Log Haven Restaurant

Salt Lake City, UT

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Log Haven Restaurant

Log Haven is synonymous with wildflowers, waterfalls and weddings. It began its existence with romance - as an anniversary gift to the wife of the founder of Geneva Steel. It is the idyllic destination wedding and is widely known as the best place to showcase Utah's mountain splendor.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Restaurant, Tented

6451 East Millcreek Canyon, Salt Lake City, UT

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Lauren M

We enjoyed every step of the process with Faith and her team at Log Haven. We could not have asked for a better venue, food, or day. Faith was very helpful throughout the process, even on the day of when there was a little mix up with flowers. She got right on it and made... Read More sure neither I nor my groom needed to worry. If you want an easy all-inclusive venue with beautiful outdoor scenery and delicious food, pick Log Haven. You won't be disappointed.

Best wedding venue!!!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Alicia D

I received soooo many compliments on the beauty of the wedding, how delicious the food was, how efficient and kind the staff was, and the drinks were great too. Beautiful place to get married and the staff definetly help take the stress away!

Log Haven Wedding

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Jamie B

My wedding was PERFECT! Thanks to the staff at Log Haven. My wedding planner at Log Haven was Faith, and she is the nicest, kindest person and made sure that I was totally taken care of. Because of her, my wedding was beautiful!! I would totally recommend Log Haven for any... Read More event.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016

Big thanks to the team at the Log Haven! I did not anticipate all the details a wedding required and the Log Haven team was right there to point out and fill out the gaps. Their service was impeccable, their attention always welcomed. The lunch they served us was delicious... Read More and perfectly executed. We were a total of 18 happy people when we arrived to the Haven, while at the Haven, and when we left the Haven. I would repeat this experience again with them with no doubt or reserve.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Perfect wedding; delicious food; beautiful venue. Everyone was so helpful! Great memories!

Memorable beautiful winter wedding

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

The wedding was amazing. The staff at Log Haven took care of us so well. The place, the staff and the food was amazing. We couldn't ask for more. They helped us through all the planing and taking care of the event. We had the winter conservatory for the ceremony and reception.... Read More Everything was amazing, specially the appetizer Beef wellington =). My fiance was 1 hour late and they were still on top of everything. Thank you all so much.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015

Overall, we loved our wedding at Log Haven, but there were definitely a few bad points along the way which I want to make others aware of in case it happens to them. Firstly, the good stuff. Well, the location is amazing - the trees, lake, waterfall...all are so beautiful.... Read More The food was delicious and the serving staff were polite and friendly. We had our wedding in the meadow and then had dinner in the restaurant with a few guests. It was a small wedding. Now, sadly the bad points. We are 99% sure we weren't told about the additional 20% charge of the total amount, but when we asked about it after the shock wore off, we were told by the event coordinator that she 'has worked there for years and has never not told anyone about this cost' and that we were mistaken. She was absolutely correct in stating that it says in the event details that there will be an added service charge, but we naively thought that that was for the meal only. What we don't understand, is why isn't the charge in writing from the very beginning? Why is it just stated as 'service charge?' and not 'a 20% service charge'? We feel like it was really misleading. If all the costs are discussed upfront then there are no surprises later. Secondly, my husband and I were in a long distance relationship, so we had asked that we both be cc'd in the emails so that we both got the information. This was virtually never done despite countless reminders to the event coordinator. I really felt like I was bugging her by constantly reminding her, but I'm not sure why 'reply all' just wasn't pressed after each email! It meant that I missed important information, and as my husband is in the military, he can't always check his emails on a regular basis. I would also ask her a few questions in the email, and would constantly only receive the answer to one of the questions in return, which meant numerous emails back and forth. I understand that they must be busy, but it was really unprofessional. Also, There was a total of 13 people at our wedding. From the beginning, the coordinator knew that it was going to be between 12 and 14 people. A couple of months before I had asked the event coordinator the dimensions of the table so that I could get a table runner made for it and had asked for one long table. She said that wasn't a problem and gave me the dimensions. Then ONE WEEK before the wedding she emailed to tell us that we would be seated at 2 separate tables due to having 13 guests, and that we would be served separately due to having more than 12 guests. That really annoyed us as what's one more guest?! Surely an exception can be made? Luckily, in the end I reminded her about having all my decorations made and she managed to accommodate us, but that was a freak out I didn't need a week before the big day... Really, the main thing was the extra cost. We did accept it in the end (and gave an additional gratuity as the day went really well), we just wish that they were upfront about the exact cost in writing from the beginning, instead of fingers pointing the blame at us 'not remembering' the cost discussion. It does seem like they have got a little too comfortable with their 5* rating, as the customer service was definitely not up to par. Overall, yes, we would recommend Log Haven for your wedding, just make sure you ask about ALL the costs up front. It really is a beautiful place and we had a wonderful day.

D&D Rollins

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

We had the most prefect day for our wedding and reception! The support and professionalism of the staff at Log Haven made this a worry free day for us. So we could focus on enjoying our wedding and lunch with your special friends and family. Everything went prefect! I would... Read More highly recommended this if you wish to have a worry free and elegant venue for your wedding and reception. Many blessings, Mr. and Mrs. Rollins

Dream wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Adrienne P

Log Haven is the perfect place for a wedding. The atmosphere is amazing and magical! Faith and Cynthia were awesome to work with and made sure that the day went perfectly. It was the dream wedding that we had always dreamed of!!

Wonderful venue!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Jenna G

We were so happy with Log Haven from our first visit there to when we exited on our wedding day. Faith provided exemplary customer service and definitely made sure that we were well taken care of. She took the time to get to know us and our style and made us feel cared for and... Read More respected as individuals throughout the process. Additionally, the venue is so beautiful! That is what drew us there in the first place - the location. It is a beautiful cabin-in-the-woods-feel paired with elegance in a stunning outdoor backdrop. The food was excellent. We chose to have 2 hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour (the only downside was that they ran out of appetizers; I would recommend to other couples to have more than we did!). Everyone loved the hors d'oeuvres. We then did a dinner buffet that was filling and was made with natural ingredients, which also was something we were looking for. The food was loved by us and all of our guests. Faith and her team were really so excellent to work with. They made sure that things flowed seamlessly and that we could enjoy our wedding day without stressing about anything. That, combined with Log Haven’s natural beauty, made this an excellent ceremony and reception venue that we so highly recommend!

Personal, well-done, and amazing location

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Jenna G

Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

My guests and family were unbelievably impressed with the beauty of the ceremony and venue. We lucked out on the weather. The food was really great, I highly recommend the appetizers, definitely worth the additional money. We had our wedding on a Sunday morning, so the... Read More price was extremely reasonable, and the light was perfect! Faith and Kim were very accommodating, and they made some allowances so we could have a worry-free and personalized wedding ceremony and reception. Everything ran very smoothly, and wonderfully! thank you!

Wonderful Venue... Great Service

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Lauren M

Faith and her team at Log Haven really make sure your planning process is as easy as possible. Emails and questions were answered timely and accurately. For a full-service location, the price was reasonable. It was worth it to me to have most things planned in one place. I... Read More highly recommend Log Haven for both ceremony and reception. Beautiful, must see!

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Taryn A

I had my ceremony and reception at Log Haven this summer. Everything was absolutely perfect! The scenery cannot be beat, and the location is much more convenient than some of the other mountain venues. It is only three miles up Millcreek Canyon, so it is easy to access, yet... Read More still feels like you're out of the city. The staff was wonderful and the food was excellent! It is a little pricey, but I think the prices are similar to the nicer venues in Salt Lake. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone, but make sure to reserve it well in advance because it is usually booked out a couple months in advance.

Reviewed on 8/30/2015

I couldn't have been more disappointed in my interaction with Log Haven. I communicated with the venue every day for over a week, expressing my interest in a particular date. As I learned the necessary details, I was consistently assured that my date was available. I asked... Read More several times if it was necessary to provide any kind of down payment to reserve my date and was told it wasn't necessary. Once I was ready to officially announce my date to friends and family, I called Log Haven to provide my credit card information and officially reserve the venue. The individual I spoke with wasn't willing to take my credit card information and asked me to call back the next day, but did assure me that the venue was still available for me. I had a very short engagement, so at that point I communicated to friends and family the date the ceremony would take place and they began booking their flights into town. The next morning, I called Log Haven again to provide payment. Suddenly, I was told that the venue had just been reserved and was no longer available to me. Of course, I expressed my dissatisfaction and rather than being willing to work with me, the women in charge of booking the venue couldn't have cared less and ultimately hung up on me. This put me into complete panic mode and I looked for any venue I could find. Fortunately, Millcreek Inn, just down the street, was available and provided a magnificent experience. The people at Millcreek were completely the opposite of the people at Log Haven. They were legitimately interested in taking good care of me and ensuring the perfect experience. The people at Log Haven, on the other hand, acted like it was my pleasure to be working with them. I'd strongly encourage people to not utilize Log Haven's services. The people at Millcreek Inn are likely to provide a superior experience.

2015-09-10T19:41:20 Response from the vendor

I am so glad to read that you had a lovely wedding at our neighbor's facility. I am sorry that you were unable to host your event here at Log Haven. When we first spoke with you, the date you desired was not available. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/30/2015

Don't go here! Worse customer service around. Due to a mix up on their end, they canceled our wedding booking three weeks before the date. We ended up at Millcreek Inn and it was PERFECT. They were so accommodating, professional and had better food plus you get the whole place... Read More to yourself.

2015-09-10T19:39:48 Response from the vendor

I am so glad to read that you had a lovely wedding at our neighbor's facility. It is certainly our intent to provide exceptional service, food and, of course, a scenic setting and it is always a concern to read that we have disappointed. I... Read Less Read More

Venue

Reviewed on 2/12/2014 Linsey E

Everything was wonderful! A little pricey, but worth it!

The Madow is Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Laurie A

I loved having my wedding here. It was a little cold but that could be because we had it in the middle of October. The tree were amazing colors and the view was great. The food was good. And we had fun there. The only downfall was the bridal suite was really small and Really... Read More only the Bride could get ready there. I had my Bridesmaid get their hair and makeup done somewhere else, and they did but on there dresses there. But over all it was a great place to have a wedding.

Awesome but pretty expensive

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Gaelle M

Everything went great. Faith was there for us for the very beginning and very responsive to all my emails. I had a reply to my email in the hour. The only thing is that the venue is not cheap but it's so beautiful that I think it's worth the money.

Amamzing!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Aspen Y

Log Haven is an amazing location for a outdoor wedding outside of town. The people were extrememly helpful and were willing to work with us so that our day went smoothly. The food was amazing (buffet) and the service was great. Because it's up off the road, it was quiet. We... Read More never even noticed that main dinner service for the restaurant was going on at the same time. Our guests gushed about how beautiful the location was! Plus, you can get away with fairly simple decorations because Log Haven is amazing on it's own.

Wonderful venue!

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Margaret N

The location and food at Log Haven is amazing. Though the rental costs are a little pricey, it was very much worth it. The staff were absolutely wonderful and helped make our wedding fabulous. Only downside would be the lack of cell service up in the canyon.Other than that,... Read More GREAT place to have a wedding.

Loved the Log Haven!

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Kellyn M

The perfect location for a beautiful reception up in the mountains! The staff was great, everything was perfect.

Perfect Romantic Venue

Reviewed on 1/05/2012 Candy G

Log Haven was fully decorated for the Christmas holiday and provided a perfect backdrop for our fireside ceremony. The staff was incredible to work with.

Exemplary in EVERY way!

Reviewed on 11/12/2011 Emily M

Everything was perfect about holding my wedding at Log Haven. The event staff, Faith and Joni, were incredible at helping us think through the preparations. When it snowed the day before out wedding, they made a million adjustments to ensure that it went off without a hitch.... Read More Brenda was a fabulous lead server. I always had everything I wanted or needed and they were so attentive to our guests. My guests are still talking, 1 month later, about the incredible service, beautiful location and amazing (always) food! Thank you Log Haven!

Excellent Venue - Expensive Bar

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Lindsay B

We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding. We were married in the fall and the view was more than amazing. The staff was very attentive and was always checking with me to make sure everything was going as it should. The food was AMAZING I had several... Read More compliments from guests afterwards about how wonderful it was. The only negative was the expense of the alcohol, without being able to provide our own and having them charge the restaurant price it added up very fast. We also had some issues with our bill that have yet to be resolved. Since they caught my groom as we were trying to leave (with all our guests waiting for us outside) he didn't have time to stay and review it with the owner. However, they do have the option of a cash bar. Also, the owner was very rude to my dj when it was time to end the dancing. Instead of warning him that things needed to come to a close he threatened to "un-plug" him if he didn't stop. All in all however it was a great day that we'll never forget.