Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Kosher, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

25 Crossroads Dr, Owings Mills, MD (410) 581-4920

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Suzan M

We were very impressed with how good the food was! We had three entree options - chicken, fish and vegetarian and some out of this world hors d'oeuvres. The chicken and vegetarian dishes were very good, the fish was awesome, with a perfect texture and sauce. For hors d'oeuvres,... Read More I particularly liked the bacon and scallop, vegetarian pizza, and gazpacho shots. Sherri Levin, the catering director, stayed during the whole duration of the food service portion of the wedding and was key under the pressure of leading the effort to serve our 180 guests. Don't waste time with other caterers in this price range, Linwoods will let you taste their food the first meeting you set up and treat you right throughout the process.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Aaron S

Sherri and her team gave us the royal treatment at our wedding last week. The food was on time and delicious. We had her daughter Allison as our personal waitress all afternoon and she took care of all of our needs. We were running out of seating inside, so Sherri took it upon... Read More herself to add some more tables outside for guests and by the end everyone had a seat. Truly a great vendor!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Kimberly K

We want to express our thanks to Tali and her staff at Linwood’s. We are grateful for the work they did to make our wedding reception one to remember. Everyone mentioned to us how beautiful, delicious, and elegant the dinner was. We knew what to expect from Linwoods, but they... Read More still managed to exceed those lofty expectations by a factor of 10. Everything was perfect. Tali worked with us from day one on every aspect of the wedding, offering expert advice from menu selections, table settings, place cards, scheduling, and a number of other matters both big and small. No question, whether in person, by phone, or email went unanswered. And Tali was always happy to field questions from other members of our family. It was important to us to forge a comfortable, professional relationship with our vendors. Tali and her staff are pros in every sense of the word. Linwoods catering, with Tail at the helm, is without question the best in the business.

2015-10-05T12:43:51 Response from the vendor

Dear Kimberly and David........WOW!!!! could anyone ask for more... To come in on Monday to my desk and receive such beautiful words. Your wedding was outstanding and it was pure joy working with you both in creating this magical day. It was our great pleasure... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Deirdre F

First off, I would like to say- we were overall pleased with the planning process with Linwoods and the quality of the food was fabulous- as well as the delicious cake! However, there were a few things my husband and I were disappointed with. We were told we'd go into a separate... Read More room and be given food and drinks. However, when we got to our room, there was no one there so we walked around and found someone and she brought us a plate of hors d'oeuvres. We were also told we'd have a waiter/waitress assigned to us and that was not the case, there was the occasional time our DJ/MC for the night grabbed a drink for us when we needed something. The final issue we had was the meal my husband and I requested was not correct. Like I said- overall, they were a great caterer and I would still recommend them- they just did not quite hold up to their expectations.

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Natalie H

Linwoods was wonderful to work with and we received tons of complements on how amazing the food was. Everyone cleaned their plates and you never see that at a wedding. The desserts are amazing my favorite being the s'more. I had someone designated to me to bring me food and... Read More drinks, she was wonderful. The tables were always cleaned up and the servers were dressed well and friendly. I would however budget for overtime being charged, our event was from 4:30-10 with bar closing at 9:30 and we were charged $35 a person for 16 people to stay. Also budget for 6% tax on the whole bill with our bill being around 13k after the wedding we received a bill around $2,000 for the tax of $836 and overtime of $455. We also tipped around $800 in the hope of not being charged OT. Bringing our own alcohol was stressful but well worth it to save money. Becuase there is also a 9% tax on alcohol. The 14k we spend does not include open bar just the soda and fixings. All in all we are supper happy with going with Linwoods. The pizza that we were excited about however was not a good choice, it was cut into 1 inch by 1 inch slices and hard to pick up. When we had out tasting it was presented like a small round pizza. I also love that each year on our anniversary we can go to Linwoods to celebrate!

Sherri = wedding angel!

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Dalina Z

We got married on 10/26 and the Maryvale Castle. At the castle, you can only have one of two catering companies. We happened to schedule our viewing of the venue with Linwoods. That was the day that I met Sherri, who was preparing for a wedding while showing us the castle. First... Read More of all, I fell in love with her personality! As she was walking and talking, she saw EVERYTHING her team was doing so she was directing them at the same time! Multitasking at its best! I loved that she was quick, paid attention to detail, and extremely accommodating and honest! She never said NO to ANYTHING! I had some pretty high demands crazy ideas, and she exceeded ALL of our expectations. FOOD She met with us, and we tried the food twice before the actual wedding.Our family came to the tasting and they were left speechless! LOVED everything and honestly it was hard to pick things for the actual wedding because everything was delicious! The food is to DIE FOR!! MY GOSH, the steak (we had steak for everyone) just melted in your mouth! The cakes...yum! the hors d'oeuvres were exquisite too! ZERO complaints for anyone! we had a few vegetarians and they were well accommodated too! The drinks were amazing! we had an open bar and people loved everything. Sherri also let us have a signature drink we requested, "the princess"- a pink margarita with sugar rims. SUPER delicious and pink to match the colors of the wedding! SERVICE Sherri truly and honestly made our wedding possible. We didn't have a wedding planner, but I don't think ANY wedding planner would do half as much as Sherri did. I made my own decorations, table settings, and everything else and Sherri placed and organized EVERYTHING perfectly! Our friends and fam were there to help but Sherri and her team didn't allow anyone to lift a finger! They did EVERYTHING (I mean everything: set tables, light and set up all our candles, put decorations outside, set up runner, write our initials in rose pedals, put ALL of our flowers in their vases and light the LED lights in them etc. etc etc..) they DID EVERYTHING and they did it perfectly!! Words can't describe how perfect everything turned out! She moved the wedding along and made sure that things moved according to the schedule she made! (yes... she even made a schedule for us). To say that Sherri's services provide catering is SUCH an understatement! Oh and the clean up (which we didn't have to help with) was made super easy because the team assisted with everything AND they send food home with us! MORAL SUPPORT I as the bride, had 813561478234619234712347 questions throughout the months leading to our wedding and Sherri answered every single one of my emails/text within the minute. She was super comforting and sweet and she always made me feel like everything will be perfect and it really was. She was there for us throughout the entire process and we cannot thank her and her team enough! We are SO thankful that we toured that castle with Sherri because honestly she was our wedding angel! without her, we couldn't have done it! She made our wedding day perfect!

Great food!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Heather P

we had our rehearsal dinner at Linwoods and they gave us a private room and personalized menu! They were very on top of things and very organized! They food was AMAZING!!

Sherri is amazing!

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Rebecca L

My wedding was at the Castle at Maryvale. Linwoods was one of the two available caterers that I could choose from, since the castle has set catering companies that they only work with. After an initial tasting with each of the two companies, I was shocked to see how different... Read More the two experiences were. Linwoods did an AMAZING job! Sherri, the event coordinator, brought me and my husband into the restaurant and gave us a multiple course run-through of the foods we had chosen to taste that day. The appetizers, entrees, wedding cake... even though we were only given samples of each, they were very generous samples and were beautifully presented on each plate. The food was absolutely fresh and delicious. We actually became full very quickly. Sherri let us take the leftovers home. She stayed with us throughout the tasting and talked us through everything to answer any questions that we had. It was a no brainer afterwards. We definitely made the right decision to go with Linwoods. Sherri is the head of it all; she makes it happen. She's laidback, easy to work with, extremely knowledgable in weddings, flexible, and super accommodating. The food is fresh, delicious, and looks amazing All of the guests at the wedding commented on how good ALL of the food was! And oh, the wedding cake... Linwoods actually created a cupcake tower for us and gave us a sorbet bar, as well. The cupcakes were sooooo good. The sorbet was delicious. At the wedding, one of the servers from the Linwoods team kept following me around with a plate of food to make sure that I got a chance to eat, too. It was so thoughtful of them!! The staff is super nice and worked so flawlessly in the background. You can instantly tell how experienced and professional all of them are. Sherri even put together a leftover food bag for me and my husband to take to our hotel that night. We devoured it. It was still good, even hours after the wedding had ended. Key dishes that we really enjoyed: Tuna Taco, Watermelon-Avocado Salad, Crab Salad, Shrimp Cocktail, Lamb Meatballs, Cantaloupe wrapped in Duck Proscuitto, Vanilla Genoise Cake with French Buttercream, Chocolate Hazelnut Cake with Chocolate Buttercream. THEY'RE ALL DELICIOUS. I don't even know what else to say. I'm going to keep repeating myself with the words 'fresh', 'delicious', 'beautiful'. This is an amazing catering company. I'm thrilled to have had them cater my wedding. You have to choose Linwoods!

Fantastic food

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Faith D

Our guests commented on how great the food was, and they did a great job on our cake as well. They did a fantastic job and it all came together on the day!

Great food makes the event and ours was wonderful

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Kelly E

We had our wedding at Maryvale which restricts the catering choices to just 2 vendors. We choose Linwoods because their food was exceptional. We had 3 passed hors d’oeuvres: scallops on ceramic spoons, vegetarian spring rolls, and ahi tuna tacos. We also had a station of the... Read More BEST lump crab dip and brie with breads. For dinner we had butternut squash ravioli or chicken in addition to caesar salad and grilled vegetables. Linwoods also supplied our beverages. We choose to have wine, beer and one specialty drink. We have a large drinking crowd and we heard no complaints about the limited bar but we did see more people dancing than we were expecting! ;) Linwoods also provided our cake. They made a 3 tiered cake and I only saw a few plates of cake left when we went for our slice. Each tier was different: white cake with cannoli filling, chocolate cake with raspberry filling (ask for the preserve type not the cream), and chocolate cake with peanut butter filling. We actually heard stories of folks going for two slices!! Our planner was Ellen from Linwoods and she was absolutely THE BEST. We met the day before at our venue to discuss the details or our day and talk back up plan for rain. Ellen made wonderful decisions and kept us as close to our time line as possible. I couldn't have asked for a better caterer and I would recommend that any couple planning their wedding meet with Linwoods. They were so approachable and worked within our limited budget.

amazing

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 shannon d

We had a small wedding (80) people, and Linwoods suited us perfectly. They couldn't have been more accomodating to our continuously changing guest list, our menu requests and their customer service was stunning. I was amazing everytime I talked to Rachel. The food was TO DIE... Read More FOR. We have people talking about the crab cakes and appetizers two weeks later. Most beautiful, classy and elegant location. A true hidden gem!!!

Tali is a MUST for any wedding!

Reviewed on 12/09/2011 Melissa B

Tali Adelstein has been in this business for over 20 years and it shows -- she comes prepared with Plan A, B, and C (and beyond) resulting in food, drink and catering services that are of the highest caliber and level of professionalism. Nothing goes wrong on Tali's watch. She... Read More is so much more than just a caterer -- she becomes an invaluable and dedicated partner during the whole process of planning your event. Working with Tali was one of the essential assurances we had that the planning process would be a positive experience and would culminate into the wonderful event we had. If you hire Tali (and you absolutely should!), don't bother with a wedding planner. Tali covers all those roles and more.

Our guests are still talking about the food!

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Kara C

Tali is great to work with. She was so receptive to our specific needs. Our tasting was great prior to the event and really helped us narrow in our food selection. Her years of expertise was evident by how amazing our wedding turned out. The quality of the food was... Read More consistently amazing, from our tasting to our bid day. The service was awesome and we even received complements on the quality of the drinks from the bartenders. Tali was there for us in every step of the way to make our wedding the most special day of our lives!

So delicious!

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 Jenna D

I can't say enough wonderful things about Linwoods. I worked with Tali Adelstein, and she was so incredible in helping us choose the perfect menu and making sure our wedding was perfect. The food was perfect, of course, because Linwoods would give you nothing less. We opted to... Read More have a small cake, which was beautifully designed and not for guests to eat. Rather, we offered pumpkin bread pudding for dessert as well as an assortment of mini pastries and butler passed mini ice cream sandwiches. It was a big hit! One of the best decisions I made in planning the wedding was choosing Linwoods as our caterer.

Absolutely wonderful

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Rebecca B

I can't even begin to thank Linwoods for everything they did for my wedding. It truly was everything and more! Our guests are still in love with the food and great service! I would recommend Linwoods to anyone! Especially our event manager Sherri

Great service

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Deborah S

Aside from the delicious food, what I loved most about Linwoods is that the caterer also handles duties that a wedding planner would. She took care of me the whole time - straightened my dress as I walked down the aisle and everything.

Best Food Ever!

Reviewed on 9/05/2011 Brittany Y

I dont know where to begin with Linwoods. They were absolutely amazing!!! We worked with Sherri who coordinated everything for us during the entire planning process. We absolutely loved her and trusted her with everything. It is a little expensive but they work really well with... Read More you to make it what you want and can recommend options to make it more affordable. I dont have one bad thing to say about them. Not only was the food delicious and fresh, but so was our wedding cake that was included! They did an absolutely amazing job and we know we will be back to have dinner in their restaurant whenever we can!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Reviewed on 7/09/2011 Lisa A

Linwoods was the BEST decision we made when selecting wedding vendors. They were AMAZING to work with, our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was. The staff treated us & our guests like royalty! You get what you pay for, and Linwoods was a bit more... Read More expensive than other caters we looked at- but you won't be sorry you chose Linwoods.

Amazing Food

Reviewed on 6/30/2011 Alyssa H

I would recommend Linwoods to anyone getting married in the Baltimore area. Though pricey, you will not be let down by any selection from their delicious menu. The catering manager also served as our event coordinator at our venue, which was a plus. Her attention to detail... Read More and thoroughness was amazing. She was also wonderful to work with. We received many compliments on our food selections.

Above & Beyond

Reviewed on 11/06/2010 Brooke S

Linwoods was above and beyond amazing! Sherri was so helpful during the entire planning experience, she offered great suggestions and really helped us to make our wedding unique to us. The food was INCREDIBLE. All of our guests were and still are talking about it. We had 2... Read More tastings and everything was so delicious it was hard to choose. Their service is the best out there. Sherri gave us a call the day before the wedding to check in and see if there was anything we needed her to do. She and Jan came to our rehearsal and ran the whole thing efficiently to the point where we were all comfortable. On the day of, everything ran flawlessly. We were on time the entire night, the food came out hot and delicious, my husband and I had a person checking in to see if we needed anything, and there were enough staff to really take care of and pamper our guests. Linwoods is definitely worth the money because they leave you with no doubts and they exceed every expectation.

Delicious but...

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 Sarah C

Linwoods food on the night of our wedding was fantastic, no question. However, there was a snag with our linens being wrong. They were apologetic and no one knew except for us but it just wasnt quite perfect. As I said, the food and the staff were great. I would recommend... Read More them.

Amazing food and service

Reviewed on 8/25/2010 Carrie H

Linwood's did a superb job. People still comment on the food at our wedding. We were really able to customize our menu any way we wanted to. Our passed hors'deourves were very unique. They even used my grandmother's recipe for red velvet cupcakes because I didn't like... Read More theirs. My catering manager was in constant contact with me. She was very helpful and responsive. She was a little spacey, but it didn't matter in the end because everything came together perfectly. The wait staff was perfect. Someone was always checking on us all night too.

Start a Conversation!