Lovely Day Events Sonoma, Napa, Wine Country

Napa, Sonoma, Bay Area and Jackson Hole WY

Wedding planning for hands on couples

Lovely Day Events is a boutique wedding planning company serving Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Napa + Sonoma, California. Founded by Lindsey Nickel, the company provides services for all wedding styles from elopements to galas. Lovely Day Events specializes in working with stylish, hands-on couples. Their friendly, professional and attentive planning approach enables couples to relax, have fun and enjoy the wedding day. Lovely Day Events is a winner in The Knot Best of Weddings hall of fame and has been published extensively, including Style Me Pretty, Brides, The Knot and CNN.com

$$$$ – Expensive

Engagement Party, After Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Planning

Napa, Sonoma, Bay Area and Jackson Hole WY (510) 517-1269

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Tanya H

Lindsey and her team are absolutely the best! From day one, she understood my vision and was very responsive to my unique needs and requests. (Planning from afar is not always the easiest!) She was always making suggestions based upon what she felt would make my day a success... Read More and I can't imagine how it would have turned out without them! She is detailed but not overbearing, a perfect teammate for a day of planner. I never felt like she was just saying what I wanted to hear - she was realistic but never said anything was impossible. Her staff is friendly and accommodating, definitely people you WANT at your wedding! I couldn't have done it without her.

2016-11-25T17:37:47 Response from the vendor

Tanya - I can't believe your wedding is already over! It was so fun to work with someone so detail oriented and then be trusted to execute it all on the wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Lucinda W

The first thing I tell people when I hear they are engaged is to get a wedding planner, and if they are getting married in the Sonoma, Napa, or Jackson Hole area, I already have one for them! Lindsey, at Lovely Day Events, was the smartest and best value of money we spent on... Read More our wedding. I don’t know what we would have did without her. Lindsey did a phenomenal job! After our initial call, she listened to what we were looking for and absolutely nailed the venue (her number 1 venue for us, is where we got married). At this point, she had my full attention and all of my trust. We are from out of town and didn’t have a ton of time to look or shop around for vendors, so I asked her if this was her wedding, who would she use, and every vendor she recommended was who we used, and we were not disappointed. All these vendors worked seamless together, which we know was an attribute of all the hard work and time Lindsey has put into these working relationships and why she recommended them. Lindsey listened to everything we were looking for in a wedding, and she made it happened. Because of the trust that Lindsey and I were able to build, it gave me comfort to give Lindsey full control and she made a lot of decisions for me and she had creative control. I knew she understood what we were looking for, and she would know how to execute it much better than I would. Our wedding was beautiful, elegant, romantic, and as much fun as only one could dream. Lindsey did an amazing job and couldn’t have put together the wedding we had without all her help, suggestions, and mastermind. We are still getting compliments from our guest on how this was the best wedding they have been too and the most fun they have ever had at a wedding, which is awesome! Lindsey thank you for all your help and for making our day everything we could have dreamed, you are the best!

2016-11-25T17:40:57 Response from the vendor

Lu - It was our honor to be part of your wine country wedding! It was so fun to create the day that you dreamed of and see it all come together. Thank you for picking us as your wedding planner!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Rachel B

Hiring Lindsey was the first move we made in planning our destination Jackson Hole wedding, and I am so glad! The first phone call felt like I was talking to a close friend about the vision and details that were important to us. Lindsey stayed in contact throughout our nearly... Read More two year planning process, offering suggestions on vendors, planning tips, and follow-up on anything I needed help with. She is incredibly detail oriented and I felt comfortable early on that every aspect would be taken care of in her capable hands. Our day-of-timeline was so well planned and executed that we could have started our ceremony early if we wanted, which is amazing, because I am notoriously late for everything! Lindsey and her team spent time arranging everything for the ceremony and reception so it was beautiful. She was able to execute things beyond the vision that I had in my head. We ended up with lots of extra flowers, and she took the time to use them, finding all sorts of homes for them. She was thorough in returning all items to us, and letting us know where we could find everything the next day. She was there to go up to my hotel room to find shoes for me, look out for the one guest that was a little too drunk, following up with late vendors day-of, and was the last person there at the end of the night. Her attention to detail, and precision make her excellent at her job, and I am so glad she was there to help us with every step along the way. Thank you Lindsey!

2016-07-28T16:36:02 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you, Rachel! The day was absolutely perfect! We can't wait to see the photos.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Sharon Z

Lindsey was fantastic. From the moment we first talked she understood what our vision was and helped turn it into reality. She is extremely focused, well organized and fun! We couldn’t have off such a perfect day without her.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Nina C

Lindsey and her team were amazing to work with! From the beginning they were very helpful from the most minor to major tasks. The day of, I knew we had nothing to worry about. Everything turned out beautifully. We would highly recommend for anyone considering a wedding in the... Read More Napa / wine country area.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Anya H

Planning a wedding 11 hours away can be super overwhelming, but the encouragement and reassurance Lindsey gave me throughout the planning process really made it enjoyable. By the time the wedding was a week away, I wasn’t worried about a thing! I kept hearing from family and... Read More friends leading up to the big day “you seem really calm for a bride”, and I really owe a huge part of that to Lindsey. Every last detail, down to the most minute of things, Lindsey remembered. I am so grateful to have been able to enjoy my wedding stress free, because in the end, the joy and love is what should be remembered.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Diane V

Lindsey was amazing to work with! My groom and I are SUPER detail oriented and Lindsey helped us go through all the details (and many things we didn't even think of). Our family also loved her (she was on top of everything, but so kind and sweet) and she allowed us to enjoy... Read More the day while she took care of everything. Thank you Lindsay!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kelsey T

was connected to Lindsey through a mutual friend and I could not be happier. Lindsey is so thorough and kept me on top of things in the lead up to the big day. Thanks to Lindsey and Michaela, the wedding day was seamless and stress free which allowed us to relax and have the... Read More most amazing time. Lindsey really cares about the couples she works with and it shows. I cannot recommend Lindsey enough - she is a wonderful person and a wonderful event planner. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kate M

Lindsey was an absolute dream to work with! So responsive and always keeping an eye on every little detail. She gave us so many great vendor recommendations and created an outstanding team. We couldn’t have done it without her!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Natalie B

If planning a wedding wasn't enough, throw in a cross country move, a broken foot, and new jobs. Looking back, I sometimes question how we did it, but the easy answer is Lindsey. Simply put, she is THE BEST. Of all the decisions and investments we made throughout the wedding... Read More planning process, choosing Lindsey as our planner was by far one of the best. Not only did Lindsey assist with our wedding, she flawlessly executed a welcome party for our 100+ guests the day before. Her organization, attention to detail, and professionalism were invaluable. She truly went above and beyond to ensure we were 100% satisfied with every aspect of our wedding weekend. When we had concerns about a vendor, she made sure we had a Plan B and C lined up, to put any uncertainty to rest. I fully recognized how invaluable Lindsey was when multiple guests remarked how calm I was throughout the entire weekend (something I'm not always known for). Thanks to Lindsey and her team, I was able to completely remove any worry from my mind and fully enjoy every special moment of our wedding. Thank you, Lindsey!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kavitha B

Lindsey from Lovely Day Events was the most amazing wedding planner to work with. Despite us being 9000 miles away while planning the wedding, she helped us pull off the perfect evening. I discovered Lindsey on the Knot and connected with her through email. She was extremely... Read More friendly and gave me the most practical advice at every step even before I chose her as my planner. My fiancee and I were very busy with work leading up to the wedding, but Lindsey's facetime calls, emails, and meticulous planning kept us on track. At the same, time she was super laid back, open-minded and friendly, always suggesting but never imposing. Every time I think back to that evening; it makes me genuinely happy and brings a smile. Thank you, Lindsey! I would recommend her in a heartbeat to anyone planning their dream wedding :)

2017-10-24T11:50:02 Response from the vendor

Kavitha - Thank you for the sweet and honest review. It was a joy to work with both of you. Thankfully we had video calls to make the planning easier living in two separate countries.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Kara W

I could not have asked for a better wedding planner than Lovely Day Events! Lindsey knew exactly who would make our day so special and perfect by pairing us with Ashley! Ashley was so amazing in her recommendations for our wedding and her incredible help! Our photographer,... Read More bakery, florist, and hotel blew us away! Ashley went above and beyond in striving to make our day as beautiful as it was and completely surpassed our expectations! Lovely Day events is the best and I would highly recommend them if you are planning a wedding in the Jackson Hole, Napa, Sonoma area. I cannot thank Ashley and Lindsey enjoys for their support, encouragement, patience, and most of all enthusiasm! They are like family by the time the wedding is over with and I’m happy to now call them friends!

2017-10-24T11:51:22 Response from the vendor

Kara- It was a delight to work with you on your elopement. We are thrilled to have you as part of the Lovely Day Events family.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Shannon S

Lindsey exceeded my expectations. I liked her from the moment we spoke. She made me feel confident she had beautiful, creative ideas, she organized the process very well (even when I thought I could Do it all myself) and made it apparent she is experienced in wedding planning.... Read More She's detail oriented, specific, friendly, and liked by other vendors which turned out to be very important.

2017-10-24T11:52:51 Response from the vendor

Shannon - It was wonderful to work with a planning minded bride like yourself! It was a beautiful day!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Rebecca K

For our Jackson Hole wedding, we worked remotely with Lindsey and on-site with Olivia--and both were amazing (as human beings and as wedding planners)!! We planned a small wedding just sixth months in advance, and it absolutely could not have happened without Lindsey's guidance.... Read More We still had a chance to "work" on the wedding--selecting vendors, picking flowers, and such--but we had the peace of mind that Lindsey would ensure we stayed on track, and she was able to provide helpful recommendations whenever we reached a roadblock or couldn't reach a decision on our own. Our little wedding with furry and human family alike turned out as beautifully as we could have hoped, and we can't wait to relive the memories in years to come. I had zero worries on my wedding day. Thank you!

2017-10-24T11:53:30 Response from the vendor

Rebecca - Wonderful to hear from you! Thank you for the kind review. We loved working with you and your corgis!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Kate M

As an event planner by profession, I was skeptical when our venue told me they required a day of coordinator on site the day of our wedding. I was so looking forward to finally taking the reigns on my own personal event, and was hesitant to involve a planner. A friend had... Read More previously worked with Lindsey and in hindsight, it was such a saving grace to have her! Lindsey worked with us throughout the process and was so helpful at keeping the timeline on track, providing knowledge and insight about our unique destination (Jackson, WY) and helped keep me grounded throughout the process. Our day of coordinator, Jayme was amazing! Can't say enough good things about her. We worked very closely throughout the process on the details, and she executed my vision perfectly. Overall, they were there to help however we needed, and guided the process along to ensure a seamless and well-organized day!

2017-10-05T15:22:40 Response from the vendor

Kate - Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! We loved working with you and all your organization. It was such a beautiful day!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Kelsey D

Lindsey was hired as our day-of coordinator in Jackson, Wyoming. It seems as if she and I (as the bride) were sharing the same brain at some points! Despite my "control freak" nature, I had absolutely no problem handing over control to Lindsey on wedding day. She handled our... Read More detailed timeline and dozens of vendors as if it were her own wedding. I can't thank her and her team enough for her efforts that day!

2017-08-29T12:55:53 Response from the vendor

Hi Kelsey, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I love the "control freaks," because they love a good spreadsheet :-).

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kate G

It was such a pleasure to work with Tricia and Lindsey from Lovely Day Events. My husband Erik and I live in Washington, DC, and were so fortunate to find the dream team in Tricia and Lindsey to help us manage our busy schedules and plan our destination wedding in Jackson Hole,... Read More WY. We had monthly check-ins to help us transform our western romance into a reality! It was always easy to share any bridal anxieties or questions that might come up from partner best practices to payments, run-of-show, alternative weather solutions, etc. the team at Lovely Day was quick to seek solutions and problem-solve and make the day feel so seamless and special. Tricia is incredibly sincere and reassuring with her depth of knowledge of the wedding industry, smart insights, and "day-of" recommendations. She was an incredibly calming presence for both my husband and myself, working day of behind the scenes to ensure that everyone was exactly where they needed to be. We were completely overwhelmed with joy and love from friends and family on our wedding day, and we couldn't have done it without Lovely Day. Thank you so much Tricia and Lindsey, we're so happy to be wed!!! xo

2016-11-25T17:33:58 Response from the vendor

K - It was wonderful to work with you and E! Thank you for trusting us with your wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Erik L

Booking Lovely Day Events was easily the best decision of our entire wedding experience. Lindsey and Tricia made sure we were hitting all of our planning goals and our check-ins were crucial to our wedding planning. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect due to Lindsey and... Read More her team. The professionalism, the know-how, their relationship with the vendors, the everything! Lovely Day Events made our wedding day absolutely perfect. As the groom, I never once thought about any of the details and was able to savor every moment of our wedding day with utmost confidence. We couldn't recommend Lovely Day Events more! Thank you Lindsey and Tricia!

2016-11-25T17:36:18 Response from the vendor

E - It was such a blast to work directly with the groom! We really enjoyed working with you and K. Warm wishes!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Loreley R

I could not speak more highly of the team at Lovely Day Events. I was in need of a 'day of coordinator plus some' for our wedding in Teton Valley, Idaho, and after doing a lot of shopping around, I felt so sure my husband and I made the right choice after speaking with Lindsey... Read More on the phone. There is no way that our wedding day could have run more smoothly, and I attribute a lot of this to our coordinator, Sandra, and all of the amazing documents that Lovely Day provides for wedding preparation. They checked up with me as the year progressed, and I had multiple phone conversations, emails, and shared google documents that kept everything organized. Lindsey and her team are insanely well connected in the area and are available for vendor recommendations and help throughout the whole process. I felt incredibly calm at our walk-through of the event on Friday evening, and on Saturday (THE BIG DAY!), everything flowed seamlessly. Sandra and her team ensured that everyone was on time, that my husband and I were fed, always had a drink in hand, and wanted for absolutely nothing. Lindsey, Sandra, and the rest of the Lovely Day Events team are a must on your wedding day. Although I utilized them for 'day of coordination', even though they did a heck of a lot more than just that, I think they would be incredible for whatever your needs. Do yourself a favor and hire a planner..and make sure it's Lovely Day Events! Thank you so much Lindsey and Sandra for making my husband and I's day a dream come true.

2016-11-25T17:39:26 Response from the vendor

Loreley - Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was a joy to be part of your big, beautiful day.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Lauren M

Do not underestimate the value and importance of having a wedding planner. Along the way, we had monthly check-ins to make sure the planning was going smoothly, but the most helpful were the two onsite meetings. We walked through each detail together and Lindsey provided us with... Read More suggestions and guidance for items that weren't even on our radar. When the week of our wedding arrived, she reached out to each vendor to coordinate our timeline and confirm their roles in the wedding. She facilitated the rehearsal with ease and got us prepared for our big day. She and her assistant (Katie) arrived promptly at 10AM and took care of all the details. She executed our vision with precision and didn't bring any unnecessary stress to the bride on what can be a really stressful day. I can't recommend Lindsey and Lovely Day Events enough - thank you for making our day so wonderful!

2016-10-07T13:35:29 Response from the vendor

Lauren - Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review! We loved working with you and your mom on your wedding and can't wait to see the photos! -Lindsey

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Linda and Bill M

When our daughter said she wanted a wedding planner we did not think she needed one and besides, it wasn’t in the budget. Thank goodness she did not take this advice! Having a planner, and choosing Lindsey Nickel of Lovely Day Events, was the best decision we ever made. From... Read More the phone meetings, to the rehearsal, to the big day, Lindsey was invaluable. Of all the vendors we hired, Lindsey was by far the most important. She thought of EVERY detail; she determined the timeline down to the minute. She ran our rehearsal efficiently, 12 minutes to be precise, and throughout the process she was light-hearted, organized, and so amazingly calm. On the wedding day she and her assistant Katie arrived bright and early in their sneakers, ready for action. There was absolutely NOTHING for us to do. (In fact, we were so bored that we went next door to wine taste 2 hours before the ceremony!) None of us, including the bride, got wedding day nerves and this is only because we had Lindsey running the show. When the guests arrived, Lindsey and Katie had changed into their wedding attire, and spent the next 5 hours invisibly and energetically flitting from here to there taking care of EVERY single detail. Our Beltane Ranch wedding ended at 10 pm (a Sonoma county ordinance) but Lindsey and Katie stayed until everything was cleaned up and placed in the predetermined places. When we left the next day everything (flowers/gifts/etc) were in one place. All this to say that if you are looking for the BEST WEDDING PLANNER in the state, be sure to call LINDSEY NICKEL OF LOVELY DAY EVENTS.

2016-10-07T13:33:50 Response from the vendor

Linda - It was such a delight to work with you and your daughter on her wedding. I simply love that you felt relaxed and trusted us enough to go out wine tasting on the wedding day! Thank you for taking the time to leave... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Chelsea W

Lindsey was an absolutely integral part of making our Big Day everything we had dreamed of. She was incredibly helpful throughout the planning process, but critical the day-of - I trusted that I could turn everything over to her and she'd help execute my vision. She handled all... Read More the details on the day of the wedding and helped the trains run on time (which was crucial with all the different vendors and a unique venue). We really couldn't have done it without her. Thank you, Lindsey!

2016-09-15T14:05:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review! We loved being a part of your charming garden wedding. Warm wishes!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Kelly H

We loved working with Lindsey from day one since we felt like we had a lot in common- mainly our love for Jackson Hole and the great outdoors! Lindsey is super organized which made planning a breeze- thanks to her fabulous templates and her prompt monthly check-ins. I loved... Read More being able to connect with her on the phone as I was finding a planner, get to meet with her in person before the wedding and then do walk-through, rehearsal and wedding day with her by our side! Lindsey has a knack for anticipating needs and thinking through all possible scenarios so that you extremely prepared for you big day. I would highly recommend Lindsey to any bride. Our wedding was wonderful and memorable- thank you for being such an integral part of it, Lindsey!

2016-09-15T14:06:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review! It was a blast to work on your mountain top wedding.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Liz G

We booked Lindsey after we had an issue with another wedding planner leaving us high and dry. I was in a panic because I knew I wanted a day of coordinator, but was stressed because we were getting closer to our wedding day and still didn't have anyone. I sent an email to... Read More Lindsey and within the next day we were chatting on the phone about what I pictured for our wedding day and I was immediately relieved. I really appreciated how much time she spent initially getting to know what we wanted for our wedding which also helped me picture and process the "little things". We hired Lindsey do be our day of coordinator but she was right there with us every step of the way. Every month she sent emails reminded me about things I needed to book or do to stay on track with the planning. At first I felt stressed about all the things on the list, but her lists really helped me stay on track and keep my stress level low. I really appreciated that she did more than 1 site visit. My husband and I got married at a family friends home and I was having trouble picturing the space, but Lindsey really helped me envision our wedding in the space. Lindsey has great templates that makes it easy for the bride, groom, and planner to stay on the same page and the ceremony worksheet made our rehearsal a total breeze! On the day of the wedding she took care of setting up all of our decorations and breaking it all down. In addition, she was floating around making sure my husband and I were taken care of and that everything went off on time. I appreciated her ability to do all of that without the guests noticing. Lindsey really helped us out, and I am SO thankful that the first planner didn't work out so we got the opportunity to work with Lindsey. She really is a pro! Hiring Lindsey was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day, if you are contemplating whether or not to get a planner, do it! It is 100% worth it, and Lindsey is the BEST!

2016-06-27T16:29:18 Response from the vendor

L and B - I am beyond thrilled that it worked out for us to work together. Your wedding at the family farm with all the camp gypsies was one of a kind and I am so honored to have been a part of it.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Shannon H

Lindsey is the ENTIRE PACKAGE when it comes to wedding planning and coordination. My husband and I could not have made a better choice! From suggesting spectacular vendors to creating the vision and design for the wedding to being a think fast problem solver - Lindsey does it... Read More all! We have received a plethora of emails, phone calls, texts and letters since our wedding day telling us that the one of/the best weddings ever with ever detail perfect and seamless. While my husband and I would love to take all of the credit ourselves, we have to recognize Lindsey for her critical contribution to making our wedding the most fabulous day ever!

2016-06-01T11:33:39 Response from the vendor

S - It was so fun to work with you on your family oriented, fun and high-energy wedding! Add us to your list of people who thought it was fabulous!

Lindsey Nickel

Lindsey grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and currently resides in Napa. She went to Jackson Hole as a river rafting guide during college and returned after graduating “just for one winter.” In Jackson Hole, Lindsey found her passion for weddings and entrepreneurship. Lovely Day Events started as a side job at her kitchen table and now her full time job is wedding planning in Jackson Hole and Napa + Sonoma. Lindsey brings her passion for hospitality, eye for design and joy of working with people to each event. In her free time she likes to hike with her dog and husband and travel.