Manayunk Brewing Company

Philadelphia, PA

Book Your Wedding with Manayunk Brewing Company

A BALLROOM IN PHILADELPHIA, PA

The Manayunk Brewing Company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a beautiful industrial chic wedding venue with brick walls and other highlights from the Philadelphia industrial area. It is right on the Manayunk Canal, which is adjacent to the Schuylkill River. This location is ideal for a wedding any time of the year, for either your ceremony or your reception or both. It’s especially lovely in the spring, summer and autumn to hold a cocktail reception on the patio for around 200 people. The River Club, a loft space in the mill, can hold up to 175 for a seated, banquet-style reception. This building, built in 1822, used to be a cotton mill owned and operated by a woman. About 90 years later, the site became a woolen mill and, in 1992, the space became a restaurant, which still prominently features an original wool scale. Manayunk Brewing Company has brewed hundreds of beers since 1996 and also features a sushi bar and a stone pizza oven. One of the most interesting features of this location is that they offer kayak tours along the canal and river during the summer months, so the most active of your group can benefit from not only visiting with you at the wedding but on the water, too.

On Mondays and Tuesdays, parking is complimentary, but on Wednesday through Sunday, only two hours of parking are validated. There is valet parking offered during peak hours, but discuss with the event coordinator how to plan for parking for a large crowd. The venue is also close to the Regional Rain Line for those local guests local to the area.

On your wedding day, the staff promises a seamless event so you do not have to worry about anything. Marry outdoors on the river and then process up to the reception event space, first enjoying a passed hors d’oeuvres cocktail hour out on the loft terrace overlooking the water. Or, for a smaller guest list, marry out of doors on the patio right there at the River Club. Dining in the club during the afternoon provides abundant natural light with its large windows. A mix of Japanese lanterns adorn the ceiling for a whimsical formality. Plenty of photo opportunities exist in the historic building and there is ample room for dancing on the inlaid wooden flooring. As you celebrate with your guests as a married couple for the first time, enjoy the many kinds of menu options available to you, including craft beer.

• Built-in decorative shelving can feature your own photo frame displays or party favors; one option is to set up the head table with this wall as a backdrop
  • LED lighting
  • Voted Best Al Fresco Dining in Manayunk

River Club at the Manayunk Brewing Company

The River Club at the Manayunk Brewing Company is a spectacular setting in the rehabbed loft space of the former Woolen Mill. The River Club can accommodate up to 175 guests for a sit-down or buffet and larger groups for cocktail style gatherings. We offer exceptionally reasonable rates.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Loft, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

4120 Main Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 482-8220
WEBSITE TWITTER INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Ashley V

I can’t say enough good things about Paris Rose and the Manayunk Brewing Company. We recently got married in the River Room (10-13-17) and from start to end everything was AMAZING. Paris was amazing from the time we booked the venue back in February of 2016 all the way up to the... Read More wedding day. She was on board with anything I could throw at her for my 1950s Friday the 13th wedding. She was so supportive, responsive and amazing to work with. She help my now husband and I every step of the way. She truly made us feel like old friends and family. Paris could not do all this alone; her staff is FABULOUS as well. From beginning to end they where friendly to all of my friends and family. They worked with us before and after the wedding to set up and break down everything. They where always checking on my husband and I to make sure we had everything we needed, we got to eat something and our glasses where never empty. There was one bar tender, I’m sad I never got his name, I feel like every time I turned around he had another glass of wine or a bottle of water for me. He was amazing. The River Room it’s self is absolutely gorgeous and we did very little to enhance it. Up-lighting bounced off the brewery pipes in the open ceiling to create a really cool effect. The surrounding area was amazing for family and bridal party pictures. Paris even allowed us into the brewery to get some amazing shots with the machinery. Dinner was fabulous, every plate was delicious, all night my guest where commenting on the apps and entrees. My husband and I enjoyed the food so much when we did our tasting that we also booked our rehearsal dinner there as well. We plan on going back every year on our anniversary, and maybe a few other times as well! Seriously if you want a fun and beautiful venue filled with an amazing staff and food and a night you will never forget, you need to call Paris Rose at the Manayunk Brewing Company

Reviewed on 10/19/2017

When planning a wedding you hope for a dream come true - the Manayunk Brewery made that possible! The Manayunk Brewery offered a modern upbeat vibe for our wedding reception of approximately 150 guests on 9/30/17. Our goal from the very beginning was to find a venue that was... Read More "out of the norm" and was more relaxed - without a doubt we found that at the brewery. We utilized the ballroom/loft area and the deck for our wedding reception. PARIS IS AMAZING. She was extremely knowledgeable, down to earth, prompt, and helpful throughout our wedding planning process. She made sure to understand exactly what we were envisioning and made those desires come to life. The menu is so broad and provides plenty of options. We went with the food stations and served sliders, pasta, buds, tacos, ect. We ended the night with Ben & Jerry's ice cream catering. Paris made things easy for me - which every bride is looking for! She communicated with my outside vendors i.e. DJ, photographer, decorators, and bakery, and Ben & Jerry's to make things run smoothly and coordinate details. This was a huge help. The servers throughout the night were very attentive. They made sure there was plenty of food rolling out of the kitchen and even took the time to put a plate together FOR ME while I was greeting guests - and forgot to eat. If you are looking for a unique upbeat venue check out the Manayunk Brewery. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Sam D

We had our wedding at Manayunk Brewing Company on 4/22/21017 & had such an amazing experience! From the start of wedding planning, my fiancé & I were drawn to the Brewery as it allowed us to include beer (our favorite) & still have that fancy/refined wedding ceremony &... Read More reception feel. The River Room is stunning! Between the hardwood floors, architecture, and overlook to Main Street - it was the perfect & unique backdrop for our ceremony & reception. Event Manager & Communication Paris, the Event Manager, is easy to work with & extremely accommodating! From our first walk-through, she happy to answer questions, provide information on different aspects of the room and how they run events. Each time I emailed her with questions, she was super responsive and provided her recommendations/suggestions throughout. As we got closer, she was awesome at checking in and making sure we were on target for RSVPs and decoration/setups. For the ceremony rehearsal, she really helped go through each area for Plan A (outside) and Plan B (indoors). Overall, her attention to detail allowed for our event to run smoothly and ensure that our guests were enjoying themselves! Food & Drink THE FOOD IS TO DIE FOR. Before the tasting you get the menus to review and make some preliminary decisions-there were so many choices of appetizers and additional stations we had such a hard time narrowing down our options! We had our tasting a few months prior and were so impressed with the quality of the food. Throughout the wedding, our guests kept telling us how much they enjoyed the appetizers and how the entrees were so delicious. We're beer drinkers and were so glad that any beer they have in the downstairs restaurant is on tap for private events. The different flavor combinations were amazing & our guests raved about the options they had to choose from. We cannot thank Manayunk enough for creating such a great memory of our big day. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Jaime B

My husband and I were overwhelmed with searching for our perfect venue and once we met with their even coordinator, Paris at Manayunk Brewing Company, we both instantly knew this was our spot! Paris was more than professional; she was accommodating from our first meeting until... Read More the end of our wedding day. Taking time to check in on us throughout the year and keeping us on track, to making sure we were eating throughout the event are only a few of the ways she went above and beyond. The space was perfect for our ceremony and the area surrounding the location was a beautiful setting for photos. Equally as important, the food was DELICIOUS!! Every single piece of prime rib was cooked perfectly to temp, the chicken was moist, the vegan and vegetarian options were also a huge success and the passed hors d'oeuvres were scrumptious. I would also like to give a round of applause to the service staff. Every single person working that day was kind and attentive. We can not say enough to describe how perfect this venue is. Thank you, to the entire staff at Manayunk Brewing Co. for every part you played in making certain our wedding day was amazing.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Danielle S

One of the first things Rob and I did to pick a venue was figure out "what kind of people we are." Asking ourselves important questions like: are we golf course people? NO. are we beach people? NO. are we barn people? HELL NO. Are we Brewery People?! ABSOLUTELY. Wait, do... Read More breweries even do weddings?! Thus began our google search and we uncovered that Manayunk Brewing Company has a reception space!!! We e-mailed them and then headed over to check out the space. (insert heart eyes here). We loved it, we loved the look of the space, shelves to decorate, we loved the price, and WE LOVE PARIS. Wow, Paris the event coordinator there is great. She was easy to work with, made great suggestions, helped with the menu, was there for our tasting, worked easily with my vendors and really made our experience wonderful. I was definitely the bride who showed up with a GIANT check list, 100 questions, two wedding planning books, a pencil, and a pen. Paris answered my questions, put me at ease, had a format for the table chart, and answered every dumb/panicked question I had with a calm manner and explanation. We also got to take photos in the hottest room of all time, I mean, the space where they actually brew the beer, which was cool aside from dying in July because of the heat. My only complaint is the women's bathroom air conditioning wasn't working, which I am sure is fixed by now, and the person in charge of taking down my decorations was stopped a few times trying to access the room where she/the bridal party told to put extra stuff. (I didn't know this the day of my wedding, so honestly, who cares, we the left over stuff the following day) Also, if you decide to do the outside bar, MAKE SURE it gets announced or there's signs pointing people towards it. Manayunk Brewing Company was an awesome place for a reception. We loved the look, the space photographed well with our up-lighting, and it was fun seeing all the decorations twinkle as we pulled up to the front and looked into the space.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 natalie w

Our wedding was an absolute dream come true thanks to Paris at Manayunk Brewery. From our first meeting- to the big day, she made everything very smooth for us. We highly recommend this location for any type of function. Thank you again, Paris!!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Erin J

My husband and I knew that we didn't want the traditional ballroom reception. We're a laid back couple and wanted a place that reflected our personalities. The brewery is such unique venue. The bar/cocktail area has couches for the guests to relax and socialize... Read More before/during/after dinner. The dinning room has floor to ceiling windows which really makes the space feel open. The manager, Paris Rose, is awesome! She's knowledgeable and answered any question that I had. She even drafted an email for me to have a difficult conversation with another vendor lol! With all of the stress that comes with planning a wedding, Paris made this part easy!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Deb O

Being the mother of the bride, like all mother's, I wanted to make sure my daughters special day was perfect! Of course I asked ALL kinds of questions, "What if ...", "Can we ...", "Who will ..." "When ...", "Where is ...", And of course the never ending "Why?" With all my... Read More questions and concerns Paris reassured me, and answered my never ending questions. She made me relax, smile, laugh, and breath! She is a wealth of information, suggestions and is way more helpful then her age suggests. As for the food and service the steak was like butter and the chicken was so moist If there were any negatives (and they really aren't negatives) but the vegetables weren't cooked, they could have used at least 3 bartenders, and the srevers should make their way aroud the whole room for hors d'oeuvres. Guest sitting by and on the couches didn't get a chance to taste all the delicious apps.which was sad because they were so good!! I highly recommend Manayunk Brewery and the talent and wonderful Paris Rose!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Emily B

I don't think I could have imagined my wedding day anywhere else. Manayunk Brewery was so perfect in every aspect. Paris was phenomenal to work with. She went above and beyond, always responded within minutes to any question I had (I had a ton!). She even suggested many other... Read More vendors that we ended up using. Her staff was so personable and nice, and they even made a plate for my husband and I during our wedding. The food was top notch! My Dad keeps calling me to send him some of the wings during cocktail hour. Even some of my family members who are picky eaters were in love with the food. Everything about my day went perfectly, and I couldn't have asked for better service. Thank you Manayunk Brewery!!!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Molly M

I would not have changed a thing about our day. Paris and her staff were unbelievably amazing throughout the whole process. We did a cocktail style in the River Club for 200 guests, it never felt crowded, the flow was great. Every meeting with Paris left me feeling more assured... Read More that the day would be wonderful, i left meetings stress-free and inherently trusting her. The day really was wonderful, everything went off without a hitch. I was nervous not being able to see the venue all set up since our wedding was a Friday afternoon, but I stressed for nothing. The place looked gorgeous, and I can take no credit for it. Paris and her team set it up and it looked better than I imagined. I would recommend this venue for anyone looking for something outside the "traditional" wedding-type places. Friends and family raved all night about how different and amazing the place was.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016

We had a small cocktail party reception in the Jazz Room to celebrate our wedding. Paris and her team were wonderful to deal with and made everything so easy. The servers and bartenders during the party were polite, helpful and accommodating. We had an open bar and an array... Read More of appetizers, and we received rave reviews from all of our guests about the food. I can't speak to a big formal "reception", but if you are looking for a fun, low-key event, this is the place!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Amy W

We loved the venue!! The space is perfect for a wedding and has everything you need! Paris was fabulous to work with and was great at helping me with areas I didn't know much about, yet keeping it simple, the way I wanted! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking... Read More for a venue around Philadelphia. It was perfect for us and I would get married there again in a heart beat :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Sarah S

My fiance and I held our engagement party here on 10/22/16 in the Jazz room. It was the perfect venue to introduce our bridal party, family and friends to each other. We and our guests had a wonderful time! The ambiance was warm, welcoming, modern and colorful; the staff... Read More was responsive to any requests; and the food was delicious (The salmon entree was a big hit with all who ordered and I absolutely adore the cucumber jalapeno margarita!!) Leading up to the event, Paris was very attentive, communicative and able to answer any and all questions. She was genuinely interested in understanding our vision for our party when we met in person and we were beyond pleased with the results! Keep up the great work and we'll certainly be back to visit (I love the cucumber jalapeno margarita!)

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Peter N

So we wanted our wedding (June 11, 2016) to be a small one, low-key, intimate and just a fun time for everyone. My wife and I don't like being the center of attention and weren't all into the first dances and things like that. We just wanted to throw a party for our friends and... Read More family and have fun! Simple! We met Paris and she was exactly the type of person we needed to coordinate our event. She is bubbly, full of energy, enthusiastic, and awesome! With us being kinda gun-shy and tentative, Paris was the perfect complement to plan our wedding. On the day of, she unfortunately wasn't able to be there, but the staff was great at helping set up and allowing my parents, who are florists, set up our table flowers that morning. We got a LOT of compliments about the food and the beer from our guests afterwards. Pretty much can't go wrong with the food you pick. And, the beer flowed all night! Paris and the staff are great - I photobombed a picture the staff was taking in the photobooth - can't find it unfortunately, but they didn't mind at all. I'd strongly recommend working with Paris and Manayunk Brewery. It's a beautiful location and everyone there was awesome!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Peter P

October 8 2016 was the best day of my life and Paris Rose and the staff at the Manayunk Brewing Company played a large part in that. We had an 85 guests wedding on the 2nd floor in the River Club. We did a few different food stations instead of traditional course meal so that... Read More way everyone could eat and mingle with each other. It ran very smooth. The open bar was great as there were 2 or 3 bar tenders and the drinks were strong and everyone was served in a timely manner. We had a photobooth and a DJ and there was plenty of room. We customized our tables and the mantle shelves but the space is beautiful as there are built in ceiling decorations and the walls and barn doors look great. The cocktail hour room is also amazing with the mirrors pictures and red chairs. There are also large windows that show the outside of main street which make for great pictures. We also had access to the back deck which gives a view of the river and there is a large tree nice for pictures. My wife and I are already thinking of hosting our 30th birthday party in the same space because we had so much fun and everyone keeps telling us how much fun they had. Thanks for everything Paris and staff. We will see you soon :)

Reviewed on 7/13/2016

Thank you to Paris Rose and the Manayunk Brewing Company for a very memorable event. I planned my sister-in-law's wedding here, as she and her fiance were living in New Zealand. As a professional event planner myself, I was very impressed with the Brewery staff. They were... Read More attentive and accommodating to all of our needs. We had planned an outdoor ceremony and pictures that needed to be moved last minute due to threatening T-storms and the staff could not have been more helpful and competent. Paris was so lovely to work with and helped us all feel calm in a stressful time. I highly recommend the venue and staff.

2016-09-02T10:14:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review! It's truly appreciated! We hope that you visit us soon! Paris

Reviewed on 5/05/2016

We had our wedding reception at The Manayunk Brewing Company in April, 2016. It was a cocktail style reception on a Friday night after our ceremony at a nearby church. To say that everything was perfect would be an understatement. Everything from the venue itself, the food, the... Read More drinks, and especially the service were beyond what we had hoped for. We dealt with Paris from start to finish and she was on top of everything. She was present for the entire reception, making sure everything was running smoothly and going out of her way to make my wife and I as comfortable as possible. The venue itself is great, it consists of 2 large rooms, one serves as a bar area with high top tables and couches, and the other for dining with enough room for plenty of people. We had a band play at the reception and they sounded great in the room, and there was plenty of room for people to dance, which they did plenty. The building itself has an intimate and rustic feel to it, and it is a completely private area away from the main bar/restaurant. Please just go look at the room if you are considering The Manayunk Brewing Company, you'll see very quickly why we fell in love with it. Valet service is also available. All of this is great but what really made our night special was Paris. She was in contact with us from start to finish and we always felt like she was just a call or email away. She was always responsive and always had great suggestions and guidance. Honestly, almost everyone we have talked to since the wedding has gone out of their way to say how much they loved the reception. We would and will recommend this venue to any of our friends looking to get married in the future. Thank you, Paris.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Grace L

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the River Club on March 5th. Paris Rose, the Events Manager made our day perfect in every way. Thank you, Paris, so setting up, throwing, managing, and coordinating our wedding! We had so so much fun, and it was all due to your... Read More level-headedness and precise direction. I used to cater weddings, and I know managing family and bridal parties can be like herding cats, but you were so professional. I can honestly say it was the best day of my life and we couldn't be happier with choosing the brewery as our location. We had multiple compliments about the venue, table settings, foods, services, decorations, and bartender. Everyone, especially Paris, was incredibly attentive to our very need and you even helped calm my nerves just before the ceremony. Thank you. I absolutely recommend the brewery. Thank you so much for just being awesome!

The Perfect Choice

Reviewed on 1/26/2016

The service provide by Paris ad the staff at Manayunk Brewery was more than perfect. Not only was the Reception perfect, they did an excellent job dealing with all the pre-reception details too. We had alot of family who traveled a long distance to attend, but this staff made... Read More us all feel welcome. I would highly recommend this venue for any type of celebration, be sure to ask for Paris! She made our joyous day perfect.

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Maria S

There is NO other place we would have wanted to have our winter wedding reception! We've received endless compliments on the food, beer selection, service, and overall vibe from our guests! With Paris Rose as the Event Coordinator, we felt completely supported to make our dream... Read More wedding celebration happen. She ensured we had dynamite (gluten-free) food and alcohol options on a budget, and she planned out a perfect arrangement for our 105 closest friends, DJ, and blue-grass band. We had a lot of unique, DIY decorations and were able to drop them off the day before, and Paris orchestrated a timely set-up. We even added a few last minute guests and made a last minute request for photos in the brewery room - Paris made it happen. There are so many elements of planning a wedding that you just never even imagine until you need to make an on-the-spot decision. Paris made those moments so easy, and we trusted her 110%. Thank you and your amazing staff for a PERFECT evening!!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2015

We knew from the moment we saw a portrait of Johnny Cash next to another of Billie Holiday that the River Club at the Manayunk Brewing Company would be our perfect venue. It also met all our requirements of wanting both our ceremony and reception in one place and needing... Read More handicap access for my grandfather. We loved the ease of just picking our menu from an awesome, but not overwhelming range of options. We did get a little nervous when we found out the event coordinator we started working with for our 10/4/15 was leaving, but then we met Paris and within a brief conversation she had our full confidence. She and her staff went beyond our expectation. Our guests were warmly welcomed, well directed, and satiated with delicious food and drink. We highly recommend as a fun setting with a very accommodating staff.

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Sam S

Everything about our 10/24/15 wedding at the Manayunk Brewery was AMAZING! Paris was completely on top of every detail of the day and kept everyone and everything organized. When we first went to the brewery about a year ago, we knew that it was the perfect place for our special... Read More day. Our guests have given us so many compliments on the venue and how we were able to add our own personal touches to every element of our wedding.

2015-11-24T11:36:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! I had a blast working with you and your family. It was a memorable event! Please visit us soon. Paris

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Shannon S

Manayunk Brewary did a beyond amazing job on our 10-10-15 wedding, Paris (event planner) and staff want above to make our day even more perfect then we expected, everyone was so friendly and accommodating. Everyone of our visions they made come to life, the food was great,... Read More and everyone talked about how modern and perfect the atmosphere was. We wouldn't change a single thing & would highly recommend checking this venue out, you won't regret it.

2015-11-07T10:39:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review and entrusting us to take part in your big day!Please make sure to stop in and visit us soon! Paris

Unique location with a lot of character & Event Planner (Marissa) was AWESOME!

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Lauren S

This location had everything that we wanted and more! The food was fantastic. I would recommend spending the extra money to get the sushi spread during the cocktail hour, our guests are still talking about it! We had around 100 people. The reception area perfectly accommodated... Read More this amount. It was a beautiful day, our guests also enjoyed the outdoor porch and open bar. The space has a lot of character which made it easy to decorate. Marissa was our event planner, she was awesome! We really appreciated the time she took to make everything special for us leading up to the day of. She was easy to reach when we needed her. We would definitely recommend this location for anyone looking for unique space with good food and atmosphere.

Best Value in Philly

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Grace W

This place is great! We had originally booked another venue with an industrial feel in Philly, but they got evicted and we had to start from square one again...THANK GOD! I actually like this place million times better than the first place we booked and we saved about $10k!!... Read More My husband is a beer guy so he was sold once he heard we would get to have their craft beers instead of just bud and bud light. Not only is it about ⅓ less than all the other places in Philly we looked at...and we looked at them all...but its old lofty feel gives it more character than a regular old ballroom which is exactly what we were looking for. We only did votive candles and centerpieces for decor, but guests kept telling me how beautiful the space was. Huge bonus- the giant deck out back that you can use for no charge (additional bartender is $75 for the night...totally worth it!) My only complaint is that Marissa can be a bit less responsive than I would prefer. She will always get back to you though, it just make take a few days.