Linden Place Mansion

Bristol, RI

Book Your Wedding with Linden Place Mansion

A BALLROOM IN BRISTOL, RI

Linden Place Mansion is an 1810 Federal-style mansion museum located in heart of downtown Bristol, Rhode Island. The Friends of Linden Place, a nonprofit group, works to restore, preserve and promote the historic building. The museum, which was featured in the 1974 movie "The Great Gatsby," offers tours, special events and educational programs and it is available for wedding ceremonies, receptions and photo sessions. Ceremonies take place in a rose garden filled with sculptures, Greek bronzes and an 18th century gazebo.

The Ballroom and Tented Courtyard. The Ballroom hosts receptions, but in the event of inclement weather, it can be converted to a chapel for a ceremony in front of the large working fireplace. The space includes hardwood floors, exposed beam ceilings and large carriage house doors. The Ballroom alone can accommodate up to 130 guests for a seated dinner. When it is combined with the adjacent tented courtyard, the space accommodates up to 200 guests for dinner. The 20-by-40-foot tent has sides, lighting and hardwood flooring.

Wedding packages provide an eight-hour block of time, which includes a two-hour setup time, a five-hour event and one-hour clean up time. The package gives couples use of the east rose garden for their wedding ceremony and use of the mansion, carriage house ballroom and adjacent tented courtyard for their reception. Wedding packages also include:

• Use of full catering kitchen by one of the caterers found on the venue's list of approved caterers
  • Exclusive use of the property on the wedding day with a flexible time frame for events
  • Use of the grounds and mansion for photos for two hours prior to the wedding
  • Use of tables and chairs for both the garden ceremony and reception
  • Bride’s dressing room for two hours prior to the ceremony
  • On-site rehearsal
  • Hostesses to secure Linden Place and its collection
  • Coordination of deliveries and services

Wedding guests are welcome to tour the Linden Place Mansion including the Bristol Art Museum, located in a 19th century barn. In addition, the Bristol area has many historic landmarks to explore. A Bristol Explorer Multi-Attraction Pass allows guests to visit the Audubon Society of Rhode Island, Blithewold Mansion Gardens & Arboretum, Coggeshall Farm Museum, the Herreshoff Marine Museum and Linden Place. Nearby Bristol Prudence Island Ferry and Independence Park offer outdoor adventure.

Linden Place Mansion & Museum, Bristol

Four Presidents were entertained at Linden Place. Now its your turn. Host your celebration at Linden Place where your guests will enjoy the beauty of our rose and sculpture gardens, the splendor of our turn-of-the-century ballroom and the magnificence of our gracious Federal-style mansion rooms,

• Outdoor - Covered

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony

Ballroom, Barn, Estate, Museum, Historic Venue, Tented

Planning

500 Hope Street, Bristol, RI (401) 253-0390

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Ashley R

Linden Place could not be more beautiful. While my husband and I were touring it as a potential venue I turned around and looked at him and he whispered to me "oh this is it"! We just got married there on September 17th and it was everything we dreamed of and more. We had our... Read More ceremony in the garden and our reception in the ball room (but looks more like a carriage house which we loved) and I loved how our guests could go and walk around the inside of the mansion during cocktail hour. We got so many compliments how amazing and how cool the venue was. Susan the site administrator is super friendly, and helpful and was quick to respond to my e-mails. The rest of the Linden Place staff was helpful as well especially Eileen. There was some confusion with some of the bridal on when they were supposed to walk but Eileen came over and straightened everyone out and it all went perfectly. So if you're looking for that Newport Mansion type wedding but don't have the budget and don't like the stuffiness of those massive Newport Mansion's with a million rules you need to follow, then Linden Place is the perfect spot.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Bethany C

We got married at Linden Place last month and are still on cloud nine after our perfect day. I'm originally from Rhode Island but live out of state. When I came home to look at venues, I was struck by the beauty of the museum/gardens (which I had visited as a little girl) and... Read More at how accommodating their staff was. Susan was always responsive to my emails/calls and provided us with helpful hints/reminders along the way. Planning an out of state wedding is hard, so having a patient staff was incredibly important to me. On a personal note, the kindness of their staff really made an impression on us. It's the kind of kindness I don't think we would have found at other venues. My mother has multiple sclerosis so it is often hard for her to get around (especially in the summer). Linden Place opened up for us a half hour early to accommodate my Mom's disability which allowed us to get her settled before the ceremony. This not only kept our photos/ceremony/reception on schedule, but made my Mom's day a lot easier. On the day of our rehearsal, the Director of Linden Place even met us to see if there was anything he and his staff could do leading up to the wedding. Linden Place was the perfect wedding venue. We were able to get married in the gardens, have our cocktail hour outside (until it rained!) and then had a perfect reception in the carriage house (with newly finished floors btw!) I would recommend Linden Place over and over again. And a huge thank you to their entire staff for everything they did to help make our day perfect.

A dream location for our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Jessica T

We absolutely fell in love with Linden Place as soon as we saw it. It has such a classic, romantic feel to it and we love the surrounding cute town as well! There are so many unique places for pictures and we loved that you could be out on the grounds, or in the tent, or in the... Read More main reception hall throughout the wedding. The staff was very accomodating and answered any little questions we had throughout the whole planning process.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Kristina M

Susan and the staff st Linden Place were wonderful to work with. We had an amazing wedding day. I wish we could rewind the day again. I loved all the history of the mansion. The garden and carriage house made for a beautiful backdrop for our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Katie F

I can't imagine a better wedding venue than Linden Place! I knew well before I became engaged that this would be our top choice. It is such a unique space; from the mansion itself to the beautiful gardens to the rustic carriage house, it makes for an incredible backdrop. The... Read More staff at Linden Place is just as fabulous as the space. Susan was especially incredible to work with. She was so super helpful throughout our entire process and was able to offer some great suggestions when we had to re-arrange our ceremony and cocktail hour due to rain. Despite the rain, the entire event was flawless. Having everything take place inside the carriage house, made for an intimate and cozy experience. We wouldn't change anything and will definitely recommend Linden Place to friends and family! It was the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Colleen H

My husband and I had a wonderful experience having our wedding at Linden Place. Susan, our contact there, was a pleasure to work with and was so helpful, facilitating our planning process and always put us at ease when we had questions or concerns. The venue is absolutely... Read More beautiful and we got amazing photos both in the mansion and on the grounds. We could not have asked for a better wedding venue for both our ceremony and reception!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Amanda H

Linden Place is a dream venue!! My husband and I were engaged for years before we stumbled upon this gem and it was so worth the wait! Everything about Linden Place is perfection. From the gardens outside providing a stunning ceremony backdrop, to the carriage house's golden... Read More brick fireplace to the massive amount of history in the museum. Our guests raved about the venue and how perfect and classy it was! It is pure perfection! Not to mention Bristol is the most adorable town for your guests to make a weekend out of! Most of our guests booked Air B&B's around the area and we essentially took over the town! Susan was a dream to work with - she was super responsive and patient with all of my questions. She worked with me on every request I had and was always super accommodating. Wedding planning is super stressful and I couldn't imagine working with anyone but Susan and the Linden Place staff! My husband and I will be visiting Linden Place for years and years to come!!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Kira D

Linden Place Mansion and Susan Battle truly made our wedding dreams and vision a reality and event that everyone in our lives cannot stop talking about! We were married in the back garden of Linden Place and hosted our reception in the carriage house on October 8th, 2016, yet we... Read More fell in love with Susan, Linden Place and Bristol Rhode Island almost 2 years prior. I had always wanted an intimate tent wedding on the grounds of a beautiful estate and we searched many options throughout New England. What I started to realize as we searched is that the interiors of tents take A LOT of extra money and effort to aesthetically finesse and that grand, historic estates have A LOT of restrictions. LP was the last stop in a very long day of venue hunting and we almost decided to skip, as the initial images we saw online did not match what I thought I wanted in my head. After driving down the main street of Bristol and seeing the carriage house, back garden and gorgeous staircase inside the mansion I was hooked- the icing on the cake though was Susan, who was SO incredibly welcoming and gave us a MILLION great recommendations that very first day- before we had officially booked LP, based on Susan's recommendation we had already booked a room block at the Bristol Harbor Inn! Every single experience with LP from beginning to end was amazing and after obsessing about weddings for over 2 years, I literally cannot think of a single venue that would have been as supportive and accommodating in making our dreams come true. The vision in my head required working with multiple vendors and creating details and arrangements that had never been done within the space, yet every vendor we hired had amazing things to say about their experiences at Linden Place and felt confident that LP was the perfect venue to execute our vision- throughout the planning we were validated over and over again that we had made the right choice. As for our actual wedding day, the entire LP team was AMAZING in coordinating our wedding needs, along with the needs of the museum and they made all of our guests feel comfortable and welcome. Everything was so smooth and organized- I didn't feel rushed or pushed at any point during the day! LP provided a flexible and intimate venue for the romantic New England fall wedding fantasy we envisioned in our heads and the comfort, convenience and welcoming tone of the town of Bristol made the entire weekend enjoyable and easy for our guests- the charm of LP truly matches the charm of the surrounding town. We genuinely cannot say enough about our experience and wedding at LP and are so grateful that our wedding videos and pictures allow us to relive the weekend over and over and over. We also received as a wedding gift, a beautiful framed drawing of Linden Place and it hangs in a place of honor in our home. Linden Place will always be one of the most special and significant places in our life and we look forward to returning to Bristol and LP as often as possible in the years to come.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Alayna W

Linden Place was the most amazing wedding venue. We had our February 19th wedding there and could not be more pleased. Susan and her team were absolutely amazing to work with from the first stages of planning through the end. The venue is truly stunning and perfect for a... Read More wedding.

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Nicole R

Susan, the coordinator, is everybody's dream go-to person. She is quick to respond, knowledgeable, super friendly, and extremely helpful. The grounds are beautiful..you would never know what is behind Linden Place from the street. The ballroom is gorgeous - warm and rustic, with... Read More large wooden beams and a gorgeous fireplace. It barely needs any decor! The price for what you get is reasonable compared to other venues. The whole venue is perfect!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Casey P

Linden Place is an absolutely stunning venue, and Susan was so very helpful throughout the wedding process. She was thoughtful in checking in with us and answering any questions we had. Our wedding was a very DIY project and we did all our own flowers and decorations. Susan was... Read More not only understanding, but went above and beyond to make sure we could have the wedding we wanted. She even kept an eye on the weather all week, and when it was taking a turn for the worst came up with and offered up an option to make sure our cocktail hour didn't leave our guests wind-swept and drenched. I would recommend this beautiful space over and over again to anyone not only because it is stunning, but because the staff is so lovely - You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Elizabeth L

I got married here in September and could not speak more highly of the venue and staff. If you are looking for something elegant, classy, and stress free, Linden Place gives you just that! The staff went above and beyond on the day of when we did not have a basket for the flower... Read More girl by providing their own and spray painting the basket in any color I wanted! Susan responds to emails and calls quickly and makes sure everything is exactly how you imagine. My husband and I are extremely happy with the services and our guests are still commenting on the venue. Thank you Linden Place!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Kayla A

Linden Place an an absolutely gorgeous place to get married. Everything about the mansion, the yard, the ballroom and the tented courtyard yells romance! Our guests could not get over the details of the mansion and the grounds. Everyone at Linden Place is a pleasure to work... Read More with, Susan, our main contact was always very responsive and helpful with any questions, concerns and recommendations. The staff available the night of the wedding were also great and very accommodating. We had plans to get married out in the yard but due to rain we moved it into the ballroom and it ended up looking absolutely beautiful. It turned out to be a day to never forget and our guests are still talking about it! I cannot recommend Linden Place as a wedding venue anymore!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Abigail C

What a gorgeous backdrop for our Great Gatsby wedding! The nerd in me was over the moon about the history (4 presidents have stayed there and it was the set for the 1970s movie adaptation of the book) and the Bristolian in me could not resist the romantic charm! Susan Battle is... Read More so kind and easy to work with, she recommended excellent caterers and also gave us private tours to help us make our decisions. Book early, as this gem fills up quick and you won't want to miss out!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016

Linden Place was such a perfect venue for a late April wedding with approx. 120 guests in the carriage house. The outdoor ceremony was beautiful given the weather was perfect and the magnolia tree was just coming into bloom. The backdrop of the mansion could not have been more... Read More stunning for wedding party photos. And inside the mansion had so many special places for the most unusual photos as well. Susan was always very helpful with all questions no matter big or small. It was really stress free once the day began as all the details were carried out as we wished!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Marissa S

Hidden gem in Bristol! I've know about Linden Place ever since I was younger when I attended a family wedding there. Special shoutout to my cousin, JC! So much love for you! The years passed by, and then my parents for the last few years have rented houses in the area so we... Read More would go up there during the summertime. Walking around the town of Bristol and just passing Linden Place always made me think that this could be the place where I want to get married. A month ago that wish came true and it was the best day ever. It now holds a very special place in our hearts. The day couldn't of been more perfect. Susan Battle was such a huge help during the whole wedding process. She was very responsive to any emails or calls, and she answered every question in full details leading up to the big day. If you have an question, she's got an answer! Couldn't of done this without her! The day of the wedding , everything was beautiful! From the flowers, to the food, music, etc. everything just ran so smoothly and how we wanted it. A few of my favorite things about Linden Place is that they have the gardens in the back where you can have your ceremony, cocktail hour can be on the grounds and inside the mansion( our guests enjoyed this!) and then there is the beautiful and intimate ballroom which I absolutely love for the reception. It was such an amazing day. Linden place is a true gem that will make your day special and memorable.

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Tanya D

We toured about 7 venues and nothing compared to Linden Place for us. It offered the perfect mix of rustic/romantic for my wife and I. We feel in love with the garden where the ceremony took place along with the reception hall that has brick walls with high wood beam ceilings.... Read More We also were happy to hear that they offered a plan B in case of rain. There is a tent that is premaritally set up off the side of the reception hall and if it had rained, the ceremony would have taken place in the hall, gone under the tent for cocktail hour while the caterer flipped it for dinner and then back into the hall. Luckily, we didn't have to resort to this as the weather was perfect. A few things that we weren't too thrilled about... right when our ceremony started, one of the neighbors whose backyard touches Linden's grounds decided to start running their leaf blower right up against their fence. There was a cop on duty so my wife told her to please go ask him to turn it off (we were having a quick 15 minute ceremony). When the cop went over, the neighbor started arguing with the cop and said that music was too loud. Come to find out, he does this every weekend. So when it came to the reception and the dancing started, we were told that we had to shut the 2 main big doors to the hall because of the neighbor calling in noise complaints (this was at about 8:00, and legally you can't call until after 10:00). This made the room VERY hot and our guests kept having to go outside to cool down. We believe that we should have been warned about this neighbor from the beginning as he really did cause much stress throughout the night. Susan, the wedding coordinator was a pleasure to work with and was extremely helpful through the wedding process.

Everything I could have imagined!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Margo L

From the very beginning, Susan, at Linden Place was beyond helpful. If the beauty of the venue itself does not sell you, having Susan there every step of the way will. They were flexible, helpful, and my day was perfect because of them. I would HIGHLY recommend Linden Place as a... Read More venue and would specially recommend working with Susan!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Lindsey T

We had both or ceremony and reception at the Linden Place. It is a beautiful wedding venue and our guests loved it, too. The staff is very nice and easy to work with. We highly recommend getting married here!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Tricia B

My husband and I chose Linden Place because of it's location and beauty in the heart of Bristol. I worked with Susan in coordinating all the details prior to the wedding. She was super nice, extremely professional and quick in responding to my many questions. The day of the... Read More wedding, Jim was there to help coordinate the event and he was an absolute peach. They made sure that I had everything I needed, the grounds were pristine. Even though the weather didn't warm up to have the flowers bloom, they made sure that the gardens looked immaculate. Also because of the weather I had the ceremony inside the carriage house. With the roaring fire in the fireplace, the ceremony was a dream, beautifully set up chapel style. The entire wedding was gorgeous, couldn't have asked for a better venue, it was perfect.

The perfect combination of elegance, history and convenience

Reviewed on 1/05/2015

My husband and I visited several wedding locations in the Bristol area along with my parents and in the end decided on Linden Place for its beauty, elegance, history, and proximity to downtown Bristol (it IS downtown Bristol), as well as for the professionalism of its management... Read More team. We got a really good vibe from the start and everything lived up to our expectations. Susan in particular was wonderful, acting more like a wedding planner with excellent recommendations for caterers, florists, bands, decorations, etc, which made the planning process on our end a lot easier. She even let us return to do a second photo shoot a few months later to capture some images that we hadn't had time to do the day of the actual wedding. The Linden Place mansion is absolutely gorgeous and the history intriguing. Our guests, particularly those from France who had never been to the US before, enjoyed guided visits of the house led by Linden Place tour guides before the start of the cocktail hour in the garden. Our ceremony took place at St. Mary's Church, just around the corner, and most of our guests stayed at the Bristol Harbor Inn. We had our hair done at Hair, Heart and Soul. The close proximity of all these locations made the wedding day logistics a breeze, especially for our guests who had two hours of free time between the ceremony and the start of cocktail hour. There was no shortage of activities within walking distance - plenty of outdoors bars, waterside walks, parks and boutique stores. All our guests commented on how beautiful the space was. The carriage house with its golden brick walls created a great environment for dinner and dancing. The overall ambiance was warm and inviting - not at all imposing or overwhelming like some venues can be, in my opinion. It did get a little warm inside the carriage house, being August, but the air conditioning system cooled things down nicely. We had around 120 guests. We chose to seat all of them inside the carriage house, rather than seating some in the adjacent tented patio. Not a lot of space was left for dancing, but we solved this (our plan in advance) by moving the wedding party's table under the tent after dinner. This worked just fine, but in retrospect I might have put some tables underneath the tent from the start instead (and as advised by the Linden Place team). One last point is that there is now a new art gallery beside the carriage house that can serve as a backup cocktail location in the event of rain (which fortunately wasn't the case the day of our wedding!) I highly recommend Linden Place for both the venue itself and the quality of service and management.

The Perfect Location

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Brittany G

I am so glad that we chose Linden Linden Place as our ceremony and reception venue. Susan was absolutely amazing throughout the entire process and she always available for any questions and wrote back to e-mails within that day. The staff were so sweet and helpful. They made us... Read More feel at home and helped with anything we needed on the wedding day. The grounds were beautiful and we loved having so many choices of places to take photographs at. We have absolutely no regrets about our choice of Linden Place. We would recommend the venue to anyone who is looking for a timeless location that is beautiful in any month or season. We can't thank the staff enough for allowing us to have the perfect wedding. Our wedding took place in November and the leaves on the trees were various colors and it looked beautiful in photographs. We lucked out with the weather and were able to have the ceremony outside in the garden area. It was beautiful. Our family and friends loved going through the mansion during the cocktail hour to view the décor. As the bride, I was able to get ready in the bedroom on the second floor. This allowed for us to take amazing photographs surrounded by antiques. The reception took place in the carriage house. We lit the fireplace and it made the entire room warm and cozy. I highly recommend Linden Place.

Linden Place: A historic gem in the heart of Bristol, RI

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Katie S

A friend recommended Linden Place to me when I began looking for wedding venues. As soon as I stepped on the grounds, I knew it was the perfect location for our wedding. The mansion and grounds are beautifully kept and the privacy the garden provided allowed us to have an... Read More intimate event while still in the heart of historic Bristol. We had our ceremony on site, which allowed the day to progress naturally without needing to travel from place to place. The mansion makes for truly lovely pictures, especially the conservatory and windows on the second floor. The ballroom was the perfect size for our family and friends to celebrate with us and looked beautiful with our simple decorations. Linden Place has plenty of parking for guests during events and is easy to get to. If you are looking for a venue that is true to the Rhode Island environment (historic and not far from water), I encourage you to look at Linden Place. I highly recommend this beautiful venue!

Magical!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014

If you want to remember your wedding for a lifetime and know that your guest consider your wedding "one of the best weddings they have been too" then you found the right place! In August 2007, we were were married at Linden place and all I can still say is what a Magical... Read More day! We had our ceremony outside, dinner under the tent and dancing in the barn thanks to the help of Jim and Susan! So look no further and make your wedding magical!

Love!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 kristen f

Linden Place made all our dreams come true.Our ceremony was perfect in their beautiful gardens. The reception was a beautiful blast from start to finish.