel K

Our wedding would not have been the same if we had been anywhere else. Kirsten was so helpful in planning my wedding and making sure the day was perfect! I would recommend this venue to anyone that is getting married.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Dianna V

Laurel Creek has beautiful grounds, amazing personnel, beautiful bride's room. Just a gorgeous place. Kirsten was wonderful to work with. I highly recommend this facility for an outdoor summer event. Many of our guests stated that our wedding was the most gorgeous wedding... Read More they'd ever attended.

Best Wedding Venue in Seattle Area

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Savannah M

My husband and I just got married here on May 11, 2013 and had a GREAT time. Pros: - Gorgeous grounds - The staff is friendly - Good space for outdoor event - Preferred vendors were familiar with the venue, so everything went smoothly - Kirsten was extremely friendly,... Read More helpful and coordinated with most of the vendors which takes a lot of stress off the bride! - Venue allowed you to store supplies a couple days before the wedding which saves time and stress! - You get the venue for a long time and can pay for extra time which made our wedding very peaceful Cons: - There was only 1 hour budgeted for the wedding rehearsal and I definitely think 1.5 or 2 hours would be much better. - Choosing an outdoor venue in spring is a little stressful since you don't know the weather until the week of. We had to decide whether to rent an extra tent, walls and heaters for a lot of money. Thankfully the weather turning out to be 80 and hot! Overall, our guests LOVED the venue and so did we. Thanks Laurel Creek Manor!

Natural beauty!

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Shawnna Y

If you want a venue that is naturally beautiful, you don't need to look any further. Laurel Creek Manor has a natural beauty that appeals to the masses. The manor has a stated elegance that never ages, and the landscaping is remarkable. You will save a bundle on decorations by... Read More having your wedding here. That being said, what keeps this from being a full 5 star rating is that your wedding will be outdoors, which in Washington is a bit of a gamble any time of the year. There is a beautiful tent that is a permanent fixture and that you are required to rent, which if the cost was simply worked into the total rental cost wouldn't feel nearly as 'forced'. It would also be nice if the venue was able to offer tent walls and heaters for a lower price point, given that the tent it required. However, aside from those few downsides, the venue is virtually flawless.

2012-10-17T15:33:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you Shawnna, for such a lovely review about the natural beauty of Laurel Creek Manor. Because we are an indoor and outdoor wedding venue, we chose this year (2012) to add a fantastic tent feature for all of our weddings. This gives a permanent... Read Less Read More