Livestock Exchange Building

(12)

Omaha, NE

Capacity: More than 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Omaha Nebraska's Historic Ballrooms - 10th Floor

Named to Omaha's historic landmarks in 1999, the Livestock Exchange Building is a romantic setting that dates back to 1926, when it served as the center of the livestock industry in Omaha. Our events planners work with you to create an event that you will be praising for years to come.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

$$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Mansion/Historic Site

4920 S. 30th Street (30th & L), Omaha, NE

Classy, Elegant Venue with Great Service!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Stefanie L

I could not have been more pleased to have this location for my wedding reception! The service was great--I can't say enough good things about Carolyn, our coordinator, who was there every step of the way! She was very accommodating, was quick to answer any questions, and was just fantastic to work with! I was having a hard time finding venues that would be willing to house a 17 piece jazz band (of which my fiance was a member), and she was excited about the whole thing when I first mentioned it! We decided on the North Ballroom, and it was plenty spacious for a band of that size and 200 guests to eat and dance without feeling crowded! The tall ceilings and large windows provided a simple yet elegant art-deco backdrop that was perfect for our vintage theme. We honestly didn't need too many decorations for the room because the venue was perfect on its own--the centerpieces were enough! The bar in the North ballroom was also original to the location! There is a difference in renting the facility on a Friday and a Saturday -- we ended up booking a Friday night wedding, which worked out well because we could set up our wedding décor the day before (as there were no other events being held Thursday). Friday night also cost $500 less than Saturday, which was nice for our budget! They do have a minimum amount of guests required for hosting certain nights, which is also why we chose Friday. We heard so many compliments from our guests about how wonderful the food was from Brandeis Catering! It was delicious! We also selected a beverage package based on our budget and what kinds of drinks we wanted served. Yet again, Carolyn was more than accommodating with our many last-minute changes and answered all of our many questions. Lastly, I would completely recommend this location to any couple who wants a more all-inclusive wedding reception. In order to rent the facility, you have to use Brandeis Catering, but your “package” includes a lot: the room itself, tables, chairs, utensils, glasses, tablecloths, cake table, gift table, and of course, the food. You don't have to bring in other items unless it’s your preference—we rented chair covers for example. The food is priced separately from the venue, but they have multiple options to choose from (hors d'oeuvres vs buffet vs plated). Overall, we were so pleased with our choice of The Livestock Exchange Building for our reception! It was classy, elegant, and were so pleased with the service! I would highly recommend this venue!

Everything I dreamed of

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Maggie O

I highly recommend the Livestock Exchange Building for a reception location. We had our reception in the south ballroom in June of 2013. The ballroom is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Not only is the location breathtaking, Brandeis Catering staff are wonderful people to work with. We were able to tour the location and email for follow up questions as necessary. We do not live in town and were able to send the contracts back and forth effortlessly. The ballroom was open for plenty of time for us to decorate. Brandeis Catering has multiple options for linens as well as centerpieces, although we added some of our own. When we arrived after the ceremony, our night went perfectly. The staff made sure that everything was organized, the food was set up and refilled as necessary, and they were extremely friendly toward us and our guests. There was a variety of food that was available for adults and children; many guests said it was the best food at a wedding they have ever had. I have been to many weddings and must say that I felt most welcome and at home at the Livestock Exchange Building. They went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and that we had the perfect day. I am very thankful that we had the opportunity to have the most important day of our lives celebrated in such an incredible place. We would not change one thing about our wedding celebration and would love to attend more weddings at the Livestock Exchange Building!

Gorgeous and Accommodating

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Michaela F

The Livestock Exchange Building North Ballroom was so beautiful, it literally brought tears to my aunt's eyes the first time she walked in the room - even before we decorated! The staff was very helpful and even let us decorate it ourselves days before the wedding. We also loved how everything was included in one easy contract - less work on our part! We didn't have to coordinate place settings, linens, food, etc. The venue is absolutely breathtaking and we highly recommend this for your wedding. It is classically chic and impressive.

Great experience

Reviewed on 3/29/2015

We had a wedding ceremony in the Livestock Exchange South Ballroom and the reception in the North Ballroom. Both worked out very well, with the North Ballroom being absolutely beautiful, even without decorations other than the centerpieces. Parking was no problem and guests can drive right up to the door, which was very helpful for elderly guests. The food from Brandeis Catering was delicious and was hot (which I had worried about since it is brought from another location.) Our only disappointment during the whole process was that the menu tasting event which had been scheduled for November was changed to February, which was just too close to our March event. We did then get to have a limited personal tasting which ended up working out well. Most impressive was the entire staff. Our warm and gracious wedding coordinator, Carolyn Sullivan, could not have been more helpful with suggestions, information and clear timelines. The day before the wedding when we set up, the staff were accommodating and made sure we had what we needed to get the job done. On the night of the wedding, the wait staff, bartenders and especially our main contact person, Betty, were outstanding. They did their jobs quietly and professionally and were very helpful, right up till the time we carted out our flowers and the last box of items we had brought in. Overall we had no regrets and felt like the experience could not have gone better.

Slightly Disappointed

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Bethany S

The ballroom itself is very beautiful and spacious. It has large/long windows all along one wall to allow for a gorgeous view of downtown Omaha as well as giving the ballroom some personality. However, I was disappointed that this venue does not provide anyone to assist in the set up...(my brother's wedding reception venue provided a staff member who set up all the center pieces and decorations for them the day before)...the Livestock Exchange will only set out the tables/table clothes so we had scramble to set all the center pieces and decorations up ourselves on the already busy rehearsal day. Also, I wasn't happy with the cake table placement...we had a very magnificent statement cake and it was shoved into a back corner (with the topper touching a light on the ceiling) when it should have been placed in a more central part of the ballroom or close to the entrance into the ballroom. Also, the dance floor area was very narrow rather than being a large squared off section as it should have been. The price to rent the venue was very reasonable but to me, It would have been worth it to just pay a little more for a different venue that would set up for us, placed the cake in a better spot, and had a better dance floor space. Other than those few issues, this is a nice place to have a wedding reception. (The total cost I've added in with this review reflects the room rental fee, security fee, all catering/drinks, alcohol, other fees, and taxes for a reception of approximately 150 guests).

Great reception location

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 Kaitlin O

We were in search of an elegant ballroom for our reception venue, which led us to choose the historic Livestock Exchange Building. Most of my family grew up in South O, so the building had a reminiscent aura about it that many guests really enjoyed. Our reception was held in the smaller of the two ballrooms (seats approximately 250 people) and had a charming balcony that wrapped around the top of the space (perfect for the bouquet toss!) The ballrooms are located on the top floor of the building, where you arrive on elevators. The only negative about the elevator ride is that you may be joined by the tenants living in the building, which can be a little awkward at times. The windows are nearly floor-to-ceiling in height and gave way to a night sky view. There was a thunderstorm that night, so we had a lightening show, too!

Reception in North Ballroom

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Kaitlin O

They are AMAZING!! Beyond helpful and quick to respond. Have nothing to complain about because they were so on top of everything and willing to help. Food was great and had a sit-down meal and was served quickly for 200+ people. From the service to the food to the other help it was beyond great.

Beautiful, great service, but cold food

Reviewed on 12/10/2011 Renee F

Everything was great. Michelle coordinated well, and was flexible with schedule. They let us set up early because there wasnt an even before, and let us pick up some items next day so we could enjoy our wedding night. Only complaint was our food was not same as tasting, pasta was cold and dry even though we arrived exactly at the time we told them. Went very well overall

Reception

Reviewed on 11/11/2011 Trish T

Our reception was at the livestock and it was absolutely beautiful. The caterers - especially carolyn - was fabulous! She was so helpful and knew just how we should have everything placed. I would highly recommend this venue.

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 9/02/2011 Courtney R

Beautiful place to have a wedding. The view is spectacular and the catering is wonderful. Overall, a wonderful venue.

Breautiful Reception Spot.

Reviewed on 10/05/2010 Lisa J

Ballroom was beautiful. We worked with Carolyn who was very professional,experienced and helpful. Guests all enjoyed their food and commented on how great everything looked.

Absolutely perfect

Reviewed on 9/07/2010 Nancy P

My reception could not have been better. The food was great, the venue is ALWAYS gorgeous, but more than anything, the customer service was phenomenal. I planned my even from 1200 miles away, and Carolyn Sullivan with Brandeis cateringwas amazing. She made it so easy, and it is because of her that my wedding reception was perfect.

Send Email