Marrero Events

Serving all of New England and Worldwide

Making Memories, One Wedding at a Time

Understanding how stressful planning your wedding can be and how we can help ease that stress is what sets us apart. Specializing in working with both local couples and those planning long distance, we are here to help you every step of the way, and we always sprinkle in a bit of fun along the way! Marrero Events is celebrating our tenth year as being the premier wedding planning firm in New England and recognized as one of the Top 10 Destination Planners worldwide ... allow us to show you what has earned us that reputation!

Getting Engaged, After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100
F412b66b d91a 408d 92ec 1755c3bf8322~rs 100

Boston, MA Danvers, MA, Boston, MA Serving all of New England and Worldwide (978) 304-0773

Amazing Doesn't Describe Them !

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Courtney T

I had been referred to Marrerro Events about 3 months before my wedding to help with the last details and the day of schedule, let me just say I wish I had Paula Marrerro and Courtney Graham from day one. Paula and her team are by far the absolute best in the business! She took... Read More my ideas of what I wanted and brought them to life ten times over. I honestly can say that without Marrerro Events my wedding would have been a disaster. Paula swooped right in and took over making sure that everything was just as perfect as I envisioned. She worked directly with my vendors getting everyone was on the same page. She handled every detail from ordering my escort card holders to even taking my husbands coat to get dry cleaned (I know right!). I immediately felt at ease with her and her team. She was extremely responsive to my million emails and ideas and gave me her honest opinion on them which I was extremely appreciative of. When disaster struck the night before my wedding a sprinkler pipe burst at my home she let me have a mini melt down but kept me excited for the day ahead reminding me it only happens once. She took care of more then I could have possibly imagined. I do not only see Paula as an amazing planner but now a friend because even thought my wedding has passed she has continued to stay in touch. This dynamic team is a must have for your wedding day. Her cost is a steal in comparison to other wedding event planners and your money goes a lot further than you would ever hope. Paula has a hardworking get things done attitude along with her amazing ideas and style makes her the perfect choice in such a large industry. I cannot wait to continue seeing the amazing events that she produces over the years. We love Marrerro Events so much that my sister will be using her as well for her 2015 wedding from the start. She brings experience, knowledge, and excitement to every one of her events!

Outstanding

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Mark H

We highly recommend Courtney at Marrero Events. She handled every detail effectively, with a minimum of fuss. The wedding ran smoothly because of her. She was aware of a million small details that we were not, and she took care of them efficiently. For example, she got the... Read More flowers for the wedding party from the florist to both the bridesmaids at the hotel and the groomsmen, some at their houses, some met her at the venue. And we did not have to worry about any of that - you WANT to have someone handle that and the other thousand details so you don't have to. Courtney was fun to work with and a pleasure to be around. You want to like the person who is helping you with all the details on your wedding day, and she's not only a great person but organized and effective.

Absolute lifesaver

Reviewed on 2/23/2013 Shannon F

Paula and her tam saved my wedding. Just weeks before the wedding we had a major problem and in less than 8 weeks I had to replay our entire wedding from across the country. I found Paula and she instantly became my wedding fairy. She called in all her contacts and was able to... Read More get everything re-planned for us. We started over completely, new vendors, new location, new invitations, the only things that didn't change for us were the bride and groom and the church, I would have lot my mind if it weren't for Paula and how calm she was and how organized. I would recommend her to any bride without question in an instant.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Lois P

As the mother of the bride, I watched my very capable daughter carefully plan and handle a million details, chipping in where she asked for my help. But as the wedding grew closer, I was happy to hear she engaged Marrero Events for coordination of day-of wedding planning. I... Read More could tell she felt better just knowing she had this support. And during the last few days of the wedding, Teresa McKillop was just invaluable to my daughter and to my husband and I with all of the many details that go into a smooth wedding. The actual event was wonderful and, best of all, all of us -- especially the bride -- got to enjoy it instead of worry about the details. Teresa was just terrific and I'd highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brittany B

We just returned from our honeymoon and people are still contacting us to say ours was the best wedding they've ever been to. We both couldn't be more thankful to Paula Marrero and her team at Marrero Events. From the moment I first spoke to her, Paula was reassuring, kind,... Read More and exactly what I was hoping to find since we lived across the country from where our wedding was taking place. Paula spent time trying to learn about us and what we wanted (but didn't have time to research and create ourselves) and was kind enough to work with my mom as well. I cannot say enough about Marrero Events on so many levels. Leading up to our wedding day, Paula was a calming force and as cliche as it sounds, we truly felt like the guests of honor at our wedding and didn't even worry about a thing. Somehow it all just happened flawlessly and the room was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined with not a detail missed. I wish I could relive it all over again. Without a doubt in our minds, you should definitely hire Marrero Events!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Peggy R

We hired Marrero Weddings and Events as the planners for our daughter's wedding and they were terrific. Paula and Teresa gave us much more attention and service than we anticipated, and we couldn't have been happier. They had excellent attention to detail and were sensitive to... Read More family matters and very helpful when any issues arose. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Caryn D

Paula and her whole team (especially Isabelle!) were amazing! I spoke to a few wedding planners when trying to decide if I was event going to hire one and Paula was the easiest decision I made during wedding planning! We hit it off from the first time we spoke over the phone and... Read More she soon became not only my wedding planner but also my friend and therapist all rolled into one! She recommended the best vendors and was our biggest advocate and point of contact with all our vendors including our venue, which was very difficult to work with. Paula is a straight shooter like me, so genuine and kind, and has the most calming nature. She could always tell when I was stressed and knew exactly what to say to reassure me or help me in any way possible. I always felt a wave of relief after our weekly calls because I knew she had it handled. And she certainly did! Our wedding was beautiful and perfect all thanks to Paula and her team! We would not have had the amazing team of vendors or such a seamless wedding without her. One of the worst parts about my wedding being over is that I won’t get to talk to Paula almost every day, she’s truly an amazing person. If you’re looking for a wedding planner, Paula’s the best pick in the business and I couldn’t come up with enough nice things to say about her! Thank you Paula, I don't know what I would have done without you!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Erica P

I could not have asked for a more perfect match (aside from finding my partner) than Marrero Events. Paula Marrero and her team have curated the perfect formula for wedding planning and my mother, who thankfully lives in the Boston area and helped me plan our wedding, was... Read More without a care when our wedding weekend finally arrived. I attribute this to Paula Marrero, who so kindly worked with both me and my mom every step of the way to ensure we always understood our options and made the decisions that were right for our day. My partner and I could not have been happier on our wedding day and truly felt like guests at our own wedding. Thank you to the entire Marrero Events team for being such a significant part of our lives for nearly two years. We miss you already!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Adelaide P

Paula and her whole team were incredible! (Especially Teresa McKillop!) From my very first conversation with Paula when I was unsure whether I even wanted or needed a wedding planner, she made me feel comfortable and reassured and was incredibly generous with her time. In... Read More retrospect, I don't know what I would have done without her! Hiring Marrero Events was the best decision we could have made! Paula and her staff were the opposite of pushy - they gently guided us through the whole process of planning our wedding and only stepped in to take over when we wanted them to. Every vendor they recommended was absolutely superb, and for the few vendors we picked on our own, they worked with them seamlessly. They were extremely responsive to our emails and helped us with everything from finding a spot for the rehearsal dinner that could accommodate our big families to figuring out how to get our dog to the venue so he could walk down the aisle! During the wedding weekend, I honestly did not stress about a single thing; I just enjoyed every moment like it was some kind of dream. Everything went so smoothly, and I was completely relaxed knowing that if there were any glitches, Paula's team was dealing with them behind the scenes. Teresa did an awesome job handling a ton of details and exuded total calm and competence throughout the weekend. We have had so many compliments about our wedding; so many friends and family have gone out of their way to tell us it was among the best (if not the best) wedding they've been to. I credit Paula and her team for everything coming together so beautifully and with so little anxiety and stress on our part. If you are wondering whether or not you need a wedding planner, do yourself a favor and go with Paula and her team! You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Emily B

Paula and her team were instrumental in making our wedding happen! Paula was incredibly giving and helpful with her time and advice she provided, even before we signed a contract with her. She and her team are so responsive, knowledgeable, and capable. This was the best money we... Read More spent for our wedding as it made everything else happen. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Caitlin S

How do I even begin to write a review for Paula Marrero of Marrero Wedding and Events? In a word, Paula was a lifesaver. She not only managed virtually every logistical aspect of the event, but she helped hugely in navigating the emotional and psychological rollercoaster... Read More surrounding the planning of a wedding, and exponentially reduced the overall stress level. Paula is also one of the hardest working, and most professional people I've ever done business with. She was chief advocate, coordinator, negotiator, friend, and shrink all rolled into one! One doesn't fully grasp the magnitude of the multi-faceted coordination and attention to detail involved in planning a successful wedding, until you're in it. We were so grateful to have had Paula's years of knowledge and expertise guiding us, especially since there are no do-overs with a wedding! Plus, she knows just about everything there is to know about finding the best vendors that match one's style and budget. Every one she had us work with was perfectly suited. She completely understood my daughter and her husband's vision, was super responsive and very flexible. She allowed those of us involved with the planning to breath much easier. The proof is in the pudding, and all our guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to, even weeks after the event. Best of all, the bride and groom had a blast, and wedding memories that will last them a lifetime! Lastly, I will say that Paula is one of the NICEST and real people I have ever worked with. She's a straight shooter and her sense of humor and personal support in every way made her so fun to work with and both my daughter and I now consider her a friend. As my husband said repeatedly during the wedding planning, "Hiring Paula was the best money we spent on this wedding." Truer words could not be spoken! If you are hiring a wedding planner, this lady is simply the best there is, hire her immediately, you'll be very happy and grateful that you did!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Carolyn F

Thanks to Paula & her team, our wedding weekend was better than anything I could have imagined. As someone who is not from the Boston area and who was the first in her family to be married, I was completely lost at the start of the wedding planning process. Paula instantly put... Read More me at ease. Unlike other wedding planners I interviewed, she was genuinely interested in who I was as a person, who we were as a couple, how I was feeling about the process, and what I envisioned for the day. She provided EXCELLENT recommendations for local vendors... I was blown away by the venue, photographer, custom stationary artist, florist, DJ, caterer, baker, and other suppliers. Paula was able to read my personality and match me to vendors who understood my vision and who made my day truly magical. Paula & her team saved me so much time and money by introducing me to the best of the best in Boston and by coordinating everything along the way. It was a true gift to be able to trust the team throughout the process and to really hand things over during my wedding weekend. On a more personal note, I truly appreciated Paula's thoughtfulness and genuine caring for me and my husband. She anticipated so many of my emotional needs that I could not have predicted that weekend. She helped me truly experience and enjoy each moment on my wedding day. I felt relaxed, happy, and present with Paula's team by my side.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Julie P

Paula Marrero and her entire staff at Marerro Events are true professionals who know weddings better than anyone else. Their expertise is invaluable. They helped my fiance and I navigate the planning process in the weeks leading up to our wedding, including booking... Read More transportation, managing the day-of schedule, venue walk-throughs, decor and design, and so much more. On the day of the wedding, her staff kept the bride, groom, and bridal party cool, calm, and organized. They handled everything so that the day was seamless for us. We can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Jade R

Marrero Events are worth their weight in gold. Paula and her team helped me pull of my dream wedding. My husband and I picked their 6 week coordinating package. They came in and were AMAZING. Paula was astounding at picking up where we left off and was able to help bring my... Read More vision to reality. We could not have pulled this off without them. This team really excelled in two areas: Day of coordination: they were even more incredible than I could have hoped. They handled some last minute emergencies and guests had no idea! They supervised everything so I could focus on the moment and my family. Vendor coordination: It turns out weddings are incredibly complicated and Paula was able to communicate with all the vendors so I didn't have to be a go-between. It was incredibly reassuring that Paula handled everything that came up with grace and ease. If I have another event, I would use Paula again in a heartbeat! They are worth every penny!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Kristina G

It is truly difficult to put the value of Paula Marrero and her team at Marrero Events into words. My wedding planning process was over 2 years long and Paula worked with us every single minute of those 2 years. From the beginning, Paula and her team helped us to choose a venue,... Read More vendors and all of the design elements. Wedding planning can be extremely overwhelming and chaotic but Marrero Events handled everything with grace and professionalism. Their experience in the industry and their relationships with vendors throughout New England are incomparable. Paula and her team know the past work of every vendor, appropriate costs for services and how to make an event seamless. As a very detail-oriented bride with a busy schedule, I always knew exactly what I wanted but I was completely at a loss for how things were supposed to be done. Marrero Events took my vision and put it into action. They listened to every single idea I had and worked to make those ideas a reality. Never once did they complain about changes that I proposed or worries that I had. They always put me at ease and in the end delivered a product that was a dream. Working with Paula and her team was an absolutely amazing experience that I only wish I could do again and again! From the first moment we met until the very last minute of our wedding weekend, Marrero Events worked tremendously hard to make everything perfect and to have everything go as planned. I cannot thank them enough for their work.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Isabel C

I could not have asked for a better planner for my wedding. I was lucky enough to be able to work with Paula Marrero and with Isabelle, and they were with me every step of the way, supporting me and helping me to focus my vision for the wedding and bring that vision to life.... Read More Paula Marrero is on top of every detail, knows all of the best vendors (and which ones will be the best fit for each individual bride), is attentive to any and all needs, and knows how to answer every question and navigate every dilemma. She knows when to push you a bit, and when to remind you to relax and take a step back. In other words, she truly does it all! On my wedding day, I never felt that I had to worry about any of the details or what was coming next. Paula was always there, taking care of every detail and gently reminding me to stay focused on the present moment – the latter of which is something that I could not have done without her. The wedding was magical and absolutely beautiful, but the wedding planning process itself was just as special. Paula and Isabelle took the stress out of the process and made it fun. I loved our phone calls and meetings, and it was so hard to say good-bye after the wedding. I highly recommend Marrero Weddings and Events – you cannot find anyone better.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Marjorie R

How can a widow and her widower plan their wedding when they don't even live in the same state? And their knowledge of the wedding industry is limited? And so are their computer skills? They do what you must: contact Marraro Event Planning. From our first contact with Paula... Read More Marraro until she and her assistant finally left the wedding venue after the celebration ended, Paula provided extraordinary service. She absolutely knows everything you need to know. Paula listened to us. She asked the important questions and respected our needs. She understands budgets, family dynamics, scheduling issues, etiquette concerns and, most importantly, her industry. She is organized. She is flexible. She is well connected and respected in the field. She is the best. We give her 5 stars.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Stephanie F

Paula helped us to plan an absolutely magical wedding! From the moment we started working with her she listened to us carefully, helped us to figure out what WE wanted, not what she wanted for us, and just kept telling us she wanted us to be happy. She clearly spent time getting... Read More to know us and our vision for the wedding- every time she made a vendor recommendation we loved it/them! I wish she had been a bit more responsive via email in the months leading up to our wedding, but when it came to the last 8 weeks, we had regular emails, scheduled phone call meetings, and it was clear she was in her element- making sure everything would go perfectly on the wedding day. We absolutely LOVED our wedding day and all of the vendors recommended to us by Paula and her fabulous staff, definitely schedule a phone call with Paula to see if you're a fit.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Barbara H

Paula Marrero = Magic Paula Marrero makes the magic happen. She begins with an amazing network of connections and she will work with you to make sure your experience with each vendor is the absolute best. We had a number of things lined up before we hired Paula but we felt... Read More secure in all of our decisions because Paula was always honest about whom you could count on for what. Would the band overwhelm our 130-person wedding (‘absolutely not”); would the photographer be worth the money (“1000%”)? All true. By the time late fall rolled around, all of our vendors were secured and three months out Paula (and Isabelle) kicked into high gear. Every meeting was a run-through of the big day, but the goal was never to put pressure on us; it was more to firm up the design of the day, put a handful of priority items on our to-do list, and move on. I never felt I had to keep the whole project, or the big picture, in my head. That was in Paula’s job and in her head. And little by little things just got done. As amazing as all this was, I can’t say enough about Paula’s “day of” handling of the wedding -- her quiet command of every detail, her spectacular, loving care for my daughter, her thoughtfulness about my elderly mother-in-law, her sensitive family management skills, her astonishing energy level from morning to night. She seemed to be everywhere at once – but she was QUIETLY ubiquitous. The only bad part? Saying good-bye at the end. A number of my friends were surprised that I hired a wedding planner. I’m very organized and can-do. But it was the best investment we made. It took the burden out of the work. It allowed me and my daughter to have fun together. So it wasn’t just the wedding that was amazing – and it truly was a beautiful, magical wedding – but the lead-up to it was actually also wonderful. It doesn’t get better than that.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Eileen F

If you want a wedding where every detail is taken into account, and you want to enjoy your wedding day without worrying about anything, then contract with Marrero Events. Paula is a master at helping you to create the wedding of your dreams. As the mother of a very busy bride,... Read More I was overwhelmed initially with all of the details involved with hosting a wedding at Elm Bank in Wellesley. While the venue itself is stunning, hosting an event there means contracting with outside vendors for every aspect of the affair. How lucky we were that the event manager suggested we contact Paula. She had coordinated many events at this venue in the past, and we were told she'd be perfect to help with my daughter's wedding. From the first meeting we saw that Paula knew every detail that had to be considered, and she was thorough in gathering information from the bride and groom to understand their vision of the event. Every vendor she recommended was a great fit- professional, talented, and a pleasure to work with-in fact, it was necessary only to visit with the first vendor in each category to make our selection. As the wedding day approached, Paula was methodical in our weekly phone conferences, going through a timeline which involved every aspect of the event from the day before to the day after the wedding. Speaking with other mothers who bemoaned all the details, schedule mishaps, etc, I found myself frequently silently thanking Paula for her guidance. The end result of her hard work was a "magical" wedding (as noted by many of the guests), with fantastic coordination of the transportation, entertainers, caterers, florist, etc to make the bride and groom's vision come true. And, equally important, the bride and her mother (Type A+ people who at times were impatient with slight delays in returned emails), were absolutely calm and thoroughly enjoyed the event, while our event planner, and truly our cherished friend now, saw to it that the affair was simply perfect.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Alicia G

Paula & her team of incredible talent executed our wedding vision perfectly. From the first conversation I had with Paula, I knew we had to work together. Her friendly demeanor and passion/ knowledge of vendors in the industry is invaluable throughout the planning process. Her... Read More ability to make the entire bridal party feel so comfortable and informed is her innate gift. My new husband is particularly thankful that transportation was taken care of and logistics ran smoothly. We truly cannot thank Marrero Events, particularly Paula, Isabelle,& Cindy enough! Take it from a bride..I did not stress about one.thing. on my wedding day...work with Marrero Events!

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Molly M

Paula and her team made our wedding day absolutely magical! We had high expectations after she helped plan my sister's wedding the previous year, and she absolutely delivered. In particular, she helped manage (and think of!) the decor details that made it spectacular (we were... Read More literally wowed walking into the tent), and handled all the details of wrangling different vendors. Day-of, I was fully at peace knowing that everything would be covered, and she shielded me from all the last minute hassles (of which I'm sure there are always some). Most importantly, she was constantly a pleasure to work with and we were thrilled to have her there with us at the wedding.

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

As the MOB, finding Paula was the best gift I could have given myself! Paula and Courtney are professional and knowledgeable and can solve whatever problems come up, but more importantly they are warm and compassionate and fun to work with. My daughter and I were new to... Read More wedding planning, and initially I was overwhelmed by the idea of throwing a very expensive 5 hour party that only a handful of people would even appreciate. But over time I came to view it as a year-long family project that brought a lot of fun and laughs and togetherness, and culminated in the perfect dream wedding for my daughter. Paula and Courtney played a big role in that transformation and we will be forever grateful! I would highly recommend them! The day of the wedding, we were all able to fully enjoy every moment, knowing that everything behind the scenes was totally under control. In spite of the fact that the wedding was at a major Boston hotel that included an on-site wedding planner, Paula and Courtney were the ones who made the day perfect. Definitely the best investment we made!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Andrew B

Paula is a marvelous master of ceremonies! Immediately upon initial contact, we had established a fantastic professional --and personal-- rapport [that is in fact continuing to this day]. She and her team are remarkably organized and efficient - from the outset to the dirty... Read More details. Our wedding, held at the Liberty Hotel in Boston, would not have been the fabulous affair it was if it were not for Paula. She really knows her craft, and helped us facilitate many of the details we would not have even considered on our own. We cannot rave enough about Paula! Practically all of our guests have said our wedding was the best they'd ever experienced, and many have added that Paula was our best investment - and we clearly agree! If you are still seeking a planner of any sort for your event, look no further than Marrero Events!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Lauren O

Paula and her team were fantastic to work with!! She provided expertise and support on every aspect of planning a wedding! She also is great mental and moral support when the going gets stressful. She is professional, flexible and knows the business and everyone in it!... Read More Definitely recommend Marrero for your wedding if you are looking for a veteran who will help you out on all fronts!