Log Haven Restaurant

Salt Lake City, UT

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Log Haven Restaurant

Log Haven is synonymous with wildflowers, waterfalls and weddings. It began its existence with romance - as an anniversary gift to the wife of the founder of Geneva Steel. It is the idyllic destination wedding and is widely known as the best place to showcase Utah's mountain splendor.

• Outdoor - Covered

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Restaurant, Tented

6451 East Millcreek Canyon, Salt Lake City, UT

Venue

Reviewed on 2/12/2014 Linsey E

Everything was wonderful! A little pricey, but worth it!

The Madow is Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Laurie A

I loved having my wedding here. It was a little cold but that could be because we had it in the middle of October. The tree were amazing colors and the view was great. The food was good. And we had fun there. The only downfall was the bridal suite was really small and Really... Read More only the Bride could get ready there. I had my Bridesmaid get their hair and makeup done somewhere else, and they did but on there dresses there. But over all it was a great place to have a wedding.

Awesome but pretty expensive

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Gaelle M

Everything went great. Faith was there for us for the very beginning and very responsive to all my emails. I had a reply to my email in the hour. The only thing is that the venue is not cheap but it's so beautiful that I think it's worth the money.

Reviewed on 8/30/2015

I couldn't have been more disappointed in my interaction with Log Haven. I communicated with the venue every day for over a week, expressing my interest in a particular date. As I learned the necessary details, I was consistently assured that my date was available. I asked... Read More several times if it was necessary to provide any kind of down payment to reserve my date and was told it wasn't necessary. Once I was ready to officially announce my date to friends and family, I called Log Haven to provide my credit card information and officially reserve the venue. The individual I spoke with wasn't willing to take my credit card information and asked me to call back the next day, but did assure me that the venue was still available for me. I had a very short engagement, so at that point I communicated to friends and family the date the ceremony would take place and they began booking their flights into town. The next morning, I called Log Haven again to provide payment. Suddenly, I was told that the venue had just been reserved and was no longer available to me. Of course, I expressed my dissatisfaction and rather than being willing to work with me, the women in charge of booking the venue couldn't have cared less and ultimately hung up on me. This put me into complete panic mode and I looked for any venue I could find. Fortunately, Millcreek Inn, just down the street, was available and provided a magnificent experience. The people at Millcreek were completely the opposite of the people at Log Haven. They were legitimately interested in taking good care of me and ensuring the perfect experience. The people at Log Haven, on the other hand, acted like it was my pleasure to be working with them. I'd strongly encourage people to not utilize Log Haven's services. The people at Millcreek Inn are likely to provide a superior experience.

Reviewed on 8/30/2015

Don't go here! Worse customer service around. Due to a mix up on their end, they canceled our wedding booking three weeks before the date. We ended up at Millcreek Inn and it was PERFECT. They were so accommodating, professional and had better food plus you get the whole place... Read More to yourself.

Best wedding venue!!!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Alicia D

I received soooo many compliments on the beauty of the wedding, how delicious the food was, how efficient and kind the staff was, and the drinks were great too. Beautiful place to get married and the staff definetly help take the stress away!

Log Haven Wedding

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Jamie B

My wedding was PERFECT! Thanks to the staff at Log Haven. My wedding planner at Log Haven was Faith, and she is the nicest, kindest person and made sure that I was totally taken care of. Because of her, my wedding was beautiful!! I would totally recommend Log Haven for any... Read More event.

Amamzing!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Aspen Y

Log Haven is an amazing location for a outdoor wedding outside of town. The people were extrememly helpful and were willing to work with us so that our day went smoothly. The food was amazing (buffet) and the service was great. Because it's up off the road, it was quiet. We... Read More never even noticed that main dinner service for the restaurant was going on at the same time. Our guests gushed about how beautiful the location was! Plus, you can get away with fairly simple decorations because Log Haven is amazing on it's own.

Wonderful venue!

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Margaret N

The location and food at Log Haven is amazing. Though the rental costs are a little pricey, it was very much worth it. The staff were absolutely wonderful and helped make our wedding fabulous. Only downside would be the lack of cell service up in the canyon.Other than that,... Read More GREAT place to have a wedding.

Loved the Log Haven!

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Kellyn M

The perfect location for a beautiful reception up in the mountains! The staff was great, everything was perfect.

Perfect Romantic Venue

Reviewed on 1/05/2012 Candy G

Log Haven was fully decorated for the Christmas holiday and provided a perfect backdrop for our fireside ceremony. The staff was incredible to work with.

Exemplary in EVERY way!

Reviewed on 11/12/2011 Emily M

Everything was perfect about holding my wedding at Log Haven. The event staff, Faith and Joni, were incredible at helping us think through the preparations. When it snowed the day before out wedding, they made a million adjustments to ensure that it went off without a hitch.... Read More Brenda was a fabulous lead server. I always had everything I wanted or needed and they were so attentive to our guests. My guests are still talking, 1 month later, about the incredible service, beautiful location and amazing (always) food! Thank you Log Haven!

Excellent Venue - Expensive Bar

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Lindsay B

We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding. We were married in the fall and the view was more than amazing. The staff was very attentive and was always checking with me to make sure everything was going as it should. The food was AMAZING I had several... Read More compliments from guests afterwards about how wonderful it was. The only negative was the expense of the alcohol, without being able to provide our own and having them charge the restaurant price it added up very fast. We also had some issues with our bill that have yet to be resolved. Since they caught my groom as we were trying to leave (with all our guests waiting for us outside) he didn't have time to stay and review it with the owner. However, they do have the option of a cash bar. Also, the owner was very rude to my dj when it was time to end the dancing. Instead of warning him that things needed to come to a close he threatened to "un-plug" him if he didn't stop. All in all however it was a great day that we'll never forget.

Perfect setting, perfect service

Reviewed on 10/01/2011 Jenniffer L

The people there were so helpful and willing to bend over backwards to make sure our day was perfect. The setting was gorgeous and well taken care of. Definitely got more than our money's worth, I'd recommend Log Haven to any one.

Speechless (in a good way)!

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Amy A

What can I say? The staff at Log Haven are amazing. Faith and Jonie were so great to work with and put my mind at ease with everything. The location is gorgeous and the food excellent! Everything ran so smoothly because our wedding was at Log Haven! The cost included the... Read More service, food, drinks, space, chairs... everything.

TO Log Haven Restaurant