Lovella Bridal

(22)

Glendale, CA

Celebrating Love and Marriage for Generations

Lovella Bridal is recognized as the premier bridal salon in Southern California. For over 35 years, brides have celebrated their love and marriage with Lovella Bridal, a full-service, couture bridal salon featuring a large selection including Berta, Liancarlo, Rivini, Allure and more. Call today!

Type

Alterations, Bridesmaids, Mothers Fashions, Other Attire & Accessories, Wedding Gowns

224 South Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA

All Around Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/23/2015 Sarah A

Lovella was the 2nd and last place I visited to get my dress. They absolutely know what they are doing and only carry the best gowns in all price ranges. They also make sure they stick to your style and budget that you tell them when you go in. Angie was the one to help me find my dress (May 2014) and she was the absolute best. She definitely got me to get out of my comfort zone. I went in there wanting an A-line gown to hide my "big butt" but I left out of there with a mermaid gown. It was the best decision and I have pictures to prove it. I did end up going over my budget but only because Angie asked me if I had some wiggle room first. Also a good decision because the gown was so gorgeous and it was only a little over my budget. They also spent 2 hours on me when a typical appointment is 1 hour. I do want to mention something that Angie said to me that I won't forget. She said "not everyone is going to have that moment where they say THIS IS THE DRESS and start getting emotional, some people just have to go with their gut" I was definitely one of those. I didn't leave there super excited (it didn't help that I had just gotten into a fight with my fiance on the phone about what I just spent - whatever it was my money) but I knew I had a dress that looked THE BEST on me and was excellent quality. As I went into fitting appointments I loved the dress even more and on the wedding day I felt AMAZING.

Amazing gowns at amazing prices!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Dianne A

My wife and I found our wedding dresses at Lovella Bridal and we couldn't be happier! Angie was fantastic at knowing what would work for us because my wife and I had a hard time choosing something for ourselves and when we told her what our personal preferences are, she was able to find 2 dresses that are not only perfect for us, but they also compliment each other greatly! The boutique itself is beautiful and the best we've seen, the rest of the staff are genuinely friendly and accommodating. They were also nice enough to let us take a photo of our dresses for us to evaluate and show to our family which were out of town, something that some places don't allow you to do. Again, I can't stress how smooth sailing the whole experience was from picking a dress to ordering, paying, and alterations. Angie was there to help us through out the whole duration. And did I mention that their prices are great?? If you're a bride and you're looking for your dream wedding dress, don't waste your time with other places and go over to Lovella Bridal! You won't be disappointed! Thanks again Lovella Bridal and most of all thanks Angie!!!

Say Yes to the Dress!

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Megan

I absolutely love Lovella bridal and Nayri and cannot thank them enough for helping me find my dream dress! This was the second salon of four that I went to look at dresses at. My initial visit was in early February and my mom, sister and cousin were scheduled to go with me. Unfortunately, my mom and sister got the flu. Anyways, my cousin and I went to look and were impressed from the start. Walking into the store, we could tell they had some really beautiful dresses! They have all different styles, shapes, fabrics. I was so lucky to work with Nayri! My first store was so pushy and unhelpful. I explained my idea of what I wanted and Nayri pulled dresses and let my cousin and me pick some out as well. I tried on about 10 dresses with no pressure. I found the one here and definitely knew it! It is a Martina Liana and was Nayri's pick that she said it was the first dress that came to mind when I had explained what I liked. This was a designer I hadn't even considered and boy am I glad she thought of this dress because it was more beautiful than any lace gown I had a pictures of! I also appreciate that she stayed within my stated budget and did not try to push slightly over like many of the other bridal salons I visited. She was very understanding when I said I did not want to buy without bringing my mom and sister back. She followed up with me and was very responsive about setting up my follow up appointment. I came my second time with my mom, sister and cousin. Instead of just putting me in the one, she understood my mom and sister felt they missed out and was so kind to let them pick out some dresses for me to try on. I was nervous they would like something else but she kept reassuring me that they would love my dress and we saved the best for last. Both my mom and sister burst into tears and love it just as much as I do! I went through my fittings and alterations and Lovella was amazing! The whole team is great. My consultant Nayri was at bridal fashion week and Jasmine and Christina helped me this time and both were wonderful. I have relocated to San Jose since I bought my dress so they worked with me in finishing my alterations and doing my second and third fitting in the same weekend (it was a lot of work). Everything came out perfect! I didn't make it easy since I lost 3 sizes and they did a fabulous job! My dress was seriously just perfect on my wedding day - I was so happy! Nayri and really all the team at Lovella are wonderful. They are honest about what looks good on you, stay within your budget and are understanding and supportive! This really gave me the bridal experience I was looking for without feeling overly pressured. I would highly recommend this store to any bride!

I LOVE MY DRESS

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Tiffany C

Lovella was the perfect place to find a beautiful wedding dress. I went in with a picture of what I was looking for. Nayri pulled about 6 dresses that were similar to the picture. The second dress I tried on was THE DRESS! Nayri was so sweet and easy to work with. She was not pushy and knew what my budget was and helped me stay within it. They had the most beautiful dresses that I referred a friend there and she found her dress there as well.

Lovella Bridal made finding my dress easy!

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Amanda V

I had a great experience at Lovella. It was the second bridal shop I went to looking for my wedding dress. I came with a bunch of pictures I had printed out of what I was looking for, and the consultant immediately pulled a handful of dresses she thought I'd like. She did a great job- I did end up at least liking most of the dresses, and she found the one I ended up buying. I hadn't been able to find a lace fit and flare dress with cap sleeves that looked right on me, and I had figured I was going to end up wearing a strapless dress much to my disappointment. So when she pulled my dress and it had everything I wanted and looked perfect on me, I was ecstatic. She also helped me accessorize with a beautiful belt because I didn't like the one the dress came with. I got 15% off for buying the dress on my first visit which was nice. I never felt pressured and she was patient and helpful. She gave me advice on the shapes of dresses that worked and didn't work on my body, and she stayed within my budget. They called me as soon as it arrived and helped me decide how best to get it across the country for my wedding. They also didn't pressure me to use their seamstress. All around I had a great, easy experience here.

Dream Experience

Reviewed on 3/06/2013 Rachel W

I first went to the Verdugo location and tried on some AMAZING dresses, but for the style I really wanted they sent me to the other location in Glendale for Ines Di Santo gowns. The day I happened to go was a trunk show and Ines was there. I tried on a few dresses and I came upon one that I liked but wanted a few things modified. Ines listened to what I wanted and made a sketch of a custom dress for me. The dress was out of this world and the customer service at this bridal salon is the best! I ended up getting my Maria Elena jewelry from the shop as well. I was nervous about the alterations, but I could not beleive how well the seamstress did and got it perfect the first time around.

Great Service

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Naza H

This little boutigue has incredible dresses and wonderful service. I love the area it's located in. Very cute all around. The only complaint I can possibly have is that the alteration was extremely pricey. Unexpectedly pricey! But they did an amazing job with my dress. Cant complain there.

One Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 Melissa V

I live in San Diego and decided to search for my dress in LA. I set up about 4 different appointments one Saturday and began my search for the perfect dress!! My first stop was Lovella Bridal. I had the privilege of working with Angie. Once you meet her you will understand what I mean...Angie has the ability to read thoughts that haven't even entered you mind. She will somehow decode your indecisive mind and the result will be a plethora of beautiful dresses! There were some dresses I would have never looked at and in her confident voice she'd say, " Just give it a try, you'll be surprised" and seconds later I was in love:) After Lovella I visited the other appointments I had already set up and at that point I appreciated the service Angie provided a thousand times more. I guess I assumed that this level of intuition and patience was a must in the wedding industry. I quickly realized this was not the case and in fact, most places were quite the opposite, helping 2-3 people at a time, not listening to what you were saying and what you weren't saying! They quickly grew frustrated (Brides take time to make up their mind :! ) It was a waste of time to look elsewhere but it truly made me appreciate Lovella Bridal. A few weeks before my wedding I called in a panic because I couldn't find shoes to accommodate the length of my dress. Nayri immediately offered to search online for me and also mailed out a swatch of my lace/satin so that I can ensure the dress matched the shoes. She was just as helpful as Angie, and in the same way, immediately calmed me down . Buying a wedding dress is one of the most important decisions when planning your wedding. Regardless of your style, uncertainty, or any other requirements, Lovella bridal will ensure you find the perfect dress, stress-free!

Love Lovella Bridal <3

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Linda G

I enjoyed every step during my planning process with Lovella Bridal... from buying my dress to alterations to picking up my dress. They made the process so wonderful for me that when my dress was ready I was almost sad to not have a reason to come back to the salon and see them again. They are extremely patient and helpful. They have the most gorgeous, hand picked gowns in their salon with every beautiful sash and veil to match. Their team is also very talented and they know exactly how to complete your dream wedding look. My dress was made my Edgardo Bonilla and it was absolutely stunning. He puts such care into his gowns it's amazing! I received many compliments on my wedding day! Thank you Lovella Bridal and Edgardo Bonilla!

Great experience

Reviewed on 8/04/2012 renee r

Had such a great experience at this wedding dress store. I had gone to a few others and all the workers were just cold and didn't seem interested in my business. Everyone at Lovella is nice and helpful. Had a really positive experience there and felt as though I was a valued customer there.

Great price and service!

Reviewed on 5/23/2012 Tiffany C

I had originally found THE perfect dress for my wedding but it was 3times over budget, so I had to look for a cheaper alternative. I came into Lovella and told Nayri just what I wanted. I described the dress to her and she instantly knew what I was looking for! She pulled out a floor sample dress and upon trying it on, I knew it would be the perfect alternative. Knowing that I was on a budget, she was able to give a good price for me on the dress. I ended up with something I love and was happy to know I stayed within budget for it. People absolutely loved the dress and it was the perfect fit for a perfect day :)

my dress

Reviewed on 5/16/2012 Tulip341 Y

i went to my 1st appt. when they were anouncing a big trunk show, to my surprise they didnt have anything going on, and the place was empty, but that worked out, that way they were helping me more to look for dresses. the 1st time the owner was in charge of the appt. she will find a way to convince you to buy a dress. she did with me, that was the only time in the whole process i saw her. but the other girls were nice and helpfull to me, until the day i picked up my dress. the process took about 8 months, i got a Perfect Pronovias dress.

Great Deal at Sample Sale

Reviewed on 2/12/2012 Jessica S

I had an appointment at their sample sale - the staff was very friendly and attentive. They worked within my budget and style. I bought my dress at a over 75% off the ticketed price and got to take it home that day! I got so many compliments on my dress on my wedding day. It was a great value. Recommended for brides on a budget!

See Angie

Reviewed on 7/28/2011 Sahar N

Brides, make sure you work with Angie, she's the best.

Reviewed on 7/17/2011 Monica B

jobyna's was great! They had great customer service and an eye for dressing brides. When I went in I thought I knew the style of dress I wanted but quickly learned I was wrong. Jasmine was the employer that helped me, she was so sweet! She suggested I try on a ball gown and I fell in love! They definitely have an eye for dressing brides.

personal and honest

Reviewed on 5/13/2011 Aimee A

I had a wonderful experience at Jobyna's. Once they figured out what I was looking for that would suit my body type, they found the perfect dress. Yes, there was a bit of pressure to buy it "now" for the discount, but they were flexible in letting me have a few days to think. They were honest about what looked good on me and they honored by body insecurities. Once it was time to fit, the service got even better! The seamstresses did an amazing job fitting the dress to me and making everything work and not once did they ever say "no we can't do that." I really wanted a sleeve. They created a custom sleeve from a description I gave. They never charged me extra to do so, either. Everyone loved the sleeve and said it "made the dress." Also, three days before the wedding, I decided I needed the dress cleaned. They researched a good place and drove it over and picked it up because it was all so far from my house! Lovely ladies. Such a great experience!

My Biggest Wedding Mistake

Reviewed on 4/28/2011 J K

I give them a two only because after meeting with the owners and the store manager, who were LOVELY people, they did do everything in their power to put things right. They made me feel better as a customer and they did everything right in customer service. Their dresses are gorgeous, and I'm sure dealing with them would be good for anyone. I however, dealt mainly with a seamstress to alter my Monique Lhuillier gown that I had purchased elsewear that just needed to be taken in. I also purchased a veil that was shown to me on the day of the first fitting. It was packaged for me, and when I went to show it to a friend, I discovered the comb in the veil was broken, had hairs in it, and was torn and resewn. I have photographs of me trying on a veil and then of what I discovered later. I am most grateful that I broke down and decided to show my friend, otherwise I wouldn't have discovered the error until the morning of the wedding. To their credit, the owners IMMEDIATELY replaced the veil with one they ordered that was brand new. The were as shocked as I and I really feel bad for them. The second (and most horrible) issue was with what happened to my dress. When I went for the 2nd fitting the seamstress seamed in a rush for me to take it, but there was a button on the bustle that didn't work and she added boning that I didn't like. I insisted that she fix that and came back a week later, at which point she complained that she undercharged me because the dress was a lot of work. I would have been happy to pay more to have it done right! She rushed me out of the store, and when I tried it on at home I was mortified. There was still a pin where the button for the bustle needed to be replaced, and as far as I could tell nothing had been done since the 2nd fitting. When they took it in, they hacked through one of the ML tags and left its ended hanging on, instead of moving it, and the seams in the lining were a mess. I was devastated. Again, I feel terrible for the owners. They were so sweet, and the gowns they sell are of the same caliber, so the seamstress should have had no trouble dealing with my dress. They found it odd that I dealt with her alone, as they said that's not how they do things. I believe them. They offered to have everything put right, but there was just no way I could bring my dress back there and have that woman touch it again. I would give 5 stars to the owners and the Manager who I dealt with afterward for doing everything they should to put things right. I feel they got a bum deal as much as I for having such a person work for them. The seamstress I would give a Zero. I would recommend the store to a bride looking for a high caliber dress with high caliber service with the caveat that the seamstress wouldn't come near the dress. Again, the owners and Manager were lovely. I ended up taking my gown to a tailor in Beverly Hills (there goes my honeymoon money) and he was able to put it right. I got lucky.

Exceptional Service & Price

Reviewed on 4/05/2011 Sara G

The best dress shopping experience. I found my dream dress at a shop in Newport, but the price was ridiculous! So, I searched around and found the same dress at Jobyna's for a much better price. They were awesome. Service was great, my alterations turned out perfect. I even changed my veil twice and they were so nice about it. But what put the icing on the cake was that they went out of their way to deliver my dress to my hotel free of charge! I would recommend them to anyone.

Go to place for Ines Di Santo gowns

Reviewed on 1/05/2011 mary M

Great selection, friendly service and beautiful dresses.

I found my dream dress!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Jennifer S

I went in with one idea in mind and ended up changing completely once I tried a few dresses on. The staff is amazing and I ended up finding my ultimate dream dress. Throughout the entire process of selecting a gown, going in for fittings to my final pickup with completed alterations - the staff was knowledgeable, personable and just amazing to work with.

Elegant options and amazing service!

Reviewed on 11/28/2010 Tracey C

In spite of the social progress we've made, not everyone in the world is quite ready to dress two brides for a wedding. Sadly, we discovered this as we set out to find the perfect gowns for our same-sex nuptials. After one particularly harrowing and insulting experience, my bride and I stumbled into Jobyna's Bridal, where we were treated with the utmost respect and made to feel like princesses. The ladies at Jobyna's worked with us to find me a perfect gown (off the rack!) to match my partner, who was wearing her mother's wedding dress. Then they worked magic to make the dress fit like a glove. We looked gorgeous, and felt like the beautiful brides we were.

Loved the dress!

Reviewed on 11/13/2010 Allison B

I found my wedding dress at Jobyna's after I'd been dress shopping for months. The dress was exactly what I'd been looking for. The employees at Jobyna's are great and their prices are pretty fair. I live in San Diego and found that most of the San Diego dress shops either were too pricey or just didn't have the selection that Jobyna's did. I would definitely recommend this store.

Send Email