Livestock Exchange Building

Omaha, NE

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Livestock Exchange Building

A BALLROOM IN OMAHA, NE

Built back in 1926, the Livestock Exchange Building in Omaha, Nebraska, is rich in history. To-be-weds will love the historical elements, including the Romanesque and Northern Italian Renaissance Revival style architecture that are still a part of the facility, as well as the modern aspects, like the 22-foot ceilings. There are two reception spaces for couples to take advantage of on their big day, each of which sits on the tenth floor within the building. From this height, the bride and groom and all of their guests will experience amazing views of the city, especially during the sunset hour.

South Ballroom. The smaller of the two available ballrooms, the South Ballroom is able to accommodate between 175 and 250 of your closest friends and family. This room dazzles with its upper wrap-around balcony that looks out across the dance floor. The space is neutral in color, which means it can be decorated to match any theme or color scheme.

North Ballroom. Couples searching for a space that is a little bit larger will love the North Ballroom. This room welcomes as many as 375 guests at any given time. The built-in bar comes in handy for any bride and groom that wishes to serve alcohol at their reception. The hardwood floors make it easy to create a dance space and there's a stage for live entertainment to set up and perform.

After the venue is secured, an appointment will be arranged to begin coordinating your special day. Couples are given access to the property for a total of six hours on the day of their event. The party must come to a conclusion by 12:30 a.m. Tables and chairs are set-up and decorated with either white, ivory or black linens. There are linen napkins in a choice of 15 different colors, skirting for the head table and round mirror tiles with votive candles to use as centerpieces. All of the tableware is included in the rental price and the bride and groom will even get a few glass bowls to display mints, nuts or little chocolates. It is important to note that the staff do not permit the use of glitter, birdseed or confetti at any time.

All of the catering for your reception will be handled by Brandeis Catering. The expert culinary team is able to provide a wide range of cuisine options including American, Greek and Japanese. Latin American, Italian and French cuisine are also popular choices. The chef is happy to abide by any dietary restrictions as well, such as gluten-free meals, sugar free dishes and Vegan/Vegetarian cuisine. Couples can order something sophisticated, like Stuffed Chicken Basiline with Velouté Sauce or something a bit more simple like Sliced Beef Sirloin.. When it comes time to serve the cake, the culinary team will cut it and serve it at no additional charge.

A few extra perks come with renting one of the spaces within the Livestock Exchange Building. These are listed below for your convenience.

• Free on-site parking
  • Handicap accessible
  • Wireless Internet access

Omaha Nebraska's Historic Ballrooms - 10th Floor

Named to Omaha's historic landmarks in 1999, the Livestock Exchange Building is a romantic setting that dates back to 1926, when it served as the center of the livestock industry in Omaha. Brandeis Catering offers two beautiful ballrooms on the 10th floor of the building. Enjoy the lights of the city as you drink, dine and enjoy the special moments of your reception. Our events planners work with you to create an event that you will be praising for years to come.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

4920 S. 30th Street (30th & L), Omaha, NE (402) 334-5446

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Jamie P

Carolyn was amazing to work with and was very organized. She knew every detail better than I did and made sure everything was set and ready to go! Our food from Brandeis was to die for, everyone was complimenting the food (a huge bonus)! Betty was our on site wedding... Read More coordinator that day, she helped us with anything and everything. I highly recommend the Livestock Exchange for your venue and Brandeis Catering. Wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Lindsey S

Just married in August, we had our reception at this venue. We have nothing, but good things to say about them. Michelle was our coordinator, very helpful, answering questions promptly at any point of the planning process, she even made sure we had two other contacts for when... Read More she was out of town for a week to ensure that we had someone that would get back to us in a timely manner. Beautiful venue with the open concept, balcony above, and 10th floor view.

Great experience

Reviewed on 3/29/2015

We had a wedding ceremony in the Livestock Exchange South Ballroom and the reception in the North Ballroom. Both worked out very well, with the North Ballroom being absolutely beautiful, even without decorations other than the centerpieces. Parking was no problem and guests can... Read More drive right up to the door, which was very helpful for elderly guests. The food from Brandeis Catering was delicious and was hot (which I had worried about since it is brought from another location.) Our only disappointment during the whole process was that the menu tasting event which had been scheduled for November was changed to February, which was just too close to our March event. We did then get to have a limited personal tasting which ended up working out well. Most impressive was the entire staff. Our warm and gracious wedding coordinator, Carolyn Sullivan, could not have been more helpful with suggestions, information and clear timelines. The day before the wedding when we set up, the staff were accommodating and made sure we had what we needed to get the job done. On the night of the wedding, the wait staff, bartenders and especially our main contact person, Betty, were outstanding. They did their jobs quietly and professionally and were very helpful, right up till the time we carted out our flowers and the last box of items we had brought in. Overall we had no regrets and felt like the experience could not have gone better.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Amanda C

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with this vendor. I worked with Joe and he was absolutely amazing along with all the staff. The rooms are absolutely beautiful, they provided a lot with the room rental which meant we had a lot less of the small things to worry... Read More about. Joe was always very responsive to emails and calls as well as very accommodating. The day of the wedding it was so nice to not worry about everything running smoothly- the staff was wonderful and ran everything so smoothly. The bartender always made sure my husband, parents, and I had a drink. The staff saved us a piece of each kind of cake since we never got to sit long enough to eat anything. It was all the small details and little things they did that made our day stress free and so enjoyable. We got nothing but tons of compliments on the food and how beautiful the room was. I would definitely recommend them to any bride!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Meredith C

We used this venue for our 7/22/17 wedding, and we cannot say enough positive things about the staff as we set up and throughout our reception - they were stellar. I found Carolyn difficult to plan with, however, and I'd recommend requesting someone else if possible. She wasn't... Read More timely in most emails, and she was rude about a few of our requests. That said, I'd recommend the venue itself to anyone, and our experience overall was wonderful.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Madison R

The Livestock Exchange Building- North Ballroom is honestly the greatest venue I've seen in Omaha! The floor to ceiling windows with gold accents add the perfect amount of romance to any reception. The best thing about this venue (other than those windows) is you can keep the... Read More decor very simple and minimal because the room speaks for itself! Our guests truly loved the venue and I am so glad we got to use it for our wedding! It does share a building with apartments and businesses but Brandeis Catering does an amazing job with security and staff to make your day so perfect!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 carmen r

From the first day we met to the last day we came to come pick up decorations, Carolyn was nothing short of amazing!!! All of our guests were blown away by how stunning the ballroom was and how unique! We couldn't have done it without Carolyn! Best venue ever!!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017

Our wedding reception was amazing. Carolyn was very helpful in the entire process. We were able to come in early to get everything setup, which was extremely helpful. Any concerns or issues we had were addressed and resolved. The staff on the night of the wedding reception... Read More were extremely helpful too. They really made sure everything ran smoothly and if anything arose, we able to find someone to help us right away. I would definitely recommend this venue to others.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Kyle S

I would absolutely recommend the Livestock Exchange for a wedding reception! We just had our reception there on 4/29 and everything went perfectly! They worked so well with us and everything ran very smoothly. I loved how everything looked and the ballroom was gorgeous! The... Read More staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and took care of anything we needed! They thought of so many details so that I didn't have to and provided so much assistance in preparing for our reception. It was classy and seamless and our guests had a wonderful time!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Amy D

We worked with Carolyn (wedding coordinator) and had a fantastic experience! She is very sweet and super helpful! She told me over and over again that I could call, text or email her with any questions or concerns that I had! She put together a solid timeline early on which... Read More really helped everything run smoothly! I also feel like this venue is all inclusive. At other places, you have to pay to get the cake cut and tap the keg and on and on. Here, the price is the room rental (which is small!) and the cost of the food/drink. There is also a 20% service charge but it does not include gratuity. The room rental includes a lot. Small centerpieces/candles, linens, tables, chairs, etc. Thanks to Carolyn and Betty (our day-of coordinator), everything went perfectly and the food was delicious! We got many comments that it was the best wedding food ever! Everyone loved the ballroom...it was gorgeous! The high ceilings, the floors, the stage! It was my dream wedding! There are only 2 cons I can think of....1) we were not allowed to take our leftover food home and 2) we have very little time for set-up and tear-down. We basically had Sat AM to set up and then everything had to be removed after the end. Don't plan to leave it there till the next day! This was a bummer for us and we had to hire people to help with this tight timeline. Other than that, it was perfect!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016

I have always loved the Historic Feel of the Livestock Exchange Building - The Staff was Great the Venue was everything I expected. I would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Ally B

The Livestock was the best choice we made throughout our vendor picking process! Michelle worked closely with us, communicated constantly, and gave us lots of perks when it came time to setting up! The night was perfect!

2016-09-21T11:29:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review. We were honored to work with the both of you and your families and wish you all the best!!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Katelyn E

The staff at the Livestock Exchange Building were incredible! They treated me and my guests with the utmost respect. The food was delicious and the service was amazing!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Amy C

The North Ballroom is so beautiful you hardly need any decorations. Carolyn was great in answering questions and being as helpful as she could. Sometimes scheduling meeting was difficult due to Carolyn's schedule and the fact that I live in Lincoln. But we managed! Small... Read More critique... I wish the tasting event date was set more in advance. My sister planned my shower around the potential time of the tasting so we gambled a little bit. It ended up all working out, but I still thought such an event could have been planned several months prior than just a month or so of notice. All of my guests complimented the venue and its beauty. If you do minimal decor, you could actually save money than planning your reception at a convention center where you have to spend money on up lighting, decor, etc. My guests also LOVED the beef brisket and caprese bites! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Keith B

The Livestock Exchange Building's North Ballroom is a very beautiful and classic place for a wedding reception with its architectural features. Carolyn was great at answering my questions and accommodating my mom's and my requests. The waitstaff at the reception was awesome!... Read More They were very hardworking and kept to the schedule. While the food is good, it isn't too unique. If you are looking for a "foodie" experience, you might want to look elsewhere. I think this venue is one of the best in town; it is much more affordable than other venues. I liked that the rental for the room included use of basic tablecloths, tableware, napkin linens, and 3 votives per table.

Aloha Wedding

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Rizzaly A

Michelle, wedding co-ordinator was a great help in the preparation of the wedding and made sure we did not forget anything. The building itself is a beauty so it was not difficult to decorate. Along with Michelle's help, I was very fortunate to have met Mele, a polynesion food... Read More server at the Livestock Exchange building during our food tasting. I am originally from Hawaii and having that in common with Mele, we just clicked and she made sure the wedding went smoothly. She has been working at the Livestock Exchange for a decade so she knows her stuff. Throughout the selection of food, to the actual wedding day, she have helped me tremendously. For price was, it was not much to rent the venue which I thought was great, however once the breakdown of price came down they will charge you insane on food as well as fees for outside food such as cakes. They have there on catering, Brandeis. The food however was worth it! We had salmon and beef tenderloin. My guests enjoyed it with positive compliments. Overall, The Livestock Exhange Building is an awesome reception venue. With high windows from 10th floor view, no regrets at all.

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Madeline A

The venue was beautiful and everything I dreamed of! I had my wedding on a Saturday and they let me come on Friday and set up all my centerpieces! The service was awesome, the food was great, we got lots of complement about how good the food was and most of all they were... Read More accommodating in every way Specially Michelle, We will difinately recommend this place.

Straley-Harcourt Reception

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Brandeis/Livestock Exchange Ballroom are a delight to work with from a planner and clients perspective. Beautiful location, great food, furniture is kept clean and up to date and the staff works hard to please.

Excellent service and value.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Russell C

I cannot express how thankful I am for the staff at live stock exchange. Carolyn, their wedding coordinator was amazing. She had everything under control and when something wasn't right she went above and beyond to fix it. Even when it wasn't her responsibility, i.e. Problem... Read More with another vendor. The food was amazing and the space is beautiful. I highly recommend this place to my friends and anyone looking to host a wedding or other event!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Lindsey K

My husband and I can not say enough positive things about the livestock exchange room and Brandeis catering! Our reception was held on 7/25/15 in the north ballroom. We worked with Carolyn leading up to the event and she helped to make sure everything went smoothly. Carolyn was... Read More able to answer questions before we even thought to ask them! The night of the event couldn't have went better - we truly wouldn't have changed a thing! The staff the evening of the event (especially Bev and a gentleman whose name has slipped my mind) was prompt and responsive and took care of any request we had without hesitation ! The staff are pros at what they do and despite doing receptions weekend after weekend they made us feel special and they made us feel like they truly cared and were happy for us. Thank you Brandeis, Carolyn and Bev for making wonderful memories that will last us a lifetime.

Livestock Exhange Building is amazing

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

We had our daughter's wedding reception in the North Ballroom of the Livestock Exchange Building and absolutely loved it. The room was just beautiful and the food was delicious. The wait staff were so professional and extremely helpful. We received many compliments on the... Read More venue, food and staff. It was a wonderful evening and one that we will never forget. Brandeis catering also provided the food for our wedding reception 35 years ago and have stood the test of time. I fell in love with the room when we were looking for a reception venue and it was our first choice. Carolyn was so very helpful. I highly recommend the Livestock Exchange Building.

Livestock Exchange Venue

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

From the first day we started our wedding journey with Michelle at Livestock until the day of the wedding and everything in between everything went perfect! She was so easy to work with. I could tell she cared very much about my daughters wedding! That meant a lot to us,... Read More because I am sure she made other families feel the same way! I would highly recommend the Livestock for your wedding venue!!!

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Becca S

Fantastic job! Fantastic people to work with!

THE BEST!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Ashley F

We wanted a reception venue with windows that was elegant and romantic. The North Ballroom was absolutely perfect and beautiful. The staff there is amazing and so accommodating. The food is delicious and we received so many compliments on it. Everything was spectacular and all... Read More that I have ever dreamed of. Michelle is amazing!

Thank you Carolyn!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Liz M

Our wedding was held in the gorgeous North Ballroom at the Livestock Exchange building. We chose the space for the amazing windows, neutral colors and we were not disappointed! Carolyn made the planning process a breeze. She was always available for any questions and made... Read More everything as easy as possible for us. The night of the wedding, the staff was very attentive and made sure that my groom and I had everything we needed. Thanks to Carolyn and the Brandeis team, our wedding was a dream!