Log Haven Restaurant

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Restaurant, Tented

6451 East Millcreek Canyon, Salt Lake City, UT

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Megan K

Our experience with Log Haven was wonderful from beginning to end. We got married in the meadow Sept 10, 2016 and it was breathtaking! The leaves were just barely starting to turn. Our reception was across the street at the restaurant where we rented the entire property (inside... Read More and outside) and it was perfect!!! Our wedding was about 250 people. We hired a lighting company to string bistro lights over the dance floor and it was dreamy! Faith is one of the wedding coordinators (sales and event manager) and was who we worked with the most. She was on top of everything, responded quickly to emails, and made everything so stress free! The day of the wedding she was fabulous and made sure everything went smoothly. Ian is the general manager/co-owner and was also very helpful the day of the wedding. Our parents gushed about Ian and Faith and how the two of them made sure they were taken care of and having a great time. Thank you so much, Log Haven, for the amazing memories from start to finish!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Brittney T

The best decision we made for our wedding was holding it at Log Haven. Everyone was so impressed with everything from the setting to the staff to the food. Kim and Faith were excellent to work with during the planning stage. Kim was absolutely amazing the day of the wedding. She... Read More made sure everything ran smoothly and seemed to be everywhere she was needed. We rented the amphitheater and patio for our May wedding. It was absolutely magical. Every single guest commented on how perfect the venue was and how amazing the food was. Many people said it was the best meal they have ever had. I can honestly say that my wedding day was the best day of my life thanks to how perfect everything was at Log Haven. The ceremony location was stunning and walking in through the woods with my dad is a fun and unique memory that we will always have. It was a really cold night but they had space heaters out and people could go inside to warm up. I hope I'm not forgetting anything but you definitely will not be disappointed if you choose Log Haven for your wedding and reception location. We could not have chosen a better venue.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Lauren M

We enjoyed every step of the process with Faith and her team at Log Haven. We could not have asked for a better venue, food, or day. Faith was very helpful throughout the process, even on the day of when there was a little mix up with flowers. She got right on it and made... Read More sure neither I nor my groom needed to worry. If you want an easy all-inclusive venue with beautiful outdoor scenery and delicious food, pick Log Haven. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 David R

They were really great and helpful with us and getting everything ready for the reception. If there was something we didn't like they were able to help us take care of it quickly.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Emily S

Log Haven was a beautiful setting for our wedding! I wanted a romantic woodsy wedding and that's exactly what we got! Faith did an amazing job helping out on the details and she answered ALL of our many questions. The day was perfect and I'm so glad we decided to do our wedding... Read More here. Everyone loved the food as well! I would highly recommend having your special day here! You won't regret it ☺️

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Kara K

Log Haven was the most perfect venue for an August wedding! It could not have been more magical or beautiful. Faith and Kim are so fantastic to work with and truly want to help make this the best day ever. Their skill and expertise are unmatched. The service at Log Haven is... Read More impeccable and there are not enough words for the quality and deliciousness of the food. Our wedding at Log Haven was surreal and a dream come true. Many thanks!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Melissa C

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful all thanks to Log Haven. From the day we toured the venue to our wedding day, we had such a wonderful experience planning with the staff. Faith and Kim were always available to assist and answer any questions. The on-site staff was equally... Read More as incredible and worked so hard to make our day perfect. Faith and Cynthia (the on-site supervisor) even brought drinks and ordives over to my husband and I while we took our photos during cocktail hour. Gestures like that meant the world to us, especially since we were able to try all of the delicious food that Log Haven offers. One minor thing that we didn't think about prior to our wedding was a transportation plan for our out-of-town/drinking guests because I found out on the night of that Uber/Lyft does not service up the canyon, only taxis and it took a little bit of time for people to catch rides back to the hotel. Aside from that oversight on our end, we are so grateful that we celebrated our special day at this amazing venue.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Sylvie B

I am so unbelievably happy with how my wedding at log haven went. Faith and Cynthia are the event planners there. Cynthia guided the wedding on the day of and we love her! So beautiful at log haven. Married on June 5, 2016 in the evening. Perfect weather and barely needed any... Read More decorations. Good was delicious. Costs were made very clear and we met several times to go over everything. They provided linens tables chairs utensils, servers and valet!!! So happy.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016

Big thanks to the team at the Log Haven! I did not anticipate all the details a wedding required and the Log Haven team was right there to point out and fill out the gaps. Their service was impeccable, their attention always welcomed. The lunch they served us was delicious... Read More and perfectly executed. We were a total of 18 happy people when we arrived to the Haven, while at the Haven, and when we left the Haven. I would repeat this experience again with them with no doubt or reserve.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Perfect wedding; delicious food; beautiful venue. Everyone was so helpful! Great memories!

Memorable beautiful winter wedding

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

The wedding was amazing. The staff at Log Haven took care of us so well. The place, the staff and the food was amazing. We couldn't ask for more. They helped us through all the planing and taking care of the event. We had the winter conservatory for the ceremony and reception.... Read More Everything was amazing, specially the appetizer Beef wellington =). My fiance was 1 hour late and they were still on top of everything. Thank you all so much.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015

Overall, we loved our wedding at Log Haven, but there were definitely a few bad points along the way which I want to make others aware of in case it happens to them. Firstly, the good stuff. Well, the location is amazing - the trees, lake, waterfall...all are so beautiful.... Read More The food was delicious and the serving staff were polite and friendly. We had our wedding in the meadow and then had dinner in the restaurant with a few guests. It was a small wedding. Now, sadly the bad points. We are 99% sure we weren't told about the additional 20% charge of the total amount, but when we asked about it after the shock wore off, we were told by the event coordinator that she 'has worked there for years and has never not told anyone about this cost' and that we were mistaken. She was absolutely correct in stating that it says in the event details that there will be an added service charge, but we naively thought that that was for the meal only. What we don't understand, is why isn't the charge in writing from the very beginning? Why is it just stated as 'service charge?' and not 'a 20% service charge'? We feel like it was really misleading. If all the costs are discussed upfront then there are no surprises later. Secondly, my husband and I were in a long distance relationship, so we had asked that we both be cc'd in the emails so that we both got the information. This was virtually never done despite countless reminders to the event coordinator. I really felt like I was bugging her by constantly reminding her, but I'm not sure why 'reply all' just wasn't pressed after each email! It meant that I missed important information, and as my husband is in the military, he can't always check his emails on a regular basis. I would also ask her a few questions in the email, and would constantly only receive the answer to one of the questions in return, which meant numerous emails back and forth. I understand that they must be busy, but it was really unprofessional. Also, There was a total of 13 people at our wedding. From the beginning, the coordinator knew that it was going to be between 12 and 14 people. A couple of months before I had asked the event coordinator the dimensions of the table so that I could get a table runner made for it and had asked for one long table. She said that wasn't a problem and gave me the dimensions. Then ONE WEEK before the wedding she emailed to tell us that we would be seated at 2 separate tables due to having 13 guests, and that we would be served separately due to having more than 12 guests. That really annoyed us as what's one more guest?! Surely an exception can be made? Luckily, in the end I reminded her about having all my decorations made and she managed to accommodate us, but that was a freak out I didn't need a week before the big day... Really, the main thing was the extra cost. We did accept it in the end (and gave an additional gratuity as the day went really well), we just wish that they were upfront about the exact cost in writing from the beginning, instead of fingers pointing the blame at us 'not remembering' the cost discussion. It does seem like they have got a little too comfortable with their 5* rating, as the customer service was definitely not up to par. Overall, yes, we would recommend Log Haven for your wedding, just make sure you ask about ALL the costs up front. It really is a beautiful place and we had a wonderful day.

D&D Rollins

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

We had the most prefect day for our wedding and reception! The support and professionalism of the staff at Log Haven made this a worry free day for us. So we could focus on enjoying our wedding and lunch with your special friends and family. Everything went prefect! I would... Read More highly recommended this if you wish to have a worry free and elegant venue for your wedding and reception. Many blessings, Mr. and Mrs. Rollins

Dream wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Adrienne P

Log Haven is the perfect place for a wedding. The atmosphere is amazing and magical! Faith and Cynthia were awesome to work with and made sure that the day went perfectly. It was the dream wedding that we had always dreamed of!!

Wonderful venue!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Jenna G

We were so happy with Log Haven from our first visit there to when we exited on our wedding day. Faith provided exemplary customer service and definitely made sure that we were well taken care of. She took the time to get to know us and our style and made us feel cared for and... Read More respected as individuals throughout the process. Additionally, the venue is so beautiful! That is what drew us there in the first place - the location. It is a beautiful cabin-in-the-woods-feel paired with elegance in a stunning outdoor backdrop. The food was excellent. We chose to have 2 hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour (the only downside was that they ran out of appetizers; I would recommend to other couples to have more than we did!). Everyone loved the hors d'oeuvres. We then did a dinner buffet that was filling and was made with natural ingredients, which also was something we were looking for. The food was loved by us and all of our guests. Faith and her team were really so excellent to work with. They made sure that things flowed seamlessly and that we could enjoy our wedding day without stressing about anything. That, combined with Log Haven’s natural beauty, made this an excellent ceremony and reception venue that we so highly recommend!

Personal, well-done, and amazing location

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Jenna G

Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

My guests and family were unbelievably impressed with the beauty of the ceremony and venue. We lucked out on the weather. The food was really great, I highly recommend the appetizers, definitely worth the additional money. We had our wedding on a Sunday morning, so the... Read More price was extremely reasonable, and the light was perfect! Faith and Kim were very accommodating, and they made some allowances so we could have a worry-free and personalized wedding ceremony and reception. Everything ran very smoothly, and wonderfully! thank you!

Wonderful Venue... Great Service

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Lauren M

Faith and her team at Log Haven really make sure your planning process is as easy as possible. Emails and questions were answered timely and accurately. For a full-service location, the price was reasonable. It was worth it to me to have most things planned in one place. I... Read More highly recommend Log Haven for both ceremony and reception. Beautiful, must see!

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Taryn A

I had my ceremony and reception at Log Haven this summer. Everything was absolutely perfect! The scenery cannot be beat, and the location is much more convenient than some of the other mountain venues. It is only three miles up Millcreek Canyon, so it is easy to access, yet... Read More still feels like you're out of the city. The staff was wonderful and the food was excellent! It is a little pricey, but I think the prices are similar to the nicer venues in Salt Lake. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone, but make sure to reserve it well in advance because it is usually booked out a couple months in advance.

Reviewed on 8/30/2015

I couldn't have been more disappointed in my interaction with Log Haven. I communicated with the venue every day for over a week, expressing my interest in a particular date. As I learned the necessary details, I was consistently assured that my date was available. I asked... Read More several times if it was necessary to provide any kind of down payment to reserve my date and was told it wasn't necessary. Once I was ready to officially announce my date to friends and family, I called Log Haven to provide my credit card information and officially reserve the venue. The individual I spoke with wasn't willing to take my credit card information and asked me to call back the next day, but did assure me that the venue was still available for me. I had a very short engagement, so at that point I communicated to friends and family the date the ceremony would take place and they began booking their flights into town. The next morning, I called Log Haven again to provide payment. Suddenly, I was told that the venue had just been reserved and was no longer available to me. Of course, I expressed my dissatisfaction and rather than being willing to work with me, the women in charge of booking the venue couldn't have cared less and ultimately hung up on me. This put me into complete panic mode and I looked for any venue I could find. Fortunately, Millcreek Inn, just down the street, was available and provided a magnificent experience. The people at Millcreek were completely the opposite of the people at Log Haven. They were legitimately interested in taking good care of me and ensuring the perfect experience. The people at Log Haven, on the other hand, acted like it was my pleasure to be working with them. I'd strongly encourage people to not utilize Log Haven's services. The people at Millcreek Inn are likely to provide a superior experience.

2015-09-10T19:41:20 Response from the vendor

I am so glad to read that you had a lovely wedding at our neighbor's facility. I am sorry that you were unable to host your event here at Log Haven. When we first spoke with you, the date you desired was not available. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/30/2015

Don't go here! Worse customer service around. Due to a mix up on their end, they canceled our wedding booking three weeks before the date. We ended up at Millcreek Inn and it was PERFECT. They were so accommodating, professional and had better food plus you get the whole place... Read More to yourself.

2015-09-10T19:39:48 Response from the vendor

I am so glad to read that you had a lovely wedding at our neighbor's facility. It is certainly our intent to provide exceptional service, food and, of course, a scenic setting and it is always a concern to read that we have disappointed. I... Read Less Read More

Best wedding venue!!!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Alicia D

I received soooo many compliments on the beauty of the wedding, how delicious the food was, how efficient and kind the staff was, and the drinks were great too. Beautiful place to get married and the staff definetly help take the stress away!

Venue

Reviewed on 2/12/2014 Linsey E

Everything was wonderful! A little pricey, but worth it!

The Madow is Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Laurie A

I loved having my wedding here. It was a little cold but that could be because we had it in the middle of October. The tree were amazing colors and the view was great. The food was good. And we had fun there. The only downfall was the bridal suite was really small and Really... Read More only the Bride could get ready there. I had my Bridesmaid get their hair and makeup done somewhere else, and they did but on there dresses there. But over all it was a great place to have a wedding.

Awesome but pretty expensive

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Gaelle M

Everything went great. Faith was there for us for the very beginning and very responsive to all my emails. I had a reply to my email in the hour. The only thing is that the venue is not cheap but it's so beautiful that I think it's worth the money.