Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

3500 Sunnyside Ave, Philadelphia, PA
Willing to Travel Anywhere!

Mackenzie and her Crew are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 Sheree F

I cannot even tell you how much we LOVED the services from Mack Stylist!! I did quite a bit of re search when it came to my hair and make-up artist. At the time, i was having HUGE issues with my skin. I had HORRIBLE Acne and i refused to let it show on my Wedding Day! The first... Read More trial...i knew what was going to happen, and unfortunately because of MY skin issues ( NOT THEM ) My make-up melted right off within an hour. I emailed Mack my concerns and she said, dont worry we will figure this out!!! She had me come back in for a trial with Nick. Let me tell you, He is AMAZING!!! I loved him! On my wedding day, we ended up choosing to go with Airbrush make-up. Myself AND my Bridesmaids looked FLAWLESS...especially since it was about 88 degrees outside and i sweat SO bad! I thought for sure my hair wasnt going to last and my make up was going to melt off!!!!! Not to mention...I LOVEDDD my Hair by Mack! At first i wanted side braids like every other bride was doing this year.....and i am SO glad Mack talked me out of it because it really is JUST a fad and she knew i would probably regret it looking back in 10-20 years from now (Kinda like the 80's style lol). Anyways....THANK YOU SO MUCH to Nick and Mack for Making my Wedding Day absolutely FLAWLESS!!!

Perfection on My Wedding Day

Reviewed on 12/21/2015

I select Mack Stylist to my hair and make-up for my bridal party and I as well as my mom's :) I had 10 bridesmaids, a strict timeline, and a very rainy wedding day. Mackenzie and her team were the best. Each one of my bridesmaids hair and make-up looked stunning. She made sure... Read More their hairstyles would stay with the weather. We even were done in time based on the photographer's schedule. Mackenzie is very organized, no-nonsense, knows her stuff, and worth every penny. Furthermore, I cannot say enough what she did for my mom. My mom is a nurse, and does not have a lot of time to do her hair and make-up. Mackenzie gave my mom a cut and color that was manageable for her work, and perfect for my wedding. As for her makeup, it was done just right - She made my mom look beautiful - just way I see her - but not overdone. Thank you, Mackenzie:)

best hair and makeup in philly

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Dasha K

I LOVED McKenzie and her team for scheduling me and hour later then the rest of my bridal party and everything else she did! Her whole team was so professional, accommodating, and nice . Everything turned out better then I ever even expect. I had the ceremony at a church at 10... Read More am, pictures from 12 to 4:30 and a Jewish ceremony at 6pm, and its a Russian wedding so party until 2 am.. everyone's makeup and hair stayed almost perfect! For all brides to be--- the day will be documented in photos forever, you want to look better than you ever have!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Lindsay M

Mack Stylist arrived on time, but ended up completing all hair styles 90 minutes late from the schedule timeline that we agreed upon on my wedding day, which then affected the timeline for the remainder of the day. Because of this, I was unable to take 90 minutes of wedding... Read More photos that I planned to take before the ceremony and I missed the cocktail hour and dinner at my reception to take the photos in an alternate location. This was particularly frustrating since we spent a significant amount of time creating Mack's schedule leading up to my wedding. I even called Mackenzie with concerns about the timeline a week prior to the wedding and she assured me that it would be more than enough time. This overrun occurred because Mackenzie continued to mess up on hair for several bridesmaids and decided to redo it, which then cut into the time for my hair. I certainly felt rushed as Mackenzie did my hair. In addition, Mackenzie informed me on my wedding day that she forgot to order my hair extensions until the last second (which I purchased during my hair trial months before the wedding). She bought the extensions last-minute the day before the wedding and they were not the same length as the extensions I purchased during my trial. This caused my wedding hair to look drastically different from my trial hair and I did not like my hair at all on my wedding day. It was too short and it was messy. The point of a trial is to decide how things will look on the wedding day. Although I loved my trial hairdo, this was not executed on my wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Nicole F

I got married on a day in which a hurricane was brewing and headed straight towards my wedding venue location. All of my hopes and dreams of wearing "beach waves" came to a halt and Mack convinced me an updo was the way to go. I agreed, and I couldn't be happier with the... Read More result. My updo was beautiful, chic and stayed in all night (we even did our pictures outside in 30mph winds). She also gave all of my 6 bridesmaids equally beautiful updos. She really is an talented artist! Jen was our make up artist and she did such a great job! Everyone looked like themselves...just a better version, which I loved. She also brought such a great attitude to the morning and helped to ease all of the high running emotions. Hiring Mack Stylist was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Sarah H

After a few failed trials with other vendors, I booked a trial with Mackenzie for my wedding and was initially disappointed when I found out she had been booked for my wedding day. I ended up trialing with Kelly for hair and T Patrick for makeup and all disappointment went out... Read More the door. Instead of trying to copy my inspiration pictures exactly like other vendors, they both customized my look to me based on my inspiration pictures. The end result was a look that worked for me personally while still retaining the feeling and overall look I was going for. Something other vendors had failed to do. And they were so much fun to work with on the day of the wedding. My bridal party and my mom looked and felt amazing and everyone had such a good time working with Kelly and T Patrick. Kelly did an awesome job and my hair looked so pretty and continued to look amazing all night long. Everyone's hair stayed gorgeous through to the end of the reception. And T Patrick nailed my wedding day makeup. We had some caking around my eyes (oily and hooded eyes) after the trial so he made an adjustment for the day of the wedding and I looked perfect all day long! I should also add that I got my hair cut and colored by Mackenzie a few days before the wedding and she did a great job of giving me some style without taking length and matching my hair and extensions. I felt gorgeous and confident all day and I really want to thank Kelly, T Patrick, and Mackenzie for that. It made such a difference having a great team behind me. You guys were the best and seriously one of my favorite parts of my wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Robert B

Mackenzie and her crew were an absolutely fantastic pick for hair and makeup on my wedding day! I am so happy I went with them. I found them on The Knot and did a trial and a haircut with Mackenzie before my big day. I went in with some pictures and was a little undecided with... Read More what I wanted to do with my hair. I was a little nervous because I have naturally curly hair, and I've been to some hair stylists who just don't know how to tame and style my hair straight. I knew I wanted a neutral/natural look since I was having a classic, farm/rustic wedding. I also don't wear a ton of makeup normally, so I wanted to make sure it was neutral and that I looked like myself. When I went for my trial, I could tell right away that Mackenzie was confident and knowledgeable, and knew her stuff. She was blunt about what she thought would look good for my rustic-style wedding, but it was just what I needed. I absolutely loved my trial look. She managed my hair beautifully and my makeup looked so natural. I think I booked her the next day! Leading up to the wedding, I got my hair cut with her and she gave me some tips on things I could do to have my hair "wedding day ready". She also was able to recommend some lipstick colors for that neutral look I was picturing, which worked out perfectly. She was quick to respond on email or via phone, and there was never a doubt in my mind that I hadn't picked an excellent vendor. She was one of the vendors that I knew I could count on to do an amazing job when it came down to it. On my wedding day, Mackenzie and Courtney arrived to Normandy Farm on time and ready to work. We were getting ready in a guest house on site, and the lighting was a little tough, but they were totally flexible and made it work with no complaints. Mackenzie worked on makeup and Courtney worked on hair for my six bridesmaids, flower girl, and mom. Everyone looked absolutely amazing. I was so pleased with the bridal party's look. Everyone looked natural, and had the neutral/romantic feel I was going for. Courtney did a lot of updos with braids that looked awesome. Even my bridesmaid who wears next to no makeup on an everyday basis loved the natural look that Mackenzie gave her. I was also super happy with how Mackenzie did my hair and makeup. My makeup looked absolutely amazing and neutral, like I wanted. She did a unique braid in my hair that had the loose, romantic feel I wanted as well. And everything lasted the whole day too. If you are looking for an amazing hair and makeup artist, go with Mack Stylist. Mackenzie is amazing at what she does and is so incredibly knowledgeable. And her employees are the same way. They helped to make my wedding day perfect. Thank you ladies!

2016-08-26T12:24:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! What an awesome review, we greatly appreciate it! You and your Bridal party were so amazing and I enjoyed the entire wedding process with you as well. I am so grateful for the review... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Abbye C

Ladies, if you want to look and feel stunning, Mack is your girl. Mack is ridiculously creative, talented, and patient. I had an incredible experience working with her!

Would recommend

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Venessa

Mack showed up on time and with a smile on her face despite it being early. 6 hours later, she was still funny and smiling. I received many compliments on both my hair and makeup, and I couldn't have asked for a better job. My one and only tiny issue was that one of my eye... Read More lashes started falling off right after the ceremony. Lesson learned. Bring extra glue! She was patient and kind with my difficult mother. She made a nerve racking day easier. I would definitely recommend.

Superior Wedding Hair and Make-up

Reviewed on 1/14/2016

Mackenzie is the mother of the bride's dream! She provides amazing hair and make-up services, but also organized the services for the entire bridal party in a extraordinarily professional way which tremendously reduced any stress in preparing for the special day! The best... Read More compliment I can give is that Mackenzie provided outstanding bridal services for not just one, but for both of our daughters' weddings! I cannot imagine having worked with anyone better!

Reviewed on 12/31/2015 Megan H

I was so excited after researching hair and make up to try Mack... but when I had my trial, she kept telling me she was tired, was feeling uninspired and had just come off of doing a lot of weddings that weekend, but it seemed Sundays was the best day for her to do trials... I... Read More hated my hair, althought she did do 3 options, but none of them suited me. I hated my make up even more. When I left and really looked in the mirror- my bottom eyelash line had a dark liner that wasn't even blended out and NO mascara on the bottom?? I just didn't feel like she wanted to be there or didn't really care about the trial and to top it off the trial cost me $150. Waste of money!

2016-01-14T10:23:16 Response from the vendor

Hello Megan, I am very sorry you feel this way. I wish I would have known you had an issue with the trial. If I can do anything to fix this and make it better for you, please let me know. I wish you all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Ellen R

Look no further for hair and makeup on your wedding day! The girls at Mack made me feel more beautiful than I have ever felt in my life-- and that was surely the best day for that feeling!! Kelsey (hair) and Kiyana (makeup) were on time, stayed as long as needed to get the job... Read More done, and went above and beyond to make everyone feel comfortable and look perfect! My bridal party loved them, too. Mackenzie is easy to work with and very professional. Love love love.

Best hair and makeup ever.

Reviewed on 1/13/2015 Maggie S

Choosing Mack Stylist for my hair and makeup was one of the best decisions I made during my whole planning process. I came across them on some wedding sites and noticed that a few friends of mine had worked with them during their weddings too. Mack was quick to respond to my... Read More request for information and while they were a bit more expensive than other stylists I had contacted, I decided they'd be worth the splurge. And were they ever! Kelsey and Nicck did an awesome job on six bridesmaids, my mother-in-law and me. Nicck even convinced my makeup-fearing mom to get touched up. Everyone loved how they looked and felt comfortable with their appearances. My hair and makeup were just incredible. I couldn't have asked for anything better! I've never felt more glamorous or beautiful, but I also still recognized myself in the mirror -- not always the case with previous professional makeup experiences. Everything stayed put through hours of rain, sweat, hugs, tears, dancing and a late-nite after party. I also got a pre-wedding haircut by Mack that I am still loving, and received a discount on the cut for being one of their brides. Kelsey (hair) and Nicck (makeup) arrived early, worked so quickly that no one felt rushed all morning, were flexible and made good suggestions, and were a pleasure to talk with. Wish I could do it all over again!

Wonderful & Talented Team

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Nalin O

My wedding was on June 6th, 2014. After several trials from many highly recommended salons around Philadelphia, I booked Nicck for Make Up & Kelsey for Hair. All Bridal Party put their faith in my hand. One of the best decisions ever!!! BTW, I am Asian & my husband's family... Read More is Italian. Both Nicck & Kelsey arrived early & got right to work. They both did amazing jobs on all of us. Everyone looked great their own ways, yet looked uniformly together as a party. Everyone was so happy. We all couldn't stop giving them compliments. To date, Nicck did the BEST make up work on me. I never had a better one & I am an everyday make up girl. It's a really special work for The Special Day. What a wonderful find. When you look right, you fell right. I couldn't say more. Your miracle work have helped make my day a very special day. Thank you!

Bridal Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Megan M

I found Mack Stylist by a random search and I am so happy I chose them! Throughout the whole process they were accommodating and easy to work with. They listened to everything I wanted but added their expertise to heighten the end product. Kelsey, my hair stylist was very... Read More talented and I even opted to have her cut my hair a few weeks before the wedding to really get the look I wanted. She spent a lot of time with me to get it right and I couldn't have been happier with the end result. Nick, my make up artist was also incredibly talented and made the entire bridal party look flawless. Mack Stylist is definitely the right choice if you want a more professional, classic look. I would recommend their services to everyone I know.

Look no further.

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Kate D

There are not enough words or thanks that I can give to my Mack Stylist team, Alison and Nicck, for the incredible work that they did on my wedding day. From the consultation throughout my wedding morning prep, both of them were a dynamic duo! Their timeliness, efficiency, and... Read More most importantly, their artistry, were bar none. All my girls, and my mother, were beautiful and each of them were made to feel so a part of the whole prep process. On the day of, both of them were early and because of this, we never felt rushed and all my girls were comfortable and thrilled at the attention and final product of their hair and makeup! When it came to my turn with both Alison and Nicck, it was a true collaboration and patience on their part to make sure that I was completely happy with how I looked! If my husband's first reaction of tears as I walked down the aisle to him was any indication of the final look, then the hundreds of compliments later certainly helped! I looked incredible and felt like a true beaming bride and look back on my pictures, still wowed by the glows captured from all! So, long story short, look no further than Mack Stylist and her team of incredibly talented professionals! Lastly, special shout out to Imogen, the bridal coordinator for Mack, as her organization and follow-through (and patience) were not forgotten and so much appreciated! All the best to Mack and her team!

Simply Elegant

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Sue C

From the moment I connected with MackStylist, Mackenzie was professional, helpful and made me feel very comfortable and at ease. The first time I walked into the salon was for my bridal hair & makeup trial. I was a little nervous and anxious not knowing what to expect. But... Read More everyone (Ahn, Jaclynn & Nick) was soOOOo incredibly nice, fun and supportive!!! I highly recommend the bridal trial! It allows you to get an idea of what to expect for the big day. I chose to put the hair & makeup trial to great use for our engagement shoot. Not only was I amazed by the final results at the salon, I was able to see how the hair & makeup translated in our engagement photos (which were amazing by the way)! The day of the wedding, Jaclynn (hair) & Ahn (makeup) arrived on time and were professional, focused and extremely efficient! They were so efficient that they completed 5 bridesmaids, 1 MOB and 1 bride ahead of schedule! Everyone looked simply gorgeous!!! The icing of the cake was how fun they were and how much all of my bridesmaids enjoyed their time with both girls! Throughout the whole day, I felt beautiful and confident! My hair and makeup withstood all my bouncing, dancing and goofing around! My hair did not move!!! AMAZING!!! My mom and all my bridesmaids were also breath taking and the hair and makeup stayed beautiful all day! Recently, I received my photos from my wedding and all I can say is “WOW”! The hair and makeup look amazing and perfect! I was looking for a stylist who could create timeless elegance and beauty and MackStylist NAILED IT!!! I received the most wonderful compliments from so many people! I cannot thank MackStylist enough for everything they did for me! Throughout the whole day of the wedding (and throughout the whole engagement) I never once worried about hair or makeup because I knew I had the BEST! I highly recommend MackStylist to everyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Anjelica P

I actually came across Mack Stylist on The Knot and booked them over a year in advance for my October 2014 wedding. Working with the whole bridal team was awesome; everyone I ever spoke to at the salon was nothing but nice. Imogen (the bridal coordinator) was super helpful the... Read More entire process and worked with me to add an assistant the week of and hatch out a schedule for myself, 5 bridesmaids, our officant, and 3 moms. Our beauty team of Nicck, Kelsey and Megan were awesome and gave each person the look they wanted. They were also amazing people and made our getting ready process so much fun! As the bride, I wanted something different and edgier than most and they delivered exactly what I wanted. I received so many compliments on my look. It was everything I wanted and so much more. Kelsey really killed it on giving me big, volumized hair (ie; Reese Witherspoon in Water for Elephants). The entire wedding party looked awesome! My one bridesmaid hair was a little challenge and both Kelsey and Megan worked on it. In the end it wasn't exactly what she was picturing but it was still well done and she looked beautiful :) I really can't thank them enough for their services. I would recommend Mack Stylist to any bride to be. They do great work and in my opinion worth the money. They are really willing to work with you to achieve the looks you want on your big day. They will travel to you on your day, but their salon where I had my trial is really nice as well. I would recommend all brides get airbrushing as well. I added it that day and it made my make-up last forever!! Booking Mack Stylist was one of the best choices I made for my wedding party.

Mother of the Groom Fab

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 linda t

Mackenzie had done hair and makeup for the whole wedding two years ago at my son's wedding.We all looked great. MackStylist as their own lovely salon now ...which is great for trial hair and makeup. My sister and I were here clients for my sons October wedding. We looked... Read More glamorous and current. By far an excellent company to work with.

Kelsey and Nicck from Mack Stylist

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Zana Z

I recently got married at The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park in Ambler, PA. I can not say enough great things about the Mack Stylist team. First I will start off and say I did my hair and makeup trial at their salon and absolutely loved both. Nicck made me feel so... Read More beautiful and Kelsey came up with an awesome hair style that I LOVED. They both made the whole experience wonderful for myself as well as my mom. We had so much fun that day. I did the trail about three months before the wedding. For the next few months I kept second guessing the way I wanted my hair so the day of the wedding I surprised Kelsey and said I wanted to try something completely different from what the trial was. She completely went with it and the end product came out beautiful. I was so happy with both hair and makeup. Everyone kept asking the entire night who did all our hair and makeup. They also did my bridesmaids as well as my mom. Kelsey and Nicck came to my hotel also to do the hair and makeup and I highly recommend this. They made me feel so at ease and stress free the entire morning. They are so FUN! I can not say anything negative towards Mack, they made my whole wedding experience wonderful!

You will Never Feel or Look more Beautiful

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Aimee d

Mackenzie and Jess were a dynamic and mega creative team. I think what I loved most about Mack Stylist was their ability to take my original idea and just make it a work of art. It was no longer the Kiera Knightly hair style I found but they transformed it into an original... Read More "Aimee" look. I have never felt more beautiful in my whole life and my bridesmaids and mother were all stunning compliments to the overall look. I didn't feel overly made up either, it was super retro chic but I still felt like me which is how every bride should feel. Apart from the beauty aspect Mack and her team are incredibly professional and the line of communication was always open. If you hire Mack Stylist, and you really should, one thing I would recommend is to not be too controlling. They are pros and know what they're doing. If you don't like something they will listen, but I really feel it came together in such a beautiful way because I kept an open mind and trusted in their talent. Bravo!

2014-07-10T20:18:21 Response from the vendor

Congratulations Aimee! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review for Mack Stylist. Mackenzie and Jess were thrilled to be a part of your special day and especially enjoyed the opportunity to be creative in developing your truly gorgeous... Read Less Read More

Thrilled with makeup!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Edward G

I couldn't have been more thrilled with Allison from Mack Stylist. She and an assistant did hair for nine women on my wedding day (me, two mothers, six bridesmaids) and everyone looked amazing - polished, soft, natural and classic. They were efficient, calm and organized.... Read More Allison did my hair exactly as I wanted it, and built volume and hold so that it last perfectly the whole night (which ended up being over 12 hours!). I couldn't have been happier, and would highly recommend her, and Mack Stylist in general.

Mack Stylist is great!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Brittany B

Mack Stylist did a wonderful job on the hair and makeup for my bridal party and me on my wedding day. Everyone looked beautiful and the makeup and hair looked great in all of our pictures. I would definitely recommend their services!

Hair & makeup

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 Elizabeth M

Mackenzie did my hair and makeup for my wedding along with a few bridesmaids and the mother of the groom. Everyone looked amazing! Mackenzie was professional, personable and is a true artist!

Stunning wedding makeup!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Kristina C

I found Mack Stylists through the recommendation of a friend, and I could not be happier with my decision to work with them for my wedding day makeup! Mackenzie was very accommodating leading up to the big day with scheduling trials for both my mom & I. Lakisha & Seth, our... Read More day-of makeup artists, were incredibly talented & professional & helped make every member of my bridal party look absolutely stunning. We loved them and can't thank them enough for everything!

Mackenzie Day

Hi , I 'm Mack ! Thank you for taking the time to look through our page and read our reviews. I am a licensed cosmetologist that has been in the industry for 15 years.I started Mack Stylist 6 years ago as a freelancer looking for more styling work. Mack Stylist has grown into a business with multiple Artists and averages 100 weddings a year. We strive to make every bride feel confident and look gorgeous on her wedding day. We have a full service salon offering haircuts, color and extensions so anything you need we can do ! We offer on- location hair and make-up, inquire for a quote today!

Start a Conversation!