Every great love starts with a great story...

We believe that couples should spend the first day of their marriage creating memories to someday share with their children and grandchildren. It’s why we work together to design a beautiful celebration that tells your personal love story, honors your family traditions, and creates heirlooms to be cherished for generations to come. We work with each couple to make sure that your special day is full of the details that make your guests turn to one another and say, “That’s so them.” That's why we work with just a very small number of couples each year, and dedicate ourselves to making their visions come to life. We value deep quality and an unmistakable sense of excellence in everything we do. We truly consider our couples like family - your day is that important to us.

Engagement Party, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Ashley W

Our experience with Lindsay Bishop Events was absolutely amazing! She was fantastic from our first moment. I'm not sure what we would have done without her. My and my fiancé were able to turn to her, and lean on her, not only with all wedding related matters but also with other... Read More life situations happening over this period. Planning a wedding can be a long event and you go through a lot durning his time, work, family, normal life and you're also planning one of the biggest events of your life. It's helpful and comforting to have someone to always turn to durning this time. Lindsay is a master planner, highly organized and efficient, and great with negotiating with vendors and keeping your interests in mind. She has a kind and calming personality, which is beyond fitting when you're faced with millions of decisions. The hardest thing has been not talking with Lindsay everyday, since our wedding. We miss her amazing, lively, loving personality. Lindsay is a home run. You cannot go wrong with her! Hands down- in every way Lindsay made our experience better. We were able to focus on each other and enjoy being engaged. Our wedding was so fun to plan and we both know that is because Lindsay took care of everything, which made it easy for us! While there were many awesome moments with Lindsay during planning our wedding, I think my favorite moment was when she showed up in my getting ready room with an emergency box, just in case I needed something I did not have. She looked so sweet and it was so comforting to see her. She was so invested in me, my fiancé, our family, our arrangements, our feelings and emotions, was so excited and full of compassion for our whole big day! It just filled my heart to finally get to see it all evolve and be able to share it with her. Our guests absolutely loved our wedding! We had a big wedding! 15 vendors. There was a ton of behind the scenes work. Lindsay made it simple, fun and unforgettable! The only person more dedicated to me is my fiancé, and he's priceless. Lindsay is worth every penny and more! If you're on the fence with this decision, definitely do it! Lindsay is a game changer. You always here people telling crazy stories about planning their weddings. It doesn't have to be this way. Planning our wedding was carefree, amazing, fun, exciting, sexy, romantic and incredibly enjoyable. You want this experience and won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017

Working with Lindsay on planning my wedding at Middleton Place (July 2017) was the best decision I made throughout the whole process. Our wedding was a "destination wedding" with 140 guests coming from 13 different countries, and Lindsay made sure everything went seamlessly.... Read More Several of our guests--who are quite seasoned on the wedding circuit--told us they thought our wedding was one of the most beautiful they'd been to. I owe this all to Lindsay, truly. Her organisation, attention to detail and general knowledge about what works well (or what does not!) made sure everything about our celebration was perfect. I also admire how committed Lindsay was to ensuring that our wedding was exactly how we wanted to it be. My husband and I never felt pushed into any decisions, and I appreciated how Lindsay went the extra mile to understand exactly what we envisioned for our day. This was no easy task because my husband is Australian, and we wanted to incorporate several wedding traditions from abroad into our Charleston celebration. Lindsay made sure we pulled this off without any problems, and for this reason I credit her fully with the success of the wedding. She also has an impressive knowledge of the Charleston wedding industry, which not only saved us time but also considerable money (which is rare during wedding planning). Finally, I credit with Lindsay for saving our wedding celebration on the actual day. Our ceremony and reception took place outdoors in Middleton’s gardens, but when an unexpected thunderstorm rolled in, she was quick to respond and made sure all 140 guests made it inside the tent for the dinner and dancing just in time. Within two minutes of the last guest walking inside, a massive storm poured down. If it were not for Lindsay and her impeccable organisation, I’m certain that our guests would have been standing in the gardens and have become consequentially drenched. There are few people who could have pulled this off, and for this reason Lindsay was the best planner we could have asked for. I plan to recommend her to all of my friends getting married in Charleston.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Kim L

My husband and I hired Lindsay Bishop to plan our May 2017 wedding in Charleston, and we could not be happier with her service, skills, and dedication. First of all, Lindsay is incredibly organized and task-oriented. She really helped us through the process by creating an... Read More overall action plan, as well as day-to-day and month-to-month must-dos. In addition, Lindsay was really able to help us hone in our vision from a vague idea to reality - she had us create Pinterest boards to pull in photos that we liked, and from there she proposed color, flower, and decoration schemes that truly created the exact look we wanted. Most importantly, however, Lindsay gave us incredible one-on-one attention throughout the entire process. I don't know how she did it, but my husband and I really felt like we were her only clients. Lindsay was always responsive by phone and email or for a personal walk-through. We could not be more satisfied with the value of Lindsay's services - 100% worth the cost. We also ended up hiring Lindsay to arrange the flowers for our ceremony and reception - and wow, did she do an amazing job. Again she worked with us to craft an overall color scheme then prepared a full floral proposal. Again she was very flexible and able to work within our budget to make truly stunning floral pieces. Our guests cannot stop raving about how beautiful it looked. My husband and I cannot recommend Lindsay Bishop enough!

2017-07-05T13:21:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kim! It was such an honor to be a part of your wedding. I am so excited for you and Rishi to start this next chapter of your life together, and am going to truly miss seeing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/29/2017

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Denise K

Lindsay Bishop Events did a spectacular job for our wedding! She is so sweet and down to earth! She will be there 100% of the time answering all your questions or addressing any concerns. Lindsay was crucial to every detail that went into planning our wedding. She made the... Read More planning process stress free. Living in Florida I relied on her heavily to recommend and coordinate the right vendors. She was spot on with all of them. She was very attentive to what my husband and I wanted our wedding day to be like. I sent her a picture of the chuppah I envisioned getting married under and she recreated it perfectly! On the day of the wedding Lindsay went above and beyond my expectations! My husband and I didn't have to worry about anything, she made everything run smoothly so everyone could have a great time. We could not have been more thrilled with the level of care and attention she provided. Everything was flawless. It was a magical day. I would highly recommend Lindsay Bishop Events for your special day!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Amanda P

Working with Lindsay Bishop Events was the best decision we made during our wedding planning! We planned our wedding in less than 5 months and neither of us were familiar with the wedding industry in Charleston so we knew we needed help. After speaking with a few wedding... Read More planners, we decided to hire Lindsay for Partial Wedding Planning and never looked back. She was amazing at developing a compressed planning timeline, finding vendor options, and contacting vendors regarding availability before sending them our way. Without her I would probably still be buried in catering options! I loved Lindsay's open communication, style suggestions, and flexibility. When the forecast started showing rain for our outdoor ceremony plan, Lindsay took every step possible to contact the event rentals, DJ/Lighting, and the venue to come up with a Plan B in case the weather turned sour. Thankfully it stayed clear all night and we were able to have the ceremony outside! We heard from SO MANY guests that our wedding was one of the most fun/best/happiest one they had ever attended. Lindsay was absolutely worth what we paid! She didn't put any caps on communication so I always felt like I could email/text her with a question. She went above and beyond to help us and make our day so fun and memorable. If you're considering hiring Lindsay Bishop Events, stop thinking and just do it! She's professional, friendly, organized, and so in touch with the Charleston wedding scene. In a place with an overabundance of wedding vendors, Lindsay has great relationships with the best ones for every budget. She was the best and we loved working with her!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Marissa S

Lindsay was truly amazing! I never imagined I would need a wedding planner but having an elopement far from home proved I would need help. I searched on the knot for weeks looking for wedding planners. But as soon as I talked to Lindsay I knew she would be perfect for us!... Read More Lindsay truly brought our dream wedding to life! Everything I envisioned she made it so much better than I could imagine. She picked the perfect vendors for us. Since we had a very small elopement she did all flower arrangements and decorations herself. And it was simply amazing. She looked like she had a team of 50 put together our wedding! We could not be happier with the outcome of our wedding! Our entire family loved Lindsay!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Marilyn N

This review is just a little unusual as I am the Mother of the Bride. Anyone having the ability to not only make a bride happy but also her mother is very unusual and talented. Lindsay Bishop is one spectacular wedding planner that accomplished this with finesse. Lindsay was... Read More delightful and fun to work with from the first phone conversation/ meeting until after the end of a very special day. She is able to take vague ideas and turn them into one delightful and splendid day. And she never, ever lost sight of the budget, never compromised on the feel and specialness of the day. Marissa and Gary were extremely happy with everything that Lindsay accomplished in a very short 2 1/2 months. That I and of itself is quite the feat. But that it was done exactly like both the bride and the mother of the bride wanted was...well just over the top. Thank you so much Lindsay for all your hard work and dedication to Marissa and Gary's wedding day.

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Heidi N

Lindsay was an absolutely amazing wedding planner! I have said this to my husband already, but I can't imagine how stressful the planning process would have been without her. Lindsay kept us on track throughout the planning process and sent us manageable lists of things to do.... Read More Not only that, but she also designed our flowers for the wedding and they were absolutely beautiful! I thought I had very clear ideas for what I wanted the design of the wedding to be, but she really helped me define them more clearly by creating a shared Pinterest board, pinning inspiration, and refining it throughout the process. She is also very thoughtful and sent little planning gifts that made the process of working together even more fun. Our guests all had a great time at the wedding and my family (no one in my family has ever had a planner before) was so surprised and happy to not have to clean up after the reception. They actually got to enjoy the whole wedding from start to finish, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Lindsay is definitely worth every penny and will make planning your wedding more joyful, fun, and smooth for you as a couple! I had no idea how stressful the month leading up to the wedding would but, but Lindsay was there for support the whole time, willing to take projects off my plate, and helping to keep things on track. My husband and I were also planning our wedding from out of state, and it was such a relief to have her coordinating everything in Arizona for us since we couldn't be there. I would definitely recommend Lindsay to anyone planning a wedding (and I actually already referred her to one of my friends who had a gorgeous wedding as well!)! Thank you, Lindsay, for helping us have our dream wedding and helping us actually enjoy both the planning process and our wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

My husband and I hired Lindsay for day of coordination and were very impressed with her organization, attention to detail, and work ethic. Her website to organize tasks, venders, etc was an amazing tool to have and made it easy for all parties involved. Lindsay started working... Read More with us 6 weeks prior to the wedding day and completely managed the process from there which was a huge help and weight off our shoulders! Both my husband and I are in similar industries, so we knew we were going to be tough critics. My husband and I did not procrastinate and started the planning process pretty early on, but even if you are as organized as us, its seems like the last month of wedding planning is always the hardest. Dealing with last minutes un-expected costs, trying to get ahold of venders and finalizing details/contracts can be tough, but Lindsay made this last month all come together so seamlessly. She brought up logistics about the day and important details we did not even take into consideration, without overwhelming us with to-dos. Because we lived across the country, meeting with venders was not an option especially in the last 6 weeks, so Lindsay did so for us. She made sure to meet with our ceremony and reception venue (different locations) the week before the wedding to make sure she was familiar with the property. Lindsay was incredibly responsive, always available to answer any questions we had and flexible/willing to work with us on east coast time. The week of the wedding Lindsay made the extra effort to get to know us by joining us for our ice cream tasting for our dessert at the reception. We would certainly recommend Lindsay for any wedding! It felt as though she has been doing this for 20+ years!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Lindsay was phenomenal. When my wife first told me we should get a wedding planner, I thought how hard could this be? Are they really worth it? Well Lindsay went above and beyond all my expectations. Her thoughtfulness and guidance up until wedding day was incredible. She... Read More really guided us well and helped us make our wedding exactly what we wanted. She was also so great on the wedding day. She dealt with vendors and was perfect playing the point person, taking the pressure off my wife and I. Thank you Lindsay!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Allison J

Lindsay was everything that I needed and more! I took care of hiring some of my vendors before I started working with Lindsay, but when we began working together, she picked up right where I left off! She helped me with communicating with vendors, design details, and simply... Read More remembering and informing me of all the little details that I would have forgotten! Most importantly, my wedding day was absolutely stress-free! I didn't have a single worry about how things were going to turn out because Lindsay understood my husband's and my vision and personalities so well! Everyone who came to our wedding commented on how smoothly things ran and how beautiful everything was. I would absolutely recommend that bride's use Lindsay Bishop Events. You will not be disappointed in how detail-oriented Lindsay is and how supported and listened to she makes you feel! Thank you, Lindsay!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Chris P

Lindsay took excellent care of us while planning our wedding. I was traveling for work during part of the process, and she was a huge help to my wife during that time. She was very attentive to all our needs, and paid close attention to everything we wanted. I would definitely... Read More recommend hiring her!

Seamless Wedding

Reviewed on 9/08/2015

Lindsay Bishop was extremely helpful in planning our wedding in Tuscon. We live out of the country and were only able to make it to Tucson once before the wedding and we would not have been able to do it without her. Not knowing local vendors, Lindsay had meetings set up with a... Read More selection of different vendors for us to meet with during our visit 8 months before the wedding. She saved us so much time and energy and was very helpful during those meetings. If you, like myself, have limited previous wedding experience, being organized and planning for everything is crucial and Lindsay was extremely helpful in keeping me organized and making sure that I had thought of every last detail. In the planning stages, she was also very helpful in running errands that we were not physically able to do (like our Welcome Bags, party rental store, etc) and thinking of ways to reduce our budget which is always great. The day before the wedding, Lindsay was great in organizing the rehearsal (despite a few non-English speakers) and we were ready for the day of. Day of the wedding, everything went seamlessly despite having to completely change locations/times because of a Tucson monsoon. She never broke a sweat and stayed professional even though I know she must have been running all over the place. All in all, Lindsay is extremely professional and will keep any bride on track and organized.

Reviewed on 9/01/2015

I never imagined myself needing a wedding planner. Wedding planners were for people who had extra money to spend, and were too busy/lazy to plan their wedding themselves. Like, how hard could it be? I learned quickly, planning a wedding is an enormous project, and it could be a... Read More real disaster if you don't have professional help. Our wedding date had changed due to my husband's work schedule and we suddenly had 2 months to plan it. A friend of mine, after telling her about the time crunch, looked at me and said this was a job for Lindsay Bishop. And boy was it! The day I met Lindsay I told her I had 8 weeks to plan a nice wedding for 100 guests and I cringed waiting for the typical vendor lecture, expecting her to tell me it was too late to get the things I wanted, too late for a dream wedding. Instead, she met me with a knowing smile, a reassuring hug, and she said I would have everything I wanted, for less than I expected to pay. Let me tell you - she stuck by her word! After my experience with Lindsay, my biggest advice to any bride is 1. Hire a planner and, 2. Hire Lindsay Bishop. Every detail and almost every vendor was a suggestion from Lindsay. She knows people who will make your wedding amazing, and won't hurt your budget. She continuously checked in with me, did way more than what was expected, and never once skipped a beat or forgot a detail. I have never met someone with such an incredible memory! My wedding was a fantastic day, and for that I thank my amazing vendors who I wouldn't have met if it weren't for Lindsay Bishop. Thanks for being so much more than a "coordinator" but also a sounding board, reassurance, someone who truly cared about the outcome. We really felt safe with our event in your hands and I hope other brides will find you in their time of need as well!

Reviewed on 6/21/2015

I emailed Lindsay right after I got engaged, and that was the best decision I could have made! We wanted to get married in my husband's parents' backyard about 2 months after we got engaged, and we had a small budget. Lindsay went above and beyond. She found all the sales, went... Read More shopping for us at times, let us borrow miscellaneous things, and hooked us up with the PERFECT vendors. I don't have the wedding planning gene, so I depended on her so much. She even drove to my house an hour before the ceremony to grab my marriage license that I left there! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and it wouldn't have been without her.

Lindsay is great!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015

Lindsay is awesome. She's on top of all the details, very organized and has a lot of experience. If you want to have a calm and relaxing wedding day, work with Lindsay. She takes care of all those annoying details and makes the process easy.

Lindsay created a magical day for our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/02/2015

Lindsay coordinated our home courtyard wedding and reception. She brought attention to all the little details that came together for a magical day. Lindsay provided high quality suppliers from flowers and musician to catering and an officiate. Everything flowed together so... Read More well and I was able to focus on enjoying the experience. I was amazed at the feeling/ambiance she created that flowed from the color of my dress, the look of the floral decor and the reception set up. She created an elegant and romantic experience beyond what I had imagined. Lindsay is very easy to work with; pleasant, professional and very responsive to my needs. I highly recommend Lindsay to create a first class event for you!

If you need someone friendly, efficient, and knowledgable I recommend LBE!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Danielle A

In planning for a wedding with ~230 RSVPs I had no initial plans on getting a wedding planner. My florist, Katie, from Posh Petals recommended Lindsay Bishop. I was hesitant and stalled, but finally 6 months before the wedding I contacted her. Always professional, timely, and... Read More open-minded LB listened to my sometimes confusing ideas and helped to organize what I really wanted with encouragement and support. She kept me on task with timelines and to-do lists, assisted whenever possible and was always patient. The day of the wedding was organized perfectly. When I walked down the aisle and got to the reception everything looked amazing and just as I had pictured. So sweet, she even stayed until the wedding ended to help with taking stuff down. I value her opinion and will always be grateful to her contributions whether it was helping my mom pick out her dress when I couldn't, the how-to's of name changing or loaning a vase. Simply amazing. Love, The Anderson's

Lindsay Bishop gave Superior service.

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

Lindsay was initially professional and personable! She made both myself and more importantly my daughter her priority. She listened to what my daughter wanted and supported her every step of the way. My daughter lived out of town and Lindsay communicated with her often. Many... Read More appointments and preparation was handled by her prior during and after the wedding. She worked well with all the vendors including the resorts personnel Everything was perfect and exactly what my daughter imagined. I can't thank her enough! Every bride should work with someone as intelligent and professional!

Lindsay Bishop Events made my vision become a reality

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Jessica A

When my husband and I got engaged, we didn't think we'd need a wedding planner. We are both wedding photographers, and thought we knew enough of the business to plan our own wedding. I could not have been more wrong! I work full time as well as run my own business. I usually... Read More have a lot on my plate, and I quickly realized that I was getting in a little over my head. I knew Lindsay, because we had photographed her wedding about a year ago, and I knew she had gone into wedding planning business. I remember her own wedding was flawlessly orchestrated, and she did everything herself, so I contacted her, hoping she could help me with only six weeks to go. She took on my last-minute wedding and whipped me into shape. She made to-do lists and emailed and text me frequently to make sure I was on top of things. A lot of the times, I was falling behind, but she was sort of like my wedding day personal trainer, giving me words of encouragement and helping me stay focused and complete my tasks. The day of was a blur. I had given her free-reign over many aspects of my wedding, because in all reality I knew she would execute my ideas better than I could. My bouquet, ceremony and reception space, and detail setups were all a surprise to me, and I LOVED what she did with everything. I could never have imagined how beautifully things turned out, and I am so glad that I recruited her to help me. In all honesty, I plan on paying her more than what she quoted me for her services, because the peace of mind alone was worth so much more than I anticipated. Lindsay, Kevin and I are beyond thrilled with how everything turned out. You helped me make my wedding dreams into picture perfect realities that I will cherish for years and years to come. Thank you for everything you have done, and I will definitely recommend you to all of my brides-to-be! You're the BEST!

Lindsay B. is a Hard Worker-Worth the Investment

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Sara R

Before the wedding, Lindsay Bishop was a wonderful support to my wedding planning. For instance, she recommended all of the vendors, and was professional throughout the entire planning period. The cost of her services were reasonable as well. She always made herself available... Read More to me. Likewise, she also attended most of my vendor appointments with me; very helpful indeed. My actual wedding day went off, without a hitch, and was perfect. Following the wedding, I had a few frustrations with my collection process, of the items I left at the venue, when I was whisked away. For instance, I encountered one lost item, one deeply soiled item that I had to spend some time cleaning off, and a missing wedding certificate; until I inquired about where it was. Only upon my inquiry, was it communicated to me where it was. I felt as this was more reactive, instead of taking a proactive approach, and I could have had less stress, with a proactive approach; just a message about where I could find the certificate after my return from my honeymoon. That would have prevented me from emailing several people, in a panic that night. Even with this little scare, and very few frustrations, would I hire her again? Absolutely.

No detail left undone.

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Morgan H

Lindsay was by my side through the entire wedding process and made planning a breeze with helpful tips and checklists to keep me on track. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch, far exceeding my expectations! Our big day was absolutely perfect thanks in large part to... Read More Lindsay and her team, they took care of everything and ensured I could enjoy my day as a Bride.

Gold Standard Event Planning is the BEST!

Reviewed on 2/02/2014 Jessica Y

I actually photographed Lindsay's wedding, and it could not have been a more pleasant experience. She pays attention to detail, and while a lot of brides I have worked with end up stressing about last-minute details due to lack of planning, Lindsay was calm, collected, and on... Read More top of her big day. It was by far the smoothest wedding I have ever attended OR worked, and I will definitely be using her services for my upcoming wedding!