A Full-Service & Historic Special Events Venue

Lillian Gardens is a full-service event venue dedicated to providing professional planning services for all special occasions, while ensuring unique client experiences in a beautiful, fully-restored, southern antebellum mansion and garden.  We offer services for weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, showers, tea parties, luncheons, anniversary parties, holiday parties, family reunions, and more!  Our on-site event coordinators assist you from start to finish to ensure your wedding or special event is everything you envisioned while our in-house catering works with you to customize a menu that suits both your individual taste and budget!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue

83 Greenville Street, Newnan, GA (770) 251-1206

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Sarah J

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding in May 2017. This venue was absolutely beautiful. Charming, welcoming feeling with wonderful upgrades. The gardens were landscaped wonderfully with colorful, blooming plants in a spacious yet cozy space. The coordinator/owner, Ashley, and staff... Read More were very accommodating, very kind and understanding and seemingly always one step ahead. We had a great time singing, dancing and celebrating the night away. This is a great venue for your ceremony, reception or any gathering that needs that special touch.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Megan S

Whether you are looking to host an intimate family gathering or an extravagant wedding & reception for 200 guests, Lillian Gardens is an event venue to consider! Ashley and her staff are amazing to work with and the house & grounds are absolutely beautiful. My baby shower was... Read More held here in August 2016 and everything turned out perfect, and the guests couldn't stop raving about it! My wedding was also here in May 2017 and everything was perfect - it was the wedding of my dreams! I highly recommend Lillian Gardens to all of my friends and family!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Angela B

We had a cocktail reception at Lillian Gardens on 5/5/17, the evening before our wedding. Even though our wedding wasn't at Lillian Gardens, Ashley and her staff were AMAZING to us - they constantly went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect for us and our guests.... Read More Professional, caring, and personable. We absolutely loved everything about the venue and team - highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

A warm and cozy place owned and managed by a professional who cares about the customer. The original venue had cancelled. Mike was so supportive in a difficult circumstance. His advice was full of concern for us. Then we had rain and rain and rain the days before the wedding.... Read More It seemed the dream of an outdoor ceremony was gone. But, less than 3 hours before the wedding tha rain stopped. Mike and his staff scrambled to move all chairs and flowers for the garden wedding. My daughter and son-in-law are still talking about the wonderful memories they have of their wedding day

Reviewed on 10/04/2015

I had the pleasure of being part of the bridal party last night at the Mader wedding at Something Special. I can honestly say this was the most organized, special, flawless and beautiful wedding I have been to. Everyone on the staff was polite, helpful and on top of everything.... Read More Michael was amazing. The venue itself is extremely clean and accomodating. The bridal suite layout is perfect for several ladies getting ready. The flow of entertaining the guests and the layout of the rooms was perfect. From the time we got there to the time we packed up and left everything went seamlessly well. I highly recommend Michael and his team....and especially the house and grounds....OH and the food!! So good!! Thank you all for making my friend's day just perfect!! - Debbie Davis

Great Garden Venue & Easy To Work With

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Michael H

Mike, owner of Something Special was more than accommodating for my wedding! We told him we were going to have 150 guests and ended up with more than that. We had two wedding coordinators that helped us along the way from deciding the order of the service to decorating the... Read More tables and venue. We had both the rehearsal dinner and reception here as well, which went perfect. The food was amazing! I highly recommend the Corn Casserole and the Mushroom Chicken if it is available! We had our wedding in November and this venue was perfect for the fall wedding that my bride wanted. The garden is decorated beautifully with flowers and the trees were filled with fall colors. I wouldn't have changed one thing we did and highly applaud Mike and his staff!! 10 out of 10!

Something Special Events - really is!

Reviewed on 3/05/2014

Something Special Events has always been a top favorite for my family. Our neighborhood association was formed there as well as our Newnan Carnegie Library Association. Something Special Events always says “Yes!” to our requests. It is not only a top choice for civic and... Read More business programs, it was our pick for our daughter’s wedding reception. The charm and warmth of a landmark home is so much more inviting that a sterile event center. Guests all want to linger awhile. Our most recent venture into Something Special Events was a Carnegie Library fundraiser – a cooking school featuring Italian cuisine. Since everyone knows and loves Something Special, selling tickets was a breeze! With the great input from the staff and meticulous attention to detail - it all added to Success!

Fairy Tail Wedding

Reviewed on 2/03/2014 Jessica M

There isn't enough good that can be said about this place! The staff, the beautiful venue, the food, everything!! This place will defiantly make you feel like a princess. Every single guest complemented me on the wonderful choice for a wedding. Highly recommended!

Fantastic Historic home with great staff!

Reviewed on 4/19/2013 Carly S

We wanted a reception venue other than a traditional ballroom. We found Something Special in downtown Newnan and it was perfect! Mike, the owner, is fantastic to work with. He was so accommodating and open to all of our ideas (including squeezing a taco truck from Atlanta... Read More into the courtyard). He was truly a pleasure to work with! The historic home is beautiful, it has antique décor, but everything is clean and in good-shape. He is also a master-gardener and the back garden is breath-taking. Something Special offers a beautiful gazebo in the garden for wedding ceremonies; however, we just held our reception there. His catering staff is great, and the food was really delicious. We had heavy appetizers since we also had the food truck. Mike helps take care of everything, including recommending local vendors. He also provided the option of a wedding coordinator (for a great price!) Carol, our coordinator, was so helpful the day of the wedding and helped make sure everything went smoothly. We also used Martin Rudy and his musicians (as recommended by Mike) for background music and they were phenomenal as well. Also the price for the venue and services was extremely reasonable! I can’t say enough good things about Mike and Something Special, they really helped make our wedding day everything I dreamed it would be!

2013-09-05T13:57:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Carly, we work so hard to make your day "Something Special" and I am so glad that you appreciate all that we do. Thanks for the wonderful review, Mike Meyer

BEST NIGHT!

Reviewed on 3/26/2013 ashley b

Hi Everyone, So my mother-in-law was in charge of the rehearsal dinner...she was so stressed about picking the right place too!! When she met with the company Something Special they really did ease her mind! They were so helpful and professional throughout the entire planning... Read More process and not to mention the night of. I remember the day before we were still hectically making changes and we added 15 people to the dinner! But much to our surprise they did not mind one bit and were very accommodating! This truly is a special and very very beautiful place. I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone for any event, they will do anything they can to make it unique to your event.

A Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Melissa M

I would recommend Something Special Events to anyone interesting in getting married around the Atlanta area. It was perfect for me because of their "wedding package." It covers the cost of everything they can do in-house. So catering, pianist, simple linens, cake, photography,... Read More wedding coordinators, etc. are all covered and I think all I had to pay for was decorations, flowers, and the DJ. I got money back for not using a pianist. While this is the practical reason for choosing SS, the place is just beautiful. An antebellum home with a garden and ballroom. Gorgeous. On top of all this, Mike Meyers, who runs SS, has such great relationships the other vendors that the event ran so smoothly.

Something Special

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Emily K

This is a fantastic venue in historic downtown Newnan! The owner is fantastic. Great value, great price, great food, and great service. My wedding was gorgeous, and all my guests had a great time!

Ashley Keeley Bercich

My career in weddings and events started as a hobby for my friends and family and I feel incredibly fortunate to now have the opportunity to do what I love and call it work! I am passionate about each and every event we have the privilege to be a part of and I listen intently to our clients to ensure our team brings our client's vision to life. The best part about my job is knowing I get to help create the memories that our clients and their guests will cherish for a lifetime!