Choosing Kaella as our wedding planner with the full-time planner package was just about the best wedding-decision my husband and I made (besides deciding to get married!) Here's why.
1) Kaella goes above and beyond. She answered emails late a...
t night and first thing in the morning, on weekdays and weekends. She came to my hotel room the morning of my wedding when I asked her to help me steam my dress at the last minute. (Kaella, if you're reading this...I'm sorry!!) Gosh, writing this is making me even more grateful for all of the things that she did without question that I'm sure weren't part of the "job description"... because she is a wonderful soul who cares about her clients.
2) Kaella listens incredibly well. She had us fill out a questionnaire up front that asked us about ourselves, our relationship, and things that were important to us. This little touch became crucial later in the process - when the details on our wedding day were so "us"! For instance, words of affirmation are our love language, and she suggested we incorporate them into our big day. So, we wrote affirmations for every guest...which we, and everyone else, loved! When we told her we had certain style preference around photographer or dress, she was able to instantly make tailored, helpful recommendations -- usually with 3-5 vendor options (the perfect amount of optionality that didn't feel overwhelming)
3) Kaella has impeccable style and taste. I asked her opinion on so many wedding things. My dress. Invitations. Website. Hairstyle. TBH, I follow her personal Pinterest page because now I know that I want my house to look like what she pins. But hey. It's pretty cool to trust someone to so beautifully pull a wedding off. We had so, SO many guests come up to us the day of our wedding and tell us these were the most stunning details they had ever seen (and I didn't think anyone but wedding planners actually said "stunning details" in real life...)
4) Beyond having great taste, Kaella is an organizational and planning wizard. She knows how to make the process entirely stress-free and manageable but also make you feel like you have a say in what's happening. The morning of my wedding day, I felt so zen. The hotel concierge said we were the most low-stress wedding party they had ever seen. That was entirely Kaella's doing. She had spreadsheets and timelines and checklists to make sure we were totally set and ready to go. I never felt stressed throughout the process. (And I am a super type A planner and former consultant, so this is saying something.) I always knew where we were in the planning process...which, because of Kaella, was usually ahead of schedule.
5) Kaella helped us stick to our budget. She helped us prioritize spending on the things we had told her were most important to us -- and to find more affordable options for other things. It was so helpful to have someone tell us the things that were really worth spending on versus the things that nobody would notice.
Kaella, thank you for making our day special, beautiful, meaningful, and totally "us" (ok fine, a much classier and lovelier version of us ;) )
kate and ben