Lord Hill Farms

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Lord Hill Farms is an indoor and outdoor wedding venue consisting of 450 scenic acres located in Snohomish, Washington. Couples from Seattle, Tacoma and Everett who are seeking a flexible event space for their wedding celebration appreciate what Lord Hill Farms has to offer. There are panoramic views of both the Snohomish Valley and the beautiful Cascades as well as many areas on the grounds that make lovely intimate or large ceremony settings. Docks, walls, ponds and extensive landscaping give you plenty of options.

Lord Hill Farms hosts weddings year round so you can have a holiday or winter-themed wedding if that's your dream. Some outdoor spots include:

Walkway/Pergola area. There is room to set up 200-plus chairs and a stable spot for an arch or other wedding decorations. There is also a stable walkway surface for the promenade up to the officiant.

Pond. A lovely arching bridge connects with a dock and is a lovely backdrop for a wedding ceremony.

The indoor space is best described as rustic glamour with touches that remind you of both rural Western living and the special day you are enjoying with friends and loved ones. Twinkling lights, soaring ceilings and plenty of space make the event space at Lord Hill Farms a great choice for couples with moderately large guest lists. The expansive indoor wedding venue is divided into two sections:

Upstairs. With tall beams, elegant sconces, chandeliers and ceiling fans, this makes a great space for a ceremony or reception. It accommodates between 75 and 350 people depending on how you arrange the seating. It overlooks the pond and scenery from its large windows. The upstairs area is carpeted and wheelchair accessible. A stage and sound system are included.

Downstairs. There is over 10,000 square feet of space to play with including a 25-by-25-foot dance floor, live ficus trees, men's and women's dressing rooms, elevator and stage. Padded benches are available to set up church-pew-style for your ceremony. Up to 400 people may be served in this space.

One of the great elements about Lord Hill Farms is the 12-hour rental period, which gives you and your wedding professionals plenty of time to arrange and clean. Venue rental includes use of the grounds and both the upstairs and downstairs event spaces. With the rental, you receive 250 ceremony chairs and 250 reception chairs for your event.

Catering includes china, flatware, glassware and serving ware, plus all maintenance of the buffet and tables. Linens and skirting are provided, but centerpieces are not, so you want to choose a florist or create arrangements for your buffet tables and dining setups. The staff at Lord Hill Farms includes floral designers who also create bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages if you need a florist.

You may bring in an outside cake and outside alcohol for the head table under some conditions, but check with the staff first. No other outside food or beverages are permitted. The catering team works with you to plan a menu for guests with dietary restrictions.

Lord Hill Farms throws in lots of extra benefits to its couples at no charge. One great perk is the lounge that is set up for your wedding party that includes plush seating, soft up-lighting and a fireplace. Other extras are:

• Use of Chiavari chairs and tables indoors
  • Elegant draping on beams, sconces and chandeliers
  • Parking lot attendant during event
  • Free use of audio equipment upstairs
  • Total of 16 large banquet tables
  • Free cleanup after event

Barn, Garden

Food + Catering, Service Staff

12525 Old Snohomish Monroe Rd, Snohomish, WA (360) 568-1780

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 9/02/2011 Shiloh L

Perfect Venue. Perfect Size. Beautiful out door wedding, everything looked amazing. It is so nice to be able to walk straight from the ceremony to such a romantic setting. My cinderella wedding was truly a fairytale. Catering here is extremely reasonable, the food was excellent.... Read More They do a lot of in house work so the I didn't need a wedding planner. I even had an assistant the day of the wedding who helped me with everything! Great bang for your buck! Thank you Lord Hill!!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016

Lord Hill Farms is an amazing location to have your wedding. My husband and I truly had our dream fairytale experience at this beautiful venue. The staff was incredibly nice and flexible with every detail and last minute request that was needed. With how great everything is... Read More pre-set for a wedding (dance floor, bars, outdoor/indoor ceremony area, spacious reception hall, tables/chairs, space for grand exit outdoors, changing areas for bride/groom/wedding parties), it was the best choice my husband and I made for our wedding. Our guests had a great time, the food was very delicious, and the ceremony/reception area being all in one place was perfect. Not to mention there is a ton of parking for guests. Prices are somewhat steep and rising, but overall it was an unforgettable experience we will never forget. - Extremely happy bride

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Sarah K

We absolutely loved Lord Hill Farms! From the the look of the venue, food and the service, we're so happy with our decision to have our most memorable day captured here. Planning our wedding was stressful at times however, I felt that LHF did a great job communicating and gave... Read More us the attention to meet our needs. They were also flexible to making any changes if needed. I highly recommend this venue. Thank you LHF for all that you've done to make our wedding beyond perfect!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Casey B

I could not be happier with the venue. Aside from being beautiful, the venue was large enough to house my wedding of 140 without being cramped, but small enough to not have wasted space. The dance floor was the perfect size for my party, and the DJ stage was appreciated. The... Read More wood beams were wrapped in white lights to form beautiful sparkling archways. The wood stairs that lead up to the ceremony space were rustic and straight out of a dream. The huge window in the ceremony space upstairs was an amazing back drop of mountains, rolling hills, and beautiful blue sky, for our 5:00pm ceremony. Lord Hill Farms was the caterer for the event. I had some reservations knowing wedding food doesn't have the best reputation in general, but I was pleasantly surprised by this venue. They offered a tasting before the catering decisions were to be made, and they provide tastings of what you choose. Their sample flowers and dessert cupcakes were phenomenal as well. The Asiago Stuffed Chicken, and London Broil, which we ultimately chose, were spectacular along with the garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables (asparagus, my favorite!) The staff was amazing! They were friendly, attentive, and very professional. The staff set up the guest tables with plates, napkins, utensils, and table cloths before I arrived at the venue. They set up a table on stage for my DJ, a table for my dessert bar, as well as the upstairs podium and unity candle table. Everything looked great! The staff had open communication with me, my DJ, and my photographer to ensure the dinner time, ceremony, and toasts were on schedule. I appreciated the office staff as well. They were quick to reply to my numerous emails as well as flexible in letting me see the venue as many times as I needed. The grounds are gorgeous and provided many photo ops for my bridal party and guests. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Elizabeth S

My husband and I got married on June 26th, 2016. Lord Hill Farms was beautiful. They were extremely accommodating, and the food was delicious. The staff was very helpful throughout the entire process. It wasn't cheap, but it was nice that catering and bar services were... Read More included, as well as any other amenities you could need. If you are planning on providing your own alcohol, this isn't the right venue. Their corking fees ensure that it is not worth it to bring your own. However, there were less hidden fees than any other venue we looked at. Overall we were extremely happy with Lord Hill Farms.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

Our daughter’s wedding was held at Lord Hill Farms on July 9, 2016. What a perfect day it was and LHF had a big hand in making it a day to remember. From our initial tour of the facilities to the final clean-up after the reception, we were extremely pleased with the assistance... Read More and knowledge of the staff. They were always very quick to respond to any questions we had, whether it was by email or phone. It was a great relief to be able to take advantage their in-house catering service and with no need to rent chairs/linens/tables/dishes. Definitely fewer things to coordinate or stress about. Our relatives and friends are still talking about the beautiful venue and delicious food. It was incredible. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day for our daughter’s wedding!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Diane A

WOW!!! Our daughters wedding was Saturday July 2, 2016! LHF staff was very thorough from beginning to end! The beauty of this partial sunny warm summer day could not have been more perfect or beautiful!! A hawk hovered overhead and swooped down into the pond behind the... Read More ceremony site during the ceremony!! The grounds were impeccable and the food (turkey, ham, asparagus, mixed green salad and garlic mashed potatoes) was over the top!! The appetizers (chicken salad cornucopia, stuffed mushrooms & cheese board) went perfect with our Signature Sangria's!! ALL of the food was full of flavor and the staff made sure to come up the stairs while the bride and groom were signing the license to bring them food and drinks!! They even dished up a plate for our wedding planner as she was too busy at the time to sit down and eat. Thank you LHF for the beauty and your amazing staff to make our daughters wedding so memorable for us all!

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

Wedding day at Lord Hill Farms was indeed a wonderful, memorable time for all that attended our indoor January 2016 event. This venue has so many things that make it special - delicious food, beautiful lighting indoors and out, huge windows with a gorgeous view, comfortable... Read More seating, large dance floor, newly remodeled bar area, and attentive office and wait staff. Having the ceremony (upstairs) and reception (downstairs) all at one location was very convenient and provided more time for everyone to be together. The 12-hour rental period worked well for set-up, the wedding, reception and take-down. As with all venues, ask lots of questions so you're clear on what's included in the quoted price and which items have an extra charge. They also have some additional items you can rent ... we used the aisle hurricanes upstairs and the ceiling drapery downstairs.

Reviewed on 2/09/2016 Megan B

From working with the Lord Hill staff during the planning process, to the ceremony and reception, everything was absolutely perfect! The venue was breathtaking for our November wedding, and the downstairs reception area was beautiful for our 200 person wedding. The staff were... Read More polite and accommodating, and made the entire process incredibly easy! I could not be happier we chose to have our wedding at Lord Hill!

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 M

LHF was very flexible and convenient. Ample room for our wedding of 90 guests including seating for the parking, ceremony, and reception. We first reached out to LHF and were impressed by how courteous Tracy was. Once we compared the benefits of having a one stop shop for... Read More ceremony, reception, catering, decorating, setup/cleanup, beverage and bar tending we knew we were getting a great deal! Throughout the planning LHF was flexible and especially as we were closing in on the final days Tracy continued to be flexible which reproved a lot of stress from our lives. Grounds are well maintained and everything seemed well taken care of. I already have recommended this venue to others I know based on the amount of major services provided by this venue. I will give LHF 5 stars knowing we had a fantastic wedding thanks to LHF.

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Jen G

We had a fantastic time working with Lord Hill Farms for our October 11, 2015 wedding. Lord Hill was easy-going, accommodating, and helped us to create the perfect day. We appreciated the in-house catering, great bar service, space for a photo booth, spacious dance floor, and... Read More more. Highly recommend!

Very Pleased!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 J T

We are so happy that chose to have our wedding at Lord Hill Farms. The feel of the venue is classy yet homey - exactly what we were looking for. The landscaping and the surrounding views are beautiful, making a great impression on guests and a wonderful backdrop for photos. The... Read More office staff is efficient, professional, prompt at answering emails, and knowledgeable. The dinner menu options are wonderful, and we had many guests remark that the food was delicious. I recommend Lord Hill Farms!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Erinn H

This venue is absolutely gorgeous. The scenery and ambiance are so wonderful that you hardly even need to decorate. The catering was delicious and the presentation was excellent, with easy access for guests on both sides of the buffet. The staff are willing to work with you... Read More and your schedule with all planning which was especially helpful as my husband and I live almost 3 hours away from the venue. We were unlucky with the weather on our special day, it was 95 degrees and the venue has no air conditioning, but we made it work! It helps that the reception area is inside and you can escape from the sun in there. Overall I highly recommend this beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Liz J

My husband and I were married at LHF on 5/8/15. From the minute we arrived at LHF for our tour, we knew this was where we wanted to get married. It felt right and was beautiful. The venue doesn’t require a ton of decorations, as the space already has a lot of character, and the... Read More tables/chairs/linens/dishes etc are all provided – one less thing to coordinate on our big day. Having the option to have either an indoor OR outdoor ceremony/reception was a big deal as Washington weather is unreliable. Renting French Creek Estates is a MUST as LHF does not have a good place for getting ready. FCE is stunning, has lots of space and made the start to the day so very enjoyable (included food and beverage too!). I was able to have friends, moms, sisters, hair, make-up etc in one place, without being cramped and in a beautiful setting. Friendly staff and overall a great experience – and reasonable prices to top it off!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Cassandra S

My husband and I got married at Lord Hill Farms on August 29. We had the most beautiful wedding. We received a lot of good feedback on the food and service. The dinner and appetizers were DELICIOUS: we chose the London broil and the salmon with mashed potatoes. Take advantage of... Read More your tasting session! It was a super good lunch and really helped us narrow down our selections. The LHF staff was very responsive to our questions and we were able to come to the venue several times for walk-throughs and in-person meetings. They have great selections for food and beer/wine. They even refunded us for unopened cases of wine! The getting ready area on site is pretty small, so we chose to rent French Creek Estates for getting ready - I would highly recommend this! Our wedding fell on a day with high winds, rain, and power outages. However, LHF to my amazement did not lose power! We also chose to have LHF provide my bouquet, the bridesmaids and our moms' corsages. The flowers were beautiful! I sent them a few pictures and they created exactly what we wanted. Very pleased. At the end of the day, we were happy and our guests raved about the wedding. It was affordable and we really got great value for what we paid. We would highly recommend Lord Hill Farms!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Miranda C

We had the most AMAZING day! The staff at Lord Hill Farms is very helpful and we felt they went out of the way to do anything we needed. Before the wedding day, the front office staff helped to answer all of our questions. I never felt worried about the big day. We had planning... Read More meetings and the closer the wedding got the more communication we had. Lord Hills was always letting me know of upcoming important timeframes and anything else we needed to do in advance. When the wedding day finally came, we arrived at the venue and it was even more beautiful than I remembered. The staff had done all of our table runners and set up everything just the way we planned. Throughout the evening I saw all of the staff clearing tables, serving drinks and constantly working. Lord Hill Farms went above and beyond all our expectations. They definitely helped to make our dream wedding come true! Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 5/14/2015 Laura G

Highly satisfactory is how I would describe our experience @ Lord Hill Farms. My husband Andrew and I got married here last month and it was fantastic! From the rustic and intimate ambiance, to the delicious food, to the beautiful garden grounds...this is your ideal wedding... Read More location!

Reviewed on 5/14/2015 Laura G

Perfect

Reviewed on 5/03/2015 Adree-Rose H

This was the perfect wedding venue for us. It had everything we wanted/needed. We were able to have the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at their French Creek facility which was a fabulous setting indoor and out. The catering was very tasty, all our guests raved about the food.... Read More The twinkly lights, perfect landscaping, and rustic barn feel were exactly what we pictured for our wedding. Nothing but smiles from this bride, and the day went flawlessly

Great venue, staff and food

Reviewed on 1/06/2015

I recently had my wedding at Lord Hill Farms. From the first time I set foot into LHF I fell in love. The venue was beautiful and the food was delicious. The planning that went on before the wedding with the help of Tracy and Lisa had our wedding running seamlessly. I planned my... Read More wedding in less than 2 months and both ladies were willing to patiently answer questions and work with us. The staff was great and very professional.

BEST VENUE EVER!!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Alycia B

After visiting this venue for an event, I knew that it was where I wanted to get married. Now that the wedding is over, I could not be happier with my venue choice. Lord Hill Farms was absolutely spectacular. The employees were so helpful and I couldn't have done it without... Read More them. They were beyond exceptional in making the process smooth and seamless. Not to mention, the grounds and indoor facility is absolutely beautiful. And the catering and bar service was just as awesome. People keep asking us "Can you get married every weekend?" and I owe it to the amazing staff and ambiance of Lord Hill Farms. It was my dream wedding and I couldn't have asked for more!

Outstanding Wedding Location

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Julia B

In the quest for a wedding venue, I had what my husband and I wanted in a detailed list. Our venue had to be big enough for our huge Romanian families, it absolutely had to have on-site catering, and it had to be in a barn with rustic chic accents that exuded a country charm. I... Read More went to a few locations only to be disappointed. As soon as I arrived at Lord Hill Farms however, I knew this is where I wanted my wedding to take place. This was exactly what I had been envisioning in my head. Walking through the grounds you will see stunning scenery. As soon as you step through the elaborate double doors, the first floor reception area is decorated with golden twinkling lights intertwined with branches that wrap around the pillars and arches down the main aisle, inviting you in. Up the grand wooden staircase that leads to where the ceremony will take place, you can scarcely take in the huge floor-to-ceiling windows who's views simply take your breath away. We didn't get to try the food ahead of time, so we chose whatever sounded best. Come the wedding day, we were pleasantly surprised at the delicious food that was made on site. People to this day are talking about how good the food at our wedding was, and how it is the best food they had a wedding thus far. Lord Hill Farms can only be described as magical, romantic, warm & inviting. It is everything I had hoped for and more. My guests were well-fed, and they felt at ease in the rustic chic country atmosphere. I tell everyone about LHF, and a family member has already heeded my advice and got married there. If you have read my account so far, I hope I have convinced you to have your wedding there as well. You won't be disappointed! We were married March 15, 2014

Amazing Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Nicki K

My bride and I had an wonderful wedding at Lord Hill Farms. Great scenery and aesthetics, excellent food and very well organized. Would definitely recommend! -Nicki and Zack

Beautiful Venue for a Beautiful Day

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Kelsi G

I had instantly fallen in love with Lord Hill Farms when we began our planning process. When calling venues we found that most of the venues that could accommodate our guest size were booked solid, but LHF was available! We only looked at one other venue the same day we did our... Read More tour of LHF and that other venue tour just solidified our decision that LHF is where we would get married. The venue and grounds are stunning and we our wedding was October 4, 2014 so we had the weather of a late summer day but looks wise we had the beautiful fall colors. The staff that was at the venue the day of was so helpful in making sure I had everything I needed. We had some décor that was going to be added to the buffet and they without even hesitating added it for me so that it looked right and all the food could be placed where it needed to be. They were available for questions while my bridesmaids and I set up. The venue does have a lot of policies (no outside food even when getting ready) and I warned our bridal party and family of these policies. My dad got a stomach bug while here and the staff allowed my dad to bring in some Gatorade after my mom checked if that was ok before they brought it in. They were floored that we even asked and I appreciated them being flexible with my dad being under the weather! The venue was stunning and we had so many compliments from all of our guests. The food was AMAZING!!!! We did turkey and ham and they were so moist and full of flavor. One guest came up to us raving about the food and admitted that they had stopped on their way to get lunch because of the stereotype around wedding food being usually subpar, but this food completely slammed that stereotype out of the park. Working with the venue was relatively easy. They were will to answer all my questions and explain their policies further if I needed extra information. We even received a refund for the alcohol that we didn't drink (as long as the cases of wine hadn't been opened). This venue made our wedding day absolutely perfect and we wouldn't have had it any other way. Thank you LHF for everything! And to other brides looking to get married, LHF is the place to do it!

Lord Hill Farms

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Will A

Lord Hill Farms was literally the most perfect wedding venue. When my husband and I were looking for a place to get married we wanted something that was beautiful even before we brought in our own decorations. Lord Hill has spectacular landscaping and also has an amazing indoor... Read More venue just in case it rained (you never know with Seattle weather). Also Lord Hill is set at a very good price for all that is included in it! The food was amazing, some of the best wedding food I have ever had. It was fresh and delicious. I wouldn't have wanted my wedding anywhere else. Everyone should get married here!!!