Léal Vineyards

Hollister, CA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in the breathtaking Central Coast area of California near Hollister, Léal Vineyards is a scenic and romantic space to host a wedding, where couples can exchange vows surrounded by acres of lush green grapevines and stunningly picturesque views. From there the party can smoothly transition into either an indoor or outdoor reception for a night of dancing under the stars or amidst the sights and smells of oak wine barrels.

Whether holding just the reception or both ceremony and reception onsite, couples can take advantage of the venue's fantastic wines, excellent catering and high level of service. The wedding party can take advantage of the venue's stylish, nearby hotel and Léal Vineyards also offers wedding ceremony and reception space at its other locations, The Barn in Hollister, California and The Mansion in Morgan Hills, California. For those wishing to hold their events at the winery itself, Léal Vineyards offers the following indoor and outdoor event spaces, which can be combined or used separately to create whatever style wedding you wish.

Lavánda. This is an outdoor area among the vineyards and overlooking a lake that can host both the wedding ceremony and the reception. Lavánda can accommodate up to 275 guests and is available from May through October. Sunset nuptials under the gazebo are a favorite at this location, accompanied by the tranquil sounds of a waterfall gently splashing in the background.

The Barrel Room. This location will leave a bride and groom feeling like they are in the middle of a fairytale wedding. The wedding party and guests enter the room through a grandiose oak trellis pathway. The room is surrounded by brick and features majestic wooden doors. The Barrel Room is open for wedding ceremonies and receptions year round. The romance in the air is brought to life in this candle-lit room with walls lined of aromatic oak blending barrels. This room can accommodate up to 275 guests.

The Olive Grove. Bring a taste of Italy to the wedding ceremony or reception at the Olive Grove. Overlooking the lush hillside and lighted olive trees, this wedding site provides a casual, yet elegant atmosphere. Guests can enjoy some fun with two bocce ball courts made of crushed oyster shells, as well as an outdoor fireplace and stylish water fountain.

Léal Vineyards tailors each wedding it hosts to the specific needs of the bride and groom. The wine country experience offered to each couple includes exquisite cuisine available for catering and wine service. Wedding packages also include one-stop services, such as a DJ, custom wedding cakes, floral arrangements and room decorations. A wedding coordinator is available to relieve you of some of the planning pressure and help things go more smoothly on the big day.

Leal Vineyards is full of country charm and also a level of class and sophistication far above many other venues. In addition to sampling its award-winning wines and taking advantage of the numerous fantastic photo opportunities, the venue can also provide accommodations at its Hacienda de Léal in historic San Juan Bautista, California. The hotel features 42 quaint and chic rooms with a mission city style and provides a complimentary shuttle service from the hotel to the winery.

Wine Country Weddings and Events

Léal Vineyards understands central coast weddings with beautiful, natural settings, gracious hospitality and exceptional culinary and wine experiences like no one else. You and your guests will enjoy both the beauty and privacy of our vineyards and estate as well as a memorable experience.

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Tented, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

300 Maranatha Drive, Hollister, CA (831) 636-1023
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Shelbie D

I can not say enough amazing things about Leal. From the tour and taking the time to explain everything to us to the final day they made wedding planning fun and as stress free. Owie and the team are the nicest people to work with and know the ins and out of how to coordinate an... Read More amazing wedding. This place is drop dead gorgeous and everything they do looks amazing. They take care of everything from food, dessert, flowers, center pieces, dj to day of coordination. The price is amazing and you get so much more for your money with this venue than other venues in the area. I knew when booking this venue that I would have an amazing wedding but it was better than I could ever imagine and everything was perfect thanks to them!

Absolutely Spectacular!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Allyce M

Leal is a beautiful site for the ceremony and reception. They have 3 location on the property and all of them are beautiful. We got married and had the reception at the Levanda site and it was absolutely spectacular. They do the food and cake through the restaurant they own and... Read More it's delicious, people were raving about our food. They also take care of the flowers, décor, and DJ through their Deluxe Design and Décor company. This is a full service location and they really go out of their way to make everything perfect. You even get a day of coordinator. All services are customizable so it's up to you how much you want to spend but the rental fees are very reasonable. I also highly recommend renting the houses they have on site as they are perfect for the rehearsal dinner and getting ready the day of. The day of coordinators and general manager, Kendra and Owie are amazing!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Anthony B

My husband and I got married at Leal Vineyards in June, we could not have asked for a better experience or a more perfect day! We took a year and half to plan our wedding, from start to finish the experience was exceptional! The staff and their vendors were responsive, organized... Read More and supportive of all of our needs. They truly were determined to make our wedding day perfect and special in every way. We took advantage of every thing Leal Vineyards had to offer, we rented the estate homes on the property which are breathtaking and our guests throughly enjoyed their stay at Hacienda de Leal. Renting the estate homes for the weekend allowed us to throughly enjoy our entire wedding weekend. Kendra Saenz, whom is the wedding coordinator was amazing, she made me feel at ease the entire time! Owie Popescu who is the General Manager was also super accommodating, he made sure that we got were able to make the most of our budget so that our wedding day would be everything we had dreamed about! Not to mention the fact that the two of them are so sweet and easy to talk too! Not only were we impressed by the venue and their staff but so were our guests! For weeks and now months after the wedding we've had our guests mention how impressed they were with the venue as well! Initially we were worried about the weather in June because we chose the Lavanda and tent for our ceremony and reception but we got really lucky, the high that day only got up to 80 degrees and it cooled down nicely in the evening. Mario Tavares who was the DJ recommended by Leal listened to our thoughts and ideas for music and ran with it! He did such a wonderful job of reading the crowd that by the end of the night our guests were begging him to stay for a couple hours longer! They couldn't get enough, which made us so happy because my biggest fear was that people wouldn't dance! Giselle Ribeiro whom is the florist also did a fabulous job! She took all of my Pinterest finds and make my vision come to life! Like I've mentioned several times in my review, we couldn't have been happier or more pleased with our experience! We would highly recommend this beautiful venue! #liveloveleal

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Angela C

I couldn't have asked for a better venue for my wedding. I wanted a barrel room for the reception and there's was just what I was looking for. Some barrell rooms look like warehouses or are too small but this one can fit up to 300 people and had a very romantic atmosphere. The... Read More vineyards and ground are just beautiful! You also have the option to rent their estate homes for the weekend which I highly recommend! They are the perfect getting ready homes. There are 2 of them...the bride's house and the groom's house. Both have 4 bedrooms and have a shabby chique interior. You can also have your wedding rehearsal dinner there which has gorgeous views of the vineyards. Everything is included when you book with Leal...the florist, DJ, cake person, catering, etc. And the coordinators, Owie and Kendra, were a pleasure to work with! Everyone was! Giselle, the florist, made all the bouquets and centerpieces exactly how I wanted them. The whole wedding planning experience with them was so organized! Our DJ played all the songs we requested and our guests danced the night away. Our wedding cake from their pastry chef was beautiful and the food was absolutely delicious! This place was a lot cheaper but just as beautiful than any winery or vineyard in Napa. I want to get married here again!

The winery wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Kristen C

This is the perfect venue for a winery wedding! The grounds are absolutely beautiful - imagine saying your I do's in front of beautiful, lush vineyards. Leal Vineyards also makes the wedding planning process super easy for brides - they partner with their own day-of coordinator,... Read More DJ, florist, and caterer. You won't have to do any more searching for your perfect venue. They also have two estate homes for your family to stay on property. You won't regret checking this venue out - I promise it's amazing!