Lyman Estate

Waltham, MA

Capacity: Up to 200 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Your estate for the day

Experience the grandeur of a bygone era by hosting your wedding at the historic yet fully air conditioned Lyman Estate. Set amidst extensive grounds, this Federal-period mansion features an elegant ballroom overlooking manicured lawns and perennial gardens. Call now to schedule your visit.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Mansion/Historic Site, Museum/Gallery, Unusual/Alternative

185 Lyman St, Waltham, MA

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Tucker R

I signed up for The Knot just to leave a review for Demi and Michael. The day was great and their hard work made it all possible. Throughout Demi was great and Michael was a huge help on the big day. Thank you!

Perfect day~

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Claudia D

Demi and her team did a great job! If you want a beautiful wedding please check out the Lyman estate! It was a pleasure to work with Demi!

Beautiful place, wonderful people

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Courtney H

We had our reception at the Lyman Estate and it was just lovely! The grounds and house are gorgeous and you do not need to worry about going crazy with decorations. Mike and Demi are two of the nicest people who were so helpful (I'm a little sad to not get to bug them via email ALL THE TIME anymore!)! The vendors they work with know them really well which means they were knowledgeable about every aspect of our wedding. The site was amazing but they people who work there made it that much more special

Perfect wedding venue

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Lydia P

I got married at the Lyman Estate this past Friday, and I have to say, I would choose to get married there again 100 times over. Not only is the backyard garden and peach wall an absolutely perfect ceremony location, but the inside of the building is stunning as well – beautiful cheery wallpaper, HUGE windows, gorgeous hardwood floors and décor. It made for an amazing venue through and through. Even if it had rained, our ceremony would have been gorgeous indoors. You can’t beat it. The staff was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process.

Lisa & Blair Wedding

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Blair B

The Lyman estate was wonderful. Demi and Michael were professional, flexible, knowledgable, and kind. We originally were going to get married outside and fortunately had to use our weather back up plan and moved the ceremony inside. I say fortunately because the Lyman estate is arguably more beautiful inside and it made the wedding a more intimate event. The whole process could not have gone more smoothly. I highly recommend this venue.

what a great day!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Tucker R

I joined The Knot just to leave a review for Demi and the folks at Lyman. Our day was spectacularly beautiful and the help from Demi and Michael was the icing on the cake. THANK YOU!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Kelly M

The venue was amazing. A big plus was that you don't need a lot of extras (flowers etc.) to make it beautiful! Everyone loved the different rooms and we had more of a station wedding without assigned seating so everyone got to visit the different rooms. Demi was helpful and kind to work with. I did have to follow up a few times before booking, but once we did, it was fine. Also, my husband and I are excited to use our Historic New England membership!

Unique and beautiful venue

Reviewed on 11/09/2013 Laura J

We had an absolutely lovely reception at Lyman. Not only are the house and gardens truly lovely, but I think our guests (and us!) enjoyed the variety of being able to go from the gardens to the different rooms of the house. Everyone was able to enjoy the veranda and garden before dinner, which we had in a tent, before heading into the house for dessert and dancing in the ballroom. The size of the house gave us a lot of room to play with, so we were able to offer our guests much more than we might have otherwise. Overall, everything went quite smoothly during the reception. There are just a couple of things I would point out that, though I don't believe would be deal-breakers for many people, I do wish we had just been aware of beforehand. First, the Lyman Estate has a 4-hour alcohol service policy, which must be continuous. They will stretch it just a bit, but if you have a five hour reception the bar will be not be open the whole time. We had a six hour reception so it became a bit of an issue for us. Also, we had really been hoping to have the greenhouses open for an hour or so during our reception, as they are a major feature of the property and quite lovely. However, we were told that there would be a $250 charge to do so, which we didn't think quite worth it considering that's nearly 10% of what we were already paying for the venue. As I said, neither of these things made an overwhelming difference to the quality of the reception, they just marred our experience a bit because they were unpleasant surprises for us. Overall an amazing venue, as long as you can live with the two points mentioned.

11/12/2013 Response from the vendor

The Lyman staff continuously strive to provide a phenomenal experience for each and every couple. The liquor serving policy is fixed by Board Members and Trustees and is very strategically worked to fit snugly into the typical 5 hour reception time frame. The bar is... Read Less Read More

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Erin D

Everyone was so helpful, the grounds and decorations were just beautiful, a very "New England" setting. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Magnifique!

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Amy L

This was the perfect, most picturesque place to get married! My husband and I loved the classic, colonial feel of the house, and the decorations were stellar. With all its rooms and amenities (tables, chairs, AC all included!) the Lyman offered, we knew immediately this was where we wanted to get married. We got married here on a Thursday, and it was such an incredible deal! We were able to utilize the outside grounds for our ceremony, and then everything else (Photobooth, dinner buffet, bar) was all indoors. It was like they said, "the best day of your life." If you're into art, historic places with a European influence, this is the place!

Perfect venue

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Jessica S

I recently got married at the Lyman Estate and am so glad we picked this venue. It is just stunning. We had our ceremony outside and our reception inside. I wish it had been a bit less expensive (I think it was $3,500 for the venue itself not including anything other than chairs and the venue) but in the end it was 100% worth it because we loved the venue so much.

11/12/2013 Response from the vendor

A response regarding the cost of the Lyman Estate rental is necessary here. The rental is significantly reduced on weekdays, Fridays and Sundays - offering a very good and affordable pricing range to suit most. It includes the ceremony, Lyman staff, air-conditioning, parking, tables and... Read Less Read More

My Big Gay Wedding

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 DJ H

What a beautiful setting for our wedding. Everyone kept commenting how it was like being on a movie set. Beautiful grounds and house, helpful staff, onsite kitchen, tables and chairs, etc. It's very versatile for a small gathering to a large tented affair. I would love to do another party here.

Charming venue for small reception

Reviewed on 12/07/2012 Michelle L

The Lyman Estate is filled with old world charm and reasonably priced, ideal for a small reception. We had 65 guests and wanted a place that was intimate and had character. Lyman proved to be the perfect location.

Gorgeous setting, accommodating staff

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Nicole H

Gorgeous setting for October wedding! Demi and Michael were phenomenally helpful before and during the wedding.

Lyman Estate

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 megan j

Beautiful, worth the price

Wedding venue

Reviewed on 1/01/2011 Ann B

Absolutely beautiful location right outside of Boston. We loved having our wedding there.

Classic New England Charm

Reviewed on 9/23/2010 Kimberly P

This venue was simply beautiful, and loved by friends and family. The house itself is a gorgeous period piece oozing with character and lovely details. The staff is helpful and the property is also well cared for and spacious enough for a great outdoor ceremony. We wanted New England beauty without any of the fussiness and were able to do this beautifully (and incorporate our Caribbean/Hawaiian wedding elements into the event). Couldn't ask for any better- and also quite affordable!!

TO Lyman Estate