Manayunk Brewing Company

Philadelphia, PA

River Club at the Manayunk Brewing Company

The River Club at the Manayunk Brewing Company is a spectacular setting in the rehabbed loft space of the former Woolen Mill. The River Club can accommodate up to 175 guests for a sit-down or buffet and larger groups for cocktail style gatherings. We offer exceptionally reasonable rates.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Loft, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

4120 Main Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 482-8220
WEBSITE TWITTER INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Peter N

So we wanted our wedding (June 11, 2016) to be a small one, low-key, intimate and just a fun time for everyone. My wife and I don't like being the center of attention and weren't all into the first dances and things like that. We just wanted to throw a party for our friends and... Read More family and have fun! Simple! We met Paris and she was exactly the type of person we needed to coordinate our event. She is bubbly, full of energy, enthusiastic, and awesome! With us being kinda gun-shy and tentative, Paris was the perfect complement to plan our wedding. On the day of, she unfortunately wasn't able to be there, but the staff was great at helping set up and allowing my parents, who are florists, set up our table flowers that morning. We got a LOT of compliments about the food and the beer from our guests afterwards. Pretty much can't go wrong with the food you pick. And, the beer flowed all night! Paris and the staff are great - I photobombed a picture the staff was taking in the photobooth - can't find it unfortunately, but they didn't mind at all. I'd strongly recommend working with Paris and Manayunk Brewery. It's a beautiful location and everyone there was awesome!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Amy W

We loved the venue!! The space is perfect for a wedding and has everything you need! Paris was fabulous to work with and was great at helping me with areas I didn't know much about, yet keeping it simple, the way I wanted! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking... Read More for a venue around Philadelphia. It was perfect for us and I would get married there again in a heart beat :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Sarah S

My fiance and I held our engagement party here on 10/22/16 in the Jazz room. It was the perfect venue to introduce our bridal party, family and friends to each other. We and our guests had a wonderful time! The ambiance was warm, welcoming, modern and colorful; the staff... Read More was responsive to any requests; and the food was delicious (The salmon entree was a big hit with all who ordered and I absolutely adore the cucumber jalapeno margarita!!) Leading up to the event, Paris was very attentive, communicative and able to answer any and all questions. She was genuinely interested in understanding our vision for our party when we met in person and we were beyond pleased with the results! Keep up the great work and we'll certainly be back to visit (I love the cucumber jalapeno margarita!)

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Molly M

I would not have changed a thing about our day. Paris and her staff were unbelievably amazing throughout the whole process. We did a cocktail style in the River Club for 200 guests, it never felt crowded, the flow was great. Every meeting with Paris left me feeling more assured... Read More that the day would be wonderful, i left meetings stress-free and inherently trusting her. The day really was wonderful, everything went off without a hitch. I was nervous not being able to see the venue all set up since our wedding was a Friday afternoon, but I stressed for nothing. The place looked gorgeous, and I can take no credit for it. Paris and her team set it up and it looked better than I imagined. I would recommend this venue for anyone looking for something outside the "traditional" wedding-type places. Friends and family raved all night about how different and amazing the place was.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016

We had a small cocktail party reception in the Jazz Room to celebrate our wedding. Paris and her team were wonderful to deal with and made everything so easy. The servers and bartenders during the party were polite, helpful and accommodating. We had an open bar and an array... Read More of appetizers, and we received rave reviews from all of our guests about the food. I can't speak to a big formal "reception", but if you are looking for a fun, low-key event, this is the place!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Peter P

October 8 2016 was the best day of my life and Paris Rose and the staff at the Manayunk Brewing Company played a large part in that. We had an 85 guests wedding on the 2nd floor in the River Club. We did a few different food stations instead of traditional course meal so that... Read More way everyone could eat and mingle with each other. It ran very smooth. The open bar was great as there were 2 or 3 bar tenders and the drinks were strong and everyone was served in a timely manner. We had a photobooth and a DJ and there was plenty of room. We customized our tables and the mantle shelves but the space is beautiful as there are built in ceiling decorations and the walls and barn doors look great. The cocktail hour room is also amazing with the mirrors pictures and red chairs. There are also large windows that show the outside of main street which make for great pictures. We also had access to the back deck which gives a view of the river and there is a large tree nice for pictures. My wife and I are already thinking of hosting our 30th birthday party in the same space because we had so much fun and everyone keeps telling us how much fun they had. Thanks for everything Paris and staff. We will see you soon :)

Reviewed on 7/13/2016

Thank you to Paris Rose and the Manayunk Brewing Company for a very memorable event. I planned my sister-in-law's wedding here, as she and her fiance were living in New Zealand. As a professional event planner myself, I was very impressed with the Brewery staff. They were... Read More attentive and accommodating to all of our needs. We had planned an outdoor ceremony and pictures that needed to be moved last minute due to threatening T-storms and the staff could not have been more helpful and competent. Paris was so lovely to work with and helped us all feel calm in a stressful time. I highly recommend the venue and staff.

2016-09-02T10:14:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review! It's truly appreciated! We hope that you visit us soon! Paris

Reviewed on 5/05/2016

We had our wedding reception at The Manayunk Brewing Company in April, 2016. It was a cocktail style reception on a Friday night after our ceremony at a nearby church. To say that everything was perfect would be an understatement. Everything from the venue itself, the food, the... Read More drinks, and especially the service were beyond what we had hoped for. We dealt with Paris from start to finish and she was on top of everything. She was present for the entire reception, making sure everything was running smoothly and going out of her way to make my wife and I as comfortable as possible. The venue itself is great, it consists of 2 large rooms, one serves as a bar area with high top tables and couches, and the other for dining with enough room for plenty of people. We had a band play at the reception and they sounded great in the room, and there was plenty of room for people to dance, which they did plenty. The building itself has an intimate and rustic feel to it, and it is a completely private area away from the main bar/restaurant. Please just go look at the room if you are considering The Manayunk Brewing Company, you'll see very quickly why we fell in love with it. Valet service is also available. All of this is great but what really made our night special was Paris. She was in contact with us from start to finish and we always felt like she was just a call or email away. She was always responsive and always had great suggestions and guidance. Honestly, almost everyone we have talked to since the wedding has gone out of their way to say how much they loved the reception. We would and will recommend this venue to any of our friends looking to get married in the future. Thank you, Paris.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Grace L

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the River Club on March 5th. Paris Rose, the Events Manager made our day perfect in every way. Thank you, Paris, so setting up, throwing, managing, and coordinating our wedding! We had so so much fun, and it was all due to your... Read More level-headedness and precise direction. I used to cater weddings, and I know managing family and bridal parties can be like herding cats, but you were so professional. I can honestly say it was the best day of my life and we couldn't be happier with choosing the brewery as our location. We had multiple compliments about the venue, table settings, foods, services, decorations, and bartender. Everyone, especially Paris, was incredibly attentive to our very need and you even helped calm my nerves just before the ceremony. Thank you. I absolutely recommend the brewery. Thank you so much for just being awesome!

The Perfect Choice

Reviewed on 1/26/2016

The service provide by Paris ad the staff at Manayunk Brewery was more than perfect. Not only was the Reception perfect, they did an excellent job dealing with all the pre-reception details too. We had alot of family who traveled a long distance to attend, but this staff made... Read More us all feel welcome. I would highly recommend this venue for any type of celebration, be sure to ask for Paris! She made our joyous day perfect.

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Maria S

There is NO other place we would have wanted to have our winter wedding reception! We've received endless compliments on the food, beer selection, service, and overall vibe from our guests! With Paris Rose as the Event Coordinator, we felt completely supported to make our dream... Read More wedding celebration happen. She ensured we had dynamite (gluten-free) food and alcohol options on a budget, and she planned out a perfect arrangement for our 105 closest friends, DJ, and blue-grass band. We had a lot of unique, DIY decorations and were able to drop them off the day before, and Paris orchestrated a timely set-up. We even added a few last minute guests and made a last minute request for photos in the brewery room - Paris made it happen. There are so many elements of planning a wedding that you just never even imagine until you need to make an on-the-spot decision. Paris made those moments so easy, and we trusted her 110%. Thank you and your amazing staff for a PERFECT evening!!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2015

We knew from the moment we saw a portrait of Johnny Cash next to another of Billie Holiday that the River Club at the Manayunk Brewing Company would be our perfect venue. It also met all our requirements of wanting both our ceremony and reception in one place and needing... Read More handicap access for my grandfather. We loved the ease of just picking our menu from an awesome, but not overwhelming range of options. We did get a little nervous when we found out the event coordinator we started working with for our 10/4/15 was leaving, but then we met Paris and within a brief conversation she had our full confidence. She and her staff went beyond our expectation. Our guests were warmly welcomed, well directed, and satiated with delicious food and drink. We highly recommend as a fun setting with a very accommodating staff.

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Sam S

Everything about our 10/24/15 wedding at the Manayunk Brewery was AMAZING! Paris was completely on top of every detail of the day and kept everyone and everything organized. When we first went to the brewery about a year ago, we knew that it was the perfect place for our special... Read More day. Our guests have given us so many compliments on the venue and how we were able to add our own personal touches to every element of our wedding.

2015-11-24T11:36:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! I had a blast working with you and your family. It was a memorable event! Please visit us soon. Paris

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Shannon S

Manayunk Brewary did a beyond amazing job on our 10-10-15 wedding, Paris (event planner) and staff want above to make our day even more perfect then we expected, everyone was so friendly and accommodating. Everyone of our visions they made come to life, the food was great,... Read More and everyone talked about how modern and perfect the atmosphere was. We wouldn't change a single thing & would highly recommend checking this venue out, you won't regret it.

2015-11-07T10:39:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review and entrusting us to take part in your big day!Please make sure to stop in and visit us soon! Paris

Unique location with a lot of character & Event Planner (Marissa) was AWESOME!

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Lauren S

This location had everything that we wanted and more! The food was fantastic. I would recommend spending the extra money to get the sushi spread during the cocktail hour, our guests are still talking about it! We had around 100 people. The reception area perfectly accommodated... Read More this amount. It was a beautiful day, our guests also enjoyed the outdoor porch and open bar. The space has a lot of character which made it easy to decorate. Marissa was our event planner, she was awesome! We really appreciated the time she took to make everything special for us leading up to the day of. She was easy to reach when we needed her. We would definitely recommend this location for anyone looking for unique space with good food and atmosphere.

Best Value in Philly

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Grace W

This place is great! We had originally booked another venue with an industrial feel in Philly, but they got evicted and we had to start from square one again...THANK GOD! I actually like this place million times better than the first place we booked and we saved about $10k!!... Read More My husband is a beer guy so he was sold once he heard we would get to have their craft beers instead of just bud and bud light. Not only is it about ⅓ less than all the other places in Philly we looked at...and we looked at them all...but its old lofty feel gives it more character than a regular old ballroom which is exactly what we were looking for. We only did votive candles and centerpieces for decor, but guests kept telling me how beautiful the space was. Huge bonus- the giant deck out back that you can use for no charge (additional bartender is $75 for the night...totally worth it!) My only complaint is that Marissa can be a bit less responsive than I would prefer. She will always get back to you though, it just make take a few days.

Great experience

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 Jess S

We had our rehearsal dinner and welcome party at Manayunk Brewery and had a wonderful experience. It was easy to book and choose our menu, and while there, the staff were incredibly attentive and we had a wonderful time.

Great casual venue

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Kristin L

We had a reception for 110 people in the River Club area of the brewery in July, 2012 and it was wonderful! We made it a somewhat casual affair, with the South Philly Buffet (cheesesteaks, hoagies and soft pretzels!). Heather, the event manager, is very nice and helpful - laid... Read More back but very on top of anything you need! Plus the DJ they use on a weekly basis and recommended was wonderful, made the night so much fun! Great place if you love good beer and food!

Venue: amazing, Communication: needs work

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Sara N

I loved having my wedding at the Manayunk Brewery. The River Club upstairs is a beautifully simple, sunny, large room with a gorgeous dark wooden bar in the adjacent room. The food was delicious - just what we wanted - and the servers during the event were outstanding. One girl... Read More even came up to me right after the ceremony and asked me, by name, if I needed anything. I was impressed. Our wedding was on the hottest day of the summer and the air conditioning, and then the power, went out. Luckily, both came on in time, and the Brewery compensated us for our trouble. Considering how great my experience was with the Brewery, it grieves me to say that their Event Manager needs to communicate better with people renting the space. She was never rude to me, but I did feel like I was always reaching out to her, never her to me. Having never organized an event this large, I could have used her guidance, which I never got. I felt that she never completely read the emails I sent, and when I talked to her on the phone, I felt like I was bothering her. Not how a bride should feel. All in all, excellent venue, excellent value (they were great about working with our budget), not so excellent communication. I would still recommended it.

Perfect intimate atmosphere

Reviewed on 1/06/2011 Dawn C

We had a small invitation list of only 110 guests, and the Brewery was only the 2nd venue we considered and it was just right. The food here is excellent and the prices even better. The event planner is named Heather McAlum and she is very easy to work with. The staff was... Read More wonderful to work with and catered to my new husband and I as well as our guests. If you are looking for an abundance or food for a buffet for a reasonable price, you can't go wrong with the Manayunk Brewery!

Fun Night! but the sales coordinator is terrible.

Reviewed on 11/23/2010 Heather D

I spent time 3 week before the wedding to design the seating plan for the rehearsel dinner. I emailed it off to the sales coordinator and never heard back. When I called her 2 WEEKS later she was finally able to locate it and said that it would be fine. When I arrived the night... Read More of they had set up 6 SMALL 4 person tables for 28 guests. After finding a manager he attempted to fix the situation and explained that a floor plan was never given to him. After that the staff was very helpful and the food was AMAZING as well as the drinks. Everyone had a wonderful evening despite the original mix up.

Review for Manayunk Brewing Company

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Rhianwen L

It is the perfect balance of eclectic and class. We loved the bar and dance area with trendy red leather couches adjacent to an elegant dining area that made for beautiful pictures.

Review for Manayunk Brewing Company

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Nicole L

I love the fact that the space matched our exact mood and feelings. The space was had a unfinished, but interesting look. The banquet manager and staff was very professional and catered to my every need.;If you are looking to have a large wedding (over 125 guests) then this... Read More isn't the place for you.