Real Love, Real Life..Yours Forever!

I LOVE everything about Weddings! From the anticipation of you seeing each other for the first time, to dancing at the Reception & everything in between! It is an honor for me to be able to document such a special day in people's lives so you can re-live it over and over again. Please contact me directly at [email protected] so that we can discuss ALL the details of your wedding day!!

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

1429 Kearney Rd, Norfolk, VA Hampton Roads and Beyond (757) 635-5523
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Kelsey P

Our families agree, choosing Leigh Skaggs Photography was our BEST decision and our favorite of all our wedding vendors that contributed to our dream wedding day. Leigh, Jay, and Devon (sorry if I spelled that wrong?!) were incredible and SO much fun!! Everyone is swooning over... Read More our sneak peak pictures from last Saturday! They had everyone laughing and put everyone at ease...and definitely helped to keep me calm :) Not only were they capturing every happy moment, they essentially coordinated our whole day wedding day. They made sure everyone was where they needed to be and Jay even stepped up and sprinted to my bridal suite to grab my toss-bouquet for my reception before it was forgotten. Leigh and her team went above and beyond!! We are so grateful. THANK YOU! We love y'all!! -Kelsey & Nicholas

2017-03-19T07:41:59 Response from the vendor

Kelsey and Nicholas, It was an absolute pleasure to be involved with your beautiful wedding. The way you two look at each other made me smile all day! Thank you for choosing us to be part of all that love and happiness!! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Sarah I

Leigh was fabulous! I knew the moment that I met her that I had found the perfect photographer to capture our special day. Trust me, I had searched and met with quite a few photographers and I was about ready to give up on finding the right one. I am so thankful that I found... Read More her! She was kind, professional, and FUN! She really made me feel relaxed through all of the chaos that is wedding planning and throughout the entire wedding day in general. You could not ask for anyone better than Leigh! :-)

2016-05-17T16:06:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Sarah! This means so much to me! I wish you and Nicholas nothing but a long life of happiness! XOXO! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Khadeeja A

Leigh and Jay were so wonderful when they came to photograph my engagement! It was definitely a new experience since it was a Pakistani function done at my parents' home but Leigh just did such an amazing job! She knew exactly what kinds of photos we would like and managed to... Read More capture such beautiful moments over the course of the night. And we had our pictures back within a week which was so fantastic! Neither my fiance nor I had ever worked with a professional photographer before so we had no clue what to expect. But Leigh really knows how to put you at ease and the pictures turned out to be so wonderful and reflective of us.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Emmie G

We absolutely adore Leigh and her husband (Jay)! They shot our wedding on 11-19-16 & it was so much fun. I wanted outdoor photos & beach photos (yes, at the end of November!) & Leigh made that dream a reality. She also found a gorgeous spot for more outdoor photos once we... Read More finished at the beach. We had joked about Leigh having a time machine & being able to bend time so nothing could throw our photo timeline off track, but it was also like Leigh had a magical transportation device that took us far away from my hometown. We found a beach spot that looked like we were on a tropical island. I never dreamed that we would find such amazing spots for photos right here in our hometown! Leigh is extremely passionate about photography and she has so much positive, bright energy. My husband & I both went into our wedding day being a little camera shy, but that faded away immediately when we met Leigh. If you want a photographer who will do an amazing job & make all of your worries melt away, definitely choose Leigh & Jay! Their warm personalities made us feel as if we had known them for years, despite meeting them in person for the first time on our wedding day. Leigh got our photos to us in record time after the wedding & she was always just a phone call or a text away. Not only did I find a photographer in Leigh, but I also found a new friend! Thank you for making our wedding day so enjoyable, Leigh & Jay! We love all of our photos & we have gotten so many compliments on what an awesome job you did. You're amazing!!!

2016-12-27T06:43:16 Response from the vendor

We had the BEST time with you both!! Thank you so much for choosing us!! XOXO! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotogrpahy.net

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Aly C

I seriously cannot say enough great things about Leigh. She and Jay were so wonderful! She did such an amazing job with our engagement pictures. She was great at making my husband and I comfortable enough for the camera. Because of her, we finally have amazing family pictures... Read More with our furbabies. She was able to capture all of the moments that I wanted during the wedding and some more! All of our wedding pictures turned out beautiful and she definitely made it hard for us to choose which ones to print. :) Very quick turnaround for pictures. She was able to calm me down and help me not worry when I was running a little behind for the wedding ceremony. She definitely moves fast and was able to take great detail pictures of my dress, jewelry, shoes, etc. She is someone that I definitely want to be present to capture new moments as our new family grows.

2016-11-18T03:44:13 Response from the vendor

That you SO MUCH Alyson!! It was such a pleasure being part of your wedding!! Loved every minute! XOXO! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Alex N

Have you ever met someone and thought, “Yup, we’re going to get along swell.” When my wife and I hired Leigh and Jay to shoot our wedding we both had this thought and realized this was one of the best decisions we made (except for you know, getting married). Leigh was very... Read More thorough in preparing to shoot our wedding. She had us fill out some quick wedding questionnaires, desired photo lists, and then had a meeting with us over Skype to chat about what we wanted and all the extra things we may have wanted photographed but may not have thought to mention. Leigh’s attention to detail is simply incredible, and her ability to recall information about the wedding after a brief conversation was frankly remarkable. On the day of the wedding we were pleased with their laid back shooting style that put even the most camera shy person at ease. They came with a plan for shooting bridal party and family photos, and went with the flow when things got held up with other parts of the wedding. They kept us on our timeline and made sure we had everything we requested. The photos that Leigh and Jay took are absolutely stunning. Leigh’s ability to find, and on occasion make, pretty light is one of the many things that make her an exceptional photographer. They also indulged our nerdy, playful side throughout the day (#lightsaber) and we had a lot of fun hanging out with them. It is important that you like your wedding photographer, you spend a lot of time with them on your wedding day. If you want stellar pictures and like to have fun and laugh a lot, I would suggest you go with Leigh and Jay.

2016-10-18T05:20:09 Response from the vendor

I <3 you and Kristen!! Thank you SO MUCH for choosing Jay and I!! Leigh Skaggs www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Andi S

Love love love! Leigh was recommend to me by another friend and I really liked her pictures. For us, picking a photographer was one of the most important decisions and we decided on Leigh because we loved her pictures and her personality! She was incredibly helpful through the... Read More whole process, and even made us a timeline for the day of the wedding. She, her husband Jay, and assistants were are easy to work with and fun. She made the day less stressful which was so nice! I would definitely recommend her to anyone that wants great pictures and a stress free day :-)

2016-10-04T06:25:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to be part of such an amazing day!! XOXO! Leigh Skaggs www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Marlon C

I was so impressed with the work of Leigh and her team at a friends wedding that it was if the utmost importance that I had to make her a part of my wedding. There wasn't a single missed moment or piece of undocumented love throughout our experience together. Do the right thing... Read More for your wedding and use Leigh for special moments.

2016-10-04T06:26:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this kind review! It was so great to be able to capture all your special moments!! XOXO! Leigh Skaggs www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Kendall M

My husband and I interviewed a few photographers for our June wedding because we had a specific vision we wanted to create. Leigh was able to bring that vision to life! (Very easily I might add!) Leigh and her husband Jay are two of the absolute best photographers I have ever... Read More met! Right from the first time we met I knew they were going to make my dream wedding day perfect, simply because of their amazing personalities! Not once did I stop laughing. They are hilarious! Towards the beginning I shared my concerns with Leigh (which side is my "better" side, I wanted more bridal shots and less party/dancing shots, etc.) She was able to personalize her list of pictures based on what I wanted. It was amazing. Leigh and Jay EXCEEDED all expectations. I wish I could get married again just to hang out with them!!

2016-06-29T11:35:49 Response from the vendor

You don't have to get married again to hang out with us!! Just let me know the next time you are in Norfolk! Dinner is on me!! :-) Absolutely LOVED EVERYTHING about your wedding!! Thank you so much for choosing us to be part of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Christa K

Leigh is AMAZING! Photography for our wedding was something my now husband and I took very seriously. These pictures are of the most important day of our lives and we wanted to make sure we had an experienced photographer who could capture them, afterall, its one day and you get... Read More one shot! We spent hours researching photographers. After reading all the outstanding reviews on Leigh, we reached out to her to set up a meeting. We met with her and feel in love with her personality and work, we signed a contract that night! It was the best decision we could have made! She exceeded all of our expectations and is so wonderful to work with! She will keep you smiling and laughing throughout the whole day too! Our wedding day went so smoothly and Leigh had a lot to do with that, she worked so well with all of our vendors. Our engagement and wedding pictures turned out better than we could have imagined, they are everything we wanted and more!! We seriously cannot thank Leigh enough for everything she did for us!! We love you Leigh!!

2016-05-31T04:24:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing things you said about me!! I had the BEST time at your wedding and thank you so much for choosing me!! Can't wait to see what the future holds for you two! XOXO! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Felicia K

Leigh was amazing she made our wedding pictures exactly what we wanted and more! She was so involved and took every single picture she possibly could. Her husband was right there with her helping every step of the way they were an awesome team! When my husband and I met we did... Read More the wobble together so we had to have that song at our wedding but we needed a reminder of how to do it and leigh stepped right on that dance floor and helped all of us do the dance best photographer I could have asked for to make our wedding complete Thank you both so much! I would recommend her to all brides! It's really hard trying to find the perfect photographer but I found mine!

2016-05-25T10:20:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We had a BLAST at your wedding! Working with you two was so much fun and I loved wobbling with you all!! :-) XOXO! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Colleen D

Leigh was so much fun to work with - totally worth the price! Her products are great.

2016-04-25T13:21:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Colleen! It was great being a part of your day! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Katie H

Leigh Skaggs has been nothing short of amazing since the moment we met her! She met us for coffee near our house in April 2015 and we discussed her plans and possibilities of hiring her for a June 2016 wedding. Before talk turned to business she got to know me and my wife, our... Read More story, our wedding plans, our hobbies, etc. and we quickly knew she was the one for us. My wife was so excited she had my hand in a death grip underneath the table. Leigh impressed me because she was personable and she listened to not just my wife, but me as the groom(to-be). She offered her couples a free engagement session if she was hired. She asked what our ideas would be and I mentioned we love Fall seasons for its activities like apple-picking and it turned out Leigh and her family visit the same orchard in Charlottesville. Without hesitation Leigh opened her calendar to find an open weekend and we planned a trip in October with her family. October had come and Leigh was really great to coordinate details with my wife prior to our shoot. We showed up early to the orchard on such a beautiful day, couldn't ask for better. Her husband Jay, and kids Morgan and Truman were blast to hang out with. They create such a warm, inviting atmosphere that it felt like we were family too just enjoying a day together. We were so relaxed the photos were a breeze, Leigh was patient, knew which angle and poses to get the best quality. They turned out amazing! After the shoot we updated Leigh that our venue may change and she was supportive and told us that she would work with us on whatever we chose. Not long after October our plans changed drastically due to financial reasons and we reached out to Leigh about a date change to December 2015, just two months away! She was quick to respond about availability and plans. We cut back from an elaborate wedding at the Half Moone Cruise and Celebration Center to a house wedding in Carrollton, VA. Leigh was so kind to fit us in her busy schedule around the holidays. We got married on Dec. 20, 2015 on that Sunday morning with a Christmas brunch theme. She was prompt with her husband Jay and her wingman. They took care of some before pictures and the bridal party before I arrived. Jay managed to take some great photos of my dad and I getting ready. They worked with our setting to get the best angles and the layout. The photos were amazing, they captured every great moment! After the ceremony during family group photos Jay was quick to get anything we needed whether it was water, a tissue, or a strong mimosa! He also manned the "photo booth" room filled with props and we managed to get wonderful photos of family while we were busy. Just like at the orchard they managed to bring a fun, relaxed energy to the room that made taking pictures easy and getting everyone to have a genuine smile. She took advantage of a golden opportunity during pictures outside with our bridal party. An antique car drove up that happened to match our wedding colors. No one was more excited than Leigh! The owner was nice enough to allow us to take pictures with and around it. We love our photos of both engagement and our wedding, great quality for a good price. Leigh (and family) did a fantastic job, I couldn't have asked for better. Hiring Leigh is more like gaining a friend or extended family. We've even discussed using Leigh for a photo shoot with our dogs when the weather gets warmer. We have found a photographer for life, and we couldn't be happier.

2016-03-24T07:23:29 Response from the vendor

This totally made me cry! Love you two!! Thanks for the amazing review!! XOXO! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Disney wedding!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Lorraine T

Leigh is very enthusiastic, creative, kind and so much fun to work with! She was great with communicating with me and keeping me in the loop about everything. Any questions I had about anything she was prompt with responses. She was pumped with our theme being just as big as a... Read More Disney/Harry Potter nerd as we are! I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for an awesome wedding photographer. My advice would be to book in advance her spots fill up fast!The pictures came out amazing and I'm overly pleased with the service I received. Thank you so much Leigh! You rock!

2016-03-24T07:27:26 Response from the vendor

I absolutely LOVED your wedding!! Made me feel like I was in a fairytale all day! Thank you for choosing me!! XOXO! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Great photos and experience

Reviewed on 1/06/2016

My wife and I decided on an intimate ceremony and begin researching photographers. When she came across Leigh, she was dead set on hiring her. After talking with Leigh via phone/email we signed a contract. The first thing I loved is Leigh had us fill out a form so she could... Read More get to know us and our relationship. On the day of our ceremony, Leigh was early and ready to work! Our photographs took about two hours and her husband assisted her. Those two together are a riot. She gave us this absolutely incredible, fun and unforgettable feeling during the entire time she took photos. She's fun, reliable, incredibly talented and her prices are hard to beat for the level of quality she gives. We'll be going to Leigh for all of our future professional photography needs. Absolutely recommend!

2016-01-26T12:22:59 Response from the vendor

I absolutely LOVED being a part of your day!! Thank you so much for choosing us!! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 11/15/2015

Leigh Skaggs was great to work with from the initial interview through the entire wedding day. We had a fun and beautiful engagement session on the beach and she makes the whole process enjoyable. Leigh and her team made the wedding day fun and stress free. They were punctual... Read More and kept the timeline tight and everyone moving in the right direction. Not to mention the amazing photos she took. We are thrilled we made the decision to choose Leigh for our wedding photos.

2015-11-16T04:27:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Marley for your wonderful review! We had the best time at your and Dave's Water Table wedding! Thank you for choosing us!! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Leigh Skaggs Photography Review

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Erin D

Leigh is such an incredibly talented photographer! We were so happy to have her and her crew capture our wonderful day. She was so accommodating to our crazy schedules, and happy to come up to Williamsburg for both our engagement shoot and our wedding. Leigh made sure to get all... Read More of the shots we asked for – and plenty more! She helped take charge of the often-distracted wedding party to effectively get the pictures done before the sun went down. We absolutely loved having such a creative, enthusiastic, and dedicated photographer, it really made our day that much more enjoyable! DJ and I have loved all of her beautiful photos, and were so delighted that she sent a “sneak peek” over the day after our wedding! We couldn’t have asked for a better photography team.

2015-11-03T08:21:37 Response from the vendor

It was such an amazing pleasure to be a part of your beautiful wedding!! Thank you so much for choosing me!! Leigh Skaggs Photography www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Amanda F

We had so much fun having our photos taken by Leigh. She can get a smile out of anyone! The photos looked amazing every time, with the most vibrant colors- she knows how to work with the light she's given in any environment (indoor/outdoor, sunny/rainy). She was always on time,... Read More if not early, for every photo shoot and the wedding. Photographers in general are pretty expensive, so if you're looking to do more than just wedding photos, she also can book a set that includes and engagement photo session, bridal portrait session, and then the wedding/reception. Everything turned out beautiful.

2015-11-03T08:22:23 Response from the vendor

Being a part of your wedding day was so much fun! Thank you for choosing me!! Leigh Skaggs Photography www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Best Photographer EVER!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Tracey M

I met with Leigh and instantly knew she was our pick. She made everything so easy from the very beginning. My dad RAVED about how "in control but fun" she was during the family pictures. Leigh brought 2 other people with her to help facilitate our day. It went so smoothly... Read More and we got all the shots we wanted. Leigh got me preview pictures the following day (which were awesome!). Then I had my complete album by 3 weeks after the wedding. And the photos are excellent - you can tell Leigh has been doing weddings for a while and has a great eye for a good shot. I would highly recommend Leigh Skaggs for your wedding photographer.

2015-11-03T08:23:04 Response from the vendor

I absolutely LOVED being a part of your wedding! It was a blast! Thanks for choosing me!! Leigh Skaggs Photography www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Amazing Photographer = Beautiful Photos!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Jenna T

We used Leigh for our engagement, rehearsal dinner, and wedding photos. Do not hesitate to book Leigh as your wedding photographer. First, she is extremely organized, professional, friendly, and fun! She ensured the wedding day ran smoothly and efficiently. She took all the... Read More photos we requested - and so many more! I have been in several weddings and I have never seen a more organized family portrait session - Leigh's organization allowed us plenty of time to enjoy cocktail hour! Additionally, we had so.much.fun with Leigh! Your photographer is the one person you spend the majority of your wedding day with, so you want to actually enjoy being around the person! That wasn't an issue with Leigh and her great team. Leigh also had a fast turnaround for her photos! You can tell she worked very hard to get them done within a reasonable amount of time after the wedding (I've heard horror stories about other photographers taking forever to finish wedding photos months after the event). Next, and most importantly, the photos Leigh took were GORGEOUS. I don't think anyone else could have captured all the love, joy, and pretty-ness that day better than Leigh did. I have SO many favorite photos, and she really helped bring the memories of the day to life. She even managed to capture some shots of the bald eagle that flew in front of our guests as the ceremony was starting!! Finally, the value for Leigh's photos is incomparable. Leigh is VERY reasonably priced for the quality of photography that she produces and what she includes in her packages. Leigh was definitely our favorite vendor!!

2015-10-06T10:10:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing me to be a part of such an AMAZING day!! We love you and Bob!! XOXO!! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Emily

Leigh was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was fun to work with and easy going, but she was also very professional and organized. She kept on top of all of the different group photos so that we could get them done quickly and get back to enjoying our wedding. She really... Read More knows what she’s doing and was so helpful throughout the entire day. And the photographs are beautiful and the best quality. In addition to all of the photos of my husband and me, I loved all of the photos of the event, from the décor and food to great shots of our guests enjoying the wedding. We also had a great time with Leigh shooting engagement photos. I would highly recommend Leigh as a photographer, she did a fantastic job!

2015-08-30T10:39:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!! It was a pleasure to be part of your wedding!! I loved meeting your Family and documenting your amazing day!! Thank you so much for choosing me!! XOXO! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Fun and Fabulous

Reviewed on 8/28/2015

Leigh was a true pleasure to work with. She was incredibly professional, but her fun personality made her incredibly easy to work with and she fit right in to our small ceremony. Neither my husband nor I are one for pictures, but she worked with us and got some amazing pictures... Read More of the day. The pictures were amazing, and really captured the two of us. We got them back in about 2-3 weeks and couldn't be happier! I definitely recommend her for any event!

2015-11-03T08:23:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing me to be a part of your wedding! It was such an honor! Leigh Skaggs Photography www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Remy K

Leigh Skaggs is an incredibly talented photographer! She does phenomenal work and my husband and I are so glad that we chose her to capture our big day! Since meeting with her, we could tell that she was professional and very passionate about what she does. We loved our... Read More engagement photo shoot with her and we couldn't wait till our wedding to see even more beautiful pictures from her. We were beyond excited with how beautiful each and every photo came out for our wedding. She is so talented and makes you feel so comfortable and at ease. She is hilarious and will go above and beyond the call of duty to get the perfect shot, her dedication is tremendous! My husband and I could not be happier with Leigh's exceptional work! :)

2015-08-26T04:15:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Remy! You and Mike are the best and it was a blast being part of your wedding day!! XOXO! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 Jessica M

Leigh Skaggs and her team were amazing. My engagement and wedding photos were better than I could have imagined. She captured every moment and my pictures were given to me very quickly! I would highly recommend Leigh Skaggs photography.I couldn't ask for a better experience.

2015-08-26T04:14:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jessica!! It was a blast working for you and Oliver!! I loved every minute of your wedding day! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Alena C

Leigh was hands down one of the best decisions we made. She is so professional, responsive and ridiculously on time if not early! In a sea of vendors that can take a while to respond (even after not so gentle prodding) Leigh was a breath of fresh air she would ALWAYS reach back... Read More out to me within 24 hours. When we told her where we wanted to take our engagement pictures not only did she wholeheartedly agree, but she already had so many awesome idea on how to pose us to take full advantage of the surrounding neighborhood and scenery. She is the most down to earth woman and she made us feel comfortable the instant we met her. We originally thought taking pictures would be weird and make us feel stiff, but with Leigh it was seriously a breeze and even really fun! On our wedding she even maneuvered around our crazy family and made it look effortless even though is was probably 800 degrees. On both occasions (engagement and wedding) we had the sneak peek within a day and fully edited pictures within a week. Leigh is an absolute blessing during the storm that is wedding planning. I highly recommend her to anyone and everyone!

2015-07-06T09:36:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Alena and Luke for choosing me to be a part of your wedding day! I had a blast and it was such a pleasure to work with your two and document your wedding day! XOXO! Leigh www.leighskaggsphotography.net

Leigh Skaggs

I am a wedding photographer who feels lucky every day to do a job I love so much! Next to being a wife and Mom to my own Family, capturing your memories is one of the most important things I will ever do! It means so much to me that Brides and Grooms choose me to document these special moments for them to share with their kids and grandkids forever.