Lauren James Events

Owners and visionaries Lauren Lerner Akman and Jamie Nadeau have a combined 21 years of experience planning over 2,200 events and 175 weddings. Lauren James Events' keen eye for detail helps to bring each couple's vision to life. Our passion for creating a flawless and memorable experience drives us to provide you with the wedding you have always imagined. From Full-Service Planning to Month-Of Coordination we will customize a package to best fit your needs. Let us work with you step by step as we make your dreams unfold. For more information connect with us at 267.322.4582 or [email protected]

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

1617 JFK Boulevard, Suite 545, Philadelphia, PA (267) 322-4582

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Ally W

Lauren James Events lived up to every expectation and beyond. They made the wedding planning process a breeze, paying attention to every detail so that the day of the wedding was completely dedicated to having fun and enjoying every moment. Leading up to the event they were well... Read More prepared, highly organized, tuned into our vision, flexible with meeting times and locations which was a must given my and my grooms busy schedules, diplomatic with parents and helpful with finding vendors and services that fit into our budget. We had a quick turnaround time between getting engaged and our wedding date and Lauren James Events made sure we kept on pace to have everything come together in time. Since they have many years of experience with wedding planning in the Philadelphia area, they are extremely knowledgable about the different vendors in the area and already had great relationships with the hotel we used, our photographer and venue, and suggested hair and makeup artists that were affordable and also extremely talented. They were well versed in the modern etiquette of wedding planning, everything from how to address escort cards to how many people to sit at a table. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable, they are extremely responsive to emails and phone calls, and the day of the wedding went so smoothly and effortlessly. They made sure we kept on pace so that everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there, they organized babysitting services for my niece, sewed on my dad's tuxedo button when it fell off, and never bothered me with unnecessary details. I highly recommend them, not just for their professional services but also for their personal touches and the warmth they bring to wedding planning.

2017-03-20T12:40:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Ally! We loved being a part of your wedding planning!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 nancy b

"My daughter was married March 11, 2017, at the Kimmel Center in Philadelphia, and we contracted with Lauren James events for our event planners. My contact was Jamie, and I cannot begin to tell you how invaluable she was to us. I have never met anyone who attended to detail so... Read More efficiently. Every deadline that needed to be met was managed by her, and she was incredibly pleasant and good humored throughout the process. There was never a moment when she appeared rushed, and she had a way of making you feel as if you were her only client, even though that is far from the truth. Her professionalism, class, and generosity of spirit were indispensable to us, and despite the inevitable tensions along the road, she remained calm and measured herself. She even delivered a wheelchair to the Double Tree for my elderly mother, after we discovered we needed another one at the last moment. She was our anchor, organizer, and confidant throughout the months leading to the wedding, and I can honestly say, that I will miss speaking to her. The night of the wedding, we had her partner, Lauren with us, and she was a godsend as well. Please don't hesitate to hire these skilled young women. I cannot praise them enough, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for exemplary assistance during what can be a stressful process. They are absolutely superb.

2017-03-20T12:41:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Nancy! It meant so much to us to be a part of everything!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Janelle W

We couldn't have planned our wedding without Lauren and Jamie! They made the stress of wedding planning disappear! They were always a phone call away (early morning and late at night they were there!) They made the planning process so smooth and the day of the wedding they... Read More handled so many stressful situations that I didn't even know accrued until weeks after the wedding when friends told me. They went above and beyond wedding planner duties, I swear they should add "therapist" to their titles! I couldn't imagine trusting anyone else to be there for me and my husband during such a special time, they are family now :)

2017-03-20T12:41:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Janelle! We loved being a part of your wedding planning!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Jennifer K

Wedding Day: 7/22/17 From the very first time I met Lauren and Jamie from Lauren James Events, I knew that they would be the perfect fit for our wedding day. They were professional, extremely responsive and overall a pleasure to work with. Throughout the entire wedding process,... Read More I worked with Lauren, and she could not have been more helpful. She was so well organized that I literally had nothing to worry about, and when I did start to worry about certain things coming together, she assured me that everything would be perfect...and IT WAS! Even with a unexpected last minute change a few days before our wedding, she did not even bat an eye, handled the situation flawlessly and without any hesitation. On the day of the wedding, Lauren was AMAZING! She was there for me and my now husband and made sure everything we discussed leading up to that day was taken care of. My vision came to life so much because of her and her exceptional communication skills with so many of my vendors. I am beyond grateful for Lauren James Events and could not have imagined our day without them!

2017-08-07T12:38:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Jenny!! It was amazing to be a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Emily S

Our experience planning our wedding with Jamie and Lauren was phenomenal. These ladies truly care about their clients' special day, and do everything in their power to ensure that every detail is carefully tended to at each step in the planning process! My husband and I were... Read More planning our wedding during a particularly busy and stressful year in our lives, and Jamie and Lauren turned an otherwise daunting task into an exceptionally organized, smooth and enjoyable journey. Jamie and Lauren have a solid understanding of the wedding industry in Philly and the surrounding area, and had a wealth of knowledge about local vendors to share in order to put together the perfect wedding team for us. Now that the event is over, we miss communicating with them every day! Their professionalism is unwavering, yet they have a natural ability to connect with clients in a way that enabled them to anticipate my thoughts and requests, and many times took care of things well before I even thought to ask them to do so - they really have a knack for understanding a bride and groom's style and expectations, and they will go above and beyond in bringing to life your vision for your wedding!

2017-07-25T10:42:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Emily!! We are so happy we could be a part of everything with you!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Allie M

People always say a wedding planner is worth the money, and after just having a wedding, I couldn’t agree more! My venue came with a day of event coordinator, who was fantastic, but the services Jamie and Lauren provided were above and beyond what a venue coordinator can do for... Read More you. They are a wealth of information. I emailed constantly with random questions of which were answered promptly and concisely. It is refreshing to work with people who love what they do. They are energetic, fun, organized and calming all at once. It was clear the focus was on making sure the day was everything I wanted it to be. Because of Lauren and Jamie I truly enjoyed every second of my own wedding. I never worried about making sure everyone was in the right place, if the flowers arrived on time, where the photographer was, etc. If anything went wrong, I never knew about. For example, I made welcome letters for the hotels to hand out to guests. A handful of guests made reservations at hotels outside of our recommended hotel block. Lauren personally delivered welcome letters to other hotels in the city the day prior to the wedding to make sure all guests were informed. These small tasks repeated themselves and make such a huge impact. It was a fortunate accident that I stumbled upon LJ events and I couldn’t have been happier. Compared to other planners in the business they are very well priced. Everyone felt taken care of and I knew it was going to be the best day ever. Weddings are expensive this is the best money you’ll spend on the wedding!

2017-07-25T10:44:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Allie! It was so great to be a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Lauren F

Lauren James Events is the best investment you could make for your wedding. Lauren was one of the first calls I made when I got engaged. Lauren and Jamie promptly respond to all calls and questions, regardless of how ridiculous the question may be. They go above and beyond... Read More and think of every possible detail, which allows you to plan and enjoy without added stress. When it came to the day of our wedding, Lauren planned every detail and the whole day ran seamlessly. I would highly recommend them, and we will use Lauren James Events for any future events that we plan!

2017-06-30T10:46:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Lauren! We loved working with you and Dave and being a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Alyson Z

We are so thankful that we hired Lauren James Events for our wedding. We worked with Jamie and she is not only a great person but she is AWESOME at her job. My husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our wedding day instead of coordinating details the whole time. It was WORTH... Read More every penny and I highly recommend them!

2017-07-25T10:45:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Brian! It was wonderful to work with you!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Laura H

I was lucky to have another event planner refer me to Lauren James Events!! I worked mostly with Jamie for the three months leading up to our daughter's wedding and Lauren joined Jamie for rehearsal through the last, last, last dance. Jamie was available anytime and for any... Read More reason--text, email, phone calls! She guided me to the best hair and make up artist, helped my husband with guest transportation and vendor tips, was in contact with all vendors coordinating time lines and kept me calm!! Because Jamie and Lauren managed every detail, in a most discreet manner, I was able to enjoy my daughter's wedding. We highly recommend Lauren James Events.

2017-07-25T10:47:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Laura! It was so nice to work with you for Kathleen and Max's wedding day.

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Hannah A

I wasn't going to use a wedding planner because I'm extremely organized and knew exactly what I wanted... But I am SO happy I hired Lauren and Jamie. Best decision ever. There are so many loose ends in the 2 months leading up to your wedding, and LJ Events jumped in and took so... Read More much off my plate. They were willing to do absolutely anything to make my day perfect, and to take away any stress I had leading up to it. I'm obsessed with these girls and highly recommend hiring them for any event you may have.

2017-07-25T10:47:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Hannah! We loved being a part of your final planning months!

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Jess B

I worked with Jamie for our wedding on March 18th, 2017 and have nothing but appreciate and love for her! I truly don't think I could have done it all without her. She was so organized and professional throughout the entire process. She helped me stay on top of payments,... Read More communication and ideas. She was able to make introductions to various vendors and helped me get responses from some when I couldn't. My family and bridal party was so impressed with how easy Jamie & her team made the wedding day flow. Her timeline and thoroughness of each detail was outstanding. Working with Jamie was the best decision I made when it came to hiring any vendors. There is no doubt in my mind she is the wedding planner you want!

2017-04-06T13:44:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Jess! We loved being a part of your day!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Mia B

Lauren and Jamie are amazing! Our wedding was incredible and everything went so smoothly because of them. I had zero stress the day of the wedding because they took care of everything and my husband and I truly had the best day of our lives. Even though we just had them as day... Read More of wedding planners, they were so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. They are extremely organized, had great creative suggestions, and do so much work behind the scenes to coordinate with all of the other vendors. Thank you for everything!!!!

2017-03-20T12:38:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Mia! We loved being a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Natalie B

Thank you to Lauren James Events for planning Samantha and Jonathan's dream wedding. Their vision down to every last detail created the newlyweds fairytale wedding. As the mother of the bride I could not have done it without them. Their expertise and enthusiasm made the whole... Read More experience wonderful. Every detail was covered to perfection. It was such a wonderful, stress free evening because of them.

2017-03-20T12:38:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Natalie! We loved being a part of it all!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Courtney G

Jamie was hired about two months before our wedding as our day-of planner and she was absolutely incredible. Everything went off seamlessly and she really reduced my stress level! I couldn't imagine getting through that last month of planning without her. I couldn't recommend... Read More Lauren James events more highly. They were so professional, organized and most importantly patient with me and very sweet!

2017-03-20T12:37:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Courtney! I loved being a part of your day!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Hayley W

amie and Lauren were the BEST event planners ever! Our wedding day would not have gone as smoothly without them. They are lifesavers who helped us plan every detail down to the last minute. With their wonderful planning we actually got to mingle at our cocktail hour and enjoy... Read More food at our dinner. They made sure we had everything we wanted during the reception and before heading to the church they made sure we were staying on time to get to the ceremony on time. Before our wedding even began, they helped us stay on task during the planning process, making sure all vendors, my parents, and ourselves knew exactly what needed to be done and what decisions needed to be made. Without them some of the small details that made our wedding over the top would have been overlooked and not have happened (having flip flops for people when dancing, having sand dollars at each seat, and having sunscreen in our welcome bags). We miss their daily emails and know if we ever have another event that involves a lot of planning we will be sure to hire Lauren and Jamie. If you are planning a wedding and need every detail to be perfect, Jamie and Lauren won’Ht leave you disappointed. They go above and beyond to make sure everything goes smoothly and to make sure everyone is happy. We were sad to see our night end because it meant our planning time with them was over.

2017-03-20T12:37:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Hayley! We loved working with you for your wedding!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Kate B

Lauren and Jamie are THE BEST. I got married in Philadelphia where I grew up, but I'm currently living in Los Angeles. Both of them were by my side from day one of meeting and helped make long-distance wedding planning not intimidating at all and helped make the whole experience... Read More so organized and on schedule. They were BEYOND accommodating to my trips home and made sure to make time for me (even when it was during the holidays or just for a Friday and Saturday). They really made me feel like their biggest priority. Both of them couldn't have been more responsive over email and phone, and went above and beyond in their thoughtful responses. I am extremely indecisive on many parts of the planning process and they both steered me in all the right directions and I never felt like I was going against my instincts or preferences. The day of my wedding went absolutely perfectly thanks to these two absolute pros. They have fantastic relationships so many vendors, and they understand and act on the nitty gritty of the nitty gritty and do so VERY quickly, all the while being super fun and polite. These ladies were two of my favorite people to work with throughout the whole process and even though the wedding is over I consider them friends and true inspiration! P.S. they even participated in a hilarious family tradition, which was AWESOME.

2017-03-20T12:35:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kate! We loved being a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Alexis G

Wow - words can't even begin to express what an amazing experience I had with LJ events. I had hired Lauren and Jamie for "day of" services. From beginning to end, the interactions were professional, yet innovative and exciting! Wedding planning is a great time in your life, but... Read More can also be a bit hectic and stressful. After I hired LJ events for my wedding, I felt immediate relief just knowing that they would be there on my wedding day to ensure that everything was executed according to plan (and I mean everything!). And of course, the day was perfect -- from getting ready, to pictures, ceremony and reception -- they were there every step of the way. Not to mention that they are just generally great to be around. Their experience and skillset can't be matched - my only regret was not hiring them as full service.

2017-03-20T12:35:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Alexis! We loved working with you!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Heather S

We LOVED working with Jamie and Lauren (and so did everyone who interacted with them, including our friends and family). Jamie and Lauren were attentive to every detail of our wedding, responsive to every phone call, email and question (no matter how annoying we might have been... Read More leading up to the wedding), consummate professionals and cared deeply about our wedding day. It sounds so simple but our words really can't do justice to just how amazing they both were and how helpful they were doing our entire planning process. They helped us stay organized leading up to the wedding, took care of every detail on the wedding day itself (even coordinating with our driver on the fly to take the best route possible to the wedding venue when we hit unexpected traffic), and allowed the entire ceremony and reception to flow so flawlessly there wasn't a single moment where anything was out of place or seemed amiss. What we think also made them special is that they both have great personalities that made us feel so comfortable with them during the entire day as if we had known them for years, not just for the time leading up to the wedding. We'll never forget everything they did for our wedding, making our day so special for us. There is nobody else in the world we would have wanted to plan our wedding. They really deserve 10 stars, not just 5, because they went above and beyond for us.

2017-03-20T12:42:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Heather! It was great to be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Lauren K

Lauren & Jamie were beyond amazing! I began working with them one year prior to my wedding which was extremely helpful. They are extremely professional, responsive, supportive and guide you in the right direction while keeping your vision at the same time. I can't imagine not... Read More having them present on the day of our wedding. All the behind the scene things they do make the whole day very smooth and easy as a bride and groom! It was so nice not worry about all the little details on our wedding day as I knew they had everything under control :) We are so lucky to have had them recommended to us!

2017-03-20T12:34:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Lauren! We were so happy to be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Susan

Susan Jamie and Laurie are the absolute greatest event planners that I can imagine and I run lots of very large business events a year, so have a basis of comparison. They have the expertise, vendor knowledge, sophistication and taste to help you plan a truly beautiful event,... Read More that takes into account the bride and groom's vision, and skillfully accommodates others that may be involved with the planning (such as interfering moms like me). They are extraordinarily detail oriented--and there are hundreds of details! They were in constant communication as needed, and kept track of decisions that needed to be made, invoices, etc. Best of all, they were such a treat to work with: they were always gracious and fun, and their confidence and knowledge made decision-making painless. My daughter's wedding was spectacular and I give them a great deal of credit in the design and execution of this fabulous day. Of all the bills we paid for the wedding, this was the one that was positively the best value for the services rendered. I can simply not find a single thing to criticize, they are the absolute best!

2017-03-20T12:33:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Susan! We loved working with you!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Samantha C

Lauren and Jamie were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. I was planning a wedding in Philadelphia from 1,000 miles away in Nashville, and Lauren and Jamie did a wonderful job of setting up phone calls to talk details and offering thoughtful and... Read More helpful suggestions! The day of the wedding went so smoothly because of the two of them, and our guests were so complementary of their kindness and professionalism. We wouldn't have been able to do it without them!

2017-03-20T12:33:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Sam! We were so happy to be a part of your day!

Jamie + Lauren

Lauren and Jamie began as colleagues, but quickly became great friends. They were able to form a strong bond not only professionally, but personally because of their passion for planning events and their keen eye for attention-to-detail. Their dedication and relationship-driven style with their clients will provide not only a flawless event, but a memorable experience as well. Together they will bring your vision to life, step-by-step. No milestone is too small to warrant a celebration or too big to expect attention to even the smallest detail.