Magnolia Hotel

Houston, TX

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Come in for a tour for your 2014 wedding reception

And we will give you a $25 gift card to use in our bar or lounge! Book your 2014 wedding reception and pick your perk: -complimentary chair covers -complimentary champagne toast -waived ceremony fee ($750 value!)

• Indoor Ceremony Area

• Valet Parking

• Wheelchair Accessible

$$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Hotel/Resort, Mansion/Historic Site, Unusual/Alternative

1100 Texas Avenue, Houston, TX

Perfect Venue for a Wedding

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Leslie D

The Magnolia Hotel was the perfect venue for our wedding weekend! We had many guests come from out of town, so we needed a hotel where we could all stay as well as have the ceremony and reception. Not only were hotel staff professional and attentive to us the entire weekend with special touches, but we received many compliments from our guests about the service also. Kristina was our catering manager and she could not have been more helpful - she answered my many questions patiently and organized every detail perfectly. A pleasure to work with. And the food here is fantastic, which was very important to us. I would certainly recommend this venue to other brides AND guests looking for a place to stay in Houston.

Everyone should have their wedding here!!!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Shekina W

This was the best experience Ever. Kristina B. and her staff were amazing! They made sure everything was perfect, adapted to our changes and were very knowledgeable! THey helped in everyway possible, and are some of the nicest people you will ever come across. Everyone is still talking about the food, the ambiance, and the drinks!!! Love this place! I'll definetly be thinking up more evernts to have here!

More than I could have imagined!

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Kimberly M

I selected the Sterling Ballroom for my wedding ceremony and reception in April 2013. The floor to ceiling windows were a fantastic feature that really showcased the downtown urban feel I was going for. Not only was the space gorgeous (check out their pictures!!) the food was superb, the bar was well stocked, and the service was above and beyond. I didn't have to worry about one thing on the day of my wedding....which was super important to me. Kristina, the catering manager, was there from booking the venue to the end of dinner service to ensure the event was stress free. The have a ton of perks like free linens, candlelight centerpieces, a suite for my husband and I.....how can you go wrong here? If you are looking for an inclusive venue that allows you to bring in your own vendors and doesn't break the bank...look no further than The Magnolia!

The Magnolia is Amazing

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Crystal B

I had my reception at the Magnolia in the 2nd floor lounge and it was beautiful. From the very beginning, Lauren was extremely helpful. She not only made sure we got the wedding date we needed, but helped us in every step of the process from booking rooms to choosing food to making sure we were contacting the right people. She even helped with vendor suggestions. I was worried about parking for the weekend of, but the valet and the front desk were very willing to work with us. There was even another event happening the same night as the wedding, but I felt like they were focused on me completely. The ONLY downside is that we didn't get to stay and relax at the hotel a few more nights because we had to get back to work. I would recommend the Magnolia to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Great Hotel!

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Meredith M

The Magnolia hotel was very accommodating and the rooms were great. It was directly across the street from our church with was convenient.

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 6/25/2012 Clarisa P

I had my wedding here on June 9 and everything was perfect! Kristina became our coordinator after the previous coordinator had moved to another position. She picked up right were we had left off and was very knowledagable about everything. Even on the day of the event, she was able to make some changes to some of my minor concerns. All of my guest had a great time!

12/07/2012 Response from the vendor

You were so great to work with! Thank you for the kinds words and I wish you two all the best as you begin your lives together! - Kristina B.

Perfect Guest Accomodations

Reviewed on 5/25/2012 Kimberly L

The Magnolia was great for getting ready and for my guests! A unique Houston treasure :)

Fairy Tale Reception

Reviewed on 5/01/2012 LaQuisha A

My wedding reception was held at the Magnolia Hotel in Houston, TX. The special events coordinator was so accommodating and made this a wonderful experience. I would definitely refer the Magnolia Hotel to anyone who wants a hassle free absolutely beautiful wedding reception venue!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/29/2012 Clarisia P

I love love love the Magnolia Hotel! From the moment you walk in you just feel like you're in a movie. It's just so elegant and completely my style. We had our reception on the second floor in the lounge and it was just so perfect. I didn't want a traditional ballroom and the lounge was everything I envisioned my wedding reception would be. The staircase in the room is so beautiful and being able to walk down it was such a great way to make our entrance. Our guests had nothing but great things to say not only about the reception but about their accommodations. The rooms are so spacious and so pretty. Don't let the exterior of this downtown hotel fool you, it's an amazing hotel and I highly recommend it!

Guest Accommodations/Magnolia

Reviewed on 4/19/2012 Maria r

The guests that stayed at The Magnolia raved about the hotel!! They said it was a perfect distance from the venue, etc! They enjoyed it being in downtown so they could walk to different places. They enjoyed the bar in the hotel and the nice restaurant.

Lovely!

Reviewed on 4/19/2011 Sarah S

We had our wedding and reception here. It turned out very, very lovely! There were a few small mishaps on coordination, but I definitely would recommend the Magnolia Hotel for a wedding.

Great venue with amazing rooftop views!

Reviewed on 3/31/2011 Kendra S

We had our ceremony and reception here and had a wonderful time. It was great for out of town guests because everything was in one location. The ballroom has great lighting and a gorgeous backdrop. Plus, the rooftop in the pool area has amazing views of Downtown Houston for photo ops. The only disappointments were some of the customer service issues we encountered with valet staff and the front desk. Overall, I enjoyed the venue and our guests had a great time.

lovely, cool location

Reviewed on 3/08/2011 jo m

loved the venue. if you use the club room, you have a very cool open space. there's great art work all around to give it a cool, unconventional feel. the food was great. staff was helpful/nice.

Great reception location!

Reviewed on 11/23/2010 rachel b

We used the Magnolia Hotel as our reception location because I really liked the whole decor and style of the hotel. It is trendy and modern, a place that seemed like we could throw a great party. I was really happy with everything. The coordinator, Claudia, was very helpful, we had a lot of compliments on how great the food was, plus we definitely enjoyed our complimentary presidential suite for the night as newlyweds! The only thing I can complain about it that the bar ran out of some of the liquor that we paid for about 45 minutes before the event was over and they tried serving Scotch out of a Crown Royal bottle and thought no one would notice! Also, I heard from some of my guests that during the cocktail hour the lines at the bar were ridiculous and they never served passed wine as they were supposed to.

angrybride

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 Brian F

I don't even know where to start. First, the service was AWFUL. I understand that I only had my ceremony at the hotel, and that there was another much larger, much more extravagant wedding after mine. But the vendors were setting up for the next wedding before my ceremony. Since the coordinator for the hotel was no where in site, my coordinator had to tell the vendors 3 times to move their flowers since they were encroaching into my ballroom. My coordinator also had to ask 3 times for valet validation stickers. In the end, the hotel had to print out 2 sets. We still have no idea where the first set is, and whether or not guests from other functions were using my validation stickers. Second, I did not see or hear from the hotel coordinator at all the entire day. She did not call. She did not drop by the room to see how things were going. The service was AWFUL. I felt like the hotel would not work with me at all. Unless you are the big ticket for the evening, I would not even consider having your wedding here.

7/25/2013 Response from the vendor

I am very sorry to hear about this Brides experience with our venue in 2010. Event management was changed in April of 2012. Please read our other fantastic reviews on this site as well as wedding wire!

LOVED magnolia hotel!

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 Anna K

This review is for the Magnolia Hotel in Houston. I would give 5 stars for the venue. Beautiful place. They have a ballroom, but we didn't use it. We got married in a church, used the third floor for the cocktail hour and then guests came down to the second floor for the reception. I loved and I'm sure all the guests appreciated that there was an actual bar and not a bar setup there. I don't think anyone had to wait for drinks. We had a 10 person band and the dance floor they provided, plus 210 guests all fit on the 2nd floor. We got reduced rates for our guests and they gave us a free night's stay at the hotel. Food was great (one of the things we really looked for in a venue) and reasonably priced for wedding food. As for the service, I'd give 3 stars because of the catering manager. Not sure who the catering manager is now, but at the time we were planning our wedding, her name was Claudia and she made things more difficult than they had to be---sooo glad we had a wedding coordinator to deal with that. She was really unorganized and would say one thing, but it would be written differently in our contract. We had to revise SEVERAL times to finally get in writing what she agreed to. They were very accommodating though so I'll give them that! Above all, I'm very happy we went with the Magnolia Hotel for our wedding reception.

lovely reception location

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Teresa D

I really enjoyed this hotel for our reception site. Our hotel event coordinator did the job well, but without any enthusiasm. Everything else went smoothly and was beautiful. The hotel is beautiful by itself, so it does not need a lot of decoration. If you can, stay in the Presidential suite for free. Its AMAZING.

TO Magnolia Hotel